PDA

View Full Version : Go support Man U/City

Irish_Steve
26-03-2021, 11:49 AM
https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/robbie-neilson-makes-hearts-failed-20255922

Oh dear, Robbie Replay's comment here seems to have them frothing at the mouth over on BroraBack - seeeeeeeeeetttthhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

nonshinyfinish
26-03-2021, 11:51 AM
https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/robbie-neilson-makes-hearts-failed-20255922

Oh dear, Robbie Replay's comment here seems to have them frothing at the mouth over on BroraBack - seeeeeeeeeetttthhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

When I first saw it referenced on here I couldn't believe he'd actually said that. It's the sort of line that might just about work when fans are overreacting to a bad result against Kilmarnock or something.

Hibernia&Alba
26-03-2021, 11:55 AM

How to make yourself even more unpopular after the worst result in your history :greengrin

Bostonhibby
26-03-2021, 11:56 AM
Said somewhere else, he could easily have taken a look at the Highland league and told the drones to go watch Brora Rangers if they want a team dominating the league and on a good cup run as well.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
26-03-2021, 11:59 AM
That's in the same league as "Go to the cinema if you want entertainment".

Since90+2
26-03-2021, 12:02 PM
Your average Hearts fan probably think they are bigger than Man City.

CockneyRebel
26-03-2021, 12:03 PM

Still quoting "our demotion last season" instead of "relegation.

Irish_Steve
26-03-2021, 12:05 PM

Do you think so, I don't mean that aggressively. Williamson's comment wasn't after the worst result in our history

banchoryhibs
26-03-2021, 12:06 PM
It's an unbelievably crass thing to say. They are playing in a very weak league with a team budget that dwarfs that of most premiership clubs. They have just suffered the worst result in their history.
When Lennon arrived with us he made it quite clear that our club's mentality must be to win every game.
Robbie Replay can't have a winning mentality, hope he sticks around for a few seasons yet🙂

Killiehibbie
26-03-2021, 12:06 PM
They've won the same amount of trophies as Man Utd in the last few seasons.

Onion
26-03-2021, 12:08 PM
What a mess of an interview. His grovelling to the Hearts fans is the most demeaning thing I've seen from a manager in some time.

Come on Robbie, you're doing a grand job. Show some backbone and self-pride.

Northernhibee
26-03-2021, 12:09 PM
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

I want Robbie to be Hearts manager forever. I think I prefer his press conferences to Ian Cathro's and that's saying something.

Schematics/If you remove the goalposts/it's OK/we'll have to beat them again

vs

Money Spinning Replay/if you want to win every week go Support Man Utd or Man City

Hibby70
26-03-2021, 12:17 PM
FOH pledges will plummet following that and Anne Budges statement.

Budged It.

Irish_Steve
26-03-2021, 12:20 PM
This reply is a belter - short and to the point

SpruceBringsteen
Squad Member
SpruceBringsteen
Registered Users A

1,702 posts
Location - Connecticut
Donor
Posted 1 hour ago
What team should I support if I don't want my eyes to vomit, you soporific prick?

Hibbyradge
26-03-2021, 12:23 PM
FOH pledges will plummet following that and Anne Budges statement.

Budged It.

What did Budge say?

Irish_Steve
26-03-2021, 12:25 PM
What did Budge say?

Something along the lines of reminding them that there was a global pandemic on and that they shouldn't be protesting at the Plaza - came across as very snooty

Sir David Gray
26-03-2021, 12:29 PM
What did Budge say?

“The board, management and staff fully understand and share the anger and strength of feeling being expressed by our fans following what was a totally unacceptable performance and result on Tuesday evening.

"We can only echo the comments made by Robbie Neilson after the game. He was stunned and embarrassed, as were we all, by our exit at this stage of the Scottish Cup. It was, as the manager said, completely unacceptable and fell way below the standards that we set and expect at Hearts.

“We completely respect the right of any and all of our supporters to make their voices heard and feelings known in a peaceful and law-abiding manner. However we are aware, from social media, that there is the suggestion of a fans protest at Tynecastle Park on Saturday prior to our Championship fixture with Queen of The South.

"We do not need to remind anyone that we are still in the midst of worldwide pandemic during which our focus has at all times been on ensuring the safety and security of everyone at Tynecastle. Nor do we need to remind you that it is unlawful for crowds to gather in public places due to current Covid restrictions. We must, therefore, urge all fans, in the strongest possible manner, not to congregate at Tynecastle Park on Saturday.

“Everyone associated with the Club feels let down. However the most important thing now is to bounce back. At the start of this season every single one of us agreed that, above all else, this year was about winning the Championship and getting back to where we belong. We are on the cusp of achieving that objective. Let’s not risk success now by allowing frustration and anger to knock us off course. We still have a job to finish.”

Hibby70
26-03-2021, 12:29 PM
What did Budge say?

"Wish I was a Hibby like my brother" or something along those lines.

Basically said to concentrate on promotion and to let them get on with it.

Irish_Steve
26-03-2021, 12:32 PM
What did Budge say?

Actually, when the ****** are we going to finish this stand

worcesterhibby
26-03-2021, 12:38 PM
“The board, management and staff fully understand and share the anger and strength of feeling being expressed by our fans following what was a totally unacceptable performance and result on Tuesday evening.

"We can only echo the comments made by Robbie Neilson after the game. He was stunned and embarrassed, as were we all, by our exit at this stage of the Scottish Cup. It was, as the manager said, completely unacceptable and fell way below the standards that we set and expect at Hearts.

“We completely respect the right of any and all of our supporters to make their voices heard and feelings known in a peaceful and law-abiding manner. However we are aware, from social media, that there is the suggestion of a fans protest at Tynecastle Park on Saturday prior to our Championship fixture with Queen of The South.

"We do not need to remind anyone that we are still in the midst of worldwide pandemic during which our focus has at all times been on ensuring the safety and security of everyone at Tynecastle. Nor do we need to remind you that it is unlawful for crowds to gather in public places due to current Covid restrictions. We must, therefore, urge all fans, in the strongest possible manner, not to congregate at Tynecastle Park on Saturday.

“Everyone associated with the Club feels let down. However the most important thing now is to bounce back. At the start of this season every single one of us agreed that, above all else, this year was about winning the Championship and getting back to where we belong. We are on the cusp of achieving that objective. Let’s not risk success now by allowing frustration and anger to knock us off course. We still have a job to finish.”

To be honest that as measured and sensible a statement I have ever heard Budge come out with.

matty_f
26-03-2021, 01:06 PM
ooft - that's a belter from Mr Money-Spinner. "here folks, you can't really expect us to be beating the likes of Brora Rangers, if you want those levels, off you **** to Manchester". :faf:

truehibernian
26-03-2021, 01:11 PM
ooft - that's a belter from Mr Money-Spinner. "here folks, you can't really expect us to be beating the likes of Brora Rangers, if you want those levels, off you **** to Manchester". :faf:

The Berra interview is even worse - how to alienate your fans and your own team mates in one fell swoop 😂 Turnbull and their Comms staff are having a mare this week 😂👍

neil7908
26-03-2021, 01:14 PM

That's exactly what I thought of as well. And look how it turned out for him...

worcesterhibby
26-03-2021, 01:19 PM
If they were 16 points clear in the league and people were calling for for his head because they drew with Dunfermline or Dundee..He has a point. It's incredibly rare for teams to go through a whole season without dropping points, no matter what the standard of the opposition.......but telling people to support Man City when you've just been beaten by Brora is just cringeworthy.

tamig
26-03-2021, 01:23 PM
Still quoting "our demotion last season" instead of "relegation.

Aye - that was the standout for me. They just don’t do the “R” word.

Andy74
26-03-2021, 01:26 PM
Do you think so, I don't mean that aggressively. Williamson's comment wasn't after the worst result in our history

It also wasn’t made whilst he was at Hibs but it does seem to get attributed to his time here. I think it may have been after a game at Easter Road but he was Kilmarnock manager when he said it.

tamig
26-03-2021, 01:26 PM
To be honest that as measured and sensible a statement I have ever heard Budge come out with.

Hmmm. We don’t need to remind anyone - but what the heck, we’ll remind you anyway.

Since452
26-03-2021, 01:29 PM
Never thought I'd say this but i genuinely hope Hearts win their next couple of games convincingly so he solidifies his position there. He is an atrocious manager and I'd be gutted if he was punted.

matty_f
26-03-2021, 01:37 PM
If they were 16 points clear in the league and people were calling for for his head because they drew with Dunfermline or Dundee..He has a point. It's incredibly rare for teams to go through a whole season without dropping points, no matter what the standard of the opposition.......but telling people to support Man City when you've just been beaten by Brora is just cringeworthy.

They've only taken full points from one Championship side.

Their budget is (I think) 4th highest in the country. :greengrin

Hibby Kay-Yay
26-03-2021, 01:39 PM
“There’s going to be bumps in the road. If you look at the teams that have come down, very few have come straight back up. It took Rangers two years to get up, Hibs were down for three and Dundee United were down for four years.”

Nice of him to try and paint a more glorious picture of the position Hearts are in this year by making it sound they are so much better than the teams above who took multiple years getting back into the SPL.

Comparing Apples and Pears in my opinion.

Northernhibee
26-03-2021, 01:44 PM
Never thought I'd say this but i genuinely hope Hearts win their next couple of games convincingly so he solidifies his position there. He is an atrocious manager and I'd be gutted if he was punted.

Didn't they spend £200k on a manager who had previously been driven out of the same club by their fans? :greengrin

04Sauzee
26-03-2021, 01:46 PM
I wonder if he does get replaced he will be asked to hang around and show the new boy around, he may even be asked to oversee the medical department but he'd have to work the back shift 🤔

nonshinyfinish
26-03-2021, 01:48 PM
I wonder if he does get replaced he will be asked to hang around and show the new boy around, he may even be asked to oversee the medical department but he'd have to work the back shift 🤔

PR department, shirley?

Aldo
26-03-2021, 01:48 PM
“There’s going to be bumps in the road. If you look at the teams that have come down, very few have come straight back up. It took Rangers two years to get up, Hibs were down for three and Dundee United were down for four years.”

Nice of him to try and paint a more glorious picture of the position Hearts are in this year by making it sound they are so much better than the teams above who took multiple years getting back into the SPL.

Comparing Apples and Pears in my opinion.

Wouldn’t expect anything less of them tbh!

Always looking at the subliminal dig at their rivals.

You do know they will finish top 4 next season. Robbie said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truehibernian
26-03-2021, 01:53 PM
Wouldn’t expect anything less of them tbh!

Always looking at the subliminal dig at their rivals.

You do know they will finish top 4 next season. Robbie said!

In fairness, he meant their Betfred Cup group :greengrin

jacomo
26-03-2021, 01:55 PM
What did Budge say?

Chucked the players under a bus, backed Robbie Replay, took zero personal accountability.

It was a gem.

Aldo
26-03-2021, 02:02 PM
In fairness, he meant their Betfred Cup group :greengrin

Ah right. He could have been a bit clearer!

Jonnyboy
26-03-2021, 02:03 PM
It also wasn’t made whilst he was at Hibs but it does seem to get attributed to his time here. I think it may have been after a game at Easter Road but he was Kilmarnock manager when he said it.

Exactly, Andy. In fact he was misquoted but the leaving out of one key word changed the whole context. He actually said “If you want guaranteed entertainment you should go to the pictures.”

bingo70
26-03-2021, 02:13 PM

I didn’t know that.

I missed a lot of Williamson’s time as I worked in retail at that time and worked Saturdays so most of it passed me by. I always assumed that quote was a genuine one from his time at Hibs.

truehibernian
26-03-2021, 02:23 PM
Exactly, Andy. In fact he was misquoted but the leaving out of one key word changed the whole context. He actually said “If you want guaranteed entertainment you should go to the pictures.”

...an activity I often wished I had taken his advice on during his era at Hibs JB :greengrin

In fairness to BW, he did give many of the young players their first chance. The 4-4 derby was made worse given I stayed at the time with an ex (a Jambo) who lived opposite Tynecastle and at 4-2, and when she said 'well done' I came out with the immortal words 'it's Hibs, there's always time to **** it up' :rolleyes::faf:

His time was up for me when we were soundly beaten by Dunfermline at ER and we made Craig (Brewster) and Crawford look like Toshack and Keegan and my mate Lee Bullen look like Cannevaro :greengrin

KeithTheHibby
26-03-2021, 02:25 PM
Notice how the cockwomble manages to mention Hibs again in his interview. Rent free in his caveman heid.

WhileTheChief..
26-03-2021, 02:43 PM
I didn’t know that.

I missed a lot of Williamson’s time as I worked in retail at that time and worked Saturdays so most of it passed me by. I always assumed that quote was a genuine one from his time at Hibs.

He must have said it more than once, it was directed at Hibs fans.

I met him when in Europe watching a Scotland game once. He was with 6 or 7 other SPL managers in a bar at the time and said he wished the fans at ER could cheer his team on as much as the Scotland fans did.

We all boo’d him!

Since452
26-03-2021, 02:47 PM
He should have been emptied for those words alone never mind after a defeat to Highland League butchers, bakers and candlestick makers. Hearts are in the lowest quality Championship in many a year, having started pre season months before the rest so they SHOULD be winning every game. Especially when they have players on 5/6k a week.

Irish_Steve
26-03-2021, 02:58 PM

I met him when in Europe watching a Scotland game once. He was with 6 or 7 other SPL managers in a bar at the time and said he wished the fans at ER could cheer his team on as much as the Scotland fans did.

We all boo’d him!

On my phone so not quite sure how to post a link but this is taken from the “Road Less Travelled” thread from 2017

Originally Posted by Jim44:
........... which was?
The reporter was telling Bobby that the Hibs fans were unhappy with the style of football they were watching. An irked Bobby replied "If they want guaranteed entertainment, they should go to the pictures" The reporter removed "guaranteed" from the story and the rest, as they say, is history.

Hibernia&Alba
26-03-2021, 03:03 PM
They've won the same amount of trophies as Man Utd in the last few seasons.

Nae need:grr:

WhileTheChief..
26-03-2021, 03:11 PM
On my phone so not quite sure how to post a link but this is taken from the “Road Less Travelled” thread from 2017

........... which was?
The reporter was telling Bobby that the Hibs fans were unhappy with the style of football they were watching. An irked Bobby replied "If they want guaranteed entertainment, they should go to the pictures" The reporter removed "guaranteed" from the story and the rest, as they say, is history.

Since when did going to the cinema guarantee entertainment?!

I’ve prob watched more crap films than I’ve seen crap Hibs games in my life!

jacomo
26-03-2021, 03:13 PM

We’re off topic, he was misquoted, and it’s still not as bad as Neilson’s comments, but I just don’t think this is true.

The quote comes from his time as Hibs manager.

jacomo
26-03-2021, 03:16 PM

I doubt the Hearts players agree with you.

The old adage is keep the criticism behind closed doors and present a united front in public.

Not Budge though. Blaming others is second nature to her, it seems.

Hibbyradge
26-03-2021, 03:17 PM
Since when did going to the cinema guarantee entertainment?!

I’ve prob watched more crap films than I’ve seen crap Hibs games in my life!

Maybe so, but you could keep going to see Laurel and Hardy movies.

Or Terminator 1 & 2.

Feed McGraw
26-03-2021, 03:18 PM

........... which was?
The reporter was telling Bobby that the Hibs fans were unhappy with the style of football they were watching. An irked Bobby replied "If they want guaranteed entertainment, they should go to the pictures" The reporter removed "guaranteed" from the story and the rest, as they say, is history. That quote is not right Steve, he was definitely Kilmarnock manager when he said that and there is no way he would say it twice !! Especially as he was misquoted the first time !! :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
26-03-2021, 03:19 PM
By pure coincidence, there’s an article in today’s Scotsman about it....

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/why-hibs-boss-bobby-williamsons-cinema-quip-doesnt-stand-up-in-2021-3178917

WhileTheChief..
26-03-2021, 03:20 PM
Maybe so, but you could keep going to see Laurel and Hardy movies.

Or Terminator 1 & 2.

:not worth:top marks

Would love to see some L&H movies again.

JimBHibees
26-03-2021, 03:23 PM

I don't know I have seen some poor films in my time :greengrin

Tommy75
26-03-2021, 03:24 PM
Why would you go from supporting a massive, famous, trend setting club like Hearts to a wee team from Manchester?

Billy Whizz
26-03-2021, 03:26 PM
Didn’t realise they were playing QOS at home tomorrow
Will give Hibs a chance to scout on our next round opponents, for next weeks cup game

WhileTheChief..
26-03-2021, 03:27 PM
From the Herald in 2009...

“If it’s entertainment you want, go to the cinema.” What a kicking Bobby Williamson took when he came out with that one. Here was a manager -- then in charge of Hibernian -- openly divorcing football from the entertainment industry and himself from the obligation to provide supporters with stylish, memorable play. Williamson seemed to be saying “forget style, my livelihood’s at stake, Scottish football is about cold, hard pragmatism and youse lot can like it or lump it.”

Alfred E Newman
26-03-2021, 03:29 PM
Budge is getting absolute pelters from the twats but as been pointed out by a few, if it hadn’t been for Queen Ann they would have been down the pan altogether.

JimBHibees
26-03-2021, 03:32 PM
What did he actually say as find that website unreadable?

Feed McGraw
26-03-2021, 03:41 PM
From the Herald in 2009...

“If it’s entertainment you want, go to the cinema.” What a kicking Bobby Williamson took when he came out with that one. Here was a manager -- then in charge of Hibernian -- openly divorcing football from the entertainment industry and himself from the obligation to provide supporters with stylish, memorable play. Williamson seemed to be saying “forget style, my livelihood’s at stake, Scottish football is about cold, hard pragmatism and youse lot can like it or lump it.” Sorry WTC, but I`m not having that. He was definitely at Killie. No wonder people think he was Hibs manager when the papers also say it at times - but the papers say any old mince a lot of the time.

Bostonhibby
26-03-2021, 03:43 PM
What did Budge say?"They're all laughing now, but just wait until we've finished that stand".

truehibernian
26-03-2021, 03:48 PM
"They're all laughing now, but just wait until we've finished that stand".

£22 million too............or in today's money, half a John McGinn or 22 Aaron Hickeys :aok:

Bostonhibby
26-03-2021, 03:50 PM
£22 million too............or in today's money, half a John McGinn or 22 Aaron Hickeys :aok:Aye, but has John McGinn got a guaranteed view of a school roof out his back window?[emoji16]

WhileTheChief..
26-03-2021, 03:55 PM
Sorry WTC, but I`m not having that. He was definitely at Killie. No wonder people think he was Hibs manager when the papers also say it at times - but the papers say any old mince a lot of the time.

Fair do’s, first time I’ve heard differently but you guys seem convinced.

I can’t think of a more famous quote by a Hibs manager and it turns out it wasn’t one at all!!

truehibernian
26-03-2021, 03:58 PM
Aye, but has John McGinn got a guaranteed view of a school roof out his back window?[emoji16]

Leaky roof, restrictive view seating, and cordon blue dining on the shan hybrid pitch within a tent bought fae Millets.......they are shoe-ins for the Doolan award for architecture Boston :aok::greengrin

Bostonhibby
26-03-2021, 04:00 PM
Leaky roof, restrictive view seating, and cordon blue dining on the shan hybrid pitch within a tent bought fae Millets.......they are shoe-ins for the Doolan award for architecture Boston :aok::greengrin[emoji23][emoji23]

jacomo
26-03-2021, 04:00 PM
Sorry WTC, but I`m not having that. He was definitely at Killie. No wonder people think he was Hibs manager when the papers also say it at times - but the papers say any old mince a lot of the time.

Why are you convinced he wasn’t at Hibs when he said this?

I am pretty sure he was and so are several journalists it seems.

I am willing to be corrected, but iirc the context was Hibs fans being disgruntled at the style of play. If he had said this while at Killie it would have raised alarm bells and been mentioned when he was linked with us.

I was so traumatised at Franck’s departure however that I could well have mis remembered this.

Andy74
26-03-2021, 04:02 PM
Why are you convinced he wasn’t at Hibs?

I am willing to be corrected, but iirc the context was Hibs fans being disgruntled at the style of play. If he had said this while at Killie it would have raised alarm bells and been mentioned when he was linked with us.

I was so traumatised at Franck’s departure however that I could well have mis remembered this.

It was definitely said at Killie. Problem is the papers have since been repeating it being at Hibs.

Feed McGraw
26-03-2021, 04:03 PM
Fair do’s, first time I’ve heard differently but you guys seem convinced.

I can’t think of a more famous quote by a Hibs manager and it turns out it wasn’t one at all!! It`s a well established myth and it doesn`t really matter who he was manager of I suppose, but the word " guaranteed " was left out and made it sound worse. I remember smiling when he said it, but I wouldv`e been angry if he`d said it as manager of Hibs ! :greengrin

jgl07
26-03-2021, 04:07 PM

It was definately from his days with Killie.

Mind you people have been making up quotes from Williamson about Bobby Mann ever since. That misinformation was from John Robertson.

Kato
26-03-2021, 04:37 PM

I don't know if he said it more than once, maybe.

The time he did say was after a Hibs v Killie match when he was Killie manager, so perhaps aimed at Hibs fans.

There was a long twitter thread a few years back with this discussion and someone eventually came up with an article which referred to the line and the piece was written when he was still Killie manager. So many journalists have repeated the quote and mistakenly attributed it to him whilst he was with Hibs, so it's an understandable error.

PatHead
26-03-2021, 06:52 PM
Budge is getting absolute pelters from the twats but as been pointed out by a few, if it hadn’t been for Queen Ann they would have been down the pan altogether.

She still dining out on that?

EI255
26-03-2021, 06:56 PM
He's fast becoming a legend. What an absolute pillock!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
26-03-2021, 07:04 PM
From today’s online Scotsman paper

Why Hibs boss Bobby Williamson's cinema quip doesn't stand up in 2021

Kato
26-03-2021, 07:51 PM
She still dining out on that?

So is the memory of Wallace Mercer, so is Vladimir Romanov. The Pieman, ironically, isn't.

They are the biggest rubes in town.

Feed McGraw
26-03-2021, 07:53 PM
From today’s online Scotsman paper

Why Hibs boss Bobby Williamson's cinema quip doesn't stand up in 2021 Strange article, " Hibs Boss " ? - what do they mean by that headline in 2021? Surely ex Hibs boss ! End of the day he was Killie boss when he said that, if that is what they mean,NOT Hibs boss.

Pretty Boy
26-03-2021, 08:49 PM
It must be pretty hard to hold your tongue as a football manger sometimes. Folk that have no idea how to do your job telling you how wrong you are and a guy who's career highlight was 3 appearances in the East of Scotland league and a 15 goal season in the churches league pontificating about levels.

However playing the media game is part and parcel of the job. When managers start slaughtering players in public it rarely ends well. When they start having digs at fans they would be as well packing their bags there and then. We saw it with Heckingbottom and his snide comment when he subbed Scott Allan. The fans reaction was OTT that day but a shrewd manager handles that better. As it was he lost a lot of the lingering support he had left. Neilson coming out with something like he did, however it may have been met, this week of all weeks was beyond stupid.

He's done there now. Any slim chance he had of recovering is gone.

jacomo
26-03-2021, 09:57 PM
It must be pretty hard to hold your tongue as a football manger sometimes. Folk that have no idea how to do your job telling you how wrong you are and a guy who's career highlight was 3 appearances in the East of Scotland league and a 15 goal season in the churches league pontificating about levels.

However playing the media game is part and parcel of the job. When managers start slaughtering players in public it rarely ends well. When they start having digs at fans they would be as well packing their bags there and then. We saw it with Heckingbottom and his snide comment when he subbed Scott Allan. The fans reaction was OTT that day but a shrewd manager handles that better. As it was he lost a lot of the lingering support he had left. Neilson coming out with something like he did, however it may have been met, this week of all weeks was beyond stupid.

He's done there now. Any slim chance he had of recovering is gone.

:agree:

It’s a huge part of the job.

The manager is de facto spokesman for the club, and sets the tone and expectations - for players and fans.

The players now know neither the manager nor owner has their back. Of course it might get a reaction from them, but I doubt it.

Iggy Pope
26-03-2021, 09:58 PM
Leaky roof, restrictive view seating, and cordon blue dining on the shan hybrid pitch within a tent bought fae Millets.......they are shoe-ins for the Doolan award for architecture Boston :aok::greengrin

I see what you did there :greengrin

wookie70
26-03-2021, 10:02 PM

That is what The Thes should have put out. Very unusual for her to actually make a statement that isn't laughable

The Baldmans Comb
26-03-2021, 11:28 PM
Bobby Williamson cinema quote was definitely at Kilmarnock and I saw a subsequent interview with him by now when he was at Hibs defending his interpretation and saying he was quoted out of context. Aye right.😂

truehibernian
26-03-2021, 11:56 PM
I see what you did there :greengrin

They were chateauneuf du papped oot the cup :greengrin:aok:

I'm just hoping Hibs Announcer plays the Hollies at the next derby Iggy :agree:................he ain't heavy, he's my Brora :aok:

147lothian
27-03-2021, 01:10 AM
I was thinking the announcer was going to play the Kinks at the next Derby,

"They went up from Gorgie in the Scottish cup they thought it was an easy night but they ****ed it up against Brora, ha ha ha ha Brora. They can hide all they want under the 5 - 1 blankets but they got embarrassed up in the highlands by Brora, ha ha ha ha Brora, Brora now I knew from the start that the hearts were *****, but I see they didn't think they would lose tonight against Brora ha ha ha ha Brora, Berra might have got the equalizer but you still got rammed right up the ****ter from Brora ha ha ha ha Brora "

#2 Double Tap
27-03-2021, 02:08 AM

"They went up from Gorgie in the Scottish cup they thought it was an easy night but they ****ed it up against Brora, ha ha ha ha Brora. They can hide all they want under the 5 - 1 blankets but they got embarrassed up in the highlands by Brora, ha ha ha ha Brora, Brora now I knew from the start that the hearts were *****, but I see they didn't think they would lose tonight against Brora ha ha ha ha Brora, Berra might have got the equalizer but you still got rammed right up the ****ter from Brora ha ha ha ha Brora "

wtf is going on here.....:thumbsup:top posting, pure confusion but got me haha'in at the ****bos.

AltheHibby
27-03-2021, 08:19 AM

Brilliant. I had to go watch the Kinks on YouTube after reading that.

Hibbyradge
27-03-2021, 08:28 AM
Brilliant. I had to go watch the Kinks on YouTube after reading that.

Which track is it?

AltheHibby
27-03-2021, 08:35 AM
Which track is it?

Lola.

Keith_M
27-03-2021, 08:35 AM

I'm 100% certain he said it when he was still at Kilmarnock, after a game at Easter Road where his side played like a McIness style Aberdeen..

Hibbyradge
27-03-2021, 08:38 AM
Lola.

Of course 😂

wallpaperman
27-03-2021, 11:14 AM
Quite a funny thread on kickback relating to being suggested they support the Manchester clubs, well about as funny as they get, but not too bad.

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/192012-manchester-kickback/

Bostonhibby
27-03-2021, 11:31 AM
Quite a funny thread on kickback relating to being suggested they support the Manchester clubs, well about as funny as they get, but not too bad.

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/192012-manchester-kickback/Not bad actually, a bit disappointed they're not all clubbing together to pay for the Manchester clubs tv service though like when they saved their pals at Inverness.

I doubt United or City owners will have a clue of the enormity of the effect of the maroon pound or the maroon pounders.

147lothian
27-03-2021, 11:55 AM
"Now I'm not dumb but I don't understand, why Robbie's walked like a woman but talked like a man since Brora, Ha-ha-ha-ha Brora, ha-ha-ha-ha Brora".

#2 Double Tap
27-03-2021, 01:16 PM
"Now I'm not dumb but I don't understand, why Robbie's walked like a woman but talked like a man since Brora, Ha-ha-ha-ha Brora, ha-ha-ha-ha Brora".

ahh that wee bit ohh clarity!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWUC2-ypnDQ

soupy
27-03-2021, 05:42 PM
It was definitely said at Killie. Problem is the papers have since been repeating it being at Hibs.

100% at Killie you're correct, when he was unveiled at Easter Road as manager at Hibs, I was down at the main stand and I mentioned to him I didn't want to go to the cinema for my entertainment 😁 his reply
was don't believe everything you read in the papers.

I reminded him I'd heard him say it on Sportsound 😁

Northernhibee
27-03-2021, 08:58 PM
His interview today is an absolute belter. “We should be happy”.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56552027

Irish_Steve
27-03-2021, 09:07 PM
wtf is going on with the small "t" in their posters, NEILSON AND BUDGE OUt

Couldn't they afford a capital T??

Hibby70
27-03-2021, 09:23 PM
wtf is going on with the small "t" in their posters, NEILSON AND BUDGE OUt

Couldn't they afford a capital T??

They are now the wee t-eam

linlithgowhibbie
28-03-2021, 10:00 AM
They are now the wee t-eam

:not worth:aok::thumbsup:

The Modfather
28-03-2021, 10:12 AM
His interview today is an absolute belter. “We should be happy”.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56552027

To play devils advocate, are there parallels to the age old Jack Ross debate? Clearly Hearts are a shambles and we’re building the foundations to hopefully consistently compete for third and 4th. However Hearts have made a cup final, beating us on the way, and strolling their league. Despite the two cup exits, and style of football, is that not a good season on paper?

I’m of course being a bit flippant here as Hearts are stumbling along and probably getting worse both on and off the field. I also think some of the criticisms of Ross are valid, but his recruitment is good and I can see the foundations he’s building and 3rd will be a good achievement.

brog
28-03-2021, 10:22 AM
[QUOTE=Pretty Boy;6508414]It must be pretty hard to hold your tongue as a football manger sometimes. Folk that have no idea how to do your job telling you how wrong you are and a guy who's career highlight was 3 appearances in the East of Scotland league and a 15 goal season in the churches league pontificating about levels.

Oy!! No need to be personal!! :greengrin

jacomo
28-03-2021, 10:29 AM
To play devils advocate, are there parallels to the age old Jack Ross debate? Clearly Hearts are a shambles and we’re building the foundations to hopefully consistently compete for third and 4th. However Hearts have made a cup final, beating us on the way, and strolling their league. Despite the two cup exits, and style of football, is that not a good season on paper?

I’m of course being a bit flippant here as Hearts are stumbling along and probably getting worse both on and off the field. I also think some of the criticisms of Ross are valid, but his recruitment is good and I can see the foundations he’s building and 3rd will be a good achievement.

Not really, because Hearts fans have genuine reasons to be angry.

Budge successfully diverted that anger away from herself last year and got them to moan about how UNFAIR it all was instead, but maybe even the Jambos are realising that chronic mismanagement of their club is the problem?

Our situation is more akin to Aberdeen’s.

If Hibs fans want to grumble about the poor style of play after we have achieved top 4 league finishes for five years in a row, fair enough. Let’s just get those results first eh?

Northernhibee
28-03-2021, 11:16 AM
To play devils advocate, are there parallels to the age old Jack Ross debate?

No, we're third, several points clear in third at that and are on the up. Some have decided that because he doesn't rant and rave and have square goes at people like "Lenny" :rolleyes: he's not "passionate" enough and want to put the boot in as much as possible.

Hearts are ***** and are getting pumped by the likes of Alloa, QOTS, Brora Rangers, the cast of the Tellytubbies and a tube of Smarties.

Fisherrow Harp
28-03-2021, 12:13 PM
The important thing was to try and turn it around quickly. We have in a number of areas but you’ve seen tonight that there’s still a weakness.”'
The man is a shameless imposter. It's lines like this - when all Hearts fans can see Neilson has actually managed to take us backwards - that is so infuriating. If he had any spine, or any love for the club at all, he'd resign today. Another Levein - an incompetent idiot interested only in himself and lining his pockets.
Budge has in five years managed to take us to a worse position than when she took over - and her continual bad appointments and refusla to admit her many, many mistakes are the reason for that.
Whoever Newell was in Newell & Budge must have been a business genius, because Budge isn't fit to be in charge of a pub team (though even a pub team would probably beat this Hearts team)

Awww ya dancer!

Eyrie
28-03-2021, 02:50 PM

Reaching the cup final involved playing one game (a derby) this season and strolling their league is against teams each of whom's entire wages budget is less than Naismith alone is on.

So nice try at offering a devil's advocate view but it's hard when you've got nothing to work with.

28-03-2021, 03:28 PM
Not really, because Hearts fans have genuine reasons to be angry.

Budge successfully diverted that anger away from herself last year and got them to moan about how UNFAIR it all was instead, but maybe even the Jambos are realising that chronic mismanagement of their club is the problem?

Our situation is more akin to Aberdeen’s.

If Hibs fans want to grumble about the poor style of play after we have achieved top 4 league finishes for five years in a row, fair enough. Let’s just get those results first eh?

Correct. Their omnishambles was what had them in last place however the fans were easily manipulated into diverting their anger towards Doncaster. The league being called early was actually a godsend for Budge as the chances were they weren't going to get off the bottom so it gave Budge a scapegoat.

cabbageandribs1875
28-03-2021, 03:44 PM
awk at least Robbie knows he will still have job security if he's emptied by the Budge, BBC Heartzound awaits

I'm Spartacus
28-03-2021, 10:53 PM
She wont get rid, she'll have to pony up on the contract, pay somebody else, they'll still win the league and are still out the cups. The only thing that could change her mind is if the DD's plummet - although her DD's have already hit the floor :)

Her recruitment from day 1 has been top notch! I can't see that changing, watch her appoint Shelly Kerr.

jacomo
29-03-2021, 09:16 AM
Correct. Their omnishambles was what had them in last place however the fans were easily manipulated into diverting their anger towards Doncaster. The league being called early was actually a godsend for Budge as the chances were they weren't going to get off the bottom so it gave Budge a scapegoat.

I’d like to withdraw my earlier comment about Jambos waking up to the awful mess their club is in. They are angry but remain utterly clueless.

Even if they somehow force Budge out this year they will remain a shambles.