PDA

View Full Version : Phil Anthropissed Heading To Sweden

hibbyfraelibby
21-03-2021, 09:20 AM
It would appear that our pink chums are in danger of losing their bottomless money pit. He's leaving Baillie Gifford for pastures new in Sweden.

"Anderson is to become chairman of the Swedish investment firm Kinnevik, which manages the fortune of Sweden’s wealthy Stenbeck family and other shareholders."

Given his track record in supporting his local teams rather than boyhood heroes can we expect his millions now being directed toward a team in the Stockholm or Gotheburg area instead of downtown Dalry?

where'stheslope
21-03-2021, 09:26 AM
I'm sure we live in hope!!!!!

04Sauzee
21-03-2021, 09:34 AM
Dont think he'd stop putting money into Hearts just like that, if anything he'd maybe reduce the amount he puts in over a period of time. Im also sure id read he had guaranteed to put money in for an agreed number of years however i may be wrong.

ancient hibee
21-03-2021, 10:14 AM
It would appear that our pink chums are in danger of losing their bottomless money pit. He's leaving Baillie Gifford for pastures new in Sweden.

"Anderson is to become chairman of the Swedish investment firm Kinnevik, which manages the fortune of Sweden’s wealthy Stenbeck family and other shareholders."

Given his track record in supporting his local teams rather than boyhood heroes can we expect his millions now being directed toward a team in the Stockholm or Gotheburg area instead of downtown Dalry?

Don’t think it’s a job requirement that he has to move house:greengrin

The 90+2
21-03-2021, 10:46 AM
Why didn’t he just buy them instead of crusty puss? I really don’t understand that he’s giving them cash for nothing but Budge wants her money back and then still controls them?

greenginger
21-03-2021, 10:55 AM
Why didn’t he just buy them instead of crusty puss? I really don’t understand that he’s giving them cash for nothing but Budge wants her money back and then still controls them?

Don’t think he had the time or will to run the basket case club , but Budge managed to tap him for a bail out of their Stand shambles and he’s been pigging-up ever since.

Maybe she’s got some photos. !!!! :sick::sick:

tamig
21-03-2021, 11:15 AM
Budge said last summer they had a five year commitment from him.

Jim44
21-03-2021, 08:04 PM
They’re swimming in money and will be for the foreseeable future. Their problem is that they haven’t the slightest scoobie how to make best use of it. Tossers.:greengrin

jacomo
21-03-2021, 08:24 PM
He’s seen the ending of lockdown restrictions on the horizon and is running out of excuses not to meet with Budge. Moving to Sweden seems drastic but worth it.

21-03-2021, 08:41 PM
Budge said last summer they had a five year commitment from him.

About the same length of agreement with their other balding auld fella Naismith. Maybe they should put Anderson in team and Naismith in charge of the spending.

Baader
21-03-2021, 08:48 PM
Given the circus Budge runs over there I would be questioning my judgement giving her any more money if I were him. He'd be as well flushing it down the toilet.

FilipinoHibs
22-03-2021, 03:49 AM
https://www.barrons.com/articles/baillie-gifford-partner-james-anderson-will-retire-in-2022-51616231700

Billy McKirdy
22-03-2021, 04:49 AM
I thought this was about Benny Brazil 🥺
What’s this got to do about Hibs Filipino Hibby?
Have you been hacked?

ano hibby
22-03-2021, 05:08 AM
A laughable headline. Fund up over 10x initial investment since he took over. Completely transformed his fund & company’s prospects over last decade. Outstanding investor. Sure, a bit profit taking of late- may even continue but long term investors (alas not me)will not be complaining one iota.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-03-2021, 05:54 AM
Was this not the dude that someone had mentioned was to takeaway role in a Swedish investment house?

JimBHibees
22-03-2021, 05:57 AM
Was this not the dude that someone had mentioned was to takeaway role in a Swedish investment house?

Think so

Greenbeard
22-03-2021, 07:02 AM
A laughable headline. Fund up over 10x initial investment since he took over. Completely transformed his fund & company’s prospects over last decade. Outstanding investor. Sure, a bit profit taking of late- may even continue but long term investors (alas not me)will not be complaining one iota.
How much is one iota in £ sterling?

WeAreHibs
22-03-2021, 07:17 AM
How much is one iota in £ sterling?

Still not enough to finish the wongadome!

Dalianwanda
22-03-2021, 07:43 AM
https://www.barrons.com/articles/baillie-gifford-partner-james-anderson-will-retire-in-2022-51616231700

Another thread on him!?! This is becoming an obsession

cocteautwin
22-03-2021, 07:51 AM
It shouldn’t make any difference to the funding of HMFC. It was stated last year that he had committed 5 years of funding to them which one would assume is £15m ringfenced to be wasted as £3m for this current season and then £3m in each of the coming 4 seasons. Add in £1m blindly thrown in by the fans each season and it’ll come to £50m+ wasted on the project by the end of 2025. Ann Budge needs to work out how to extract her loan from all this mess which was over £5m last summer. Oh dear.

Stanton Spence
22-03-2021, 07:53 AM
Another thread on him!?! This is becoming an obsessionI'm not sure if the obsession is with hertz or the benefactor but he has started a few threads without a bit hibs content now

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
22-03-2021, 08:23 AM
I thought he was heading to take over the Swedish House Mafia funds?

Keith_M
22-03-2021, 08:32 AM
I thought this was about Benny Brazil 🥺

+1

I'm not really sure what this has to do with football.

The Count
22-03-2021, 08:38 AM
Did Benny score a Hatrick against Celtic in a winter friendly?

Peevemor
22-03-2021, 08:51 AM
Did Benny score a Hatrick against Celtic in a winter friendly?

Yes, in 1985. We won 6-3.

AltheHibby
22-03-2021, 09:11 AM
Yes, in 1985. We won 6-3.

2 penalties for Hibs and a ref from Edinburgh. EFA corruption at work!

FilipinoHibs
22-03-2021, 09:35 AM

According to a EN article last summer tge investors have put conditions on Hearts being prudently managed to continue receiving funds.

22-03-2021, 09:35 AM

He's joining the Swedish House Mafia?

Andy74
22-03-2021, 09:57 AM

He won't be heading anywhere other than for the odd meeting. He is being appointed Chairman of their Board which will be a non executive position and I'm sure one of many positions he will take up now he is stepping back from his day to day role.

CropleyWasGod
22-03-2021, 09:58 AM
According to a EN article last summer tge investors have put conditions on Hearts being prudently managed to continue receiving funds.

Investors? :cb

jacomo
22-03-2021, 02:09 PM
It shouldn’t make any difference to the funding of HMFC. It was stated last year that he had committed 5 years of funding to them which one would assume is £15m ringfenced to be wasted as £3m for this current season and then £3m in each of the coming 4 seasons. Add in £1m blindly thrown in by the fans each season and it’ll come to £50m+ wasted on the project by the end of 2025. Ann Budge needs to work out how to extract her loan from all this mess which was over £5m last summer. Oh dear.

No oh dear from Budge. Even her humiliations last year didn’t seem to affect her position. She gets to play at being a football big cheese forever it seems, no matter how many mistakes she makes.

Bostonhibby
22-03-2021, 02:36 PM
No oh dear from Budge. Even her humiliations last year didn’t seem to affect her position. She gets to play at being a football big cheese forever it seems, no matter how many mistakes she makes.And long may it continue, anyone who can get the maroon balloons relegated and simultaneously blow all that money on an unfinished single tier megastand whilst still hoovering up the fans money is the top yam for me.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

FilipinoHibs
22-03-2021, 08:06 PM
Investors? :cb

Yes that's how Queen Anne described them 😀

cabbageandribs1875
22-03-2021, 08:39 PM
i'm quite concerned that i haven't heard of any statements from Dr Budge since last summer ? is she ok :confused:

what was the final "scores on the doors" between hertz, inverness and sevco for the title of statement kings/queen

wallpaperman
22-03-2021, 08:47 PM
If I was rich beyond words, as a Hibs supporter I would be quite happy to put some millions into the club.

But despite my love for the club, I would still want some accountability about what it was being used for, what progress the club was making.

As had been pointed out, Hearts just appear to continue to fritter away both James Anderson and FOH’s money with little accountability. Maybe James Anderson is asking some awkward questions of AnnBudge, who knows. I don’t believe he is even a Hearts fan, is that right?

I actually think pumping money into Hearts makes him look a little stupid (and he is clearly the complete opposite of that), makes him look like a very rich man with just money to indiscriminately waste, especially if he has no real love for the club.

Hibee Mac
22-03-2021, 08:47 PM
I don't understand the thought process behind this guy throwing money at their club? So he's commited to pay significantly more than the full worth of their club over 5 years as a donation no strings attached and he's not even a fan?

**** me does he just have millions to p**s away for nothing

EI255
23-03-2021, 07:05 AM
He certainly hasn't seen a good return for his money.

Probably highlights the fact just why wealthy fans don't always want to put money into their team.

Hearts, however, certainly know how to pee it all up against the wall. They must have plundered millions down the tube. For what?? [emoji4]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

PatHead
23-03-2021, 10:15 AM

Probably highlights the fact just why wealthy fans don't always want to put money into their team.

Hearts, however, certainly know how to pee it all up against the wall. They must have plundered millions down the tube. For what?? [emoji4]

Now come on. They will be league winners this year.

EI255
23-03-2021, 12:46 PM
Now come on. They will be league winners this year.Oh yeah [emoji1787]

Eyrie
23-03-2021, 06:04 PM
Once lockdown is lifted, they'll want an open top bus parade to celebrate finishing thirteenth.

tamig
23-03-2021, 09:58 PM

cocteautwin has the post-admin spendometer totaliser. An incredible amount of money wasted. A competent owner would have had them challenging for the title with the gifts they’ve had.

CJHibby
24-03-2021, 12:42 AM
I think CL may have some pictures :wink:

cocteautwin
24-03-2021, 05:48 AM
cocteautwin has the post-admin spendometer totaliser. An incredible amount of money wasted. A competent owner would have had them challenging for the title with the gifts they’ve had.

The total extra cash thrown at the comedy show up to 30 June 2020 is approximately:

Anderson = £14m
FoH = £12m
Budge £5.5m

Factor in this seasons splurge during COVID and we are looking at close to £35m extra spent to achieve a relegation and a couple of shocking cup defeats to lower league opposition.

For Anderson's total, you also probably need to add in the extra £2m+ he was forced to spend on Scottish football generally after Budge's careless alleged attempt at a bribe to avoid their relegation. Add in ANderson's further commitment over the next few years and the whole cost is rising to £50m wasted. LOL