PDA

View Full Version : Scotland Penalty Claim.

kaimendhibs
25-03-2021, 11:11 PM
Sorry if I missed this being mentioned, was working and just watched the highlights.
Can anyone give me a valid reason why that wasnt a penalty for the rugby tackle on Christie.
Ref and Lino looking straight at it.
Cheats?
Or totally useless?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

mim
25-03-2021, 11:56 PM
Blind, I would suggest

WeeRussell
26-03-2021, 02:00 AM
He was generally quite lenient on ‘fouls’ throughout the first half in particular (occasionally going radge and getting a yellow out).

But nope, even allowing for leniency, I can’t fathom how a penalty was not given for that. Especially given he judged there to be a foul on Tierney when disallowing what seemed like a good goal to them.

JimBHibees
26-03-2021, 06:22 AM
Sorry if I missed this being mentioned, was working and just watched the highlights.
Can anyone give me a valid reason why that wasnt a penalty for the rugby tackle on Christie.
Ref and Lino looking straight at it.
Cheats?
Or totally useless?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Staggering decision especially how long the foul lasted for with the two arms round him and how blatant it was.

green day
26-03-2021, 06:36 AM
I thought the ref was poor - he was booking for fun early in the first half and made a rod for his own back. Also booked someone (christie?) for complaining after a poor tackle on SJM went unpunished then a benign one was given against us.

He was like Sunday league standard, tbh.

Oh, it was deffo a penalty.

lord bunberry
26-03-2021, 06:46 AM
It was a staggering decision. It’s as clear a penalty as you’re ever likely to see.

mcohibs
26-03-2021, 06:53 AM
I thought the ref was poor - he was booking for fun early in the first half and made a rod for his own back. Also booked someone (christie?) for complaining after a poor tackle on SJM went unpunished then a benign one was given against us.

To be fair I thought all of our bookings were daft and easily avoidable. Hanley with a first half challenge in a nothing area of the pitch, Christie for dissent and Dykes for petulantly not keeping his distance at a free kick. Silly things to get booked for when only to yellows mean a suspension in qualifiers

Killiehibbie
26-03-2021, 06:59 AM
We don't have a monopoly on useless referees.
He should be sent back to his other job

McD
26-03-2021, 07:30 AM

:agree:

gave a lot of soft fouls for them, but waved off several for Scotland, particularly the first half hour.

probably evened out not giving the penalty when he chalked off their goal for very little contact on tierney

Alfiembra
26-03-2021, 07:32 AM
We’d have missed it anyway.

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2021, 08:26 AM
Should have got the Icelandic guys in for the game.

blackpoolhibs
26-03-2021, 11:56 AM
Should have got the Icelandic guys in for the game.

And if they are as bad, the Maltese.

green with envy
26-03-2021, 12:18 PM

On the basis that we scored 5 from 5 to qualify for the Euros?🙈

hibbytam
26-03-2021, 12:52 PM
On the basis that we scored 5 from 5 to qualify for the Euros?🙈

10 from 10 isn't it?

Sammy7nil
26-03-2021, 01:07 PM

Not missed a penalty for ages did you miss the shoot out :greengrin

JimBHibees
26-03-2021, 03:45 PM
Not missed a penalty for ages did you miss the shoot out :greengrin

Shoot outs plural :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2021, 10:05 PM
And if they are as bad, the Maltese.

😂 aye or them

green with envy
27-03-2021, 01:11 AM
10 from 10 isn't it?

If this isn't a pedantic reply, I'm sure you get my just.