PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite moment (so far!) of the Hearts Banter Years

Pages : [1] 2

Northernhibee
24-03-2021, 08:05 AM
So, so many to choose from. We may have been relegated, we may have been pumped in a cup final by our city rivals but no team has given such sustained glee and joy to the world as HMFC in these last few years. May we be forever grateful to Budge, Levein, Your Daniel and also Robbie Replay for giving us some cheer in these difficult times.

Just realised - I left out Ian Cathro! How could I manage that?

Booked4Being-Ugly
24-03-2021, 08:16 AM
Too many crackers to choose from.

Thank god for Hearts, they've fair cheered me up this week.

:jamboclow

Keith_M
24-03-2021, 08:26 AM
Can we add the game against St Mirren last season, where some twat from Jambos Kickback predicted a win, then the league being finished early, with St Mirren being demoted as a result?

That went well.

hibsbollah
24-03-2021, 08:28 AM
There were a few moments on the Romanov years when everything had gone pure Salvador Dali. There was the magic sticks period, some sort of Eastern European psychic witch doctor character (Ravi? Yani?)

flash
24-03-2021, 08:29 AM
Nothing will ever beat Natural Order.

Hibernian Verse
24-03-2021, 08:30 AM
Whilst last night is the worst result of the lot, I'm not sure anything will beat Obika and the events that unfolded as they tried to scrape their way to reconstruction.

WhileTheChief..
24-03-2021, 08:32 AM
Can we make multiple selection or have an 'all of the above' option please :greengrin

This is a truly joyous time to be a Hibs fan laughing at them.

They have been getting worse and worse with every minute Budge is at the helm and it will only continue once FOH takes over.

They will soon be an established Championship side.

WhileTheChief..
24-03-2021, 08:35 AM
So, so many to choose from. We may have been relegated, we may have been pumped in a cup final by our city rivals but no team has given such sustained glee and joy to the world as HMFC in these last few years. May we be forever grateful to Budge, Levein, Your Daniel and also Robbie Replay for giving us some cheer in these difficult times.

You could have made the list sooooooooooo much longer!!!

Brilliant thread.

Each one of those listed deserves a thread of its own so to have all these sweet memories together is fantastic.

Natural Order is my fav Hibs related one but the St Mirren game last year was pure gold.

jacomo
24-03-2021, 08:37 AM
Can we make multiple selection or have an 'all of the above' option please :greengrin

This is a truly joyous time to be a Hibs fan laughing at them.

They have been getting worse and worse with every minute Budge is at the helm and it will only continue once FOH takes over.

They will soon be an established Championship side.

That’s harsh. More like a classic yo yo club... very decent in the 2nd tier but the top flight often proves too much for them.

Jones28
24-03-2021, 08:50 AM
There were a few moments on the Romanov years when everything had gone pure Salvador Dali. There was the magic sticks period, some sort of Eastern European psychic witch doctor character (Ravi? Yani?)

Don't forget their training methods, which IIRC were something akin to WW2-era army boot-camp training.

Jones28
24-03-2021, 08:51 AM
The Natural Order derby was the peak until last night.

Since90+2
24-03-2021, 08:52 AM
I especially liked when they claimed "Hearts privilege" was a thing and the fact they are such a massive club means they wouldn't be relegated.

That worked out well.

Jones28
24-03-2021, 08:57 AM
Someone on 1leagueback compared Anne Budge to Rod Petrie; they seem to be forgetting that for some of the failings under RP on the pitch, off it we were in exceptionally healthy shape off it, and the successor (which he would have helped appoint) was Leeanne Dempster!

Since452
24-03-2021, 08:58 AM
It's really difficult to chose. Winning the "we tried really hard" trophy up there too.

Since452
24-03-2021, 09:01 AM
Disappointed that Hearts players "high-fiving" supporters when they were beating 9 man ICT in injury time and somehow got beat in the League Cup semi isn't listed.

nonshinyfinish
24-03-2021, 09:04 AM
Can we add the game against St Mirren last season, where some twat from Jambos Kickback predicted a win, then the league being finished early, with St Mirren being demoted as a result?

That went well.

That's covered by 'Obika'.

FilipinoHibs
24-03-2021, 09:05 AM
The massive new stadium and champions league football. Now they are scraping draws with Arbroath and getting pumped by Highland League teams.

WhileTheChief..
24-03-2021, 09:08 AM
Disappointed that Hearts players "high-fiving" supporters when they were beating 9 man ICT in injury time and somehow got beat in the League Cup semi isn't listed.

:top marks:top marks:top marks

Ya belter. Well remembered!!!!!

surreyhibbie
24-03-2021, 09:09 AM
All of the above .. :greengrin

mal
24-03-2021, 09:10 AM
Vlad's statements. Sponsored by Wonga. What the beautiful people are wearing...

The list is endless.

Keith_M
24-03-2021, 09:13 AM
That's covered by 'Obika'.

Oops!

Superfurry72
24-03-2021, 09:16 AM
It's a tough choice, but I think I'd have to go for the 2-2 cup game. Particularly as they'd 'ended us as a club' four years before. Then they helped hand us the Holy Grail. You couldn't make it up.

Bostonhibby
24-03-2021, 09:23 AM
I still like them having a castle view lounge that is deficient to the tune of one complete castle view, alfresco press area, no actual directors box, the excitement generated by the escalator to nowhere and their discovery of the potato based food product known as chips and the fanfare that followed.

Allisbarry getting the decimal point in the wrong place when he was quoting the many millions that were kicking about just before their administration.

The plum kicking the Russian hat which was actually a cossack hat that proved to be the extent of their protest to Romanov destroying their club.

Their never ending share issue on the journey to fan ownership.

Then there's Brora against big spending Hearts.

I could go on.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

mutley
24-03-2021, 09:37 AM
I wish I could choose all of them, but last night was the perfect icing on the cake

LancsHibs
24-03-2021, 09:41 AM
Still has to be 0-7.

Oscar T Grouch
24-03-2021, 09:42 AM
Opened the BBC Sports app this morning, usually never a Scottish story one the front page but there was Brora's victory over them. for that alone I voted for the result last night.:greengrin

Diclonius
24-03-2021, 09:43 AM
Never going to be anything other than 2-2. My favourite game outside the cup final.

Garymcl
24-03-2021, 09:47 AM
There are so many to choose from over the years but for me it’s down to two either the jambos I know raving about their mew mega stand coming up which in there words “so big and would pay for itself when filled with supporters (not true)each week through hospitality etc only to still have a (1) lower capacity than the leith San Siro (2) go well over budget and still not finished but finally (3) forgetting to order the seats :greengrin the second one which is my personal favorite searching for new manager taking six to seven weeks and household names in the management world being mentioned (myself and other hibbys fearing the outcome who they were going to get in) they announce potter !!!!! :greengrin:greengrin Absolutely literally fell down roaring with laughter in the house whilst hearing it on sky sports priceless !!

heid the baw
24-03-2021, 09:48 AM
When Sparky took that free kick at ER that went about 3 foot over MacDonald's line but got disallowed, and then got one from a similar range at Tynecastle in the next game.
Pick that oot

hibsbollah
24-03-2021, 09:51 AM
At least Two World Cup winners will be arriving shortly, anyone remember that? :faf:

GreenCastle
The mighty Livi also beat them 5-0 which was a hilarious watch.

Not on the pitch but the new stand and forgetting to order seats - building the stand with the restricted view police box was pretty hilarious. Plus the new stand still isn’t even finished and way over budget !!£20 million for a single tiered stand which isn’t finished and they didn’t even make the pitch bigger.

Northernhibee
How could I forget "Now that's what I call a planning application!" and "Yes, there will be chips!"?

cocteautwin
24-03-2021, 09:57 AM
That moment when you press “=“ on the calculator and realise that this time round they’ve spent an extra £35m of Fans/Budge/Anderson’s money to get where they are this morning.

Crunchie
24-03-2021, 10:03 AM

It's always the last one for me, so last night's wins :agree:

Mick O'Rourke
24-03-2021, 10:08 AM
Some very good options on the poll.
Only one winner really, isn't there ?

The "10 minutes to go" game ranks with any win/draw at Tynecastle ,purely because of its significance and eventual outcome ,not just in the replay, but that day in May.
The mere mention of that game to a Jambo pal usually results in a falling out for some.
Nae banter tolerated regarding that game.
Although last night could top that ..maybe !
It was always going to take some time for Jambos to get over us winning the cup and their part in that .
Now this highland fling !
After last night ,Budge and co may be thankful that fans cannot yet attend games.

Dire times for the not so noisy neighbours

Northernhibee
24-03-2021, 11:25 AM
Bugger, also missed spending a cool million on a state of the art hybrid pitch, holding a free concert on that state of the art hybrid pitch and ruining that state of the art hybrid pitch before a ball was kicked.

24-03-2021, 11:36 AM
- The Rangers, Hearts and Inverness cabal conspiring to get null & void, backed up (eventually) by the smokeless gun dossier.

- Budge's reconstruction to be done & dusted in 4 weeks (seems to now have conveniently dropped to the bottom of their priority list despite the reason being for the benefit of Scottish football and nothing else).

- Arbitration: Jambos expecting to get millions in compensation and ending up with just the hefty legal fees.

- Bribery & Corruption (allegedly) - Budge dangling James Anderson's generous "unconditional" donation as a carrot in front of Neil Doncaster to get what she wanted and what she got in return was a skillfully crafted email to Sportsound exposing her.

- Squealing Leslie Deans (& his secretary Saughton Hambo).

- The millions donated by fans - wasted on p*sh.

- etc.

Greenside
24-03-2021, 11:59 AM
[QUOTE=Norther

Just realised - I left out Ian Cathro! How could I manage that?[/QUOTE]

I remember a hilarious interview Cathro gave after a game at Starks Park.

WhileTheChief..
24-03-2021, 12:05 PM
- The Rangers, Hearts and Inverness cabal conspiring to get null & void, backed up (eventually) by the smokeless gun dossier.

- Budge's reconstruction to be done & dusted in 4 weeks (seems to now have conveniently dropped to the bottom of their priority list despite the reason being for the benefit of Scottish football and nothing else).

- Arbitration: Jambos expecting to get millions in compensation and ending up with just the hefty legal fees.

- Bribery & Corruption (allegedly) - Budge dangling James Anderson's generous "unconditional" donation as a carrot in front of Neil Doncaster to get what she wanted and what she got in return was a skillfully crafted email to Sportsound exposing her.

- Squealing Leslie Deans (& his secretary Saughton Hambo).

- The millions donated by fans - wasted on p*sh.

- etc.

:top marksKeep them coming. There’s so many I’d forgotten about!

Awesome stuff.

Bostonhibby
24-03-2021, 12:06 PM
Some of the names on their very own creditors list certainly highlighted some remarkable hypocrisy, bumping them for money whilst spouting their supposedly special relationships with them.

Big Hearts

The Lady Haig Poppy fund

Macraes Battalion trust

To name but a few.

matty_f
24-03-2021, 12:22 PM
The stairway to a wall was good.

Cardinal Hibernian
24-03-2021, 12:28 PM
Seem to remember some big noises and many a statement made about a 100 Watt lightbulb.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
24-03-2021, 12:29 PM
'It's ok'

The natural order banner.

The money spinning replay comment

Last night

That's probably my favourite from the post Vlad years.

Radium
24-03-2021, 12:37 PM
2-0 up, ER bouncing, banner appears in the FF. My memory is it was pulled back in. Reappears and Cliff had his phone out

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210324/5b69eb4ed45c9bb25f402d07d0929913.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ClermistonGreen
24-03-2021, 12:40 PM
The “hearts “ pound ! :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
24-03-2021, 12:42 PM
The “hearts “ pound ! :greengrin

Revisionist nonsense from a bitter spoonburner.

It was called the maroon pound.

Smartie
24-03-2021, 12:45 PM
Linking themselves with the finest managers in world football before appointing Graham Rix.

BILLYHIBS
24-03-2021, 12:45 PM
Defo should add the kickback post predicting oblivion for St Mirren

Comedy gold

HMFC the gift that keeps giving

WeeRussell
24-03-2021, 12:49 PM
I thought this was going to be a bit OTT until I realised how much I was enjoying reading every post 😀

Did they not bring out a ****ty wee Lego bus and try and sell it to their fans for about 30 quid?

Northernhibee
24-03-2021, 12:49 PM
I thought this was going to be a bit OTT until I realised how much I was enjoying reading every post ��

Did they not bring out a ****ty wee Lego bus and try and sell it to their fans for about 30 quid?

Think it was closer to eighty quid.

https://www.heartsdirect.co.uk/item/1686/GiftsMerchandise/Limited-Edition-Heart-of-Midlothian-1998-Parade-Bus.html

Edit - it was, and they're now trying to shift them reduced down to £35!

They should defo have a Brora Rangers bus with them all travelling home in it at 2AM, looking miserable.

WeeRussell
24-03-2021, 12:52 PM

https://www.heartsdirect.co.uk/item/1686/GiftsMerchandise/Limited-Edition-Heart-of-Midlothian-1998-Parade-Bus.html

They should defo have a Brora Rangers bus with them all travelling home in it at 2AM, looking miserable.

😂😂 brilliant. I didn’t want to start too high and thought 30 was ridiculous enough

NASAHIBS
24-03-2021, 12:54 PM
Dont forget the old main stand plastic owl that someone bought for over £4,000🤣🤣

WhileTheChief..
24-03-2021, 12:57 PM
2-0 up, ER bouncing, banner appears in the FF. My memory is it was pulled back in. Reappears and Cliff had his phone out

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210324/5b69eb4ed45c9bb25f402d07d0929913.jpg

One of my favourite ever nights at ER.

The build up to the game during the week was immense and for Levein to end up like he does in the pic was sublime.

Everything about that night was just perfect.

GreenCastle
24-03-2021, 01:11 PM
Looking for a new manager - worldwide applications supposedly then they appoint Levein as manager / DOF and a place on the board - then can’t sack him as they feel bad...let him do even more damage then finally sack him - bring in Daniel then get relegated !!

Hibernianinc
24-03-2021, 01:12 PM
I’m quite fond of the LC penalty shootout vs Dunfy at swiney when the match being a draw meant they were already out.

Couldn’t salvage enough pride to win it either.

🤣

PatHead
24-03-2021, 01:14 PM
If we didn't have goalposts...,.

Jones28
24-03-2021, 01:22 PM
I thought this was going to be a bit OTT until I realised how much I was enjoying reading every post 😀

It's like Lego...except its StickyBrix or some other ***** :faf:

A snip now at £35 for a StickyBrix 1998 Scottish cup parade bus.

weecounty hibby
24-03-2021, 01:23 PM
What was the occasion when they came out for an end of season lap of honour and there were about 5 folk left inside Tiny all giving them stick?

Northernhibee
24-03-2021, 01:25 PM
What was the occasion when they came out for an end of season lap of honour and there were about 5 folk left inside Tiny all giving them stick?

Ian Cathro walked out of the tunnel, turned back around and buggered off IIRC :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Willis1875
24-03-2021, 01:29 PM
Mind they sold ‘The Stendel’ jacket on the online shop!A bog standard black jacket with a boufing hearts badge on it......£60 😂

nonshinyfinish
24-03-2021, 01:32 PM
Mind they sold ‘The Stendel’ jacket on the online shop!A bog standard black jacket with a boufing hearts badge on it......£60 😂

For that price I'd expect a satin reversible RRevolution jacket.

GreenCastle
24-03-2021, 01:34 PM

Stendal song...Hearts are back..then they get relegated.

147lothian
24-03-2021, 01:39 PM
I wonder if the penny is starting to drop with some jambo's, this was posted by stu_HMFC on jkb one hour ago

"It's true. We have the worst result in our history but their is fans who want to bring Hibs into the situation it's obsessive and pathetic. We are the problem and playing terrible football with a shocking ownership and embarrassing manager. I'm not sure it has anything to do with a team sitting 3rd comfortably in the premier league, who care cares what their fan's think".

Haymaker
24-03-2021, 01:41 PM
There's too many to pick a favourite.

Northernhibee
24-03-2021, 01:48 PM
Ooh, just thought, there's signing Vanacek who is pulled within 45 minutes of his debut, slated by Levein and never seen again.

Or Advjaj, who "scores in every city he's in", gets a cutback for an open goal then faints and kicks it out of play.

matty_f
24-03-2021, 02:03 PM
I’m quite fond of the LC penalty shootout vs Dunfy at swiney when the match being a draw meant they were already out.

Couldn’t salvage enough pride to win it either.

🤣

This is a great shout. One of the best penalty shoot outs ever. Utterly meaningless but they had to do it anyway. :faf:

There was the "it's only St Mirren" league cup final that they went on to lose. That was decent.

Patching Berra to Dundee and then having to ask him to come back.

Not telling Stendel he was sacked.

Going for Jack Ross and then pretending they weren't bothered anyway.

Having an "extensive" manager search then hiring Craig Levein (who was also the Director of Football).

Craig Levein showing Stendel around after Levein was sacked but didn't go away.

"Situation, what situation"

The Office stand.

Gary Locke as David Brent in the documentary about them.

The documentary pretending that the most significant game in their season didn't happen.

The couch jambos on cup final day.

Natural Order.

"and breathe..."

"2-0 half time. The wait goes on for Hibs"

Marvin Bartley scoring at Tiny

GreenCastle
24-03-2021, 02:11 PM

https://youtu.be/fjbjctH2sMo

That is one of the best videos on YouTube.

Like this one too..

Livi 5 v Hearts 0 - https://youtu.be/VPVOYnF8qU4

24-03-2021, 02:16 PM

Don't forget the advert. 😂

https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/983653817198706688?s=09

WhileTheChief..
24-03-2021, 02:18 PM
This is a great shout. One of the best penalty shoot outs ever. Utterly meaningless but they had to do it anyway. :faf:

There was the "it's only St Mirren" league cup final that they went on to lose. That was decent.

Having an "extensive" manager search then hiring Craig Levein (who was also the Director of Football).

The Office stand.

The documentary pretending that the most significant game in their season didn't happen.

Natural Order.

"and breathe..."

Love these sorts of posts. Been laughing every time I come back on here between wee bits of work.

The Dunfermline shootout was tremendous. Total beamer having to go through that.

WhileTheChief..
24-03-2021, 02:21 PM
This all happened under Budge’s watch.

Mind when she first arrived and told everyone how she was going to fix Scottish football??

Even last summer she wouldn’t shut up. Where is she now eh? Hasn’t got a damn clue about anything.

70KevinHFC62
24-03-2021, 02:22 PM

😂😂😂😂😂😂

GreenCastle
24-03-2021, 02:23 PM
Someone post the picture of the boxes / planning application.

The Hearts strip launch at the beach is also an all time classic.

Remember they also designed the worst away kit ever - yellow and pink a few seasons ago.

Phil MaGlass
24-03-2021, 02:24 PM
Mibbe the twat getting the Romanov tattoo, wtf

Bostonhibby
24-03-2021, 02:27 PM
Ooh, just thought, there's signing Vanacek who is pulled within 45 minutes of his debut, slated by Levein and never seen again.

Or Advjaj, who "scores in every city he's in", gets a cutback for an open goal then faints and kicks it out of play.I always feel sorry for Vanacek, the boy was obviously a basketball player who thought Hearts were basketball team.

Levein never paid that much attention when transits full of signings arrived.

The boys heart must have sank when he emerged from the tunnel at the half built arena only to discover there wasn't wee hoops on a pole at each end and a polished wooden playing surface.

Magpie
24-03-2021, 02:30 PM
We had our day at Hampden, and it’s all because of you.

Since452
24-03-2021, 02:30 PM
Hearts are a pure minter of a football club

Magpie
24-03-2021, 02:32 PM

Wow 😂

Magpie
24-03-2021, 02:32 PM
Hearts are a pure minter of a football club

You wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire.

LancsHibs
24-03-2021, 02:38 PM
Don’t forget all the chat coming from them about how we were no longer their rivals, they had left us far behind, gonna win the European Cup blah blah blah:faf: And that clown mouthpiece they had referring to us as ‘the club from the docks’ or whatever it was. They really are the most deluded easily manipulated bunch of fans ever.

Since452
24-03-2021, 02:44 PM
Remember when they sped up footage of Daniel Stendels first training session to to make it appear they were a slick, well oiled footballing juggernaut knocking the ball around at lightning speed? :faf:

O'Rourke3
24-03-2021, 02:48 PM
Am I imagining that they didnt get the big machinery out before completing the worlds bigliest stand and meaning they had to dig up the pitch at the Roseburn end so they could get under the hight limit?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
24-03-2021, 02:53 PM
Quite enjoyed Sparky’s goal against them in the Scottish Cup Final payback for 2012

Shame it wasn’t the winner and went to a penalty shoot out

Oh they lost that as well - totally bottled it

Since452
24-03-2021, 02:54 PM
Hearts outdid themselves last night. Which is some going.

SouthMoroccoStu
24-03-2021, 03:40 PM
If we didn't have goalposts...,.

What was that one again

Their greatest hits album would be brilliant

But disappointing to go see them as they’d never perform all the classics

Pretty Boy
24-03-2021, 03:42 PM
https://youtu.be/_b13aH-vk_E

hibsbollah
24-03-2021, 03:54 PM

Or Advjaj, who "scores in every city he's in", gets a cutback for an open goal then faints and kicks it out of play.

Levein on Vanacek when announcing the signing;
‘He's a target man and is very good in the air. His hold-up play is impressive as well and he'll be a great addition to the squad.’

Levein on Vanacek after his debut;
‘He was rubbish’

:faf:

Aldo
24-03-2021, 03:58 PM
They are indeed the gift that keeps on giving!

big gogs
24-03-2021, 04:00 PM
At least Two World Cup winners will be arriving shortly, anyone remember that? :faf:
What about , of course we can afford to pay the big wages we own the bank.

ABZHFC
24-03-2021, 04:09 PM
Losing 2-1 (at home) to a Maltese team on the same night we beat a club like Brøndby 1-0 away definitely ranks highly, perhaps forgotten due to many of the shambles since but that truly was the worst result either of us have suffered in our respective European histories. 'Big team' but :agree:

Booked4Being-Ugly
24-03-2021, 04:16 PM

The Office stand.

Natural Order.

"and breathe..."

Trying to gazump us for Kevin Nisbet at the last minute then trying to kid on they weren’t interested anyway when he knocked them back.

WhileTheChief..
24-03-2021, 04:19 PM
Levein on Vanacek when announcing the signing;
‘He's a target man and is very good in the air. His hold-up play is impressive as well and he'll be a great addition to the squad.’

Levein on Vanacek after his debut;
‘He was rubbish’

:faf:

Proper LOL at this.

Bravo :top marks

Radium
24-03-2021, 04:51 PM
Does this count?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210324/cac69b55db0f72c50080719ae3c3825e.jpg

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2021, 05:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwGWgItWw7s&ab_channel=goteborg83

JohnMcM
24-03-2021, 06:24 PM
https://youtu.be/_b13aH-vk_E

Is that workplace bullying:greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
24-03-2021, 06:38 PM
Relegation when they still had every chance of survival was extremely pleasing. It was unfair, which made it all the better :lolyam:

Since452
24-03-2021, 06:49 PM
Losing 2-1 (at home) to a Maltese team on the same night we beat a club like Brøndby 1-0 away definitely ranks highly, perhaps forgotten due to many of the shambles since but that truly was the worst result either of us have suffered in our respective European histories. 'Big team' but :agree:

We're they not the San Marino of European club football? Lost to absolutely everyone but beat Hearts?

Jones28
24-03-2021, 06:59 PM
Matty just reminded me of something that shouldn’t be lost on anyone: the “keepcalmitsonlystmirrencup”

🤣🤣🤣

Hiber-nation
24-03-2021, 07:14 PM
"We're in for that Thorgan Hazard".

Northernhibee
24-03-2021, 07:26 PM
The stairway to a wall was good.

A perfect visual metaphor for Heart of Midlothian FC.

Archie70
24-03-2021, 07:26 PM
Suing for £8 000 000 and getting find £50 000

Northernhibee
24-03-2021, 07:28 PM
Releasing Jason Cummings and it coming back to bite them on the arse, only to do it with Josh Doig a little further down the line.

Levein's absolutely mental transfer window where he tried to copy what Stubbs do and sign decent young talent who had failed when they tried to take a step up, but instead started signing players who had been a failure for the likes of ICT.

hibbysam
24-03-2021, 07:30 PM
One that sticks out for me (and it may have been Cathro’s farewell), was when they drew with Dunfermline at home to go out of the Betfred cup, and still had to play a meaningless game of penalties and got pumped at that as well 😂

Northernhibee
24-03-2021, 07:30 PM
One that sticks out for me (and it may have been Cathro’s fair well), was when they drew with Dunfermline at home to go out of the Betfred cup, and still had to play a meaningless game of penalties and got pumped at that as well 😂

Player after player absolutely horsing their penalties a mile over the bar :greengrin

hibbysam
24-03-2021, 07:31 PM
Player after player absolutely horsing their penalties a mile over the bar :greengrin

To a chorus of boo’s everytime 😂

Northernhibee
24-03-2021, 07:31 PM
The Hearts fud running down the stairs at Tynecastle in a derby only to go arse over tit, somersault over the barrier at the front and then get escorted out for his troubles :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maxCFZgcgfM

Jakhog1
24-03-2021, 07:35 PM
Honestly keep them coming, this has fair cheered me up, will be saving this for any time I'm needing a pick me up, the wife keeps on asking what I am laughing at, cheers to the jambos please don't change

hibsbollah
24-03-2021, 07:45 PM
The Hearts fud running down the stairs at Tynecastle in a derby only to go arse over tit, somersault over the barrier at the front and then get escorted out for his troubles :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maxCFZgcgfM

For some reason that northern Irish dude from Catchphrase springs to mind, ‘There’s Mr Chips, och what’s he up to now, falling down the stairs, say wit ye see...’

Pretty Boy
24-03-2021, 07:47 PM
The kicking Russian hats and the 2 fat guys 'fighting' after the AGM a few years back was another moment of comedy gold. Sadly that video, like the Vlad on the pitch one seems to have disappeared.

And who can forget Rima's golden sticks and pyjama man:

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Football%3A+WHAT+A+LOAD+OF+MUMBO+JAMBO!+Hearts+sho uld+bin+Rima%27s+rods...-a0145045175

24-03-2021, 07:50 PM
Budge's cash cow and bake sales.

Pretending she's a real doctor.

Getting all her money paid back but not transferring ownership to the fans but when she eventually does, keeping a big chunk (25% ?) even though it's the fans and James Anderson that have ploughed in the money to build the stand and preserve value in the club for her to reap the reward in the future when she sells her share.

Being a "visionary" by being saying she's cutting wages by 50% 1 day into lockdown then caving in to the player revolt and ending up just reducing the players with a relegation clause in their contract to their contractually agreed post-relegation salary, 1 month earlier than it would have otherwise been. Thereby only saving about £25k.

Hiber-nation
24-03-2021, 07:55 PM
The good old days! https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/hotline-special---hearts-can-1614577

hibbyfraelibby
24-03-2021, 07:56 PM
Am I imagining that they didnt get the big machinery out before completing the worlds bigliest stand and meaning they had to dig up the pitch at the Roseburn end so they could get under the hight limit?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Is it not still buried under the 10th generation tattie pitch

Viva_Palmeiras
24-03-2021, 08:28 PM
My signature quote from The Scotsman...

Bostonhibby
24-03-2021, 08:39 PM
An ex director quoted as saying they tried to save the plums from Romanov.

“He stopped trusting the football professionals and started bringing in his family instead,” Varanavicius said in the wide-raning interview. “His son, his daughter...he started sending faces suggesting what the team should be.

All whilst the "simple" fans stood idly by.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210324/79bf7fe24e9a50202604320e8a257257.jpg

GreenCastle
24-03-2021, 08:40 PM
Stendel not taking wages to help the club save money..

Budge appoints Neilson by paying Utd a fee (possibly money she saved from Stendels wages).

Hiring Neilson without telling Stendel.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-03-2021, 08:49 PM
Cant find the picture - the genius of the Dalry Lama.

Bostonhibby
24-03-2021, 08:57 PM
Cant find the picture - the genius of the Dalry Lama.Do you mean him[emoji6]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210324/c83994f4d7cea8f34c134eb162cdc2f6.jpg

pollution
24-03-2021, 09:02 PM
We've had 24 hours of non stop merriment, courtesy of our neighbours.

God bless them all: they need it !

EI255
24-03-2021, 09:04 PM
Chunky Chicken sha55ers

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
24-03-2021, 09:08 PM
Do you mean him[emoji6]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210324/c83994f4d7cea8f34c134eb162cdc2f6.jpg

found it!

24-03-2021, 10:21 PM

The Office stand.

Natural Order.

"and breathe..."

Saying they'd received applications of the highest calibre then taking ages to eventually "realise" the best candidate was under their noses all along.

Then after Levein was eventually sacked, saying the next manager would be high-profile, experienced and know the Scottish game then bringing in low-profile Stendel with 1yrs experience at Hannover plus a yr and a bit at Barnsley. I particularly enjoyed the 1st interview where he'd obviously been prompted to say he'd never heard of Hibs but he botched it and let slip he'd never heard of Hearts.

Hibbyradge
24-03-2021, 10:23 PM

It was £79!

Kato
24-03-2021, 10:24 PM
It was £79!

It's like a Viz ad.

Hibbyradge
24-03-2021, 10:26 PM

It was £79! Printabrick. 😂

Northernhibee
24-03-2021, 10:31 PM
Remember back in 2013 or 2014 when they were going bust and started offering shares to their fans, and they had kids going and spending their birthday money and savings and the like on the club?

Anybody know how many Hearts fans got their share certificates in the end?

:wink:

Bostonhibby
24-03-2021, 10:35 PM
Remember back in 2013 or 2014 when they were going bust and started offering shares to their fans, and they had kids going and spending their birthday money and savings and the like on the club?

Anybody know how many Hearts fans got their share certificates in the end?

:wink:Think it was the cash only sale and it left the country in suitcases, probably along with the cash only shop sales.

The clues were there.[emoji16]

Forever_Green93
24-03-2021, 11:53 PM
The kicking Russian hats and the 2 fat guys 'fighting' after the AGM a few years back was another moment of comedy gold. Sadly that video, like the Vlad on the pitch one seems to have disappeared.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Football%3A+WHAT+A+LOAD+OF+MUMBO+JAMBO!+Hearts+sho uld+bin+Rima%27s+rods...-a0145045175

The Vlad one is still kicking about. https://twitter.com/Gramo1875/status/1155053832105287680

Pretty Boy
25-03-2021, 06:22 AM
The Vlad one is still kicking about. https://twitter.com/Gramo1875/status/1155053832105287680

The long haired guy bowing and the guy from Deliverance at the end pointing and saying 'Vlad' gets me every time.

lyonhibs
25-03-2021, 06:29 AM
Not read the whole thread but an honourable mention must go to the whole "no seats for the sparkly new Stand because, errrrr, we forgot to order them" which The Budgie tried to dress up in a release as a "fulfillment execution issue" or somesuch pish.

StevesFamau5
25-03-2021, 06:45 AM
October 2018, Scotland u21 V England u21, a cold miserable evening at the PBS. My old man and I had some outstanding seats right at the back. Next to what we assumed is the door to Narnia.

When posted on FB it seemed to hook a lot of angry maroon folks, I just wanted to know if there was chips behind the door... https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210325/169e866fed65876f02907c0fec5815b1.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Hibrandenburg
25-03-2021, 07:28 AM
Their fanshop/recruitment centre.

Bostonhibby
25-03-2021, 07:59 AM
The Vlad one is still kicking about. https://twitter.com/Gramo1875/status/1155053832105287680Jeez, nearly felt sorry for them for a minute, absolutely cringeworthy.

Simple fans indeed.

Bet the plum got his pocket picked while his shirt was being signed.

Phil MaGlass
25-03-2021, 08:03 AM
Dont forget the bam that spent 3000 (?) on an owl.:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

lord bunberry
25-03-2021, 08:23 AM
Has to be the 2-2 game. At 2-0 they were delirious and giving us it plenty, singing stubsy stubsy. At the final whistle they were raging as we celebrated. The fact that we then went on to win the cup absolutely destroyed them, so much so they hounded the manager out whilst sitting third in the league and brought in Ian Cathro. Their current demise started that day.

Jones28
25-03-2021, 08:33 AM
It was £79! Printabrick. 😂

Oh man :faf:

jacomo
25-03-2021, 09:29 AM
Has to be the 2-2 game. At 2-0 they were delirious and giving us it plenty, singing stubsy stubsy. At the final whistle they were raging as we celebrated. The fact that we then went on to win the cup absolutely destroyed them, so much so they hounded the manager out whilst sitting third in the league and brought in Ian Cathro. Their current demise started that day.

Seemed brutal at the time, but at least the Jambos didn’t need to worry about a humiliating cup result under Robbie Neilson ever again.

Oh wait...

CraigHibee
25-03-2021, 09:58 AM

one of the best bits about the romanov years was hearing from several jambo mates "we are only due the debt to ourselves" :greengrin

StevesFamau5
25-03-2021, 10:01 AM
Does anyone have the link or similar for the wee video to Paul Johnsons - Get Down with the yam players? I need it for a project

hibby6270
25-03-2021, 01:01 PM
Malaury Martin - 4 year deal - dead ball specialist!!

That went well. :greengrin

Www1875hfc
25-03-2021, 01:21 PM
Hearts Statement. Apologies if posted elsewhere.

The Board, Management and Staff fully understand and share the anger and strength of feeling being expressed by our fans following what was a totally unacceptable performance and result on Tuesday evening.
We can only echo the comments made by Robbie Neilson after the game. He was stunned and embarrassed, as were we all, by our exit at this stage of the Scottish Cup. It was, as the manager said, completely unacceptable and fell way below the standards that we set and expect at Hearts.
We completely respect the right of any and all of our supporters to make their voices heard and feelings known in a peaceful and law-abiding manner. However we are aware, from social media, that there is the suggestion of a fans protest at Tynecastle Park on Saturday prior to our Championship fixture with Queen of The South.
We do not need to remind anyone that we are still in the midst of worldwide pandemic during which our focus has at all times been on ensuring the safety and security of everyone at Tynecastle. Nor do we need to remind you that it is unlawful for crowds to gather in public places due to current Covid restrictions. We must, therefore, urge all fans, in the strongest possible manner, not to congregate at Tynecastle Park on Saturday.
Everyone associated with the Club feels let down. However the most important thing now is to bounce back. At the start of this season every single one of us agreed that, above all else, this year was about winning the Championship and getting back to where we belong. We are on the cusp of achieving that objective. Let’s not risk success now by allowing frustration and anger to knock us off course. We still have a job to finish.
Keep safe!

Ann Budge
Chairman

Bostonhibby
25-03-2021, 01:38 PM

The Board, Management and Staff fully understand and share the anger and strength of feeling being expressed by our fans following what was a totally unacceptable performance and result on Tuesday evening.
We can only echo the comments made by Robbie Neilson after the game. He was stunned and embarrassed, as were we all, by our exit at this stage of the Scottish Cup. It was, as the manager said, completely unacceptable and fell way below the standards that we set and expect at Hearts.
We completely respect the right of any and all of our supporters to make their voices heard and feelings known in a peaceful and law-abiding manner. However we are aware, from social media, that there is the suggestion of a fans protest at Tynecastle Park on Saturday prior to our Championship fixture with Queen of The South.
We do not need to remind anyone that we are still in the midst of worldwide pandemic during which our focus has at all times been on ensuring the safety and security of everyone at Tynecastle. Nor do we need to remind you that it is unlawful for crowds to gather in public places due to current Covid restrictions. We must, therefore, urge all fans, in the strongest possible manner, not to congregate at Tynecastle Park on Saturday.
Everyone associated with the Club feels let down. However the most important thing now is to bounce back. At the start of this season every single one of us agreed that, above all else, this year was about winning the Championship and getting back to where we belong. We are on the cusp of achieving that objective. Let’s not risk success now by allowing frustration and anger to knock us off course. We still have a job to finish.
Keep safe!

Ann Budge
Chairman

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYahoo

Mrs doctor Budge still has a job to finish, she's going nowhere and it sounds like they're happy with Neilson as well.

It's almost as if the measure of achievement for the Budge years has been lowered somewhat, to getting back to the premiership the current regime got them relegated from in the first place. Not a bad return for all that extra cash.

mutley
25-03-2021, 01:40 PM
Oh I see that the statement is being well received over the road........................ HAHAH it has only made the Seethe worse, it's brilliant

Bostonhibby
25-03-2021, 01:51 PM
Oh I see that the statement is being well received over the road........................ HAHAH it has only made the Seethe worse, it's brilliantA shame as all this fuss could have been avoided by Hearts offering up a single hat to be kicked around the plaza by a grumpy looking old guy in a cardigan and corduroy strides.

A compliant symbolic protest, in keeping with their traditions.

Their Chairman must have an old hat lying around.

greenginger
25-03-2021, 01:54 PM
Oh I see that the statement is being well received over the road........................ HAHAH it has only made the Seethe worse, it's brilliant

What has Budge got that makes her irreplaceable ? I know she still owns the shares but there must be someone in FoH with the guts to tell her she’s had her time and needs to move over.

I’m looking forward to seeing the FoH committee system in action. :greengrin

147lothian
25-03-2021, 01:56 PM
Yeehar! Ann Budge saying "we still have a job to do" means her and Robbie are staying, that's exactly where I want them to be.

Budge and Neilson must stay!

Victor
25-03-2021, 01:57 PM

They would have been better saying nothing. That statement sounds like “we know best and if you protest we will have you arrested”. I am sure they could protest and social distance around the huge piazza.

bawheid
25-03-2021, 02:17 PM
Keeping Neilson whilst McInnes and Neil are available until it’s too late and they both get other jobs.

Oh, that’s not happened yet? But we know it will!

Tambo
25-03-2021, 02:25 PM
Sorry if it has been mentioned really but the Berra interview Andy the golf cart I’m sure it was something like that.

jacomo
25-03-2021, 02:28 PM

Keep safe!

Ann Budge
Chairman

That’s just amazing.

No apology from Budge of course. Instead she just hangs the players out to dry.

What an incredible leader she is.

Peevemor
25-03-2021, 02:34 PM
That’s just amazing.

No apology from Budge of course. Instead she just hangs the players out to dry.

What an incredible leader she is.

It could maybe be better, but I don't see the problem with it TBH.Hearts have a responsibility to try to dissuade any gathering of supporters (protest or otherwise) that they belive might be being organised. It would be a pity to have come so far in the batttle against COVID only for a few hundred numpties to put a mob together.

Great viewing though!

The Count
25-03-2021, 02:41 PM
Wonder who will be the first Hibby with strip/scarf to be pictured outside Brora Rangers ground.Could become a Hibs fan pilgrimage shrine.Apparently has a good golf course so theres the excuse.

Www1875hfc
25-03-2021, 02:51 PM
Wonder who will be the first Hibby with strip/scarf to be pictured outside Brora Rangers ground.Could become a Hibs fan pilgrimage shrine.Apparently has a good golf course so theres the excuse.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210325/efc1cab8c2d2a55eaff39408e6378f9d.jpg

Bostonhibby
25-03-2021, 02:51 PM
What has Budge got that makes her irreplaceable ? I know she still owns the shares but there must be someone in FoH with the guts to tell her she’s had her time and needs to move over.

I’m looking forward to seeing the FoH committee system in action. :greengrinTheir bollocks? (if indeed they found some).

The reality is she does what she wants when she wants, they have to repay her and they keep giving her cash to top up the shambles.

FOH look like they were handpicked by the good lady herself to ensure the autocracy continues in return for giving a few jambos the chance to sound important, wear badges, be on committees etc, the sort of thing they enjoy.

All this and a big interest bearing loan. Would any of us want to leave a similar situation?

mutley
25-03-2021, 02:54 PM

Don't temp me, I'm not that far away from there.

hibby rae
25-03-2021, 02:58 PM
My mate did security for a while at Tynie (he mentioned the cash cow to me a couple months before it was was on here).

One day, he spotted Budge, Levein, and another (not sure who) washing bricks from the old stand that they were planning to sell to supporters 😂😂

jacomo
25-03-2021, 03:16 PM
Their bollocks? (if indeed they found some).

The reality is she does what she wants when she wants, they have to repay her and they keep giving her cash to top up the shambles.

FOH look like they were handpicked by the good lady herself to ensure the autocracy continues in return for giving a few jambos the chance to sound important, wear badges, be on committees etc, the sort of thing they enjoy.

All this and a big interest bearing loan. Would any of us want to leave a similar situation?

The documentary confirmed all this.

Hearts obviously had a lot of influence over what stayed and what was edited out, so I can only assume the footage of everyone nodding and agreeing with her as she waddled about saying inane nonsense was the very best of it.

My favourite was when she appeared at the desk of an underling and asked “Anything happening that I should know about?”

Anyone who’s had a boss like that knows that you can just string them along until they piss off and you get back to playing candy crush or whatever.

147lothian
25-03-2021, 03:20 PM
As if we haven't laughed enough, how funny would it be if the cov-idiots went ahead with their protest on the forecourt plazza before the QoS game on Saturday. They might even get themselves on the news, like what fans of big teams do, but deary me for all the wrong reasons.

Archie70
25-03-2021, 03:25 PM
Anyone remember the callum elliot dance video

Bostonhibby
25-03-2021, 03:26 PM
The documentary confirmed all this.

Hearts obviously had a lot of influence over what stayed and what was edited out, so I can only assume the footage of everyone nodding and agreeing with her as she waddled about saying inane nonsense was the very best of it.

My favourite was when she appeared at the desk of an underling and asked “Anything happening that I should know about?”

Anyone who’s had a boss like that knows that you can just string them along until they piss off and you get back to playing candy crush or whatever.[emoji16]

Good analogy, all very condescending stuff by the sounds of it, it's the formula that got them to where they are today so long may it continue.

Jakhog1
25-03-2021, 03:35 PM
Anyone remember the callum elliot dance video

Is that the one that he made up some wee lassie dance routine with his mate, I'm sure they started whipping their tops off at one point.

Bostonhibby
25-03-2021, 03:51 PM
Is that the one that he made up some wee lassie dance routine with his mate, I'm sure they started whipping their tops off at one point.Remember that one, can't actually find the video but here's a link with pretty detailed descriptions.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hearts-star-calum-elliot-in-camp-973615.amp

25-03-2021, 04:13 PM

Keep safe!

Ann Budge
Chairman

😂😂😂

Wonder how they're reacting to that. Wee boys spitting out their dummies no doubt.

Why is Budge still doing the statements anyway? Is that not the golf guy's remit to do them now? Maybe he wouldn't do it because he knew it was a bad idea. Budge knows best though. 😂

Cat Stanton
25-03-2021, 04:16 PM
https://youtu.be/fjbjctH2sMo

That is one of the best videos on YouTube.

Like this one too..

Livi 5 v Hearts 0 - https://youtu.be/VPVOYnF8qU4

Had forgotten all about that semifinal. What a great watch. ICT had 10 men for most of it, and 9 for all of extra time. And Hearts still lost. Talk about Hearts-ing it. And with Wonga on their shirts too!

Bostonhibby
25-03-2021, 04:24 PM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Wonder how they're reacting to that. Wee boys spitting out their dummies no doubt.

Why is Budge still doing the statements anyway? Is that not the golf guy's remit to do them now? Maybe he wouldn't do it because he knew it was a bad idea. Budge knows best though. [emoji23]Maybe the golf guys in charge of their golf department?

All big clubs have golf departments.

hibsbollah
25-03-2021, 04:24 PM

Rima! That’s her name. I’m happy someone remembered. I actually want to see those sticks of mysterious gold...

25-03-2021, 04:37 PM
Maybe the golf guys in charge of their golf department?

All big clubs have golf departments.

🙂

And he coaches the defence which is full of holes.

Archie70
25-03-2021, 04:57 PM
What about when the fans declared war on st mirren...then the club loaned them their goalie:confused:

bawheid
25-03-2021, 05:29 PM
Do the banter years go back to when they paid us £350,000 for Brian Hamilton?

What about Hans Eskillson missing a sitter after being put off by the noise from the Famous Five stand?

EI255
25-03-2021, 07:07 PM
Neilson on the radio earlier pleading with fans not to demonstrate at the stadium.

Nice touch.

Andy74
25-03-2021, 07:26 PM

Keep safe!

Ann Budge
Chairman

That’s a lot of reminding about stuff that needs no reminding.

jacomo
25-03-2021, 08:04 PM
Neilson on the radio earlier pleading with fans not to demonstrate at the stadium.

Nice touch.

Did he take any responsibility for the result?

Or continue to follow the lead of his idiot boss and blame others for his own failings?

25-03-2021, 09:24 PM
Their season ticket guarantee promising the fans 18 games at Tynecastle with however many games fans weren't allowed in to getting carried forward to the next season, collecting all the money from the fans then going back on their word and saying "You know how we said you'd get to be at Tynecastle? Well we actually meant the games would be at Tynecastle and you'd be at your sofa. Oops."

greenginger
25-03-2021, 09:36 PM
The “ Flats, flats glorious flats “ one still brings on a smile.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-03-2021, 09:43 PM
Anyone have a pic (afore pre stadium redevelopment when the tenements overlooked the away end? ) .... there was a an “oil painting” (not) of a lass hanging out the window hurling abuse and getting it back from
the Hibees. I think she might have hung the bed clothes out with some anti - Hibs slogan on it. Maybe it was just a memory from back in the day.

Who needs all seater stadia :)

CentreLine
25-03-2021, 09:44 PM
Hahahahahearts claiming moral high ground in racism when that footage of them displaying utterly disgusting racist behaviour on their team bus is testament to the opposite.
On that subject, someone must still have that footage kicking around. In the week they shamed themselves on the pitch I think the footage should have an airing to show how shameful they are off the pitch.

BILLYHIBS
25-03-2021, 09:51 PM
What about Hearts were playing at Murrayfield at the time and at a Derby at Easter Road Craig Gordon stepped forward in anticipation of taking a free-kick about six yards outside his box when an egg shaped ball suddenly appeared bouncing in front of him hurled on from the East :greengrin

BoomtownHibees
25-03-2021, 10:08 PM
Being put out 2 cups by Alloa and Brora in the one season has to be up there

25-03-2021, 10:31 PM
Neil Doncaster's got executive powers and is going to force through reconstruction.

25-03-2021, 10:39 PM
Ann Budge's zoom call from her conservatory with a 10 foot high hedge 6 inches from every window.

25-03-2021, 10:42 PM
Statements...containing...subliminal...s.o.s...---...messages.

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-03-2021, 11:06 PM
Dylan Bikey

I'm Spartacus
25-03-2021, 11:16 PM
The result is amazing but what made me choke on my coffee was Jobbie saying they'd had a long chat in the dressing room "Did ye aye?" Hahahaha. Fud.

Baader
26-03-2021, 12:15 AM
Losing to Brora is about as low as it gets. Get in!:thumbsup:

FilipinoHibs
26-03-2021, 12:42 AM
Their bollocks? (if indeed they found some).

I always imagine Jamboland to be twats in maroon blazers with club ties sitting on meaningless committees but feeling very self important.

Stanton Spence
26-03-2021, 02:46 AM
I quite like Robbie replay's latest interview with the media about the Brora debacle. He is now telling the jambos to go and support man city or man utd if they want to win every week [emoji1787]
They are in turmoil over on KB and saying his latest statement beats the "money spinner" quote

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Since452
26-03-2021, 04:26 AM
Selling 8k tickets to Aberdeen fans and 15k tickets to Rangers at Murrayfield then boasting about having a higher average attendance than Hibs

Iain G
26-03-2021, 07:15 AM
I always imagine Jamboland to be twats in maroon blazers with club ties sitting on meaningless committees but feeling very self important.

It's also called the City of Edinburgh council 😁

ClermistonGreen
26-03-2021, 07:18 AM
Revisionist nonsense from a bitter spoonburner.

It was called the maroon pound.

Re-revised
The “maroon “ pound !
:greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
26-03-2021, 07:20 AM
I see their rain dance has paid off...

Bostonhibby
26-03-2021, 07:41 AM
I always imagine Jamboland to be twats in maroon blazers with club ties sitting on meaningless committees but feeling very self important.We share a vision[emoji3]

Bostonhibby
26-03-2021, 07:54 AM
I quite like Robbie replay's latest interview with the media about the Brora debacle. He is now telling the jambos to go and support man city or man utd if they want to win every week [emoji1787]
They are in turmoil over on KB and saying his latest statement beats the "money spinner" quote

Sent from my G3121 using TapatalkJeez, no wonder they're fed up of the replayer, a quick glance at the Highland League and he could easily have suggested supporting Brora rangers if they want to win every week.

They're on a good run and it's an opportunity for half and half scarf sales if they want to retain some sort of connection with the thieves, maybe even another one of their weird wee special relationships?

hibsbollah
26-03-2021, 08:06 AM
I’m starting a new rumour that the captain of that container ship that’s blocking Suez and ****ing the world economy is a Jambo :agree:

Aldo
26-03-2021, 08:38 AM
Their special relationship with the World War and remember those team members that fought in it.

Then failing to pay the Lady Haig Poppy Fund and Macraes Battalion Charities.

What big teams do!

HibbyAndy
26-03-2021, 08:55 AM
Selling 8k tickets to Aberdeen fans and 15k tickets to Rangers at Murrayfield then boasting about having a higher average attendance than Hibs

:agree:

Absolute ****ing cringe

matty_f
26-03-2021, 09:37 AM
We talked about this a bit on Shortbangers last night - Hearts go on about being a top 4 club (top flight) and while their budget supports that ambition, they've managed to take (IIRC) full points off of just one Championship side this season (i.e. they've dropped points to everyone else in that league).

They've been knocked out the league cup by (checks notes) Alloa and now the Scottish Cup by Brora Rangers.

Last season, they were the worst team in the top flight, which prompted their relegation.

This, IMHO, is what happens when you throw all our eggs into one basket and make one fixture your benchmark. For Hearts, beating us is EVERYTHING. Look where it's got them - getting regularly ridiculed by all and sundry, down a division and the most embarrassing result in their history.

I'd take our derby record and where we are now every single day of the week.

As for hilarity -

The Levein saga stands out - from Director of Football to manager AND Director of Football, to just Director of Football (but just with the kids and that) to eventually being emptied, seeing Hearts fill their squad with high volumes of expensive duds, and wasting millions and millions of pounds in the process to win the grand total of **** all, get relegated and lose to Brora Rangers.

Their fans STILL haven't had the club handed over to them (think the plan was 2 years, at the start - how long's it been now?).

They are an absolute rudderless shambles. Long may it continue.

PatHead
26-03-2021, 09:42 AM
We talked about this a bit on Shortbangers last night - Hearts go on about being a top 4 club (top flight) and while their budget supports that ambition, they've managed to take (IIRC) full points off of just one Championship side this season (i.e. they've dropped points to everyone else in that league).

They've been knocked out the league cup by (checks notes) Alloa and now the Scottish Cup by Brora Rangers.

Last season, they were the worst team in the top flight, which prompted their relegation.

This, IMHO, is what happens when you throw all our eggs into one basket and make one fixture your benchmark. For Hearts, beating us is EVERYTHING. Look where it's got them - getting regularly ridiculed by all and sundry, down a division and the most embarrassing result in their history.

As for hilarity -

The Levein saga stands out - from Director of Football to manager AND Director of Football, to just Director of Football (but just with the kids and that) to eventually being emptied, seeing Hearts fill their squad with high volumes of expensive duds, and wasting millions and millions of pounds in the process to win the grand total of **** all, get relegated and lose to Brora Rangers.

Their fans STILL haven't had the club handed over to them (think the plan was 2 years, at the start - how long's it been now?).

But, but 5-1, new potato things and state of the art stand and Dr, Mrs Queen Anne Budge is there to give Hibs advice..

worcesterhibby
26-03-2021, 09:57 AM
Their special relationship with the World War and remember those team members that fought in it.

Then failing to pay the Lady Haig Poppy Fund and Macraes Battalion Charities.

What big teams do!

All the more amusing that the guy who scored the opener for Brora is called.........McCrae ! :greengrin

Aldo
26-03-2021, 09:58 AM
All the more amusing that the guy who scored the opener for Brora is called.........McCrae ! :greengrin

Really! There you go!

Oscar T Grouch
26-03-2021, 10:05 AM

As for hilarity -

Not only have they not had the club handed over to them yet, they have paid collectively £10m into the club and still don't own it. You'd think that £10m would be stored away to use as a war chest when they finally get the club handed over but it has all been pissed up against a wall. It makes me chuckle how many still contribute despite all this.

cocteautwin
26-03-2021, 11:45 AM
Not only have they not had the club handed over to them yet, they have paid collectively £10m into the club and still don't own it. You'd think that £10m would be stored away to use as a war chest when they finally get the club handed over but it has all been pissed up against a wall. It makes me chuckle how many still contribute despite all this.

It’s now over £12m they’ve paid in. It was only supposed to be £2m they needed to pay in to clear off Budge’s loan and take ownership but the goal posts have been moved year after year. The latest plan is for ownership to transfer this summer but I can’t see how this would happen when Budge’s loan has risen to £5.5m and she has security over the new stand.

Maybe she’ll just write off the loan in the summer and pass over ownership to get rid of the whole stinking mess.

Kato
26-03-2021, 11:47 AM
Maybe she’ll just write off the loan in the summer and pass over ownership to get rid of the whole stinking mess.

She took over a pig and is handing back a pig in lipstick. Still a pig and lipstick rubs off.

Bostonhibby
26-03-2021, 12:01 PM
It’s now over £12m they’ve paid in. It was only supposed to be £2m they needed to pay in to clear off Budge’s loan and take ownership but the goal posts have been moved year after year. The latest plan is for ownership to transfer this summer but I can’t see how this would happen when Budge’s loan has risen to £5.5m and she has security over the new stand.

Maybe she’ll just write off the loan in the summer and pass over ownership to get rid of the whole stinking mess.If she's got a big back garden maybe she could just leave with the stand?

flash
26-03-2021, 04:31 PM
What was the ridiculous story about Jim Jeffries and being spotted in the Hearts shop at St James Centre?

HoboHarry
26-03-2021, 05:50 PM
Lol, a modern day victory for McCrae's Battalion then.....😂😂

147lothian
26-03-2021, 09:19 PM
I've just seen a poster, only about A4 size maroon and it simply says Budge Out, Neilson Out, Budge must be one of the few who hopes the lockdown continues because its going to be very uncomfortable for her when they get back in the stadium

26-03-2021, 09:23 PM
Their losing streak on the pitch continuing after football stopped, losing vote after vote: calling the leagues, the Rangers dossier vote for an independent investigation, several reconstruction attempts, Court of Sessions, Arbitration, etc. etc.

GreenCastle
26-03-2021, 09:27 PM
Spoke with a Jambo today and seems some are having a protest tomorrow (Saturday) before the game - ignoring the warnings - we could be in for another hilarious moment.

Www1875hfc
26-03-2021, 09:30 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210326/c6832f5e8560ade38f869be5549c131a.jpg

GreenCastle
26-03-2021, 09:32 PM

Interesting letter T on OUT.

Preferred the plane banner to be honest.

greenginger
26-03-2021, 09:46 PM

That banners on the scaffold on tenement in McLeod Street that is getting some major repairs to the front walls. I’m pretty sure the damage was caused by the piling operations for the Budge Stand shambles.
I wonder who is footing the bill for the repairs ? Edinburgh Council maybe ?

Iggy Pope
26-03-2021, 09:51 PM
That banners on the scaffold on tenement in McLeod Street that is getting some major repairs to the front walls. I’m pretty sure the damage was caused by the piling operations for the Budge Stand shambles.
I wonder who is footing the bill for the repairs ? Edinburgh Council maybe ?

If so, it’s an extraordinary manner in which to deliver her latest statement.
More concise than usual mind you.

26-03-2021, 09:52 PM
Posing as Christ the Redeemer in a maroon Burberry jacket.

Iggy Pope
26-03-2021, 09:54 PM
Spoke with a Jambo today and seems some are having a protest tomorrow (Saturday) before the game - ignoring the warnings - we could be in for another hilarious moment.

Water canon would be brilliant with a part time fireman that plays left mid for Brora at the wheel. Waste of water with summer coming mind you, but I’d accept another ten bob on the water rates.

GreenCastle
26-03-2021, 10:12 PM
Water canon would be brilliant with a part time fireman that plays left mid for Brora at the wheel. Waste of water with summer coming mind you, but I’d accept another ten bob on the water rates.

The plaza was built perfectly for all these demonstrations..

Remember the Levein out vandalism..

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/levein-out-graffiti-daubed-hearts-20763301.amp

September 2019 - Hearts Fans trying to storm the Tynecastle

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-hearts-fans-attempt-storm-20064439.amp

Bostonhibby
26-03-2021, 10:19 PM
I wonder who is footing the bill for the repairs ? Edinburgh Council maybe ?Can't see it being Hearts, there'll be no qualified supervision, the residents will end up looking through glass curtains at the school and the job will never finish.

Glory Lurker
26-03-2021, 10:42 PM
The website in Japanese.

Since452
26-03-2021, 10:55 PM

As for hilarity -

Had this argument with a Hearts fan earlier. A historical derby record means nothing when you're playing in the lower leagues and getting papped out cups by joiners and welders in the present. Hibs are their everything and it shows.

Kato
26-03-2021, 11:01 PM
Casper the friendly ghost hitting a jambo on the pitch at Tynecastle.

27-03-2021, 04:11 AM
Forgetting to order the seats.

Skol
27-03-2021, 06:10 AM
Burley being sacked

StevesFamau5
27-03-2021, 06:13 AM
The plaza was built perfectly for all these demonstrations..

Remember the Levein out vandalism..

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/levein-out-graffiti-daubed-hearts-20763301.amp

September 2019 - Hearts Fans trying to storm the Tynecastle

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-hearts-fans-attempt-storm-20064439.ampThe second article, first line of the main story... 'Seething Hearts fans'

My Saturday is made already.

Barney McGrew
27-03-2021, 06:34 AM
This thread makes me pray for the FOH takeover to happen as soon as possible. The thought of them running their club by some sort of appointed bowling club committee means the banter years will probably extend into banter decades.

Since90+2
27-03-2021, 07:05 AM
We really do live in their heads rent free.

Bostonhibby
27-03-2021, 07:28 AM
The website in Japanese.[emoji106]That was a great one. Big in Japan[emoji23]

Wonder how it's working out, got to be a big market out there for Brora rangers when all the Japanese football fans hear about how they've slain the mighty Gorgie dragon in the biggest shock in Scottish cup history.

greenginger
27-03-2021, 07:34 AM
This thread makes me pray for the FOH takeover to happen as soon as possible. The thought of them running their club by some sort of appointed bowling club committee means the banter years will probably extend into banter decades.

The plan I read about was there would be numerous committees elected by FoH each to run the different functions of the Club. Player acquisition, salaries, ground maintainence , ticket sales , commercial, etc etc.

Each committee would elect a chairman who would be on the main board and in turn elect a Club chairman.

what could go wrong ? :greengrin

27-03-2021, 07:39 AM
Cathro!

Bostonhibby
27-03-2021, 07:48 AM
The plan I read about was there would be numerous committees elected by FoH each to run the different functions of the Club. Player acquisition, salaries, ground maintainence , ticket sales , commercial, etc etc.

Each committee would elect a chairman who would be on the main board and in turn elect a Club chairman.

what could go wrong ? :greengrinThey'll need to sort out the sub committees first so they can elect a representative to do a draft recommendation of who should be on the actual committees.

Before that there'll need to be a committee to make sure seats are ordered so the main committee and sub committees have somewhere to sit.Maybe some sort of task force is the best way to get the best outcome?

All of this will be reliant on first sorting out who gets to decide who gets to wear what sort of tie to represent their seniority and of course who gets to keep the pens on show in their blazer pocket.

The important position of grumpy old guy who sits at the wee desk with an old school jotter and an ordinary biro taped to a piece of string needs to be filled immediately.

Critical as they have to get 400,000 folk signed in and out and each of their 10p admission collected every lunchtime before a match so the team can be selected and seating allocated.

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2021, 08:03 AM

what could go wrong ? :greengrin

It works for Parent Councils.

AltheHibby
27-03-2021, 08:05 AM
They'll need to sort out the sub committees first so they can elect a representative to do a draft recommendation of who should be on the actual committees.

Before that there'll need to be a committee to make sure seats are ordered so the main committee and sub committees have somewhere to sit.Maybe some sort of task force is the best way to get the best outcome?

All of this will be reliant on first sorting out who gets to decide who gets to wear what sort of tie to represent their seniority and of course who gets to keep the pens on show in their blazer pocket.

The important position of grumpy old guy who sits at the wee desk with an old school jotter and an ordinary biro taped to a piece of string needs to be filled immediately.

Critical as they have to get 400,000 folk signed in and out and each of their 10p admission collected every lunchtime before a match so the team can be selected and seating allocated.

The bureaucracy you describe reminds me of the Futurama episode "How Hermes Requisitioned His Groove Back, with Craigie boy and Budge as Fry and Morgan Proctor.

Bostonhibby
27-03-2021, 08:16 AM
The bureaucracy you describe reminds me of the Futurama episode "How Hermes Requisitioned His Groove Back, with Craigie boy and Budge as Fry and Morgan Proctor.[emoji1]

Listen, I was only giving the general detail, there'll be task forces to sort out the specifics such as acceptable dress code, things like are corduroy trousers acceptable with blazers? If so traditional Hearts brown only? With or without turn ups? Are cravats acceptable? If so only in certain parts of the ground?

It looks like Mrs doctor Budge isn't going to succeed with her proclamations about transforming Scottish football, however handing the baton to the cast of Ben Hur allied with the Keystone Cops and Robbie Neilson in the Buster Keaton role should ensure many classics like The Day we went to Brora and Seats? What seats? are guaranteed for years to come.

AltheHibby
27-03-2021, 08:42 AM
[emoji1]

Listen, I was only giving the general detail, there'll be task forces to sort out the specifics such as acceptable dress code, things like are corduroy trousers acceptable with blazers? If so traditional Hearts brown only? With or without turn ups? Are cravats acceptable? If so only in certain parts of the ground?

It looks like Mrs doctor Budge isn't going to succeed with her proclamations about transforming Scottish football, however handing the baton to the cast of Ben Hur allied with the Keystone Cops and Robbie Neilson in the Buster Keaton role should ensure many classics like The Day we went to Brora and Seats? What seats? are guaranteed for years to come.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

One Day
27-03-2021, 09:21 AM
It's also called the City of Edinburgh council 😁

Very true, Edinburgh's darlings

27-03-2021, 12:25 PM
Berra emptied by Stendel at the Oriam's back door.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-03-2021, 12:29 PM
I’m glad the rain is holding off... might get an optimal attendance for Protest On the Plaza...

Ardenttwo
27-03-2021, 12:31 PM

Think water would be a bigger threat that that lot of manky jackys than acid

greenginger
27-03-2021, 12:35 PM

Passed by through McLeod Street this morning and the banner has been taken down.

Booo !

greenginger
27-03-2021, 01:08 PM
Has the multi coloured pitch shambles had a mention ?

https://www.google.com/search?q=two%20tone%20tynecastle%20pitch

Garymcl
27-03-2021, 01:21 PM
Preston on sport sound speaking very well ( yes i know) went trough a list of things that have went wrong under budge ie signings money went awol through millions given by fans and benefactors etc he is raging things must change now he is very annoyed and worried or future of club again
Our club has been run stupendously past years compared to that mob 👍

Billy Whizz
27-03-2021, 01:25 PM
Preston on sport sound speaking very well ( yes i know) went trough a list of things that have went wrong under budge ie signings money went awol through millions given by fans and benefactors etc he is raging things must change now he is very annoyed and worried or future of club again

I wonder how many of the 97 players he said they’ve brought in, he brought in from his player agency
Levein at the Hearts game today for Sportsound, be interested to hear his response to this later

hibsbollah
27-03-2021, 01:32 PM
There’s a dirty protest going on at the plaza as I speak. Levein got the wrong idea and locked himself in his own cludgie and is refusing to come out for 94 minutes. Gary Mackay has donated his collection of medals to raise money for foundation of hearts, has made less than expected. Gary Locke rushing about muttering requests to female jambos who run away desperately screaming ‘nae chance ya manky perverted Canute’...All is Barry.

bingo70
27-03-2021, 01:33 PM
50-100 people outside Tynecastle protesting just now but more expected.

Incredibly there’s a banner saying Budge and Levein stole their club.

Barney McGrew
27-03-2021, 01:40 PM
Queens busy trolling them on twitter

“Pre-match| Good afternoon and welcome to Tynecastle as Queens take on Hearts in Championship action. The Jambos were recently in action in the cup, going down 2-1 to Highland League giants Brora Rangers. Full teams to follow”

Coco Bryce
27-03-2021, 01:43 PM
Booming out the tunes at Tynie as Neilson gets interviewed on Sportsound to drown out the protesters 😂😂

27-03-2021, 01:52 PM

Preston playing the Trump role to incite the mob to storm the building.

Billy Whizz
27-03-2021, 01:54 PM
Preston playing the Trump role to incite the mob to storm the building.

What did Preston achieve in his Managerial career

Kato
27-03-2021, 02:03 PM
What did Preston achieve in his Managerial career

He "glossed over" Craigy boys tenure as manager by saying he got sacked after "defeats to Celtic at Murrayfield and losing 5-0 to Livingstone". I'm sure he didn't get sacked for ages after those results.

Robbie insinuating the fans anger is a "hang-over" from last season, i.e. they are really angry because of the rellymagation thingmy rather than getting rammed oot the cup by a bunch of mates who work in a village together.

Keith_M
27-03-2021, 02:06 PM

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/webimg/b25lY21zOjVmNzA1YTc2LTM2MzAtNGVmMS1hYTcxLTY1NzM2Mm ZhZTAwOTphMmRkNWFjYS1kMDFhLTQ1NjEtYWJmNi1iYTI4MzY0 OTgzNjQ=.jpg?width=640&enable=upscale

Keith_M
27-03-2021, 02:08 PM
https://i.imgur.com/gxuM60O.gif

bingo70
27-03-2021, 02:15 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/webimg/b25lY21zOjVmNzA1YTc2LTM2MzAtNGVmMS1hYTcxLTY1NzM2Mm ZhZTAwOTphMmRkNWFjYS1kMDFhLTQ1NjEtYWJmNi1iYTI4MzY0 OTgzNjQ=.jpg?width=640&enable=upscale

Spent ages trying to work out why Private Piles at the back was holding a white microphone.

Turns out it’s the boy in fronts coat.

lord bunberry
27-03-2021, 02:22 PM

Nothing a good old fashioned baton caharge wouldn’t fix.

Bostonhibby
27-03-2021, 03:05 PM

Incredibly there’s a banner saying Budge and Levein stole their club.Jeez, it's their money that's been misappropriated, they'll see their club again but the money's a different story entirely.