PDA

View Full Version : Paul Henderson

Garymcl
24-03-2021, 06:22 PM
Just read about this guy and his journey through the traumas of the the COVID pandemic and what he went through like many others happens to be a hibby from the borders very moving

Power
24-03-2021, 06:45 PM
Just read about this guy and his journey through the traumas of the the COVID pandemic and what he went through like many others happens to be a hibby from the borders very moving

A great example of perseverance.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/man-who-contracted-covid-edinburgh-20246317

Iggy Pope
24-03-2021, 08:12 PM
I know Paul and his late brother Shaun was in my class at school, tragically killed a few years back. Losing his mum too, he’s been through it. He and his brother Rab are great Hibbies. Shocked at the story but glad he is getting through it.

MartinfaePorty
24-03-2021, 09:48 PM
He's my cousin and we were all very worried for him and delighted when he pulled through. Apparently the first thing his brother said to him when he came out of the coma was 'the Hearts have been relegated!' [emoji16]

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

hughio
25-03-2021, 10:05 AM
A great example of perseverance.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/man-who-contracted-covid-edinburgh-20246317

NHS:not worth

147lothian
25-03-2021, 10:29 AM
Is this the guy who was in a scooter club and big into his Northern Soul in the 80's/90s and used to be always be on the East Terrace back then? If it is my heart goes out to him because he is such a nice guy or is that a different Paul Henderson?

StevieC
25-03-2021, 10:31 AM
Paul is a good friend, and what he went through was horrendous.
He’s a fighter though.

As an aside, the last time he was on TV he was getting interviewed on his views about the Mercer takeover.. “DISGRACEFUL!” Q: Are you going to go to a new club? “NO DANGER! NO DANGER!!”

https://youtu.be/E7zTflVwZG4

1m25s

bigwheel
25-03-2021, 10:42 AM
Is this the guy who was in a scooter club and big into his Northern Soul in the 80's/90s and used to be always be on the East Terrace back then? If it is my heart goes out to him because he is such a nice guy or is that a different Paul Henderson?

Same guy ....

Aubenas
26-03-2021, 11:19 AM
I know Paul and his late brother Shaun was in my class at school, tragically killed a few years back. Losing his mum too, he’s been through it. He and his brother Rab are great Hibbies. Shocked at the story but glad he is getting through it.

Taught Paul and Shaun at school. Great lads and a great family. Have faced some big challenges with fortitude and love.
Warm thoughts with them as they move forward. [emoji172]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

147lothian
26-03-2021, 11:47 AM
Same guy ....

Cheers bud, their are probably a lot of people who know him a lot better than me, one thing that I remember about him though is when the evening news had 6 people giving their opinion, the subject was Paul Gasgoine pretending to play the flute after scoring an away goal in Europe, god knows how many years ago that was now, Paul gave his opinion and from memory he didn't hold back, great guy.

Iggy Pope
26-03-2021, 04:33 PM
Taught Paul and Shaun at school. Great lads and a great family. Have faced some big challenges with fortitude and love.
Warm thoughts with them as they move forward. [emoji172]

And very well taught too.:wink: Shaun and Paul both attended St Pats prior to that Mr McP. I think about Shaun a lot.

Iggy Pope
26-03-2021, 04:35 PM

Same fellah and his older brother shared the same passion.

Aubenas
26-03-2021, 04:53 PM
And very well taught too.:wink: Shaun and Paul both attended St Pats prior to that Mr McP. I think about Shaun a lot.

Aye. Ye would never forget that cheeky grin!! [emoji120]

Eireann
28-03-2021, 06:08 PM

I’m Shaun and Paul’s niece (went to st Tams too). Paul is not on Hibs.net but I will pass on the nice wishes.

Aubenas
28-03-2021, 06:13 PM
I’m Shaun and Paul’s niece (went to st Tams too). Paul is not on Hibs.net but I will pass on the nice wishes.

Cheers Eireann! Thank you [emoji172]

Heckys Wheel
28-03-2021, 06:16 PM
That’s a tough read. Makes you think twice about the whole thing and in the context of following Hibs and getting back into the stadium, maybe not as urgent as we might think.

Iggy Pope
29-03-2021, 06:05 PM

By process of brotherly elimination, best wishes to your dad! :greengrin (hope I’ve got that right)

Bishop Hibee
29-03-2021, 07:36 PM
By process of brotherly elimination, best wishes to your dad! :greengrin (hope I’ve got that right)

You are. I’m Paul’s cousin too. There’s loads of us!