PDA

View Full Version : RIP Doc

IFONLY
18-03-2021, 06:26 PM
It is with great sadness that I have to inform everyone of the passing of "Doc", he passed away yesterday after a short illness. Doc travelled regularly with Twenty Sixteen HSC and rarely if ever missed any game. He will be sadly missed,he was one of life's good guys. Sleep tight mate.

CMurdoch
18-03-2021, 06:52 PM
It is with great sadness that I have to inform everyone of the passing of "Doc", he passed away yesterday after a short illness. Doc travelled regularly with Twenty Sixteen HSC and rarely if ever missed any game. He will be sadly missed,he was one of life's good guys. Sleep tight mate.

Sorry for your loss

Billy Whizz
18-03-2021, 07:19 PM

That’s sad to hear, condolences to his family

Don’t know the name, but probably know the face

cabbageandribs1875
18-03-2021, 07:21 PM
sorry to hear that

RIP condolences to all family and friends

jodjam
18-03-2021, 09:35 PM
That’s sad to hear, condolences to his family

Don’t know the name, but probably know the face

You would definitely know the face. Hibs could play on the moon and Doc would be there Terrible news.

Doc suffered more than the rest of us on the Anderlecht trip. He knew both lads and he suffered the media nonsense afterwards. Rip mate

Lancs Harp
18-03-2021, 09:43 PM
No one I know personally but RIP and best wishes to his family for a man who clearly had a Hibee heart.

Cod Boy
18-03-2021, 09:45 PM
Lovely man will miss his company on the bus and in the clubs before the games . I came across a video when we won the Scottish cup when Gray scored the winner the camera shows Doc celebrating with his son.

Stantons Angel
18-03-2021, 11:29 PM
So sorry to hear of his passing. always had a tale to tell and kept me company on the bus to away games many a time.

RIP Pal. x

kaimendhibs
18-03-2021, 11:30 PM
RIP Doc

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Earlydelivery
19-03-2021, 02:37 PM
So sorry to hear of his passing. always had a tale to tell and kept me company on the bus to away games many a time.

RIP Pal. x
Great lad was Doc .. craigentinny not be the same without him .

Gloucester Hibs
19-03-2021, 02:51 PM
RIP Doc

craigiehibs
19-03-2021, 04:17 PM
RIP Doc

a great guy who i spent time with at so many away games over many seasons. not a bad bone in his body and never heard him with a bad word for anyone. will be srely missed with his engaging smile. no a good gambler though bless!

Gorebridge Hibb
19-03-2021, 04:23 PM
Great lad was Doc .. craigentinny not be the same without him .

Not Alan D?

DIXIHIBS
19-03-2021, 05:21 PM
Unsure of protocol regarding puting peoples names on line. Did doc go to leith academy and is he in hiis late 50s?

majorhibs
19-03-2021, 06:37 PM
Yep

Earlydelivery
19-03-2021, 07:06 PM
Not Alan D?
Yes m8

Earlydelivery
19-03-2021, 07:07 PM
Yes
Unsure of protocol regarding puting peoples names on line. Did doc go to leith academy and is he in hiis late 50s?
Yes

DIXIHIBS
19-03-2021, 07:42 PM
Yes
Yes

Thanks for the reply. Was at school with him and lost touch like you do but then started seeing him at various away games. Was a good lad RIP.

Baldy Foghorn
19-03-2021, 07:46 PM
Sad news. I liked Doc. RIP

Iggy Pope
19-03-2021, 07:51 PM
Sorry to hear this, R.I.P.

Scotty Leither
19-03-2021, 08:06 PM
Really, really choked to hear this yesterday.

Doc was a very humble guy and I had a few laughs with him and his good mate Peter over the years.

A Hibee to his bootstraps.

Rest easy, Doc x

Gorebridge Hibb
19-03-2021, 08:20 PM
Not Alan D?

Was at Leith Academy with Doc. Great guy. Always remember him falling asleep at the friendly v Magdeburg in East Germany back in the day. We lost 2-0 but we kidded him on it was more and he gave Chris Reid a hard time back at the hotel when we were all a bit bevvied. Sad news ad he’s part of my school days and first away trips on the Tor bus.

Crunchie
20-03-2021, 05:39 AM
Very sad to hear, a good pal of my cousin Charlie back in the day. RIP pal.

Allez Hibs
20-03-2021, 09:01 AM
A great guy who followed Hibs home and away for 40+ years who will be really missed.

Forza Fred
20-03-2021, 10:48 AM
Never knew Doc but we appear to have a trifecta in common...Hibs Supporters, attended Leith Academy and lived in Craigentinny.

My condolences to his family.

wallpaperman
20-03-2021, 11:05 AM
Never knew Doc but we appear to have a trifecta in common...Hibs Supporters, attended Leith Academy and lived in Craigentinny.

My condolences to his family.

I cover all the bases as well, still live in Craigentinny, but suspect I am a little bit younger than Doc, not a name I am familiar with. RIP and condolences to family and friends.

majorhibs
20-03-2021, 07:12 PM
I cover all the bases as well, still live in Craigentinny, but suspect I am a little bit younger than Doc, not a name I am familiar with. RIP and condolences to family and friends.

2 of the best Hibbies you could find, 2 of my mentors from Craigie gone in 6 days. All a bit much. Seeing us getting closer to Europe will hopefully be observed by them above! It was actual the Doc taught me the 7-0 song when I was new at it! 2 legends!

majorhibs
20-03-2021, 07:35 PM
a great guy who i spent time with at so many away games over many seasons. not a bad bone in his body and never heard him with a bad word for anyone. will be srely missed with his engaging smile. no a good gambler though bless!

Mind Doc & me in mid 80s, thru in glesgae tryin to get visa’s at passport place for Hungary for Hibs v Videoton away, Doc dragged me into Weedgie bookies cos he fancied a horse, we saw the bookies board- oldco to go the season unbeaten- opened at 50s, crossed out, same 40s/33s/25s think it’d been betted down to about 16s cos they were all lumpin on it, Doc turned to me wi a huge grin & said how many of these are losin plenty?? Then 1st game of season the oldco got beat by Hibs at ER wi Souness getting sent off! He wisnae all daft in the bookies, was the Doc!
Just checked, think might’ve been couple years later we were in weedge for visa’s, but defo we were in bookies & seen that board up in the summer & had a laugh at oldco throwin money away pre-season at goin unbeaten. Doc liked a punt & a beer but what a Hibs fan he was!

Lancs Harp
20-03-2021, 07:38 PM
Mind Doc & me in mid 80s, thru in glesgae tryin to get visa’s at passport place for Hungary for Hibs v Videoton away, Doc dragged me into Weedgie bookies cos he fancied a horse, we saw the bookies board- oldco to go the season unbeaten- opened at 50s, crossed out, same 40s/33s/25s think it’d been betted down to about 16s cos they were all lumpin on it, Doc turned to me wi a huge grin & said how many of these are losin plenty?? Then 1st game of season the oldco got beat by Hibs at ER wi Souness getting sent off! He wisnae all daft in the bookies, was the Doc!

:greengrin 've it.

jodjam
25-03-2021, 04:22 PM
The following has been placed on Facebook by Porteous Funeral Directors

The funeral director and drivers are all season ticket holders and have known Doc for many years.

Will be an emotional day as we celebrate a Hibs legend and hopefully see some of you at the stadium

Alan John Docherty (Doc) (Broomhouse) (Craigentinny)

After suffering a short-term illness on Wednesday 17th March, Alan aged 58 years. Much loved Husband to Moira Docherty, dearly loved Father to Liam and Step Father to Tommy and the late Kevin. Brother to Diane. Devoted Grandad to Logan, Rachel, Lauren, Lewis, Jack and Josh. Dear Uncle, Cousin and Friend to all who knew him.

Family cars and hearse will be passing Easter Road to which would be a fitting tribute to Doc who dedicated his life following Hibernian. People who want to pay their respect could gather outside Easter road at 2.20pm on Wednesday 31st March. Please follow Social Distancing guidelines set in place by Scottish Government.

Doc's memory will certainly be marching on. He always used to say 'If I see Hibs win the Scottish Cup I'll die a happy man'. 21/05/16 that dream became reality which meant everything for him. To the Angels High above.