PDA

View Full Version : Macron 2021/2022

04Sauzee
26-02-2021, 03:29 PM
I noticed Hibs announced their deal with Macron in March 2017 which was initially a 3 year deaal amd extended it i believe for a further 1 year last year?

I wonder if Hibs will continue with Macron or if there are others looking to work with us?

I notice Forest Green rovers work with Player Layer and are going to ne wearing a kit made from recycled coffee 🍵

Billy Whizz
26-02-2021, 03:43 PM
I noticed Hibs announced their deal with Macron in March 2017 which was initially a 3 year deaal amd extended it i believe for a further 1 year last year?

I wonder if Hibs will continue with Macron or if there are others looking to work with us?

I notice Forest Green rovers work with Player Layer and are going to ne wearing a kit made from recycled coffee 🍵

I saw that on Sky the other day, not too sure what to make of it

Tambo
26-02-2021, 03:49 PM
I'm sure there was a thread about a rumour for a new deal with another company which I dont remember the name but I'm to lazy to check.

H18 SFR
26-02-2021, 03:56 PM
I'm sure there was a thread about a rumour for a new deal with another company which I dont remember the name but I'm to lazy to check.

Joma

matty_f
26-02-2021, 04:50 PM
I saw that on Sky the other day, not too sure what to make of it

A latte or a cappuccino, probably.

Peevemor
26-02-2021, 04:58 PM
A latte or a cappuccino, probably.Or football kit? I thought that was the point.

Frazerbob
26-02-2021, 05:12 PM

Their strips were previously made from bamboo!

Billy Whizz
26-02-2021, 05:14 PM
A latte or a cappuccino, probably.

Reminds me of an old Celtic kit

Unseen work
26-02-2021, 05:23 PM
Can’t help but feel Ron will want a big global brand

The dalmeny
26-02-2021, 05:26 PM
Can’t help but feel Ron will want a big global brand

Bukta?

Pretty Boy
26-02-2021, 05:37 PM
I'd like to see us give Umbro a go. They make some great kits, their leisure wear and retro range is good and a kit with a white band a la Insave is long overdue.

The only issue is I associate them as being a bit Hearts.

Peevemor
26-02-2021, 05:39 PM
I'd like to see us give Umbro a go. They make some great kits, their leisure wear and retro range is good and a kit with a white band a la Insave is long overdue.

The only issue is I associate them as being a bit Hearts.I hate the white band thing. Too hoopish!

Pretty Boy
26-02-2021, 05:44 PM
I hate the white band thing. Too hoopish!

I'm bias because it was the strip the year I was born. Always wanted to get my hands on one but they go for crazy money now.

jeffers
26-02-2021, 05:58 PM
I wouldn’t mind Umbro tbh, a green version of the Scotland World Cup ‘78 top and I’d even buy one myself !

bod
26-02-2021, 06:02 PM
Bukta?

hyper

Peevemor
26-02-2021, 06:19 PM
I'm bias because it was the strip the year I was born. Always wanted to get my hands on one but they go for crazy money now.Pfff. Youngsters nowadays...

1875Sean
26-02-2021, 06:36 PM
Announce Adidas

Tambo
26-02-2021, 07:16 PM
Just go back to a 70s style for next season.

Tambo
26-02-2021, 07:17 PM
Announce Adidas

Defenfitly would be the best selling top if it would be close to the real thing.

TheCabbage
26-02-2021, 07:25 PM
Le Coq Sportif circa 2000 please!

FilipinoHibs
26-02-2021, 07:34 PM
Ron may go USA to help marketing there.

Hibee Mac
26-02-2021, 07:35 PM
Would love a strip that was a modern take on the 89/90 strip with the patterned green. That would sell like hotcakes

The Wireless
26-02-2021, 07:42 PM
Announce Adidas
Without doubt the best strip and quality by miles where it is what it says on the tin. A large is a large not a x small.

04Sauzee
26-02-2021, 07:43 PM
Without doubt the best strip and quality by miles where it is what it says on the tin. A large is a large nota x small.

The Adidas template that alot of clubs are using this season puts me off.

Jdawg
27-02-2021, 06:09 AM
The Adidas template that alot of clubs are using this season puts me off.

I don’t see the fascination with Adidas. A template is all we will get.

Dalianwanda
27-02-2021, 06:15 AM

Yup totally agree. Love Adidas stuff but not been impressed with template kits for years, bland.

Dazzjw1875
27-02-2021, 09:05 PM
I would put money on it being under armour

bingo70
27-02-2021, 09:17 PM

How much money?

Is that based on inside info or just a hunch because Under Armour is popular in America?

HendoDelivered
27-02-2021, 09:19 PM
Heard its Joma too.

.Sean.
27-02-2021, 10:39 PM

The only issue is I associate them as being a bit Hearts.
Yep love the Umbro stuff. Usually no fancy stuff and pretty traditional designs.

I’ve lost count the amount of times I’ve went on about us having one of the most instantly recognisable kits in world football as opposed to some generic red or blue kit and it doesn’t need too much tinkering from year to year. Green top, white collar and sleeves, plain white shorts, green socks with white turnovers. Easy

In saying that in recent years my favourite kit was the macron diamond home. Absolute beauty. The only real issue with the macron tops is there’s always one or two details too many

McD
28-02-2021, 07:16 AM

I’m not sure I would, they’re currently pulling out of many of their shirt deals with multiple sports, negotiating with the teams (and sports in some cases) to leave the deal early

Juniper Greens
28-02-2021, 07:48 AM
I've heard Joma, disappointing as I think macron is becoming a more mainstream brand. I think of Joma as providers of cheap rubbish, but let's see what comes

The dalmeny
28-02-2021, 08:54 AM
I've heard Joma, disappointing as I think macron is becoming a more mainstream brand. I think of Joma as providers of cheap rubbish, but let's see what comes

id agree with cheap but not rubbish. Always found the strips used for kids football wore well but I think that’s part of the issue being associated with kids football causing a bit of kit snobbery (not you).

I'm not a replica kit wearer so no real issue for me. They were good enough for Honduras in the World Cup.

Just_Jimmy
28-02-2021, 08:57 AM
macron is crap and has been crap all the way through.

that hideous diamond thing should have seen the contract ripped up there and then.

this year's effort is miles better but I don't trust them to produce a Hibs kit now.

move onto someone else and let macron stick to rugby.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
28-02-2021, 10:23 AM
Watching the Hearts game the other night I thought ICT had quite a smart strip. They have been with Errea for years and I would say they consistently had the worst kit in the league when in the Premiership. They are now with Puma and the design was sharp and simple. Their away kit is from the same template as the Man City goalkeeper strip but it's smart too, not for everyone of course but a bit different and a coherent design.

I'm always wary of the smaller brands because they always seem to want to add 1 or 2 additional design elements that are unnecessary. Macron have habitually done this with Hibs strips yet bizarrely they seem to produce really clean and simple kits for the Italian rugby team.

I wouldn't really have an issue with a template design as long as it was a good template. I think with Adidas people envisage the trefoil logo, 3 stripes on the sleeves and a huge range of retro wear recalling the late 80s/early 90s. In reality we would get a deal through a 3rd party and similar shoddy designs to what Aberdeen churn out every year. The leisure wear would be generic stuff with a Hibs badge stuck on it and an extra £15 added onto the price for the privilege.

The point I am trying to make is there are pros and cons with either option. I suppose it the boils down to Hibs getting the best deal for the club.

Vault Boy
28-02-2021, 10:59 AM
I've liked the majority of Macron's efforts, diamond home kit and current away kit aside. I think there's been a good deal of variety and originality in there, with each season feeling rather distinct and unique. The sizing is an issue, but ultimately the kits are for athletes first and foremost. The home and away they produced in their first year with us are two of my favourite kits of all time.

I thought last season's were really nice too, but the team's performances under Hecky and the subsequent early ending of the season probably skewered how we'll remember them a bit.

Unless they're paying us significantly more than anyone else, I just hope it's not Nike.

The dalmeny
28-02-2021, 11:06 AM
macron is crap and has been crap all the way through.

that hideous diamond thing should have seen the contract ripped up there and then.

this year's effort is miles better but I don't trust them to produce a Hibs kit now.

move onto someone else and let macron stick to rugby.

But how crap? Moan all you like but the diamond ‘thing’ must have been signed off by someone at the club, if you don’t like it take it up with the club not macron.

Lancs Harp
28-02-2021, 11:08 AM
I've liked the majority of Macron's efforts, diamond home kit and current away kit aside. I think there's been a good deal of variety and originality in there, with each season feeling rather distinct and unique. The sizing is an issue, but ultimately the kits are for athletes first and foremost. The home and away they produced in their first year with us are two of my favourite kits of all time.

I thought last season's were really nice too, but the team's performances under Hecky and the subsequent early ending of the season probably skewered how we'll remember them a bit.

Unless they're paying us significantly more than anyone else, I just hope it's not Nike.

I wouldnt agree entirely with that. As a kit its just a tee shirt, shorts and socks. I'd argue the number one remit of a kit is commercial and will it sell. Hence we see so many games with teams playing alternative strips even without a colour clash, kits have to be worn and seen to sell. Its all commercial.

calumhibee1
28-02-2021, 11:25 AM

A template that will look completely different to anybody else because of our colours.

If we were Aberdeen, Rangers, Livingston then I’d get why a template might be a bit crap but when you’ve got such a unique colour way like ours then they’re always going to look miles different to other teams.

Adidas for me :agree:

04Sauzee
28-02-2021, 11:50 AM
A template that will look completely different to anybody else because of our colours.

If we were Aberdeen, Rangers, Livingston then I’d get why a template might be a bit crap but when you’ve got such a unique colour way like ours then they’re always going to look miles different to other teams.

Adidas for me :agree:
Have to disagree the amount of clubs using tje adidas template this season and producing horrendous kits, Aberdeen, Fulham, Sheffield utd.

This is the template we'd get

https://i.ibb.co/0h9Psgh/all-adidas-20-21-teamwear-kits-91.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

The dalmeny
28-02-2021, 11:52 AM
I wouldnt agree entirely with that. As a kit its just a tee shirt, shorts and socks. I'd argue the number one remit of a kit is commercial and will it sell. Hence we see so many games with teams playing alternative strips even without a colour clash, kits have to be worn and seen to sell. Its all commercial.

I always like home strips to be traditional with not much variation, with away strips however do what the f you want to maximise sales.

the OP you quoted talked about a sizing issue with Macron, there’s only a sizing issue if the sizing between top of the same brand varies. I’m normally an xl but in Macron I’m a 3xl that to me isn’t a sizing issue.

as a slight aside watching Palace on the box now their home top is a great mixture of the traditional of blue and red but a modern design with the blue shoulders with the stripes coming to a point. Their away strip on the other hand is a thing of beauty, if I was a palace supporter I’d be throwing money at it.

Lancs Harp
28-02-2021, 11:55 AM
I always like home strips to be traditional with not much variation, with away strips however do what the f you want to maximise sales.

the OP you quoted talked about a sizing issue with Macron, there’s only a sizing issue if the sizing between top of the same brand varies. I’m normally an xl but in Macron I’m a 3xl that to me isn’t a sizing issue.

as a slight aside watching Palace on the box now their home top is a great mixture of the traditional of blue and red but a modern design with the blue shoulders with the stripes coming to a point. Their away strip on the other hand is a thing of beauty, if I was a palace supporter I’d be throwing money at it.

I think a home strip has to be traditional to a degree or it wont sell.

TelaStella
28-02-2021, 12:16 PM
Adidas Adidas Adidas Adidas or Adidas. If we can’t get any of them then Umbro please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Jimmy
28-02-2021, 01:06 PM
But how crap? Moan all you like but the diamond ‘thing’ must have been signed off by someone at the club, if you don’t like it take it up with the club not macron.the diamond thing was the worst Hibs home kit ever produced.

I said at the time who ever signed it off should have been shown the door.

they can't even get the sizing right ffs

tin pot.

Hibee Mac
28-02-2021, 01:18 PM
Have to admit I think the Macron kits are a bit too busy and do tend to look more like rugby shirts.

Not sure who I'd want though as what I like about Macron is they don't just give us templates, or at least it doesn't feel that way.

bingo70
28-02-2021, 01:22 PM
If we are negotiating with a new supplier, who would be doing the negotiating?

Would that normally be Dempsters job or would someone at the club do it and report into her?

TelaStella
28-02-2021, 01:29 PM
Have to admit I think the Macron kits are a bit too busy and do tend to look more like rugby shirts.

Not sure who I'd want though as what I like about Macron is they don't just give us templates, or at least it doesn't feel that way.

Unfortunately the whole catch about macron offering us bespoke exclusive designs is indeed a myth mate. We get the templates just like we would with any other modern day manufacturer. See Dundee’s home top this season for example

TelaStella
28-02-2021, 01:33 PM
If we are negotiating with a new supplier, who would be doing the negotiating?

Would that normally be Dempsters job or would someone at the club do it and report into her?

Not sure but was Dempster not part of a committee that once or twice visited Macron’s HQ in Italy to look at design templates? Perhaps co members of such party would take over should they still be involved with the club, if not I guess it goes straight to Ron.

lord bunberry
28-02-2021, 01:34 PM
But how crap? Moan all you like but the diamond ‘thing’ must have been signed off by someone at the club, if you don’t like it take it up with the club not macron.
Exactly. Someone from hibs goes over and and has an input on what the strip is going to look like, it was one of the selling points when the deal was announced. The strips look exactly how the club want them to look.

Aldo
28-02-2021, 01:47 PM
Have to disagree the amount of clubs using tje adidas template this season and producing horrendous kits, Aberdeen, Fulham, Sheffield utd.

This is the template we'd get

https://i.ibb.co/0h9Psgh/all-adidas-20-21-teamwear-kits-91.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

That template is horrendous.

I think I’m with a few others and think Umbro is pretty decent however I’m sure Ron and co are working behind the scenes to secure a new manufacturer!

Brightside
28-02-2021, 02:09 PM
Without doubt the best strip and quality by miles where it is what it says on the tin. A large is a large not a x small.

Adidas haven’t made quality kit for years.

Brightside
28-02-2021, 02:13 PM
Unfortunately the whole catch about macron offering us bespoke exclusive designs is indeed a myth mate. We get the templates just like we would with any other modern day manufacturer. See Dundee’s home top this season for example

That’s nonsense. Macron allow you to change all colour schemes, collars, sleeve detail, even images added into the main colours. We may well take templates for 2nd or 3rd tops but that’s our choice.

Centre Hawf
28-02-2021, 02:17 PM
I think we'll be changing purely on the basis that it seems like we're getting rid of all the Macron stock currently and not ordering any new ones of the goalkeeper tops etc. Just feels like we're clearing house for a new manufacturer to come in and punt their gear.

I think its right to change from Macron now, their kits have been okay overall. Some look lovely, some don't look great at all. I also think the sizing is ridiculous these days, but not sure if Macron are the only ones guilty of this in the modern era. I'm a football fan not a player, I don't need it skin tight.

I would like to go back to Adidas, but failing that I'm not dead against something a bit retro with Umbro. I think retro looks are coming back in style/fashion (for me at least :greengrin) and would stand out amongst the sort of modern styles been chucked about by every other club.

bingo70
28-02-2021, 02:18 PM
Adidas haven’t made quality kit for years.

I’ve seen a few MLS Adidas strips that are similar to the old school ones from the early 90s that had the 3 stripes over the shoulder. IMO they’re decent and would sell well.

I’m not really arsed who makes our strip, the good thing about the likes of Adidas is the training gear. Been a bit of a mixed bag for me with Macron in terms of the designs but always felt it’s good quality.

I don’t buy the stuff for myself anyway, it’s just for my boy and I think he’d like anything with the Hibs badge on it.

04Sauzee
28-02-2021, 02:27 PM
I’ve seen a few MLS Adidas strips that are similar to the old school ones from the early 90s that had the 3 stripes over the shoulder. IMO they’re decent and would sell well.

I’m not really arsed who makes our strip, the good thing about the likes of Adidas is the training gear. Been a bit of a mixed bag for me with Macron in terms of the designs but always felt it’s good quality.

I don’t buy the stuff for myself anyway, it’s just for my boy and I think he’d like anything with the Hibs badge on it.
I think the MLS done a deal with Addidas where eveey club was supplied by Addidas and evedy xkub had the same template just in their club colours.

Brightside
28-02-2021, 02:29 PM

I was thinking more about the build quality of the kits. I’ve used Adidas a fair bit for teamwear. We’d quite often have to replace kits during the season. Never had that issue with Joma or Macron. I know fans aren’t bothered about that but Adidas really is cheap tat these days.

StevesFamau5
28-02-2021, 02:50 PM
Throwing a couple of other potential names in the mix.

Lotto? Like Macron they seem to have some decent stuff.

New Balance? American connection maybe a possibility?

Kelme even? Some nice stuff from the Spanish company.

Anyone but Nike or Adidas with the bang average expensive poor quality template *****.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

SteveHFC
28-02-2021, 03:11 PM

Anyone but Nike or Adidas with the bang average expensive poor quality template *****.

Kappa and Jako. Have a few random shirts by teams made by them both. Decent gear.

04Sauzee
28-02-2021, 03:13 PM

Didn't realise Loto still made football Kits.
Kelme do a few decent strips abroad and think they do Watford?

bingo70
28-02-2021, 03:16 PM

Kappa is another one.

I’ve always thought the link up with Luke was a bit odd. They made the Aston Villa strips last season, wouldn’t be my first choice but would be interesting to see what they’d come up with.

Just_Jimmy
28-02-2021, 03:24 PM
Adidas haven’t made quality kit for years.arsenal's kits last couple years have been gorgeous.

that said we wouldn't have that pulling power.

StevesFamau5
28-02-2021, 04:14 PM
Kappa is another one.

I’ve always thought the link up with Luke was a bit odd. They made the Aston Villa strips last season, wouldn’t be my first choice but would be interesting to see what they’d come up with.Kappa would be good but it's often uber tight.

Luke is alright in terms of designer clothing but not sure about sporting goods.

Jako is an interesting shout as well.

RyeSloan
28-02-2021, 04:28 PM
As long as we don’t get a strip with that reverse collar nonsense...the Liverpool shirt this year is a perfect example of how NOT to do a collar!

hibstag
28-02-2021, 04:50 PM

Yes macron feel a bit like umbro in the eighties umbro strips then all had elements of a similar design idea but our strips felt different when in our colours

SChibs
28-02-2021, 05:00 PM
Wouldn't mind Joma. Arent they quite a big brand in Europe but folk here often turn their nose up at them because their stuff isnt as popular is the UK?

bingo70
28-02-2021, 05:12 PM
Wouldn't mind Joma. Arent they quite a big brand in Europe but folk here often turn their nose up at them because their stuff isnt as popular is the UK?

Yeah, they’ve got some really big clubs in Europe.

Anderlecht is one, Atalanta and Torino are others I think. One of the big clubs in Russia as well I think.

Generally the ***** across here but I don’t really care, if the strip is alright and sells well then that’s all that matters really.

My jambo mates were saying they’re getting a new strip manufacturer next season as well and they’re assuming it’ll be some cheap crap brand.

Not sure if it’s always the case but I suspect it’ll be a decision based 100% on the finances this year.

SteveHFC
28-02-2021, 07:28 PM
Kappa would be good but it's often uber tight.

Luke is alright in terms of designer clothing but not sure about sporting goods.

Jako is an interesting shout as well.

I bought this from classic shirts around 2 years ago and the design would make the perfect home shirt for us.

https://dnre29p915wg3.cloudfront.net/media/catalog/product/g/a/gallen-17-home-pi-sample_1.jpg

Lancs Harp
28-02-2021, 07:32 PM
With all the comments about Macron and sizing perhaps we need Jacamo on the job :wink::greengrin

StevesFamau5
28-02-2021, 07:33 PM
I bought this from classic shirts around 2 years ago and the design would make the perfect home shirt for us.

https://dnre29p915wg3.cloudfront.net/media/catalog/product/g/a/gallen-17-home-pi-sample_1.jpgBought this as well. Cracking shirt.

Something like that would be good for us.

ErinGoBraghHFC
28-02-2021, 10:54 PM
90s bukta or we riot

Hibernian Verse
01-03-2021, 06:53 AM
Le Coq Sportif circa 2000 please!

I have good memories of that kit. But if the brand was in English "The Athletic Male Chicken" isn't too appealing :wink:

Brightside
01-03-2021, 07:23 AM
With all the comments about Macron and sizing perhaps we need Jacamo on the job :wink::greengrin

I do find that pretty funny. Football tops arent really designed for fat older men. If Daz is wearing an XL dont be surprised if you have to buy 5xl. They arent casual wear.

MyJo
01-03-2021, 10:06 AM
https://www.lecoqsportif.com/media/images/products/2110831/2110831_1.jpg

https://www.lecoqsportif.com/media/images/products/2110833/2110833_1.jpg

calumhibee1
01-03-2021, 10:29 AM

Beauties

calumhibee1
01-03-2021, 10:53 AM
I think the MLS done a deal with Addidas where eveey club was supplied by Addidas and evedy xkub had the same template just in their club colours.

:agree:

Think that’s generally how American sports work since the clubs are just franchises.

The NBA kits are all by Nike (except for Charlotte Hornets who are owned by Michael Jordan and made by Jordan who are of course part of Nike).

Maybe if Ron happens to know MJ we could also get Jordan strips? They’d sell like hot cakes world wide to people who have no interest in soccer :agree:

The dalmeny
01-03-2021, 11:12 AM
Beauties

Always like an away top that’s the reverse of the home one

04Sauzee
01-03-2021, 11:20 AM

I think that may even be a t-shirt, think these are the actual match kits?

https://i.ibb.co/6YmnSx2/g-2020576-1.jpg (https://ibb.co/SNPsg82)

https://i.ibb.co/vsk2QBh/g-2020579-1.jpg (https://ibb.co/z8ZK75F)

nonshinyfinish
01-03-2021, 11:26 AM
I do find that pretty funny. Football tops arent really designed for fat older men. If Daz is wearing an XL dont be surprised if you have to buy 5xl. They arent casual wear.

Is that actually true of normal replica kits though? I thought the kits worn by players had their own sizing, where as you go up the sizes they'll increase more in the shoulders than in the waist etc. But the replica kits sold to fans are sized like normal clothes, and so a fan's XL will be more forgiving around the belly than Daz's XL.

I think what you refer to did actually happen with the HSL kit (explaining why the smaller sizes were similar to the equivalent sizes of this season's other shirts, but the larger sizes presented a real challenge to the well-timbered gentleman) because the players' and fans' kits all came from one batch, but isn't normally the case.

(I do agree with your general point that a football kit is always unlikely to be flattering on anyone with a significant belly.)

BlackSheep
01-03-2021, 12:43 PM
We have the 150th anniversary of the club coming up in 2025 so I think they’d be sensible to leave any real classic to the 24/25 or 25/26 season.

MyJo
01-03-2021, 12:51 PM
I think that may even be a t-shirt, think these are the actual match kits?

https://i.ibb.co/6YmnSx2/g-2020576-1.jpg (https://ibb.co/SNPsg82)

https://i.ibb.co/vsk2QBh/g-2020579-1.jpg (https://ibb.co/z8ZK75F)

Yeah they aren't the actual match kits for St Ettienne, they are below, think it might be training tops but thought they looked great for us if we were to go back with LQS

https://media1.boutiquedesverts.fr/19293-large_default/maillot-asse-2020-2021-domicile-le-coq-sportif.jpghttps://media3.boutiquedesverts.fr/19274-large_default/maillot-asse-blanc-2020-2021-exterieur-le-coq-sportif.jpghttps://media2.boutiquedesverts.fr/19404-large_default/maillot-asse-noir-2020-2021-third-le-coq-sportif.jpg

keep the faith
01-03-2021, 12:57 PM

Yep lecoq sportif everyday of the week for me!

Jones28
01-03-2021, 01:13 PM
Yeah they aren't the actual match kits for St Ettienne, they are below, think it might be training tops but thought they looked great for us if we were to go back with LQS

https://media1.boutiquedesverts.fr/19293-large_default/maillot-asse-2020-2021-domicile-le-coq-sportif.jpghttps://media3.boutiquedesverts.fr/19274-large_default/maillot-asse-blanc-2020-2021-exterieur-le-coq-sportif.jpghttps://media2.boutiquedesverts.fr/19404-large_default/maillot-asse-noir-2020-2021-third-le-coq-sportif.jpg

These please, cracking kits.

Perd Hapley
03-03-2021, 04:30 PM
Grown quite fond of the Macron kits, especially since they rebranded their logo - would be very happy to see them do it again but if not then I'd opt for Umbro or UA - New Balance have also been putting out some nice clean designs lately. Wouldn't mind seeing some kind of sublimated pattern as seems to be the rage doon sooth right now - I'm actually a big fan of the Arsenal kit this year though agree with others that Adidas for us would almost certainly just mean the same bland template pish the sheep have been rocking for years.

Whatever the case I want to see the dark green again - or better still some mad two-tone design a la 18/19

Edit: reading through the thread I see the 18/19 diamond kit is disliked by some. You are all objectively wrong

04Sauzee
03-03-2021, 07:44 PM
Actually really like this St Etienne Le Coq Sportif kit

https://i.ibb.co/9WtXFFw/Buy-AS-Saint-Etienne-Football-Tickets-Football-Ticket-Net-png-1.webp (https://ibb.co/FzVvSSs)

04Sauzee
04-03-2021, 06:57 PM
Rumours this is the new Chelsea Kit complete with yellow badge 👀

https://i.ibb.co/SyLrK0Z/20210304-195516.jpg (https://ibb.co/C8r2nvS)

bingo70
04-03-2021, 07:14 PM

Think Chelsea used to have a yellow badge back in the day didn’t they?

04Sauzee
04-03-2021, 07:17 PM

Not sure, dont mind the neck and the zigzag design is ok.

Lancs Harp
04-03-2021, 07:23 PM

In the 70s when Chelsea played against team with white socks they changed to yellow socks, the stripe on the shorts was yellow and the badge yellow too. Think they won the European Cup Winners cup against Real Madrid in the 70s wearing that kit and the cup against Leeds in 1970 in the replay.

CMurdoch
04-03-2021, 07:39 PM

I have an allergy to poly ******* ester so that would be great.

AliboyFC
04-03-2021, 07:39 PM

That is absolutely horrendous 😂

Dazzjw1875
04-03-2021, 09:15 PM
You would think Hibs would announce something and have a new top in fairly quick after season finishes to try maximise some funds before everyone heads for the summer holidays haha but to help booster squad for crack at europa league

BlackSheep
05-03-2021, 06:34 AM

Confirmed it’s not a yellow badge.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/10/exclusive-nike-chelsea-21-22-home-kit.html?m=1

Gatecrasher
05-03-2021, 07:44 AM
Some of the Adidas and Nike kits have been horrible recently. I wouldn't mind keeping the one we have or moving as long as we have decent kits. The one thing I liked about our current deal is the training stuff is pretty good.

mcohibs
24-03-2021, 10:09 PM
Anyone know if we'll still be with Macron next season or will their deal run out? New kits are done well in advance so I'd imagine it's decided by now

AndyM_1875
25-03-2021, 09:33 AM
The Macron gear is being punted by the shop at half price or less now so perhaps we are getting ready to change supplier.

04Sauzee
23-04-2021, 12:13 PM
Hibs launched this seasons Home kit on the 14th May 2020. We might have launched a bit early due to covid and the season not being ended

2017/18 kit was launched 14th June.

Don't think we will have to long to wait. Hopefully 6-9 weeks before an announcement?

Vault Boy
23-04-2021, 12:46 PM
I think Hibs are hoping for another early-ish release this year.

Fuzzywuzzy
23-04-2021, 01:33 PM
Still want to see us with something like these

https://www.lecoqsportif.com/uk-en/e-shop/football-asse-jersey

Brightside
23-04-2021, 01:56 PM
Dark Purple / Light Purple stripes - Dark Purple Edging. Light Purple shorts, Dark Purple socks, with light purple turns.

andrew70
23-04-2021, 02:00 PM
Still want to see us with something like these

https://www.lecoqsportif.com/uk-en/e-shop/football-asse-jersey

Simple but very effective.

The blue and red for French flag around the logo is an entirely different matter :wink:

Diclonius
23-04-2021, 02:00 PM
Dark Purple / Light Purple stripes - Dark Purple Edging. Light Purple shorts, Dark Purple socks, with light purple turns.

Guess or inside info?

I'd buy it.

Brightside
23-04-2021, 02:20 PM
Guess or inside info?

I'd buy it.

Guess.

.Sean.
23-04-2021, 02:35 PM
Guess.
Very specific guess. I like the sound of it.

MrRobot
23-04-2021, 04:44 PM
Would really like a white away top this year, rounded collar.

BlackSheep
23-04-2021, 06:11 PM
Any word on if we are still with Macron for next season?

bingo70
23-04-2021, 06:16 PM
Any word on if we are still with Macron for next season?

Apparently it’s going to be Joma.

Was rumoured on here a while back which I took with a pinch of salt, I’ve been told off someone who could well know that it definitely is though.

Iggy Pope
23-04-2021, 06:24 PM
The Macron gear is being punted by the shop at half price or less now so perhaps we are getting ready to change supplier.

Maybe been said but didn’t Macron have an input or stake into the shop itself?

Pretty Boy
23-04-2021, 06:25 PM
What colour away top are we due?

12/13 - White & Yellow 3rd
13/14 - Black
14/15 - White
15/16 - Purple
16/17 - Yellow
17/18 - Black
18/19 - White & Yellow 3rd kit
19/20 - Purple & Grey 3rd kit
20/21 - Black & Yellow 3rd kit

We'll have an away and 3rd kit next year. Reckon a white and purple option is a good bet.

Personally I'd like to see us try something different for one of them. A total white out kit would be quite a nice contrast to the black out kits a few clubs have had in recent years. I also quite like gold on a football kit. Something like the Arsenal away kit from 2016 but with bottle green in place of the navy.

Jones28
23-04-2021, 06:26 PM
Would really like a white away top this year, rounded collar.

Love white Hibs kits.

.Sean.
23-04-2021, 06:35 PM

13/14 - Black
14/15 - White
15/16 - Purple
16/17 - Yellow
17/18 - Black

We'll have an away and 3rd kit next year. Reckon a white and purple option is a good bet.

Personally I'd like to see us try something different for one of them. A total white out kit would be quite a nice contrast to the black out kits a few clubs have had in recent years. I also quite like gold on a football kit. Something like the Arsenal away kit from 2016 but with bottle green in place of the navy.
I’d like us to go for something totally different for the away too. I’ve got a champagne colour training top from back in the LCS days which is nice. A silver kit with dark green trims would be nice. I even liked the mint green kit I thought it was quite classy with the black socks.

I really dislike the yellow and luminous kits.

Billy Whizz
23-04-2021, 06:36 PM

13/14 - Black
14/15 - White
15/16 - Purple
16/17 - Yellow
17/18 - Black

We hardly wore the black one this season

lord bunberry
23-04-2021, 06:55 PM
I wish they’d do a purple top with white sleeves. The last few purple efforts have been poor.

bingo70
23-04-2021, 07:19 PM

13/14 - Black
14/15 - White
15/16 - Purple
16/17 - Yellow
17/18 - Black

We normally get a clue from the colours in the marketing material but don’t think we’ve had that this year.

I think because we are in Europe we need a third strip. With that in mind I hope we have a white too with green sleeves, not the dark green from a few years ago, nice bright green like the away strip from the skol cup winning season.

BlackSheep
23-04-2021, 07:21 PM

Was rumoured on here a while back which I took with a pinch of salt, I’ve been told off someone who could well know that it definitely is though.

Wow.... it may have been me that popped that but of speculation up here....!

Not sure I like the idea of Joma.

BlackSheep
23-04-2021, 07:22 PM
I wish they’d do a purple top with white sleeves. The last few purple efforts have been poor.

Last years away was fantastic.... best footy kit for years.

1van Sprou7e
23-04-2021, 07:24 PM

13/14 - Black
14/15 - White
15/16 - Purple
16/17 - Yellow
17/18 - Black

Been saying for ages we should release a "sunshine" kit with one or more shades of a more golden yellow. Hate the bright luminous yellow we usually have

bingo70
23-04-2021, 07:30 PM

Neither do I but I don’t care really. They make strips for a few big clubs so if they’re good enough for the likes of Anderlecht then they should be good enough for us.

The person who told me is pals with a couple of players, when he told me it was going to be Joma I just said I’d heard that rumour too, he said it’s not just a rumour and definitely going to be them.

I don’t know if the players would know or not so he may have just picked up the rumour as well but he seemed certain.

mcohibs
23-04-2021, 07:33 PM

Bit sunday league is it not

04Sauzee
23-04-2021, 07:36 PM
Neither do I but I don’t care really. They make strips for a few big clubs so if they’re good enough for the likes of Anderlecht then they should be good enough for us.

The person who told me is pals with a couple of players, when he told me it was going to be Joma I just said I’d heard that rumour too, he said it’s not just a rumour and definitely going to be them.

I don’t know if the players would know or not so he may have just picked up the rumour as well but he seemed certain.

This is this seasons Anderlecht Kits by Joma

https://i.ibb.co/MnJY415/Purple-1.jpg (https://ibb.co/4W06GSg)

https://i.ibb.co/bv6wq5S/HT-101021-10-G1-logo.jpg (https://ibb.co/QHJSzv2)

theScientist
23-04-2021, 07:38 PM

100% Joma for next season

Renfrew_Hibby
23-04-2021, 07:39 PM

If Joma were to produce a Hibs kit on a par with their Atalanta kits then you would be changing your opinion.

04Sauzee
23-04-2021, 07:42 PM
If Joma were to produce a Hibs kit on a par with their Atalanta kits then you would be changing your opinion.

Atalanta Home, Away & 3rd kit

https://i.ibb.co/r3Hxmdw/AT20008-1.jpg (https://ibb.co/C6QbzPH)

https://i.ibb.co/31f2FCB/AT20002-1.jpg (https://ibb.co/ZdH5gMW)
https://i.ibb.co/Msq8TTg/AT20003-1.jpg (https://ibb.co/bPpHhh6)

bingo70
23-04-2021, 08:03 PM

https://i.ibb.co/Msq8TTg/AT20003-1.jpg (https://ibb.co/bPpHhh6)

The bottom two are dreadful IMO

Hibee Mac
23-04-2021, 08:10 PM
I don't mind who it is, in reality any manufacturer should be more than capable of making a cracking Hibs kit.

Not saying they definitely will, Macron had 1 or 2 id class as 'good' but nothing more.

Brightside
23-04-2021, 08:21 PM
I thought we had macron for one more year. Looking forward to what the new supplier has lined up. I know what of the sales guys. I’ll ask about.

Pretty Boy
23-04-2021, 08:32 PM
I don't mind who it is, in reality any manufacturer should be more than capable of making a cracking Hibs kit.

Not saying they definitely will, Macron had 1 or 2 id class as 'good' but nothing more.

I always think a Hibs home top should be about the easiest thing in the world to design but so many have managed to get it wrong over the years.

Green body, white sleeves (but not shoulders), white and only white shorts and green socks with a white turnover. Add a couple of touches but don't try to reinvent the wheel. Macron have been awful for adding 1 or 2 elements too many to every kit they have done for us. It designs itself if you keep it simple.

Do what you like with the away and goalkeeper kits but just don't **** with the home kit.

Cruit
23-04-2021, 08:42 PM
The Joma Finn Harps kits have been reasonably simple for the most part, but more good kits than bad.

Personally I'm more interested in the training gear as that's what I'll wear more often and while I'd prefer Joma to Macron there are probably better out there.

Bristolhibby
23-04-2021, 09:37 PM
The bottom two are dreadful IMO

Top is nice, middle is interesting, wouldn’t mind it. Bottom is terrible. Collar is a disgrace.

J

King Cosell
23-04-2021, 09:56 PM
Feel like Alan Partridge when Lynn tries to palm him off with a Mini Metro. I'm not wearing Joma, I'm not wearing Joma, I'm not wearing Joma...

Greenio
24-04-2021, 05:30 AM
I always think a Hibs home top should be about the easiest thing in the world to design but so many have managed to get it wrong over the years.

Green body, white sleeves (but not shoulders), white and only white shorts and green socks with a white turnover. Add a couple of touches but don't try to reinvent the wheel. Macron have been awful for adding 1 or 2 elements too many to every kit they have done for us. It designs itself if you keep it simple.

Do what you like with the away and goalkeeper kits but just don't **** with the home kit.

The 'couple of touches' is the hard bit!

Greenio
24-04-2021, 05:34 AM
I'm not precious about who it is.

The only two important things are that Hibs get a fruitful deal and people buy it so we get sales. If it looks good, I don't think people will care and I like the idea of going with a smaller supplier.

(Still have a desire to see a Hibs Adidas strip at one point on my life, just because I've always liked them, Superstars, mostly)

04Sauzee
24-04-2021, 09:00 AM
Toulouse FC home and away kit

https://i.ibb.co/8xyRyFg/maillot-domicile-joma-tfc-2020-21.jpg (https://ibb.co/C9jXjxK)

https://i.ibb.co/yhxYhfh/maillot-exterieur-joma-tfc-20-21.jpg (https://ibb.co/dbHLbWb)

04Sauzee
24-04-2021, 09:14 AM
FC Leganes Away kit

https://i.ibb.co/nPQLKRq/imagen-principal.jpg (https://ibb.co/vXLjMDC)

ian cruise
24-04-2021, 09:17 AM
I'm not seeing anything in those Joma kits that get me overly excited unfortunately. I've been a fan of the macron kits though so it's likely a personal taste issue.

MyJo
24-04-2021, 09:37 AM
Joma seem to have a range made from fabric that’s recycled plastic. Wonder if this is a factor in us choosing them to fit in with our “greenest club in football” ethos

Aldo
24-04-2021, 10:29 AM
Joma seem to have a range made from fabric that’s recycled plastic. Wonder if this is a factor in us choosing them to fit in with our “greenest club in football” ethos

MJ you could be onto something with that!

.Sean.
24-04-2021, 10:58 AM
Personally I’d rather have Joma than some council Nike/ Adidas 3rd party ‘deal’ through a sports shop

BlackSheep
24-04-2021, 11:39 AM
100% Joma for next season

Disappointing.... it’s taken 3 years or so for folk to come round to Macron and I think this isn’t step back from a fans POV.

We’d be better staying with macron IMHO.

Pretty Boy
24-04-2021, 11:56 AM
Personally I’d rather have Jim’s than some council Nike/ Adidas 3rd party ‘deal’ through a sports shop

Definitely.

The argument for Adidas always seems to be based on a belief that we would get a huge range of bespoke Originals merchandise and leisure wear. No chance, we'd get the same catalogue efforts Aberdeen churn out every season. We aren't getting anything comparable to Man Utd or Bayern Munich, largely because we aren't getting a deal directly with Adidas for the bulk of the stuff the clubstore will sell.

I'm not particularly sold on Joma based on the kits posted on this thread but I don't have any fascination with Nike and Adidas either. I'd rather work with someone like Macron or Joma who will give us some input into our kit and merch design than see us have to try to make up a nonsense story to fit a template like the 2012 Puma and 2015 Nike efforts.

BlackSheep
24-04-2021, 12:39 PM
Based on the away description and the fact it looks like Joma are then manufacturer this could be the base for our away kit.

https://www.joma-sport.com/en/shirt-short-sleeve-ss-t-shirt-tiger-violet-100945.550?tid=147

Carheenlea
24-04-2021, 12:54 PM
Regardless of who makes it we’ll always have nice kits, but for me it’s important to have a good range of training/leisurewear that would appeal to a large chunk of the support who don’t wear replica kit, but would wear polo shirts, quarter zip tops etc.

Pains me to say it but Hearts have a really good range of Umbro gear, and we could do a lot worse than see them as our suppliers.

Ultimately though, it’s not something that has me lying awake at night worrying about, so whatever deal Hibs can get that they feel is most attractive then that’ll do.

.Sean.
24-04-2021, 01:18 PM
Definitely.

The argument for Adidas always seems to be based on a belief that we would get a huge range of bespoke Originals merchandise and leisure wear. No chance, we'd get the same catalogue efforts Aberdeen churn out every season. We aren't getting anything comparable to Man Utd or Bayern Munich, largely because we aren't getting a deal directly with Adidas for the bulk of the stuff the clubstore will sell.

I'm not particularly sold on Joma based on the kits posted on this thread but I don't have any fascination with Nike and Adidas either. I'd rather work with someone like Macron or Joma who will give us some input into our kit and merch design than see us have to try to make up a nonsense story to fit a template like the 2012 Puma and 2015 Nike efforts.
Two stinking efforts - Puma said the 2011/2012 kit was to recognise the old slope - proved nonsense as it was a template Spurs used the season before. Probably my least favourite kit of all time. As for the crap that Nike came out with the all green bottle green top of 14/15 - apparently to represent the kit we wore during the years the F5 were born, it was such a catalogue template we couldn’t even get it with white sleeves

matty_f
24-04-2021, 01:39 PM
Two stinking efforts - Puma said the 2011/2012 kit was to recognise the old slope - proved nonsense as it was a template Spurs used the season before. Probably my least favourite kit of all time. As for the crap that Nike came out with the all green bottle green top of 14/15 - apparently to represent the kit we wore during the years the F5 were born, it was such a catalogue template we couldn’t even get it with white sleeves

Those two strips are my least favourite ever, the all green with the massive tacky Marathonbet transfer on the front was horrible - marginally better in person but rank compared to other years.

The slope one, along with being synonymous with the 2012 cup final, was brutal as well.

I would say since 2016 we’ve not had a bad strip, in fact the 2016 Nike kit was brilliant, and the very first Macron strip was stunning, one of my all time favourites.

tamig
24-04-2021, 02:30 PM

Its brand snobbery. Absolutely rife on the new kit threads over the past few years. Bit of ignorance involved too. “Pub league” indeed 😂

BlackSheep
24-04-2021, 03:58 PM
I base my opinion on the team wear for any manufacturer, as most clubs will get a kit based on one of their templates, with some potential bespoke features added.

I’ve never been keen on Joma as a brand and neither Adidas nor Nike get my juices flowing. Macron have been getting better and better so it would be a shame to take a step backwards in my opinion.

If I could choose a manufacturer I would go for Puma currently as I think their unique catalogue of kits has been impressive, and very on trend for replica kits.

Don’t get me wrong Joma could do a macron, but I just don’t see it... they’re not tearing up trees anywhere with their current offerings.

The Pointer
24-04-2021, 08:54 PM

Agree and I always think Joma are an outfit for lower leagues. I've been impressed with Macron designs which have been fairly classic so would be happy to stay with them. Their only problem is with sizing.

The Pointer
24-04-2021, 09:04 PM
Its brand snobbery. Absolutely rife on the new kit threads over the past few years. Bit of ignorance involved too. “Pub league” indeed 😂

Not at all, just based on designs and appearance of our own strips, and Joma do have a bargain basement appearance. Generally speaking Adidas, Nike and Macron have decent designs and an 'appeal' which Joma don't.

mcohibs
24-04-2021, 09:06 PM

Pub league 🤔?

tamig
25-04-2021, 09:27 AM
Not at all, just based on designs and appearance of our own strips, and Joma do have a bargain basement appearance. Generally speaking Adidas, Nike and Macron have decent designs and an 'appeal' which Joma don't.

Adidas offerings lately have been pretty poor imo. I have a lot of Adidas gear from back in the day and still buy stuff from the Originals range. Their teamwear now is poor and look at what the likes of Aberdeen get served up. Nike didn’t really do us any favours with us a few years back other than give us the now iconic cup winning strip. The other strips provided were pretty naff. I like the Macron kits. Would be happy continuing with them but if not, more than happy to see what a new partnership brings.

tamig
25-04-2021, 09:29 AM
Pub league 🤔?

Sorry thought someone mentioned pub league but it was maybe your Sunday league quote 😊

hibsjersey
25-04-2021, 09:47 AM
https://twitter.com/davidreynolds10/status/1382321914077667331?s=21

Iain G
25-04-2021, 09:55 AM
Toulouse FC home and away kit

https://i.ibb.co/8xyRyFg/maillot-domicile-joma-tfc-2020-21.jpg (https://ibb.co/C9jXjxK)

https://i.ibb.co/yhxYhfh/maillot-exterieur-joma-tfc-20-21.jpg (https://ibb.co/dbHLbWb)

My word they look cheap!

StevesFamau5
25-04-2021, 10:26 AM
Adidas offerings lately have been pretty poor imo. I have a lot of Adidas gear from back in the day and still buy stuff from the Originals range. Their teamwear now is poor and look at what the likes of Aberdeen get served up. Nike didn’t really do us any favours with us a few years back other than give us the now iconic cup winning strip. The other strips provided were pretty naff. I like the Macron kits. Would be happy continuing with them but if not, more than happy to see what a new partnership brings.Agreed, Adidas Originals stuff is really nice but most of the sports gear is distinctly average.

If the famous Glasgae Celtic only get crap stock items from Adidas does anyone really think we won't get the same only rebadged for us. I grudge paying 60 quid for bargain basement stock stuff.

Recently got a hoodie, zip up top and jersey from Chester FC (long story) the quality of the Kappa stuff was really good. Sizes similar to Macron and made in the EU. Could be a good shout?

Just_Jimmy
25-04-2021, 11:02 AM
https://twitter.com/davidreynolds10/status/1382321914077667331?s=21that's smart as. as usual we'll get loads of superb fan mock ups and the end result will be a duffer or a boring template.

I'm a public critic of macron on this forum and I'm really not a fan, however I do appreciate the fact they've tried things. they've had a couple of decent efforts too.

I really wish they'd fix the sizing issue because it's ridiculous.

Pretty Boy
25-04-2021, 11:04 AM
I think the new Italy away kit is proof even the big boys can get it spectacularly wrong.

An overused template that looks like a 'souvenir edition' you'd see hanging outside Ali's Cave in a World Cup year.

BlackSheep
25-04-2021, 02:06 PM
I think the new Italy away kit is proof even the big boys can get it spectacularly wrong.

An overused template that looks like a 'souvenir edition' you'd see hanging outside Ali's Cave in a World Cup year.

I agree with Puma’s latest international kits.... horrible!!

But the leaked Man City and AC Milan kits are very nice.

GreenCastle
25-04-2021, 02:13 PM
https://twitter.com/davidreynolds10/status/1382321914077667331?s=21

Definitely interesting...

Really not a fan of our yellow kit this season - just doesn’t look like a Hibs strip.

Prefer wearing white away from home and some green in the kit too.

Brightside
30-04-2021, 07:58 AM
Joma announced as new Livi kit manufacturer.

04Sauzee
30-04-2021, 08:15 AM

🆕 | Livingston FC is delighted to announce an exciting new, 3-year kit partnership with Spanish teamwear giants Joma Sport and Scottish teamwear experts, The Soccer Shop:Direct.

🔗 https://t.co/175nB3zH7i https://t.co/2g6P2qAOWe

bingo70
30-04-2021, 08:17 AM

I’m not a fan of their stuff but I noticed from the panini sticker album they’re doing kits for teams in the Euros (Ukraine being one I think) and they make the Villarreal strip who were in the semi final of the Europe league last night.

As I say, not a huge fan of their kits but they’re not the tin pot outfit that just do pub teams I had them down as at first when it was first suggested we’d be getting them.

04Sauzee
30-04-2021, 08:22 AM
I’m not a fan of their stuff but I noticed from the panini sticker album they’re doing kits for teams in the Euros (Ukraine being one I think) and they make the Villarreal strip who were in the semi final of the Europe league last night.

As I say, not a huge fan of their kits but they’re not the tin pot outfit that just do pub teams I had them down as at first when it was first suggested we’d be getting them.
They do a cracking Villa real training kit

https://i.ibb.co/FHs2fGX/camiseta-entrenamiento-jugador-m-c-20-21.jpg (https://ibb.co/dmbF3nt)

CapitalGreen
30-04-2021, 09:10 AM
My word they look cheap!

Out of interest, what defines them as looking cheap?

.Sean.
30-04-2021, 09:12 AM
🆕 | Livingston FC is delighted to announce an exciting new, 3-year kit partnership with Spanish teamwear giants Joma Sport and Scottish teamwear experts, The Soccer Shop:Direct.

🔗 https://t.co/175nB3zH7i https://t.co/2g6P2qAOWe
I’m sure if we go with Joma it’ll be a direct deal with them as opposed to a 3rd party one through a sports shop

MrRobot
30-04-2021, 11:20 AM
I’m sure if we go with Joma it’ll be a direct deal with them as opposed to a 3rd party one through a sports shop

My thoughts too, it seems livi will be getting Joma via pro direct. If Hibs are to go with them, i’d hope for a direct deal where we can majorly influence the kit design rather than pick from templates.

With Ron in and the commercial awareness increase there seems to have been, i’m hoping for hibs to secure a good deal that keeps them in control of designs.

04Sauzee
30-04-2021, 11:49 AM
My thoughts too, it seems livi will be getting Joma via pro direct. If Hibs are to go with them, i’d hope for a direct deal where we can majorly influence the kit design rather than pick from templates.

With Ron in and the commercial awareness increase there seems to have been, i’m hoping for hibs to secure a good deal that keeps them in control of designs.
Is it not that Livi are getting a 'bespoke' design? And that The Soccer Shop are just going to run and stock the livingston official shop? Similar to what Hibs had with Macron and PSL

bingo70
04-05-2021, 11:01 AM
At the Hibs shop just now and there’s a branded van from Pitch team wear parked outside the entrance to the Famous Five stand.

Do they have anything to do with Hibs just now? If not I’m guessing they might be involved in the Joma deal?

CapitalGreen
04-05-2021, 11:11 AM
At the Hibs shop just now and there’s a branded van from Pitch team wear parked outside the entrance to the Famous Five stand.

Do they have anything to do with Hibs just now? If not I’m guessing they might be involved in the Joma deal?

Pitch Team Wear is part of PSL who we currently work with however Joma are one of the other brands they work with.

Austinho
04-05-2021, 12:44 PM

https://i.ibb.co/Msq8TTg/AT20003-1.jpg (https://ibb.co/bPpHhh6)Yup, all of those are awful, including the collar on the home shirt.

flash
04-05-2021, 12:46 PM
Yup, all of those are awful, including the collar on the home shirt.

Top one looks pretty smart to me.

HH81
04-05-2021, 12:48 PM
https://twitter.com/SSibbald9/status/1389536154526044163?s=19

Hibs90
04-05-2021, 12:59 PM
https://www.pitchteamwear.com/shop/catalogue/vier-jersey-tw-emerald-white_41169/

:offski:

Iain G
04-05-2021, 01:25 PM
Out of interest, what defines them as looking cheap?

For me they are too fussy, too many badges and logos that look like someone's mum has ironed them on, bad collar, material looks cheap and the colours and patterns on the strip look like Primark training gear 😁 Rather we keep it classic and simple for the home strip at least, Macron are just as bad at naff little embellishments.

calumhibee1
04-05-2021, 02:58 PM
https://www.pitchteamwear.com/shop/catalogue/vier-jersey-tw-emerald-white_41169/

:offski:

Beautiful

AliboyFC
04-05-2021, 03:15 PM
They do a cracking Villa real training kit

https://i.ibb.co/FHs2fGX/camiseta-entrenamiento-jugador-m-c-20-21.jpg (https://ibb.co/dmbF3nt)

That is awful.

Vault Boy
04-05-2021, 03:22 PM

Some real potential in a couple of those. He's done a great job.

04Sauzee
04-05-2021, 03:35 PM
That is awful.

Thought it looked decent for a training top tbh.

1van Sprou7e
04-05-2021, 04:21 PM

Beautiful, love the retro one with the harp badge. Hope we do something similair for our 150th anniversary but that's still a while away

flash
04-05-2021, 04:36 PM
I hope the mock ups have been forwarded to the club. (Obviously they haven't but it wouldn't be a new strip thread I someone didn't suggest it.)

Jones28
04-05-2021, 08:53 PM
Those mock ups are b e a utiful

The dalmeny
04-05-2021, 09:00 PM
I assume any design a manufacturer comes up with gets signed off by the club

Pretty Boy
04-05-2021, 09:31 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/soccer/manchestercity/.amp/news/leaked-man-city-2021-2022-third-kit

Puma are really doubling down on their awful text across the chest idea. The Italy away kit, the above monstrosity and there is a similar one doing the rounds for Dortmund.

MrRobot
04-05-2021, 09:36 PM
Some real potential in a couple of those. He's done a great job.

I think the first is OK but not keen on the rest. not sure why, but i’m not keen on strips with the badge and manufacture being centre aligned.

TelaStella
04-05-2021, 10:31 PM

Imaginehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210504/06d5c609bba92d310370042f37bd0c60.jpg

EI255
05-05-2021, 06:49 AM
Imaginehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210504/06d5c609bba92d310370042f37bd0c60.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWouldn't get to wear that in Europe [emoji6]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

nonshinyfinish
05-05-2021, 07:45 AM
I think the first is OK but not keen on the rest. not sure why, but i’m not keen on strips with the badge and manufacture being centre aligned.

I'm the same, just don't like it. We did it on an LCS purple away top around 2002, can't think of any others since then.

.Sean.
05-05-2021, 08:00 AM
I'm the same, just don't like it. We did it on an LCS purple away top around 2002, can't think of any others since then.
LCS home and yellow away 03/04 and last LCS kits 09/10, home, white away and black 3rd

nonshinyfinish
05-05-2021, 08:04 AM
LCS home and yellow away 03/04 and last LCS kits 09/10, home, white away and black 3rd

I've obviously repressed all of those.

Was 09/10 the one where the badge was central but the LCS logo wasn't? Still don't like that arrangement, but it's less bad than having everything central.

.Sean.
05-05-2021, 08:10 AM
I've obviously repressed all of those.

Was 09/10 the one where the badge was central but the LCS logo wasn't? Still don't like that arrangement, but it's less bad than having everything central.
Yep, it was on the shoulder I’m sure. The earlier ones, worn against Livi in the CIS final, had the LCS logo on the sleeves

tamig
05-05-2021, 09:15 AM

Not for me thanks.

MC-Hibby
05-05-2021, 09:47 AM
Have i missed something? Has it been officially confirmed that Joma will make next seasons kits or is this hear say/ overheard in Greggs or My auld man knows the guy that works in the shop kinda of info leaks? Was hoping for Umbro or perhaps Under Armour as I really rate their stuff.

Brightside
05-05-2021, 09:58 AM
Have i missed something? Has it been officially confirmed that Joma will make next seasons kits or is this hear say/ overheard in Greggs or My auld man knows the guy that works in the shop kinda of info leaks? Was hoping for Umbro or perhaps Under Armour as I really rate their stuff.

Nothing confirmed yet.

04Sauzee
05-05-2021, 10:04 AM
Pretty sure I read somewhere that under armour are coming out of the football kits game?

Anthony Soprano
05-05-2021, 10:53 AM
Joma could be an interesting shout. Personally would go for Kappa, done some nice strips in Italy and Spain and think they could do a brilliant job of a Hibs strip.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/09/kappa-2020-21-replica-vs-authentic-kits.html

SteveHFC
05-05-2021, 11:37 AM
Joma could be an interesting shout. Personally would go for Kappa, done some nice strips in Italy and Spain and think they could do a brilliant job of a Hibs strip.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/09/kappa-2020-21-replica-vs-authentic-kits.html
https://www.prodirectsoccer.com/ProductImages/Main/228784_Main_Thumb_0789864.jpg?impolicy=thumb&imwidth=512

:hyper

1van Sprou7e
05-05-2021, 12:01 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/soccer/manchestercity/.amp/news/leaked-man-city-2021-2022-third-kit

Puma are really doubling down on their awful text across the chest idea. The Italy away kit, the above monstrosity and there is a similar one doing the rounds for Dortmund.

There's surely no way that's a real third kit, maybe a training top

I actually like the italy one though I must admit, but again it works better as a training kit

StevesFamau5
05-05-2021, 10:38 PM
Pretty sure I read somewhere that under armour are coming out of the football kits game?It wouldn't surprise me to be honest. They are more performance wear than replica. I have more Under Armour base layers than any other brand.

TelaStella
05-05-2021, 11:42 PM
https://www.prodirectsoccer.com/ProductImages/Main/228784_Main_Thumb_0789864.jpg?impolicy=thumb&imwidth=512

:hyper

I don’t really get this seeing as we don’t play in stripes?

04Sauzee
10-05-2021, 08:39 PM
Not Hibs strip related but chat amongst Aberdeen fans that this could be their kits for a next season. This is from the Aberdeen forums.
https://i.ibb.co/px7J9Gf/Screenshot-2021-05-10-21-35-59-11.jpg (https://ibb.co/2y9gfmv)
free image host (https://imgbb.com/)

keep the faith
10-05-2021, 08:51 PM
Not Hibs strip related but chat amongst Aberdeen fans that this could be their kits for a next season. This is from the Aberdeen forums.
https://i.ibb.co/px7J9Gf/Screenshot-2021-05-10-21-35-59-11.jpg (https://ibb.co/2y9gfmv)
free image host (https://imgbb.com/)

I don't see why so many crave adidas. Corporate, uninspiring templates.

Hibee Mac
10-05-2021, 09:00 PM
That away strip is pretty smart

AliboyFC
11-05-2021, 11:18 PM

Hope we get umbro.

SteveHFC
11-05-2021, 11:50 PM
Hope we get umbro.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PjJ00aSPd0o/YJp02CeoFCI/AAAAAAAAE7g/Dzu1RbIKWbgX7Z2rUXJ7xdrFCb1tLQHdgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/chapecoensereal-4.jpg

An away kit like this would break record sales.

Vault Boy
12-05-2021, 12:05 AM

Shame that Macron release their kit customising app just as we're meant to be leaving them. 😢

Hibbyradge
12-05-2021, 05:17 AM
I don’t really get this seeing as we don’t play in stripes?

https://images.app.goo.gl/MLAnUWrBA3TSJ91D6

StevesFamau5
12-05-2021, 07:12 AM
I don't see why so many crave adidas. Corporate, uninspiring templates.Too many people living in the past. The adidas kit from the early 90s is a beauty but adidas will never give us something like that.

Even the lesser greens are getting template crap and more often those awful templates with the crap collar.

If we want original or unique we need to go bespoke. Otherwise we will have to accept templates from the big brands at ridiculous prices.

EI255
12-05-2021, 07:43 AM
I don't see why so many crave adidas. Corporate, uninspiring templates.Yip. They are dull and uninspiring.
They USED to look cool. Not now.

Gonna be sad to see the end of Macron tbh (if that's the case). Their kits have been real quality and class. One or two have become timeless too.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

BlackSheep
12-05-2021, 07:48 AM
https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/05/chapecoense-21-22-home-away-goalkeeper.html?m=1

This is why we need Umbro…. This away template would sell like hot cakes, just tweak the pattern in the sleeves and you’re golden!

Jones28
12-05-2021, 08:07 AM
https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/05/chapecoense-21-22-home-away-goalkeeper.html?m=1

This is why we need Umbro…. This away template would sell like hot cakes, just tweak the pattern in the sleeves and you’re golden!

The sleeves with harp/ship/castle instead of the Umbro logo would look class.

HibbyDave
12-05-2021, 09:50 AM
Bit off topic but huge thanks to Neil in club shop for sorting an issue/refund for me concerning the yellow strip!

Greenio
12-05-2021, 02:29 PM

Those are exactly the direction I'd like to see Hibs go. Just modern in their look and feel and something different and fresh in the design.

How much do the sponsors ruin a good top eh

Interesting to see the changes over the years

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Hibernian/hibernian.htm

AliboyFC
12-05-2021, 02:52 PM
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PjJ00aSPd0o/YJp02CeoFCI/AAAAAAAAE7g/Dzu1RbIKWbgX7Z2rUXJ7xdrFCb1tLQHdgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/chapecoensereal-4.jpg

An away kit like this would break record sales.

Looks so nice.