PDA

View Full Version : Leeanne Dempster replacement ?

GreenCastle
10-03-2021, 02:43 PM
Announced she was leaving November 26th.

We are now 4 months on and no replacement.

Ron mentioned recently he didn’t want to rush a replacement and happy with staff he has at the club. Obviously saving a salary at the same time!!

Do we think we will see a replacement anytime soon?

Does anyone know the structure at the top of the club and who is responsible for each area ? I’m sure we had a few other staff members leave in last few months so any clarity would be useful.

Stuart93
10-03-2021, 02:48 PM

Ron mentioned recently he didn’t want to rush a replacement and happy with staff he has at the club. Obviously saving a salary at the same time!!

Does anyone know the structure at the top of the club and who is responsible for each area ? I’m sure we had a few other staff members leave in last few months so any clarity would be useful.

I’d imagine they’ll now wait until the summer/new season

ian cruise
10-03-2021, 02:48 PM

There's an update on the in the KP update thread. I don't want to paraphrase as I'll likely get it wrong but it's worth checking out.

Edit - just checked and it was shorter than I remembered

"CEO search - This is ongoing (prioritising making the right choice over a quick decision). Club is very content we have the right people in the right places to continue successfully interim".

This must have been raised on another thread as someone (I'm sure KP) said there was a long list the club were working through and there were many names folk were excited about on it. All sounded positive.

Billy Whizz
10-03-2021, 03:10 PM
There's an update on the in the KP update thread. I don't want to paraphrase as I'll likely get it wrong but it's worth checking out.

Edit - just checked and it was shorter than I remembered

"CEO search - This is ongoing (prioritising making the right choice over a quick decision). Club is very content we have the right people in the right places to continue successfully interim".

This must have been raised on another thread as someone (I'm sure KP) said there was a long list the club were working through and there were many names folk were excited about on it. All sounded positive.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I thought Ron said when LD left, that she’d be replaced in a month???

Since90+2
10-03-2021, 03:17 PM
Don't see an issue with waiting till the summer if that's what's required. We are currently sitting 3rd so it's not as if it's impacted the playing side in the short term.

CMurdoch
10-03-2021, 03:29 PM
Think it's part of our money saving strategy.
Makes sense until that expertise is required

bingo70
10-03-2021, 03:41 PM
Don't see an issue with waiting till the summer if that's what's required. We are currently sitting 3rd so it's not as if it's impacted the playing side in the short term.

I would have thought a big part of Dempsters job would be the following:-

Negotiate kit manufacturing deals- Macrons end this summer according to another thread.

Season ticket pricing and promotion- could really do with the replacement in a month or so ago for that.

New contract negotiations- doesnt seem to have hampered us so far.

Budget planning for summer transfer activity.

Negotiating the big sponsorship deals for the following season.

If we can get by without her then great and as much as it sounds like I’m moaning I don’t care that much really. would have thought though that the last few months would have been the busiest for someone in her role at a club like ours.

When Celtic appoint Jack Ross we will really need to get a wriggle on to get her replacement in so they can start the search for the new manager 😉

Smartie
10-03-2021, 03:41 PM
Think it's part of our money saving strategy.
Makes sense until that expertise is required

I am a bit concerned that there is a bit of a void there at the moment and we could do with the expertise now.

We’ll be needing to get next season’s squad sorted (part of Aberdeen punting McInnes now) and issues like the historical child abuse statement will pop up from time to time without warning. We might need a strong presence as they debate the continuation of Scottish football and the Scottish cup happening over the coming weeks.

I’m happy with taking time to get the right appointment though, and that’s way preferable to rushing into the wrong appointment.

Since452
10-03-2021, 03:50 PM
We should just look at what Hearts are doing and do the complete opposite

we are hibs
10-03-2021, 05:38 PM
Perhaps the person we want is already in a job and wont be available until the end of the season.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Iain G
10-03-2021, 05:54 PM
Maybe I’m wrong, but I thought Ron said when LD left, that she’d be replaced in a month???

Yeah he just didn't say in which month 😁

bigwheel
10-03-2021, 05:55 PM
Perhaps the person we want is already in a job and wont be available until the end of the season.

Budge ???

Billy Whizz
10-03-2021, 06:00 PM

I’m sure would have known LD was leaving long before it was announced
I’m surprised no one has come into replace her

Hibbyradge
10-03-2021, 06:16 PM

I think this is the most likely reason for the delay.

bigwheel
10-03-2021, 06:18 PM
I think this is the most likely reason for the delay.

Why would that be......Admin people don’t have roles that are fixed to dates related to a football season. They have permanent contracts with notice periods .....

lord bunberry
10-03-2021, 06:40 PM
We’re going to need a shirt sponsor as well for next season.

Iggy Pope
10-03-2021, 06:47 PM
Why would that be......Admin people don’t have roles that are fixed to dates related to a football season. They have permanent contracts with notice periods .....

Admin people :greengrin
Maybe some have a season long contract with a three month notice period?

Iggy Pope
10-03-2021, 06:49 PM
I’m sure would have known LD was leaving long before it was announced
I’m surprised no one has come into replace her

Are we managing all right without her just now do you think Billy? What’s your fears?

gbhibby
10-03-2021, 06:50 PM
Alan Burrows at Motherwell would be a good shout.

erin go bragh
10-03-2021, 07:05 PM

7 up or 32 Red 🤞

CapitalGreen
10-03-2021, 07:05 PM
Alan Burrows at Motherwell would be a good shout.

Based on what out of interest?

bingo70
10-03-2021, 07:17 PM

I think he comes across excellent at his job.

He started off as their equivalent of a fans rep I’m sure so is in his dream job right now.

I remember arguing with people before that we couldn’t tempt him even with more money. I still think for some people there’s more to their dream job than money and he falls into that category.

gbhibby
10-03-2021, 07:20 PM
Won the SPFL CEO of the year 2019. Watched a few interviews with him comes across well.Has a bit of depth about him

B.H.F.C
10-03-2021, 07:40 PM

Getting sponsors and commercial partners on board doesn’t seem to have been an issue since that side of the club was revamped.

Could be wrong, but I don’t think a CEO would be leading on sourcing a shirt sponsor.

Billy Whizz
10-03-2021, 07:42 PM
Getting sponsors and commercial partners on board doesn’t seem to have been an issue since that side of the club was revamped.

Could be wrong, but I don’t think a CEO would be leading on sourcing a short sponsor.

I agree, but they would be in directing on the sort of sum of money we’d be looking for it

GreenCastle
10-03-2021, 07:44 PM
Did the club fill the recent Head of Communications and Content role? Job still advertised on website but closing date was 17th Feb.

Does anyone know the club structure? I'm sure it used to be on website but can't see it. Just interested to know who looks after each area.

FilipinoHibs
10-03-2021, 08:19 PM

Someone likely to fill the role probably has at least a 3 to 6 month notice period.

SMAXXA
10-03-2021, 10:47 PM
I am a bit concerned that there is a bit of a void there at the moment and we could do with the expertise now.

We’ll be needing to get next season’s squad sorted (part of Aberdeen punting McInnes now) and issues like the historical child abuse statement will pop up from time to time without warning. We might need a strong presence as they debate the continuation of Scottish football and the Scottish cup happening over the coming weeks.

I’m happy with taking time to get the right appointment though, and that’s way preferable to rushing into the wrong appointment.

So are you concerned or content I’m confused 😂

Smartie
10-03-2021, 10:53 PM
So are you concerned or content I’m confused 😂

Concerned that we don’t have someone in place as I think we need someone now.

Prepared to accept though that it would be better to wait and get the right person than to rush in and appoint the wrong person.

So a bit conflicted.

ian cruise
10-03-2021, 10:58 PM

The articles I found when she left we're just Ron thanking her for her service. Last communication from Ron Gordon was the club were happy to wait for the right person.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-chief-ron-gordon-content-take-his-time-hunt-leeann-dempster-replacement-3086510%3famp

SMAXXA
10-03-2021, 11:12 PM
Concerned that we don’t have someone in place as I think we need someone now.

Prepared to accept though that it would be better to wait and get the right person than to rush in and appoint the wrong person.

So a bit conflicted.

Yeah absolutely better waiting for the right fit for what we want as it’s a crucial position within the club.

We have enough experience and knowledge within to manage just now and there are people that have been through the various processes with LD previously so I don’t think there is any gaps as such with not having a replacement. Longer term needs filled obviously as I’m not saying we don’t need one.

Clarence
13-03-2021, 08:27 AM
We absolutely need a CEO now. There won’t be a more challenging time for the club and we need strong leadership now more than ever. It’s at times like this that decisions are made that make a real difference as to whether we can prosper out of this crisis and there is a risk that we are delaying making crucial decisions because they are waiting for the new CEO to take their seat. Sort it out Gordo.

SChibs
13-03-2021, 08:30 AM
We absolutely need a CEO now. There won’t be a more challenging time for the club and we need strong leadership now more than ever. It’s at times like this that decisions are made that make a real difference as to whether we can prosper out of this crisis and there is a risk that we are delaying making crucial decisions because they are waiting for the new CEO to take their seat. Sort it out Gordo.

Maybe the new CEO has been identified and we are waiting for the season to end before they take the role. I'd rather wait slightly longer and get the right person. Ron Gordon is a successful businessman so I trust his judgement on this one and I will continue do so until I have a reason not to. None of really know what is going on behind the scenes at the end of the day

Clarence
13-03-2021, 08:38 AM
Maybe the new CEO has been identified and we are waiting for the season to end before they take the role. I'd rather wait slightly longer and get the right person. Ron Gordon is a successful businessman so I trust his judgement on this one and I will continue do so until I have a reason not to. None of really know what is going on behind the scenes at the end of the day

I suppose if we have identified someone already in a role then the decent thing to do is to wait until the end of the season however the risk is still out there that there is no one at the helm during stormy times.

Hibbyradge
13-03-2021, 08:38 AM

Many senior staff have contracts, but I was more thinking that the individual doesn't want to leave his current employers and colleagues in the lurch at an important time in the season.

We don't know who is being looked at or what role they are currently performing. They may not even be in football but have to give a notice period.

PatHead
13-03-2021, 09:35 AM
I said at the time that I didn't think she would get replaced. Ron Gordon is very hands on and everything is run by him before any action is taken. If I was a Managing Director I would want to be the one making the decisions.

He is gradually turning over the staff with Colin Millar the latest to leave. He won't be the last either.
While I know that there is always staff turnover it worries me that they might not "get the club"and just see it as a j
Stepping stone to something better. Many of the old board were Hibs supporters and while they had been there too long they knew the club and what it stands for.
I hope that we don't make the mistake of running without a senior member of staff like the old days but will be surprised to see the position filled this year unless the new marketing guy gets promotion.

Heckys Wheel
15-03-2021, 11:29 AM
I said at the time that I didn't think she would get replaced. Ron Gordon is very hands on and everything is run by him before any action is taken. If I was a Managing Director I would want to be the one making the decisions.

He is gradually turning over the staff with Colin Millar the latest to leave. He won't be the last either.
While I know that there is always staff turnover it worries me that they might not "get the club"and just see it as a j
Stepping stone to something better. Many of the old board were Hibs supporters and while they had been there too long they knew the club and what it stands for.
I hope that we don't make the mistake of running without a senior member of staff like the old days but will be surprised to see the position filled this year unless the new marketing guy gets promotion.

I did wonder if we’d bother with a chief exec, even before Leeann left due to Ron’s involvement.

By all accounts the Head of Marketing is highly thought of and could well be promoted into another role. He certainly seems to be shaking up the staff and cutting the previous reign loose.

bingo70
14-05-2021, 07:38 PM
Been trying to find the link but did Ron say at the AGM we would have an appointment in place by the end of the season?

With all that’s going on just now they’ve maybe decided to wait until after the cup final.

Torto7
14-05-2021, 07:55 PM
Is Archibald Paton still involved with the club?

gbhibby
14-05-2021, 07:56 PM
Just get Jack Ross to do it in his spare time after all he has a Masters in Economics clever guy.

greenginger
14-05-2021, 08:07 PM
The club appointed a new Secretary , Chris Gaunt, at the beginning of May.