PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown

BegbieHSC
23-03-2021, 05:07 AM
Off to the sheep, according to Keith Jackass.

Disappointed tbh - would have liked to see him come home in a midfield of him, Newell/Allan and Irvine.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/scott-brown-set-emotional-celtic-23775542

MWHIBBIES
23-03-2021, 05:10 AM
Good. Much better than them getting Alex Neil.

His home is Celtic BTW. Not Hibs.

Winston Ingram
23-03-2021, 05:37 AM
His ‘home’ is 100% Celtic, not here. He’s been there 14 years.

I’m pleased he’s gone there. He’s finished.

bigwheel
23-03-2021, 05:45 AM

He’s obviously not finished ..his performance at the weekend showed that . Wish him well - think it’s a tough gig, but hope they do alright - it’s good to see something different being tried in Scottish Football

Heckys Wheel
23-03-2021, 05:51 AM
Would’ve loved to see him back. Think we may be maxed out on long term contracts for ageing leaders but he certainly has qualities we could do with.

Can’t bring myself to hope they do well but had a lot of time for Glass and it is good seeing a club trying something different.

bigwheel
23-03-2021, 05:54 AM
Would’ve loved to see him back. Think we may be maxed out on long term contracts for ageing leaders but he certainly has qualities we could do with.

Can’t bring myself to hope they do well but had a lot of time for Glass and it is good seeing a club trying something different.

He can do an Eddie Turnbull, learn the ropes up there and then come down and smash it here ....

JimBHibees
23-03-2021, 06:12 AM
Is it as a player coach? Will be interesting to see if he gets away with so much up there he did as Celtic captain in saying that Graeme Shinnie seemed to have a cloak of protection from refs up there.

Brightside
23-03-2021, 06:14 AM
The last thing we need is Scott Brown. We have all the midfielders we require. We don’t need one on the cusp of retiring.

jacomo
23-03-2021, 06:35 AM

Seemingly he’s off to Aberdeen to play and also be assistant to Stephen Glass.

What have those two got in common? Hibs.

calumhibee1
23-03-2021, 06:37 AM
He’s obviously not finished ..his performance at the weekend showed that . Wish him well - think it’s a tough gig, but hope they do alright - it’s good to see something different being tried in Scottish Football

:agree:

He’s still a decent player. For a season or so he’ll be good for them on the pitch.

Yorkshire HFC
23-03-2021, 06:41 AM
I like Scott Brown - I just wish that he'd played more games for Hibs.

He's had a great career - I'm sure the coaching staff try and get some of what he has into the current Hibs team.

Heisenberg
23-03-2021, 06:51 AM
Stephen Glass has a poor record in charge of Atlanta reserves and also when in charge of their first team on a temporary basis. This is a massive risk from their chairman and seems to be purely about the link with Glass’ current employers.

I’d be raging if Ron was appointing someone like this. Scott Brown has no experience as an assistant manager and has been miles off it on the park this season too.

Stokesy's on fire
23-03-2021, 06:57 AM
Brown can surely do better than the likes of Aberdeen. But he is a fair old age Cormacks dodgy he isnt the big spender people thought he was..Glass is the cheap option. Alex Neil would have been concerning glad they have gone cheap

Greenbeard
23-03-2021, 07:08 AM

Disappointed tbh - would have liked to see him come home in a midfield of him, Newell/Allan and Irvine.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/scott-brown-set-emotional-celtic-23775542
I wasn't itching to get him back. We have a good enough itch in midfield already with the Gog version.
Can see him improving the Sheep though, for a season at least.

Clarence
23-03-2021, 07:25 AM
I think they’ll get a reaction out of the players in the short term and our run in to third will be tougher than some folk think. I don’t think they’ll be as successful as McInnes in the medium term and Broonie will do a Lennie and start blaming players.

Hibbyradge
23-03-2021, 07:52 AM
I think they’ll get a reaction out of the players in the short term and our run in to third will be tougher than some folk think. I don’t think they’ll be as successful as McInnes in the medium term and Broonie will do a Lennie and start blaming players.

I don't know about Glass but Brown isn't joining them till the end of the season. I'm pleased about that, because he would definitely have strengthened them in the run in, but I think the fact that a new management team has been announced will have a positive effect on their performances.

Now I'm even more convinced that they'll beat St Johnstone. The next 5 games are going to be interesting.

Dalianwanda
23-03-2021, 07:58 AM
I don't know about Glass but Brown isn't joining them till the end of the season. I'm pleased about that, because he would definitely have strengthened them in the run in, but I think the fact that a new management team has been announced will have a positive effect on their performances.

Now I'm even more convinced that they'll beat St Johnstone. The next 5 games are going to be interesting.

It might not have. A shed load of their players are leaving in the summer anyway & now their current management team know they are out of a job. The didnt get the new manager bounce at the weekend so nothing to say this news is going to make any difference.

mayo hibee
23-03-2021, 08:09 AM
Brown can surely do better than the likes of Aberdeen. But he is a fair old age Cormacks dodgy he isnt the big spender people thought he was..Glass is the cheap option. Alex Neil would have been concerning glad they have gone cheap

I can't help but feel that Brown wasted the best years of his career at Celtic. Made sense to go there for a few years with the offer they made to Hibs at the time, but once he had won a few league titles he should have been off to the English Premier League.

Stayed around to be a 10 in a row legend but it hasn't happened and I think now that they've blown the 10 their current batch of players will be forgotten about quickly enough. Never played at a major international finals either with his career falling entirely inbetween the 1998 and 2020 qualifications.

As a result of never leaving Scotland he has no profile outside of here at all, which counts against him now that he is looking for a coaching/upstairs job in football. Compare his situation with Darren Fletcher's for example. Brown hasn't made the contacts in the game outside Scotland so has to take on a bit of a dead end role at Aberdeen instead.

His decisions at the end of the day, but I'd say he'll have a few regrets in years to come.

calumhibee1
23-03-2021, 08:28 AM
I can't help but feel that Brown wasted the best years of his career at Celtic. Made sense to go there for a few years with the offer they made to Hibs at the time, but once he had won a few league titles he should have been off to the English Premier League.

Stayed around to be a 10 in a row legend but it hasn't happened and I think now that they've blown the 10 their current batch of players will be forgotten about quickly enough. Never played at a major international finals either with his career falling entirely inbetween the 1998 and 2020 qualifications.

As a result of never leaving Scotland he has no profile outside of here at all, which counts against him now that he is looking for a coaching/upstairs job in football. Compare his situation with Darren Fletcher's for example. Brown hasn't made the contacts in the game outside Scotland so has to take on a bit of a dead end role at Aberdeen instead.

His decisions at the end of the day, but I'd say he'll have a few regrets in years to come.

As a player I’d much rather have had the career Scott Brown has had than go to a mid table Premiership team. He’s earned an astronomical sum of money every week for 14 years and won 23 trophies, majority of them as captain. Played at the highest level in Europe absolutely loads of times, captained his country.. he’ll have incredible memories to look back on.

I’d take that every day of the week ahead of signing for Everton or West Ham or someone along those lines for slightly more money, especially when you’re earning more money than you could spend already.

Whether he could have pushed on to the very top if he’d went somewhere down there first is another story I suppose.

MWHIBBIES
23-03-2021, 08:30 AM

Brown couldn't play so I don't think he'd make any impact in the run in.

Allez Hibs
23-03-2021, 08:32 AM
Don't want him back at Hibs. We don't need to be paying good wages to ageing players. We are doing too much of that already. Will be interesting to see how he does up there especially without his protection from referees.

Jones28
23-03-2021, 08:46 AM
WTF is Cormack thinking? Pulling a Celtic player on big money and a coach who has achieved heehaw and isn't even head coach of the team hes coming from, pushing them together and telling them to go and re-build a team that will have massive player losses this summer.

It would have been a big enough job for DM and he would have bee there 8 years.

Good news for us though: secure third, have a good pre-season, pull in some more bodies and be ready to kick on next season while Aberdeen have a "transitional" season - you know, like the 4/5 transitional seasons we had between 2009 and 2013 when we ultimately got relegated?

Devonhibs
23-03-2021, 09:00 AM
I am sure he thought about all this and have to assume, likely for family reasons decided to stay in Scotland

1van Sprou7e
23-03-2021, 09:32 AM
Glass seems like a very poor appointment on paper, happy days as I was worried they'd get Alex Neil

neil7908
23-03-2021, 09:49 AM
Stephen Glass has a poor record in charge of Atlanta reserves and also when in charge of their first team on a temporary basis. This is a massive risk from their chairman and seems to be purely about the link with Glass’ current employers.

I’d be raging if Ron was appointing someone like this. Scott Brown has no experience as an assistant manager and has been miles off it on the park this season too.

Agreed. As a Hibs fan I am delighted they are bringing Glass in. He could of course be a huge success but there is nothing in his history to suggest he's got the skills and experience.

Brown is also a total unknown. There is zero correlation with being a leader on the pitch and a good manager.

Jim44
23-03-2021, 09:51 AM
I am sure he thought about all this and have to assume, likely for family reasons decided to stay in Scotland

At 35, I don’t think his legs would hack it in England. He’ll probably last a season at Aberdeen, then take on a coaching role.

WhileTheChief..
23-03-2021, 09:54 AM
A decent move by Aberdeen.

Stubbs had similar experience when he came to us as Glass has. Didn’t work out too bad for us.

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2021, 09:55 AM
Agreed. As a Hibs fan I am delighted they are bringing Glass in. He could of course be a huge success but there is nothing in his history to suggest he's got the skills and experience.

Brown is also a total unknown. There is zero correlation with being a leader on the pitch and a good manager.

There is if you look at what Gerrard has done at Rangers.

Unseen work
23-03-2021, 10:00 AM
I hear a lot a point Glass being a poor appointment, but is he any poorer than Stubbs and Mowbray were for us?

All managing youth/reserve teams and I can’t remember the others record for them being looked into.

He could be very good, I suppose we’ll find out.

In the same breath, what makes Brown more qualified than someone like Barry Robson who is already at Aberdeen and has been taking their youth team? I suppose that’s who Glass prefers though.

I really hope if they do get it, it’s at the end of the season as I think they’d fire them up and get Aberdeen a couple of wins

1van Sprou7e
23-03-2021, 10:03 AM
I hear a lot a point Glass being a poor appointment, but is he any poorer than Stubbs and Mowbray were for us?

All managing youth/reserve teams and I can’t remember the others record for them being looked into.

He could be very good, I suppose we’ll find out.

In the same breath, what makes Brown more qualified than someone like Barry Robson who is already at Aberdeen and has been taking their youth team? I suppose that’s who Glass prefers though.

I really hope if they do get it, it’s at the end of the season as I think they’d fire them up and get Aberdeen a couple of wins

Yep taking charge after the split fixtures apparently

EDIT: or maybe not, that was based off a fake tweet

neil7908
23-03-2021, 10:08 AM

That's just one example though. I could cite Roy Keane. Or Alan Shearer, Tony Adams, Maradona etc.

And the likes of Mourinho, Fergie and Clough as players who's careers would never have hinted at the incredible success they'd find as managers.

All I'm saying is that not all captains on the pitch become great managers.

Alex Trager
23-03-2021, 10:20 AM
Some of the sheep saying they are hearing that Griffiths would be going North with Brown.

I really hope not

ancient hibee
23-03-2021, 10:26 AM
Some of the sheep saying they are hearing that Griffiths would be going North with Brown.

I really hope not

Griffiths taking over fitness training.

hibby rae
23-03-2021, 10:38 AM

I really hope not

That was the one thing that I was thinking about. Would like to see him here next season.

Thankfully the Sheep don't have a track record of trying to sign players we're interested in. :rolleyes:

EI255
23-03-2021, 10:46 AM
On a much better note, looks like LG is finished at Celtic. Wonder where he'll end up.... [emoji848]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Alex Trager
23-03-2021, 10:54 AM
That was the one thing that I was thinking about. Would like to see him here next season.

Thankfully the Sheep don't have a track record of trying to sign players we're interested in. :rolleyes:

I really hope he doesn’t go north haha

mal
23-03-2021, 10:58 AM

With the budget deployed by the Rangers I'd have said that two trophyless seasons, reaching only one domestic cup final out of 5, isn't that spectacular. There's no doubt that they've absolutely dominated the SPFL this season but Celtic's implosion has been a major factor in that, along with the COVID-related financial problems endured by teams less able or prepared to take a hit.

Northernhibee
23-03-2021, 12:00 PM

I really hope not

It’s almost become one of those Stokes-esque signings that could go either way tbh. I’d prefer him to come here as I think he’d be looked after better and there’d be less pressure on him.

Steve88
23-03-2021, 12:27 PM

What is it with Hibs fans wanting Easter Road to become a retirement home for former players past their peak - We should always be looking to bleed in youth with experienced players in their prime.

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2021, 12:33 PM
With the budget deployed by the Rangers I'd have said that two trophyless seasons, reaching only one domestic cup final out of 5, isn't that spectacular. There's no doubt that they've absolutely dominated the SPFL this season but Celtic's implosion has been a major factor in that, along with the COVID-related financial problems endured by teams less able or prepared to take a hit.

That’s what’s wrong with today’s game, it takes time to come in a rebuild a squad and then get that squad to play the way the manager wants them too, time that all too often is not given by fans, media and club heirachy. Gerrard has taken time sure but he’s been given that time and built a very decent team.

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2021, 12:34 PM
That's just one example though. I could cite Roy Keane. Or Alan Shearer, Tony Adams, Maradona etc.

And the likes of Mourinho, Fergie and Clough as players who's careers would never have hinted at the incredible success they'd find as managers.

All I'm saying is that not all captains on the pitch become great managers.

I know it’s one example but you said there was no correlation, there is ,no matter how small the percentage.

Lendo
23-03-2021, 12:40 PM
What is it with Hibs fans wanting Easter Road to become a retirement home for former players past their peak - We should always be looking to bleed in youth with experienced players in their prime.

I find it bizarre as well. We seems to have an obsession with bringing and I really don't get it at all.

EI255
23-03-2021, 12:43 PM
Rather talk LG than SB.

Lendo
23-03-2021, 12:45 PM
As a player I’d much rather have had the career Scott Brown has had than go to a mid table Premiership team. He’s earned an astronomical sum of money every week for 14 years and won 23 trophies, majority of them as captain. Played at the highest level in Europe absolutely loads of times, captained his country.. he’ll have incredible memories to look back on.

I’d take that every day of the week ahead of signing for Everton or West Ham or someone along those lines for slightly more money, especially when you’re earning more money than you could spend already.

Whether he could have pushed on to the very top if he’d went somewhere down there first is another story I suppose.

I wonder if John McGinn would agree with that? If I was McGinn I would be looking at Scott Brown and seeing the route I wouldn't want my career to take. Might not win as many medals as Brown but your playing against the best in the world week in week out, not Hamilton and Ross County four times a season.

Depends on the individuals attitude. Stay a Big Fish in a wee pond, or take the leap and try to take on the challenge of playing against some of the best in the world.

nonshinyfinish
23-03-2021, 12:47 PM
I know it’s one example but you said there was no correlation, there is ,no matter how small the percentage.

"No correlation" doesn't mean "no examples", it's a measure of the overall relationship between two variables. A single example in either direction doesn't tell you anything about correlation.

(FWIW, if it was possible to quantify and plot 'leadership on the pitch' vs 'success as a manager', I think it's pretty unlikely that the correlation would come out as exactly zero. But it's still the case that you can have examples like Gerrard but still have a negative or zero correlation overall. And of course causality is another matter.)

JimBHibees
23-03-2021, 01:13 PM

Would imagine he will have zero regrets about his highly successful playing career

jacomo
23-03-2021, 02:15 PM
On a much better note, looks like LG is finished at Celtic. Wonder where he'll end up.... [emoji848]

I would love Leigh Griffiths back at ER.

Roxyhibee
23-03-2021, 02:57 PM
Nothing would boost Leigh at this stage of his career more than coming back home to Easter Road. I’m saying that with a genuine viewpoint as well as a fan.

Crunchie
23-03-2021, 03:37 PM
I like Scott Brown - I just wish that he'd played more games for Hibs.

He's had a great career - I'm sure the coaching staff try and get some of what he has into the current Hibs team.

I wish he'd done a SJM and not been in a rush to join one of the ugly sisters, I'm certain he could have made it down there. The box to box midfielder who left us was a phenomenal talent.

danhibees1875
23-03-2021, 03:39 PM
I wish he'd done a SJM and not been in a rush to join one of the ugly sisters, I'm certain he could have made it down there. The box to box midfielder who left us was a phenomenal talent.

I'd generally be inclined to agree with that argument but I'm not sure it holds up in the case of Scott brown... He's had a tremendous career at Celtic, I don't think he'd have been better going South.

Crunchie
23-03-2021, 03:45 PM
I'd generally be inclined to agree with that argument but I'm not sure it holds up in the case of Scott brown... He's had a tremendous career at Celtic, I don't think he'd have been better going South.
I'm not talking in terms of trophy wins, he obviously wouldn't have won anything like he has, but in terms of prestige and playing on a different level to what he has with Celtic. I think he'll be wondering 'what if' a few times himself after he retires, if he hasn't already.

Greencore
23-03-2021, 03:51 PM
We would never have got the fee we did for him if he went down south. Would take him back as a player coach (player)for a season only.

weecounty hibby
23-03-2021, 03:52 PM
I'm not talking in terms of trophy wins, he obviously wouldn't have won anything like he has, but in terms of prestige and playing on a different level to what he has with Celtic. I think he'll be wondering 'what if' a few times himself after he retires, if he hasn't already.
The only way he would have been at a different level would have been if he signed for one of the big 4 and played in Europe regularly. I used to think the same about his career but he played in Europe in the group stages more than most EPL players have, he has won more trophies than your average EPL player has. He has also probably earned the same as your average epl player as he has played at that level for 14 years

danhibees1875
23-03-2021, 03:55 PM

Prestige, but not trophy wins?

I honestly don't think he'll be remotely concerned with any missed opportunity other than not being the captain who delivered 10 in a row.

He'd not have won things down south, and being a long standing player for a mid-high premiership team doesn't carry that much prestige I don't think.

HoboHarry
23-03-2021, 03:56 PM
No-one ever mentions personal happiness with Scott Brown - if he had no desire to move away from Scotland then he absolutely did the right thing for both himself and his career.....

Crunchie
23-03-2021, 03:57 PM
The only way he would have been at a different level would have been if he signed for one of the big 4 and played in Europe regularly. I used to think the same about his career but he played in Europe in the group stages more than most EPL players have, he has won more trophies than your average EPL player has. He has also probably earned the same as your average epl player as he has played at that level for 14 years
In my opinion he was good enough for the top 4, and good enough to make the difference to a team actually winning a European trophy. the boy has had a great career, and was one of my all time fav Hibs players when he was with us, I just happen to think he could have done better.

Crunchie
23-03-2021, 03:59 PM
Prestige, but not trophy wins?

I honestly don't think he'll be remotely concerned with any missed opportunity other than not being the captain who delivered 10 in a row.

He'd not have won things down south, and being a long standing player for a mid-high premiership team doesn't carry that much prestige I don't think.
Who says he wouldn't have won trophies down south?

weecounty hibby
23-03-2021, 04:03 PM
In my opinion he was good enough for the top 4, and good enough to make the difference to a team actually winning a European trophy. the boy has had a great career, and was one of my all time fav Hibs players when he was with us, I just happen to think he could have done better.
He could have, but when he left Hibs no top 4 side were interested. He could have kicked on and eventualy signed for Man utd or someone like that but who knows. Again though he may have had a short career at that top 4 side and won very little.

danhibees1875
23-03-2021, 04:05 PM
Who says he wouldn't have won trophies down south?

I'll rephrase: I don't think he'd have won anything down south - certainly nowhere close to the amount he's won at Celtic.

Crunchie
23-03-2021, 04:06 PM
He could have, but when he left Hibs no top 4 side were interested. He could have kicked on and eventualy signed for Man utd or someone like that but who knows. Again though he may have had a short career at that top 4 side and won very little.
All conjecture I know, I'm of the opinion he would have made a difference to a top flight club down there and he'd have won trophies. I'm aware my opinion means zilch :greengrin

Crunchie
23-03-2021, 04:08 PM
I'll rephrase: I don't think he'd have won anything down south - certainly nowhere close to the amount he's won at Celtic.
Opinions eh, no argument with the amount of trophies.

weecounty hibby
23-03-2021, 04:08 PM
All conjecture I know, I'm of the opinion he would have made a difference to a top flight club down there and he'd have won trophies. I'm aware my opinion means zilch :greengrin

Same as mine!!🙂

Crunchie
23-03-2021, 04:09 PM
No-one ever mentions personal happiness with Scott Brown - if he had no desire to move away from Scotland then he absolutely did the right thing for both himself and his career.....
Can't argue with that, Harry, I wish the lad nothing but the best.

Biggie
23-03-2021, 04:09 PM
Good luck to the laddie, did well for us, did great for celtic and scotland.....I genuinely think he could have brought something to the party if he'd come back to hibs, but a) we probably couldn't afford him and b) would the current players be able to handle his demands to turn them into winners ...things could get fractious.

brog
23-03-2021, 04:32 PM

We really don't know who was or wasn't interested when Scott left us. Celtc paid us an enormous fee which is still a record nearly 14 years on, & basically pre empted any other bids. Personally I think Scotty was good enough to have been a success at the top level in England & I find it hard to applaud winning trophies at either of the uglies, that's not really an achievement. He would also have earned much more in England, not a marginal amount as some are suggesting, but at the end of the day his personal circumstances and happiness were maybe the deciding factor. He helped win us a cup & for that I'll always be appreciative.

Greenbeard
23-03-2021, 04:33 PM
Good luck to the laddie, did well for us, did great for celtic and scotland.....I genuinely think he could have brought something to the party if he'd come back to hibs, but a) we probably couldn't afford him and b) would the current players be able to handle his demands to turn them into winners ...things could get fractious.
What a ridiculously Jambo thing to say.

jeffers
23-03-2021, 04:34 PM
I heard a few months ago that Brown had reached out to us about coming back next season. I have no idea if that was something we were interested in though.

Hibbyradge
23-03-2021, 04:55 PM
Let's face it, the vast majority of us on here have achieved the sum total of two thirds of bugger all in our careers so I find the idea of people saying that one of the most successful Scottish footballers ever, made poor career choices ludicrous in the extreme.

If anyone was stupid enough to say to Scott Brown's face that he'd wasted his career, or anything remotely like that, he'd burst out laughing, if he was feeling lenient.

He will have had numerous opportunities to change his employer - every time he signed a contract extension, every transfer window that Celtic received enquiries - but there wasn't even a hint that he wanted to move.

His sister died in 2008 and being with Celtic allowed him to be near his parents, win loads of trophies, play loads of times in Europe and against the best teams, and captain his club and country. He's also a very rich man because of his career decisions.

I'm glad he stayed in Scotland and it's a real pity that there are folk who think so little of our league and players, that they think he somehow failed himself by staying.

MWHIBBIES
23-03-2021, 05:24 PM

They handled it pretty well when Alan Stubbs turned them into winners.

What exactly would Scott Brown do to turn them into winners? Same things Lennon tried?

Orchard_Hibs
23-03-2021, 05:53 PM
I can’t wait till brown challenges someone to a press up competition.

Since452
23-03-2021, 05:57 PM
I've not heard anything about Brown playing for Aberdeen. All the chat I've seen on Twitter is that he's going to retire to become their assistant.

ekhibee
23-03-2021, 06:02 PM
We really don't know who was or wasn't interested when Scott left us. Celtc paid us an enormous fee which is still a record nearly 14 years on, & basically pre empted any other bids. Personally I think Scotty was good enough to have been a success at the top level in England & I find it hard to applaud winning trophies at either of the uglies, that's not really an achievement. He would also have earned much more in England, not a marginal amount as some are suggesting, but at the end of the day his personal circumstances and happiness were maybe the deciding factor. He helped win us a cup & for that I'll always be appreciative.

I know what you're saying and agree with a lot of it, but lets face it, both him and Thomson would still have stayed at Hibs for a good bit longer if those McKay and Jackson hadn't got involved, they'd both just signed new contracts. Not disagreeing with you though, he could've been a success down south as well IMO.

Vini1875
23-03-2021, 06:17 PM
I think Scott Brown was a top player who we would have been fortune to have, but he is and will forever be linked to celtc. It would have been the same as when Lennon was here, a Hibs question or two followed what about blah blah celtc. better he does what ever he does away from us, we don't need the distraction.

jacomo
23-03-2021, 08:13 PM
Let's face it, the vast majority of us on here have achieved the sum total of two thirds of bugger all in our careers so I find the idea of people saying that one of the most successful Scottish footballers ever, made poor career choices ludicrous in the extreme.

If anyone was stupid enough to say to Scott Brown's face that he'd wasted his career, or anything remotely like that, he'd burst out laughing, if he was feeling lenient.

He will have had numerous opportunities to change his employer - every time he signed a contract extension, every transfer window that Celtic received enquiries - but there wasn't even a hint that he wanted to move.

His sister died in 2008 and being with Celtic allowed him to be near his parents, win loads of trophies, play loads of times in Europe and against the best teams, and captain his club and country. He's also a very rich man because of his career decisions.

I'm glad he stayed in Scotland and it's a real pity that there are folk who think so little of our league and players, that they think he somehow failed himself by staying.

:agree:

It’s ridiculous and tiresome.

jacomo
23-03-2021, 08:15 PM
I think Scott Brown was a top player who we would have been fortune to have, but he is and will forever be linked to celtc. It would have been the same as when Lennon was here, a Hibs question or two followed what about blah blah celtc. better he does what ever he does away from us, we don't need the distraction.

Scott’s got *slightly* stronger ties to Hibs though, no?

jacomo
23-03-2021, 08:18 PM

I’m sure family circumstances played a huge role in his career decision and folk continuing to criticise him for that just show themselves up as lesser people.

mayo hibee
23-03-2021, 09:34 PM

Of course, he could have done both - had success in both Scotland and elsewhere. Every honour he won in Scottish football he had won by 25 - the league, both cups and team of the season award. With his ability he should have been moving on to one of Europe's top leagues at that point, there would always have been plenty of time for him to come back and win some more trophies here later in his career if he wanted to.

I'm amazed that he chose to stay. For a player of his ability he is a real outlier in having done so.

Eyrie
23-03-2021, 10:01 PM
Scott’s got *slightly* stronger ties to Hibs though, no?

He'll always be associated with Celtc by the general public because that was where he played most of his career and won most of his medals.

Phil MaGlass
25-03-2021, 07:48 AM
Scott Brown and Leigh Griffiths off tae Aberdeen

Billy Whizz
25-03-2021, 07:49 AM

Have to pay for Leigh

Billy Whizz
25-03-2021, 07:52 AM

Have to pay for Leigh though, under contract

jacomo
25-03-2021, 07:55 AM

Big blow for us if that happens.

I blame Hibs fans who seem to revel in slagging off our former players.

:wink:

Heisenberg
25-03-2021, 07:57 AM

Not sure Aberdeen could afford Griffiths. He might not be playing often but Celtc won’t be letting him go for free and he’ll want a good wage.

Phil MaGlass
25-03-2021, 08:00 AM
Its just a rumour so dont look too much into it.

Hibbyradge
25-03-2021, 08:08 AM
Not sure Aberdeen could afford Griffiths. He might not be playing often but Celtc won’t be letting him go for free and he’ll want a good wage.

Most on here think we should "bring him home".

If we can afford him, Aberdeen can.

Northernhibee
25-03-2021, 08:38 AM
Leigh is another player Aberdeen are signing who is past his absolute prime though. Still a very good striker but their squad has few opportunities for sell on value. Good squad but all the more expensive.

Stokesy's on fire
25-03-2021, 08:48 AM
Most on here think we should "bring him home".

If we can afford him, Aberdeen can.

If Leigh had the choice of the souless dons or hibs we win everytime. Assuming Nisbet is sold LG should be on our radar for sure

Brightside
25-03-2021, 09:01 AM
Im delighted Aberdeen are going for Scott Brown and Leigh. We are looking and moving forward.

Hibbyradge
25-03-2021, 09:01 AM
If Leigh had the choice of the souless dons or hibs we win everytime. Assuming Nisbet is sold LG should be on our radar for sure

Maybe, but the discussion was about clubs being able to afford him.

If we can, the Dons can.

Stokesy's on fire
25-03-2021, 09:10 AM
Maybe, but the discussion was about clubs being able to afford him.

If we can, the Dons can.

They have just gone cheap on a manager and have wasted cash on duds like Ross Mccrorie, ojo, mcgeough and so much more.

04Sauzee
25-03-2021, 02:13 PM
🔴 Former Scotland captain Scott Brown signs pre-contract with Aberdeen in player-coach role.

#StandFree

Oscar T Grouch
25-03-2021, 02:13 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55258684

CMurdoch
25-03-2021, 02:46 PM

I suspect as the old cliche goes Peter Lawwell would be delighted to personally drive him Griffiths to Aberdeen.

However, I suspect Leigh will be sitting tight at "Paradise" to hoover up loadsa money for another 14 months.

About this time next season he will start making a play for Hibs and it's fans.

Unseen work
25-03-2021, 03:18 PM
No idea how he will do as a coach, but even getting him as a player is good business for Aberdeen.

Brown, Mcgeouch, Ferguson, Campbell and McCrorie is very good options to choose from

jacomo
25-03-2021, 03:22 PM
No idea how he will do as a coach, but even getting him as a player is good business for Aberdeen.

Brown, Mcgeouch, Ferguson, Campbell and McCrorie is very good options to choose from

One or more will leave surely?

Funso Ojo on loan at Wigan I think and will be back in the summer.

Unseen work
25-03-2021, 03:27 PM
One or more will leave surely?

Funso Ojo on loan at Wigan I think and will be back in the summer.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Ferguson leave for a decent fee and Ojo to get him off the wage bill

Suppose it all depends how Glass wants to play and his plans

Since452
25-03-2021, 03:34 PM
I've nothing against Scott Brown and he made Hibs a hell of a lot of money but hope he's an absolute car crash at Aberdeen. I don't want our biggest rivals for 3rd over the next few seasons having any luck whatsoever.

CMurdoch
25-03-2021, 03:54 PM
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Ferguson leave for a decent fee and Ojo to get him off the wage bill

Suppose it all depends how Glass wants to play and his plans

Fortunately for Aberdeen, Ferguson has a contract for another 3 seasons after this one..
21 years old and has played over 130 games at the top level.
Very impressive so vultures like The Rangers will be getting into position to make their move.
Once he is gone Aberdeen have rock all players of real monetary worth.

green day
25-03-2021, 03:55 PM
Not that fussed tbh.

I know he has confounded the "he's finished" calls over the years, but I do think he has been helped by having the right players round him and "light touch" refereeing.

I don't see him getting the easy reffing at Aberdeen, and I struggle to see how Glass is going to fit all those (generally good) midfielders into one unit.

Something has to give and it won't be Scott brown, so maybe Ferguson will leave??

inglisavhibs
25-03-2021, 04:06 PM

So they are adding a 36yo (or will be ) to 4 they already have. Not sure how they are going improve from this season in the midfield area. I assume Celtic wont play Brown against the Dons in this years fixture!

hibby rae
25-03-2021, 04:08 PM
So they are adding a 36yo (or will be ) to 4 they already have. Not sure how they are going improve from this season in the midfield area. I assume Celtic wont play Brown against the Dons in this years fixture!

They might. He scored a diving header for us when we beat them 2-1 in his final game for us!

Would love to see the highlights for that one again.

Onion
25-03-2021, 04:22 PM
Brown is good signing for them - just the kind of player and captain we could have done with for a European campaign. Saying that, not convinced the Glass/Brown experiment will work. Completely untried and miles away from the McInnes model.

MWHIBBIES
25-03-2021, 04:28 PM
Brown is good signing for them - just the kind of player and captain we could have done with for a European campaign. Saying that, not convinced the Glass/Brown experiment will work. Completely untried and miles away from the McInnes model.

What is wrong with the captain who got us into Europe?

Brightside
25-03-2021, 04:34 PM
I think Ferguson will be looking to move in the summer.

Since452
25-03-2021, 04:35 PM
What is wrong with the captain who got us into Europe?

That's a good point to be honest. Lots of folk, myself included have alluded to us getting a new captian but our current one has helped get us to 3rd.. Maybe we don't need to replace ours.

Alfiembra
25-03-2021, 04:43 PM
Hearing from a few of my Dandy Dons mates that the rumours are Sparky might be heading North as well.

Hibbyradge
25-03-2021, 04:43 PM
They have just gone cheap on a manager and have wasted cash on duds like Ross Mccrorie, ojo, mcgeough and so much more.

Are you saying that they couldn't afford him?

Also, have you seen our financial report?

Jim44
25-03-2021, 04:55 PM
Hearing from a few of my Dandy Dons mates that the rumours are Sparky might be heading North as well.

If Roy Keane goes to Parkhead, I can’t see Griffiths and him getting on at all. If money talks and he wants to stay in Scotland, I can’t see him going anywhere other than Aberdeen. There again, he might go for a last big pay day in England.

basehibby
25-03-2021, 04:59 PM

Now THAT would annoy me

B.H.F.C
25-03-2021, 05:07 PM
If Roy Keane goes to Parkhead, I can’t see Griffiths and him getting on at all. If money talks and he wants to stay in Scotland, I can’t see him going anywhere other than Aberdeen. There again, he might go for a last big pay day in England.

Can’t see anyone offering Griffiths a big pay day to be honest. I struggle to see him getting back to anywhere near what he’s capable of. He’ll have the odd appearance where he looks like he might get back but then it’s only so long before something else crops up to stop him.

Kaiser1962
25-03-2021, 05:29 PM
I suspect he may pick up a few red cards next season.

Stokesy's on fire
25-03-2021, 05:30 PM
Are you saying that they couldn't afford him?

Also, have you seen our financial report?

Aberdeens finances last reported were pretty grim as well. On the grand scheme of things hibs recent report is far better than i expected it to be.

Hibbyradge
25-03-2021, 05:49 PM
Aberdeens finances last reported were pretty grim as well. On the grand scheme of things hibs recent report is far better than i expected it to be.

You agree Aberdeen could afford him. That's what my point has been from the start.

WhileTheChief..
25-03-2021, 05:52 PM
I've nothing against Scott Brown and he made Hibs a hell of a lot of money but hope he's an absolute car crash at Aberdeen. I don't want our biggest rivals for 3rd over the next few seasons having any luck whatsoever.

It’s a tricky one.

If we want to try and push for 2nd we need Aberdeen to take some points off the OF whilst slipping up at Ross Co or whoever!

I don’t mind Aberdeen, if we break away in a top 4 and fight it out with them each year for 3rd I’d be pretty chuffed.

ancient hibee
25-03-2021, 06:08 PM
Do you think anyone in England would be bothered to sign a player that couldn’t be bothered to get himself fit enough to do a pre season?

Orchard_Hibs
25-03-2021, 06:35 PM
Wonder if brown will move up to Aberdeen or just go up there for a couple of training session a week and keep living in Edinburgh? Would imagine his legs will only get worse if he doesn’t move up there.

Jim44
25-03-2021, 07:34 PM
Do you think anyone in England would be bothered to sign a player that couldn’t be bothered to get himself fit enough to do a pre season?

Would a Scottish club, for that matter?

Paul1642
25-03-2021, 08:07 PM
Would a Scottish club, for that matter?

Yes. Not 100% if I want him at Hibs but he would do a job int he SPL for certain.

Paul1642
25-03-2021, 08:08 PM
It’s a tricky one.

If we want to try and push for 2nd we need Aberdeen to take some points off the OF whilst slipping up at Ross Co or whoever!

I don’t mind Aberdeen, if we break away in a top 4 and fight it out with them each year for 3rd I’d be pretty chuffed.

I don’t truthfully see us coming second any time soon. Money talks and we can’t complete with the old firm. Would need a great season from us and a car crash from one of the old firm.

heretoday
25-03-2021, 08:36 PM
Great move for Brown. I still hold out hope that he comes to Hibs at some point.
But he'll be hoping for higher things I'm sure.

KingPat4
25-03-2021, 09:27 PM
Not that bothered about Brown TBH, he'll be playing in a very average side. As for Leigh, I hope he sits it out and takes the cash, before returning to ER next year.

CMurdoch
25-03-2021, 09:51 PM
Not that bothered about Brown TBH, he'll be playing in a very average side. As for Leigh, I hope he sits it out and takes the cash, before returning to ER next year.

Leigh has managed 656 minutes of League football this season.
When the going gets tough .......... dedicated athlete Leigh isn't fit.

KingPat4
25-03-2021, 10:13 PM
Leigh has managed 656 minutes of League football this season.
When the going gets tough .......... dedicated athlete Leigh isn't fit.

Could it be that he does not want to be at Celtic? There must be some on here who know Leigh and what his thoughts are.

CMurdoch
25-03-2021, 11:15 PM
Could it be that he does not want to be at Celtic? There must be some on here who know Leigh and what his thoughts are.

Nah, he just isn't very responsible. Can't discipline himself to do what is required to play at a big club.

Played 879 minutes last season and 571 minutes the season before.
10 full games would be 900 minutes so he hasn't managed that in the last 3 seasons which is pathetic given his ability

Jamie Murphy has already played almost 1200 minutes for Hibs this season despite joining us after the season had started and is not allowed to play against Rangers and folk on here are concerned about his lack of playing time.

heretoday
25-03-2021, 11:27 PM
Nah, he just isn't very responsible. Can't discipline himself to do what is required to play at a big club.

10 full games would be 900 minutes so he hasn't managed that in the last 3 seasons which is pathetic given his ability

Jamie Murphy has already played almost 1200 minutes for Hibs this season despite joining us after the season had started and is not allowed to play against Rangers and folk on here are concerned about his lack of playing time.

Good research.....................Respect!

MWHIBBIES
26-03-2021, 05:10 AM

Yep. This 1000%. Griffiths would be a liability. Like O'connor was in his second spell. If he wasn't affiliated with Hibs no one would want him. Can't be arsed with him and his baggage.

His home, like brown, is Celtic now. He can stay there.

JimBHibees
26-03-2021, 06:20 AM

Also disappointing when Griffiths knew the Euros was on the line this season

Viva_Palmeiras
26-03-2021, 06:31 AM
Yep. This 1000%. Griffiths would be a liability. Like O'connor was in his second spell. If he wasn't affiliated with Hibs no one would want him. Can't be arsed with him and his baggage.

His home, like brown, is Celtic now. He can stay there.

“Cant be arsed with him and his baggage” - do you mean his mental health issues?

COVID has affected people in different ways. Leigh already had a complicated setup before. And then mental health issues.

Who knows what impact lockdown had on his ability (initially) to see his kids?

I’ve seen and heard of people within teams hit a wall psychologically as we’ve approached the year milestone.

If you didn’t mean his mental health then fair enough.

I’ll make a wider point.

There’s a lot of talk and increased awareness around mental health issues. Although it’s interesting when it comes to the crunch - the time when it really matters - to see the actions taken by employers and colleagues, families and friends. Let’s say that reaction is “patchy”. Ive seen people put on personal improvement plans - like that’s gonna help...

Some folks are suffering in silence others are sharing or speaking out. Football players are no different.

Martin Boyle was out of sorts for a period - there was personal stuff going on behind the scenes.

Scott Allan - out of sorts for a period - simlar but health related.

Other teams - Shane Duffy.

Players are not machines.

Hibernia&Alba
26-03-2021, 06:59 AM
I would have welcomed Broony as player coach, at the right price. He won't play every game for Aberdeen, but could prove invaluable in the right circumstances. As a coach he will have the respect of the players, so there are plenty of positives.

Clarence
26-03-2021, 07:23 AM
I can’t wait till brown challenges someone to a press up competition.

This will happen.

neil7908
26-03-2021, 08:20 AM
Aberdeen's problem is scoring goals and Brown certainly won't help with that. If they sign Leigh I'll be much, much more worried.

ekhibee
26-03-2021, 09:41 AM
“Cant be arsed with him and his baggage” - do you mean his mental health issues?

COVID has affected people in different ways. Leigh already had a complicated setup before. And then mental health issues.

I’ve seen and heard of people within teams hit a wall psychologically as we’ve approached the year milestone.

I’ll make a wider point.

There’s a lot of talk and increased awareness around mental health issues. Although it’s interesting when it comes to the crunch - the time when it really matters - to see the actions taken by employers and colleagues, families and friends. Let’s say that reaction is “patchy”. Ive seen people put on personal improvement plans - like that’s gonna help...

Some folks are suffering in silence others are sharing or speaking out. Football players are no different.

Martin Boyle was out of sorts for a period - there was personal stuff going on behind the scenes.

All very valid points, and I totally agree as well, but the person you were replying to just likes to make random comments to provoke a response, I wouldn't read too much into anything he says.

Orchard_Hibs
26-03-2021, 09:47 AM
This will happen.

Brown v Kamberi winner play Collins

Unseen work
26-03-2021, 09:52 AM
I’d take Griffiths back without a second thought.

When I’ve seen him this season I don’t think he looks unfit. Lennon has also changed his mind on him about 5 times whether he is fit or not to suit his agenda.

Griffiths back and playing games would get him fit and he would score plenty, even if only 70% fit.

I’ve never heard of him being a problem in training.

CMurdoch
26-03-2021, 09:58 AM
Aberdeen's problem is scoring goals and Brown certainly won't help with that. If they sign Leigh I'll be much, much more worried.

Celtic would love to move Leigh on however, I suspect the only chance of Leigh going anywhere is on loan next season with Celtic looking to cover as much of his wage as possible.
I don't know what his wage is but let's say for arguments sake say he is on £10k a week which equates to £520k a season.
Brown knows him well and could be of the opinion that he could solve Aberdeen's scoring problem and is worth the risk for Aberdeen.
Celtic might be willing to rent him to Aberdeen for £260k for the season and by so doing take a hit of £260k rather than the whole thing if Leigh stays at Celtic for the final year of his contract.
Alternatively Brown, a dedicated professional, might equally be of the opinion that Leigh isn't worth the likely hassle and expense or that he is too far gone.

Would Hibs pay £260k for a year of Leigh?
Ross runs a tight ship but the chance to have a player able to change any game with a goal would be tempting especially in this European season.
Hibs badly need to sell season tickets. Would the signing of Leigh be paid for by folk who might not otherwise buy a season ticket?
Would Leigh train hard all season and be disciplined off the park with his diet etc or would he still be eating monster munch, posting drivel on social media and making endless excuses?
A conundrum of epic proportions.

P.S. it's not looking like Kennedy is going to play hiim. Read into that what you will.

MWHIBBIES
26-03-2021, 11:40 AM
All very valid points, and I totally agree as well, but the person you were replying to just likes to make random comments to provoke a response, I wouldn't read too much into anything he says.

Oh please **** off. That's just totally untrue. I post my opinion like anyone else. You can think what you like about me but don't post utter rubbish like that. I do not post random comments to provoke a response.

MWHIBBIES
26-03-2021, 11:43 AM

I’ll make a wider point.

I have absolutely no issues with players, including Griffiths, having mental health issues. I have battled them myself and so have many of my friends. My post was nothing to do with his mental health issues. It's all the other ***** like being unfit, the rubbish he posts on twitter, his off field behaviour etc. I just don't think he is very professional and I don't want hibs to page him huge money and have him **** us about.

silverhibee
26-03-2021, 11:53 AM

It's probably been made clear to Griffiths that he can find a new club for next season, Celtc stood by him and looked after him, zero return from him for that, if he sits tight he will pick up his basic pay and Celtc will make him train on his own and be nowhere near the club on match day, his only chance of a move down South will be if Lennon gets a gig down there, Aberdeen would be a decent move for him, probably the best he will get, think he has family in Dundee so not to far to see them, no more big pay days for him, good luck to him if he goes to the Dons, it won't end well, hope our manager is looking for more hungrier players.

WhileTheChief..
26-03-2021, 11:54 AM
Maybe being unfit, his off field behaviour and Twitter posts are related to his mental health?!

MWHIBBIES
26-03-2021, 12:01 PM
Maybe being unfit, his off field behaviour and Twitter posts are related to his mental health?!

Maybe they are, yes. Pretty much everything a person does or ever has done is related to their mental health. It is the foundation of a person.

I don't want scott brown because I also think he's a bit of a tit. That isn't being jumped on as me ignoring mental health issues. Imo, Griffiths would be a big risk and one we correctly won't be taking. That's it.

weecounty hibby
26-03-2021, 12:12 PM
It's probably been made clear to Griffiths that he can find a new club for next season, Celtc stood by him and looked after him, zero return from him for that, if he sits tight he will pick up his basic pay and Celtc will make him train on his own and be nowhere near the club on match day, his only chance of a move down South will be if Lennon gets a gig down there, Aberdeen would be a decent move for him, probably the best he will get, think he has family in Dundee so not to far to see them, no more big pay days for him, good luck to him if he goes to the Dons, it won't end well, hope our manager is looking for more hungrier players.
Couple of things in there. He did give return to celtic. 1st thing that springs to mind is the cup final goal and penalty he scored. He also came on as a sub at St Johnstone when struggling and scored the winner. There will be more. I also think that if he came to Hibs he would be hungry. What better way to get your mojo back than by playing for the club you love

ekhibee
26-03-2021, 06:13 PM
I have absolutely no issues with players, including Griffiths, having mental health issues. I have battled them myself and so have many of my friends. My post was nothing to do with his mental health issues. It's all the other ***** like being unfit, the rubbish he posts on twitter, his off field behaviour etc. I just don't think he is very professional and I don't want hibs to page him huge money and have him **** us about.

And so have I suffered from mental health issues as have some of my family too, not that it's necessarily relevant to what's being debated. Some of our very best players who've played for us have been 'unprofessional' if you want to look at it like that. Willie Hamilton, George Best, Riordan, Brebner, Stokes to name but a few. As far as Griffiths is concerned I couldn't give a **** about his off-field antics if he does a job for Hibs, and he's already proved that when he played for us. The other reason, and it's only my opinion, is that he is a better striker than Doidge, and I just don't believe he would go the same amount of games as Doidge did without scoring a goal. You might have a different opinion, that's your prerogative.

MWHIBBIES
26-03-2021, 07:25 PM
And so have I suffered from mental health issues as have some of my family too, not that it's necessarily relevant to what's being debated. Some of our very best players who've played for us have been 'unprofessional' if you want to look at it like that. Willie Hamilton, George Best, Riordan, Brebner, Stokes to name but a few. As far as Griffiths is concerned I couldn't give a **** about his off-field antics if he does a job for Hibs, and he's already proved that when he played for us. The other reason, and it's only my opinion, is that he is a better striker than Doidge, and I just don't believe he would go the same amount of games as Doidge did without scoring a goal. You might have a different opinion, that's your prerogative.

Right, but surely you can see it is a risk? Just because those guys have worked out (Best did not work out, he wasn't very good at all afaik) doesn't mean Griffiths would.

Griffiths is a better goalscorer than Doidge. Or at least he was. He hasn't done much in the last few years to suggest he is worth the risk IMO.

Magpie
26-03-2021, 09:01 PM
Wouldn’t trust anyone who says there is not a chance that Brown will join Aberdeen tbf

MWHIBBIES
26-03-2021, 09:02 PM
Wouldn’t trust anyone who says there is not a chance that Brown will join Aberdeen tbf

:faf:

I just didn't see it. Delighted I'm wrong. I think it will be a mess.

(I think thats your second post about me saying I didn't think Brown to Aberdeen would happen, I'm flattered by the attention)

Magpie
26-03-2021, 09:08 PM
:faf:

I just didn't see it. Delighted I'm wrong. I think it will be a mess.

(I think thats your second post about me saying I didn't think Brown to Aberdeen would happen, I'm flattered by the attention)

Wouldn’t be like me to live rent free in your head to be fair.

MWHIBBIES
26-03-2021, 09:12 PM
Wouldn’t be like me to live rent free in your head to be fair.

:faf: that saying is proper cringe, too much time on twitter for you mate.

You've mentioned me twice, it isn't me with the obsession. As I say, very flattering.

ekhibee
26-03-2021, 09:19 PM
Right, but surely you can see it is a risk? Just because those guys have worked out (Best did not work out, he wasn't very good at all afaik) doesn't mean Griffiths would.

Griffiths is a better goalscorer than Doidge. Or at least he was. He hasn't done much in the last few years to suggest he is worth the risk IMO.

Yep, I do agree that it would be a gamble, but we'll just have to agreee to disagree about that one. I suppose it would mean a change in style too, Doidge's best work in my opinion is when he's playing off the shoulder of defenders, generally making a nuisance of himself and laying it off for the likes of Nisbet. Griffiths has the pace and skill to leave defenders for dead and can score from almost anywhere. It's all about just how much of his ability is still there, so there is an element of risk, but one which, if it was me, I'd be prepared to take, but that's purely my opinion.

Lancs Harp
26-03-2021, 09:24 PM
Alcohol and .net is a dangerous combination people, take note.

I generally take a kilo of coke before posting. It makes more sense when you read it in the morning.

Magpie
26-03-2021, 09:26 PM
I generally take a kilo of coke before posting. It makes more sense when you read it in the morning.

To be fair I would happily be that way if it meant I wasn’t living rent free in a someone’s head 😂😉

Iggy Pope
26-03-2021, 09:28 PM
Scott Brown threads, like the Kevin Thomson threads did, and now probably to come, the Leigh Griffiths threads will, they don’t half bring out the best.

MWHIBBIES
26-03-2021, 09:31 PM
To be fair I would happily be that way if it meant I wasn’t living rent free in a someone’s head 😂😉

Yikes

Magpie
26-03-2021, 09:32 PM
Scott Brown threads, like the Kevin Thomson threads did, and now probably to come, the Leigh Griffiths threads will, they don’t half bring out the best.

No chance of them joining Aberdeen.

MWHIBBIES
26-03-2021, 09:37 PM

I believe it may be a cry for help. Hopefully the poster can find what he/she needs.

mal
29-03-2021, 09:20 AM
Aberdeen need a massive rebuild in the summer with a load of players out of contract at the end of May. If Transfermarkt is to be believed, they will have the following still registered at that point:

1 defender - 34-year old Andy Considine
1 right midfielder - Jonny Hayes, who will be 34 by the start of the season
2 wingers
0 strikers

Meanwhile, adding Scott Brown means that they'll have 6 players (including Ojo, who is currently away on loan) competing for the defensive/central midfield places.

So their new manager, who has no managerial experience in this country, will quickly need to recruit around a dozen players (assuming current players don't sign new deals). They're taking a huge gamble.

ancient hibee
29-03-2021, 12:59 PM
Aberdeen need a massive rebuild in the summer with a load of players out of contract at the end of May. If Transfermarkt is to be believed, they will have the following still registered at that point:

2 wingers
0 strikers

Meanwhile, adding Scott Brown means that they'll have 6 players (including Ojo, who is currently away on loan) competing for the defensive/central midfield places.

So their new manager, who has no managerial experience in this country, will quickly need to recruit around a dozen players (assuming current players don't sign new deals). They're taking a huge gamble.

What's the betting that a good few will be shipped over from Atlanta?

jacomo
29-03-2021, 01:50 PM
What's the betting that a good few will be shipped over from Atlanta?

Yes, quite likely I would have thought.

Jim44
29-03-2021, 02:12 PM
No chance of them joining Aberdeen.

Don’t bet on it. Brown’s there and according to Facebook, Griffiths is “heading out of Parkhead, with Aberdeen showing interest in signing the player”.

Allant1981
29-03-2021, 04:30 PM
Don’t bet on it. Brown’s there and according to Facebook, Griffiths is “heading out of Parkhead, with Aberdeen showing interest in signing the player”.

According to Facebook? A journalist? some random?

Jim44
29-03-2021, 04:39 PM

Posted by Glasgow Celtic Champions, so some random I suppose. Probably a lost of rubbish.

The 90+2
29-03-2021, 04:49 PM

Griff will be back at Hibs on loan next season and we will sell KN would be the obvious outcome🤙

Greencore
29-03-2021, 05:00 PM
Griff will be back at Hibs on loan next season and we will sell KN would be the obvious outcome🤙

Have you got an inside scoop?

Nicho87
29-03-2021, 05:16 PM
If we sold Nisbet for a couple of million and got Griffiths on a 2 year deal. I could definitely live with that.

The 90+2
29-03-2021, 05:20 PM
Have you got an inside scoop?

Nah just whats written in the stars.

PatHead
29-03-2021, 05:38 PM

2 wingers
0 strikers

Do Aberdeen still have to pay fees or backdated wages for a couple of their signings last season?

Billy Whizz
29-03-2021, 05:46 PM
Do Aberdeen still have to pay fees or backdated wages for a couple of their signings last season?

Good point, think Hayes played this season for free

Allez Hibs
30-03-2021, 01:13 PM
Thinking of Scott Brown with Barry Ferguson looking like he's got Kelty Hearts promoted as an SPFL side...

They became very similar figures for their respected halves of the old firm... captains, leaders and good players.

I would say Barry Ferguson gets more respect than Scott Brown. Barry tried the Premier League and got injured but ended up winning the League Cup with Birmingham. Was a very good Scotland captain who almost lead us out a group of the two world Cup finalists at the time France and Italy along with the quarter finalists Ukraine.

Anyway, interesting comparison and I think Barry speaks a lot of sense and comes across very well on the podcast with Si Ferry. Wonder if he will make a good manager for a Scottish Premiership side one day?