Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celtic have this very minute learned to dislike him again:greengrin

scoopyboy
21-03-2021, 12:01 PM
I don't like him.

Me neither, snake in the grass.

J-C
21-03-2021, 01:04 PM
Got a face you'd never get sick of slapping.

maturehibby
22-03-2021, 03:06 PM
Watched the game against Sparta and when the Sparta player exadurated a dive in the box Morelos went over and stood over him shouting down at him on the ground .
resulting in the player jumping up angrily to confront Moreolos
My first impression was
he said something very bad to him or was he saying that was one of the most puny dives I have ever seen
watch me son and learn

joebakerforever
22-03-2021, 05:03 PM
Last time Morelos was at Easter Road pre-covid, I noticed he was the only Rangers player who bothered to shake the hand of the young hibs mascot during the teams acknowleding each other, before kick-off.

OK he can be an irritant when playing, but he doesn't deserve the online bile that some think is ok.

WeeRussell
22-03-2021, 05:15 PM
I find Macgregor far more infuriating than Morelos. Aye he’s a wee d1ck on the field but he’s that daft and ridiculous he sometimes makes me laugh. I don’t think I dislike him as much as most (and that’s not just hibs fans)

I never find that fanny in goals funny.

It’s a shame they’re both good players that play for the huns.

gbhibby
22-03-2021, 05:33 PM
Did nothing wrong celebrating his goal. Did nudge Scott Brown a couple of times but Brown did not take the bait.

Garymcl
22-03-2021, 05:39 PM
He will miss our game at Ibrox he’s suspended

CMurdoch
22-03-2021, 06:24 PM
He will miss our game at Ibrox he’s suspended

That's a result

WestCoastHibby
22-03-2021, 07:18 PM
Last time Morelos was at Easter Road pre-covid, I noticed he was the only Rangers player who bothered to shake the hand of the young hibs mascot during the teams acknowleding each other, before kick-off.

OK he can be an irritant when playing, but he doesn't deserve the online bile that some think is ok.

I'd agree. This thread for example. Embarrassing

bigwheel
22-03-2021, 07:27 PM

I agree too...it’s social media for you....and the tribal nature of football. Creates extreme views. People see someone on the football pitch and think they know their character ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
22-03-2021, 07:35 PM

Why are you embarrassed?

Greencore
22-03-2021, 07:40 PM
He's a d***

3pm
22-03-2021, 07:56 PM
I think he’s a good player.

Lancs Harp
22-03-2021, 07:58 PM
I think he’s a good player.

He is a good player and he is a bit of a d1ck, he's the sort of player if he's playing for you he's a cult hero, if he isnt then he's a pr1ck.

Carheenlea
22-03-2021, 08:04 PM
Cracking thread

hibbysam
22-03-2021, 08:10 PM
He is a good player and he is a bit of a d1ck, he's the sort of player if he's playing for you he's a cult hero, if he isnt then he's a pr1ck.

On the pitch absolutely, off it he seems like a really likeable guy but doesn’t get the coverage he should. His charity work is unbelievable. On the pitch he plays on the edge and often crosses the line. As you say, the type you love in your team and hate against you. What happens on the pitch should stay there though, it shouldn’t form the basis of someone’s character.

dp00
22-03-2021, 08:12 PM

This ... all the hate he gets is exactly what we are trying to move away from

easty
22-03-2021, 08:23 PM

I’m not moving away from hating Rangers players.

Pretty Boy
22-03-2021, 08:36 PM
Almost all of us make judgements on players based on their on field persona. It’s less the case now with social media, podcasts, in house club TV and the like but for years it was largely the only way we really knew opposition players.

I’ve got no idea what Morelos is like off the park, there’s every chance he’s a very decent guy. I don’t really care though, I judge him on the snarling, diving, stamping character he is on the pitch. Of course that doesn’t justify racial abuse or anything like that, only an idiot would argue otherwise. A guy to be booed and jeered and to harbour an irrational dislike for though? I’ve got no problem with that at all. Tribalism and football go hand in hand. If you play for Rangers, there’s a good chance I won’t like you.

dchibs
22-03-2021, 08:40 PM
Even his mother doesn’t like him.

The midwhife slapped his mother for having such a ugly baby.

hibbysam
22-03-2021, 08:55 PM
Almost all of us make judgements on players based on their on field persona. It’s less the case now with social media, podcasts, in house club TV and the like but for years it was largely the only way we really knew opposition players.

I’ve got no idea what Morelos is like off the park, there’s every chance he’s a very decent guy. I don’t really care though, I judge him on the snarling, diving, stamping character he is on the pitch. Of course that doesn’t justify racial abuse or anything like that, only an idiot would argue otherwise. A guy to be booed and jeered and to harbour an irrational dislike for though? I’ve got no problem with that at all. Tribalism and football go hand in hand. If you play for Rangers, there’s a good chance I won’t like you.

I don’t think anyone wants the tribalism to go, and the good old fashioned abuse in the stands regardless if they’re the nicest person in the world. Off the pitch everyone should be given a fair crack at the whip.

chrisski33
22-03-2021, 09:17 PM
He's a d***

How do you know? Have you ever met him? Clearly he acts like a dick on the field but probably ok off the field. Plenty of tv personalities who seem nice on telly but are pricks off camera

22-03-2021, 09:37 PM
How do you know? Have you ever met him? Clearly he acts like a dick on the field but probably ok off the field. Plenty of tv personalities who seem nice on telly but are pricks off camera

He's got it the wrong way round then. He should follow your TV personalities example and just be a dick when the cameras aren't around. 🙂

Northernhibee
22-03-2021, 09:47 PM

Personally I’m really neutral about opposition players who stamp on our young players legs.

He’s a dickhead.

jacomo
22-03-2021, 11:24 PM

Fair enough.

Alfredo is a bit of a panto villan.

MWHIBBIES
23-03-2021, 05:09 AM
Personally I’m really neutral about opposition players who stamp on our young players legs.

He’s a dickhead.

Yep. Nice when it is easy to be nice. A thug and a cheat when the pressure is on. Why do footballers get a pass for their on field personality? If someone in a normal job acted like a total dick at work they would be classed as a total dick.

JimBHibees
23-03-2021, 06:14 AM

He’s a dickhead.

Couldn't agree more. The number of reds he has gotten away with simply would never have happened if wearing another strip. A lot of tangle of legs.

BT58
23-03-2021, 06:17 AM
Although he can score goals, he will never make it Big. Too much baggage. Hes a snake, a dirty one at that. The Rangers fans i know wanted him to go for mega millions but now realise that theres no chance of that.
B

Sylar
23-03-2021, 08:30 AM
If he can focus and calm down (which he has done a lot this season compared to last), he has the potential to be a great player. He can obviously finish, but his off the ball work is impressive - he's strong, can hold the ball up well and has great movement. Sure, he's a dirty ******* at times.

He does a lot of great charity work off the park too - he's constantly taking kits, equipment etc back to impoverished kids in Colombia and he has a charity that he set up to help families back in his home town too.

He's a player opposition fans will love to hate, and if it's for footballing reasons, that's fine. Some of the racist abuse the guy is subjected to though is nauseating.

Fergus52
23-03-2021, 09:12 AM
Absolute **** on the pitch, was shouting at the telly after he avoided a red for stamping on Porteous during the last game at ER.

However, as another poster said the charity work he does for his village back in Columbia really is commendable. Doesn't seem as much of a bad guy off the pitch. This video gives a good summary of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yBIlIkSdgo

As much as I hate him when he's playing against us, it's always good to have pantomime villains who you love to hate. Makes the league much more entertaining for me. Football would be so boring without players like him, Lennon, Hartley, Skacel etc.

Keith_M
23-03-2021, 11:44 AM
Why does his charity week excuse him for being a d1ck?

The Krays donated to charity but it didn't make them nice people.

...and no, before anybody starts, I'm not making an exact comparison to the Krays.

Saint Hibee
23-03-2021, 11:52 AM
Absolute **** on the pitch, was shouting at the telly after he avoided a red for stamping on Porteous during the last game at ER.

However, as another poster said the charity work he does for his village back in Columbia really is commendable. Doesn't seem as much of a bad guy off the pitch. This video gives a good summary of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yBIlIkSdgo

As much as I hate him when he's playing against us, it's always good to have pantomime villains who you love to hate. Makes the league much more entertaining for me. Football would be so boring without players like him, Lennon, Hartley, Skacel etc.

Exactly. Just imagine how dull football would be if everybody was "model professional" and we didn't have anybody to get wound up by. I like him. Or rather, I find my intense dislike of him to be entertaining.

Keith_M
23-03-2021, 11:59 AM
Exactly. Just imagine how dull football would be if everybody was "model professional" and we didn't have anybody to get wound up by. I like him. Or rather, I find my intense dislike of him to be entertaining.

I'm sure we can all get behind that PoV.

:aok:

EI255
23-03-2021, 12:45 PM
The man who brought THE worst EVER haircut to these shores.

He already looked like a pig. But, OMG, that cut took it to whole new levels [emoji1787]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Fergus52
23-03-2021, 01:21 PM
Why does his charity week excuse him for being a d1ck?

The Krays donated to charity but it didn't make them nice people.

...and no, before anybody starts, I'm not making an exact comparison to the Krays.

His work goes quite a bit beyond your standard rich person philanthropic donations.

The video explains it better but he basically setup, funds and runs his own charity which is currently constructing a massive complex in one of the poorest parts of Columbia to provide free football pitches, gyms, swimming pool, therapy, art and music classes to kids who would otherwise be kicking about the slums all day.

During the start of the pandemic and lockdown volunteers and employees of the charity went round the area delivering food parcels and setting up online and telephone therapy and mental health support sessions to those who were being negatively affected.

Charity work like that where the person is directly involved in the day to day running of their own project is much more admirable in my eyes than the odd big donation, most of which goes straight to the pockets of directors earning 6 and 7 figures at oxfam and the likes.

CMurdoch
23-03-2021, 01:22 PM
The guy who racially abused him online at the weekend has been captured, fixed and bailed to appear at court next month.
A 17 year old dafty. His parents will be very proud.

Hibbyradge
23-03-2021, 02:16 PM

I wouldn't be the least bit upset if there were no players who irritated me or wound me up. In fact, I'd welcome it.

I wish players like Morelos wouldn't behave the way they do. I want to watch football being played, not grown men behaving like spoilt brats, bullies or aggressive neds.

Footballers, not fools.

hibbysam
23-03-2021, 03:28 PM
I wouldn't be the least bit upset if there were no players who irritated me or wound me up. In fact, I'd welcome it.

I wish players like Morelos wouldn't behave the way they do. I want to watch football being played, not grown men behaving like spoilt brats, bullies or aggressive neds.

Footballers, not fools.

Football is entertainment. Entertainers come in all shapes and sizes.

Hibbyradge
23-03-2021, 06:25 PM
Football is entertainment. Entertainers come in all shapes and sizes.

They do. Spoilt brats are not entertainers.

hibbysam
23-03-2021, 06:46 PM
They do. Spoilt brats are not entertainers.

I find it fairly entertaining watching it most weeks. It’s hilarious when players lose the plot.

Hibbyradge
23-03-2021, 06:58 PM
I find it fairly entertaining watching it most weeks. It’s hilarious when players lose the plot.

As I said, I want to see football. Not spoilt brats behaving like fannies.

But I have to accept it when some folk say that they wouldn't enjoy watching football matches if all the players acted like adults. Some folk pay real money to watch WWF and I accept that as fact too.

I don't understand either.

WeeRussell
23-03-2021, 08:29 PM
Yep. Nice when it is easy to be nice. A thug and a cheat when the pressure is on. Why do footballers get a pass for their on field personality? If someone in a normal job acted like a total dick at work they would be classed as a total dick.

It’s an unusual one but football definitely isn’t a normal job and does tend to bring out different sides to people. The amount of people I’ve played against over the years and thought were right tossers, only to then get to know them off the field a little, or for them to play in the same team as me and my opinion changes.

I’m definitely more of a dick when I play football than I would ever be sitting in an office for example.

But you’re still right - it doesn’t mean Morelos isn’t a dick when he’s acting the dick!

hibbysam
23-03-2021, 09:00 PM
It’s an unusual one but football definitely isn’t a normal job and does tend to bring out different sides to people. The amount of people I’ve played against over the years and thought were right tossers, only to then get to know them off the field a little, or for them to play in the same team as me and my opinion changes.

I’m definitely more of a dick when I play football than I would ever be sitting in an office for example.

But you’re still right - it doesn’t mean Morelos isn’t a dick when he’s acting the dick!

It’s all about competitiveness. No one is really that competitive over their office 9-5 job. But come football at any level competitiveness takes over and people will do whatever it takes.