PDA

View Full Version : Dr Football

h1bs4life
27-03-2021, 04:31 PM
Never normally listen to Sportsound but tuned in today.
Levein trolling the thick hertz fans , he really is a funny guy with hilarious quotes like the protesters were there cause they knew he was attending . He also threw in a quote about speaking to Anne today.

gaz1875
27-03-2021, 04:42 PM
I thought it was funny when Preston was ripping the previous Hertz managers and the players they had signed, and Levein was part of the commentary team:faf:

CloudSquall
27-03-2021, 04:45 PM
According to Kickback he told the head of FoH he's not available for the manager's role, it's a good laugh alright :greengrin

Coco Bryce
27-03-2021, 04:47 PM
I thought it was funny when Preston was ripping the previous Hertz managers and the players they had signed, and Levein was part of the commentary team:faf:

That was brilliant. At the start he said 'sorry Craig' then continued to rip the pish out his signings 😂

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2021, 04:50 PM
I’ve not been shouting about it but I think Levein’s been a good addition to the BBC radio team.

tamig
27-03-2021, 04:54 PM
According to Kickback he told the head of FoH he's not available for the manager's role, it's a good laugh alright :greengrin

Being pedantic the guy that was on was the supporters federation general secretary. He was calling on FoH to grow a pair and demand change. Didn’t seem the brightest spark though as he seemed to forget they already had a CEO - mentioning Budge had to get a full time CEO in the door.

gaz1875
27-03-2021, 04:55 PM
That was brilliant. At the start he said 'sorry Craig' then continued to rip the pish out his signings 😂

I think he forgot he was there.

truehibernian
27-03-2021, 04:56 PM
"I'm not naming names because that's unfair but there's 5 or 6 I'm really excited about" said the sacked ex-manager responsible for their Academy structure in trying to deflect criticism on himself :greengrin:faf:.............aye nae bother Craig :greengrin

This week has been quite simply magnificent :greengrin

gaz1875
27-03-2021, 04:58 PM
"I'm not naming names because that's unfair but there's 5 or 6 I'm really excited about" said the sacked ex-manager responsible for their Academy structure in trying to deflect criticism on himself :greengrin:faf:.............aye nae bother Craig :greengrin

This week has been quite simply magnificent :greengrin

He probably couldn't name them because he hasn't seen them play haha

I think he's actually sounding smug.

truehibernian
27-03-2021, 05:00 PM

....and don't worry Craig, yer good ones usually get emptied and come to Hibs and make us money :greengrin:thumbsup:

Wilson
27-03-2021, 05:01 PM

He doesn't need to name them. He just knows the six hoof the ball further than anyone else he's seen!

Billy Whizz
27-03-2021, 05:01 PM
I still think it’s a bit wrong for Sportsound to actually have him at Tynie, even more after the Brora result
We’d be in uproar if the likes of Hecky was at ER commentating on our game for the BBC

green day
27-03-2021, 05:20 PM
I still think it’s a bit wrong for Sportsound to actually have him at Tynie, even more after the Brora result
We’d be in uproar if the likes of Hecky was at ER commentating on our game for the BBC

It was important for them to have a full house of hearts fuds today.

Paul Mitchell hearts fud
Biscuits (ex Hun fan) hearts fud
Levein hearts fud
Mcglaughlin hearts fud.

gaz1875
27-03-2021, 05:21 PM

Most people on here have been complaining about having to many hertz lovers on the show, couldn't be enough today for me :faf:

Don Giovanni
27-03-2021, 05:24 PM
Listening to Alan Preston all tears and snotters was wonderful

:greengrin:

Col2
27-03-2021, 05:30 PM

Have you noticed how he repeats every point he makes just in case you didn’t get it the first time. Total fud. Enjoyed today listening to the hearts fan club squirming after each goal went in.

Pretty Boy
27-03-2021, 05:32 PM
I’ve not been shouting about it but I think Levein’s been a good addition to the BBC radio team.

I agree. I enjoy listening to him, he's quite funny in a dry way as well.

I also thought he was one of the few who came across well in that mockumentary the BBC put out. He was surprisingly self deprecating for a guy often tagged as arrogant.

Zazu62
27-03-2021, 05:48 PM
Has anyone a link or a video to any of this?

Bostonhibby
27-03-2021, 05:50 PM

This week has been quite simply magnificent :greengrinCraig Levein signed Vanacek, then blamed the guy for being rubbish.[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
27-03-2021, 05:51 PM
Has anyone a link or a video to any of this?

It will be on the Sportsound podcast in a bit

jacomo
27-03-2021, 05:58 PM

Lennon will be doing media duties for our games soon enough.

jacomo
27-03-2021, 06:00 PM
I agree. I enjoy listening to him, he's quite funny in a dry way as well.

I also thought he was one of the few who came across well in that mockumentary the BBC put out. He was surprisingly self deprecating for a guy often tagged as arrogant.

Thing is, as a manager he is a thin skinned prick.

Agree that as a pundit he doesn’t come across like that.

Real Emerald
27-03-2021, 06:03 PM
Every single signing they ever make is going to be the best player in the league but all turn out to be rotten. They’ve signed hundreds of players over the past few years, must be more than anyone else in Scotland, they’ve cost a whack of money that’s been totally pissed down the drain but they keep on doing it year after year.

Best quote on KB today “the cardboard cutouts are leaving”. 😂😂😂😂😂

h1bs4life
27-03-2021, 06:04 PM

Heard him mentioning that , he really is a funny guy.
Derek Ferguson ' when I signed for Hertz after a month I knew what it meant to play for them , guys like em big craigie and eh eh eh he couldn't mind anybody else he played with .
Preston crapping himself to say what he really thought in case he got the Hogg knockout punch.
Might have to tune in a bit more often if it is going to be this entertaining.

A Hi-Bee
27-03-2021, 06:05 PM
**** the hertz and all who support or play for them
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin:greengrin

Smartie
27-03-2021, 06:16 PM
Levein is the Harold Shipman of football doctors.

Peevemor
27-03-2021, 06:25 PM
Every single signing they ever make is going to be the best player in the league but all turn out to be rotten. They’ve signed hundreds of players over the past few years, must be more than anyone else in Scotland, they’ve cost a whack of money that’s been totally pissed down the drain but they keep on doing it year after year.

Best quote on KB today “the cardboard cutouts are leaving”. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]I read on JKB today that since Budge took over they've signed 14 players per season on average (90 odd in total).

Billy Whizz
27-03-2021, 06:27 PM
I read on JKB today that since Budge took over they've signed 14 players per season on average (90 odd in total).

Preston quoted 97 on Sportsound today

gaz1875
27-03-2021, 06:30 PM

Best quote on KB today “the cardboard cutouts are leaving”. 😂😂😂😂😂

Preston said that during the commentary at 2-0 down, he said if Queens score another the cardboard cut outs will be leaving. Very funny at the time (and now).

Viva_Palmeiras
27-03-2021, 06:43 PM
This programme was peak Jambo but for all the wrong reasons...

So it’s not simply about having the budget...

Just listening on playback the undertones from Biscuits put Craigie-boy on the spot....

04Sauzee
27-03-2021, 06:46 PM
I read on JKB today that since Budge took over they've signed 14 players per season on average (90 odd in total).

I wonder how many have come in the doors at Hibs in that time? Can't be far off the same?
Or maybe I'm making that up 🤪

PatHead
27-03-2021, 06:47 PM
[/B]

Preston said that during the commentary at 2-0 down, he said if Queens score another the cardboard cut outs will be leaving. Very funny at the time (and now).

Did they leave or do own goals not count?

JimBHibees
27-03-2021, 06:50 PM

Which is incredible. Can remember when they were boasting how many great young players they had they then signed loads of players imo unnecessarily? Deffo seemed like an unnecessary number of signings with murmurings of close relationships with certain agents?

Peevemor
27-03-2021, 06:56 PM
I wonder how many have come in the doors at Hibs in that time? Can't be far off the same?
Or maybe I'm making that up [emoji2957]Apart from when Stubbs first arrived and we didn't have enough players left for a first team, I don't think we've signed anything like 14 players in any one season, let alone that being an average.

gaz1875
27-03-2021, 07:05 PM
Did they leave or do own goals not count?

They stayed for the glorious comeback :cb

Aldo
27-03-2021, 07:35 PM
Signing the Greek Ballack was another cracker and SJM carried him the whole game during our 3-1 victory!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is It On....
27-03-2021, 07:50 PM
....and don't worry Craig, yer good ones usually get emptied and come to Hibs and make us money :greengrin:thumbsup:

I thought Hearts got £5 and a packet of Monster Munch when we sold Jason ? 😂

Andy74
27-03-2021, 07:57 PM
Which is incredible. Can remember when they were boasting how many great young players they had they then signed loads of players imo unnecessarily? Deffo seemed like an unnecessary number of signings with murmurings of close relationships with certain agents?

They always seem to sign 5 or 6 new big strikers and wingers each window. Always the same type with similar records. They all seem to vanish after a few games before they move on to the next one.

Is It On....
27-03-2021, 08:12 PM
My personal favourite on BrokeBack today is "In the last week we have played Arbroath, Brora Rangers and Queen of the South. Not one win [not even 3 draws actually 😂].That is outrageous..." 😂

Clarence
27-03-2021, 08:25 PM

His name should be soggy biscuits these days.

Pretty Boy
28-03-2021, 12:06 AM

Hearts now are a bit like Hibs in that listless period in the early to mid 10s when we were churning through managers and players whilst failing to properly address the glaring issues behind the scenes. Good players and good managers don't thrive when everything else isn't in place so when you have players and a manager that fall below that standard you are asking for trouble.

For any faults he had Rod Petrie recognised his shortcomings in that area and made appointments to try and rectify it. When he got it right the club as a whole and the team on the park quickly started on an upward trajectory. I don't see any evidence those in charge at Hearts recognise or are addressing the problems they have at the moment. I daresay McInnes or Neil would improve them but it still looks like it would be on pretty shaky foundations. There are fundamental problems at the club and the turnover of players and 5 soon to be 6 managers in 5 years shows that.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-03-2021, 07:52 AM
It was a master stroke for LD and RG to visit Queen Anne and helps sustain the illusion that Hearts were running a great operation.

LancsHibs
28-03-2021, 08:45 AM

Not boasting or anything:greengrin but how many of that 90 odd would have got anywhere near our starting eleven? The answer underlies their problem.

28-03-2021, 09:51 AM
It was a master stroke for LD and RG to visit Queen Anne and helps sustain the illusion that Hearts were running a great operation.

I'd forgotten about that one. She goes to the press boasting about how clubs were contacting to find out how to run a club well and in fact Hibs were there just the other day. What had probably happened was Budge called Leeann and invited her over and Leeann being the polite friendly neighbour agreed. Leeann then had to put up with Budge rambling on for a couple of hours about how brilliant she is.

We got to see the reality of the Mickey Mouse operation they've got behind the scenes in the BBC docusoap.

If I could be bothered I'd look up how much profit they've made in the Budge era and subtract the fans and James Anderson donations to see what the underlying losses are. Okay there'd be an argument that they've built a stand and they would have cut their cloth accordingly as far as other spending goes but I don't think that would even come close to explaining away those underlying losses. Also make you wonder how bad the team would be without all that extra money.

Peevemor
28-03-2021, 09:59 AM
Hibs & Hearts should definitely work together on some things. Certain community initiatives, strategy when dealing with the OF duopoly, etc.

She was pathetic though holding herself up as an example. It's easy when tens of millions of pounds of historic debt are written off and you have millions per year in donations to play with.

Or maybe it isn't.. [emoji848]

NOLA
28-03-2021, 03:49 PM

Off topic but does he still represent Kieran Tierney?

Billy Whizz
28-03-2021, 04:03 PM
Off topic but does he still represent Kieran Tierney?

The company he works for, Stellar Sports do
I’m presuming he’ll be looked after by a southern based employee now

Pretty Boy
28-03-2021, 05:13 PM
The company he works for, Stellar Sports do
I’m presuming he’ll be looked after by a southern based employee now

Preston was on Off The Ball a while back speaking about Tierney and his move to Arsenal.

He came across well and was quite open about the fact he was part of wider team who facilitated these big money deals.

killie-hibby
28-03-2021, 06:47 PM

Yes,they were very impressed with the chip pan proudly displayed in the tiny trophy room.