PDA

View Full Version : Hibspass

Billy Whizz
26-02-2021, 04:01 PM
Alex Miller and Super Joe Tortolano on tomorrow’s show

wookie70
26-02-2021, 04:08 PM
Alex Miller and Super Joe Tortolano on tomorrow’s show

Looking to hear from Joe. He got such a hard time from supporters and I'm probably due him a good few apologies for some of my comments when I was much younger. Miller bores the life out of me and I take to him as a pundit as much as I did to him as a manager

Iggy Pope
26-02-2021, 04:24 PM
I hope Jack is listening in as Miller called it spot on against Ross Co last time he was on. Mind-numbing boring **** that he is.

500miles
26-02-2021, 04:46 PM
I'm just too young to remember Miller, but I enjoyed his analysis. Maybe not a tv personality, but the content of his commentary was appreciated.

gbhibby
26-02-2021, 06:26 PM
Don't know why Alex Miller gets such a bad deal on here. I can say as having watched Hibs for 55 years there were worse hibs teams and worse hibs managers than him.

oneone73
26-02-2021, 06:28 PM
Don't know why Alex Miller gets such a bad deal on here.

His derby record. Pure and simple.

wookie70
26-02-2021, 07:36 PM
His derby record. Pure and simple.
That, 7 wins in 40, and style of play considering the players we had. He probably gets more stick because he hung about so long and for the most part we were pretty poor. His 10 full league seasons were 1x3rd, 4x5th places, 1x6th, 2x7th and 2x9th place finishes(remember 10 team league for a few of those too) before leaving 2/3rds of the way through a season we won a relegation play off. I think I missed about 3 home games during his time and went to more than half the away games. It wasn't exactly edge of the seat stuff. He does seem to know his stuff technically speaking but he sends me to sleep.

Stuart93
26-02-2021, 08:30 PM
I hope Jack is listening in as Miller called it spot on against Ross Co last time he was on. Mind-numbing boring **** that he is.

Christ.

Iggy Pope
26-02-2021, 08:45 PM
Christ.

Who?

Iggy Pope
26-02-2021, 08:47 PM
That, 7 wins in 40, and style of play considering the players we had. He probably gets more stick because he hung about so long and for the most part we were pretty poor. His 10 full league seasons were 1x3rd, 4x5th places, 1x6th, 2x7th and 2x9th place finishes(remember 10 team league for a few of those too) before leaving 2/3rds of the way through a season we won a relegation play off. I think I missed about 3 home games during his time and went to more than half the away games. It wasn't exactly edge of the seat stuff. He does seem to know his stuff technically speaking but he sends me to sleep.

Nutshell.

kaimendhibs
26-02-2021, 09:07 PM
Don't know why Alex Miller gets such a bad deal on here. I can say as having watched Hibs for 55 years there were worse hibs teams and worse hibs managers than him.Won a trophy for us [emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

hibee-boys
26-02-2021, 09:21 PM
It will be good to see Joe tomorrow, didn’t realise that he had as many appearances for hibs. Got plenty stick as was the way back then, even worse than now, but never doubted his effort and desire to do his best for hibs.

Cardinal G
27-02-2021, 12:56 AM

Have to agree he called it exactly, I quite enjoyed his insight into tactics last time.

Smartie
27-02-2021, 04:32 AM
Have to agree he called it exactly, I quite enjoyed his insight into tactics last time.

Miller was great value as a guest last time.

He had a mixed record at Hibs. Some will choose to point to the dreadful derby record and often pragmatic football. Others will focus on a trophy win, guiding us through a difficult period of our history or signing and playing some excellent players.

I’d like to see a bit of robust debate between Joe and Alex about what he saw in a talented winger who wasn’t the best at defending that made him want to play him at LB. Joe was hung out to dry a bit by Miller.

For old times sake I’ll probably boo Joe’s name being announced at the start of the show, watch his head go down as Miller makes him sit in a chair that doesn’t really suit him before really enjoy him battling back to put in a decent shift on the show and win me over again. Then years later I’ll wax lyrical about how he was one of my favourite guests.