PDA

View Full Version : Craigan

lord bunberry
13-03-2021, 04:00 PM
My hibs stream kept freezing so I had to watch the county stream. Craigan is a complete ******, he was adamant it wasn’t a penalty and he wanted Boyle sent off and also Newell. He’s not got a ****in clue about football and his dislike for hibs always comes through.

The Harp
13-03-2021, 04:02 PM
The guy seems to hate us, the feeling's mutual as far as I'm concerned.

Iggy Pope
13-03-2021, 04:03 PM
Frothing at the mouth about the Compliance Officer, simulation, kicking the ball away and how unjust all of this is after decreeing that when Hanlon gets kicked at waist height that it’s still a mans game.

Prick.

Wheat Hound
13-03-2021, 04:04 PM
Hope he's seething. A total welt

Iggy Pope
13-03-2021, 04:04 PM
My hibs stream kept freezing so I had to watch the county stream. Craigan is a complete ******, he was adamant it wasn’t a penalty and he wanted Boyle sent off and also Newell. He’s not got a ****in clue about football and his dislike for hibs always comes through.

Craigan aside, the fellah that commentates is very good and was on the last visit up there as well. Very well informed.

jeffers
13-03-2021, 04:05 PM
He is a prick, but I agreed with him today. If those decisions had been given against us today I wouldn’t have been happy.

Pretty Boy
13-03-2021, 04:06 PM
The huns hun. The pricks prick.

Best ignored.

Iggy Pope
13-03-2021, 04:06 PM
Something else about Craigan. His dialogue. What gets him on the telly. Stuff like this...”it’s not that no one wants to grasp third place, they’re just not grabbing hold of it”.

Prick.

Iggy Pope
13-03-2021, 04:07 PM
He is a prick, but I agreed with him today. If those decisions had been given against us today I wouldn’t have been happy.

Not the point Jeffers!

jeffers
13-03-2021, 04:07 PM
Craigan aside, the fellah that commentates is very good and was on the last visit up there as well. Very well informed.

Is it not Rory Hamilton from BT Sport ?

Northernhibee
13-03-2021, 04:08 PM
I'd love to give him a massive GIRFUY like someone did with loads of Jambos with witty comments like Gregg Wallace being a "porcine pastry ponce", but I genuinely have no idea who he is other than is/was involved in football.

GIRFUY Craigen, whoever you are.

CloudSquall
Did something specific happen for him to have this level of hatred for us?

Carheenlea
My stream froze briefly and when I refreshed it came in as Ross County commentary and what a racket it was between commentator and Craigan. What a difference after tuning back to ours to hear the more dulcet tones of Cliff and Tam which was far more pleasurable on the ear.

Jones28
Total throbber. He was coaching motherwells under 19’s for a while and I went to watch us play them at forthbank. He was a complete knob. Screaming at everyone, swearing, abusing the ref.

Prick. And he ****ing hates us for some reason.

Iggy Pope
13-03-2021, 04:09 PM

I blocked his car in once at the Oriam. Hope it’s that.

GreenCastle
13-03-2021, 04:10 PM
Why has he ended up commentating on Ross County games??? Thought he was all about Motherwell?

Anyway..Hibs penalty was probably not a pen - Newell did kick the ball away and Boyle looked like a dive...but Beaton did get a few things wrong and we have had a few shocking decisions go against us this season plus teams regularly take the piss out of us with time wasting etc.

It was the way he was constantly wanting Hibs players sent off and the way he worded it which really came across as bitter.

lord bunberry
13-03-2021, 04:11 PM
Aye I did notice that, I think he might be a professional commentator for sky or bt.

Carheenlea
13-03-2021, 04:12 PM
Why has he ended up commentating on Ross County games??? Thought he was all about Motherwell?

Anyway..Hibs penalty was probably not a pen - Newell did kick the ball away and Boyle looked like a dive...but Beaton did get a few things wrong and we have had a few shocking decisions go against us this season plus teams regularly take the piss out of us with time wasting etc.

It was the way he was constantly wanting Hibs players sent off and the way he worded it which really came across as bitter.

Probably has to travel as far to find someone who wants him. Says a lot if he can’t get the Motherwell gig.

jeffers
13-03-2021, 04:12 PM
Aye I did notice that, I think he might be a professional commentator for sky or bt.

Rory Hamilton

weecounty hibby
13-03-2021, 04:13 PM
Craigan is a hun. A bitter hun. He will be like every other bitter hun in that they detest us after 2016. Get it up him and every other hun

Jones28
Rory Hamilton

He’s good, does lots for BT.

lord bunberry
Rory Hamilton
Ah right, I thought I recognised his voice. County have done well to get him on board, not so much Craigan.

04Sauzee
13-03-2021, 04:18 PM
https://i.ibb.co/x2rhRrJ/Screenshot-20210313-171726.jpg (https://ibb.co/Gdr7brc)

eastterrace
13-03-2021, 04:23 PM

It was the way he was constantly wanting Hibs players sent off and the way he worded it which really came across as bitter.sorry got to disagree Boyle was barged in the back so it’s a foul also the second one he slipped and caught the county player foot he never dived also newel won the ball and was never a foul. Craigen a arse.

ACLeith
13-03-2021, 04:30 PM
His hatred of us would appear to be sectarian. He comes from Newtonards which is a predominantly loyalist area and we know where his sympathies lie with the bigot Brothers.

kaimendhibs
13-03-2021, 04:33 PM
Average player and worse pundit

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Kato
13-03-2021, 04:34 PM
His hatred of us would appear to be sectarian. He comes from Newtonards which is a predominantly loyalist area and we know where his sympathies lie with the bigot Brothers.

No doubt about it.

h1bs4life
13-03-2021, 04:36 PM
sorry got to disagree Boyle was barged in the back so it’s a foul also the second one he slipped and caught the county player foot he never dived also newel won the ball and was never a foul. Craigen a arse.

Spot on Boyle did the right thing got himself between the County player and the ball the only way there player could get a touch was by going through him.
Beaton also noticed Boyle slipped hence no second booking and Newell out muscled the Ross County player exactly the same way there fullback did to Boyle 5 minutes before .
Craigan has always been a bitter sticky bun .

Onion
13-03-2021, 04:38 PM
Craigan is a hun. A bitter hun. He will be like every other bitter hun in that they detest us after 2016. Get it up him and every other hun

:agree: Huns and Yams - bitter clubs and fans who much prefer to wallow in the misfortune of others than success of their own teams.

A Hi-Bee
13-03-2021, 04:40 PM

Once a hun always a hun, **** em all

:greengrin

Diclonius
13-03-2021, 04:59 PM

Kato
13-03-2021, 05:17 PM

..and 1916.

hhibs
13-03-2021, 05:19 PM

He is extremely and weirdly "staunch" in his dislike of Hibernian.

Jones28
13-03-2021, 05:19 PM
..and 1916.

And 1690

BILLYHIBS
13-03-2021, 05:21 PM
The huns hun. The pricks prick.

Best ignored.
:top marks

hhibs
13-03-2021, 05:21 PM
Think there is common theme developing on this guy

Hibs90
13-03-2021, 05:22 PM
I blocked his car in once at the Oriam. Hope it’s that.

Me too. If you ever get the opportunity do it again. Then ***** on his windscreen.

Stantons Angel
13-03-2021, 05:42 PM
he really annoyed me with his anti Hibs bias, what a fuddy duddy this guy really is.

He kept on and on that if wasnt a penalty that Boyle had stuck his foot on the other guys boot and pushed him over.

that should have been a sending off. Then when Boyle lost it and after continually being fouled, hes shouting that he should have been off earlier and

County would be in a better situation as they where!
In my mind he was actually calling Boyle a cheat which is really not on. Today it was obviouse he was going to get abused up and down the park.

Hughes was not going to let him rip up his defence so the only thing they could do was bring him down.

it really puts me off when the commentators think they are actually in charge of the game. This guy is a grade one idiot!

brog
13-03-2021, 05:51 PM
Boyle's pen was soft but if we had VAR in Scotland it would still have been a penalty as Boyle got his leg between the ball & the defender. One thing is sure, Boyle did not dive. Craigan is hopeless, his bias is only matched by his incompetence.

JimBHibees
13-03-2021, 06:01 PM
Can remember him straight legging Ian Murray at Firhill also inexplicably justifying not giving us a penalty in the play off v Falkirk when their defender was juggling the ball.

JimBHibees
13-03-2021, 06:02 PM
Boyle's pen was soft but if we had VAR in Scotland it would still have been a penalty as Boyle got his leg between the ball & the defender. One thing is sure, Boyle did not dive. Craigan is hopeless, his bias is only matched by his incompetence.

The penalty was valid Boyle did what all decent forwards do.

Spike Mandela
13-03-2021, 06:02 PM
I’ve observed this thinly disguised dislike Craigan has had for us for a long time. It precedes 2016 in fact it’s been noticeable for as long as he’s been a commentator.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, in the hope his issue isn’t sectarian, have Hibs ever done him over in some way in his football career? Bad mouthed him? Did we ever let him down trying to sign him or did we ever thwart his ambitions when he was a Well player?

Or, does he simply not like us?

Hibernia&Alba
13-03-2021, 06:05 PM
Is he a Rangers fan? I honestly don't know. Being from a loyalist area of Northern Ireland doesn't necessarily make him a Hun.

Wilson
13-03-2021, 06:07 PM
I’ve observed this thinly disguised dislike Craigan has had for us for a long time. It precedes 2016 in fact it’s been noticeable for as long as he’s been a commentator.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, in the hope his issue isn’t sectarian, have Hibs ever done him over in some way in his football career? Bad mouthed him? Did we ever let him down trying to sign him or did we ever thwart his ambitions when he was a Well player?

Or, does he simply not like us?

I don't think we'll have tried to sign him - he was never good enough. You don't spend the bulk of your career at Motherwell for no reason.

Iggy Pope
13-03-2021, 06:09 PM
Is he a Rangers fan? I honestly don't know. Being from a loyalist area of Northern Ireland doesn't necessarily make him a Hun.

That is true but it adds in a huge probability factor don’t you think?

cabbageandribs1875
13-03-2021, 06:11 PM
Penalty 'dive' upsets Hughes

FT: Ross County 1-2 Hibernian

Ross County manager John Hughes is not at all happy with the penalty award that allowed Hibs to equalise, calling it "dubious".
"I think Boyle has conned John Beaton. Very clever, part and parcel of the game, but the last time I saw a dive like that the boy had Speedos on.
"Then there were other bits and pieces. Boyle had been booked for a tackle in a wide area, then he dived again in the box and John chose to ignore it for the simple reason it's a red card. It's not a slip, it's not play-on, it's a dive.
"I understand referees have got a hard job but why does it always go against Ross County? Is it easy season here?

Hibernia&Alba
13-03-2021, 06:11 PM
That is true but it adds in a huge probability factor don’t you think?

It depends. Lots of people in N.I. follow English teams.

Pretty Boy
13-03-2021, 06:14 PM

Think he is predominantly a Glentoran fan but he said on the radio (not BBC) years ago he also followed Rangers as a boy.

Iggy Pope
13-03-2021, 06:14 PM
It depends. Lots of people in N.I. follow English teams.

That’s also true. But well outweighed by Huns you know that as well as I do. It’s clear he dislikes us, what do you think it is?
Don’t think I’ve heard him utter the words ‘Alfredo Morelos’ ‘Simulation’ and ‘Compliance Officer’ in the same breath.

Iggy Pope
13-03-2021, 06:15 PM
Think he is predominantly a Glentoran fan but he said on the radio (not BBC) years ago he also followed Rangers as a boy.

Anyone that was at the Glentoran friendly will know where he’s from then :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2021, 06:16 PM
You only have to look at his face to know what team he follows.:rolleyes:

Hibernia&Alba

That’s also true. But well outweighed by Huns you know that as well as I do. It’s clear he dislikes us, what do you think it is?
Don’t think I’ve heard him utter the words ‘Alfredo Morelos’ ‘Simulation’ and ‘Compliance Officer’ in the same breath.

Fair enough, he's a Hun :greengrin

BS44

Glentoran fan, maybe still pissed we beat them when Yogi was the boss.

Nae idea if he likes the new club too.

ACLeith
13-03-2021, 06:18 PM
Agreed but I was basing my comment on listening to him on Old firm and other matches involving them. Nowhere near as biased as Boyd but it seems to me obvious where his sympathies lie

green.oracle
13-03-2021, 06:19 PM
Total throbber. He was coaching motherwells under 19’s for a while and I went to watch us play them at forthbank. He was a complete knob. Screaming at everyone, swearing, abusing the ref.

Prick. And he ****ing hates us for some reason.

I was at that game and had to ask who the bitter and twisted lunatic on the motherwell bench was. He should record himself and listen back afterwards. I am sure even he would realise he was a complete throbber!!

:giruy2::lolrangers:

vuefrom1875
13-03-2021, 07:56 PM
The guy seems to hate us, the feeling's mutual as far as I'm concerned.

He's a Hun.

The Harp Awakes
13-03-2021, 08:02 PM
He'll hate Celtic as much as us, but he knows he won't get away with directing it at Celtic. There would be too much of an uproar.

O'Rourke3
13-03-2021, 08:46 PM
I was at one of the Fir Park games 2 seasons back and had open a mikes on while watching. Craigan only spoke up when Well had shots at goal. Stayed silent when we had chances. Match report all Well. He's an erse.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
13-03-2021, 08:56 PM

I once asked a classmate from Belfast (a staunch loyalist and Rangers man) if he had the same accent as Craigan. His response hope shall I put it - led me to understanding that Craigan is from the other side of the divide. What a pile of BS tho.

Fwiw the SportSound crew (with the odd exception) appear to have undertaken Hibs aversion therapy. Total cults.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-03-2021, 08:57 PM
He's a Hun.

Not so sure about that.

Bostonhibby
13-03-2021, 09:17 PM
I'd love to give him a massive GIRFUY like someone did with loads of Jambos with witty comments like Gregg Wallace being a "porcine pastry ponce", but I genuinely have no idea who he is other than is/was involved in football.

GIRFUY Craigen, whoever you are.I'm claiming that one[emoji6]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210313/30ad07c2fb15e954d6f09f7973c58de8.jpg

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210313/2c5bc68f7d7533e6b37b57e27b176edb.jpg

kaimendhibs
14-03-2021, 02:02 AM
The nan is an irelavant ********

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

hibbydog
14-03-2021, 06:01 AM
I have no problem with what Craigan said.

Boyle was clever for the penalty, and he dived for the one that wasn’t given when on a yellow card. Clear sending off.

Same goes for Hughes’ comments. Newell kicked the ball away when on a yellow. Should have walked.

I can’t fathom how we can’t take off the green tinted specs and see things objectively? Have we really descended into a ‘nobody likes us and we’re seething about it’ mentality?

TheCabbage
14-03-2021, 06:48 AM
Craigans wife is a school teacher and taught my daughter in the past.
1 parents evening she spots the Hibs tattoo and states oh my husband wouldn’t like that tattoo.
In my mind he’s just a standard NI bigot (I tar both sides the same brush, Unionists & Loyalists)

Weststandwanab
14-03-2021, 07:09 AM

as simple as that spot on.

hibbysam
14-03-2021, 07:37 AM

Boyle was clever for the penalty, and he dived for the one that wasn’t given when on a yellow card. Clear sending off.

Same goes for Hughes’ comments. Newell kicked the ball away when on a yellow. Should have walked.

I can’t fathom how we can’t take off the green tinted specs and see things objectively? Have we really descended into a ‘nobody likes us and we’re seething about it’ mentality?

Newell was in the process of passing the ball when the whistle went, never kicked the ball away he passed it where he was planning to until the foul was given. When your not expecting the whistle there is always going to be a delay in the whistle going and you stopping.

Hughes has chucked his toys out the pram seeing as his mind games haven’t worked.

One Day
14-03-2021, 07:37 AM

I agree, it goes a lot deeper than football. He cant / doesnt even attempt to hide it. It must be obvious to those that employ him as well

Eyrie
14-03-2021, 09:42 AM

I always try to think how I'd react if it was the other way round.

A forward nips in front of our defender who barges into him? It's a foul, and a penalty if in the box.

A player throws himself to the ground? It's a dive and a booking.

A player kicks the ball away? Annoys me, but it happens regularly and is rarely carded.

BonnieFitbaTeam
14-03-2021, 10:38 AM

Boyle; agreed.
Hughes; probably fair enough;
Newell; sorry, but that's keech. Virtually every free kick that's given these days the ball gets kicked away. Maybe not always very far but it get's kicked away (or sometimes thrown) regardless and nothing is ever done about it. Drives me mental and it certainly used to be pulled up but not any more it seems. The other one is standing in front of the ball to stop a quick free kick, which doesn't seem to warrant punishment any more either. Anyone know if the guidance to refs has changed on these?

Wigson13
14-03-2021, 12:14 PM
sorry got to disagree Boyle was barged in the back so it’s a foul also the second one he slipped and caught the county player foot he never dived also newel won the ball and was never a foul. Craigen a arse.

That's what I saw too, it hasn't been mentioned a lot but I thought on the second incident that Boyles planted foot slipped when it came up against the defenders. I really don't think he would contemplate diving only a few minutes after winning a dubious penalty!

delbert
14-03-2021, 12:38 PM
That's what I saw too, it hasn't been mentioned a lot but I thought on the second incident that Boyles planted foot slipped when it came up against the defenders. I really don't think he would contemplate diving only a few minutes after winning a dubious penalty!

Just a question then if he slipped at the second one, why did he sit on the ground with his arms out wide claiming for a penalty from the ref ? Boyle got lucky yesterday, the first incident was a penalty but the second was a dive all day long and deserved a caution. The repercussions for him now will be that when he goes to ground from now on, it will be in referees mind that he might be at it and he has nobody to blame for that but himself. The reaction from the Sportsound mob was wildly over the top but entirely predictable, the bile and hatred couldn’t be hidden and compare it to the pretty muted reaction when Ajeti chucked himself down against Killie but from now on Boyle has got to back himself even more, just go past these defenders and bang it in the ****** net !!

jeffers
14-03-2021, 12:45 PM
Just a question then if he slipped at the second one, why did he sit on the ground with his arms out wide claiming for a penalty from the ref ? Boyle got lucky yesterday, the first incident was a penalty but the second was a dive all day long and deserved a caution. The repercussions for him now will be that when he goes to ground from now on, it will be in referees mind that he might be at it and he has nobody to blame for that but himself. The reaction from the Sportsound mob was wildly over the top but entirely predictable, the bile and hatred couldn’t be hidden and compare it to the pretty muted reaction when Ajeti chucked himself down against Killie but from now on Boyle has got to back himself even more, just go past these defenders and bang it in the ****** net !!

Not seen any highlights but thought at the time that neither were penalties. I don’t think even if the second was a slip it means he couldn’t claim it was a penalty, players claim for decisions all the time even when they are obviously at it.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-03-2021, 01:48 PM
Not seen any highlights but thought at the time that neither were penalties. I don’t think even if the second was a slip it means he couldn’t claim it was a penalty, players claim for decisions all the time even when they are obviously at it.

Pundits have the luxury of forgetting and wanting it both ways. But reallly they need to make their minds up about penalties. According to some pundits Looking for contact is apparently an art and skill and we often hear of players “being cute”. Whilst on the other hand questioning why some players don’t go down when there is contact so the ref is unlikely to give it.
Ranging over to others that crucify similar behaviour.

Make. Your. Mind. Up.

In fact don’t.
Just become such an irrelevance folks ignore pretty much most of what you say. I’ve kinda got to that point with many of the pundits - Kris Boyd, Walker, Craigan, and other contributors like Charlie Mann, McLaughlin and so on. Stewart, Collins, McCoist and McCall and obv Stubbs worthy of folks’ time.

In fact it’s just like the old style wrestling on World of Sport on a Saturday - there’s a space for the panto villains like Mick McMannus. He was
Probably even a decent bloke. Not as sure about some of the pundits. But it’s not really that big a deal in the wider scheme or things - although I’d rather my license fee was not being channeled in their direction.

hibbydog
14-03-2021, 02:03 PM
Boyle; agreed.
Hughes; probably fair enough;
Newell; sorry, but that's keech. Virtually every free kick that's given these days the ball gets kicked away. Maybe not always very far but it get's kicked away (or sometimes thrown) regardless and nothing is ever done about it. Drives me mental and it certainly used to be pulled up but not any more it seems. The other one is standing in front of the ball to stop a quick free kick, which doesn't seem to warrant punishment any more either. Anyone know if the guidance to refs has changed on these?

Yeah, fair enough.

I’ll take whatever luck we can get though. The big decisions went in our favour yesterday. Many a time they haven’t.

They don’t always get it right. They often get it wrong. This is one of the variables that makes the game what it is. look at the mess the EPL is in with VAR.

I for one quite like the fact that games are subject to dodgy decisions, it’s sometimes what you need to get a result.