PDA

View Full Version : If Nisbet leaves in the summer

04Sauzee
12-03-2021, 09:04 PM
Seen this in twitter regarding some players who could possibly fit in at Hibs and who could potentially be within our budget. A decent read even if unlikely

https://twitter.com/ByronHutchison/status/1370458609499377667?s=19

Or the link here

https://footballfromafar.com/words/kevin-nisbet-using-data-to-scout-a-replacement?format=amp&__twitter_impression=true

HibbyKeith
12-03-2021, 09:19 PM
What a well put together bit of research, Thanks for posting.

Anyone from Hibs looking in might want to take a look without having to do the leg work.

Hibee Mac
12-03-2021, 09:37 PM
That's a cracking wee piece of work, great read and well researched. Good on the guy that made it, he'll be putting himself in a great position to do that kind of thing professionally if he keeps that up and gets noticed.

Booker5time
12-03-2021, 10:26 PM
That's a cracking wee piece of work, great read and well researched. Good on the guy that made it, he'll be putting himself in a great position to do that kind of thing professionally if he keeps that up and gets noticed.

If you got Twitter I'll Recommend to give Byron a follow as he good at keeping track of Scots playing in non uk leagues.

Think he also got a job with Soical Media marketing the bundesliga as he seems to be based in Germany.

Brightside
12-03-2021, 10:28 PM
Great piece. We have looked at Sydney btw.

Fergus52
13-03-2021, 12:30 AM
Seen this in twitter regarding some players who could possibly fit in at Hibs and who could potentially be within our budget. A decent read even if unlikely

Or the link here

https://footballfromafar.com/words/kevin-nisbet-using-data-to-scout-a-replacement?format=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Really good article, was just about to post it when I seen this thread.

Interesting seeing the statistical comparisons between doidge Boyle and nisbet in the radars as well.

hibeejeebies
13-03-2021, 06:32 AM
If you got Twitter I'll Recommend to give Byron a follow as he good at keeping track of Scots playing in non uk leagues.

Think he also got a job with Soical Media marketing the bundesliga as he seems to be based in Germany.

If our scouting's half as thorough and detailed as that we're in good hands 👍🏻

BlackSheep
13-03-2021, 08:13 AM
Get him on the books Hibs....! Fantastic analysis, presumably researched from home as well?

ChrissyG1875
13-03-2021, 08:41 AM
It's articles like that that remind me how small an attention span I have

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Callyballybe
13-03-2021, 09:45 AM
Wow. A very impressive piece of analysis. I hope we're using similar methods at the club already. If not, adopting something like this could certainly be an advantage.

jacomo
13-03-2021, 12:54 PM

Or the link here

Thanks for doing this :wink:

Personally I am wary of the xG nonsense but when used as a data point in a wider analysis like here it makes more sense.

Lendo
13-03-2021, 02:00 PM

Or the link here

I love **** like this, could sit and read it all day.

CraigHibee
13-03-2021, 03:20 PM
Great analysis, good reading as well and obviously spent a fair bit of time doing this

Vault Boy
13-03-2021, 06:20 PM
Kevin making it clear he's very happy at Hibs and saying a lot of the media talk hasn't been reflective of the full story. Post match interview on HTV.

04Sauzee
13-03-2021, 06:21 PM
Kevin making it clear he's very happy at Hibs and saying a lot of the media talk hasn't been reflective of the full story. Post match interview on HTV.

Just seen that, very positive interview.

Peevemor
13-03-2021, 06:31 PM
https://youtu.be/O3gN6J8Z-lk

lord bunberry
13-03-2021, 07:16 PM
I agree it’s a decent piece, but the players he identifies are all out with our budget.

jeffers
13-03-2021, 07:27 PM
Good interview although the cynic in me thinks he’s just saying the right things and will be away in the summer. If he was that happy he wouldn’t have put in a transfer request.

Stuart93
13-03-2021, 07:39 PM
If nisbet can help fire us to Europe before he goes then he’ll just about leave with my blessing

04Sauzee
13-03-2021, 07:44 PM
https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1370837249605128193?s=19 👀

bingo70
13-03-2021, 07:46 PM
Good interview although the cynic in me thinks he’s just saying the right things and will be away in the summer. If he was that happy he wouldn’t have put in a transfer request.

Why not?

I don’t get why people take the transfer request thing so personally. He had an opportunity to probably triple his wages, handing in a transfer request was to say he was up for that.

Doesn’t mean he wasn’t happy here.

MagicSwirlingShip
13-03-2021, 07:47 PM
I agree it’s a decent piece, but the players he identifies are all out with our budget.

Our budget depends entirely on how much Nisbet goes for (If he goes) and if we qualify for Europe.

Also, I'd imagine Ron Gordon will recommit to increasing the playing budget with fans back at Easter Road

jeffers
13-03-2021, 07:49 PM
Why not?

I don’t get why people take the transfer request thing so personally. He had an opportunity to probably triple his wages, handing in a transfer request was to say he was up for that.

Doesn’t mean he wasn’t happy here.

‘Cos it was Birmingham Bingo, a team who are pish and have been for a long time. He didn’t need to do it, I think he was very badly advised.

MWHIBBIES
13-03-2021, 07:52 PM

Wanting a move isn't the same as being unhappy at hibs. I really like the company I'm with. If someone offered me the same gig for twice the wage, I would take it.

hibbysam
13-03-2021, 07:57 PM
‘Cos it was Birmingham Bingo, a team who are pish and have been for a long time. He didn’t need to do it, I think he was very badly advised.

Yet all the rumours were that the request wasn’t to go to Birmingham.

jeffers
13-03-2021, 07:57 PM
Wanting a move isn't the same as being unhappy at hibs. I really like the company I'm with. If someone offered me the same gig for twice the wage, I would take it.

Not comparable for me. The first club that comes in for him and he puts in a transfer request. If it had been a decent side I’d understand it, but Birmingham ffs.

jeffers
13-03-2021, 07:58 PM
Yet all the rumours were that the request wasn’t to go to Birmingham.

Who was it then ?

hibbysam
13-03-2021, 08:00 PM
Who was it then ?

Who knows, not Birmingham if the rumours were to be believed though. As said above, wanting to gain huge advances on his wages isn’t the same as saying ‘sell me or I’m no going to be happy’.

FWIW I think he’ll still be here next season as well, at least the first half of it. If were guaranteed millions from Europe then well be under no pressure to sell again.

MWHIBBIES
13-03-2021, 08:04 PM
Not comparable for me. The first club that comes in for him and he puts in a transfer request. If it had been a decent side I’d understand it, but Birmingham ffs.

A similar sized club to Hibs in a better league paying more money. Easy to understand. He's here and should be supported, same as every hibs player.

B.H.F.C
13-03-2021, 08:25 PM
I don’t really give a toss about him sounding positive in an interview. He’s talking to Hibs TV, he’s hardly going to say anything negative.

I do give a toss about what he does on the park and he was much more like himself today. The goal gave him a massive lift and he was much better for it. More of that next week.

Fergus52
13-03-2021, 11:40 PM

I don't think thats true, none of the teams mentioned will be paying higher wages than us.

The players at the Austrian and Greek teams, who are both under contract after the summer, could be difficult to get as a fee would be involved, but I'm pretty sure the article is assuming that we'd have some cash from selling Nisbet ready to re-invest.

The other two would be achievable if we really wanted them. Signing an out of contract player from the dutch second division, or a mid table Cypriot team is definitely within our budget, especially if we had a big free for Nisbet as well.

Jim44
14-03-2021, 12:29 PM

If nisbet can help fire us to Europe before he goes then he’ll just about leave with my blessing

When the window closed, I thought that Nisbet would see out the season, a bitter man. I don’t think that’s the case now, and, while I think he is definitely off in the summer, I’m confident he’ll make a positive contribution when asked to do so.

14-03-2021, 12:31 PM
Nisbet will be here next season

lord bunberry
14-03-2021, 01:35 PM
Our budget depends entirely on how much Nisbet goes for (If he goes) and if we qualify for Europe.

Also, I'd imagine Ron Gordon will recommit to increasing the playing budget with fans back at Easter Road
I very much doubt the budget will increase by that much. The board will be conscious of the fact that we might not have the same revenue every season. Signing players for big money means big wages and we could be stuck with a large wage bill and falling revenue.

04Sauzee
14-03-2021, 02:52 PM
Looks like Birmingham have just sacked their manager.

Wilson
14-03-2021, 03:03 PM
Looks like Birmingham have just sacked their manager.

Karanka. Keeps getting decent jobs but his best and longest serving spell is with Middlesbrough a couple of appointments ago. No idea if he's supposed to be good or if folk just keep taking a chance on him because he was once assistant at Real Madrid.

eastmainsmsh
14-03-2021, 04:54 PM
If Sunderland go up to championship be interesting to see if they come in with a bid and Ross Stewart no getting much game time player plus cash possible ?

Viva_Palmeiras
15-03-2021, 06:26 AM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-striker-kevin-nisbet-opens-up-on-transfer-talk-being-benched-and-where-his-focus-now-lies-3165614

if it was made out to be bigger that it was perhaps the super sleuthing journos should track down his agent - who is he/she and what to they have to say for themselves? Agents dontmake their clients hand in transfer requests they might advise them to but it’s ultimately the players decision.

wonder if he still has the same representation.

why is it that we hear so little from agents as publicists. Why do they remain so faceless and why is it that journalists bar the McMurdos and that guy who did the number on us with KT and Broony don’t dig deeper ? Are agents too powerful and untouchable? Why is this and is it right?

silverhibee
15-03-2021, 12:34 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-striker-kevin-nisbet-opens-up-on-transfer-talk-being-benched-and-where-his-focus-now-lies-3165614

if it was made out to be bigger that it was perhaps the super sleuthing journos should track down his agent - who is he/she and what to they have to say for themselves? Agents done make their clients hand in transfer requests they might advise them to but it’s ultimately the players decision.

why is it that we hear so little from agents as publicists. Why do they remain so faceless and why is it that journalists bar the McMurdos and that guy who did the number on us with KT and Broony don’t dig deeper ? Are agents too powerful and untouchable? Why is this and is it right?

Young lads coming in to the game nowadays need a agent, I'm sure there are plenty good ones out there, and a few dodgy ones as well, a agent can't get a player a move that's down to the player, do well and the first port of call is not to the club but to the agent if other clubs are interested in player, Nisbet is a good example.
I'm sure when MTK get involved in football agent stuff you will see a lot of lads join up with them in the future, they seem to look after there boxers so should be the same with football players.

ancient hibee
15-03-2021, 01:56 PM

if it was made out to be bigger that it was perhaps the super sleuthing journos should track down his agent - who is he/she and what to they have to say for themselves? Agents done make their clients hand in transfer requests they might advise them to but it’s ultimately the players decision.

Unless things have changed journalists do stuff on the side for agents.

jeffers
15-03-2021, 03:52 PM
Sounds like he was very badly advised. I fully expect him to leave during his contract and for us to make a good profit on him, I’m sure it was the understanding when he signed. But to put in a transfer request when the first club comes calling doesn’t reflect well on him, especially considering the club who wanted him. Not sure what he means about it being portrayed as something bigger though.

green day
15-03-2021, 05:00 PM
Young lads coming in to the game nowadays need a agent, I'm sure there are plenty good ones out there, and a few dodgy ones as well, a agent can't get a player a move that's down to the player, do well and the first port of call is not to the club but to the agent if other clubs are interested in player, Nisbet is a good example.
I'm sure when MTK get involved in football agent stuff you will see a lot of lads join up with them in the future, they seem to look after there boxers so should be the same with football players.

Will they get licences to operate?

They might be good for their boxers but there remains a number of questions (I mean, that is about the most subtle way I can put it :greengrin) about the person who in reality controls that organisation....................

Hibby Kay-Yay
15-03-2021, 06:36 PM

Or the link here

Very ‘Moneyball’ but that was effective too.

jacomo
15-03-2021, 06:42 PM

He’s a young man who has recently lost his dad.

I’m prepared to cut him a lot of slack.

I also hope someone will give him good advice, which is to stay at Hibs beyond the summer and really prove himself here.

jeffers
15-03-2021, 06:46 PM
He’s a young man who has recently lost his dad.

I’m prepared to cut him a lot of slack.

I also hope someone will give him good advice, which is to stay at Hibs beyond the summer and really prove himself here.

Can’t argue with any of that. It’s why I’m questioning his agent and his role in what happened.