PDA

View Full Version : Livi v Hibs

Brightside
19-03-2021, 09:09 AM
Friday and no mention of the game tomorrow? Are we all just fed up with this season? :greengrin

Any thoughts on the team and the game itself. Be interesting to see if Livi have the same push for points now they have cemented top6.

nonshinyfinish
19-03-2021, 09:13 AM
Be interesting to see if Livi have the same push for points now they have cemented top6.

Nailing down 5th place and possible European qualification is surely significant motivation.

Brightside
19-03-2021, 09:16 AM
The game is on Alba at 6pm.

Hibbyradge
19-03-2021, 09:18 AM
Gogic.

B.H.F.C
19-03-2021, 10:00 AM
Nisbet will come in for Cadden with Boyle going right I think. Can’t see any other changes.

number9dream
19-03-2021, 10:07 AM
I really hope we go with Nisbet & Doidge up top and get after them with a good aggressive tempo right from the start.
Irvine did quite well when pushed left midfield last weekend and he can tuck in a bit to allow Doig to get forward. Boyle motoring up and down the right.

bingo70
19-03-2021, 10:07 AM
Think the last time we played them there Daryl Horgan destroyed them down the wings. I’m not sure if their personnel has changed a lot since then?

I’d be tempted to play a 442.

Get Doidge and Nisbet up front together again, Boyle and Murphy on the wings. I’d probably go for Gogic and Irvine in the centre of midfield.

Cadden at right back.

Would mean Paul Mcginn and Newell missing out but i think if we take the game to them and get them on the back foot we’ll win.

Hibbyradge
19-03-2021, 10:13 AM
Think the last time we played them there Daryl Horgan destroyed them down the wings. I’m not sure if their personnel has changed a lot since then?

Get Doidge and Nisbet up front together again, Boyle and Murphy on the wings. I’d probably go for Gogic and Irvine in the centre of midfield.

Cadden at right back.

Would mean Paul Mcginn and Newell missing out but i think if we take the game to them and get them on the back foot we’ll win.

Paul McGinn hasn't done anything to be dropped and I don't think he will be.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ross went for exactly the same starting lineup as he did at Pittodrie.

bingo70
19-03-2021, 10:18 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if Ross went for exactly the same starting lineup as he did at Pittodrie.

I don’t disagree with you, I’m not sure he will be dropped either.

I don’t think Cadden has done anything to serve being dropped either though and if I’m wanting to get Doidge and Nisbet up top together again that means Boyles out on the right and somethings got to give.

I’ve chosen Mcginn to get dropped cos I like the idea of a raj gung ho approach and trying to win the game 6-5 instead of 1-0.

I suspect Jack Ross will be a bit more cautious though and I also suspect he’s probably right to do so.

Since452
19-03-2021, 10:40 AM
All about matching Aberdeen's result from here on in. Vey tricky game for them away to Dundee United. A win for us tomorrow would probably put 3rd out of reach for them.

calumhibee1
19-03-2021, 10:47 AM
All about matching Aberdeen's result from here on in. Vey tricky game for them away to Dundee United. A win for us tomorrow would probably put 3rd out of reach for them.

Match Aberdeens result tomorrow and 3rd is nearly done imo. Better it and it’s over. A big incentive for the club tomorrow to go and get the 3 points.

danhibees1875
19-03-2021, 10:51 AM
Don't find it easy to pick a team or formation these days - there's a mix of possibilities and I'd be happy with pretty much any of them.

Personally I like a 3-5-2:

Marciano
McGinn Porteous Hanlon
Boyle Cadden Irvine Newall Doig
Nisbet Doidge

But wouldn't mind a 4-3-3 either which also gets Gogic in there too:

Marciano
Cadden Porteous Hanlon Doig
Irvine Gogic Newall
Boyle Doidge Nisbet

147lothian
19-03-2021, 10:59 AM
I really hope we go with Nisbet & Doidge up top and get after them with a good aggressive tempo right from the start.
Irvine did quite well when pushed left midfield last weekend and he can tuck in a bit to allow Doig to get forward. Boyle motoring up and down the right.

My thought exactly, even if it means Nisbet has to come a bit further back when we don't have posession, he is due a start for me, and there would be nothing better when were on the front foot than having Nisbet and Doige up top.

Wheat Hound
19-03-2021, 11:10 AM
But wouldn't mind a 4-3-3 either which also gets Gogic in there too:

Marciano
Cadden Porteous Hanlon Doig
Irvine Gogic Newall
Boyle Doidge Nisbet

That's the team for me

CMurdoch
19-03-2021, 12:17 PM
Re Livingston
They have been weekened by the loss of two essential players.
1. Ciaron Brown, the big strong defender was recalled by Cardiff on the 31st January. No-one on here seemed to notice his departure but his loss has damaged Livingston.
2. Striker Robinson has fallen out with Martindale about his contract and is no longer being selected and will move on at the end of the season. He has been replaced by JET or as I like to call him, Tractor. The big guy has good feet but is immobile and is forever having the ball taken off him by wee nippy guys.

cabbageandribs1875
19-03-2021, 12:47 PM
there would have been a great attendance tomorrow (

Hibernian Verse
19-03-2021, 12:55 PM

Was just thinking this. We would have had the place rocking.

Hillsidehibby
19-03-2021, 01:03 PM
I can imagine what the queues would have been like!

Cat Stanton
19-03-2021, 01:20 PM

Cadden at right back.

So he did. It seems a hundred years ago. It's funny how quickly you forget about players, isn't it? Any idea how he's been doing since his move south?

Paul1642
19-03-2021, 01:21 PM
I can imagine what the queues would have been like!

And the seagulls

147lothian
19-03-2021, 01:46 PM
And the seagulls

Wrong league, it's our neighbours, who have to deal with seagulls at the away games

Moulin Yarns
19-03-2021, 01:50 PM
Wrong league, it's our neighbours, who have to deal with seagulls at the away games

When have hearts played Brighton and Hove albion? 😉

147lothian
19-03-2021, 02:26 PM
When have hearts played Brighton and Hove albion? ��

You wouldn't want to eat a fish supper queuing at the turnstyle at Arbroath my friend

Highwayman
19-03-2021, 02:31 PM
My first thought is that JR will start with the same team as that against Ross County.
IMO however he needs to find a formation that will give both Doidge and Nisbet a start and a midfield that can get the better of Livingstons midfield.
I can’t see any point in proposing a team leaving out Paul McGinn as JR has shown no inclination in giving him a rest.
I would start with Joe Newell on the bench and see how the game pans out and whether he is needed to be brought on.

I would go 3-4-3

Marciano
McGinn,Porteous,Hanlon
Cadden,Gogic,Irvine,Doig
Boyle,Doidge,Nisbet.

Hibbyradge
19-03-2021, 02:44 PM
You wouldn't want to eat a fish supper queuing at the turnstyle at Arbroath my friend

I think that qualifies as a whoosh. :greengrin

worcesterhibby
19-03-2021, 03:31 PM
I’ve chosen Mcginn to get dropped cos I like the idea of a raj gung ho approach and trying to win the game 6-5 instead of 1-0.

I like the cut of your jib, but I think you mean radge, not Raj..which is a name for the British Ruling classes in India. Or is this some sort of play on the old "Hibees Rule" scarf badges ?

bingo70
19-03-2021, 03:43 PM
I like the cut of your jib, but I think you mean radge, not Raj..which is a name for the British Ruling classes in India. Or is this some sort of play on the old "Hibees Rule" scarf badges ?

Cheers for clarifying.

In all honesty, I’ve never known the correct spelling so I tend to chop and change between raj and radge depending on the mood I’m in.

Tambo
19-03-2021, 04:33 PM
Would hope jack starts Nisbet and expect a tougher game I think from Ross County. Any way of 3 points will be big.

worcesterhibby
19-03-2021, 04:36 PM
Cheers for clarifying.

In all honesty, I’ve never known the correct spelling so I tend to chop and change between raj and radge depending on the mood I’m in.

From now on, when people start arguing about what style of play Hibs should adopt..I think "Radge Gung-Ho" is the new "Ticky-Taca" and should be our tactics of choice ! :greengrin

Since452
19-03-2021, 04:43 PM

Will be a normal home backing for Livingston

ekhibee
19-03-2021, 04:56 PM
£20 for PPV, don't really know how they justify that but I've paid it. This time.

Hibbyradge
19-03-2021, 05:01 PM
From now on, when people start arguing about what style of play Hibs should adopt..I think "Radge Gung-Ho" is the new "Ticky-Taca" and should be our tactics of choice ! :greengrin

You wouldn't want to see me going Gung-ho!

scoopyboy
19-03-2021, 05:06 PM

Did you really mean that?

I would drop Cadden, bring in Nisbet and put Boyle wide right.

ahibby
19-03-2021, 06:12 PM

He needs to be left alone to defend and let the attack civer the right wing. Lets do this !

Brightside
19-03-2021, 07:32 PM
Just watched the cup final. We are winning easy.

Hibeewilly
19-03-2021, 07:45 PM
£20 for PPV, don't really know how they justify that but I've paid it. This time.
Agree 100%......pure greed on their part:confused:

bingo70
19-03-2021, 07:54 PM

Supply and demand.

They know people will pay it, I don’t see the problem.

Will have spent a lot more than that last year when I went through so see us get pumped.

bingo70
19-03-2021, 07:57 PM
Agree 100%......pure greed on their part:confused:

Greed to me suggests that there’s someone making loads of money off it.

They’re just trying to mitigate massive losses by making what they can when they get the chance to do so.

I’m now wanting to sound like a Billy big baws and I’m certainly not flush just now but I’ll be buying it. Good luck to them, hopefully they make a decent amount off it.

Scotty Leither
19-03-2021, 08:16 PM
I really hope we start with the same intensity as last week and be at it right from the start. Hope JR doesn't "tinker" with formation/lineup too much, but if we can lock the door at the back, I think we will score.

3 points would really ramp it up for Aberdeen going into their game with Dun Utd (who still have an outside chance of Top 6) 9 points behind us.

Go to it, Hibernian.

GreenCastle
19-03-2021, 08:33 PM
Think he will go same starting team as last week. We dominated 1st half but didn’t create much.

Though taking off Cadden for Nizzy changed the game, though we need width against Livi.

The last game at ER we played a formation of 4-3-3 which didn’t work with Mallan in the middle.

We need to be wary of JET as he scored a good goal last week and full of confidence.

Last 8 games against Livi..

Hibs wins - 2
Livi wins - 3
Draws - 3

Before that Hibs pretty dominant.

Really important game tomorrow before split - will be a more important win than last week especially if Aberdeen drop points.

B.H.F.C
19-03-2021, 08:34 PM

They’re just trying to mitigate massive losses by making what they can when they get the chance to do so.

I’m now wanting to sound like a Billy big baws and I’m certainly not flush just now but I’ll be buying it. Good luck to them, hopefully they make a decent amount off it.

They’re the highest price in the league for PPV and their justification (if they needed one) was that they wanted to ensure there was value in buying a season ticket.

Don’t know how many Hibs fans will pay £20 tomorrow but it’ll probably be several thousand less than the number of Hibs fans who would have paid to get in.

bingo70
19-03-2021, 08:46 PM
They’re the highest price in the league for PPV and their justification (if they needed one) was that they wanted to ensure there was value in buying a season ticket.

Don’t know how many Hibs fans will pay £20 tomorrow but it’ll probably be several thousand less than the number of Hibs fans who would have paid to get in.

They’re also probably the club with the smallest support so they’ll need to make more than anybody else from this PPV. Realise Hamilton will run them close on that front though.

Greenbeard
19-03-2021, 09:51 PM
Eff 'em.
Golf, shower, lunch, rugby, radio silence/snooze, Alba for free.

erin go bragh
19-03-2021, 10:14 PM
3-5-2
Rocky

McGregor
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Irvine
Newall
Gogic
Doig

Doidge
Nisbet

lord bunberry
19-03-2021, 10:17 PM
Hibs win and I’ll not be paying £20 to watch it, god bless IPTV.

Hibeesforever
19-03-2021, 10:20 PM

In the midst of deciding if I pay it or not...massive game, so will probably cave in but far too expensibe

JammyDoidger
20-03-2021, 01:46 AM
After his goal last week, and his performance at livi earlier in the season nisbet has to start. Take Cadden out and get Boyle wide, Cadden couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo atm.

Unseen work
20-03-2021, 05:57 AM
For me it’s a really tough one.

We played very well first half last week and dominated them all over the park but never created too much. Albeit if Cadden scores after 3 minutes the game changes.

Second half County came back into in, pressed and pinned us back a lot more and whilst we never dominated the match as much, we created far more chances with the game stretched.

Nisbet looked really sharp, scored and will be on a real high after his call up so he has to play.

Cadden for me has been really good in that role since he came in and dominates that side. I think he’s really important especially against teams like Livingston as he’s quick, direct, physical and helps out defensively.

Boyle was off form at wing back but since moving to striker has improved greatly and been banging them in

So who drops out? I genuinely have no idea, I don’t even know what I’d do.

Doidge should drop out because lack of goals etc but for me we’re just a better team when he plays. The ball sticks up front and he’s willing to take the brunt of the defenders aggression which allows Boyle or Nisbet to drift into areas and score.

I have a feeling we may go 442.

........................Marciano.............

McGinn.....Porteous....Hanlon....Doig...

Boyle.........Irvine........Newell......Cadden..

..................Nisbet.......Doidge......

I don’t necessarily agree with it. I don’t think Cadden is great on the left however he may be a good distraction and provide cover for Doig, and Gogic has been very good Imo.

But I think against Livi on that pitch it will be the plan to press high and get crosses in.

I also think 3 at the back would mean Livi punting balls in the corner, stretching our defence and trying to catch us out. A flat 4 would nullify that.

Heisenberg
20-03-2021, 06:28 AM
3-5-2
Rocky

McGregor
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Irvine
Newall
Gogic
Doig

Doidge
Nisbet

That’s the team for me apart from I’d have McGinn in before McGregor.

mayo hibee
20-03-2021, 07:13 AM
So he did. It seems a hundred years ago. It's funny how quickly you forget about players, isn't it? Any idea how he's been doing since his move south?

Horgan seems to be a case of gone and very quickly forgotten. He's playing every week in a terrible Wycombe team. As ever he rarely plays the full 90, either starts or comes on as a sub. Both him and Wycombe look out of their depth in the Championship but both should find their level in League 1 next season.

Would have been useful for us this season I think, but given that he was on relatively high wages and the club may even have received a small transfer fee from Wycombe in addition to getting him off the wage bill, it made sense to sell.

Overall, despite one very memorable derby, he'll probably go down as another poor Lennon signing, especially given the funds involved.

JimBHibees
20-03-2021, 08:52 AM
3-5-2
Rocky

McGregor
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Irvine
Newall
Gogic
Doig

Doidge
Nisbet

Agree would definitely bring Daz in given how poorly we dealt with balls into the box second half last week. Take away that threat and they have little or no threat. Battling three points the order of the day.

wookie70
20-03-2021, 09:04 AM
Cadden, barring his finishing, has been very good. I'd try and use pace against Livi. They will easily deal with Doidge as most teams do but may struggle against the movement of Boyle and Nisbet Particularly with the drive and pace in the wide areas with Cadden and Doig. Boyle and Nisbet are also by far our most likely players to score so I want them near the goals

I'd go 532/352

Rocky

Cadden Porteous Daz Hanlon Doig

Newell Gogic Irvine

Boyle Nisbet

B.H.F.C
20-03-2021, 09:07 AM
Cadden, barring his finishing, has been very good. I'd try and use pace against Livi. They will easily deal with Doidge as most teams do but may struggle against the movement of Boyle and Nisbet Particularly with the drive and pace in the wide areas with Cadden and Doig. Boyle and Nisbet are also by far our most likely players to score so I want them near the goals

I'd go 532/352

Rocky

Cadden Porteous Daz Hanlon Doig

Newell Gogic Irvine

Boyle Nisbet

I thought Cadden had a solid enough start but he’s been disappointing in the final third. No goals or assists and not a great deal of threat from him.

Nisbet will definitely be back in today. I think it’ll be for Cadden with no other changes injury permitting.

wookie70
20-03-2021, 09:16 AM
I thought Cadden had a solid enough start but he’s been disappointing in the final third. No goals or assists and not a great deal of threat from him.

Nisbet will definitely be back in today. I think it’ll be for Cadden with no other changes injury permitting.

One assist in the last 15 outings for Doidge and he has passed up countless very good chances. Cadden could definitely have done better with his finishing but he has stuck some very good balls into the box and is far more a pest to the opposition than Doidge is. The only issue I can see with dropping Doidge is he is good when defending set pieces. That's why I would bring Daz back in.

B.H.F.C
20-03-2021, 09:27 AM
One assist in the last 15 outings for Doidge and he has passed up countless very good chances. Cadden could definitely have done better with his finishing but he has stuck some very good balls into the box and is far more a pest to the opposition than Doidge is. The only issue I can see with dropping Doidge is he is good when defending set pieces. That's why I would bring Daz back in.

Totally agree Doidge had been poor, I just think he’ll play. We were better last week when Boyle went wide and got Nisbet up with Doidge so I’d be surprised if that isn’t how we start today.

wookie70
20-03-2021, 09:37 AM
Totally agree Doidge had been poor, I just think he’ll play. We were better last week when Boyle went wide and got Nisbet up with Doidge so I’d be surprised if that isn’t how we start today.

I think he will play too and that Boyle will be pushed out right with Nisbet in and Cadden out. I just think Doidge has deserved to be dropped for at least 6 weeks and there is a formation that allows us to get our most likely to score players in the danger zone so why not try it. Doidge will score eventually as he is getting so many chances he just needs to get some luck and schlaff one in. That might set him on a run like last year but he is misfiring badly and looks completely shot of confidence when in front of goal.

MWHIBBIES
20-03-2021, 09:40 AM

Dropped Doidge away at perth, lost. Brought him back, won.

Should be playing. Influence is clear. Vital part in winner last week, won penalty vs Hamilton. His influence even in last few games has been important.

Iain G
20-03-2021, 09:42 AM

I would like to see us with Doidge up front and Boyle and Nibs.net given the licence to move off him into the space and out wide, with a solid midfield 2 behind them in Gogic and Irvine.

147lothian
20-03-2021, 09:44 AM
3-5-2
Rocky

McGregor
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Irvine
Newall
Gogic
Doig

Doidge
Nisbet

That's the team that I would go for dropping Cadden to the bench and bringing on Nisbet, I think it's important that we don't lose the midfield battle so I would like to see Nisbet dropping back when were out of posession then getting forward when we get the ball, Livi are also a pretty physical team so im also with you on starting no nonsense McGregor, to deal with the high ball's into the box

Eyrie
20-03-2021, 09:51 AM
3-4-1-2 for me.

Marciano obviously.

Porteous and Hanlon with freedom to carry the ball into midfield, and McGregor in the middle to defend.

Cadden and Doig provide an attacking threat. Irvine and Gogic work well as the centre pairing.

Boyle in a free role.

Doidge and Nisbet up front.

20-03-2021, 10:00 AM
£20 for PPV when you could just get hibs TV and a VPN for a month for the same price.

ekhibee
20-03-2021, 10:08 AM

Why should Livingston make any more out of it than Motherwell or Hamilton who don't charge anything like that?

B.H.F.C
20-03-2021, 10:14 AM
Why should Livingston make any more out of it than Motherwell or Hamilton who don't charge anything like that?

Why shouldn’t they try to make more?

I think it’s probably over priced but they’re entitled to charge whatever they want.

Big_Franck
20-03-2021, 10:24 AM
£20 would pay for several months of an IPTV subscription where you get every sports channel you can imagine.

Big game again today. If we can win and Aberdeen don't beat United 3rd place is as good as done I think.

Sir David Gray
20-03-2021, 10:26 AM

Motherwell and Hamilton (and every other club) were entitled to charge more if they wanted to.

Livingston are charging such a price for PPV to preserve the value for money for their season ticket holders, good on them I say. It's something I believe we should have done.

I think Livingston's approach is far better than Celtic's approach, who also say they want to preserve the value for money for their season ticket holders so they just refuse to offer PPV at all.

People don't need to buy it if they don't want to but I think it's right to at least offer it to people.

wookie70
20-03-2021, 10:28 AM

A score is quite a lot to charge but the real problem was waiting 45 minutes in an e-queue

Hibbyradge
20-03-2021, 10:35 AM
Did you really mean that?

I would drop Cadden, bring in Nisbet and put Boyle wide right.

Oops sorry.

I meant Ross County.

Allant1981
20-03-2021, 10:51 AM
However we line up I hope it involves doidge starting, yip the goals have dried up but we look a very different and better side when he plays

Keith_M
20-03-2021, 11:18 AM
Oh wow, there's a game on today.

:greengrin

HH81
20-03-2021, 11:42 AM
£20 for PPV when you could just get hibs TV and a VPN for a month for the same price.

It was £20.00 earlier in the season. Over priced yes but Hibs were excellent and it turned out a bargin 😁

Billy Whizz
20-03-2021, 11:43 AM
Oh wow, there's a game on today.

:greengrin

Complete lack of interest in the game it appears unfortunately

Think we’re all just fed up with watching on TV
Anyone good with stats on here. If we win today, will it be a record of away wins in a season?

Lancs Harp
20-03-2021, 11:44 AM
Just a reminder that the game is on Alba at 6pm.

hibbysam
20-03-2021, 11:45 AM

Anyone good with stats on here. If we win today, will it be a record of away wins in a season?

I read yesterday it would be, we’ve never won 11 away games. When your not attending games it’s easy not to show an interest until around game time. Come 3pm I’ll be buzzing to sit down and watch it however.

Peevemor
20-03-2021, 11:53 AM

Anyone good with stats on here. If we win today, will it be a record of away wins in a season?I'm really up for it today.

I've quite a lot to do this weekend and have been organising myself so that I'm free to watch the match.

I don't necessarily think that there's a lack of interest I just think that, apart from whether to play Doidge or not, there isn't much to say.

Bring it on!

Billy Whizz
20-03-2021, 11:56 AM
I read yesterday it would be, we’ve never won 11 away games. When your not attending games it’s easy not to show an interest until around game time. Come 3pm I’ll be buzzing to sit down and watch it however.

Suppose you’re right, I’ll be excited as soon as it’s on
It’s a lovely day, would have been great to be at the game today, been at many a game at Livvi, where it’s been Baltic

Lancs Harp
20-03-2021, 11:56 AM
The game is getting in the way of Hibs fans obsession with Rangers. :wink:

SteveHFC
20-03-2021, 12:03 PM
A win today pretty much guarantee's us top 4 and European football next season :hyper

hibsbollah
20-03-2021, 12:08 PM
Suppose you’re right, I’ll be excited as soon as it’s on
It’s a lovely day, would have been great to be at the game today, been at many a game at Livvi, where it’s been Baltic

Personally I’m suffering from too much football, Ive watched so much non Hibs games through the week, I didn’t think it was possible but i could do with less of it. It’s just not the same as watching a game in a full noisy ground or of course being at ER in person. I’ll listen to the radio today.

jacomo
20-03-2021, 12:18 PM
£20 would pay for several months of an IPTV subscription where you get every sports channel you can imagine.

Big game again today. If we can win and Aberdeen don't beat United 3rd place is as good as done I think.

Yes but that’s because none of that money is seen by the sports in question.

ekhibee
20-03-2021, 12:30 PM
Motherwell and Hamilton (and every other club) were entitled to charge more if they wanted to.

Livingston are charging such a price for PPV to preserve the value for money for their season ticket holders, good on them I say. It's something I believe we should have done.

I think Livingston's approach is far better than Celtic's approach, who also say they want to preserve the value for money for their season ticket holders so they just refuse to offer PPV at all.

People don't need to buy it if they don't want to but I think it's right to at least offer it to people.

I don't really know what Celtic have to do with it, I didn't even mention them. And I don't know how you can say 'good on them' either, they don't provide a better product than any other team. In my opinion Hamilton have set a far better example, not selling season tickets but charging a reasonable price for PPV. For me that's a much better system than overcharging people for the same product. All about opinions I suppose. I still bought a ticket.

147lothian
20-03-2021, 01:00 PM
A win today pretty much guarantee's us top 4 and European football next season :hyper

Yip it does that and I recon a win today and third place is ours, it will be a tricky game, it could go either way IMO but if we do get a win top 4 is virtually gauranteed and we are in pole position for third, bring it on

Sir David Gray
20-03-2021, 01:41 PM
I don't really know what Celtic have to do with it, I didn't even mention them. And I don't know how you can say 'good on them' either, they don't provide a better product than any other team. In my opinion Hamilton have set a far better example, not selling season tickets but charging a reasonable price for PPV. For me that's a much better system than overcharging people for the same product. All about opinions I suppose. I still bought a ticket.

I know you didn't mention Celtic, I was just using them as a comparison to Livingston's approach. Both clubs will say they are doing what they are doing in order to protect the value of season ticket holders. Whilst I think that is the correct thing to do in a general sense (which is why I said "good on them") it really leaves you with two options;

1 - Make PPV more expensive.
2 - Don't make PPV available at all.

I realise Hamilton didn't sell any season tickets this season but, having decided to put them on sale, I support Livingston's decision to protect their most loyal supporters and give them as much value for money as possible given the circumstances.