PDA

View Full Version : NHC Löw - Klopp - Gerrard

Keith_M
10-03-2021, 03:21 PM
With Joachim Löw announcing he's stepping down as Germany's Manager, there's talk over there of him being replaced by Jürgen Klopp.

If that happens, I think it's a very strong possibility that Gerrard will move to Anfield as his replacement.

Gerrard has finally achieved what he set out to do at Ibrox and will most likely be happy to leave on a high.

Hibernia&Alba
10-03-2021, 03:23 PM
No, mate, as Klopp was asked about it yesterday and says he wouldn't be interested in managing the national team.

MWHIBBIES
10-03-2021, 03:24 PM
Imagine going from Klopp to Gerrard. Cant see it. I think Klopp will stay, I don't think international management is at all suited to him. 40 weeks a year watching games and reading reports. He'd be bored as ****.

Tobias Funke
10-03-2021, 03:24 PM
Klopp has already said he’s not interested and will honour his contract at Liverpool, like he has done at the clubs he’s managed before.

Keith_M
10-03-2021, 03:26 PM
No, mate, as Klopp was asked about it yesterday and says he wouldn't be interested in managing the national team.

Klopp has already said he’s not interested and will honour his contract at Liverpool, like he has done at the clubs he’s managed before.

Fair enough, so it's just speculation in the German Media.

MWHIBBIES
10-03-2021, 03:28 PM

He left both previous clubs before his contracts were out. He resigned both times.

Since452
10-03-2021, 03:55 PM
He left both previous clubs before his contracts were out. He resigned both times.

After less than impressive form i believe

Lago
10-03-2021, 03:58 PM
With Joachim Löw announcing he's stepping down as Germany's Manager, there's talk over there of him being replaced by Jürgen Klopp.

If that happens, I think it's a very strong possibility that Gerrard will move to Anfield as his replacement.

Gerrard has finally achieved what he set out to do at Ibrox and will most likely be happy to leave on a high.
Who cares?

jacomo
10-03-2021, 04:03 PM

Dortmund had that awful season where they were closer to relegation than the top and Klopp decided to call it a day... but Dortmund seemed happy enough to let him go.

More recently, plenty of people there have admitted that was a mistake.

Klopp is one of the best managers of his generation, Liverpool would be mad to let him go and they seem to realise that.

Given their achievements over the past 3 years with a fairly small core group of players, and this season’s injuries, I’m not surprised that Liverpool have had a dip. I’d expect them to be back in the mix next season.

As for Gerrard, I wonder if he will leave in the summer regardless. Not sure where his next job would be though.

Northernhibee
10-03-2021, 04:06 PM
I’m no fan of English football at all but I genuinely feel sad when I see Klopp just now. Football team plummeting in terms of form, unable to attend his mother’s funeral and subject to a lot of mockery from rival fans just now.

He hates the S*n, when he speaks about politics and beliefs there is a sign of compassion and is a genuine character who when in fine fettle is a huge presence in the game.

His luck with injuries this season has been almost unbelievable. That Liverpool team of just last season played some of the most entertaining football I’ve seen in a long time. It’s sad to see now.

MWHIBBIES
10-03-2021, 04:11 PM
After less than impressive form i believe

Dortmund had that awful season where they were closer to relegation than the top and Klopp decided to call it a day... but Dortmund seemed happy enough to let him go.

More recently, plenty of people there have admitted that was a mistake.

Klopp is one of the best managers of his generation, Liverpool would be mad to let him go and they seem to realise that.

Given their achievements over the past 3 years with a fairly small core group of players, and this season’s injuries, I’m not surprised that Liverpool have had a dip. I’d expect them to be back in the mix next season.

As for Gerrard, I wonder if he will leave in the summer regardless. Not sure where his next job would be though.

The Dortmond thing was overdone a bit. They had dreadful injury issues and when the players got fit, they were good again. They were 5th in the table for the second half of the season. 7th overall, after being 17th after the first round. So clearly a good manager with dreadful injuries.

He's an excellent manager. One of the very best. Dortmund would kill for him back.

Jim44
10-03-2021, 04:26 PM

Who cares?

Probably very few. However, I would love to see ratface Gerrard away from Scottish football.

GreenCastle
10-03-2021, 04:38 PM
Gerrard has won the league spending £30 plus million in process.

Worst Scottish league for years.

Taken him 3 years to do it.

This is his only trophy so far and St Mirren knocked them out in League Cup.

It’s not like he’s cleaning up here in Scotland - they haven’t faced anyone decent yet in Europe - I expect Prague to be the toughest test yet.

He wouldn’t get 3 years at Liverpool for success - like Lampard would be sacked if things didn’t go well especially after the amazing work Klopp has done last season.

He would be found out in England - no where near the top leave managers and if Beale ever leaves his side he’s in real trouble.

In e don’t believe the hype and he’s still got lots to do to convince me he’s anywhere near other managers in the EPL.

He may get the resources at somewhere like Liverpool if he ends up there in future but plenty more competition down south compared to the 2 horse race here which was even a race this season. He was close to the sack last season remember !

LustForLeith
10-03-2021, 05:28 PM
Liverpool could do what Man United should have done with Ferguson. Identify a replacement like Gerrard if Klopp says he’s leaving at the end of his contract and have him work under Klopp. Gerard clearly knows the club really well but this will give him a chance to see what it’s like on the first team management set up.

Then when Klopp leaves Gerrard steps up. Sort of what Rangers tried to do with McCoist.

I don’t think Klopp will leave anytime soon. It’s been a tough time for him personally and professionally, they’ve lost their most influential player through injury and the intensity at which they play has drained they players.

But I wouldn’t hang on the words of someone saying they have no interest in another team. How often has that been said then turns out to be not the case...

Hibbyradge
10-03-2021, 05:30 PM
I’m no fan of English football at all...

...That Liverpool team of just last season played some of the most entertaining football I’ve seen in a long time.

:hmmm:

Northernhibee
10-03-2021, 05:33 PM
:hmmm:

As in I have no English team that I support, but will watch TV if that's on the telly, Sherlock.

:rolleyes: Smartarse :p

Hibbyradge
10-03-2021, 05:37 PM
As in I have no English team that I support, but will watch TV if that's on the telly, Sherlock.

:rolleyes: Smartarse :p

:hilarious

Hook, line and sinker :na na:

Northernhibee
10-03-2021, 05:38 PM
:hilarious

Hook, line and sinker :na na:

I'd love to have a creative comeback, but I don't, so you're a poo :na na::na na:

jacomo
10-03-2021, 07:46 PM

It’s not like he’s cleaning up here in Scotland - they haven’t faced anyone decent yet in Europe - I expect Prague to be the toughest test yet.

He wouldn’t get 3 years at Liverpool for success - like Lampard would be sacked if things didn’t go well especially after the amazing work Klopp has done last season.

He would be found out in England - no where near the top leave managers and if Beale ever leaves his side he’s in real trouble.

In e don’t believe the hype and he’s still got lots to do to convince me he’s anywhere near other managers in the EPL.

He may get the resources at somewhere like Liverpool if he ends up there in future but plenty more competition down south compared to the 2 horse race here which was even a race this season. He was close to the sack last season remember !

I’ll be honest, he’s done a lot better than I thought he would.

Failure in the cups but, ultimately, he had one big objective and he’s achieved it, plus he’s over achieved in Europe.

Northernhibee
10-03-2021, 07:51 PM

Failure in the cups but, ultimately, he had one big objective and he’s achieved it, plus he’s over achieved in Europe.

Yep, I thought that Celtic would be cruising it for at least another five years after their nine.

Part of that has been the usual Lennon collapse after a season and a half or so, but when you look back to Caixinha arguing with Rangers fans in a bush after being pumped by Progres, take the time to stop laughing, then go to look at what Rangers are like now, laugh once more, then remember how far ahead of the pack they are now, you have to respect the Progres they've made.

:faf:

Jim44
10-03-2021, 08:55 PM
Credit where it’s due, he’s done well in football terms, but never forget how horrible a person he is, that’s all.

The 90+2
10-03-2021, 09:24 PM
Cant say I’ve ever thought Gerrard as being a horrible person to be honest.

GreenCastle
10-03-2021, 09:37 PM

I though he had a good chance of winning the Treble this season but so far has failed.

Europe - I honestly don’t think they have faced a team who have spent as much as them yet. Maybe I’m wrong but when they do they will be found out. Still confident Prague will go through over 2 legs.

Jim44
10-03-2021, 09:40 PM
Cant say I’ve ever thought Gerrard as being a horrible person to be honest.

Fine. You’ve got to base your opinions about someone on what you know.

The Modfather
10-03-2021, 09:57 PM
I though he had a good chance of winning the Treble this season but so far has failed.

Europe - I honestly don’t think they have faced a team who have spent as much as them yet. Maybe I’m wrong but when they do they will be found out. Still confident Prague will go through over 2 legs.

To be fair, they won their group without losing a game. Drew home and away with Benfica, who have spent £94m this season. Lech Poznan, Benfica, Standard Liege, Royal Antwerp and in the last 16. They’ve not played any real heavyweights but I think it’s difficult to make a case that Rangers haven’t done well in Europe this season.

Keith_M
11-03-2021, 07:39 AM
To be fair, they won their group without losing a game. Drew home and away with Benfica, who have spent £94m this season. Lech Poznan, Benfica, Standard Liege, Royal Antwerp and in the last 16. They’ve not played any real heavyweights but I think it’s difficult to make a case that Rangers haven’t done well in Europe this season.

But aside from all that, what have the Roman ever done for us?

AngloHibs
11-03-2021, 09:46 AM
When Klopp leaves Liverpool his replacement will be someone with a proven track record in Europe.

Whether Gerrard eventually becomes that manager (with Rangers or elsewhere) I don't know, but all this talk of "Stevie G" taking over from Klopp any time soon is sentimental nonsense.

basehibby
11-03-2021, 01:34 PM

DISAGREE - The Rangers job may come with a good budget but it's still a job that any crap manager would be likely to **** up given the chance. Celtic of course provide a challenge but were glided past this season despite their desperation to make history by winning 10 titles in a row. The other sides in the league all have much smaller budgets but all see Rangers as a scalp and have managers capable of pouncing upon weaknesses exposed by naive tactics - but this has not happened this season - AT ALL - and that can only indicate good management.

Gerard has done well - eclipsing his recent predecessors with ease and putting together an attacking team that's easy on the eye and has been relentless in it's pursuit of success. I'm sure he'll still have much to learn but on his showing so far, Gerrard could go on to have a very successfull management career indeed.

Keith_M
11-03-2021, 04:59 PM
The biggest compliment I can pay Gerrard is that I'll be glad when he leaves Ibrox.

Just as Lennon going to Celtc led to an eventual decline, I'd be hoping that Gerrard's replacement leads them in the same direction.

Disclaimer: That does not mean I admire him or his club, before anybody takes the huff.

Hibbyradge
11-03-2021, 06:41 PM
When Klopp leaves Liverpool his replacement will be someone with a proven track record in Europe.

Whether Gerrard eventually becomes that manager (with Rangers or elsewhere) I don't know, but all this talk of "Stevie G" taking over from Klopp any time soon is sentimental nonsense.

I'm not so sure.

Few would have put money on Solskjær getting the Man U gig having only managed Molde apart from one year at Cardiff when he got them relegated.

As I type this the stickies are on the verge of another fine away result in Europe. That's going to impress Gerard's suitors.

HendoDelivered
11-03-2021, 06:51 PM
Thankfully, Klopp won’t be leaving the Pool anytime soon. I wouldn’t have any other manager in world football in charge of Liverpool over him. Adore the guy.

jacomo
11-03-2021, 08:14 PM
Thankfully, Klopp won’t be leaving the Pool anytime soon. I wouldn’t have any other manager in world football in charge of Liverpool over him. Adore the guy.

I don’t blame you.

GreenCastle
18-03-2021, 08:53 PM

First half decent team they have faced and they have been found out over 2 legs. They did well for away leg 2nd half but overall not good enough.

Hibrandenburg
18-03-2021, 09:09 PM

It'll take a while to sort out Löw's replacement, unfortunately the 80 million candidates for the job as Bundestrainer are currently employed as virologists.

heretoday
18-03-2021, 10:03 PM
If Klopp were to leave I'd imaging the powers that be at LFC would take a pause before appointing young Gerrard.

It's one thing shooting fish in a barrel in Scotland - quite another tackling the likes of Pep or Carlo.

Keith_M
19-03-2021, 08:48 AM
It'll take a while to sort out Löw's replacement, unfortunately the 80 million candidates for the job as Bundestrainer are currently employed as virologists.

And sadly you've started your truck driver training, so you can no longer accept their kind offer.

easty
19-03-2021, 09:04 AM
If Klopp were to leave I'd imaging the powers that be at LFC would take a pause before appointing young Gerrard.

It's one thing shooting fish in a barrel in Scotland - quite another tackling the likes of Pep or Carlo.

I’d love to see Gerrard get that job next season, he’d fail miserably. It’d be great to watch.

Pagan Hibernia
19-03-2021, 09:14 AM
I’d love to see Gerrard get that job next season, he’d fail miserably. It’d be great to watch.

I’m not certain about that. I think there’s the makings of a very good manager there.

it’s probably too early for him to fully do justice to the Liverpool job though

Hibbyradge
19-03-2021, 09:45 AM
Liverpool are currently a shaky 6th, 25 points behind Man City. If the teams below win their games in hand, they'd be 9th.

I'm sure Gerard could manage that.

He's done extremely well with The Rangers, winning the league so convincingly and taking them so far in Europe with a comparatively small budget. With the resources available to Liverpool, people will think he can achieve much more.

Losing Klopp would be a blow to Liverpool and the fans wouldn't like it. However, they love Gerard and appointing him would excite them and put the Klopp disappointment in the shade.

I don't like him, but I think he's s stick on for the job.

jacomo
19-03-2021, 10:45 AM
Liverpool are currently a shaky 6th, 25 points behind Man City. If the teams below win their games in hand, they'd be 9th.

I'm sure Gerard could manage that.

He's done extremely well with The Rangers, winning the league so convincingly and taking them so far in Europe with a comparatively small budget. With the resources available to Liverpool, people will think he can achieve much more.

Losing Klopp would be a blow to Liverpool and the fans wouldn't like it. However, they love Gerard and appointing him would excite them and put the Klopp disappointment in the shade.

I don't like him, but I think he's s stick on for the job.

From what I hear, love for Gerrard amongst Liverpool fans is not universal.

What Klopp has delivered there over the past three seasons - notwithstanding the current difficulties - is remarkable. Liverpool would be mad to sack him, and it is far from certain that Gerrard could replicate that success.

Pagan Hibernia
19-03-2021, 10:47 AM
From what I hear, love for Gerrard amongst Liverpool fans is not universal.

What Klopp has delivered there over the past three seasons - notwithstanding the current difficulties - is remarkable. Liverpool would be mad to sack him, and it is far from certain that Gerrard could replicate that success.

they definitely won’t sack him. If I was a Liverpool fan I’d be worried about him walking away at the end of his contract though.

Hibrandenburg
19-03-2021, 11:46 AM
they definitely won’t sack him. If I was a Liverpool fan I’d be worried about him walking away at the end of his contract though.

If he walks away it will be for a step up the ladder, taking the job as Bundestrainer at this stage would be a step down.

Pagan Hibernia
19-03-2021, 01:19 PM
If he walks away it will be for a step up the ladder, taking the job as Bundestrainer at this stage would be a step down.

he’s the kind of guy that it wouldn’t surprise me if he just walked away from the game altogether and devoted his life to something else. Very interesting character and I’m sure he’s got other interests outside of football.

Paul1642
19-03-2021, 01:27 PM
I wonder if Real Madrid would offer him their manager job at the end of the season. Seem to recall a few moths back that Zidane was as good as gone at the end of the season (perhaps not if he wins the CL though). Barcelona and Juventus may also ask the question.

ScottB
19-03-2021, 11:51 PM

I think German coaches see it as a step up. The BBC’s Euroleagues podcast last week reckoned the current Bayern manager would quit if offered the national team.

GreenCastle
25-04-2021, 08:25 PM
1 trophy from 4 this season for Stevie G.

Losing to both Saints...in cup games is failure.

Stand by he’s massively over rated.

Jones28
25-04-2021, 08:46 PM
Don’t agree with him being over rated, very good change of them going a season unbeaten.

Keith_M
25-04-2021, 09:04 PM
Don’t agree with him being over rated, very good change of them going a season unbeaten.

They've already lost twice, in both Cups.

:wink:

givescotlandfreedom
25-04-2021, 09:49 PM
They've already lost twice, in both Cups.

:wink:

And Europe

GreenCastle
26-04-2021, 06:27 AM

They have spent millions and have 1 trophy to show for it.

Getting knocked out 3 cups - 2 of those teams with a fraction of the budget and losing at Ibrox too after being 1-0 up.

Gerrard has now won only 1 trophy in 3 years!!! That’s not a good record considering the £££ spent.

EI255
26-04-2021, 06:59 AM
Ruler fringe Goldson has just agreed new £30k pw deal.

Staggering, considering the past debt due by that outfit.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Jones28
26-04-2021, 08:13 AM
They have spent millions and have 1 trophy to show for it.

Getting knocked out 3 cups - 2 of those teams with a fraction of the budget and losing at Ibrox too after being 1-0 up.

Gerrard has now won only 1 trophy in 3 years!!! That’s not a good record considering the £££ spent.

They're still very likely going to go a league season unbeaten, a very impressive result regardless of cup results.