PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's "The Chase"

Franck Stanton
02-03-2021, 05:18 PM
Question to the 3 contestants was " what football team from Edinburgh are known as "The Jam Tarts"?
Answer "Pass"
Not as famous as they think eh.

Magpie
02-03-2021, 05:21 PM
I don’t think the Scottish Championship gets much coverage down south.

Lancs Harp
02-03-2021, 05:25 PM
Its a bit much really to expect middle England to know the nickname of an obscure minor Scottish football club.

Wakeyhibee
02-03-2021, 05:26 PM
Question to the 3 contestants was " what football team from Edinburgh are known as "The Jam Tarts"?
Answer "Pass"

The chaser shook their head too.

Carheenlea
02-03-2021, 05:27 PM
The contestant said “No, I don’t think so, but I’ve heard of the Mental Hibees”

Bostonhibby
02-03-2021, 05:36 PM
Should've asked if they knew who the Poppy thieves were.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
02-03-2021, 05:47 PM
Answer "Pass"

That's not fair, on pointless last week one person out of a hundred knew who they were :faf:

gbhibby
02-03-2021, 05:51 PM
Anne Hegerty must be a Hibby if she shook her head. She studied at Edinburgh Uni. The contestants have always got the Hibs questions right.

BILLYHIBS
02-03-2021, 05:57 PM
Anne Hegerty must be a Hibby if she shook her head. She studied at Edinburgh Uni. The contestants have always got the Hibs questions right.
:agree:

Pretty sure there was a question ‘Who plays at Easter Road?’ a few weeks back that was answered correctly

Any Hearts questions normally met by a blank look and the word ‘Pass’ :greengrin

gbhibby
02-03-2021, 06:01 PM

Pretty sure there was a question ‘Who plays at Easter Road?’ a few weeks back that was answered correctly

Any Hearts questions normally met by a blank look and the word ‘Pass’ :greengrin
There was also a question which Edinburgh football team won the Scottish Cup in 2016.The contestant answered correctly.
I really need to get out more. 😁😁

Mikey
An easier question would be..............

Complete the following sequence........ Alloa, Arbroath and ??????

Danderhall Hibs

Which is ironic.

Franck Stanton
02-03-2021, 06:13 PM
Which is ironic.

Don't think they would accept " Hoooffff... " as an answer. Would be accurate but not acceptable

EI255
02-03-2021, 07:54 PM
Answer "Pass"
Not as famous as they think eh.Well it is a rather childish name.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

LancsHibs
02-03-2021, 08:34 PM
“Pass” was the wrong answer, “Hoof” is what they were looking for.

Hibernia&Alba
02-03-2021, 08:48 PM
Which wee club in Edinburgh are known as the mini Huns?

Jack
02-03-2021, 08:50 PM
That's not fair, on pointless last week one person out of a hundred knew who they were :faf:

I saw that and thought neither famous nor useful for the purposes of the game. Sums them up.

Kato
02-03-2021, 08:53 PM
mini Huns?

You like this guy?

https://i.ibb.co/DzFV478/hi-im-bob-5c06d8.jpg (https://ibb.co/4KLmWjY)

BILLYHIBS
03-03-2021, 05:48 AM
On the subject of The Chase I have to say that I never really watched this programme but since Lockdown it has been compulsive viewing and I have to say that Bradley Walsh has a good way with people and is excellent with the contestants and chasers

It also has decent prize money compared to Pointless

Jack
03-03-2021, 07:31 AM
On the subject of The Chase I have to say that I never really watched this programme but since Lockdown it has been compulsive viewing and I have to say that Bradley Walsh has a good way with people and is excellent with the contestants and chasers

It also has decent prize money compared to Pointless

This amount of money thing has had me thinking.

While the money might be decent I'd suggest you've less chance of winning anything.

Without putting pen to paper and being obsessive.

4 people share a prize likely to be around £10k on the Chase. The chances of winning is probably less than half. Its got the most difficult questions and you're competing against the best quiz players in the UK. I'd go for an average win between all contestants of a few hundred pounds.

4 couples compete for a prize likely to be around £2k on Pointless, being £2k in the game thats every other day it usually won. So in my estimation your more likely to win something. Questions are random. Probably the same average winnings.

However Tipping Point has the easiest questions, with 4 punters all things being equal you have as much chance of being in the final as Pointless. Finalists generally build up upto £3k with a decent chance of £10k and an extreme chance of £20k. Only rarely does the contestant walk with nothing - their own fault. Average win just under a grand.

Summary. The stupid quiz is the easiest one to pocket the best cash when the credits are rolling!

BILLYHIBS
03-03-2021, 08:01 AM

While the money might be decent I'd suggest you've less chance of winning anything.

4 people share a prize likely to be around £10k on the Chase. The chances of winning is probably less than half. Its got the most difficult questions and you're competing against the best quiz players in the UK. I'd go for an average win between all contestants of a few hundred pounds.

4 couples compete for a prize likely to be around £2k on Pointless, being £2k in the game thats every other day it usually won. So in my estimation your more likely to win something. Questions are random. Probably the same average winnings.

However Tipping Point has the easiest questions, with 4 punters all things being equal you have as much chance of being in the final as Pointless. Finalists generally build up upto £3k with a decent chance of £10k and an extreme chance of £20k. Only rarely does the contestant walk with nothing - their own fault. Average win just under a grand.

Summary. The stupid quiz is the easiest one to pocket the best cash when the credits are rolling!

Agree

Reminds me of the case of Darragh ‘The Menace’ Ennis who won 9k for his team and then answered 14 of the 23 correct questions in the successful chase against the Sinnerman resulting in each team member getting £1575 each Jackpot was £6300

The Menace is now a Chaser

I saw the Sinnerman in Stand Up at the Festival and he is one funny guy highly intelligent

Danderhall Hibs
03-03-2021, 12:10 PM

This is the kind of analysis I come on here for. Deserves to be a long read on the Athletic.

Hibby70
03-03-2021, 01:23 PM

Who wants to be a millionaire is probably the one I'd go for. Even a complete numpty would be able to walk away with a few grand (once passed the fastest round).

I reckon on average I'd get to 32k no problem.

Jack
03-03-2021, 03:39 PM
Who wants to be a millionaire is probably the one I'd go for. Even a complete numpty would be able to walk away with a few grand (once passed the fastest round).

I reckon on average I'd get to 32k no problem.

Ah! Thats nighttime telly where the prizes are much bigger, and bigger still (on average) at the weekend.

Premier league of quiz shows - prime evening, particularly Saturday.
Championship - weekday tea time
Others - league 1

Antique and the like shows are the Sunday league for prizes but I'd still love a Golden Gavel 😆

LancashireHibby
03-03-2021, 08:04 PM
The ‘Beat the Chasers’ one they occasionally do for a week during prime time is the real money show.