Can’t see too many changes from last weeks starting 11

I’m hoping the pitch is a wee bit better than last weeks

green day
27-02-2021, 08:32 AM
Not much chat about today’s massive game
Need the 3 points to at least maintain the gap between Hibs and Aberdeen

Yep. I saw a Well fan say that Declan Gallacher might be back today so they may not be as poor at the back.

Would like to see Nisbet on a bit earlier this week.

Us and Celtic winning would be huge.

WhileTheChief..
27-02-2021, 08:36 AM

Trolling?!

JimBHibees
27-02-2021, 08:47 AM
Huge game vital we get the points given three tricky away games. Watched most of the St Mirren Motherwell game which was pretty poor in awful conditions but they battled away well and will take some confidence from the point. Think Cole and Watt are a threat also noticed they had Hearts loan guy Roberts playing. Would be surprised if we didn't create a number of chances and think we can dominate midfield though Campbell battled well.

Another 2 0 I think

B.H.F.C
27-02-2021, 08:49 AM

Hope to see him back in the starting lineup today.

JimBHibees
27-02-2021, 08:50 AM
Yep. I saw a Well fan say that Declan Gallacher might be back today so they may not be as poor at the back.

Us and Celtic winning would be huge.

Think he might start for some reason.

scoopyboy
27-02-2021, 08:53 AM

Three or four players with wee niggles, hopefully they all make it.

Assuming everyone is available it will be a difficult job for Jack Ross to pick the starting line up.

He left Gogic out last week, a bit unfairly I thought and I'm not sure it this helped Hamilton control the game until the sending off.

I thought Jamie Murphy was poor so his position might come under scrutiny.

Porto for McGinn may also be worth considering.

bigwheel
27-02-2021, 08:57 AM

Assuming everyone is available it will be a difficult job for Jack Ross to pick the starting line up.

He left Gogic out last week, a bit unfairly I thought and I'm not sure it this helped Hamilton control the game until the sending off.

Don’t think Porto would give us the forward movement out wide that McGinn supports ...also sense Ross really trusts McGinn, so would be surprised ...

He’s not a manager who changes without reason is he ...although suspect he’d like to get Nisbet back in the side ...

HH81
27-02-2021, 08:59 AM
Tough game today I reckon. Fancy a 2-1 win though. Best go sign up to PPV 😁

Then again cool my covid pay out is still covering the cost of games.

Billy Whizz
27-02-2021, 08:59 AM

I haven’t watched Jack’s pre match press conference, did he mention this?

declan macmanus
27-02-2021, 09:04 AM
When was the last time outside of the Championship that we won 5 games in a row?

Brightside
27-02-2021, 09:09 AM
Don’t think Porto would give us the forward movement out wide that McGinn supports ...also sense Ross really trusts McGinn, so would be surprised ...

He’s not a manager who changes without reason is he ...although suspect he’d like to get Nisbet back in the side ...

mcGinn doent get forward as much with the 343 we have been playing recently... I think we might see Porto given a run out.

Highwayman
27-02-2021, 09:12 AM
Watched Sportscene last Saturday night mainly to have another look at the Hamilton red card.

Had to sit through the “highlights” of the St Johnstone v Motherwell game.Motherwell were rank rotten,but I wouldn’t expect to be as a bad this afternoon and don’t think it will be one of these so called easy games.

It doesn’t make sense to me that our top goal scorer Nisbet sits on the bench for most of the game.That would be my only change from last week,Nisbet for Murphy.

green day
27-02-2021, 09:13 AM
I haven’t watched Jack’s pre match press conference, did he mention this?

Said we had 4-5 that were niggling, but 3 trained so there are 2 still a doubt.

B.H.F.C
27-02-2021, 09:15 AM
Watched Sportscene last Saturday night mainly to have another look at the Hamilton red card.

Had to sit through the “highlights” of the St Johnstone v Motherwell game.Motherwell were rank rotten,but I wouldn’t expect to be as a bad this afternoon and don’t think it will be one of these so called easy games.

It doesn’t make sense to me that our top goal scorer Nisbet sits on the bench for most of the game.That would be my only change from last week,Nisbet for Murphy.

If Nisbet plays, which I think he should, has to be up front where he’s done all his good things for us. Don’t think like trying to fit folk in.

Keith_M
27-02-2021, 09:18 AM
He left Gogic out last week, a bit unfairly I thought and I'm not sure it this helped Hamilton control the game until the sending off....

Agree with this and I'd like to see him back in today.

It didn't have an overly negative impact last week, but only because of the early red card.

hibbysam
27-02-2021, 09:21 AM
Agree with this and I'd like to see him back in today.

It didn't have an overly negative impact last week, but only because of the early red card.

Who would you bring him in for?

hibsbollah
27-02-2021, 09:26 AM
When was the last time outside of the Championship that we won 5 games in a row?

I’m struggling to see any recent examples of 5 straight wins in the top division. The record seems to be 1948 under Hugh Shaw, eleven straight wins. I’d imagine there is a more recent run? (This is where jonnyboy should step in...)

Keith_M
27-02-2021, 09:30 AM
Who would you bring him in for?

Either Irvine or Newell.

Edit: Newell would be the more obvious choice but I mentioned Irvine because I think he has an injury.

PatHead
27-02-2021, 09:31 AM
I’m struggling to see any recent examples of 5 straight wins in the top division. The record seems to be 1948 under Hugh Shaw, eleven straight wins. I’d imagine there is a more recent run? (This is where jonnyboy should step in...)

2011 according to bbc

Lancs Harp
27-02-2021, 09:33 AM

After losing our opener to Partick in 72/73 we won 7 in a row.

number9dream
27-02-2021, 09:33 AM

League games was February - March 2011

St Mirren H, Kilmarnock H, St Mirren A ICT H Hamilton A

Ended with a draw at St J

It came after a run of five defeats, including getting pumped out of the cup by Ayr Utd...

hibbysam
27-02-2021, 09:35 AM
Either Irvine or Newell.

Edit: Newell would be the more obvious choice but I mentioned Irvine because I think he has an injury.

Would be carnage dropping any of them for Gogic IMO if they were both fit. Newell is the all round footballer and Irvine is the legs. We don’t need a limited battering ram at home to Motherwell, same as we didn’t need one vs Hamilton.

Northernhibee
27-02-2021, 09:36 AM
League games was February - March 2011

St Mirren H, Kilmarnock H, St Mirren A ICT H Hamilton A

Ended with a draw at St J

It came after a run of five defeats, including getting pumped out of the cup by Ayr Utd...

I faintly remember one Akpo Sodje going on an incredible scoring run at that point of the season too, including a thunderbolt against Aberdeen and lobbing the keeper against someone else from about twenty yards. Not entirely sure he meant any of it but there you go.

Northernhibee
27-02-2021, 09:38 AM
Would be carnage dropping any of them for Gogic IMO if they were both fit. Newell is the all round footballer and Irvine is the legs. We don’t need a limited battering ram at home to Motherwell, same as we didn’t need one vs Hamilton.

Motherwell are reasonably strong in the centre of the pitch; I don't think it'd hurt to have Gogic in there to allow our other midfielders a bit more protection.

Marciano

McGinn
McGregor
Hanlon

Cadden
Doig

Gogic
Irvine/Newell (if Irvine injured)

Nisbet

Doidge
Boyle

B.H.F.C
27-02-2021, 09:42 AM

We didn’t need one after the sending off against Hamilton. We were all over the place leading up to that.

Keith_M
27-02-2021, 09:53 AM

Yeah, I get why people would be reluctant to drop either of them for Gogic, but I think players like him are often underrated in how much they break up the opposition.

TBH, it depends how Motherwell set up today. Maybe we won't need a midfield enforcer, but it's a tough call to make.

scoopyboy
27-02-2021, 11:15 AM

We didn't need one over 90 minutes but we were getting run ragged when it was 11 v 11.

Brooster
27-02-2021, 11:22 AM

We were all over the place without Gogic at 11v11, Hamilton created more chances in 10 minutes than most teams create in 90 when Gigic is playing. He's been great for us and I would play him most weeks, we lose the midfield when he doesn't play.

PatHead
27-02-2021, 11:23 AM
We didn't need one over 90 minutes but we were getting run ragged when it was 11 v 11.

We ran At Johnstone ragged for the first half hour in the semi and lost it when they scored. Who is to say that wouldn't have happened last week?

hibbysam
27-02-2021, 11:36 AM
We were all over the place without Gogic at 11v11, Hamilton created more chances in 10 minutes than most teams create in 90 when Gigic is playing. He's been great for us and I would play him most weeks, we lose the midfield when he doesn't play.

You could say the same about the St Mirren away game. Gogic and Irvine in the middle and they dominated us until the red card. It was only ten minutes last week, they started quicker but was hardly an indicator of how the game would go. Newell when fit has to play, he dictates the game and is the one player in our squad who will take the ball and keep it. Teams might not run through us with Gogic and Irvine but we sure as hell won’t dominate the ball with them.

Sir David Gray
27-02-2021, 11:40 AM

March 2011.

Hibby Kay-Yay
27-02-2021, 11:42 AM
I’d replace Murphy with Nisbet but have Nis upfront with Doidge and have Boyle in Murphy’s position.

CMurdoch
27-02-2021, 11:47 AM
I’d replace Murphy with Nisbet but have Nis upfront with Doidge and have Boyle in Murphy’s position.

You must be joking, Boyle upfront has scored and set up goals as well as destroying 2 teams by getting their players sent off. Need to leave him where he is.

B.H.F.C
27-02-2021, 11:53 AM
March 2011.

The glory days of Colin Calderwood’s time with new signings Sodje and Palsson looking the part!

Brooster
27-02-2021, 11:57 AM
You could say the same about the St Mirren away game. Gogic and Irvine in the middle and they dominated us until the red card. It was only ten minutes last week, they started quicker but was hardly an indicator of how the game would go. Newell when fit has to play, he dictates the game and is the one player in our squad who will take the ball and keep it. Teams might not run through us with Gogic and Irvine but we sure as hell won’t dominate the ball with them.

Regardless of your opinion I don't think calling one of our players a limited battering ram is the best idea.

scoopyboy
27-02-2021, 11:58 AM
We ran At Johnstone ragged for the first half hour in the semi and lost it when they scored. Who is to say that wouldn't have happened last week?

Absolutely nothing to say that wouldn't have happened, however that is conjecture whereas what I said was fact.

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2021, 12:05 PM
I'd like Nisbet up front in place of Doidge, and Gogic back in place of Newell today.

3pm
27-02-2021, 12:10 PM
I'd like Nisbet up front in place of Doidge, and Gogic back in place of Newell today.

Yep, got Joe on a contract now so all good... 😂

lord bunberry
27-02-2021, 12:11 PM
It’s great we’re all talking about who should be playing after 4 straight wins. You’d think the team would pick itself at this stage, but we’ve got such a strong bench it doesn’t. I’d freshen it up a bit today and bring in Nisbet and probably Porteous for Murphy and big Daz. Irvine could possibly do with a break as well and Gogic could replace him. I’m mindful of those games after Christmas when the players looked out on their feet after not getting much rest.

scoopyboy
27-02-2021, 12:16 PM

Worst comment of the month award.

Ronniekirk
27-02-2021, 12:26 PM
Anyone know who injury doubts are ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
27-02-2021, 12:33 PM
Rocky

McGinn
Daz
Hanlon

Cadden
Irvine
Newell
Doig

Murphy

Boyle
Doidge

Since452
27-02-2021, 12:39 PM

Wish I was as limited a footballer as Gogic.

lord bunberry
27-02-2021, 12:47 PM
https://i.ibb.co/qy9VS6k/44-A4113-B-3-CE7-4-E3-C-A3-AC-E2-BDE1868-A81.png (https://ibb.co/4mM3qkP)
russian letters copy paste (https://usefulwebtool.com/russian-keyboard)

Since452
Anyone know who injury doubts are ?

Doig

Heisenberg
Doig out injured. Stevenson in for him the only change.

Blaster
27-02-2021, 12:50 PM
Doidge was struggling with an ankle injury too I think but glad he’s made it

Seveno
27-02-2021, 12:57 PM
I see that we have Mac(e)y Gray on the bench. I guess she is doing the half time entertainment. Looking forward to it.

Iain G
27-02-2021, 12:58 PM
Amused to see both the singer Macey Gray and coronation Street character Allan Bradley on the bench today 😁

CMurdoch
27-02-2021, 01:01 PM
Pleased to see we have only lost Doig.
Any knowledge re his injury?

wookie70
27-02-2021, 01:02 PM
Think he might start for some reason. Think he should start for good reason

JimBHibees
27-02-2021, 01:04 PM
Think he should start for good reason

Don't know we have won four on the bounce up to him to win his place back

CmoantheHibs
27-02-2021, 01:04 PM
I see that we have Mac(e)y Gray on the bench. I guess she is doing the half time entertainment. Looking forward to it.
You’re a week too late with that. Think it was CWG that cracked it last week, even the half time entertainment bit.:greengrin

Aldo
27-02-2021, 01:06 PM
Consistency the key and shame about Doig however Lewis will come in an play his part!

Billy Whizz
27-02-2021, 01:08 PM
Motherwell: Kelly, O'Donnell, Magloire, Lamie, Carroll, Maguire, Campbell, Crawford, Roberts, Cole, Watt.

Substitutes: Morrison, McGinley, Devine, Gallagher, Polworth, Cornelius, Lawless, Hastie, Long.

Brightside
We won’t get as much down the left today but still a good squad.

JohnMcM
Hope Scott gets some time today. Maybe when we’re 2/3 up. Which take me back to prediction time. 3-0.
:flag:

Dmas
27-02-2021, 01:09 PM
Looking forward to it today should be a decent game, not sure what to expect from motherwell at all, some decent players just up and down form wise, hopefully we can keep on rolling the Dons up against it today could be a good day for 3rd place

Peevemor
27-02-2021, 01:16 PM
Pleased to see we have only lost Doig.
Any knowledge re his injury?He's away on the piss with the extra money he's now making

Mikey_1875
27-02-2021, 01:18 PM
Shame about Doig but strong team. If we can break them down early then we will go on to win pretty comfortably I think

Jones28
27-02-2021, 01:21 PM
Fancy Doidge to get a goal today

CMurdoch
27-02-2021, 01:21 PM
Motherwell: Kelly, O'Donnell, Magloire, Lamie, Carroll, Maguire, Campbell, Crawford, Roberts, Cole, Watt.

Substitutes: Morrison, McGinley, Devine, Gallagher, Polworth, Cornelius, Lawless, Hastie, Long.

Interesting to see Gallagher back on the bench. Still not sure if he has been missing due to injury or for contractual reasons.
Polworth on the bench due to messing up recently getting sent off and giving penalty away.
Steven Lawless still not getting himself into the team which is surprising given his good performances for Livingston last season although he didn't get much activity during his wee spell down south.
Hastie and Long still doing nothing and Mugabe out

Surprised the poor Lamie and Roberts are in their team
Kelly will be a big player today and hopefully we can get at least one past him.

I'm going for a Hibs win and a clean sheet.
Boyle chaos again for the opposition with ammunition from Irvine, Newell, Murphy & Doidge

27-02-2021, 01:34 PM
Am I imagining it or is the lighting in the TV studio better?

JohnMcM
27-02-2021, 01:35 PM

Looks like something has changed.

Edit: Got it! The windows have been cleaned.��

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2021, 01:36 PM
Tanner with his red white and blue shirt.

Wull
27-02-2021, 01:38 PM
Auld Alec comes across great :flag:

wookie70
27-02-2021, 01:39 PM

Looks better on Miller and Tanner but Joe T a wee bit dark. The sound is still terrible, do they not do a level check. I'm no fan of Alex Miller but I am surprising myself by actually enjoying listening to him

Dmas
27-02-2021, 01:39 PM
Super Joe looking well, enjoy listening to miller as well dare i say it grew up booing the man but speaks a lot of sense

SteveHFC
27-02-2021, 01:40 PM
Is it possible to get Alex some sort of job at Hibs.

wookie70
27-02-2021, 01:42 PM
Is it possible to get Alex some sort of job at Hibs. He has one working on Hibs TV. Now he is there I doubt we will get rid of him for the next decade

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2021, 01:44 PM
He has one working on Hibs TV. Now he is there I doubt we will get rid of him for the next decade
:greengrin

CentreLine
27-02-2021, 01:46 PM
He has one working on Hibs TV. Now he is there I doubt we will get rid of him for the next decade

Super Joe persists in calling him “boss”. Says it all really

Ryan91
27-02-2021, 01:48 PM
Enjoying Miller explaining how an ideal 352 works

Wull
27-02-2021, 01:49 PM
Joe doing a good job of the Hibees personality :flag:

Kato
27-02-2021, 01:51 PM
Amused to see both the singer Macey Gray and coronation Street character Allan Bradley on the bench today [emoji16]Bradley took a long time to recover from his tram accident.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

The Spaceman
27-02-2021, 01:55 PM
Tanner does my ***s in. Of course honestly not fussed about production value etc as long as I get to watch the game, but his chat is awful. Would almost rather there was nobody speaking.

JohnMcM
27-02-2021, 01:57 PM
This NHS bit is good.

J-C

You'd be surprised the number of players that still call their old managers boss, I've heard it loads of times when players and ex managers are doing punditry.

Hibby70
This NHS bit is good.

Very

Ryan91
27-02-2021, 01:59 PM
This NHS bit is good.

:agree:

J-C
Anyone heard anything about young Mackie, seems to have vanished from the game day squad altogether, I've not heard of any injury to him.

CmoantheHibs
Another 3 points today sets us up nicely. Make it happen Hibs.

Wull
27-02-2021, 02:01 PM
Auld Alec, you find that wi left foot players, theyer good wi their left foot ha ha ha nice one Alec

cabbageandribs1875
27-02-2021, 02:02 PM
mon the cabbage

Tambo
27-02-2021, 02:02 PM
Mon the hibs, another 3 points and push further ahead of Aberdeen.

JohnMcM
27-02-2021, 02:06 PM
Looks as though Lamie might have one single job today, stick close to Boyle.

Northernhibee
27-02-2021, 02:08 PM
Mon the hibs, another 3 points and push further ahead of Aberdeen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56135017

Would it be petty to see how low we could get Kamberi's rating on this? :greengrin

Aberdeen have started well, created a chance already.

Onceinawhile
Anyone heard anything about young Mackie, seems to have vanished from the game day squad altogether, I've not heard of any injury to him.

I'm fairly sure he is injured.

Moulin Yarns
Celtc 1-0

Glory Lurker
Nice to see both teams in their home kits for this fixture. Feel like it's been a while?

Iain G
Bradley took a long time to recover from his tram accident.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Back on track now though

Onceinawhile
27-02-2021, 02:09 PM
Celtic winning already.

nonshinyfinish
27-02-2021, 02:09 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56135017

Would it be petty to see how low we could get Kamberi's rating on this? :greengrin

Aberdeen have started well, created a chance already.

It would be incredibly petty and as such it's practically essential.

jacomo
27-02-2021, 02:10 PM
The pitch is still horrendous and hardly our friend at the moment. Our players don’t seem to trust putting the ball across the deck at all.

Tambo
27-02-2021, 02:10 PM
Not been the best of starts so far.

we are hibs
27-02-2021, 02:11 PM
Need to get our foot on the ball and get a bit of posession

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

wookie70
27-02-2021, 02:12 PM
What a ball from Lewis

RIP
hanlon good feet

nonshinyfinish
Good ball in from Lewis, Boyle heads wide under pressure.

JohnMcM
27-02-2021, 02:13 PM
Superb cross by Lewis there.

CmoantheHibs
Scrappy start to the match but a chance for Boyle there from an excellent cross from Stevenson.

Onceinawhile
Beautiful from Hanlon, great cross by Lewis. Probably should've done better there Boyle.

The Spaceman
27-02-2021, 02:14 PM
Aberdeen 1-0 down. This is an amazing opportunity to get one hand on third.

cabbageandribs1875
27-02-2021, 02:14 PM
dazzling footwork from hanlon out to stevenson, cross into the box, boyle puts a header wide

Coco Bryce
27-02-2021, 02:15 PM
Hibs playing well. Totally bossing this game so far.

Onceinawhile
27-02-2021, 02:16 PM
Cadden did well there, but poor cross.

Tambo
27-02-2021, 02:16 PM
Great energy and drive again from cadden, just missing the end product on that cross.

Tambo
27-02-2021, 02:17 PM
Chance for cadden, not to far over.

wookie70
Unlucky Cadden.

Vault Boy
Sweet strike from Cadden, unlucky.

Mikey_1875
Thought that was in

MWHIBBIES
bawhair over from Cadden.

CmoantheHibs
27-02-2021, 02:18 PM
Close from Cadden. Good strike.

cabbageandribs1875
27-02-2021, 02:18 PM
watt hits side netting from 6 yards

Tambo
27-02-2021, 02:19 PM
Almost 0-1 down.

neil7908
Watt should have scored there.

nonshinyfinish
Newell's done a fair amount of decent defensive work so far.

blackpoolhibs
Murphy not in the game yet.

we are hibs
Very lucky there.

CmoantheHibs
27-02-2021, 02:20 PM
Watt makes a hash that thankfully.

silverhibee

I think all players that have played under a manager still call managers boss/gaffer rather than by first name.

Onceinawhile
Two decent chances for motherwell in short order.

JXM73
Motherwell need to get a player sent off here, they're bossing it....

Stuart93
27-02-2021, 02:21 PM
They’re getting through us in the middle pretty easily

RIP
Sitting off Motherwell, just as with Hamilton. Only Newell putting in a tackle in midfield

Billy Whizz
Motherwell need to get a player sent off here, they're bossing it....

They look like the team 3rd top, playing with confidence

Wull
27-02-2021, 02:22 PM
we need to get on the ball, lookin a bit ragged the noo

Tambo
27-02-2021, 02:22 PM
Doidge and Murphy have been very quiet the first 20 minutes.

RIP
27-02-2021, 02:23 PM
They look like the team 3rd top, playing with confidence

I'd be confident too if I could play with no threat of a tackle

CockneyRebel
Hibs playing well. Totally bossing this game so far.

Pretty even for me.

wookie70
What a tackle Daz

Onceinawhile
Another good cross by Lewis, but nothing comes of it.

neil7908
We're looking very wobbly at the back, need to get control of this game.

Hibby70
What a tackle Daz

He's made a huge difference since returning.

OtleyHibs
Great tackle from big Daz there, top drawer defending

silverhibee
Great block by Daz

Onion
Great last gasp tackle by Daz. We need to up our game here.

Vault Boy
27-02-2021, 02:24 PM
This is pretty poor. Cole causing us a few problems.

CmoantheHibs
We are getting a lot of joy down the right.There seems to be plenty space to exploit.

wookie70
Doidge and Murphy not really started. McGinn looks like he needs a rest to me

we are hibs
Defence is all over the place at times.

Ozyhibby
Really need Gogic on. They are cruising through our central midfield and giving McGhregor and Hanlon a lot of bother.

Billy Whizz
This is pretty poor. Cole causing us a few problems.

He big strong and mobile

MWHIBBIES
They're having a bit too much for such a poor side. Been shipping goals. Need to get into them and push them back. 1 goal and they'll probably fall to bits.

Since452
So are Hibs or Motherwell bossing it?

cabbageandribs1875
1-0 motherwell, it was coming

RIP
Great tackle from big Daz there, top drawer defending

Tackling practice led by Daz on Monday. If only we had a Daz-like player in midfield

Stuart93
They’re getting to our box almost unchallenged, poor so far. We’re giving the ball away constantly

Alfred E Newman
27-02-2021, 02:25 PM
It's dire stuff from Hibs.

Hibby70
Ffs

blackpoolhibs
With one up front the player who plays up front needs to put himself about, but more importantly, hold the ball up and bring the midfield into the game.

Doidge failing again.:rolleyes:

Stuart93
1-0 motherwell, it was coming

I must be well behind

Jones28
1-0, ****

NORTHERNHIBBY
Not unexpected.

Tambo
Well that was coming

SteveHFC
Deserved lead.

cabbageandribs1875
I must be well behind

i see what you done there

we are hibs
Abolutely dire. Seriously.

Aldo
Baws. Doesn’t sound like we’ve been at races here today!

Mon Dieu4
Been coming, we've been rank so far

Coco Bryce
27-02-2021, 02:26 PM
Sakes Hibs.

Onion
Hibs have been poor. 0-1 down.

Dmas
coming there hopefully a kick up the arse now

MWHIBBIES
****ing rubbish. Cannot drop points at home to this *****.

Hibs90
Coming a mile off. Get Gogic on.

The Modfather
Motherwell have been good and probably just about deserve to be ahead.

Stuart93
Any player with a bit pace and Hanlon doesn’t get near them

The Spaceman
Deserved lead for Motherwell.

HendoDelivered
Good ball for that goal. Thats been coming for the last couple mins.

hibee-boys
It’s been coming, get totally over run by Motherwell top 6.

Phil MaGlass
27-02-2021, 02:27 PM
Abolutely dire. Seriously.

amazing how many games we start like this, then end up getting a result, imagne if we could actually start on the front foot,

Onceinawhile
Thought rocky could have come out to close the angle a bit quicker.

wookie70
That was coming. Alex Miller saying to stretch the game doesn't work when your CF heads it straight to them on the rare occasion he gets something on the ball. Very sift through the middle but it was a decent goal.

Diclonius
Watch out everyone... People who haven't posted for a month are coming.

Since452

Cannae he's a limited battering ram 😉

Ozyhibby
Soon as Newall is back in the team we are giving up the midfield. Get Gogic back on.

Booked4Being-Ugly
Seen that coming a mile away.

Dunno why we’re getting bossed again at home.

Aldo
Thankfully still time. Mon Hibs. A chance to win 5 on bounce and get closer to cementing our 3rd place!

JohnMcM
Well taken goal and deserving of their effort so far, they are running their socks off.

Stuart93
We could get a hiding here, this is a Ross county/livi/st J display so far, absolute pish

Spike Mandela
This game has the feel of the St Johnstone semi final.

Brightside
Midfield setup is a shocker today. PMCgin having to come into the middle of the park due to our midfielders being all over the place. Dropping Gogic has made no sense to me at all.

Gatecrasher
Just carrying on our performance from last week. Awful stuff.

Dmas

agree, theyre 3 giving the CBs a hard time gogic protecting would help out, offer the protection for the wide men to get going as well

dalkeith stu
27-02-2021, 02:28 PM
Well that was coming!!! Who said Gogic shouldn't start games like these???

wookie70
Soon as Newall is back in the team we are giving up the midfield. Get Gogic back on.

Newall has made plenty tackles and isn't the issue

Onion
They're killing us. Their front 3 are having a party.

we are hibs
When was the last time doidge actually scored a goal?

The Modfather
Campbell looking good and popping up on our box regularly. Still hope we can sign him.

HUTCHYHIBBY
You’re a week too late with that. Think it was CWG that cracked it last week, even the half time entertainment bit.:greengrin

I'm sure it's been on the go longer than that, as each week goes by it doesn't get any funnier.

RIP
Doidge fluffs his lines yet again. Corner wasted

wookie70
Fresh air swing from Doidge, another very good chance passed up

Since452
Test of character this. It's been pretty good of late so got faith.

Wull
27-02-2021, 02:29 PM
Do we have 11on the park looks like 9 to me

Stuart93
Think this game was screaming out for gogic imo, I would’ve sacrificed Murphy to bring him in

jacomo
We could get a hiding here, this is a Ross county/livi/st J display so far, absolute pish

Settle down.

GreenCastle

Correct - as good as Newell has done this season the balance was better with Gogic who was playing well - plus Irvine plays better. Gogic needs to protect the back 2. Newell isn’t doing that

Murphy is offering nothing - didn’t even know he was playing.

Hiber-nation
27-02-2021, 02:30 PM
We're not good enough to have the luxury of Gogic on the bench. Wide open and so sloppy.

RIP
We are really missing Irvine and Murphy here

Hibbyradge
We're missing Gogic again, same as last week.

Win the middle, win the match.

Stuart93
Settle down.

The way things have went so far it’s a possibility, Motherwell creating plenty

J-C
Poor 1st half so far, Motherwell by far the better team and the goals been coming for the past 10 mins.

Jeezo Doidge, a complete miss from a good ball in by Murphy, deffo think the sending off helped last week, very disjointed performance so far.

Coco Bryce
Why are all the high balls into the box aimed at Boyle?

Doidge should be in there.

hibee-boys
Too many players posted missing so far.

Brightside
27-02-2021, 02:31 PM

You can’t play Irvine and Newall. One has to drop in and neither does it. Hence why our 3 at the back at exposed. In the 343 the 4 must be a diamond. It’s never is when. Newall and Irvine play together

Since452
Midfield setup is a shocker today. PMCgin having to come into the middle of the park due to our midfielders being all over the place. Dropping Gogic has made no sense to me at all.

I can see why was. You'd have thought Newell would be buzzing with his new deal. Think Gogic might have been touch and go for today though.

B.H.F.C

Keep reading that he’ll dictate games like this and we don’t need the likes of Gogic at home to Motherwell etc.

Should never have been changed after our best performance of the season against Aberdeen.

Helensburghhibs
442 doesn't work. Mcgregor rightly got plaudits for our change in form but I believe playing 352 was the biggest factor

Brightside
27-02-2021, 02:32 PM
442 doesn't work. Mcgregor rightly got plaudits for our change in form but I believe playing 352 was the biggest factor

We are playing 343. Have been for weeks now.

Hibs90
27-02-2021, 02:33 PM
Newell having a shocker

wookie70
When was the last time doidge actually scored a goal?

12 Dec. That is 11 games and he has played a fair chunk of the 90 minutes in most of them. He has had at least one very good chance in every game and multiple chances in quite a few. No idea how he starts as he isn't that great at holding it up and rarely gets involved

Diclonius
This team has done well the last few games but not working today. Need to change things up at half time.

Stuart93
Forgot their goalscorer is the guy on loan from hearts. Of course it is

jacomo
We seem to have gone more 4-4-2 with Murphy wide left and Cadden out right.

Tam McManus just making the point that Cadden is finding space if we can find him with the ball.

cabbageandribs1875
motherwell should consider taking their keeper off and putting another outfield player on...there's no need for him here

:(

nonshinyfinish
27-02-2021, 02:34 PM

We're playing 352.

Helensburghhibs
We are playing 343. Have been for weeks now.

We definitely are not . Stevenson is left back and mvginn right. The previous few weeks have been 352 with Boyle and doidge up front

Booked4Being-Ugly
This is really poor. Motherwell have sussed us out.

There no urgency and no desire to make something happen.

Helensburghhibs
27-02-2021, 02:35 PM
We're playing 352.

The game I'm watching we are definitely playing a 4 with stevenson left back mginn right back

HUTCHYHIBBY
Dire stuff so far.

easty
Far too static going forward. Too happy to leave it to the player on the ball to make something happen.

RIP
Zero pressure on the man with the ball. Is this a tactic of Jack Ross does anyone know or just laziness on the part of the players?

AL-Qaholik
Wingbacks doesn’t work when Lewis plays. Too slow to get back which leaves too much space behind and forces the holding midfielders to spread out, leaving massive gaps.

Change of shape needed.

That, and Doidge off...

roo62

Agreed. Not sure why he thinks our lightweight midfield can do without Gogic on a poor playing surface. We do miss him to get us on the ball more.

JohnMcM
It seems Alexander has done his homework on us. They’re squeezing the middle and taking away any real space from us. (I think):confused:

Onion
That is pish by Newall. Slows the play right down, fires a 40 yard ball out of play. We nee much better.

blackpoolhibs
Newell thinks he's Stevie Mallan, and Doidge is the new Joe Ward.:rolleyes:

wookie70
27-02-2021, 02:36 PM
Flag saves Doidge's blushes again. Murphy has had a few good moments but needs to get more involved.

cabbageandribs1875
Daz pushed the boy in the back there should have been a foul

we are hibs
Doidge off and Nisbet on at HT hopefully. Allan for Murphy too.

DaveF
This Hibs team would be a lot better if it actually dragged it's arse out of first gear.

A terrible, lethargic display so far and deservedly behind.

Stuart93
Got a great chance to open the gap and we put in a performance like this so far? Pretty poor

Since452
Agreed. Not sure why he thinks our lightweight midfield can do without Gogic on a poor playing surface. We do miss him to get us on the ball more.

One of the players who were carrying a knock

jacomo
We're playing 352.

We started that way but seem to have changed it.

GreenCastle
Sort the midfield and we have a chance in this game.

Leave it and they will get a 2nd goal and game over.

Tambo
27-02-2021, 02:37 PM
10 minutes to create something but not looking like it, changes at half time I hope.

Onceinawhile
Flag saves Doidge's blushes again. Murphy has had a few good moments but needs to get more involved.

How he misses by that far, from that close, I'll never understand.

My old man
This is really poor. Motherwell have sussed us out.

There no urgency and no desire to make something happen.

Agree 100%
Need to move the ball a lot quicker
GGTTH

Gatecrasher
Dropping our goalscorer and most athletic defender have caught up with us.

Dmas
Doidge is needing a spell out the team, nothings going for him and he's looking a shadow of how he was end of last season, time to get nisbet back in for me

B.H.F.C
27-02-2021, 02:38 PM
Doidge is offside or fouling and offering nothing else. Get Nisbet on.

delbert
That is pish by Newall. Slows the play right down, fires a 40 yard ball out of play. We nee much better.

We gave Boyle a new contract and he disappeared for 3 months, I think Newell must have the same agent giving out the same advice !

Brightside
Campbell proving why we should be going for him. Much more energy than anyone we have in the middle.

blackpoolhibs
It was nowhere near hitting his erse, thats why.

Mikey_1875
ridiculous yellow

wookie70
Never a booking for Doidge.

Viva_Palmeiras
What do fourth officials do seems to be lots of chatter earlier and must be of some influence on the game if the managers are yapping away at them. ...

Hibernian Verse
27-02-2021, 02:39 PM
Some hopeless decisions so far. Doidge gets headered and takes a booking.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
27-02-2021, 02:39 PM

motherwell player got a foot on the ball to take it away from him