PDA

View Full Version : What would happen if

steelendhibs
18-03-2021, 10:14 AM
Rangers win the Europa League. Would Scotland get an extra place in Europe at all. I seem to recall that the Europa League winners get an automatic champions league place. Would Rangers league winners status then go to Celtic, and Celtic’s 2nd place then go to 3rd and potentially ourselves?

nonshinyfinish
18-03-2021, 10:15 AM
Rangers win the Europa League. Would Scotland get an extra place in Europe at all. I seem to recall that the Europa League winners get an automatic champions league place. Would Rangers league winners status then go to Celtic, and Celtic’s 2nd place then go to 3rd and potentially ourselves?

IIRC the extra place is allocated to whichever league is next in line based on coefficient, not the league the winners come from.

Kaff
18-03-2021, 10:16 AM
Seen comment on here previously (co-efficient thread?) that another league benefits, in order that the big leagues don't benefit by winning the Cup regularly

Hibbyradge
18-03-2021, 04:00 PM
Rangers win the Europa League.

We'd just wake up as usual, get dressed and have breakfast, I imagine.

Pagan Hibernia
18-03-2021, 04:03 PM
We'd just wake up as usual, get dressed and have breakfast, I imagine.

yes. Whilst avoiding all newspapers, news reports, and social media for at least a fortnight.

Hibbyradge
18-03-2021, 04:07 PM
yes. Whilst avoiding all newspapers, news reports, and social media for at least a fortnight.

I was trying to suggest it was a nightmare or dream because it won't happen

Pagan Hibernia
18-03-2021, 04:34 PM
I was trying to suggest it was a nightmare or dream because it won't happen

:greengrin

sorry pal. I must be tired.

I hope you’re right.

Hibbyradge
18-03-2021, 04:39 PM
:greengrin

sorry pal. I must be tired.

I hope you’re right.

Nah, I should have phrased it differently. No danger they're winning it, though.

JohnMcM
18-03-2021, 04:41 PM

Eeeeeeeeeeeeek! Imagine the Scottish media for 3 months after it! :sick::sick:

Cat Stanton
18-03-2021, 05:00 PM
Eeeeeeeeeeeeek! Imagine the Scottish media for 3 months after it! :sick::sick:

If they were ever to win it, this would actually be a good year for it ie for once the country wouldn't be shamed and embarrassed by their fans abroad.

Since452
18-03-2021, 05:32 PM
If they were ever to win it, this would actually be a good year for it ie for once the country wouldn't be shamed and embarrassed by their fans abroad.

Once fans are back, this season will quickly be forgotten about. I barely recall St Johnstone winning the league cup

jgl07
18-03-2021, 07:07 PM
Once fans are back, this season will quickly be forgotten about. I barely recall St Johnstone winning the league cup
I don't recall Hearts ever winning the League Cup.

But then again my memory gets a bit iffy if you have to go back around 60 years!

CMurdoch
19-03-2021, 01:02 AM

Baw well and truly burst on that scenario tonight!