PDA

View Full Version : Team for Saturday?

number9dream
12-03-2021, 09:50 AM
Yogi says he knows what the team will be, so what do we think?
Do we reunite Nisbet & Doidge up top with Boyle wide on the right or is it one of them with El Squirrel?
What about a return for Murphy and will Irvine get back in the groove against his old team after a couple of disappointing games?
Daz and Porteous in defence or is McGinn untouchable under JR?

Jones28
12-03-2021, 10:16 AM
4-3-3 for me.

Marciano
Cadden Porteous Hanlon Doig
Irvine Gogic Newall
Boyle Doidge Nisbet

Unseen work
12-03-2021, 10:23 AM
I’m surprised Yogi thinks he knows the team because I don’t have a clue.

There are quite a few variations we could go for between Mcgregor, Porteous. Gogic, Newell, Murphy and Doidge.

I would like to see;

............................Marciano.............. .

...........Porteous......McGregor.....Hanlon....

Cadden...........Gogic..........Irvine............ Doig...

................................Nisbet........

........................Doidge.........Boyle......

McGinn has been off form for me and needs a break, Porteous has shown he is good at playing out from the back and stepping into the play with the added protection of having McGregor beside him too who will see with Whyte who is a giant.

Our form has tailed off since Newells returned, it’s not necessarily down to him but I think we need to revert to Gogic and Irvine. Both are better defensively and win the midfield battle more which will be important as County will try and pass through us. Those 2 won’t give them a minute and will win a lot in the air too.

Cadden and Doig pick themselves.

Nisbet and Boyle for me are better when they have Doidge beside them as it allows them to focus on what they’re best at. To me Nisbet is at his best when he drops deep and links the play, he often played just off Doidge at the start so put him in there to link play and as a striker he will also have the desire to get in the box to score. Doidge up top occupying the defenders will allow Boyle to drift in behind or wider positions. With those 3 up the top end of the pitch the county defence won’t know whether they’re coming or going as each will be making different movements

BroxburnHibee
12-03-2021, 10:24 AM
Just mind games from Yogi. Of course if they win it will be another stick to beat JR with. Too predictable?

Hibee Mac
12-03-2021, 10:25 AM
4-3-3 for me.

Marciano
Irvine Gogic Newall
Boyle Doidge NisbetI like the look of that side, especially if we could press higher up the park and compress the game in their half. That all requires us to hold onto the ball instead of Hanlon lumping it up the line at every opportunity.

I think Nisbet should be tried a little wider like this too, his passing and running with the ball are both good traits so I think it could work.

danhibees1875
12-03-2021, 11:18 AM
We've certainly got a bit of versatility - no idea how we'll line up or who.

I'd be tempted by 3-5-2

Marciano
McGinn Porteous Hanlon
Boyle Irvine Newall Cadden Doig
Nisbet Doidge

Quite looking forward to this. After a disappointing couple of results it would be great to stick 3 on the board and get a decent lead over Aberdeen going into the home straight.

basehibby
12-03-2021, 11:23 AM
Yogi is talking oot his erchie as Ross has a number of options at his disposal with the bone of contention being how best to use them.

I think a 352 would probably work best:

Marciano

McGinn Porteous Hanlon

Cadden Irvive Gogic Newall Doig

Boyle Nisbet

.... But Ross could opt for 442, 433 or 343 and has done in the recentish past.

Allez Hibs
12-03-2021, 11:46 AM
Tough game tomorrow. John Hughes will have Ross County right up for it.

Stuart93
12-03-2021, 11:55 AM

Let’s hope we see a bit more from us after the last two games. We’re due a decent performance.

It’s the lack of goals we’re scoring that’s concerning.

Dmas
12-03-2021, 11:57 AM
Yogi is talking oot his erchie as Ross has a number of options at his disposal with the bone of contention being how best to use them.

Marciano

McGinn Porteous Hanlon

Boyle Nisbet

I’m not so sure yogi is at the mind games, he knows ross needs to get back winning and he’ll know by now that Newell and Doidge are the players he looks too, we’ll play 4 across the back and won’t leave doidge up himself so it’s pretty easy to set up against, personnel wise he won’t have a clue as anyone can come in after the last couple games, but I can’t see there being too much of a deviation between formation just a couple of player changes maybe gogic in with doig back in as well after injury, for me doidge needs taken out but I’d be very surprised if it’s this game

Smartie
12-03-2021, 12:34 PM
Not sure who I would pick but I know for sure I wouldn’t be picking Newell or Nisbet.

The team was much better balanced without them, even if carrying an out of form Doidge.

McGregor would be coming back in for Porteous for me.

So basically I’d be going for the team that won 4 in a row, although I’d maybe not be overjoyed about Murphy being in it - and I’d still be trying to find a way to get Scott Allan playing.

JimBHibees
12-03-2021, 12:51 PM

We need to be more up for it than them. Huge game tomorrow

Fergus52
12-03-2021, 12:52 PM

There are quite a few variations we could go for between Mcgregor, Porteous. Gogic, Newell, Murphy and Doidge.

I would like to see;

McGinn has been off form for me and needs a break, Porteous has shown he is good at playing out from the back and stepping into the play with the added protection of having McGregor beside him too who will see with Whyte who is a giant.

Our form has tailed off since Newells returned, it’s not necessarily down to him but I think we need to revert to Gogic and Irvine. Both are better defensively and win the midfield battle more which will be important as County will try and pass through us. Those 2 won’t give them a minute and will win a lot in the air too.

Nisbet and Boyle for me are better when they have Doidge beside them as it allows them to focus on what they’re best at. To me Nisbet is at his best when he drops deep and links the play, he often played just off Doidge at the start so put him in there to link play and as a striker he will also have the desire to get in the box to score. Doidge up top occupying the defenders will allow Boyle to drift in behind or wider positions. With those 3 up the top end of the pitch the county defence won’t know whether they’re coming or going as each will be making different movements

Newell has more tackles and interceptions per game than either of them this season

Hibbyradge
12-03-2021, 12:57 PM
Gogic.

End of.

JimBHibees
12-03-2021, 12:58 PM

I would like to see;

Agree with this team good mix of physicality athleticism and quality

12-03-2021, 01:03 PM

Marciano

McGinn Porteous Hanlon

Boyle Nisbet

Yogi might be talking oot his erchie but remember in his first game in charge they beat us at ER and he completely outwitted JR on the day. We just need a team that will win.

green.oracle
12-03-2021, 01:09 PM
Newell has more tackles and interceptions per game than either of them this season

Bit in bold, usually because he's been caught in possession or given the ball away in the first place!!

The team looked better when he was out. Gogic and Irvine must start with Cadden and Doig on the flanks. I'd bring Daz in for McGinn and play Nisbet and Boyle up front.

GGTTH

:flag::flag:

Hibbyradge
12-03-2021, 01:11 PM

He's played more games than both of them too.

J-C
12-03-2021, 01:18 PM
If he sticks with back 3 then.

Rocky

Porteous
Daz
Hanlon

Cadden
Irvine
Gogic
Doig

Boyle

Nisbet
Doidge

B.H.F.C
12-03-2021, 01:26 PM
I’d have Gogic, Irvine and Murphy in the middle of the park. Shouldn’t have broken it up after the Aberdeen game.

Newell will play though.

Greenbeard
12-03-2021, 01:34 PM
Who starts? F di Vanno for sure.
As long as it's not Dave Zhavu after we go behind.

andrew70
12-03-2021, 01:43 PM
Macey - if there's a chance that he was brought up to replace Ofir

Porteous
McGregor
Hanlon

Cadden
Newell
Gogic
Irvine
Doig

Boyle
Nisbet

Unseen work
12-03-2021, 02:01 PM

Is this fact? Interesting if true.

But I think with Gogic and Irvine were harder to play through and both of them get a lot tighter to their men. Both also take us higher up the pitch.

With Newell I think we sit a lot deeper and invite teams on more

Fergus52
12-03-2021, 02:11 PM
Bit in bold, usually because he's been caught in possession or given the ball away in the first place!!

The team looked better when he was out. Gogic and Irvine must start with Cadden and Doig on the flanks. I'd bring Daz in for McGinn and play Nisbet and Boyle up front.

GGTTH

:flag::flag:

Don't think that's true, his ball retention is generally pretty good, although that's helped by the fact that he does a lot of sideways passes if there's not much on in front of him. If anything I'd like to see him start taking more risks with the ball, which would lead to him being dispossessed more often.

He's played more games than both of them too.

Yeah that stat accounts for that, hence per game, it takes into account the number of minutes played by each player.

Is this fact? Interesting if true.

But I think with Gogic and Irvine were harder to play through and both of them get a lot tighter to their men. Both also take us higher up the pitch.

With Newell I think we sit a lot deeper and invite teams on more

Got it from whoscored who's stats are usually pretty accurate.

I'm not even Newell's biggest fan - think he's been poor since signing the new contract and could maybe do with some time out the team. But some of the regular criticisms of him are lazy and invalid.

jeffers
12-03-2021, 03:20 PM
I think Paul McGinn has been a really good signing but he’s not been great recently and I’d like to see SDG given a chance.

basehibby
12-03-2021, 03:23 PM
Not sure who I would pick but I know for sure I wouldn’t be picking Newell or Nisbet.

The team was much better balanced without them, even if carrying an out of form Doidge.

McGregor would be coming back in for Porteous for me.

So basically I’d be going for the team that won 4 in a row, although I’d maybe not be overjoyed about Murphy being in it - and I’d still be trying to find a way to get Scott Allan playing.

I get what you're saying but I thought that team & shape was showing signs of being sussed/losing form against Hamilton when we gained the upper hand only after they went down to 10 men. Ross stuck with pretty much the same line up vs Motherwell and that's where he went wrong IMO - Motherwell had us done up like a kipper until subs were made.

Nisbet is a far better finisher than Doidge and given time he will start to show that with goals. I know Doidge is useful to the team in other ways but I reckon his dry spell in front of goal has gone on too long and Nisbet deserves a run. Of course there's always the option of playing them together and playing Boyle at wing-back (assuming 352) - which would probably mean dropping Cadden.

As for McGregor - he looked great for a few games and rightly kept his place, but was then thoroughly owned by the big Motherwell striker and was deservedly subbed in that match. Porteous again offers something slightly different and he did nothing against St Johnstone to deserve being dropped - so I'd keep him in.

hhibs
12-03-2021, 03:43 PM

I would like to see;

That would certainly do for me, also agree McGinn needs a rest, he is really off his game at the moment.

J-C
12-03-2021, 04:34 PM
I think Paul McGinn has been a really good signing but he’s not been great recently and I’d like to see SDG given a chance.

Everyone on here will tell you he is finished, can't run, injury prone etc.

JammyDoidger
12-03-2021, 04:46 PM
Rocky

Porteous
Mcgregor
Hanlon

Boyle
Irvine
Gogic
Newell
Doig

Doidge
Nisbet

Cadden and Murphy miss out.

jeffers
12-03-2021, 05:42 PM
Everyone on here will tell you he is finished, can't run, injury prone etc.

Aye probably J-C, then again so was Daz apparently.

J-C
12-03-2021, 06:43 PM
Aye probably J-C, then again so was Daz apparently.

I thought he was finished also, knee's gone apparently.

Greenbeard
13-03-2021, 06:49 AM
No Friday presser yet on Hibs TV. ??????

erin go bragh
13-03-2021, 08:27 AM
Alex Miller made an interesting point that Yogi always plays 4-1-4-1 leaving them with a spare man against our formation on their last visit at ER .
Saying he was concerned as their spare man would cause us problems and he was spot on .
So , I’d imagine Yogi will be going with the same formation, so how do we counter this and stop it happening again 😉

JimBHibees
13-03-2021, 09:53 AM
No Friday presser yet on Hibs TV. ??????

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3_2muNT6a0Q

hibbysam
13-03-2021, 09:57 AM
...................Marciano
.......................Gogic
...............Irvine ..... Newell
Boyle...............................Murphy
.....................Nisbet

If all fit - not seen any news if anyone might be out.

scoopyboy
13-03-2021, 10:03 AM
Marciano
.......................Gogic
...............Irvine ..... Newell
Boyle...............................Murphy
.....................Nisbet

If all fit - not seen any news if anyone might be out.

Only Sean Mackie out is what I've been told.

Not a bad team but I would play Marciano more central than on the right. :greengrin

hibbysam
13-03-2021, 10:13 AM
Only Sean Mackie out is what I've been told.

Not a bad team but I would play Marciano more central than on the right. :greengrin

You’ve no idea how frustrated I got trying to get the spaces right and forgot all about him 😂😂

danhibees1875
13-03-2021, 10:25 AM
You’ve no idea how frustrated I got trying to get the spaces right and forgot all about him 😂😂

Been there. :greengrin

Posting a team and going back to edit in half a dozen full stops to get the left winger properly wide!

If I'm going for full presentation marks I'll swap to the default view of Hibs.net, highlight the team, and format for centralising the text.

Malthibby
13-03-2021, 12:39 PM

Aye, they'll give it 110% and have a right good go.........
Let's paste them Hibees. GG

Hiber-nation
13-03-2021, 12:48 PM
Marciano, P. McGinn, Porteous, Hanlon ©, Doig, Irvine, Gogic, Newell, Cadden, Doidge, Boyle.

Substitutes: Macey, Gray, McGregor, Stevenson, Hallberg, Allan, Wright, Magennis, Nisbet.

04Sauzee
13-03-2021, 12:48 PM
No Murphy? Must have a knock?