PDA

View Full Version : Man Utd Shirt Sponsorship

04Sauzee
19-03-2021, 01:58 PM
Just read that Man Utd have signed a new 5 year deal Shirt only sponsorship deal with Teamviewer that's worth £235m. That's £47m per year. Not sure if there are any stipulations that they have to finish top 2 or get CL football?
They have still to sign a training kit sponsorship deal.

Not sure how this stacks up against other clubs or their last deal but it shows the level of money these clubs attract.

calumhibee1
19-03-2021, 02:07 PM
Rumours that they are getting the old Adidas originals logo on an away top next year too. There’s hope for a return of our 89-91 tops yet!

CropleyWasGod
19-03-2021, 02:43 PM
Just read that Man Utd have signed a new 5 year deal Shirt only sponsorship deal with Teamviewer that's worth £235m. That's £47m per year. Not sure if there are any stipulations that they have to finish top 2 or get CL football?

Not sure how this stacks up against other clubs or their last deal but it shows the level of money these clubs attract.

I had no idea who TeamViewer were until this post. I know now.

Repeat this exercise 100m times around the world. Will that be converted into £50m sales every year? We will see.

Reminds me of an old boss of mine once saying "who the hell are Insave?" 😆

HH81
19-03-2021, 02:48 PM
Isn't teamviewer what scam people use to access people's computers?

Checked YouTube and can see it is. Knew I had heard of them from somewhere.

Hibernia&Alba
19-03-2021, 03:11 PM
It's the old story of mad money at the top of the game. 235 million for putting a name on your shirt for five years; talk about easy money for those at the top. I'm not going to go on a rant about capitalism and the state of the world, as tempting as it is.

Gloucester Hibs
19-03-2021, 03:29 PM

No scam as far as I’m aware, just a good free-to-use piece of remote access software. Used it for years. Use AnyDesk these days which is equally good 👍🏻

truehibernian
19-03-2021, 03:33 PM
No scam as far as I’m aware, just a good free-to-use piece of remote access software. Used it for years. Use AnyDesk these days which is equally good 👍🏻

That's true GH, however it's the preferred remote platform that scammers use to get access to people's computer to scam them.

Covid has certainly opened up this kind of platform though, Zoom, Teams, etc. will be the way forward for organisations who want to reduce liabilities, staff, and building rentals/space.

MikeyS
19-03-2021, 04:13 PM

I believe that is a drop of about 15 million from the current Chevrolet deal. Crazy sums of money!!

Renfrew_Hibby
19-03-2021, 05:01 PM
I believe that is a drop of about 15 million from the current Chevrolet deal. Crazy sums of money!!

Yeah I think it's a heafty drop from their last deal, a sign of the times maybe what with Spurs unable to secure an adequate sponsorship deal for their new stadium.
Have we seen the peak of the massive wages?

CropleyWasGod
19-03-2021, 05:03 PM

How do they make their money?

Peevemor
19-03-2021, 05:56 PM
How do they make their money?It's only free for private use. The commercial, not free, version has various add-ons.

It's fairly widely used by IT departments in big firms.

It's a great piece of kit and the guy who looks after our IT stuff sorts out most of our issues from wherever he happens to be working.

AliboyFC
20-03-2021, 08:19 PM

Aye that's how I know them.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-03-2021, 10:46 PM
Sponsorship is tax deductable no?

Sorry it’s late but ... https://caseron.co.uk/claiming-sponsorship-expenses/