PDA

View Full Version : Gordon "Tosh" McIntosh

Hibeewilly
26-02-2021, 09:25 AM
Gordon sadly passed away in the early hours of this morning peacefully with his family by his side. A great Hibee (his middle name was Smith !!) he enjoyed coming to Easter Road and having a libation in the Hibs Club before the games with his mates. Many of you will know him from playing in his band in the Dockers Club and also for a spell at the Hibs Club a few years back. My condolences and thoughts are with Margaret Kirsty Lee and his family at this extremely sad time. RIP pal

MrSmith
26-02-2021, 09:46 AM
Gordon sadly passed away in the early hours of this morning peacefully with his family by his side. A great Hibee (his middle name was Smith !!) he enjoyed coming to Easter Road and having a libation in the Hibs Club before the games with his mates. Many of you will know him from playing in his band in the Dockers Club and also for a spell at the Hibs Club a few years back. My condolences and thoughts are with Margaret Kirsty Lee and his family at this extremely sad time. RIP pal

guitarist Tosh from fags n matches?

matty_f
26-02-2021, 09:49 AM
Sad news, RIP.

Hibeewilly
26-02-2021, 10:03 AM
guitarist Tosh from fags n matches?No Tosh was in Bilbo Baggins or Bilbo as they're called now Front Page News, Brand New and Afterglow

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

Keith_M
26-02-2021, 10:14 AM
Sorry to hear that. It's always sad when one of your friends passes away, so please accept my condolences.

RIP Gordon.

H18S NX
26-02-2021, 10:45 AM
I grew up with "Tosh" in clermiston,he was a great guy,used to play in the resident band in the Hibs club(not fags n matches).Always played "Radio ga-ga when i was the club which i requested,was in the band "BILBO BAGGINS".RIP my friend,condolences to his family and friends.So very sad.

scuttle
26-02-2021, 11:05 AM
R.I.P Gordon

CMurdoch
26-02-2021, 11:58 AM
No Tosh was in Bilbo Baggins or Bilbo as they're called now Front Page News, Brand New and Afterglow

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

Gordon was guitarist in Bilbo along with Hearts supporting singer Colin Chisholm.

Folk are getting him mixed up with the keyboard player in Fags n Matches, Graeme Tosh who died 4 months ago

RIP and condolences to both families and friends

Hibeewilly
26-02-2021, 12:33 PM
Gordon was guitarist in Bilbo along with Hearts supporting singer Colin Chisholm.

Folk are getting him mixed up with the keyboard player in Fags n Matches, Graeme Tosh who died 4 months ago

Spot on CM

Mick O'Rourke
26-02-2021, 02:14 PM
Saddened and shocked to read this.
An old pal from growing up in Clerry.
Condolences to Gordon's loved ones.

Last saw him before this crisis, when he played The Clerry Inn.
When we met up ,we always said "Bilbo Rules!!
My late brother Billy was their(Bilbo Baggins) roadie/driver/good friend back in the day

RIP Gordon

CropleyWasGod
26-02-2021, 03:25 PM
I grew up with "Tosh" in clermiston,he was a great guy,used to play in the resident band in the Hibs club(not fags n matches).Always played "Radio ga-ga when i was the club which i requested,was in the band "BILBO BAGGINS".RIP my friend,condolences to his family and friends.So very sad.

Where did he live in Clerrie? The name is familiar.

And what age was he?

brog
26-02-2021, 04:28 PM
Saddened and shocked to read this.
An old pal from growing up in Clerry.
Condolences to Gordon's loved ones.

Last saw him before this crisis, when he played The Clerry Inn.
When we met up ,we always said "Bilbo Rules!!
My late brother Billy was their(Bilbo Baggins) roadie/driver/good friend back in the day

RIP Gordon

I imagine Billy weighed in on some other physical duties from time to time Michael. 😁 Rip Gordon

Iggy Pope
26-02-2021, 04:38 PM

Colin Chisholm was just about the only Hearts fan that ever attended St Pats school.
The man that produced and sung Hibs Heroes too.

Just about everyone had a story or connection to Bilbo Baggins when I was a kid, sad to hear of this passing.
Rock in peace.

Hibeewilly
26-02-2021, 04:47 PM
Where did he live in Clerrie? The name is familiar.

And what age was he?
Brought up in the Medway and had his 68th birthday last month CWG

CropleyWasGod
26-02-2021, 05:11 PM
Brought up in the Medway and had his 68th birthday last month CWG

Cheers. Probably not who I'm thinking of.

RIP

gbhibby
26-02-2021, 06:07 PM
RIP Gordon. Knew him from the old days in Clery

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-02-2021, 07:54 PM
Colin Chisholm was just about the only Hearts fan that ever attended St Pats school.
The man that produced and sung Hibs Heroes too.

Whilst I know its not the thread to bring it up on, was that the fud that got Holly Willoughby to do the 5-1 pish?

Iggy Pope
26-02-2021, 07:58 PM
Whilst I know its not the thread to bring it up on, was that the fud that got Holly Willoughby to do the 5-1 pish?

No idea.

gbhibby
26-02-2021, 08:14 PM

The very same man was on the voice.

Mick O'Rourke
26-02-2021, 08:41 PM
Gordon was one of 3 musicians who hailed from Clermiston that played in Bilbo Baggins.
Brian Spence and Jimmy Devlin the other two.
In the early days of the band they did a lot of university/college gigs..
They had a good following from Clermiston.
Mainly Clerry Jungle guys and more than a few Hibbys among them.

Years later ,when Colin Chisholm did the Hibs Heroes song, a couple of Clerry Hibbys did the backing vocals.
My brother Billy being one!!
The song was written and produced by Brian Spence.(Clermiston Music)
Brian was a childhood pal of Gordon.

MrSmith
27-02-2021, 05:01 AM
It is Tosh. Got name of the band wrong. I used to work behind the bar in the Dockers Club on Saturday evenings in 90s, and once finished, would drop him home at Silverknowes around 3am. RIP Tosh.

gbhibby
27-02-2021, 01:35 PM
Gordon was one of 3 musicians who hailed from Clermiston that played in Bilbo Baggins.
Brian Spence and Jimmy Devlin the other two.
In the early days of the band they did a lot of university/college gigs..
They had a good following from Clermiston.
Mainly Clerry Jungle guys and more than a few Hibbys among them.

Years later ,when Colin Chisholm did the Hibs Heroes song, a couple of Clerry Hibbys did the backing vocals.
My brother Billy being one!!
The song was written and produced by Brian Spence.(Clermiston Music)
Brian was a childhood pal of Gordon.
Mick
A few decent musicians came out of Clerry Davey Henderson and John Robinson to name but two Must have been something in the water.
Another one taken too soon.

CropleyWasGod
27-02-2021, 01:38 PM
Mick
A few decent musicians came out of Clerry Davey Henderson and John Robinson to name but two Must have been something in the water.

Russell Burn?

Iggy Pope
28-02-2021, 04:56 PM
Mick

Russell Burn?

Fire Engines. Perfect post-punk, Clermiston has a badge of honour there.

CMurdoch
28-02-2021, 06:22 PM
Russell Burn?

Was in the bands The Fire Engines and Win with Henderson.
Henderson was also in the Nectarine No 9

CropleyWasGod
28-02-2021, 06:24 PM
The Fire Engines and Win with Henderson.

It was the Clerrie connection that I was reinforcing 😉

Iggy Pope
28-02-2021, 06:29 PM
Was in the bands The Fire Engines and Win with Henderson.

You don’t say :greengrin

CMurdoch
28-02-2021, 06:36 PM
You don’t say :greengrin

Another Edinburgh guy Ian Stoddart that was in Win with Henderson & Burn died in June.
It's been a bad twelve months for the Edinburgh music guys.
Don't know where in Edinburgh Stoddie hailed from :wink:.

Do you know this late Leith Hibee with a Nectarine No 9 connection?
Called himself a poet but mostly he was a chancer.
Here he is doing his thang for MTV in that London with a Hibs hat on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPxY4vRA5rI&ab_channel=MRSCOTTLESLIE