PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan goes on loan

Pages : [1] 2

04Sauzee
27-03-2021, 10:01 AM
🆕 Scott Allan has joined Inverness CT on loan.

The 29 year is looking to continue his recovery back to full fitness by building up his match fitness with the Championship side.

hibbysam
27-03-2021, 10:02 AM
Wouldn’t help that lot if it was the only club on earth.

easty
27-03-2021, 10:03 AM

We’re helping ourselves, and Scott Allan.

04Sauzee
27-03-2021, 10:03 AM

Probably more helping Scott Allan which I'm all for.

Allant1981
27-03-2021, 10:04 AM
Makes sense, will get him the games and match sharpness he needs and then come back for pre season ready to kick on(hopefully)

thegaffer12
27-03-2021, 10:04 AM
Provided he has the players around him, he'll be a standout player for the rest of the championship season.

Smartie
27-03-2021, 10:05 AM
I reckon this is a strange one.

If he’s fit to play for them then surely he’s fit to play for us?

I’d have used him recently when we’ve been chasing games.

LancsHibs
A good move, we need SA back to full fitness, not going to get the required game time with us

scottish_sleepy
As long as this isn't us looking to move him on. I'd still rather keep him here this season especially with the cup still to play for.

Since452
27-03-2021, 10:06 AM
Makes sense

yerauldda
27-03-2021, 10:08 AM
After my initial shock & confusion at this, I’m of the mind that this really makes a lot of sense.

The guy needs to play football to get back to the level required for us and we can’t offer that until the Pre-season. He’ll come back fitter and stronger.

Would rather it was Raith or Dunfermline mind you.

B.H.F.C
I reckon this is a strange one.

If he’s fit to play for them then surely he’s fit to play for us?

I’d have used him recently when we’ve been chasing games.

I’m not so sure it’s strange. Reading what Ross has had to say, it’s a player that is frustrated at being available but not getting any game time.

Smartie
A good move, we need SA back to full fitness, not going to get the required game time with us

Will it do much for his overall fitness if he’s then going to go on holiday at the end of the season?

Surely if he’s not fit to play for us between now and the end of the season then it’ll be all about his pre-season?

I reckon he’s fit to play and unhappy not getting a game for us so has agitated for a move.

hibbysam
We’re helping ourselves, and Scott Allan.

There’s plenty of other clubs he could’ve went to and would’ve bit our hand off. Scot Gardner and Neil McCann deserve none of our help.

It’s also not going to help us considering he’ll not be back until pre season.

Smartie
27-03-2021, 10:09 AM
I’m not so sure it’s strange. Reading what Ross has had to say, it’s a player that is frustrated at being available but not getting any game time.

I haven’t read any comments but that would make more sense to me (see my comment above).

MrRobot
27-03-2021, 10:12 AM

We should have been giving him game time IMO. Other players have been getting chucked on with 20 minutes to that have made no sense while Scott was sat on the bench.

He has stated he feels in the best shape he has been in and has been deemed fit enough to be on the bench so not really getting why we couldn’t have been slowly giving him more game time each week to build him back to full fitness, especially when it’s clear as day that we’re crying out for a creative player to make our play more exciting and attack minded.

mjhibby
27-03-2021, 10:12 AM
Surprised raith or Dunfermline didn’t ask the question. Sensible move to give him game time. Scott will feel much better heading into the close season with a few games under his belt.

B.H.F.C
27-03-2021, 10:13 AM
I haven’t read any comments but that would make more sense to me (see my comment above).

"We would have preferred to have kept Scott in the group but he expressed a strong desire to go out on loan. Currently, and understandably given the challenges he has faced during the past year he doesn’t feel fit enough to make the impact that his abilities should in the top part of the Premiership. Therefore Scott feels that strengthening his fitness and continuing his recovery in the Championship is a sensible option. We feel that it was appropriate to continue to support Scott in his recovery by sanctioning the loan move."

Presented as helping Allan but to me, the manager just hasn’t wanted to play him. He was never going to get match fit without any match involvement.

EdinMike
27-03-2021, 10:14 AM
Seems viable to give him game time, assuming he plays every week.

CapitalGreen
27-03-2021, 10:15 AM
There’s plenty of other clubs he could’ve went to and would’ve bit our hand off. Scot Gardner and Neil McCann deserve none of our help.

It will help us a great deal, it will help demonstrate whether the treatment he is receiving for his Heart condition will help him be able to play a full 90 mins without experiencing the extreme fatigue he was having. It will also allow him to play football regularly again which having been out for a long (and no doubt stressful at times) period, should hopefully improve both his mental health and confidence that he still has a career in the game.

Out of interest, what is it exactly that Scot Gardiner and Neil McCann have done to offend you so much except having previously been associated with Hearts and Rangers?

Pretty Boy
27-03-2021, 10:15 AM
Makes sense. We have 5 games left and he isn't likely to feature. Get him a few games then ready to go for pre season and Europe.

MrRobot
27-03-2021, 10:16 AM
"We would have preferred to have kept Scott in the group but he expressed a strong desire to go out on loan. Currently, and understandably given the challenges he has faced during the past year he doesn’t feel fit enough to make the impact that his abilities should in the top part of the Premiership. Therefore Scott feels that strengthening his fitness and continuing his recovery in the Championship is a sensible option. We feel that it was appropriate to continue to support Scott in his recovery by sanctioning the loan move."

Presented as helping Allan but to me, the manager just hasn’t wanted to play him. He was never going to get match fit without any match involvement.

Agree completely.

CapitalGreen
27-03-2021, 10:17 AM
We should have been giving him game time IMO. Other players have been getting chucked on with 20 minutes to that have made no sense while Scott was sat on the bench.

He has stated he feels in the best shape he has been in and has been deemed fit enough to be on the bench so not really getting why we couldn’t have been slowly giving him more game time each week to build him back to full fitness, especially when it’s clear as day that we’re crying out for a creative player to make our play more exciting and attack minded.

20 minutes of game time is meaningless when we need to test how his treatment is helping his ability to last a full 90 minutes.

hibbysam
27-03-2021, 10:20 AM
It will help us a great deal, it will help demonstrate whether the treatment he is receiving for his Heart condition will help him be able to play a full 90 mins without experiencing the extreme fatigue he was having. It will also allow him to play football regularly again which having been out for a long (and no doubt stressful at times) period, should hopefully improve both his mental health and confidence that he still has a career in the game.

Out of interest, what is it exactly that Scot Gardiner and Neil McCann have done to offend you so much except having previously been associated with Hearts and Rangers?

Scot Gardiner is a prick, plain and simple. McCann has previous for absolutely ruining players (Scott Bain anyone). Pair of dinosaurs up there.

Inverness have 6 games left. It’s definitely not going to benefit us. If Allan’s treatment wasn’t working then he wouldn’t have been training and in match day squads for us. The testing he had to go through to get back there’s absolutely no chance we’d have been taking that chance if we weren’t sure.

Kaff
27-03-2021, 10:20 AM

Jack Ross league record is obviously very good, the table doesn't lie, but he does have a problem accommodating flair players. There's been quite a few opportunities to get Scott on as a sub to get some minutes.
Fingers crossed once Scott is fully up to speed and with games under his belt that he can be a part of Jack's first choice 11.
We can be functional and steady in the league but to win cups, win Euro league games and upset the Old Firm there has to be class players in the team.
Hopefully this is the first step back.

Smartie
27-03-2021, 10:21 AM

Yeah, so it seems.

I’m a bit uneasy about this tbh.

A fit Scott Allan walks into any team outwith the OF. Either he isn’t as fit as he thinks he is or Jack Ross just doesn’t fancy him that much. Neither situation is that great.

I can see why he’d be pissed off. If Hallberg gets on ahead of him when we’re chasing the game in Perth, when is he going to get a chance? He’s shown in flashes what he can do when making appearances off the bench.

B.H.F.C
27-03-2021, 10:24 AM
Yeah, so it seems.

A fit Scott Allan walks into any team outwith the OF. Either he isn’t as fit as he thinks he is or Jack Ross just doesn’t fancy him that much. Neither situation is that great.

I can see why he’d be pissed off. If Hallberg gets on ahead of him when we’re chasing the game in Perth, when is he going to get a chance? He’s shown in flashes what he can do when making appearances off the bench.

That was the game that I was thinking about when I mentioned that Ross just doesn’t want to play him really.

As someone else says, it might be a case that he’s not as fit as he thinks. But after that game, I wasn’t really expecting to see him again this season and thought it was utterly pointless him being there anyway.

davhibby
27-03-2021, 10:27 AM

Why would you play a player who doesn’t feel capable of making an impact. I imagine the hope was that if we were comfortable in a game then Allan could’ve got some reasonable game time and worked from there. Throwing him under the bus when we’re chasing games or playing the best teams in the country would be a great way to get him back playing...

This way his ability will pull him through the first couple of games to get up to speed playing for a manager that he knows and played well under before

Hibbyradge
27-03-2021, 10:28 AM

I can't imagine our manager being so weak as to lie to us about this. If he didn't want to play Scott then he'd say something about having enough cover in the middle so there would be few, if any, opportunities for him to play.

Also, he wouldn't say it was Scott's "strong desire" to go on loan if it wasn't.

Clearly Scott feels he's only up to a bit part contribution in the Premiership so he wants to sharpen up at a lower level.

MrRobot
27-03-2021, 10:29 AM
Why would you play a player who doesn’t feel capable of making an impact. I imagine the hope was that if we were comfortable in a game then Allan could’ve got some reasonable game time and worked from there. Throwing him under the bus when we’re chasing games or playing the best teams in the country would be a great way to get him back playing...

This way his ability will pull him through the first couple of games to get up to speed playing for a manager that he knows and played well under before

Yet we put him on against St Johnstone in the cup pumping when we were absolutely chasing the game.

marinello59
27-03-2021, 10:29 AM
Yeah, so it seems.

I feel the same. I don’t think Jack Ross sees him as a key player for us at all.

CapitalGreen
27-03-2021, 10:30 AM
Scot Gardiner is a prick, plain and simple. McCann has previous for absolutely ruining players (Scott Bain anyone). Pair of dinosaurs up there.

Inverness have 6 games left. It’s definitely not going to benefit us. If Allan’s treatment wasn’t working then he wouldn’t have been training and in match day squads for us. The testing he had to go through to get back there’s absolutely no chance we’d have been taking that chance if we weren’t sure.

Scott himself has personally asked for a loan move and look at the quotes from our manager, “he doesn’t feel fit enough to make the impact that his abilities should in the top part of the Premiership. Therefore Scott feels that strengthening his fitness and continuing his recovery in the Championship is a sensible option”. Maybe you should tell Scott not to bother with his loan move as you obviously know what will benefit the club and himself better than he does - or alternatively you could grow up and stop moaning because he’s going to a football club that employ a couple of ex-Jambos.

Brightside
27-03-2021, 10:32 AM
Good move for all.

WeeRussell
27-03-2021, 10:34 AM
That was the game that I was thinking about when I mentioned that Ross just doesn’t want to play him really.

As someone else says, it might be a case that he’s not as fit as he thinks. But after that game, I wasn’t really expecting to see him again this season and thought it was utterly pointless him being there anyway.

What do people mean by “he’s not as fit as he thinks”?

Hasn’t he said himself that he’s not quite there hence he wants out on loan (for those of us that don’t think jack ross is lying about that)?

keep the faith
27-03-2021, 10:35 AM
The solution should have been easy here. Scott needs game time and we can benefit from an extremely talented player to come in and give us 20 mins when legs are tired and his brain and vision can help us.
The fact Ross wont do that saddens me.

Good for Scott that he just wants to play though.

davhibby
27-03-2021, 10:36 AM
Yet we put him on against St Johnstone in the cup pumping when we were absolutely chasing the game.

Yes and there’s probably a reason why that’s not been done again. The bedwetting from some over this is mental. Allan was playing every week after Ross came in last season and for the first month of this one so the whole thing about Ross not liking him doesn’t stand up at all.

This way he could easily get 8/9 games out of this move, get his confidence back and enjoy playing again. Then next season he’s had a full pre season as well and all of that is good for us.

Hibbyradge
27-03-2021, 10:37 AM
The solution should have been easy here. Scott needs game time and we can benefit from an extremely talented player to come in and give us 20 mins when legs are tired and his brain and vision can help us.
The fact Ross wont do that saddens me.

Good for Scott that he just wants to play though.

Scott has said that he doesn't think he can do what you want from him. He's said he'd like to go on loan to continue his rehabilitation.

It saddens me that you think he's lying.

hibbysam
27-03-2021, 10:40 AM
Scott himself has personally asked for a loan move and look at the quotes from our manager, “he doesn’t feel fit enough to make the impact that his abilities should in the top part of the Premiership. Therefore Scott feels that strengthening his fitness and continuing his recovery in the Championship is a sensible option”. Maybe you should tell Scott not to bother with his loan move as you obviously know what will benefit the club and himself better than he does - or alternatively you could grow up and stop moaning because he’s going to a football club that employ a couple of ex-Jambos.

Your talking about Scott proving to Hibs that he can play 90 minutes while recovering, your quote there is nothing to do with that. It’s about playing games just now, but that won’t benefit us next season as hell start again in pre season anyway, and they only have 6 games left, it’s hardly game changing amounts.

Neil McCann isn’t a good manager and has previous for wrecking players, Scott could barely get a start when he was at Dundee under him - is that really going to change now when he’s barely played for a year and Inverness are scrapping?

Heehaw to do with ‘ex hearts’ and more to do with how they are as people.

Like I said, there’s plenty other clubs out there.

Magpie
27-03-2021, 10:40 AM
Understandable move. Scott knows the best way to get back to his best is playing regularly. Also a decent signing for Inverness in their push for promotion.

Pretty Boy
27-03-2021, 10:41 AM
It's a bit odd that Ross seems to suggest he doesn't want him to go on loan though rather that we are facilitating it at the request of the player.

If the player doesn't think he is fit, the manager hasn't been playing him and the player is desperate to play and go on loan then I don't get why we would have preferred to do something different.

It's probably much ado about nothing but I find the wording Ross uses strange.

Hibbyradge
27-03-2021, 10:42 AM
Your talking about Scott proving to Hibs that he can play 90 minutes while recovering, your quote there is nothing to do with that. It’s about playing games just now, but that won’t benefit us next season as hell start again in pre season anyway, and they only have 6 games left, it’s hardly game changing amounts.

Neil McCann isn’t a good manager and has previous for wrecking players, Scott could barely get a start when he was at Dundee under him - is that really going to change now when he’s barely played for a year and Inverness are scrapping?

Scott Allen knows what Neil McCann is like and he wants to play for him.

WeeRussell
27-03-2021, 10:42 AM

It would be a strange decision by your pal McCann to take him on loan if he has no intentions of using him.

jeffers
27-03-2021, 10:43 AM
Like others I get the impression Ross doesn’t really rate Allan unlike his golden boy Newell. Nor would I totally trust everything he says.

Hibbyradge
27-03-2021, 10:43 AM
It would be a strange decision by your pal McCann to take him on loan if he has no intentions of using him.

He probably should have prefaced that comment with "ideally".

MrRobot
27-03-2021, 10:44 AM
Yes and there’s probably a reason why that’s not been done again. The bedwetting from some over this is mental. Allan was playing every week after Ross came in last season and for the first month of this one so the whole thing about Ross not liking him doesn’t stand up at all.

This way he could easily get 8/9 games out of this move, get his confidence back and enjoy playing again. Then next season he’s had a full pre season as well and all of that is good for us.

Bed wetting because we want our best and most creative player kept at the club :dunno:

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2021, 10:44 AM
It’s sad that folk are using this as an excuse to bash Jack Ross.

Hibbyradge
27-03-2021, 10:46 AM
Bed wetting because we want our best and most creative player kept at the club :dunno:

Of course it's an overreaction.

The player isn't fit enough so he's taking steps to remedy that. That should be applauded, not condemned.

Kaff
27-03-2021, 10:47 AM
Neil McCann had quite a few problems at Dundee and probably most of his own making but he's maybe learnt from that?
The impression I got was that he tried to get the team playing a passing game and possibly over reached with the ability of the players available, Scott could help with that and get his spark back again?
That said he could only get game time off the bench at Dundee so it may be more of the same for him at ICT.
We'll find out soon and I'm rooting for it to be a great success

WhileTheChief..
27-03-2021, 10:47 AM
Was always going to be a difficult situation.

I felt as soon as his health issue was made public that his time as a player with us was pretty much over.

Doubt he’ll play for us again and wish him all the best whatever he does next.

B.H.F.C
27-03-2021, 10:48 AM
What do people mean by “he’s not as fit as he thinks”?

Hasn’t he said himself that he’s not quite there hence he wants out on loan (for those of us that don’t think jack ross is lying about that)?

Re the first bit, I think that’s fairly obvious. Allan has said he’s feeling good and wants to play. Ross watches him every day and possibly disagrees with that, hence the lack of game time, even from the bench. If it’s not that scenario, then the only other reason for not getting him on the pitch is that he doesn’t see a place for him in the team (even if not from the start) at the moment. Thought it became quite clear there wasn’t any intention of using him, whatever the reason.

hibbysam

Will be interesting to see how much he does play, and if he gets chucked out at left midfield again like the last time.

Jim44
If it’s going to get him much more game time, that’s fine. I’m surprised at where he’s going ( I can’t stand the club and the folk running it.) I wonder how this has come about? Did they approach us? Did we actively look for a club? :dunno:

Since452
27-03-2021, 10:49 AM

Were we not already 3-0 down? Game was done and dusted.

davhibby
27-03-2021, 10:51 AM
Like others I get the impression Ross doesn’t really rate Allan unlike his golden boy Newell. Nor would I totally trust everything he says.

If he doesn’t rate him why did he start him in the vast majority of games since he became manager until Allan had to stop playing?

lord bunberry
27-03-2021, 10:52 AM

I felt as soon as his health issue was made public that his time as a player with us was pretty much over.

There’s a lot of assumptions being made there with nothing to back it up.

Since452
27-03-2021, 10:53 AM
If Scott felt he wasn't at the required level to make an impact in the top 6 of the Premiership yet then he deserves enormous credit for pushing to go out on loan. It'll do his body and mind the world of good playing out the season at that level.

jeffers
27-03-2021, 10:53 AM
If he doesn’t rate him why did he start him in the vast majority of games since he became manager until Allan had to stop playing?

Changed his opinion ? Prefers others over him ?

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2021, 10:55 AM

Not fit enough?

keep the faith
27-03-2021, 10:56 AM

Why would you think that???

WhileTheChief..
There’s a lot of assumptions being made there with nothing to back it up.

Geez, no assumptions at all, just a gut feeling.

I’m hardly claiming to be in the know or stating anything to be a fact ffs!

jeffers
Not fit enough?

Which he’d get if Ross gave him some game time.

BlackSheep
27-03-2021, 10:57 AM
The usual knock stations on here.... the quotes from the club show it’s a positive move for both parties.

If we achieve Europe for next season the first few games will be before our preseason or at least during the preseason.... by going out on loan it allows Allan to get a head start on his fitness and match fitness... it’s a long road back after being out for so long, we have to remember that it’s not a muscle strain or ligament damage he is recovering from... it’s a heart condition, it’s not the same road back to fitness..

WhileTheChief..
27-03-2021, 10:58 AM
Why would you think that???

I just think his days as a top flight footballer are over and that we’ll see more of him in the tv studios than on the pitch.

Just Alf
27-03-2021, 10:59 AM
Will it do much for his overall fitness if he’s then going to go on holiday at the end of the season?

Surely if he’s not fit to play for us between now and the end of the season then it’ll be all about his pre-season?

I reckon he’s fit to play and unhappy not getting a game for us so has agitated for a move.I'm conflicted about it, I've been thinking he's an excellent option to have when required, but if it's not working for him (which might impact his effectiveness when used) then maybe going somewhere where things will be more 'normal'... regular training, games etc, a wee rest then hit the ground running with the rest of the team in preseason... sorted!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Greenio
I can't imagine our manager being so weak as to lie to us about this. If he didn't want to play Scott then he'd say something about having enough cover in the middle so there would be few, if any, opportunities for him to play.

Also, he wouldn't say it was Scott's "strong desire" to go on loan if it wasn't.

Clearly Scott feels he's only up to a bit part contribution in the Premiership so he wants to sharpen up at a lower level.

Just because he hasn't played him that much doesn't mean he wants to loan him out.

It makes sense in a way but it's not usual. I doubt he will be back if Ross stays. Whats the strategy? That he goes up there starts all games, plays really well and then he comes back and he's a part of Ross' starting 11 again? Nah. Can't see it. Good luck to him he deserves all the success in the world, he of all people, deserves it

BlackSheep

It’s a catch 22, he’s not fit enough to play but won’t get fitter without game time. Reads like you are looking for an excuse to point the finger.

davhibby
27-03-2021, 11:00 AM

The overwhelming evidence suggests that neither of those are the case.

Since452
27-03-2021, 11:01 AM

He's been out for months with a career threatening condition. You don't get up to top six premiership level over night especially after something like that. I like Scott but there's no way he's ready to start games at our level yet. This move will benefit both him and us.

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2021, 11:01 AM

And it would impact the team while we’re chasing our highest league position in years. That would be crazier than letting him go and get fit elsewhere.

BlackSheep
27-03-2021, 11:02 AM
Just because he hasn't played him that much doesn't mean he wants to loan him out.

It makes sense in a way but it's not usual. I doubt he will be back if Ross stays. Whats the strategy? That he goes up there starts all games, plays really well and then he comes back and he's a part of Ross' starting 11 again? Nah. Can't see it. Good luck to him he deserves all the success in the world, he of all people, deserves it

Of course that’s the strategy... why is that so far fetched!! Allan wants to be in contention for a starting place and currently feels he isn’t fit enough to be that.... like I’ve said catch 22. Going out on loan is a huge positive for all of us.... thankfully we have the luxury of having a strong enough squad to allow this to happen.

BlackSheep
27-03-2021, 11:03 AM
He's been out for months with a career threatening condition. You don't get up to top six premiership level over night especially after something like that. I like Scott but there's no way he's ready to start games at our level yet. This move will benefit both him and us.

Life threatening.... not just career threatening.... as I have pointed out in past posts.... it’s not a sporting injury he is recovering from.

jeffers
27-03-2021, 11:04 AM

I’m not suggesting he should start, but he’s an excellent option to bring on when defences are tiring. He managed to set up Nisbet for a great chance in a recent game. Ross clearly doesn’t think so.

Since452
27-03-2021, 11:05 AM
Life threatening.... not just career threatening.... as I have pointed out in past posts.... it’s not a sporting injury he is recovering from.

That is true

Greenio
27-03-2021, 11:05 AM
Of course that’s the strategy... why is that so far fetched!! Allan wants to be in contention for a starting place and currently feels he isn’t fit enough to be that.... like I’ve said catch 22. Going out on loan is a huge positive for all of us.... thankfully we have the luxury of having a strong enough squad to allow this to happen.

I can't think of it happening to a player of his level. Happy to be proven wrong if you know otherwise

Hibbyradge
27-03-2021, 11:06 AM

I used to think similarly, but the games are too important just now to use them to get players fit.

If Scott was 100% then I'd question why he wasn't being used, but I wouldn't want to risk points by weakening the midfield if he's not.

Bringing him on against St Johnstone at 3-0 made sense because the game was gone.

Our recent games have been far too tight to take risks.

Borderhibbie76
27-03-2021, 11:07 AM

It really is...some on here never waste an opportunity to bash our manager...this place reeks sometimes

Hibbyradge
27-03-2021, 11:07 AM
we have to remember that it’s not a muscle strain or ligament damage he is recovering from... it’s a heart condition, it’s not the same road back to fitness..

That's a very good point.

davhibby
27-03-2021, 11:08 AM

I’d also add to this that considering just a few months ago Allan thought he might never be able to play again, he’s maybe just desperate to play every week again?

B.H.F.C
27-03-2021, 11:09 AM

I never said it wasn’t Allan’s desire to go on loan. The complete opposite is obvious, in that it’s him that’s pushed for it because of lack of opportunity to play here. It wont be a case of Allan not thinking he can’t contribute in the Premiership for me, it’s the fact that he isn’t getting the opportunity to do so.

Irrespective of the level, he needs games to get himself up to speed. I can see why he’d want to go out. I can’t see why we wanted to keep him if it was just to fill a space on the bench (which wasn’t going to get him any fitter).

Since452
27-03-2021, 11:09 AM
I used to think similarly, but the games are too important just now to use them to get players fit.

If Scott was 100% then I'd question why he wasn't being used, but I wouldn't want to risk points by weakening the midfield if he's not.

Bringing him on against St Johnstone at 3-0 made sense because the game was gone.

Our recent games have been far too tight to take risks.

That's where I am. I'd worry bringing Scott off the bench against Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen he'd be swallowed up. It's a stretch too far for him at the moment and seems he knows that himself. Would do him and us more harm than good. He's been through hell, it will take time for him to get back to that level.

H18S NX
27-03-2021, 11:10 AM

Presented as helping Allan but to me, the manager just hasn’t wanted to play him. He was never going to get match fit without any match involvement......That was my first thought...IMO.

Hibbyradge
27-03-2021, 11:10 AM

Scott wants to go on loan.

If he gets fit, he will return and he will play. Isn't that the plan for most loaners, albeit with youngsters it's more about experience than fitness?

Borderhibbie76
27-03-2021, 11:11 AM
I’m not suggesting he should start, but he’s an excellent option to bring on when defences are tiring. He managed to set up Nisbet for a great chance in a recent game. Ross clearly doesn’t think so.

Hes not at the level required to make an impact for us in Top6 matches whats so hard to understand about that??
The games he has come on in St J at Hampden and Motherwell at home he's made very little impact and its not fair on him playing a bit part when he's trying to get his fitness levels back up...I dont get why this isn't seen as anything other than a good move for all concerned, tho I do agree id have preferred him to go to Raith or Pars rather than the Jambo love affair of ICT

Hibbyradge
27-03-2021, 11:12 AM
I can't think of it happening to a player of his level. Happy to be proven wrong if you know otherwise

Can you think of any other players, at any level, who developed a heart condition? :dunno:

jeffers
27-03-2021, 11:14 AM
And it would impact the team while we’re chasing our highest league position in years. That would be crazier than letting him go and get fit elsewhere.

As I’ve said I wouldn’t be starting him, but he’s an option to come off the bench. If you think he’s so far off it he would be a total liability coming on for the last 20 or so minutes then fair enough. I don’t.

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2021, 11:14 AM
.....That was my first thought...IMO.

Why would your first thought be to not believe the club you support?

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2021, 11:15 AM
As I’ve said I wouldn’t be starting him, but he’s an option to come off the bench. If you think he’s so far off it he would be a total liability coming on for the last 20 or so minutes then fair enough. I don’t.

He does though and that’s probably more important than what me or you think given we have no knowledge of his condition.

JohnMcM
27-03-2021, 11:16 AM
Good luck up there Scott. Get the game time you want, get back to full fitness and then get yourself back here for a European jaunt.

:flag:

Hibbyradge
27-03-2021, 11:16 AM
I never said it wasn’t Allan’s desire to go on loan. The complete opposite is obvious, in that it’s him that’s pushed for it because of lack of opportunity to play here. It wont be a case of Allan not thinking he can’t contribute in the Premiership for me, it’s the fact that he isn’t getting the opportunity to do so.

Irrespective of the level, he needs games to get himself up to speed. I can see why he’d want to go out. I can’t see why we wanted to keep him if it was just to fill a space on the bench (which wasn’t going to get him any fitter).

He's said he doesn't think he can contribute at Premiership level. I think I agree with your second paragraph. I think Ross means that ideally he'd like to keep Scott, and has wanted to use him, but he's not fit enough.

Hiber-nation
27-03-2021, 11:17 AM
Good move for all.

Totally agree with you this time :aok:

Ideally he needs to play a few games then have a good pre-season then we'll see how he is at the beginning of next season.

jeffers
27-03-2021, 11:17 AM
Hes not at the level required to make an impact for us in Top6 matches whats so hard to understand about that??
The games he has come on in St J at Hampden and Motherwell at home he's made very little impact and its not fair on him playing a bit part when he's trying to get his fitness levels back up...I dont get why this isn't seen as anything other than a good move for all concerned, tho I do agree id have preferred him to go to Raith or Pars rather than the Jambo love affair of ICT

Yet as you chose to ignore he still set up Nisbet for a great chance which he missed. What’s so hard to understand about that.

And why is everyone talking about there only being league games, are we not playing the Scottish Cup too ?

davhibby
27-03-2021, 11:18 AM

Is that not because normally there are plenty of reserve/development games where a player in Allan’s situation would have spent a while building up game time in those matches before he’d be considered ready for the first team? We’ve not been able to do that.

Keith_M
27-03-2021, 11:19 AM
I feel the same. I don’t think Jack Ross sees him as a key player for us at all.

I'll be happy for him to get game time for his match fitness, but I'm a bit worried about that as well.

I think Ross has a game plan that doesn't really allow for flair players.

davhibby
27-03-2021, 11:21 AM
I'll be happy for him to get game time for his match fitness, but I'm a bit worried about that as well.

I think Ross has a game plan that doesn't really allow for flair players.

Well someone better tell that to Jack Ross as he seemed to have space in the team for Allan before his illness

Hibbyradge
27-03-2021, 11:22 AM

I don't think he'd be a total liability, but I wouldn't want to keep a player on the bench who was only able to give me 80% for quarter of an hour or so, unless I had no other options.

What if someone gets injured early in the match?

jeffers
27-03-2021, 11:29 AM
I don't think he'd be a total liability, but I wouldn't want to keep a player on the bench who was only able to give me 80% for quarter of an hour or so, unless I had no other options.

What if someone gets injured early in the match?

He’s been training for long enough now to suggest he’s fully fit, his interview said the same, so no reason why he can’t give 100% for 15-20 minutes. Match fitness is a different matter obviously. Plus we have more scope for subs than we had in previous seasons.

I agree with Keith’s post above, not convinced Ross has a game plan that fits flair players like Scott Allan. Also feel he’d rather hold onto a point than take a risk of bringing on a player to win a game. Though I appreciate some folk will be happy with that approach.

Allez Hibs
27-03-2021, 11:31 AM
This is a baffling and incompetent decision. We are letting our best player (arguably one of the best creative midfielders in Scotland) go on loan at the most critical point of the season with the Scottish Cup on the horizon too. Decisions like this just annoy the fans.

Allez Hibs
27-03-2021, 11:33 AM

Nonsense.

04Sauzee
27-03-2021, 11:34 AM
This is a baffling and incompetent decision. We are letting our best player (arguably one of the best creative midfielders in Scotland) go on loan at the most critical point of the season with the Scottish Cup on the horizon too. Decisions like this just annoy the fans.
Some fans not all fans

flash
27-03-2021, 11:36 AM

Anything the manager does annoys some people.

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2021, 11:37 AM
Some fans not all fans

Correct. Normally a fan(atic) would support the team. Strange one this.

Northernhibee
27-03-2021, 11:38 AM
Ooh, a negative and derisory post. Unlike you.

cabbageandribs1875
27-03-2021, 11:40 AM
are their any quotes from Scott Allan

Since452
27-03-2021, 11:41 AM

He's not our best player right now though. Far from it. This isn't the Scott Allan of old. He's been through a life changing ordeal. He asked for the move because he knows he can't deliver at this level.

jeffers
27-03-2021, 11:42 AM
Correct. Normally a fan(atic) would support the team. Strange one this.

Wanting to keep one of, if not the, most talented players isn’t supporting the team ?

Heisenberg
27-03-2021, 11:43 AM

Nonsense.

Sums it up.

Northernhibee
27-03-2021, 11:43 AM
Wanting to keep one of, if not the, most talented players isn’t supporting the team ?

He’s not one of our best players at this moment in time, due to a huge lack of match fitness he’s miles down the pecking order to play. This loan will resolve that issue.

B.H.F.C
27-03-2021, 11:44 AM
He's not our best player right now though. Far from it. This isn't the Scott Allan of old. He's been through a life changing ordeal. He asked for the move because he knows he can't deliver at this level.

Unless I hear Scott Allan say that, I don’t believe it for a minute.

He asked for the move because he wanted to play, simple as that. We aren’t giving him games, the only option open to him his a loan to a lower league team at the moment.

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2021, 11:44 AM

We are keeping him?

Putting an unfit player in the team and not supporting him through recovery from a serious illness wouldn’t be a good thing though. Doubting the manager and inferring he’s lying or the club is lying is a strange thing for a fanatic to do based on no evidence.

Heckys Wheel
27-03-2021, 11:45 AM
are their any quotes from Scott Allan

Not seen any but I could take a guess at “Buzzing”. “Can’t wait to get started”. 😂

MWHIBBIES
27-03-2021, 11:45 AM

Stokes, Ambrose, Commons to Hibs?

Allez Hibs
27-03-2021, 11:46 AM
Ooh, a negative and derisory post. Unlike you.

Not sure how questioning a decision to let our best player go on loan at a critical point in the season is negative and derisory.

It makes no sense that we won't have our best player available in upcoming big games and the Scottish Cup.

Northernhibee
Not seen any but I could take a guess at “Buzzing”. “Can’t wait to get started”. 😂

“Train ticket to Inverness please”

Northernhibee
Not sure how questioning a decision to let our best player go on loan at a critical point in the season is negative and derisory.

It makes no sense that we won't have our best player available in upcoming big games and the Scottish Cup.

Right now he’s not our best player. He’s miles short of match fitness as he’s not played in months.

It’s something a six year old could understand, unless they were desperate for attention and a whine.

Greenio
27-03-2021, 11:48 AM
Can you think of any other players, at any level, who developed a heart condition? :dunno:

Not sure why that's relevant in regards to my point about not knowing an occasion when a player if his age and experience goes away to another team to get back into another one

Since452
27-03-2021, 11:49 AM
You'd think we'd just loaned Martin Boyle out and not a player who almost had to retire through a medical condition and who has not long returned to the squad. It wasn't a torn hamstring he had. Very sensible decision by Scott Allan and the club.

Greenio
27-03-2021, 11:52 AM
Is that not because normally there are plenty of reserve/development games where a player in Allan’s situation would have spent a while building up game time in those matches before he’d be considered ready for the first team? We’ve not been able to do that.

Good point. I don't know

green day

If its baffling you, read the statement -

Manager Jack Ross said, "We would have preferred to have kept Scott in the group but he expressed a strong desire to go out on loan. Currently, and understandably given the challenges he has faced during the past year he doesn’t feel fit enough to make the impact that his abilities should in the top part of the Premiership. Therefore Scott feels that strengthening his fitness and continuing his recovery in the Championship is a sensible option. We feel that it was appropriate to continue to support Scott in his recovery by sanctioning the loan move."

Sounds like a competent decision with the players best interests at the heart of it..............

jeffers
We are keeping him?

Putting an unfit player in the team and not supporting him through recovery from a serious illness wouldn’t be a good thing though. Doubting the manager and inferring he’s lying or the club is lying is a strange thing for a fanatic to do based on no evidence.

Not for the remainder of this season we are not.

So are Inverness not going to play him then ?

All managers lie, it wouldn’t be the first time Ross has. He likes to keep players onside, I get it, but I don’t believe him when he said he wanted to keep him as part of the group. He said the same about Mallan, he said he didn’t want to sell Shaw.

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2021, 11:53 AM
Right now he’s not our best player. He’s miles short of match fitness as he’s not played in months.

It’s something a six year old could understand, unless they were desperate for attention and a whine.

:agree: my 10 year old understands it.

Since452
27-03-2021, 11:55 AM
Not for the remainder of this season we are not.

So are Inverness not going to play him then ?

All managers lie, it wouldn’t be the first time Ross has. He likes to keep players onside, I get it, but I don’t believe him when he said he wanted to keep him as part of the group. He said the same about Mallan, he said he didn’t want to sell Shaw.

Seems an incredibly odd think to lie about

Greenio
27-03-2021, 11:56 AM
Stokes, Ambrose, Commons to Hibs?

None of them returned to the parent club though.which is what people are saying is going to happen.

jeffers
27-03-2021, 11:57 AM
Seems an incredibly odd think to lie about

I don’t necessarily think so. When he joined former players said it was a strength of Ross’ that he made players who were out of the picture feel involved and wanted.

MWHIBBIES
27-03-2021, 11:59 AM
None of them returned to the parent club though.which is what people are saying is going to happen.

Stokes did, he then moved on to Blackburn.

None of them were key players before a serious heart condition either. Allan will be back. He was key for Ross before injury and started games this season too.

B.H.F.C
27-03-2021, 12:00 PM
I don’t necessarily think so. When he joined former players said it was a strength of Ross’ that he made players who were out of the picture feel involved and wanted.

It’s obvious that Ross doesn’t think he can contribute at the moment or he would have been putting him on the pitch. He’s been quite clever in avoiding saying that publicly though. Managers do it all the time, as you say.

BoomtownHibees
27-03-2021, 12:02 PM
Can he come back and play in the cup final?

Zambernardi1875
Good move for Scott great idea to get fit, would’ve liked him to go to Dundee with mcpake Cummings and Adam instead

Smartie

We don’t know that though.

We saw nothing of Darren McGregor then he came in and looked every bit as good as he did before.

Scott Allan set up a decent chance for Nisbet against Motherwell and showed nice touches at Hampden - both horrible team performances to come on into.

Truth is, none of us really knows much so will read what we will into it all. I rate Scott Allan highly and whilst I can certainly understand the appeal for him to go out on loan, you can bet your bottom dollar that when we’re knocked out the Scottish cup and the inevitable meltdown ensues that his is one of the first names to be mentioned as having potentially had the ability to improve our fortunes.

Billy Whizz
27-03-2021, 12:04 PM
Can he come back and play in the cup final?

Not if he’s cup tied on Friday v Ross County
Also Premiership play offs run until after the Cup final, if Inverness were to get that far

silverhibee
27-03-2021, 12:04 PM
Not fit enough?

I do get that, and the manager thinks I can't start with Allen with important games coming up, but what happens when he rocks up to Inverness on Monday for training and McCann and coaching staff have a look at SA and go no chance of him starting games for us and by the time he gets up and running the season will be over, surely McCann hasn't guaranteed he will start with SA, that would be madness and might not go down to well in the ICT dressing room or Allens body.

We could get a point of the stickies and St Js beat the Dons next week and 3rd spot is ours, another win for us after that and we could start SA in games for us to get him match time until end of season, I'm getting the feeling that SA is down the pecking order and knows he has no chance of any game time at Hibs and even if he is getting 20-30 minutes at ICT is better than nothing as that's what players want to do, play football and not sit on the bench knowing you have no chance of getting on.

Blaster
27-03-2021, 12:05 PM
Some of the comments on here are crazy

We’re not talking about pre this season Scott Allan here. Surely he’s better getting 70 mins or so most weeks just now than 20 mins max with us. Let’s focus on getting Scott back ready for next season, something which didn’t look possible just a few months ago.

We’ve managed pretty well without him this season. Having him back fully next season will be a great boost

Greenio
27-03-2021, 12:06 PM
Stokes did, he then moved on to Blackburn.

None of them were key players before a serious heart condition either. Allan will be back. He was key for Ross before injury and started games this season too.

I hope you're right. But I don't think he'll be back

cabbageandribs1875
27-03-2021, 12:08 PM
today ICT V Arbroath

6th April Morton v ICT
10th April QofS v ICT
17th April ICT v Dundee
24th April Sparryheids v ICT
30th April ICT v Ayr

thine shall be keeping a half of one eye on reports on these games

MWHIBBIES
27-03-2021, 12:09 PM

He has a year on his deal. He will be back. If he finds his form and fitness, he'll walk into the side. If he doesn't he may leave. This loan confirms nothing either way.

Billy Whizz
27-03-2021, 12:09 PM
today ICT V Arbroath

6th April Morton v ICT
10th April QofS v ICT
17th April ICT v Dundee
24th April Sparryheids v ICT
30th April ICT v Ayr

thine shall be keeping a half of one eye on reports on these games

Friday 2nd Ross County v Inverness in the Cup, on BBC

cabbageandribs1875
27-03-2021, 12:14 PM
Friday 2nd Ross County v Inverness in the Cup, on BBC

:aok: we'll see if he's risked so soon in a heilan derby

be interesting how long he gets today, surely won't start

Hibbyradge
27-03-2021, 12:14 PM

If he doesn't come back, it'll be because he's either not been able to regain his fitness or because someone's paid us a lot of money for him.

I don't really see what difference there would be regarding his future, if he was kept on the bench at Hibs. IMO, there would be even less chance of him appearing for us next season because his match fitness would be 2 months poorer.

Anyway, I think it's a good move for all involved as does the manager and the player.

Some folk disagree with us all and that's fine. Opinions never change on the forums so not sure there's anything more to add.

Greenio
27-03-2021, 12:16 PM
He has a year on his deal. He will be back. If he finds his form and fitness, he'll walk into the side. If he doesn't he may leave. This loan confirms nothing either way.

Disagree. But hey ho. Good luck to him whatever happens. My fav Hibs player (Well, equal with Michael ONeill!)

Allant1981
27-03-2021, 12:22 PM
Some under nonsense posted today, the player has asked to go on loan to get games, if we had nothing to play for just now he might have got that at Hibs but while we are still chasing 3rd place then we can't afford to change things about that much just to give SA game time. Hopefully he gets himself match fit again and comes back ready to play at the top level again next season

Centre Hawf
A good move for Scott and us IMO. Don’t care what club he’s at and I’m sure Scott and Hibs looked at who he’s likely to go play for the most.

He has 6 games to play there not just to get fitter for pre season but also to get sharper. I think on every level this is a good move.

Lendo

You don’t speak for me. Perfectly happy with this arrangement. To make the same assumptions you have, I suspect most fans can understand and rationalise the decision.

We’ve got ourselves in to third place without Scott Allan. If he himself doesn’t feel like he’s ready to play in our remaining top six games and thinks a loan move to a lesser league will help him who are we to argue?

matty_f
27-03-2021, 12:29 PM

Manager Jack Ross said, "We would have preferred to have kept Scott in the group but he expressed a strong desire to go out on loan. Currently, and understandably given the challenges he has faced during the past year he doesn’t feel fit enough to make the impact that his abilities should in the top part of the Premiership. Therefore Scott feels that strengthening his fitness and continuing his recovery in the Championship is a sensible option. We feel that it was appropriate to continue to support Scott in his recovery by sanctioning the loan move."

Sounds like a competent decision with the players best interests at the heart of it..............

Exactly.

You’d have to have some seriously warped logic to take that statement and consider it an incompetent decision.

Scott hasn’t impacted a single game that he’s come on in, since returning to the team. If he needs games it needs to be somewhere where every point is vital to the season’s ambitions, or where his current level can have an impact.

The idea that Jack Ross can’t/won’t/doesn’t accommodate flair/attacking players expressed earlier in the thread doesn’t stand up to any kind of scrutiny either, it’s absolute bollocks.

superfurryhibby
27-03-2021, 12:33 PM
Sensible move for all concerned. Here’s hoping he finds the fitness and form he needs.

MWHIBBIES
27-03-2021, 12:37 PM
Disagree. But hey ho. Good luck to him whatever happens. My fav Hibs player (Well, equal with Michael ONeill!)

Why do you disagree, though? is it actually based on anything?

tamig
27-03-2021, 12:38 PM

It’s crazy. Some ridiculous conspiracy theories on this thread.

Greenio
27-03-2021, 12:48 PM
Why do you disagree, though? is it actually based on anything?

Yes, it's based on my opinion that Allan playing 5 games at another club isn't going to translate to him walking back into this hibs team.

Again, hope I'm wrong but that's what I think.

Hibbyradge
27-03-2021, 12:51 PM
Yes, it's based on my opinion that Allan getting match fit at another club isn't going to translate to him walking back into this hibs team.

So, it's a hunch.

Greenio
27-03-2021, 12:52 PM
So, it's a hunch.

Aye...it's all just hunches and made up *****. Isn't that why were here!!? 😂

MWHIBBIES
27-03-2021, 12:56 PM
Yes, it's based on my opinion that Allan playing 5 games at another club isn't going to translate to him walking back into this hibs team.

No, but its going to help him get playing games again. Could be 11 games with playoffs and more with cup ties. That is a huge difference for him.

EI255
27-03-2021, 01:03 PM
Hope he does well up there, however I fear his days in the top flight may be numbered. I hope I am wrong though.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Greenio
27-03-2021, 01:04 PM
No, but its going to help him get playing games again. Could be 11 games with playoffs and more with cup ties. That is a huge difference for him.

Agree playing games will help him. But, in my view, all signs are that he's away for good. Including if you read Ross' statement closely.

MWHIBBIES
27-03-2021, 01:10 PM
Aaron Ramsey is a good example of a player who was loaned out to a lower level to get games after a bad injury. Doesn't happen often but very, very little to suggest Allan isn't coming back for pre season.

Hibbyradge
27-03-2021, 01:13 PM
Agree playing games will help him. But, in my view, all signs are that he's away for good. Including if you read Ross' statement closely.

What signs?

Which part of the statement points to him being away for good?

If he leaves, it'll because he's not regained his fitness and he's no longer good enough. That will happen one day. It may already have, but the hope is that he'll return.

You're being pessimistic for no reason.

J-C
27-03-2021, 01:16 PM
I reckon Scott will be gone in the summer, I dont think Ross rates him

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2021, 01:17 PM

Is he limited to 5 games with them?

They’ve got 6 in the league plus 1 guaranteed cup game and a potential for 6 play off matches. Strange to limit him to 5.

Billy Whizz
27-03-2021, 01:17 PM
One thing with Scott away for the rest of the season, and Stephen McGinn away too, we’re only a few injuries away from having a slim bench
I’m hoping Stephen Bradley gets fit, and gets some game time soon

BlackSheep
27-03-2021, 01:18 PM
Comparisons with McGregor coming into the team and performing are far from a fair assessment of Allan.... McGergor was on the bench as our formation and starting line ups meant he wasn’t first choice... when they underperformed he got his chance and took it... nothing to do with fitness or injury, never mind a life threatening condition!

I’ll have what a lot of folk on here seems to be smoking!!

Hibbyradge
27-03-2021, 01:19 PM

What makes you say that?

He played him extensively before his condition was diagnosed. He's been on the bench and has had a few appearances since.

If he was fit enough, he'd be playing more.

BlackSheep
27-03-2021, 01:20 PM
One thing with Scott away for the rest of the season, and Stephen McGinn away too, we’re only a few injuries away from having a slim bench
I’m hoping Stephen Bradley gets fit, and gets some game time soon

I’d be worried if this happens and we didn’t look at bringing Scott back from his loan.... I would hope we have a clause in there just in case.

JimBHibees
27-03-2021, 01:20 PM

Makes complete sense. Hope he does well.

BlackSheep
27-03-2021, 01:21 PM
The pessimism of our fan base is so trying at times.

And don’t give me any of this realism rubbish!!

Billy Whizz
27-03-2021, 01:21 PM
I’d be worried if this happens and we didn’t look at bringing Scott back from his loan.... I would hope we have a clause in there just in case.

I doubt there will be any clauses in this window, but I’m not in the know😀

matty_f
27-03-2021, 01:23 PM
The pessimism of our fan base is so trying at times.

And don’t give me any of this realism rubbish!!

Exactly. Realism is very optimistic at the moment.

MWHIBBIES
27-03-2021, 01:24 PM

Allan started 20 out of 24 matches under Ross in the league before his heart condition was discovered
3 out of 4 in the cup.

Why do you think he doesn't rate him?

HH81
27-03-2021, 01:26 PM
All the best to him. Been through an awful time and hope he can get some game time.

On the bench today for them.

jeffers
27-03-2021, 01:26 PM
According to many on here we have more or less secured 3rd, we certainly won’t get second, but we can’t risk giving Scott Allan any game time ‘cos he’ll be a liability and we have lots to play for. Which is it ?

MWHIBBIES
27-03-2021, 01:28 PM
According to many on here we have more or less secured 3rd, we certainly won’t get second, but we can’t risk giving Scott Allan any game time ‘cos he’ll be a liability and we have lots to play for. Which is it ?

Do you think Jack Ross believes 3rd is secure?

Joe6-2
27-03-2021, 01:29 PM

I totally agree with this, last team we should be helping, I’m sure plenty others would have loved to have him.

jeffers
27-03-2021, 01:30 PM
Do you think Jack Ross believes 3rd is secure?

He hasn’t told me. I’d imagine he believes one more win and it probably is though.

HH81
27-03-2021, 01:31 PM

It has happened. Club and Scott think loan move is best at this time. So be it. Clearly best chance of Allan playing games is at Inverness until the summer.

Greenio
27-03-2021, 01:39 PM
What signs?

Which part of the statement points to him being away for good?

If he leaves, it'll because he's not regained his fitness and he's no longer good enough. That will happen one day. It may already have, but the hope is that he'll return.

You're being pessimistic for no reason.

The part where he makes no mention of him coming back.

It's not pessimism. I think it's the right thing to do for both parties.

Hibbyradge
27-03-2021, 01:39 PM

According to the statement, Scott Allen thinks he can't perform as is required. Whether he thinks he would be a liability or not, isn't clear. Personally, I don't think he's the player to bring on when you're hanging on to a slender lead, or a point, even when he was fully fit, never mind recovering from a lengthy lay off.

There's loads to play for because regardless of what folk on this message board type, third place isn't ours yet, and we're still in the cup.

I'd love to see Scott's name in the starting line up, but I can wait until next season when he's fully fit, rather than see a half fit version getting a few minutes now and again.

jeffers
27-03-2021, 01:50 PM
According to the statement, Scott Allen thinks he can't perform as is required. Whether he thinks he would be a liability or not, isn't clear. Personally, I don't think he's the player to bring on when you're hanging on to a slender lead, or a point, even when he was fully fit, never mind recovering from a lengthy lay off.

There's loads to play for because regardless of what folk on this message board type, third place isn't ours yet, and we're still in the cup.

I'd love to see Scott's name in the starting line up, but I can wait until next season when he's fully fit, rather than see a half fit version getting a few minutes now and again.

It’s all ifs and buts, however we could, although not mathematically, have 3rd more or less tied up after the next round of fixtures. Tbf to you, you’ve consistently been cautious regarding that.

I agree, he’s not that type of player, he is though if you are looking to get an equaliser. And the cup is exactly why I would have kept him for this season.

If I was going to put a player out on loan it would have been Magennis who has is in dire need of game time. If we needed a bit of magic to come off the bench I know who I’d be bringing on. Even a half fit Scott Allan can pick a pass few if any in our team can.

davhibby
27-03-2021, 01:56 PM
Allan started 20 out of 24 matches under Ross in the league before his heart condition was discovered
3 out of 4 in the cup.

It’s just people lining up a new excuse to have a go at Ross over the summer as there will be little other ammunition if we’ve just finished in our highest league position in years.

We’ll be seeing a lot of “JR plays terrible football, just look at how he’s trying to get rid of Allan because he doesn’t like flair players” over the next few months

Lago
:top marks
I agree, I think we have seen the last of Scott in a Hibs Jersey, shame really.

Since452
Scott Allan will be an important member of our squad next season based on how many times he's played under Ross. He's even given him time off the bench where he could once he returned. To say Ross doesn't fancy him just doesn't make sense. He even brought him on in the semi final when folk were saying it was disgusting. Seems Ross can't win with an element of our support.

WeeRussell
27-03-2021, 02:13 PM
Re the first bit, I think that’s fairly obvious. Allan has said he’s feeling good and wants to play. Ross watches him every day and possibly disagrees with that, hence the lack of game time, even from the bench. If it’s not that scenario, then the only other reason for not getting him on the pitch is that he doesn’t see a place for him in the team (even if not from the start) at the moment. Thought it became quite clear there wasn’t any intention of using him, whatever the reason.

Or it could be another reason - like the one the manager has given us.

There’s a difference between feeling good and wanting to get playing again (after an illness that was due to finish his career a few months ago) to feeling fully fit and ready to play in the Hibs first team. That’s why I didn’t think it was so obvious.

I hope the temporary move does him good and he’s back ready to kick-on next season.

SteveHFC
27-03-2021, 02:15 PM

This.

Andy74
27-03-2021, 02:24 PM
3 out of 4 in the cup.

Because it helps fit in with some folks narrative that Ross doesn’t like attacking players with any flair.

Borderhibbie76
27-03-2021, 02:25 PM

Utter nonsense.. Ross states he wanted him to stay as part of the squad...u are literally just making stuff up and ive no idea why tbh??

tamig
27-03-2021, 02:33 PM
The part where he makes no mention of him coming back.

It's not pessimism. I think it's the right thing to do for both parties.

Loans usually lead to a player returning to the club they’re contracted to. This is a move to help us having the best chance of a ready to go Scott Allan next season.

Hibbyradge
27-03-2021, 02:38 PM
It’s all ifs and buts, however we could, although not mathematically, have 3rd more or less tied up after the next round of fixtures. Tbf to you, you’ve consistently been cautious regarding that.

I agree, he’s not that type of player, he is though if you are looking to get an equaliser. And the cup is exactly why I would have kept him for this season.

If I was going to put a player out on loan it would have been Magennis who has is in dire need of game time. If we needed a bit of magic to come off the bench I know who I’d be bringing on. Even a half fit Scott Allan can pick a pass few if any in our team can.

You make a decent point, but if Scott has asked for a move, then it would have been unfair to refuse, particularly if he couldn't be guaranteed to get on the pitch.

Hopefully, he gets what he needs from the rest of the season, puts in a good shift when he's back for preseason training, and we get the very best of him next year.

To be honest, I don't think we've ever seen a fully fit Scott Allen because more often than not, he only lasted an hour or so. If the new diagnosis and treatment works, we might have an even better player on our hand come August.

Greenbeard
27-03-2021, 02:39 PM
Not if he’s cup tied on Friday v Ross County
Also Premiership play offs run until after the Cup final, if Inverness were to get that far
Presume if we get more injuries (eg Irvine, Newell on top of Murphy), we can recall him for league matches? And Cup if he doesn't take the field for ICT in a cup tie.

Billy Whizz
27-03-2021, 02:41 PM
Presume if we get more injuries (eg Irvine, Newell on top of Murphy), we can recall him for league matches? And Cup if he doesn't take the field for ICT in a cup tie.

Caley said they’ve signed until the end of the season, so the answer is no

danhibees1875
27-03-2021, 02:48 PM
Caley said they’ve signed until the end of the season, so the answer is no

I don't think that would necessarily preclude a return. He's signed on loan until the end of the season, but whether he can be recalled is a separate issue.

I think loans generally would have recall options - would seem silly not to in case you got a couple of injuries and were stuck.

I'm all for giving him as much game time as possible and if the club thinks this is the right move then I'm on board. I'm already fed up of the "we shouldn't have let Scott Allan go out on loan" comments after each game we draw/lose for the rest of this season and they've not even started yet. :greengrin

JimBHibees
27-03-2021, 02:49 PM
Is he involved for Inverness today?

Billy Whizz
27-03-2021, 02:50 PM
I don't think that would necessarily preclude a return. He's signed on loan until the end of the season, but whether he can be recalled is a separate issue.

I think loans generally would have recall options - would seem silly not to in case you got a couple of injuries and were stuck.

I'm all for giving him as much game time as possible and if the club thinks this is the right move then I'm on board. I'm already fed up of the "we shouldn't have let Scott Allan go out on loan" comments after each game we draw/lose for the rest of this season and they've not even started yet. :greengrin

The window shuts on Wednesday, so he’d need to be back by then
If he’s signed for them in the summer, we could have recalled him in January

Andy74
27-03-2021, 02:52 PM
Is he involved for Inverness today?

On the bench.

thebausburst
On the back of moving Mallan out this makes no sense to me given we struggle for creativity and goals in midfield. How about loaning out McGennis!

JimBHibees
On the bench.

:aok:

Andy74
27-03-2021, 02:53 PM
On the back of moving Mallan out this makes no sense to me given we struggle for creativity and goals in midfield. How about loaning out McGennis!

How are we clear in 3rd without having really played any of these 2 then?

thebausburst
27-03-2021, 02:58 PM
How are we clear in 3rd without having really played any of these 2 then?

Cause our rival for 3rd is a team who’ve scored 1 goal in their last 10 games and just sacked their manager due to their awful performances, next question.

blackpoolhibs
27-03-2021, 02:59 PM

No idea who Gardiner is, McCann has ruined Bain that much, he plays for Celtic? :confused:

Hopefully Scott gets 6 games for them, it is 6 more than he's going to get for us. I bow to your medical knowledge on heart conditions, i know diddly squat about Scott's condition.

Andy74
27-03-2021, 03:00 PM
Cause our rival for 3rd is a team who’ve scored 1 goal in their last 10 games and just sacked their manager due to their awful performances, next question.

That’s a stupid answer so I’ll pass on further questions.

jeffers
27-03-2021, 03:02 PM
You make a decent point, but if Scott has asked for a move, then it would have been unfair to refuse, particularly if he couldn't be guaranteed to get on the pitch.

Hopefully, he gets what he needs from the rest of the season, puts in a good shift when he's back for preseason training, and we get the very best of him next year.

To be honest, I don't think we've ever seen a fully fit Scott Allen because more often than not, he only lasted an hour or so. If the new diagnosis and treatment works, we might have an even better player on our hand come August.

Your first sentence is the crux of it for me, he’s either been told or has realised he’s not going to get game time and he clearly wants to play. He’s been consistent in that from his time at Celtic. The fact he is being allowed to go is clear to me that Ross has no intention of playing him.

I really hope you are right, I would build my team around a fit Scott Allan, I don’t believe JR will. Although posters have pointed to him previously getting regular game time, that was before we had Magennis, Murphy, Irvine, with Newell clearly a favourite. Then add in Gogic, where does Scott Allan fit in ?

I wondered when he did his recent interviews about his condition how long he’s actually been suffering from it, I don’t recall that being mentioned. So you are probably correct we may well have never seen a fully fit Scott Allan and put his tiring later in games down purely to his diabetes.

Billy Whizz
27-03-2021, 03:03 PM
No idea who Gardiner is, McCann has ruined Bain that much, he plays for Celtic? :confused:

Hopefully Scott gets 6 games for them, it is 6 more than he's going to get for us. I bow to your medical knowledge on heart conditions, i know diddly squat about Scott's condition.

If they get onto the play offs, and they get a cup run, could almost play up to 10 games

Gardiner is the ex Hearts CEO, who allegedly forgot to order the seats for their mega stand. He always was Budge’s sidekick during the lockdown League negotiations last season

Hibbyradge
27-03-2021, 03:03 PM

How many would they have scored if Scott Allan was getting a game for us?

Hibbyradge
27-03-2021, 03:14 PM
Your first sentence is the crux of it for me, he’s either been told or has realised he’s not going to get game time and he clearly wants to play. He’s been consistent in that from his time at Celtic. The fact he is being allowed to go is clear to me that Ross has no intention of playing him.

I really hope you are right, I would build my team around a fit Scott Allan, I don’t believe JR will. Although posters have pointed to him previously getting regular game time, that was before we had Magennis, Murphy, Irvine, with Newell clearly a favourite. Then add in Gogic, where does Scott Allan fit in ?

I wondered when he did his recent interviews about his condition how long he’s actually been suffering from it, I don’t recall that being mentioned. So you are probably correct we may well have never seen a fully fit Scott Allan and put his tiring later in games down purely to his diabetes.

I agree. Jack Ross had no intention of playing Scott Allan when he wasn't fully fit, apart from an occasional run from the bench if games allowed for it. I agree with that.

We are spoiled for riches in the middle, so someone will have to miss out. Whether or not that's Scott or not, we'll have to wait and see.

I like when Gothic starts and I've a lot of time for Irvine Jackson, although he may not stay, but I agree, there's going to be a bun fight for the other midfield places.

That's a good thing though.

Wheat Hound
27-03-2021, 03:16 PM
Scotty on now. Hope he does well

MWHIBBIES
27-03-2021, 03:18 PM

So, we're better than our rivals for 3rd, thats what you are saying?

blackpoolhibs
27-03-2021, 03:21 PM
Scott is playing now.

scoopyboy
27-03-2021, 03:26 PM

Wrong, we are third because we have got more points than all but two teams.

Check our points tally with other seasons and you will see our total is pretty much the norm for a third placed team come the split.

It's not Hibs problem if other teams don't score enough goals or concede too many.

blackpoolhibs
27-03-2021, 03:29 PM
Watching ICT and Scott Allan is on, he does look a bit heavy in my opinion.

danhibees1875
27-03-2021, 03:32 PM
The window shuts on Wednesday, so he’d need to be back by then
If he’s signed for them in the summer, we could have recalled him in January

Right enough! :aok:

hibbysam
27-03-2021, 04:35 PM

Bain was fortunate Hibs took a chance and gave him a route out, which then ended up with the swap deal with Allan/Murray. McCann had him frozen out at Dundee and had Allan sitting on the bench as well.

I don’t have superior knowledge other than the fact Hibs wouldn’t have him anywhere near training and games if his condition wasn’t under control, to suggest otherwise would be fairy offensive to our medical team and the experts that Scott has been seeing id imagine. He isn’t away to Inverness to prove a point to Hibs that his medication is working, he’s away as he wants games, which I don’t begrudge, I do begrudge where he is away to.

Keith_M
27-03-2021, 04:36 PM

Yeah, he has bulked up quite a bit.

CMurdoch
27-03-2021, 04:45 PM

He really needs to play competitive matches and although he was no great shakes today he has already had almost 40 minutes he wouldn't have got at Hibs.
There is no benefit in him being at Easter Road to sit on the bench next to SDG and the sub goalie with no chance of a game.
I think Scott is desperate to test his body in matches after so long out and now he can do it out of the limelight at Inverness.
IMO a good pragmatic decision from all parties to do this.

BlackSheep
27-03-2021, 05:03 PM
How many would they have scored if Scott Allan was getting a game for us?

Perfect response to such a nonsense post, made me lol.

allmodcons
27-03-2021, 05:07 PM
He really needs to play competitive matches and although he was no great shakes today he has already had almost 40 minutes he wouldn't have got at Hibs.
There is no benefit in him being at Easter Road to sit on the bench next to SDG and the sub goalie with no chance of a game.
I think Scott is desperate to test his body in matches after so long out and now he can do it out of the limelight at Inverness.
IMO a good pragmatic decision from all parties to do this.

Agree with this. He needs game time and will not get it at Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
27-03-2021, 05:12 PM
Bain was fortunate Hibs took a chance and gave him a route out, which then ended up with the swap deal with Allan/Murray. McCann had him frozen out at Dundee and had Allan sitting on the bench as well.

So he's still not ruined him has he, in fact he's aided his progress to a better club and won trophies in doing so. Surely you are not now suggesting he ruined Allan too?

I don’t have superior knowledge other than the fact Hibs wouldn’t have him anywhere near training and games if his condition wasn’t under control, to suggest otherwise would be fairy offensive to our medical team and the experts that Scott has been seeing id imagine. He isn’t away to Inverness to prove a point to Hibs that his medication is working, he’s away as he wants games, which I don’t begrudge, I do begrudge where he is away to.

Scott wanted games, i dont suppose he could pick and choose where he went, he could only go to a club who wanted him.

Hibbyradge
27-03-2021, 05:25 PM
Scott wanted games, i dont suppose he could pick and choose where he went, he could only go to a club who wanted him.

He also knows McCann so I assume he's keen to work with him again.

Hopefully he'll start pulling up trees for ICT and show us what we're missing. I have my doubts though.

jgl07
27-03-2021, 05:27 PM
Makes sense. We have 5 games left and he isn't likely to feature. Get him a few games then ready to go for pre season and Europe.
Not to mention a Cup match or more!

CMurdoch
27-03-2021, 05:34 PM

Fortunately the football club is pragmatic in it's business dealings and in this case I suspect Inverness were the only club in Scotland that wanted him and more importantly that could afford to pay a loan fee.
What should amuse some Hibs supporters is that the cash for his loan probably came from Hearts supporters.
On behalf of Hibs I would therefore like to thank Hearts supporters for paying a chunk of Scott's wages and helping with his recovery :aok:.

Liam978
27-03-2021, 05:42 PM

Hopefully he'll start pulling up trees for ICT and show us what we're missing. I have my doubts though.

Did'nt do too much when he came on, however it coincided with them taking the lead. Also it was noticeable the way he was talking the ICT players through a nervy last 10 mins.

wookie70
27-03-2021, 05:56 PM

Me too, but is a good move for him and if it is what he wants it is a win/win/win. Hope he does well but he isn't the answer for us at the moment and he is better playing to see if he can get his fitness and stamina back. I wish it had been The Pars though and he could try and chip away at Hearts Championship lead.

A Hi-Bee
27-03-2021, 06:00 PM
Did'nt do too much when he came on, however it coincided with them taking the lead. Also it was noticeable the way he was talking the ICT players through a nervy last 10 mins.

Hope he does well with them and gets some fitness back, who knows where it will take him but hope it is back with Hibs, if not then all the best to a great wee player.
:flag::flag::flag:

WeeRussell
27-03-2021, 06:00 PM

Hopefully Aberdeen can make us play well in Europe as well 👍

Hibbyradge
27-03-2021, 06:01 PM
Hopefully Aberdeen can make us play well in Europe as well 👍

👏👏👏

Northern Hibby
27-03-2021, 06:52 PM
If anybody knows Scotty tell there's a shandy for him in The Castle Tavern any Friday Saturday night, after 26th April obviously.

erin go bragh
27-03-2021, 07:43 PM
Horrible feeling that it’s the beginning of the end of his time with us .
You don’t let one of your most creative and skilful players go out on loan to get fit for the next season , when your trying to cement the most important 3rd league finish in recent memory. Not to mention maybe another Scottish cup run .

Andy74
27-03-2021, 07:48 PM
You don’t let one of your most creative and skilful players go out on loan to get fit for the next season , when your trying to cement the most important 3rd league finish in recent memory. Not to mention maybe another Scottish cup run .

Different circumstances though with his health issue.

We’ve got to this point without really using him and we have a pretty strong bench just now.

Add in that bad pitches mean we are playing in a different way at the moment.

I think as much as anything he wants to test where he is. Hopefully these games and a pre season and he will be back to being a key player.

Allez Hibs
27-03-2021, 07:49 PM

Agreed.

Northernhibee
27-03-2021, 08:25 PM

We will need to see how he is after a full pre season but the first part of your post may be true.

Like it or not, and I say this in no way placing blame on anyone’s door at all but because of his horrendous luck with this heart condition he’s not been able to play or develop for months. There’s no guarantee that after a long time out of the game or struggling to play properly that Scott Allan right now is the same Scott Allan we know and love in a footballing sense.

If he can’t play to the standard required for a team like Hibs after a good pre season then I’m sure he will move on. I’d imagine that he will be looking just to play and enjoy football after such a scare and the loan will allow him to get a bit of match fitness back, and when he returns and reintegrated himself with Hibs and has a good pre season I desperately hopes that we see the best of him again. If that’s not possible I hope he can find a club where he is appreciated as much as he is at Hibs.

Jones28
27-03-2021, 08:27 PM
I’ve got every faith in the club. SA wouldn’t be forced in to a move he wasn’t keen on. Shows how keen he is to get back to full fitness.

Centre Hawf
27-03-2021, 08:36 PM

We’ve got to this point without really using him and we have a pretty strong bench just now.

I think as much as anything he wants to test where he is. Hopefully these games and a pre season and he will be back to being a key player.

I think this is actually a massively important point. Scott was close to never playing football again, this month or two will be a huge time for him to maybe even put his mind at ease over his ability to keep playing without risking his health. He'll be able to push himself and his body again to those limits required to play at a professional level that we just couldn't afford to allow him to do so at this moment. He'll learn a lot about himself and how far he's come this year for sure and Hibs will be able to make better decisions on him once he's back for pre season with all this under his belt and the work being done.

The Modfather
27-03-2021, 08:36 PM
We will need to see how he is after a full pre season but the first part of your post may be true.

Like it or not, and I say this in no way placing blame on anyone’s door at all but because of his horrendous luck with this heart condition he’s not been able to play or develop for months. There’s no guarantee that after a long time out of the game or struggling to play properly that Scott Allan right now is the same Scott Allan we know and love in a footballing sense.

If he can’t play to the standard required for a team like Hibs after a good pre season then I’m sure he will move on. I’d imagine that he will be looking just to play and enjoy football after such a scare and the loan will allow him to get a bit of match fitness back, and when he returns and reintegrated himself with Hibs and has a good pre season I desperately hopes that we see the best of him again. If that’s not possible I hope he can find a club where he is appreciated as much as he is at Hibs.

For me, and it’s only my opinion, but in amongst everything that’s happened with Allan. Before his enforced absence, last season and the start of this season I didn’t think he looked the same player as his previous two spells. That’s not to say he was a bad player, but a bit like Mallan, while his goal involvement stats were good his impact on an overall game was nowhere as effective as those first two spells, IMO, and I began to wonder if he was an automatic starter anymore.

In mitigation, with a balanced midfield around him for the first time this spell he might well recapture his previous brilliance. However, as others have said, I can’t but help feel this is the beginning of the end as well.

Nicho87
27-03-2021, 08:49 PM
As long as he is not being forced out the club.

Scott is the type of player we should be wanting to build a team around.

Northernhibee
27-03-2021, 08:56 PM
For me, and it’s only my opinion, but in amongst everything that’s happened with Allan. Before his enforced absence, last season and the start of this season I didn’t think he looked the same player as his previous two spells. That’s not to say he was a bad player, but a bit like Mallan, while his goal involvement stats were good his impact on an overall game was nowhere as effective as those first two spells, IMO, and I began to wonder if he was an automatic starter anymore.

In mitigation, with a balanced midfield around him for the first time this spell he might well recapture his previous brilliance. However, as others have said, I can’t but help feel this is the beginning of the end as well.

I’d bloody love for him to establish himself in our first team again. Love it.

matty_f
27-03-2021, 09:41 PM

:agree:

Jim44
27-03-2021, 10:19 PM
As long as he is not being forced out the club.

Scott is the type of player we should be wanting to build a team around.

What makes you think he is being forced out the club? JR’s comments clarify the situation. The club would have preferred him to stay but he was keen to go out on loan for a better chance of getting match time. I don’t think there is anything sinister in the arrangement, unless JR is lying, which I strongly doubt.

Wilson
27-03-2021, 10:29 PM

Our most skilful and creative player has had zero impact on the field this season. He isn't getting any game time and was unlikely to. It is the beginning of the end of he stayed! As it is he has gone on loan to make something happen for himself. Good luck Scott.

jeffers
27-03-2021, 10:32 PM
What makes you think he is being forced out the club? JR’s comments clarify the situation. The club would have preferred him to stay but he was keen to go out on loan for a better chance of getting match time. I don’t think there is anything sinister in the arrangement, unless JR is lying, which I strongly doubt.

Ross says the right things. If he didn’t want him to go on loan he would still be with us. He didn’t want Mallan to go on loan either or sell Shaw if you believe him, but one is playing in Turkey the other is a Ross County player.

The Baldmans Comb
27-03-2021, 10:39 PM
Hibs should be much stronger here and refuse to let the player go out on loan.

Magennis and Wright now move up the substitute pecking order and the creative option of Allan even for just 20/30 minutes in the run in has gone.

Aberdeen away and 2 home games with Hibs dire home form and the Scottish cup means there is still plenty to play for.

Very weak management by Jack Ross.

Greenio
27-03-2021, 10:47 PM
Utter nonsense.. Ross states he wanted him to stay as part of the squad...u are literally just making stuff up and I've no idea why tbh??

Exactly, he said he 'wanted' him as part of the squad - past tense, but that's not happening, so he's away and - in my opinion (call it made up if you want)- he won't be back, as the statement makes no mention of him coming back or that being the plan in any.

Vault Boy
27-03-2021, 10:50 PM
Exactly, he said he 'wanted' him as part of the squad - past tense, but that's not happening, so he's away and - in my opinion (call it made up if you want)- he won't be back, as the statement makes no mention of him coming back or that being the plan in any.

Scott Allan states directly in his post match interview that he's at ICT to get up to fitness, in order to return to Hibs next season. The Hibs statement pretty much said the same thing.

Since452
27-03-2021, 10:52 PM
Allan will be with us next season like he has said, but if I'm wrong and he isn't, I'm willing to trust the judgement of the man who has (probably) led us to 3rd for the first time in absolute donkeys. Some folk reading way too much into what Ross said and trying to find cryptic clues when what he said was pretty clear. Scott Allan's interview should stop the crazy talk.

FilipinoHibs
27-03-2021, 11:05 PM
Actually of points

1. Does his bulking up reduce his agility and speed?

2. You break a non match fit player in matches that you
are winning easily or losing heavily. We have not had many of those situations since Scott became available.

Fergus52
27-03-2021, 11:41 PM

We're in a tight race for third with Aberdeen, can't afford to be starting players who aren't completely match sharp just to build up their fitness when there's only 5 league games left.

Greenio
28-03-2021, 03:05 AM
Scott Allan states directly in his post match interview that he's at ICT to get up to fitness, in order to return to Hibs next season. The Hibs statement pretty much said the same thing.

Just heard that, right enough Scott Allan said that his aim is to come back to Hibs at the end of the season. The Hibs statement didn't make any mention of that though. Anyway, none of us really know the truth, so we're all just speculating

Allant1981
28-03-2021, 07:18 AM
Just heard that, right enough Scott Allan said that his aim is to come back to Hibs at the end of the season. The Hibs statement didn't make any mention of that though. Anyway, none of us really know the truth, so we're all just speculating

Why would the club need to say he will be back? He is only away on loan and both parties explained why, folk read far to much into things sometimes, not everything that happens in the world needs scrutinised

Centre Hawf
28-03-2021, 07:58 AM

I feel like even before Scott's interview it was painfully obvious why we chose to loan him out. I'm usually one to not hold back in slating the club or even Jack Ross but I think some people are looking for a moan in a situation that is a fairly easy one to understand.

overdrive
28-03-2021, 08:10 AM
I actually think we should have loaned him out sooner, i.e. in January. Get half a season of games under his belt before returning next season.

Jones28
28-03-2021, 08:24 AM
Actually of points

1. Does his bulking up reduce his agility and speed?

2. You break a non match fit player in matches that you
are winning easily or losing heavily. We have not had many of those situations since Scott became available.

Re point 1: Generally yes, you’re adding weight and mass which generally means a reduction in speed - though this will be marginal in football. Use rugby players as a better illustration of that.

Greenio
28-03-2021, 08:39 AM
Why would the club need to say he will be back? He is only away on loan and both parties explained why, folk read far to much into things sometimes, not everything that happens in the world needs scrutinised

I'm merely commenting on the situation. Again, isn't that what we're here for?

Clearly, it's not a popular opinion to think he's away, but so far I've been accused of being 'pessimistic', 'making things up' and now I shouldn't be 'scrutinising' it?

I don't think he'll be back. For many reasons. If you don't agree with me that's cool!

Jeeeesus, tough crowd eh 🤣🤣🤣

Greenio
28-03-2021, 08:40 AM
I feel like even before Scott's interview it was painfully obvious why we chose to loan him out. I'm usually one to not hold back in slating the club or even Jack Ross but I think some people are looking for a moan in a situation that is a fairly easy one to understand.

What am I moaning about??

flash
28-03-2021, 08:42 AM
If he can get himself back to the level where he can heavily influence games at our level then he will be playing for Hibs.
If he can't then he will play at a level where he can make a regular and valuable contribution.
It really is that simple.

J-C
28-03-2021, 08:42 AM
I think the problem we've had this season is giving our fringe players and the ones coming back from injury game time and with Covid knocking reserve football on the head, getting bounce games has been hard. 2-3 days training every week does not allow these players to keep up to speed and it's been fairly noticeable at times when some have come off the bench and had little impact on games.

Brightside
28-03-2021, 08:43 AM
You can’t build a team around a player who has been ill for a year. Why anyone would think this isn’t a good idea is beyond me. Best chance to get him back match fit and see if he’s still capable of playing at the top level. Remember he was very close to retiring due to this illness. Small steps.

WhileTheChief..
28-03-2021, 08:46 AM
I'm merely commenting on the situation. Again, isn't that what we're here for

Clearly, it's not a popular opinion to think he's away, but so far I've been accused of being 'pessimistic', 'making things up' and now I shouldn't be 'scrutinising' it?

I don't think he'll be back. For many reasons. If you don't agree with me that's cool!

Jeeeesus, tough crowd eh 🤣🤣🤣

I completely agree with you.

It’s just not popular to say it on here but his time with us as a first team player is over.

Jim44
28-03-2021, 08:56 AM
Ross says the right things. If he didn’t want him to go on loan he would still be with us. He didn’t want Mallan to go on loan either or sell Shaw if you believe him, but one is playing in Turkey the other is a Ross County player.

So in your opinion Ross is lying?