PDA

View Full Version : Rangers fans

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Monts
06-03-2021, 04:11 PM
Already been officially criticised for gathering outside Ibrox today, but according to open all mics, all the players and staff went to the gates at full time to applaud them.

DaveF
06-03-2021, 04:12 PM
Probably in a bid to get them to **** off after being acknowledged.

kaimendhibs
06-03-2021, 04:13 PM
And you know nothing will happen

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hibrandenburg
06-03-2021, 04:13 PM
Already been officially criticised for gathering outside Ibrox today, but according to open all mics, all the players and staff went to the gates at full time to applaud them.

Just showed that on Sportscene. Sturgeon will be fuming.

bod
06-03-2021, 04:14 PM
Polis doing nowt to try & move them away

Monts
06-03-2021, 04:15 PM
Probably in a bid to get them to **** off after being acknowledged.

Except all it does is encourage them to show up for the next game too

The 90+2
06-03-2021, 04:16 PM
We would do the same if we won the cup or the league let’s be honest.

Betty Boop
And our fans wouldn't do the same if we won the league ?

Iggy Pope

They did, filmed live on Soccer Saturday. Even Jeff suggested they shouldn’t be doing it.

A Hi-Bee
Admins can we please **** this thread off as the hun and their toxic support have no place on a family forum.
**** the hun

:cb

Itsnoteasy
06-03-2021, 04:17 PM
Except all it does is encourage them to show up for the next game too

That will be fun as its at Darkheid

Fratelli
06-03-2021, 04:17 PM
Already reported as ‘no arrests’, now there’s a shock...not!

The dalmeny
06-03-2021, 04:18 PM

should’ve turned water cannon on the dirty *******

Billy Whizz
06-03-2021, 04:19 PM

No arrests earlier either

Tommy75
06-03-2021, 04:19 PM
No arrests made (probably no fines issued either). Rangers players go to the gates to celebtate with the fans.

I wonder if Police Scotland will respond in a similar way to the 2016 SC final. Surely enough evidence to trace down the fans. Will there be a mass media condemnation of the actions of the fans and players? Doubt it.

Since452
06-03-2021, 04:20 PM
Rangers* fans make up their own rules. Always have. Thick as mince. Unfortunately they're allowed to continue breeding with each other.

Bishop Hibee
06-03-2021, 04:20 PM

Given the right wing politics of a lot of sticky bun fans there will be a higher proportion of Covid deniers in the support. I dare say some would turn up at ER in the unlikely event as Saintees fans did last week but not in such numbers. No wonder the rate is higher in the weej.

Monts
06-03-2021, 04:22 PM

I'm not saying there wouldn't be hibs fans there if we won the league. But given its currently illegal to do so, the club would be heavily criticised it they were encouraging it.

The dalmeny
06-03-2021, 04:22 PM

same the other night at the Livi ‘gap’ *****

Andy74
06-03-2021, 04:25 PM

We?

I wouldn’t, would you?

The Harp Awakes
06-03-2021, 04:26 PM

The polis will be celebrating with them :greengrin

Billy Whizz
06-03-2021, 04:26 PM
The polis will be celebrating with them :greengrin

Made me laugh

Fergus52
06-03-2021, 04:27 PM
Currently live down that way in Glasgow and got spat at and called a Fenian c*** when I cycled past a group of them in a green tracksuit top this morning

Alfred E Newman
06-03-2021, 04:28 PM
Given the right wing politics of a lot of sticky bun fans there will be a higher proportion of Covid deniers in the support. I dare say some would turn up at ER in the unlikely event as Saintees fans did last week but not in such numbers. No wonder the rate is higher in the weej.

Your first sentence is utter nonsense.

twiceinathens
06-03-2021, 04:28 PM
And how many celebratory house parties will there be?

Booker5time
06-03-2021, 04:36 PM
I know we suppose to hate the Rangers, but is anyone really suprised ? Fans have been locked out of grounds for nearly a year now with no social interaction with the club or players and about to win the league.

Can anyone honestly say if we where about to win the league. we would not be doing the same.

Just look at what Leeds and Liverpool fans did when they won there leagues.

calumhibee1
06-03-2021, 04:37 PM

They haven’t won the league.

The club should be absolutely hammered. The players are encouraging it and have shown they’ll participate. Imagine how many will turn up next week when they will actually win the league now.

Sir David Gray
06-03-2021, 04:37 PM
We?

I wouldn’t, would you?

I think it was more of a collective "we".

Of course there would be Hibs fans gathering outside Easter Road if we were on the brink of winning the title.

Iggy Pope
06-03-2021, 04:38 PM

The first 12 words in his sentence are irrefutable ....

bigwheel
06-03-2021, 04:40 PM

I don’t think it is at all. I’d say it is factually correct

The 90+2
06-03-2021, 04:41 PM
We?

I wouldn’t, would you?

Too right I would.

HibeeHibernian4
06-03-2021, 04:42 PM
I'd hope/expect our players to have done the same if we'd won the League Cup (and yes, there would have been fans out partying on the streets if that had happened).

Dashing Bob S
06-03-2021, 04:53 PM
We would be the very same.

We would NOT get the very same response from the police or the footballing authorities.

Pagan Hibernia
06-03-2021, 04:57 PM
I know we suppose to hate the Rangers, but is anyone really suprised ? Fans have been locked out of grounds for nearly a year now with no social interaction with the club or players and about to win the league.

Can anyone honestly say if we where about to win the league. we would not be doing the same.

correct.

heretoday
06-03-2021, 04:59 PM

Exactly. They've waited a long time for it. The *******.

Franck Stanton
06-03-2021, 05:03 PM
We would be the very same.

We would NOT get the very same response from the police or the footballing authorities.

Exactly, look at the way the Glasgow media pilloried the club/ supporters in 2016.
Listened to comments on radio, they were all saying positive things about " the good natured rangers fans" could " understand as they have waited for so long for success". Aye right.
Had that been any support apart from the ugly sisters, then the attitude would be so different.
Christ, they haven't even won the league yet, ( I know it is almost but hey, I am being pedantic).

Hibrandenburg
06-03-2021, 05:07 PM

If it was Hibs the police would be getting stuck in about them.

Chorley Hibee
06-03-2021, 05:10 PM
Think back to the witch-hunt that the authorities and press waged upon Hibs and their support after the cup-final.

Now watch the same people do/say nothing about behaviour like this in the midst of a global pandemic.

You couldn't mark their necks with a blowtorch.

Glory Lurker
06-03-2021, 05:11 PM
On one hand, football fans again behave in a way that explains why football fans are viewed the way they are by decision makers, and on the other football players by encouraging them show that they don't realise how privileged a position they have enjoyed over the last seven months.

As someone who sticks to the rules this all does my nut in regardless of the added insult of it being the orcs. And yes, I wouldn't have been near ER if we'd won the Scottish or the League Cup.

06-03-2021, 05:12 PM
Imagine going bust, working your way up over 10 years with a lot of piss taking and misery then a pandemic hitting once your club finally achieved something so you can’t even go to the games or the pub.

You then have to make do with letting off some flares outside the stadium then slinking back to rub one out over your picture of the queen.

Unlucky huns. The pubs were magic after 21/05. You’ll never know what it could have been like.

Hibs90
06-03-2021, 05:14 PM
Anyone seen Josh Taylor (supposed Hibs fan) tweet congratulating them?

Hibs fan my arse.

calumhibee1
06-03-2021, 05:17 PM
Think back to the witch-hunt that the authorities and press waged upon Hibs and their support after the cup-final.

Now watch the same people do/say nothing about behaviour like this in the midst of a global pandemic.

:agree:

Mr-andy-p
06-03-2021, 05:19 PM
Imagine going bust, working your way up over 10 years with a lot of piss taking and misery then a pandemic hitting once your club finally achieved something so you can’t even go to the games

You then have to make do with letting off some flares outside the stadium then slinking back to rub one out over your picture of the queen.

Unlucky huns. The pubs were magic after 21/05. You’ll never know what it could have been like.

Your living in cloud cookoo land if you think they are gonna be bothered about that and not partying in houses, back gardens, man caves anyway.

They have stopped the holy grail of ten in a row for an old firm fan.

Pretty Boy
06-03-2021, 05:22 PM
Hibs fans are no different from other fans. If we won something, fans would gather at the ground in numbers.

Liverpool fans, Leeds fans, St Johnstone fans and now Rangers fans have all been there in the last year. I know some like to believe Hibs fans are cut from a different cloth but the reality is that many would act in exactly the same way.

Was there a massively different response from the Police towards St Johnstone fans last week? I know the numbers involved would be different but was there many arrests? Water cannons? Baton charges?

Bishop Hibee
06-03-2021, 05:39 PM

Really? There was research done recently which showed people who voted for Brexit were more likely to be Covid deniers. Take a look at social media and you’ll see Rangers fans have more right wing views than other fan groups. I’ve had two conservative councillors commenting on a post I put on Twitter and guess which team they supported....

hibbysam
06-03-2021, 06:12 PM
Anyone seen Josh Taylor (supposed Hibs fan) tweet congratulating them?

Hibs fan my arse.

He is a Hibs fan, to say otherwise is wrong 😂 he’s also in a ticket selling business and after winding them up for years, will now be looking to get as many as possible onside.

The Spaceman
06-03-2021, 06:15 PM
This will be the biggest league title in any of their lives. They’ve been through a lot of hurt since 2010 and have just stopped their bitter rivals from achieving history with 10IAR. If that was Hibs in that situation, we’d all be calling those celebrations brilliant. It’s almost like saying if we’d won the Scottish Cup this year instead of 2016 that everyone would have stayed home - not a chance!

gbhibby
06-03-2021, 06:20 PM
Who cares let them celebrate their first major trophy.

Sylar
06-03-2021, 06:21 PM
Liverpool, Leeds, St Johnstone last week...it's hard to criticise them today - they are, after all, set to win their first ever trophy as a club.

Must have been between 10-20k outside Ibrox today from what I saw - I watched the match with my in-laws (who have access via their virtual season tickets and Rangers TV) and the players did indeed run to one of the exits after the game to celebrate with them. They were still very distant though.

It doesn't look great in a global pandemic, and I find myself annoyed (given how high case numbers are in Glasgow) and unsurprised in equal measures. Having said that, they didn't win the league today...

Andy74
06-03-2021, 06:22 PM
Too right I would.

Okay. I haven’t been in my parents’ house for nearly a year now so I could probably wait for a football gathering until we aren’t in a full lockdown.

chrisski33
06-03-2021, 06:28 PM
Some of the Hibs support would have done the same the majority wouldnt. the rangers players should have not charged over to the gates but they did. Will they get punished for it no? Would Hibs fan get punished for being at ER if we were in same position? Probably yes or at least moved on. Authorities are too scared of the Old Firm.

Vault Boy
06-03-2021, 06:28 PM
I think you're well within your rights to criticise the fans that attended a large gathering during the pandemic, regardless of hypotheticals about our own support.

If we'd just won a cup and a bunch of Hibs fans rocked up at ER or Hampden during lockdown, I'd call them selfish pricks too. As it happens, Hibs fans haven't done that, Rangers fans have, and that makes them selfish pricks.

B.H.F.C
06-03-2021, 06:31 PM
The fans you can almost understand. Any club who has won something it’s happened.

But players joining in is a joke. Gerrard hanging out of the dressing room window to join in.

Pretty Boy
06-03-2021, 06:32 PM
Some of the Hibs support would have done the same the majority wouldnt. the rangers players should have not charged over to the gates but they did. Will they get punished for it no? Would Hibs fan get punished for being at ER if we were in same position? Probably yes or at least moved on. Authorities are too scared of the Old Firm.

How were St Johnstone fans dealt with last week?

Genuine question as it would be good to point out the different approach of the Police to Rangers fans when the topic inevitably comes up across various online platforms and in real life over the coming weeks when it inevitably happens again.

hibbysam
06-03-2021, 06:33 PM
How were St Johnstone fans dealt with last week?

Genuine question as it would be good to point out the different approach of the Police to Rangers fans when the topic inevitably comes up across various online platforms and in real life over the coming weeks when it inevitably happens again.

No reports of any arrests as far as I can see, or fines being handed out. Would imagine the exact same as today.

Brightside
06-03-2021, 06:34 PM
That’s a ****ing disgrace. Club should be heavily fined. Glasgow will now have a spike and our exit from lockdown will get ****ed up by smelly little *******s in govan.

SteveHFC
06-03-2021, 06:35 PM
If we can’t get fans into Hampden for the Euro’s due to these idiots i’ll be not surprised.

gbhibby
06-03-2021, 06:36 PM
Expect pictures to be released by the Daily Record caption "do you know these people" I think not, but after all they are breaking the law

neil7908
06-03-2021, 06:37 PM

Agree 100%. Apart from a few cases of handbags at the 2016 final there was no real danger to anyone. And yet we got a massive police operation afterwards and our fans were torn apart in the press.

We now have a deadly virus that's killed 100k+ in this country, with Sevco fans actions genuinely putting people at risk of dying or developing very serious, long term health issues. And all because they've had to wait 10 years for a trophy they've won 50+and times anyway (according to the football authorities at least).

And we will hear nothing about this in a couple of days time.

Pretty Boy
06-03-2021, 06:39 PM
No reports of any arrests as far as I can see, or fines being handed out. Would imagine the exact same as today.

Thanks. Obviously different numbers involved but that seems consistent.

Fwiw Rangers as a club should be in bother for their manager and players engaging with the crowds (as should St Johnstone if it happened with them).

In these situations I think the police are always likely to take a passive approach though regardless of who the fans involved are. It would seem the 2 real life examples we have back that up.

hibbysam
06-03-2021, 06:43 PM
Thanks. Obviously different numbers involved but that seems consistent.

Fwiw Rangers as a club should be in bother for their manager and players engaging with the crowds (as should St Johnstone if it happened with them).

In these situations I think the police are always likely to take a passive approach though regardless of who the fans involved are. It would seem the 2 real life examples we have back that up.

As much as we would all love it, the police don’t have the resources nor the stupidity to Wade into a huge crowd of thousands and start arresting or fining. Likewise at the protests/marches last year during lockdown 1.

I’m also not sure how you would punish a club who’s players stayed confined to their stadium for celebrating. I doubt there will be any rule available for that.

hibbysam
06-03-2021, 06:44 PM
Deleted.

Resulting in the rest of us falling behind again? No thanks. The sooner this sorry episode is over the better.

Jones28
06-03-2021, 06:45 PM
Wooooooow

Steve20
06-03-2021, 06:51 PM
They shouldn’t be there.

But also there wouldn’t be this outrage on here if Celtic had won the league.

Can we stop the Celtic love in please? It’s pathetic and looks it.

Iain G
06-03-2021, 06:55 PM
Your living in cloud cookoo land if you think they are gonna be bothered about that and not partying in houses, back gardens, man caves anyway.

Then these selfish ***** can take full responsibility for any of their friends and family who get covid from their celebrations. Idiotic, self absorbed cretins the lot of them.

Brightside
06-03-2021, 06:56 PM
They shouldn’t be there.

Eh? I can’t stand them. No matter what cloth they are cut from.

CropleyWasGod
06-03-2021, 06:59 PM
They shouldn’t be there.

They have been mentioned twice on this thread. Both times by you 😆

Chuck Rhoades
06-03-2021, 06:59 PM
If we were in their position, we’d* have done that exact same

*appreciate not everyone, but Hibs fans would have been out in their hundreds.

Jones28
06-03-2021, 07:09 PM
They shouldn’t be there.

I think the point is that thousands of them are out in force during a global pandemic and there was similar outrage when those ***** were storming Celtic park a few months ago.

lexihibby
06-03-2021, 07:24 PM
Problem is that it was ok to be at George Square for Black Lives Matter protest. Can’t have it all ways

Andy74
06-03-2021, 07:26 PM
They shouldn’t be there.

Weird post.

jax67
06-03-2021, 07:32 PM

Let's be honest, our fans would be witch hunted and fined or jailed for the same thing the the's did today.

JimBHibees
06-03-2021, 07:42 PM
They shouldn’t be there.

Nonsense Celtic fans were called out when they were protesting about Lennon

rotherhamrob
06-03-2021, 07:44 PM

100%

JimBHibees
06-03-2021, 07:44 PM
Problem is that it was ok to be at George Square for Black Lives Matter protest. Can’t have it all ways

Don't think it was

lexihibby
06-03-2021, 08:08 PM
Don't think it was

Don’t remember the Scottish Government coming out in the same way they did with Celtic and Rangers

Brightside
06-03-2021, 08:08 PM
100%

No. About 10%.

Magpie
06-03-2021, 08:17 PM
I’m not really surprised tbh but I’d be lying if I said it was bothering me.

Police will need to be on high alert for next weekend because if Rangers fans turn up to celebrate at Celtic Park you can guarantee there will be trouble.

Sir David Gray
06-03-2021, 08:20 PM
I’m not really surprised tbh but I’d be lying if I said it was bothering me.

Police will need to be on high alert for next weekend because if Rangers fans turn up to celebrate at Celtic Park you can guarantee there will be trouble.

It's in two weeks' time but yeah I agree with that.

Magpie
06-03-2021, 08:25 PM
It's in two weeks' time but yeah I agree with that.

Keep thinking it’s next week for some reason 😂 I know they play a few days after the Europa League so probably getting confused with that.

CropleyWasGod
06-03-2021, 08:41 PM
Don’t remember the Scottish Government coming out in the same way they did with Celtic and Rangers

Let me help you 😉

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-52936440

Sir David Gray
06-03-2021, 08:43 PM
Keep thinking it’s next week for some reason 😂 I know they play a few days after the Europa League so probably getting confused with that.

Yeah I know I did too until earlier on. I think it's because we play Ross County next week I just assumed it was a full fixture list but it's actually just a catch up weekend for games in hand.

hibbysam
06-03-2021, 08:44 PM
Let me help you 😉

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-52936440

There wasn’t a backlash after it though.

CropleyWasGod
06-03-2021, 08:53 PM
There wasn’t a backlash after it though.

It was a front lash.

That can be worse 😳

silverhibee
06-03-2021, 09:19 PM

I'm sure we would, I'm positive the police would bail in and disperse us, that's the problem.

Lancs Harp
06-03-2021, 09:26 PM
Buckfast makes you immune to Covid.

Sir David Gray
06-03-2021, 09:27 PM
I'm sure we would, I'm positive the police would bail in and disperse us, that's the problem.

I doubt they would to be honest if there were thousands in attendance and no sign of trouble.

AugustaHibs
06-03-2021, 09:31 PM
They haven’t won the league.

The club should be absolutely hammered. The players are encouraging it and have shown they’ll participate. Imagine how many will turn up next week when they will actually win the league now.

Sorry, but why should the club be hammered? They haven’t invited them into ibrox on the pretence of free bevy and a seat in the ground to watch the game?

AugustaHibs
06-03-2021, 09:33 PM
People saying the police should step in with batons and tear gas clearly don’t have a clue

CropleyWasGod
06-03-2021, 09:40 PM
Sorry, but why should the club be hammered? They haven’t invited them into ibrox on the pretence of free bevy and a seat in the ground to watch the game?

The club shouldn't be blamed for what the fans did. But the players need to look at themselves.

Sir David Gray
06-03-2021, 09:40 PM

The club's not to blame for the fans turning up in the first place but I do think the players and staff were completely in the wrong for going to acknowledge the fans at full time.

The authorities should be taking a dim view of that.

Brightside
06-03-2021, 09:41 PM

What did they do to stop it. Did they fence off the area? No.

Sir David Gray
06-03-2021, 09:42 PM
People saying the police should step in with batons and tear gas clearly don’t have a clue

I agree with you here.

Going in with batons and tear gas would have made things so much worse.

ian cruise
06-03-2021, 09:44 PM
I'm sure we'll see a police response similar to the one after the Scottish Cup final in 2016, pictures in the media, absolute man hunt. Might even hold me breathe just waiting for it.

CropleyWasGod
06-03-2021, 09:44 PM
What did they do to stop it. Did they fence off the area? No.

Clubs aren't responsible for the actions of their fans.

CropleyWasGod
06-03-2021, 09:46 PM
I agree with you here.

One part of me thinks a few cracked Hun heads is not "so much worse" 😁

But the sensible part of me agrees with you.

Brightside
06-03-2021, 09:47 PM
Clubs aren't responsible for the actions of their fans.

I know the rules. Understand your point. But did Rangers say Please don’t come to the ground. Then knowing they’d come did they do anything tos top them being so close to the ground?

Lancs Harp
06-03-2021, 09:47 PM
I agree with you here.

Temazepam would have been far more productive.:greengrin

CMurdoch
06-03-2021, 09:48 PM
problem is that it was ok to be at george square for black lives matter protest. Can’t have it all ways

ltyf

CMurdoch
06-03-2021, 09:50 PM
your living in cloud cookoo land if you think they are gonna be bothered about that and not partying in houses, back gardens, man caves anyway.

ltyf

hibbysam
06-03-2021, 09:53 PM
I know the rules. Understand your point. But did Rangers say Please don’t come to the ground. Then knowing they’d come did they do anything tos top them being so close to the ground?

That’s the police’s job, not Rangers’. Not sure what you expect them to do, block off the streets around the stadium meaning cars and emergency vehicles can’t get up and down? What can they do about the paths?

As for the players, the fans were already there, not sure it made any difference that they went over to the fans, not like it was planned so the fans knew to hang about.

CMurdoch
06-03-2021, 10:20 PM
Then these selfish ***** can take full responsibility for any of their friends and family who get covid from their celebrations. Idiotic, self absorbed cretins the lot of them.

Billy & Orangina your selfishness has killed granny. She won't get her 40th birthday party next week and it's all your fault.

AugustaHibs
06-03-2021, 10:44 PM
Rangers release a statement asking fans not to come to the ground.... how many of them do you honestly think would listen? I hate the huns as much as anyone but you can’t charge the club over it. Same as what’s happened when a side has won a title in almost every country on the planet

Brightside
06-03-2021, 10:45 PM
That’s the police’s job, not Rangers’. Not sure what you expect them to do, block off the streets around the stadium meaning cars and emergency vehicles can’t get up and down? What can they do about the paths?

As for the players, the fans were already there, not sure it made any difference that they went over to the fans, not like it was planned so the fans knew to hang about.

Did Rangers say. Do not come to the stadium? Did they do anything to stop it. It is 100% up to them to encourage them to keep to the rules. Once the spike comes those fans will blame sturgeon for another look down.

AugustaHibs
06-03-2021, 11:05 PM
Did Rangers say. Do not come to the stadium? Did they do anything to stop it. It is 100% up to them to encourage them to keep to the rules. Once the spike comes those fans will blame sturgeon for another look down.

Just like the non existent spikes that came after the BLM rallies that happened all over the world last June? What the fans did today wasn’t right but let’s not get hysterical over ‘waves’ that most likely won’t happen

Brightside
06-03-2021, 11:08 PM
Just like the non existent spikes that came after the BLM rallies that happened all over the world last June? What the fans did today wasn’t right but let’s not get hysterical over ‘waves’ that most likely won’t happen

**** it. We can all do what we want then.

Sir David Gray
06-03-2021, 11:18 PM

Whilst I agree that Rangers should not be punished for their fans turning up at Ibrox, I do think that the responsible thing to have done would have been to publicly urge their fans not to turn up.

It's been well known over the past week or so that this gathering was planned for yesterday's match and a responsible club would have communicated a message to its fans to urge them to stay away and certainly wouldn't have indulged them by allowing the players to go and acknowledge their presence at the end of the game.

Hearts and Liverpool both released statements prior to the Scottish Cup final and the Premier League victory respectively to tell their fans not to attend. Fans would have probably still turned up at Ibrox regardless but at least the club's then done all it can.

Tommy75
06-03-2021, 11:28 PM

I get your point about the fans already being there, but the players running over to celebrate with them endorsed them being there.

As for Gerrard's comments "That's the priority - people's safety. But if you've got anything inside you or any part of your heart can understand what the fans have been through, you can totally understand what's gone on outside this stadium" - absolute nonsense.

Squealing pig
Don’t get the horse cavalry in for the rangers

TelaStella
Football fans will be football fans. The damage was done some time ago when the inevitability sank in they were winning it. watching their subsequent celebrations really count for nothing at this point, irrespective of lockdown. They will have their day like we would of had ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AugustaHibs
07-03-2021, 12:33 AM
**** it. We can all do what we want then.

Who said that? Read my post first before talking pish.

gbhibby
07-03-2021, 01:08 AM
I'm sure we'll see a police response similar to the one after the Scottish Cup final in 2016, pictures in the media, absolute man hunt. Might even hold me breathe just waiting for it.
Hardly anybody wearing a mask so will be easy to identify

CentreLine
07-03-2021, 06:37 AM
Not the The Rangers’ fault all those dafties turned up yesterday. However, there is no doubt in my mind that the club ramped things up by going out and sharing the experience. By that simple act they have openly encouraged this behaviour by fans and I think they have teed things up for a huge disturbance at Parkhead for their next game. It doesn’t really matter what happens today with Celtic, either The Rangers are going to win the league at Parkhead or it will be their first outing as champions. Ever really. We can now expect a similar or even larger crowd outside Parkhead to celebrate and I cannot see that happening without a similar number of dafty Celtic supporters. T the e consequences of that are not hard to predict.
The Rangers could and should have come out with a statement to discourage their fans yesterday and in no circumstances should they have joined in.

calumhibee1
07-03-2021, 07:00 AM

The players as good as came out and encouraged it.

The club should be distancing themselves from this as much as possible. Instead they’ve gave fans even more encouragement to do it again next weekend.

Fuzzywuzzy
07-03-2021, 07:10 AM
The rangers and their fans will not be punished for this. Scottish football as a whole will. It's ****ing mental. You want to stop this from happening? Punish the club and it will trickle down to the fans (unless of course, it's this lot, that would cause a riot).

JohnMcM
07-03-2021, 07:29 AM
The rangers and their fans will not be punished for this. Scottish football as a whole will. It's ****ing mental. You want to stop this from happening? Punish the club and it will trickle down to the fans (unless of course, it's this lot, that would cause a riot).

There will be no punishment, there will be no penalty. The team are one point off winning the league and haven’t had a single penalty against them all season. Why change now?

hibIBZ
07-03-2021, 07:31 AM
Whether fans of other clubs have or would have done the same if they had won something, it's still extremely irresponsible at the moment. The rangers won't be hammered for this as it's hardly their fault, even if they could of done more to diffuse it. Football will get hammered for this, I think any chance of fans at Hampden for the euros is now gone, we will be lucky to have fans in by October now

hibbysam
07-03-2021, 07:39 AM
Whether fans of other clubs have or would have done the same if they had won something, it's still extremely irresponsible at the moment. The rangers won't be hammered for this as it's hardly their fault, even if they could of done more to diffuse it. Football will get hammered for this, I think any chance of fans at Hampden for the euros is now gone, we will be lucky to have fans in by October now

Why? The numbers are unlikely to rise from this, and we’ll follow the same path we were always going to follow. It’ll have absolutely no bearing of when fans are allowed back into the stadiums.

GreenCastle
07-03-2021, 07:45 AM
Whilst I agree that Rangers should not be punished for their fans turning up at Ibrox, I do think that the responsible thing to have done would have been to publicly urge their fans not to turn up.

It's been well known over the past week or so that this gathering was planned for yesterday's match and a responsible club would have communicated a message to its fans to urge them to stay away and certainly wouldn't have indulged them by allowing the players to go and acknowledge their presence at the end of the game.

Hearts and Liverpool both released statements prior to the Scottish Cup final and the Premier League victory respectively to tell their fans not to attend. Fans would have probably still turned up at Ibrox regardless but at least the club's then done all it can.

Agreed.

Haven’t seen anything on Rangers social media - though didn’t look too long as it’s full of nonsense.

I’m sure Celtic park had fencing around it a while back - surprised they didn’t do that at the key hot spots yesterday.

Will be interesting to see if the league goes to next weeks old firm and what happens after that.

The most frustrating part of these gatherings are it rubs it in the faces of folk who can’t attend funerals etc due to number restrictions and then Glasgow folk complain when cases have been so high compared to other parts of Scotland and wonder why lockdown is so slow to be lifted.

hibbysam
07-03-2021, 07:51 AM
Agreed.

Haven’t seen anything on Rangers social media - though didn’t look too long as it’s full of nonsense.

I’m sure Celtic park had fencing around it a while back - surprised they didn’t do that at the key hot spots yesterday.

Will be interesting to see if the league goes to next weeks old firm and what happens after that.

The most frustrating part of these gatherings are it rubs it in the faces of folk who can’t attend funerals etc due to number restrictions and then Glasgow folk complain when cases have been so high compared to other parts of Scotland and wonder why lockdown is so slow to be lifted.

Rangers had smaller barriers, however the difference is Ibrox sits right on the main road, Celtic park at the players entrance has a huge amount of private area around it that can be cordoned off safely. To cordon Ibrox off youd have to shut roads and public paths off and that’s not possible (apart from by the police).

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2021, 07:53 AM
There will be no punishment, there will be no penalty. The team are one point off winning the league and haven’t had a single penalty against them all season. Why change now?

There's no mechanism for a penalty. We don't have strict liability.

GreenCastle
07-03-2021, 07:57 AM
Rangers had smaller barriers, however the difference is Ibrox sits right on the main road, Celtic park at the players entrance has a huge amount of private area around it that can be cordoned off safely. To cordon Ibrox off youd have to shut roads and public paths off and that’s not possible (apart from by the police).

I’m sure it wouldn’t be different from a regular match day with fans ?

Surely the road in front of main stand could have had some barriers up.

Anyway don’t expect this to the be the last of the Huns nonsense. They are celebrating their 1st title like they have done 10 in a row. Don’t forget they were beaten by St Mirren in league cup this season..they will exit the Europe League soon too. They may get the double but really missed out on a treble as everyone else is so poor this year.

JohnMcM
07-03-2021, 08:08 AM
There's no mechanism for a penalty. We don't have strict liability.

Sorry CWG - big whoosh moment for you there.:greengrin

hibbysam
07-03-2021, 08:11 AM
I’m sure it wouldn’t be different from a regular match day with fans ?

Surely the road in front of main stand could have had some barriers up.

Anyway don’t expect this to the be the last of the Huns nonsense. They are celebrating their 1st title like they have done 10 in a row. Don’t forget they were beaten by St Mirren in league cup this season..they will exit the Europe League soon too. They may get the double but really missed out on a treble as everyone else is so poor this year.

That’s entirely down to the police. On a normal match day there would be 50,000 fans there and the main road behind the stand would be cordoned off. I’m sure that’s a process that has to go through the council, the police etc. Rangers can’t just go around blocking roads and paths off in case some fans show up at the ground.

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2021, 08:19 AM
Sorry CWG - big whoosh moment for you there.:greengrin

It's Sunday morning. I'm old. Give me time, I'll get there 😆

.Sean.
07-03-2021, 08:36 AM
I’m no on Twitter, what’s that fanny Keith Jackson saying about the behaviour of the West of Scotland supporters, were any Rangers players assaulted or was their health put at risk it is he keeping his trap shut cause it involves a certain team in blue?

(Couldn’t give a **** about the ‘behaviour’ of the Huns support yesterday btw, I’m sure we’d be the same, bit miffed but unfortunately not surprised at the radio silence from the same sources that would hammer Hibs/ Hearts etc if it was us)

hibbysam
07-03-2021, 08:38 AM
I’m no on Twitter, what’s that fanny Keith Jackson saying about the behaviour of the West of Scotland supporters, were any Rangers players assaulted or was their health put at risk it is he keeping his trap shut cause it involves a certain team in blue?

(Couldn’t give a **** about the ‘behaviour’ of the Huns support yesterday btw, I’m sure we’d be the same, bit miffed but unfortunately not surprised at the radio silence from the same sources that would hammer Hibs/ Hearts etc if it was us)

Steven Gerrard did assault one police officer to be fair, running him over in his car 😂

GreenCastle
07-03-2021, 09:16 AM
That’s entirely down to the police. On a normal match day there would be 50,000 fans there and the main road behind the stand would be cordoned off. I’m sure that’s a process that has to go through the council, the police etc. Rangers can’t just go around blocking roads and paths off in case some fans show up at the ground.

Think you have answered your own question.

Folk knew this was going to happen and lack of effort to make it secure / Covid safe was ignored or half arsed.

The video of the police officer being knocked over too seems to have been ignored mostly also.

Greenbeard
07-03-2021, 09:18 AM
Expect more of the same this afternoon if Tic don't win.
Given the highly irresponsible actions of its employees y'day, in particular the club figurehead, which far from discouraging an illegal gathering will actually encourage greater illegal behaviour (whether this afternoon or whenever the title is formally decided), the club and their figurehead will have to issue some form of discouragement to gather even if such discouragement will never be fully effective.
The club maybe can't be held responsible for their fans gathering but they are vicariously liable for the actions of their employees if such actions cause harm. Specific "harm" in this case would be difficult to prove, and of course it would never get that far, but there is no doubt in my mind that the players' and manager's actions y'day were harmful to our nationwide and global endeavours to reduce the impact of the pandemic.
Not to issue a discouragement to gather would be highly irresponsible of the club. But I'm not holding my breath.

Keith_M
07-03-2021, 09:19 AM
I had to listen to really loud Fireworks going off for ages last night, so I presume they were at it for hours.

Iain G
07-03-2021, 09:24 AM

Maybe its better to not gather in rabid, non mask wearing groups in close proximity in the first place to reduce the chances of a spreader event? Especially amongst hoardes of ****wits who are allergic to soap and water at the best of times.

Greenbeard
07-03-2021, 09:28 AM
I had to listen to really loud Fireworks going off for ages last night, so I presume they were at it for hours.
Very premature. But that's probably habitual for many of them.

Eyrie
Sevco aren't responsible for the horde of knuckledragging bigots that turned up outside Ibrox, although they should have made a comment beforehand asking that everyone stayed away.

However Sevco are responsible for their players going over to see their fans. That would see action being taken in the same way that St Mirren and Kilmarnock were held accountable earlier this season, but we all know that there's one rule for Scottish football and another for the Ugly Sisters. I don't recall any pandemic in 2016.

Keith_M
Very premature. But that's probably habitual for many of them.

:greengrin

Tully
07-03-2021, 10:06 AM
The biggest problem now is the old firm game coming up, how are the police going to stop both sets of fans from being at parkhead one to celebrate the other to defend there territory especially the green brigade

calumhibee1
07-03-2021, 11:20 AM
The biggest problem now is the old firm game coming up, how are the police going to stop both sets of fans from being at parkhead one to celebrate the other to defend there territory especially the green brigade

There’ll be thousands of rangers fans there, especially after yesterday when the players have shown they’re more than happy to join in.

It’s fine though, they’ve won the league so the rest of the country can just stay in lockdown for longer if it causes an outbreak. I mean who can blame them? :rolleyes:

silverhibee
07-03-2021, 11:45 AM

I don't think the Kent variant was going about in June though, good chance we could be dealing with the Hun variant in the next few months.

The dalmeny
07-03-2021, 11:49 AM
I don't think the Kent variant was going about in June though, good chance we could be dealing with the Hun variant in the next few months.

The Ryan Kent variant

Ronniekirk
07-03-2021, 12:01 PM

There is break out of the virus at Holyrood
Just something g we are going to have to live with The important thing is none of these are now leading to more intensive care admissions or deaths These figures are tumbling down now

Billy Whizz
07-03-2021, 12:28 PM
Saw this posted on Twitter, by someone called Sir Tom Farmer😀

All credit to The Rangers for finally ending the Old Firm’s 35 year stranglehold on Scotland’s top league title

big gogs
07-03-2021, 12:49 PM

All credit to The Rangers for finally ending the Old Firm’s 35 year stranglehold on Scotland’s top league title
Do you think the rangers fans have the buck fast on ice.

JohnMcM
07-03-2021, 12:49 PM

That is simply brilliant!

Weegreenman
07-03-2021, 12:57 PM
Darkheid to be a blood bath next week.

Ive already got the popcorn in 😜👍

Radium
07-03-2021, 12:58 PM
Darkheid to be a blood bath next week.

Ive already got the popcorn in [emoji12][emoji106]

21 March [emoji6]

DH1875
07-03-2021, 12:59 PM
That's the fireworks started. Never really saw the point in them during the day.

Weegreenman
07-03-2021, 12:59 PM
Should we no have a “CONGRATULATIONS” thread on the go ?? 🤣😂😂👍

TelaStella
07-03-2021, 01:03 PM

Just started again as well

Bostonhibby
07-03-2021, 01:06 PM
Should we no have a “CONGRATULATIONS” thread on the go ?? [emoji1787][emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]Never been a big fan of Sir Cliff but linking him to this bigot fest seems a bit OTT.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
07-03-2021, 01:09 PM
Clearly the best team in Scotland and deserve to win the title however you do worry about what is likely to happen for the rest of the day.

Magpie
07-03-2021, 01:09 PM
I think the game itself could get messy. Gerrard and his team will be sticking it right up the Celtic players. Red card guaranteed in that game IMO.

Keith_M
07-03-2021, 01:18 PM
Just started again as well

Yeah, heard a few on the way back from Rouken Glen.

DH1875
07-03-2021, 01:23 PM
Yeah, heard a few on the way back from Rouken Glen.
Talking of large crowds/groups and how the police police them. Did you see them in action in Clarkston last night?

Smartie
07-03-2021, 01:40 PM
If there's trouble next week (and there inevitably will be) then the police will have brought all the trouble on themselves with their silent and softly softly approach yesterday.

Since452
07-03-2021, 01:48 PM
Dregs of society

3pm
07-03-2021, 02:19 PM
Chaos in Glasgow City centre already.

Kato
07-03-2021, 02:46 PM
Despite all the really, really bad things the Rangers fans have done this weekend at least they didn't throw a coconut on the pitch, the press would have really gone to town on them if they had done that.

oconnors_strip
07-03-2021, 02:48 PM
Some of The Rangers fans are on trains heading to Glasgow to join in celebrations, and currently raising toast with Tennents and Buckie 🙄🙈

The dalmeny
07-03-2021, 03:00 PM
Some of The Rangers fans are on trains heading to Glasgow to join in celebrations, and currently raising toast with Tennents and Buckie 🙄🙈

My boys just said the trains from Livingston to Glasgow,are rammed

JimBHibees
07-03-2021, 03:02 PM
Despite all the really, really bad things the Rangers fans have done this weekend at least they didn't throw a coconut on the pitch, the press would have really gone to town on them if they had done that.

:greengrin

Hibby70
07-03-2021, 03:09 PM

They should just stop the train just outside Harthill and leave them in it for about 15 hours.

Iggy Pope
07-03-2021, 03:13 PM

Trains shouldn’t be going anywhere if there is drink on them. You can’t drink on a train anywhere in the UK right now I don’t think and definitely not in Scotland. LNER first class doesn’t even get you a cup of tea.

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2021, 03:15 PM
Trains shouldn’t be going anywhere if there is drink on them. You can’t drink on a train anywhere in the UK right now I don’t think and definitely not in Scotland. LNER first class doesn’t even get you a cup of tea.

I think we can make an exception in this case. Find a siding in the middle of nowhere, and let them all stay there for a while*.

*"while" being open to definition.

Pretty Boy
07-03-2021, 03:20 PM
I'm sure Lothian Buses have recently cut services to somewhere in the city (Clermiston maybe?) because of anti social behaviour. Scotrail should do likewise. Why should their staff be put in danger so Rangers fans can attend a party?

I get it. If it was Hibs I'd be really tempted to be there and be part of it. It's getting out of hand now though when people are descending on Glasgow from elsewhere. Time for a tougher approach.

Since90+2
07-03-2021, 03:21 PM
To be fair to them we'd probably be doing the same if we just won our first major trophy.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2021, 03:21 PM
I'm sure Lothian Buses have recently cut services to somewhere in the city (Clermiston maybe?) because of anti social behaviour. Scotrail should do likewise. Why should their staff be put in danger so Rangers fans can attend a party?

I get it. If it was Hibs I'd be really tempted to be there and be part of it. It's getting out of hand now though when people are descending on Glasgow from elsewhere. Time for a tougher approach.
I’d be getting the water cannons on them all

Pretty Boy
07-03-2021, 03:22 PM
To add to my previous post. If the Scottish Govt need a justification for not giving UEFA the assurances they need by April then it's just been handed to them on a plate.

Del Boy
07-03-2021, 03:27 PM
To add to my previous post. If the Scottish Govt need a justification for not giving UEFA the assurances they need by April then it's just been handed to them on a plate.

Unfortunately that will actually please the majority of sevco fans.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2021, 03:28 PM

Some of scenes on Twitter today, would suggest there is no lockdown in Glasgow

The dalmeny
07-03-2021, 03:28 PM
I think we can make an exception in this case. Find a siding in the middle of nowhere, and let them all stay there for a while*.

*"while" being open to definition.

Yon place up by Rannoch, take the trains there and chuck them out

3pm
07-03-2021, 03:30 PM
Fireworks going off outside the front door!

Nice mess already.

Franck Stanton
07-03-2021, 03:34 PM
To be fair to them we'd probably be doing the same if we just won our first major trophy.

Really? Let's not bother about Covid eh, who cares that people's lives are potentially at risk because of their stupidity.
Oh but it's alright because they have won the league. They, after all ,have waited so long & the poor wee orcs have been starved of success so the Glasgow press say it is understandable.
Try waiting 114 YEARS for a trophy. Wasn't just high spirits when Hib s supporters ran on to the pitch. And there was NO COVID then. Put them, irresponsible *******s.

Since90+2
07-03-2021, 03:35 PM
Really? Let's as not bother about Covid eh, who cares that people's lives are potentially at risk because of their stupidity.
Oh but it's alright because they have won the league. They, after all ,have waited so long & the poor wee orcs have been starved of success so the Glasgow press day it is understandable.
Try waiting 114 YEARS for a trophy. Wasn't just high spirits when Hib s supporters ran on to the pitc. And there was NO COVID then. On it them, irresponsible *******s.

Woosh.

lord bunberry
07-03-2021, 03:50 PM
Woosh.
Definitely. :greengrin

jacomo
07-03-2021, 03:55 PM
After demanding draconian punishment for anyone who invaded the Hampden pitch in May 2016, I can only assume The Rangers will be pushing for all those in illegal gatherings this weekend to be prosecuted...

lord bunberry
07-03-2021, 03:55 PM
https://twitter.com/radioclydenews/status/1368581136629239809?s=21
I can’t say I’m surprised, the rioting will start later.

jacomo
07-03-2021, 03:57 PM

Well what we did is invade the Hampden pitch.

Watch and witness the rank hypocrisy of The Rangers here... no doubt putting phone calls into friendly coppers as we speak to make sure these transgressions go unpunished...

jacomo
07-03-2021, 03:57 PM

Send in the horses.

Since452
07-03-2021, 03:58 PM
Wonder what Keith Jackson makes of it

Baldy Foghorn
07-03-2021, 04:01 PM
Null and void Nicola.....

jacomo
07-03-2021, 04:02 PM
Wonder what Keith Jackson makes of it

It’s all our fault.

lord bunberry
07-03-2021, 04:03 PM
Send in the horses.
And the water cannons.

Dr What If?
07-03-2021, 04:08 PM
And the water cannons.
Add a few bars of soap and the crowd will be off in seconds

silverhibee
07-03-2021, 04:23 PM

The police at some point will have to take action, this is embarrassing for Scotland, I have seen guys in taxis and on trains on Twitter all heading to Glasgow all having a bevvy, it will be carnage later on, and the players having a party at the training ground with loads of fans.

givescotlandfreedom
07-03-2021, 04:24 PM
The police at some point will have to take action, this is embarrassing for Scotland, I have seen guys in taxis and on trains on Twitter all heading to Glasgow all having a bevvy, it will be carnage later on, and the players having a party at the training ground with loads of fans.
Seen some comments by fellow train workers saying the Glasgow Central line is crawling with them.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2021, 04:25 PM
Seen some comments by fellow train workers saying the Glasgow Central line is crawling with them.

Nicola will deal with them tomorrow

lord bunberry
07-03-2021, 04:25 PM
https://twitter.com/stvnews/status/1368608313336823816?s=21

Chorley Hibee
07-03-2021, 04:28 PM
Rangers still haven't issued any statement asking for their support to refrain from gathering in Glasgow etc.

This is the same club who wanted everyone on the pitch in 2016 arrested. Remember their crayon etched statement about their players being endangered by marauding Hibs supporters?

Yet, now that these ***** are endangering us all, there is nothing to say about it.

I also look forward to the page upon page of numbered pictures highlighting all the Rangers support who broke lockdown restrictions this weekend in the coming editions of the Daily Record/Sun.

Police Scotland will undoubtedly pursue every person involved for the next year at considerable taxpayer expense too.

lord bunberry
07-03-2021, 04:29 PM
As soon as the police move in the rioting will start, it’s always the same with that lot. The police will probably struggle to get the numbers they need to move in. It’s not just Glasgow it’s happening either, loads of towns in the west are reporting large crowds, I saw a picture from larkhall and there was hundreds of people out celebrating.

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2021, 04:29 PM
Stolen from Twitter...

"I'd dock them 30 points. Any less, and they'd still finish ahead of Celtic."

B.H.F.C
07-03-2021, 04:33 PM
Don’t think I’ll ever understand middle aged men (and women) wrapping a Union Jack around themselves as a sign of support for their football team. Then actually going out in public like that. Chuck in the current circumstances and some of them are seriously unstable.

Sir David Gray
07-03-2021, 04:35 PM

I highly doubt it.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2021, 04:35 PM
Saw a few this afternoon heading to Edinburgh park train station, Rangers scarf and carry out on tow

Sir David Gray
07-03-2021, 04:37 PM
Very predictable scenes, sadly it would have happened no matter what team it was.

Poor from Sevco not to call for their fans to go home though not surprising in the slightest.

heretoday
07-03-2021, 04:38 PM

We're all going to have to deal with them in Scotland for ever and ever.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2021, 04:39 PM
We're all going to have to deal with them in Scotland for ever and ever.

She’s already sent a tweet out, absolutely nothing on Police Scotland Twitter account

Sudds_1
07-03-2021, 04:40 PM

Impossible...animals cant get covid i'm led to believe😁

Viva_Palmeiras
07-03-2021, 04:42 PM
No arrests made (probably no fines issued either). Rangers players go to the gates to celebtate with the fans.

I wonder if Police Scotland will respond in a similar way to the 2016 SC final. Surely enough evidence to trace down the fans. Will there be a mass media condemnation of the actions of the fans and players? Doubt it.

Well just like 2016 - surely the scenarios must have been foreseen and action plans made in advance. Yet again caught napping or asleep at the wheel?

weecounty hibby
07-03-2021, 04:48 PM
A stain on Scottish society. Regardless of today, they have been an embarrassment for decades

Ronniekirk
I highly doubt it.

I think she will need to do something as it’s splashed all over the media
If I wanted to join a demonstration tomorrow against Tory corruption and incompetency in its handling of the pandemic would lit go ahead No

silverhibee
As soon as the police move in the rioting will start, it’s always the same with that lot. The police will probably struggle to get the numbers they need to move in. It’s not just Glasgow it’s happening either, loads of towns in the west are reporting large crowds, I saw a picture from larkhall and there was hundreds of people out celebrating.

Just seen a video where the police are giving a large number of Rangers fans a escort in to the city centre to party I presume, madness, serious questions need asked of SP allowing and helping this to happen.

Pretty Boy
07-03-2021, 04:49 PM
Don’t think I’ll ever understand middle aged men (and women) wrapping a Union Jack around themselves as a sign of support for their football team. Then actually going out in public like that. Chuck in the current circumstances and some of them are seriously unstable.

I took a then girlfriend to Ibrox years ago. The 1-1 game when Stokes scored a brilliant equaliser.

Anyway we were right at the barrier between fans and a guy was giving us grief the whole game. He was wearing a New York Rangers ice hockey top (that was straining at his gut which takes some doing), a pair of Union Jack sunglasses and had an Israel flag wrapped around his shoulders.

I remember said girlfriend saying she wouldn't let me out the house to go to the football dressed in a way that was remotely comparable. Although looking at this guy the chances of him ever having been near a woman was pretty slim.

Pretty Boy
07-03-2021, 04:51 PM
I highly doubt it.

I think she will but in a way that impacts absolutely all football fans or just everyone period.

The dalmeny
07-03-2021, 04:56 PM
I think she will but in a way that impacts absolutely all football fans or just everyone period.

sadly I think you’re right

scoopyboy
07-03-2021, 05:01 PM

Correct

A Hi-Bee
07-03-2021, 05:01 PM
Why the **** should any of us right minded people, who do wash regularly now abide by this or any other governments rules on social distancing or staying safe! **** them all why no just get back to granny killing and anyone else who we can pass this virus onto. Lets all just head out to the nearest large open space with carry oots and **** the rest of society.
I don’t see how the government can contain this now and how can they stop us going to games or pubs or work or any other normal type activity.
They sure as hell aint gonna bother their ***** doing anything about the sevco hordes celebrating the first title win they have had.

**** em all.

It is now also 2 ****in late to slap bans on football as it is all over for them morons fi Morder and beyond, along wi the great unwashed Scotland's continued Shame.
:flag::flag::flag:

lord bunberry
07-03-2021, 05:02 PM

Just seen a video where the police are giving a large number of Rangers fans a escort in to the city centre to party I presume, madness, serious questions need asked of SP allowing and helping this to happen.
That’s unbelievable, they should be sending them home not taking them to a party.

Brightside
Correct

There was a strong chance of speeding up the return to “normal” this week. I think we can wave good bye to that now.

Although it’s right to say every club would be the same, the huns are and will be worse due to the right wing COVID denier moronic trumpesque factor of their support. Any negative press about it will encourage their “no one likes us we don’t care” attitude.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2021, 05:03 PM
That’s unbelievable, they should be sending them home not taking them to a party.

Maybe they are going to the party as well

A Hi-Bee
07-03-2021, 05:03 PM

That will be the Govan division escorting their pals through the town just to make sure that they all get to the destination safe and sound.

Bishop Hibee
07-03-2021, 05:04 PM
Richard Gough on Instagram saying “to get put down to the bottom tier of Scottish football was an absolute disgrace.” No Richard, Rangers were liquidated.

lord bunberry
Maybe they are going to the party as well
Probably.

scoopyboy
There was a strong chance of speeding up the return to “normal” this week. I think we can wave good bye to that now.

That's the galling part

JimBHibees
07-03-2021, 05:05 PM
Well just like 2016 - surely the scenarios must have been foreseen and action plans made in advance. Yet again caught napping or asleep at the wheel?

Let's not forget basic policing and a decent perimeter of police at Hampden would have stopped the invasion despite what the report said. Absolute whitewash to absolve the police imo.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2021, 05:07 PM
She should stop Rangers being allowed to travel to Prague this week, boy that would hurt them

hibbysam
07-03-2021, 05:08 PM

Why? The numbers are still going down. Would be fairly petty and cost her dearly if she ignored the science and the numbers just because football fans celebrated.

lord bunberry
07-03-2021, 05:10 PM
Let’s the dogs out
https://i.ibb.co/qryGjK2/338-EB94-F-6-FE7-4-B54-AB6-C-A87932-A5099-B.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

CathroMustStay
07-03-2021, 05:10 PM
George Square filled with those fascist knuckle dragging cretins.

Brightside
07-03-2021, 05:11 PM
Why? The numbers are still going down. Would be fairly petty and cost her dearly if she ignored the science and the numbers just because football fans celebrated.

I don’t think any Rangers fans vote SNP. 😂

Iggy Pope
07-03-2021, 05:11 PM

And flouted the law.

Sir David Gray
07-03-2021, 05:12 PM

I sincerely hope not, that would be a pretty disproportionate reaction.

I'm not sure what could be within the government's powers to "deal with them" anyway.

Stopping the season? They won't do that as they'll not want to punish the players for the actions of supporters by the same token that they didn't deem it appropriate to punish the supporters because of the misbehaviour of the players (Aberdeen players and Bolingoli etc).

They might delay the return of fans but the return of fans is probably 5 or 6 months away anyway so that probably doesn't make much difference.

I'm struggling to think of any other sanctions that the government could hand out.

A Hi-Bee
07-03-2021, 05:17 PM

I'm not sure what could be within the government's powers to "deal with them" anyway.

Stopping the season? They won't do that as they'll not want to punish the players for the actions of supporters by the same token that they didn't deem it appropriate to punish the supporters because of the misbehaviour of the players (Aberdeen players and Bolingoli etc).

They might delay the return of fans but the return of fans is probably 5 or 6 months away anyway so that probably doesn't make much difference.

I'm struggling to think of any other sanctions that the government could hand out.

They could hit them wi the 10k fines that have been handed out to crowds supporting the NHS in their fight for more than a 1% pay rise.
****ing disgrace that these unwashed cretins get away with what they get away with.
Fine them all and let the dogs loose on the mouthy ones also amazed that some on here are standing up for them this a club that died a while ago and who have just won their first trophy.

:flag::flag::flag:

07-03-2021, 05:19 PM
It’s lucky you have to be human to catch COVID so these huns should be ok

Pretty Boy
07-03-2021, 05:20 PM

The bizarre thing is going back not a million years there would have been a fairly hefty left wing element among Rangers fans. The rank and file involved in the 'red Clydeside' era were unlikely to have been dominated by Celtic supporters. Equally Labour didn't dominate electorally in Glasgow for decades without the support of Rangers fans.

Many of those aligning themselves with populist right wing politics will have their Grandads turning in their grave. It's a strange person that can't separate their football allegiance from their political ideology, it appears an increasing issue for a lot of Rangers fans though.

On the flip side though in the privacy of the polling booth I think a few must be voting SNP. Alison Thewliss didn't take Glasgow Central, incorporating the old Bridgeton seat among others, without 1 or 2 hun votes.

givescotlandfreedom
07-03-2021, 05:24 PM
The bizarre thing is going back not a million years there would have been a fairly hefty left wing element among Rangers fans. The rank and file involved in the 'red Clydeside' era were unlikely to have been dominated by Celtic supporters. Equally Labour didn't dominate electorally in Glasgow for decades without the support of Rangers fans.

Many of those aligning themselves with populist right wing politics will have their Grandads turning in their grave. It's a strange person that can't separate their football allegiance from their political ideology, it appears an increasing issue for a lot of Rangers fans though.

Absolutely right. The men and women of Red Clydeside would be disgusted by what their spawn have become. Opportunists like newly turned fascist George Galloway are courting them now.

Iggy Pope
07-03-2021, 05:27 PM
Absolutely right. The men and women of Red Clydeside would be disgusted by what their spawn have become. Opportunists like newly turned fascist George Galloway are courting them now.

The Dundee born Celtic fan? I agree he’s pretty reprehensible, but fascist?

hibbysam
07-03-2021, 05:38 PM

It wouldn’t just be Rangers fans not voting for them in may if she took the huff and ignored the science.

Radium
07-03-2021, 05:40 PM

There are two real negatives that could come out of this.

The league could be asked to account for the behaviour over the weekend and explain how they are going to stop it being repeated. When they correctly say that they don’t control people’s actions outside the ground, the top league is suspended.

Due to the large crowds, involving individuals from across the country, a delay may be added to the review of lockdown measures to see if it leads to an increase.

I don’t think either will ultimately happen but it is not too difficult to see what could happen.

hibbysam
07-03-2021, 05:41 PM
And flouted the law.

We’ll be in lockdown for some amount of time if we’re waiting for nobody to be breaking the law before coming out. If the science shows the numbers are continuing to go down and we should be moving out and she keeps us in because of this then she will rightly lose a ton of votes.

wookie70
07-03-2021, 05:42 PM
Richard Gough on Instagram saying “to get put down to the bottom tier of Scottish football was an absolute disgrace.” No Richard, Rangers were liquidated.
It was a disgrace they weren't put down to the bottom

Hibernia&Alba
07-03-2021, 05:42 PM
Even though the pubs are shut (we should be thankful for that) they just can't help themselves. Anyway, perhaps super-spreader events in Larkhall and Airdrie wouldn't be so bad. It would actually be good for the gene pool :greengrin

07-03-2021, 05:43 PM
Gonna be funny when 4 hearts fans turn up at the piazza del demotion with flares to celebrate when they win the league

Hibernia&Alba
07-03-2021, 05:46 PM

On the flip side though in the privacy of the polling booth I think a few must be voting SNP. Alison Thewliss didn't take Glasgow Central, incorporating the old Bridgeton seat among others, without 1 or 2 hun votes.

Your average Hun has no understanding of history, unless it's the Battle of the Boyne. They will happily vote against the things their ancestors fought for, just to be staunch and to oppose anything they perceive as 'Fenian'. If that means voting Tory - for a party that doesn't give a toss about them - fine.

kaimendhibs
07-03-2021, 05:47 PM
They could hit them wi the 10k fines that have been handed out to crowds supporting the NHS in their fight for more than a 1% pay rise.
****ing disgrace that these unwashed cretins get away with what they get away with.
Fine them all and let the dogs loose on the mouthy ones also amazed that some on here are standing up for them this a club that died a while ago and who have just won their first trophy.

:flag::flag::flag:Id vote for you

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
07-03-2021, 05:48 PM
Unbelievable
https://twitter.com/mickmccahill/status/1368629311725535233?s=21

SteveHFC
07-03-2021, 05:49 PM

If they get away with this then that means to me anyone can go visit other family members and meet your friends. Makes a mockery of the lockdown and the restrictions.

Why the **** should myself have to stay in and suffer while these mutants think they can do what they want and get away with it.

Radium
07-03-2021, 05:49 PM
There are two real negatives that could come out of this.

The league could be asked to account for the behaviour over the weekend and explain how they are going to stop it being repeated. When they correctly say that they don’t control people’s actions outside the ground, the top league is suspended.

Due to the large crowds, involving individuals from across the country, a delay may be added to the review of lockdown measures to see if it leads to an increase.

I don’t think either will ultimately happen but it is not too difficult to see what could happen.

Hadn’t seen the tweet

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210307/03d3209bbcf94659bed03a8b6f06c78c.png

Ronniekirk
07-03-2021, 05:50 PM

That’s the problem when everyone was told to move on and rangers had had Thier punishment This sort of attitude was always going to resurface

The 90+2
07-03-2021, 05:50 PM
Unbelievable

They missed marching season last year I see then.

Ronniekirk
07-03-2021, 05:51 PM

Think it will just be football that suffers unless they carry on partying all week of course

Billy Whizz
07-03-2021, 05:53 PM
Unbelievable

Is that today?

The 90+2
07-03-2021, 05:54 PM
Is that today?

Yeah. Not to be confused with the orange marching parades or whatever the **** they are called.

SteveHFC
07-03-2021, 05:54 PM
Is that today?

It is mate. To me that says lockdown is over as why should the majority of the population have to stay in and suffer.

Bostonhibby
07-03-2021, 05:55 PM
Gonna be funny when 4 hearts fans turn up at the piazza del demotion with flares to celebrate when they win the leagueThey'll have tank tops on as well.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Wakeyhibee
07-03-2021, 05:59 PM
Hadn’t seen the tweet

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210307/03d3209bbcf94659bed03a8b6f06c78c.png

That will tell them, I'm sure they'll head home now. See give the authorities 5 minutes and it's all sorted.

Garymcl
07-03-2021, 06:02 PM
That’s an unusual sight police actually on foot patrolling the streets not seen them for years down my street allowing the junkies to run amok but hey they’re under staffed aye when it suits them rant over

07-03-2021, 06:02 PM
What do people expect the authorities to actually do about this

The 90+2
07-03-2021, 06:03 PM
That will tell them, I'm sure they'll head home now. See give the authorities 5 minutes and it's all sorted.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

The 90+2
07-03-2021, 06:03 PM

Torch them. Alternatively fine their benefits and put it towards Covid care homes.

Pretty Boy
07-03-2021, 06:11 PM

If there's not thousands of pictures of those involved released over the coming weeks I'll be disappointed.

They were happy to wage that kind of witch hunt against Hibs fans for having a wee sing and dance on a pitch for 10 minutes.