PDA

View Full Version : Marciano

Pages : [1] 2

Stuart93
25-02-2021, 12:40 PM
Hapoel Be’er Sheva supposedly monitoring his situation, whatever that means.

Reckon they’re ready to pounce if he doesn’t sign a new deal. Would be decent if we could get something sorted.

S4uzee
25-02-2021, 12:47 PM

Reckon they’re ready to pounce if he doesn’t sign a new deal. Would be decent if we could get something sorted.

I heard his apartment is up for sale ...

Just_Jimmy
25-02-2021, 12:48 PM
I heard his apartment is up for sale ...they're having another kid. maybe they need a bigger space? anyway I heard he could afford it cos he's just signed a pre contract at real Madrid for 10 million a week.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Souter96Mac
25-02-2021, 01:02 PM
If true, I imagine that could be difficult to turn down for Rocky. Yes he has a young family, set to get even bigger, but after a year without being able to see any family back in Israel, a move back to a big club could be enticing.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I suspect Rocky could be away.

However, I thought for sure that Newell would be away, so maybe it's not best to listen to me!

S4uzee
25-02-2021, 01:14 PM
they're having another kid. maybe they need a bigger space? anyway I heard he could afford it cos he's just signed a pre contract at real Madrid for 10 million a week.

Great reply 👍🏻

Bangkok Hibby
25-02-2021, 01:22 PM
If he goes I thank him for his time at Hibs and look forward to Macy's better all round game whilst wishing Bogdan was still here 😀

Is It On....
25-02-2021, 01:29 PM

Could also depend on his political views as HBS (as they are known) are owned by a right wing nationalist

OstKurve Hibs
25-02-2021, 02:00 PM
Could also depend on his political views as HBS (as they are known) are owned by a right wing nationalist

Money talks, see old firm

Onceinawhile
25-02-2021, 02:01 PM
If he goes I thank him for his time at Hibs and look forward to Macy's better all round game whilst wishing Bogdan was still here 😀

Mind Macey is only here til the summer too...

Could be a big year for Dabrowski.

Bangkok Hibby
25-02-2021, 02:04 PM

Indeed. Definitely don't want to start a slag Rocky thread but I'll breathe easier at corners and free kicks with a different goalkeeper.

ancient hibee
25-02-2021, 02:13 PM
Indeed. Definitely don't want to start a slag Rocky thread but I'll breathe easier at corners and free kicks with a different goalkeeper.

Have we lost a goal from a corner this season?

Bishop Hibee
25-02-2021, 02:14 PM
Best keeper since Leighton. It’ll be a sad day when he leaves. I’m sure we’ll have a list of possible replacements but we’ve seen how poor dime if these hsbe been in the past.

J-C
25-02-2021, 02:14 PM
Apart from 1 year on loan at Royal Excel Mouscron in Belgium this is the longest he and his wife have been out of Israel, it could just be he feels it's time to go back home, he's 31 now and probably got another 2-3 years left at a decent level, his thoughts will be o his future. The longer his contract drags on, the less likely I feel he'll sign, hopefully I' wrong though and if he does go I'd like us to go for the Dundee U keeper.

Hiber-nation
25-02-2021, 02:16 PM

Think you'll be in a small minority then. Marciano has been very good for us.

RoYO!
25-02-2021, 02:23 PM
Would be good to see some stats re goalkeeper distribution, his long throws are excellent and he is looking constantly to get things moving. I actually think his close skills with the ball at feet are above average too. And yes he punts the occasional ball out the park but which goalie doesnt.

Never quite signed up to the "his distribution is mince" chat

Bangkok Hibby
25-02-2021, 02:29 PM

FFS did I say we have? I just don't feel confident with his tendency to stay on his line ok?

Bangkok Hibby
25-02-2021, 02:32 PM
Would be good to see some stats re goalkeeper distribution, his long throws are excellent and he is looking constantly to get things moving. I actually think his close skills with the ball at feet are above average too. And yes he punts the occasional ball out the park but which goalie doesnt.

Never quite signed up to the "his distribution is mince" chat

Addressing your "constantly looking to get things moving" comment. I agree when he has the ball he runs to the edge of the box. Maybe start watching how often he actually finds a decent "get things moving" throw.

ancient hibee
25-02-2021, 02:37 PM
FFS did I say we have? I just don't feel confident with his tendency to stay on his line ok?

Shouldn’t be so touchy .Don’t you think it’s reasonable when someone wants a goalie better at corners to ask how many we lose at corners?However as you’re asking if it’ s ok not to feel confident about elements of his game well that’s fine by me.

greenlex
25-02-2021, 02:40 PM
FFS I read that as HIBS. Near shat myself thinking how did I miss that Ron was that way inclined.

Bangkok Hibby
25-02-2021, 02:40 PM
Shouldn’t be so touchy .Don’t you think it’s reasonable when someone wants a goalie better at corners to ask how many we lose at corners?However as you’re asking if it’ s ok not to feel confident about elements of his game well that’s fine by me.

Yes you're right of course. I'm probably just so pissed off with the whataboutery argument so common these days.

cabbageandribs1875
25-02-2021, 02:45 PM
please stay shelly :boo hoo:

and Ofir as well of course :agree:

MyJo
25-02-2021, 02:46 PM

Think that might be the context of JR's message about peoples contract situation.

There will come a point where we can't afford to wait on Marciano to sign a new deal and will need to plan for next season on the basis of him leaving, which would then lead us to use the money we are budgeting for Marciano's new contract on a contract for Macey instead.

hibbysam
25-02-2021, 02:50 PM
Yes you're right of course. I'm probably just so pissed off with the whataboutery argument so common these days.

Best keeper we could probably afford. 3rd in the clean sheets table having missed 5 games. Came out and rather confidently punched one to safety last weekend, very rarely does a keeper command his area, and rightly so. Allow the defenders to defend rather than get blocked off or caught in no mans land trying to be the hero.

S4uzee
25-02-2021, 02:55 PM

League cup semi final

Bangkok Hibby
25-02-2021, 02:57 PM
Best keeper we could probably afford. 3rd in the clean sheets table having missed 5 games. Came out and rather confidently punched one to safety last weekend, very rarely does a keeper command his area, and rightly so. Allow the defenders to defend rather than get blocked off or caught in no mans land trying to be the hero.

I'm obviously from a different era than you when keepers commanded the box and instilled the whole team with confidence. How many times recently has there been a mix up between Rocky and a defender? Even our Hibs tv commentators have said on more than one occasion "we should have heard Rocky shouting from up here"
But hey here we are doing exactly what I didnt want....arguing over how good a keeper he is. I'll repeat, I'll thank him for his time at Hibs and wish him well if he goes.

hibbysam
25-02-2021, 02:58 PM
I'm obviously from a different era than you when keepers commanded the box and instilled the whole team with confidence. How many times recently has there been a mix up between Rocky and a defender? Even our Hibs tv commentators have said on more than one occasion "we should have heard Rocky shouting from up here"
But hey here we are doing exactly what I didnt want....arguing over how good a keeper he is. I'll repeat, I'll thank him for his time at Hibs and wish him well if he goes.

You answered your own question, a different era. This isn’t that era. Balls are different, the move different, they move faster through the air, teams set up differently, more bodies are committed into the box at corners. Let the defenders defend, it’s that simple.

CB Hibs 68
25-02-2021, 03:16 PM
Find myself distinctly ambivalent about Rocky.Don’t think he is a bad keeper nor do I think he is great.I see him as being petty reliable but struggle to recall many games when he has been the difference between a win or draw.If he heads back to Israel I wish him well apart from the inevitable games he will play against Scotland..

MWHIBBIES
25-02-2021, 03:17 PM

So just any different goalkeeper?

You don't want to keep our quality, international keeper over an unknown? I know which situation has me breathing easier.

MWHIBBIES
25-02-2021, 03:20 PM
Find myself distinctly ambivalent about Rocky.Don’t think he is a bad keeper nor do I think he is great.I see him as being petty reliable but struggle to recall many games when he has been the difference between a win or draw.If he heads back to Israel I wish him well apart from the inevitable games he will play against Scotland..

This has to be a windup right? Thats his main quality. He has done that many times, especially against the old firm.

Bangkok Hibby
25-02-2021, 03:22 PM

You don't want to keep our quality, international keeper over an unknown? I know which situation has me breathing easier.

Happy for you, its all about opinions eh?

Is It On....
25-02-2021, 03:27 PM
[QUOwTE=greenlex;6476766]FFS I read that as HIBS. Near shat myself thinking how did I miss that Ron was that way inclined.[/QUOTE]

😂. I actually got a shock when I checked them out and saw they were known as HBS. Anyway, as Joe Newall said, Edinburgh is a great place to live so I hope that helps in Mr and Mrs Rocky's decision making 🙂

Since452
25-02-2021, 03:28 PM
Will mean no more of Lennon's signings will remain just over two years since he left. IF he goes.

*Forgot about Allan.

ancient hibee
25-02-2021, 03:29 PM

A handsome apology.By the way I think dealing with crosses is the worst part of his game as sometimes leaving it to a defender is the wrong choice but all round I think he’s the best we’ve had for a long time.

Is It On....
25-02-2021, 03:31 PM

I think some people forget he replaced Mark Oxley. Not having to worry about the goalkeeper is a massive positive.

MWHIBBIES
25-02-2021, 03:32 PM
Happy for you, its all about opinions eh?

I guess so, I don't really get why a new keeper is better than the quality one we have. We're putting up our best defensive numbers in years, on course to achieve group stage football for the first time ever etc. He is one thing we definitely do not want to replace. Are we actually bad a defending corners?

04Sauzee
25-02-2021, 03:38 PM
Not Hibs related but Kilmarnock have agreed a fee for Stuart Findlay from Philadelphia Union and will join up with them before their season starts in April. Killie are definitely relegation candidates.

CB Hibs 68
25-02-2021, 03:50 PM
This has to be a windup right? Thats his main quality. He has done that many times, especially against the old firm.
No windup must be my brain cells as I can’t recall Rocky being the main difference in a Hibs victory over the old firm.Care to enlighten me as happy to be proved wrong.

FifeHibs
25-02-2021, 03:55 PM
No windup must be my brain cells as I can’t recall Rocky being the main difference in a Hibs victory over the old firm.Care to enlighten me as happy to be proved wrong.

He had some outstanding save a at Ibrox in the 2-1 victory

BonnieFitbaTeam
25-02-2021, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=RoYO!;6476755]Would be good to see some stats re goalkeeper distribution, his long throws are excellent and he is looking constantly to get things moving. I actually think his close skills with the ball at feet are above average too. And yes he punts the occasional ball out the park but which goalie doesnt.

And not just goalies!

MWHIBBIES
25-02-2021, 04:08 PM

Yeah, no problem. 2-1 win at the end of 17/18 season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETYX5sWUftQ

0-0 draw the following season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfFbxEeBjmo

2-1 win at Ibrox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twQCB0VgkUk

His double save here as good as I've ever seen from a Hibs goalie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPRfZWBVIP8

Also had great games in 2-0 win over Celtic with Kamberi and Slivka goals and the 3-2 win at Ibrox just after promotion.

SChibs
25-02-2021, 04:13 PM
The ship has sailed now but we should have kept Bogdan imo. I think Siegrist from United would be a decent replacement if Rocky goes

Heisenberg
25-02-2021, 04:13 PM
Would be gutted to lose him. Best we’ve had in that position for some time.

Stokesy's on fire
25-02-2021, 04:30 PM
The ship has sailed now but we should have kept Bogdan imo. I think Siegrist from United would be a decent replacement if Rocky goes

Wouldnt rule out a Bogdan return to be honest

CB Hibs 68
25-02-2021, 04:51 PM
Yeah, no problem. 2-1 win at the end of 17/18 season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETYX5sWUftQ

0-0 draw the following season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfFbxEeBjmo

2-1 win at Ibrox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twQCB0VgkUk

His double save here as good as I've ever seen from a Hibs goalie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPRfZWBVIP8

Also had great games in 2-0 win over Celtic with Kamberi and Slivka goals and the 3-2 win at Ibrox just after promotion.
Fair play.Seeing the clips is a reminder of how good a shot stopper he can be but in most of the games highlighted I thought the results were gained collectively in which Rocky definitely played his part .I still feel he was a bit suspect in commanding his box and with the ball at his feet but that I dare say is why he is at Hibs.No doubt one of the better keepers Hibs have had In recent years but if he goes I have confidence we can get a good replacement .

Hibs90
25-02-2021, 04:53 PM
Tremendous goalkeeper who we would find extremely difficult to replace in the long term anyway.

Much rather he stayed for a crack at Europe next year then he can leave IMO.

RoYO!
25-02-2021, 04:58 PM
Addressing your "constantly looking to get things moving" comment. I agree when he has the ball he runs to the edge of the box. Maybe start watching how often he actually finds a decent "get things moving" throw.

I think it's actually a pretty decent return, or if he sees nothing on he drops back. Not necessarily his fault. Often moves the ball quickly to mcginn who is often looking for the ball and is in space. Is usually charging forward expecting rocky to pick him out.

For the record I think hes been tremendous for us. We have seen some utter guff between the sticks for us in the last couple of decades! I'd be more than happy with a keeper of his quality in goal for us for the foreseeable.. or at least until the champs league money kicks in..

Onion
25-02-2021, 05:00 PM
Good keeper, hope we can hang onto him.

davhibby
25-02-2021, 05:47 PM

Bogdan would have been an expensive option to sit on the bench this season when we needed to make some savings.

I’m a bit more hopeful of Ofir staying now that Lennon has left Celtic, I think Lennon would’ve been interested

The Wireless
25-02-2021, 06:01 PM
Aye right, if you say so.

Hibee Mac
25-02-2021, 06:17 PM
Rocky is probably the best keeper we've had in my time watching Hibs. Like someone said earlier, you compare him to the likes of Mark Oxley then it's night and day.

Anyone who thinks we can expect to bring another keeper in of his standard is kidding themselves on.

Pretty Boy
25-02-2021, 06:27 PM
On the whole Rocky has been superb for us. It's easy to pick holes in any players games but he's been generally solid and assured throughout his time here, particularly when he has competition.

Thinking through the goalkeepers I can really remember at Hibs only Leighton and perhaps Anderson have been better than him over a sustained period.

I'd be sad to see him go but I'd totally understand why the chance to return home would be hard to turn down. Equally I'd trust us to replace him adequately.

Lendo
25-02-2021, 06:39 PM

he certainly would, but sadly I feel he might be Celtic bound.

edit: in saying that, I’m forgetting Lennon’s away so maybe whoever takes over might have different plans.

hibbysam
25-02-2021, 06:53 PM
On the whole Rocky has been superb for us. It's easy to pick holes in any players games but he's been generally solid and assured throughout his time here, particularly when he has competition.

Thinking through the goalkeepers I can really remember at Hibs only Leighton and perhaps Anderson have been better than him over a sustained period.

I'd be sad to see him go but I'd totally understand why the chance to return home would be hard to turn down. Equally I'd trust us to replace him adequately.

Anderson wasn’t at Rocky’s level for me. Been over it before but his legacy lives off that Rangers semi which was superb, his career was fairly drab though. Rocky has done it over a prolonged period for us, and is an ever present in his National team.

matty_f
25-02-2021, 07:02 PM
Anderson wasn’t at Rocky’s level for me. Been over it before but his legacy lives off that Rangers semi which was superb, his career was fairly drab though. Rocky has done it over a prolonged period for us, and is an ever present in his National team.

I agree. Marciano is much better than Anderson, imho.

Hunts
25-02-2021, 07:12 PM
As a former keeper and sometimes critical of his command of the box I now see one of the best (consistent) keepers we have had. Takes time for another to build the understanding with a defence.

cabbageandribs1875
25-02-2021, 07:19 PM
Will mean no more of Lennon's signings will remain just over two years since he left. IF he goes.

*Forgot about Allan.

Leeann dempster signing :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
25-02-2021, 07:21 PM
Wouldnt rule out a Bogdan return to be honest

Is that just an opinion or based on something more ?

Stonewall
25-02-2021, 07:25 PM
they're having another kid. maybe they need a bigger space? anyway I heard he could afford it cos he's just signed a pre contract at real Madrid for 10 million a week.

Keen to play in the same team as Benji apparently.

The dalmeny
25-02-2021, 07:32 PM
Apart from 1 year on loan at Royal Excel Mouscron in Belgium this is the longest he and his wife have been out of Israel, it could just be he feels it's time to go back home, he's 31 now and probably got another 2-3 years left at a decent level, his thoughts will be o his future. The longer his contract drags on, the less likely I feel he'll sign, hopefully I' wrong though and if he does go I'd like us to go for the Dundee U keeper.

there was chat of him going to the Bundeslige over Christmas

Billy Whizz
25-02-2021, 07:33 PM
Leeann dempster signing :wink:

She signed Kamberi

Greenio
25-02-2021, 07:53 PM
Love him.

Superb keeper.

Is his wife Israeli too?

loanheadhibby
25-02-2021, 07:57 PM

1st goal in cup semi v St Johnstone

Pretty Boy
25-02-2021, 08:13 PM

I can't speak for others but I remember far more of Anderson than one semi final. He was superb in the O'Connor game v Hearts and largely kept us in games towards the end of that season when the wheels came off. He was also capped for and in Sweden squads when Magnus Hedman was playing Premier League football and Mattias Asper was the main man at AIK.

Maybe my memories of him are skewed by the fact we replaced him with Simon Brown then Zibi..... However I remember him as a very, very good goalkeeper. If pushed I would say Rocky is better but it's not a massive gulf in quality imo.

Glass half full
25-02-2021, 08:59 PM
Goram was the keeper when I started going regularly. Best keeper I've seen at Hibs.

Leighton aside - who I thought was past it when he signed, he wasn't, he was brilliant! - Rocky is the best I've seen who has played over a number of seasons. Makes big saves with the odd error.

Seen some dross over the years. We'd do well to keep Rocky.

Orchard_Hibs
25-02-2021, 09:06 PM
I am glad we have had rocky, even if he leaves, he’s been a solid keeper for us but probably more importantly it has stopped people talking about Ben Williams and him being a fantastic keeper. Williams was pap.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-02-2021, 09:54 PM
What is good about Rocky is that it is accepted that he is more than decent and for long enough, the script was that we had crappy keepers and you just had to fill the name in.

CMurdoch
25-02-2021, 09:55 PM

They have a very nice new stadium and have had some good European performances in recent years.
However, they play to smaller home crowds than Hibs in an inferior league whose average crowds are half that of our league.
They beat a poor Motherwell this season but Hibs would beat them 9 times out of 10.

If Rangers win one more match in Europe our league will begin next season in 8th place in the UEFA coefficient.
Israel's league will be 21st.

21st best league in Europe is guff and well below Marciano's ability so no point leaving Europe to go home yet.
Hope we keep the big guy. We won't get better and might get a lot worse.

The 90+2
25-02-2021, 10:01 PM
What is good about Rocky is that it is accepted that he is more than decent and for long enough, the script was that we had crappy keepers and you just had to fill the name in.

Imagine him in comparison to Oxley and people defended that boy. Even Simon Brown. I think he will be off though if the virus chills.

essexhibee
25-02-2021, 10:11 PM

Not OF game but seem to remember in the championship season vs Raith I think it was at ER where he made save after save. Was almost getting silly the amount he was keeping them out.

mayo hibee
25-02-2021, 10:26 PM
Bogdan isn't first choice for Ferencvaros. Has been limited to cup games this season. We could do a lot worse than bring him back if Rocky does go in the summer. Bogdan isn't young but still has two or three good years left in him.

The 90+2
25-02-2021, 10:28 PM
Bogdan isn't first choice for Ferencvaros. Has been limited to cup games this season. We could do a lot worse than bring him back if Rocky does go in the summer. Bogdan isn't young but still has two or three good years left in him.

I think he’s the better goalie.

patlowe
25-02-2021, 10:30 PM
Reckon it will be a case of 'don't know what you've got till it's gone' with Rocky. I remember the decade or so before we signed him and the seemingly neverending search for a reliable man between the sticks. He's made the odd mistake (what keeper hasn't?) but they pale into insignificance when compared against the number of (truly) incredible saves and general assurance he has given us over the years IMO. Will be very sad to see him go, if that is where we are headed.

Lancs Harp
25-02-2021, 10:33 PM
I think he’s the better goalie.

Personally I'd edge it to Rocky but Bogdan is a more than decent keeper. He's 33 (I think) and he's better than rusting away as a back up keeper in Hungary. Really surprised no club in England or Scotland has been in for him particularly as he isn't getting anything like a regular game. A good few seasons left in him if he is indeed 33. He may well have gone home for personal reasons of course.

MWHIBBIES
25-02-2021, 10:52 PM
I am glad we have had rocky, even if he leaves, he’s been a solid keeper for us but probably more importantly it has stopped people talking about Ben Williams and him being a fantastic keeper. Williams was pap.

You didn't see the actual pap goalies if you think Williams was bad. Maybe if Brown, Zibi, maka, Smith, stack, brown etc didn't exist then you Could call Williams pap but he was levels above them. Very good in his first year.

CmoantheHibs
25-02-2021, 11:43 PM
Are some people really not that concerned about Rocky leaving? He has been fantastic for us. We had a nightmare with keepers before him. Rocky is very reliable and more often than not spectacular . He doesn’t often come for crosses but nor did Budgie. Every keeper has a preference and much is dependent on the defenders and the system. His distribution is decent overall but some folk have unrealistic views on what he should be able to do.Should Rocky be expected to make passes that our defence/midfield cannot make?

The Baldmans Comb
26-02-2021, 05:09 AM
Rocky leaving would be a big defensive blow as recent history has shown that this has been a real problem position at Hibs.

Partly this is due to the money Hibs can offer compared to other clubs but many times due to just really duff choices.

Game changing saves and spectacular TV saves are one thing but its much better to have solid game after game consistency in the course of a 40 plus game season.

Rocky offered and indeed provided that as did Daniel Anderson and to a lesser extent Ben Williams.

The rest of the cast and there were loads didn't even come close.

Orchard_Hibs
26-02-2021, 05:43 AM
You didn't see the actual pap goalies if you think Williams was bad. Maybe if Brown, Zibi, maka, Smith, stack, brown etc didn't exist then you Could call Williams pap but he was levels above them. Very good in his first year.

Budgie, Leighton, Anderson, Rocky it’s quicker to name the good goalies I’ve seen than the bad.

I know Williams wasn’t quite as bad but he was never as good as he’s remembered and he definitely doesn’t make the good list

JimBHibees
26-02-2021, 05:52 AM
Not OF game but seem to remember in the championship season vs Raith I think it was at ER where he made save after save. Was almost getting silly the amount he was keeping them out.

Think it may have been Dunfermline he was sensational. Think he has been an excellent goalie for us and will be a loss. Can remember a draw at home v Celtic when he had loads of saves near the end. Still hopeful he will stay but can understand if he wanted to move home given his young family.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-02-2021, 05:59 AM
Think it may have been Dunfermline he was sensational. Think he has been an excellent goalie for us and will be a loss. Can R.E.M. er a draw at home v Celtic when he had loads of saves near the end. Still hopeful he will stay but can understand if he wanted to move home given his young family.

That’s a cracker of a predictive text malfunction :) making up words with random US indie band references :)

JimBHibees
26-02-2021, 06:09 AM
That’s a cracker of a predictive text malfunction :) making up words with random US indie band references :)

:faf: thought predictive text was supposed to help. :greengrin

seanshow
26-02-2021, 06:34 AM

It will be a bad day if Ofir leaves, great goalie.

lucky
26-02-2021, 06:51 AM
He’s a decent keeper and has done fine with Hibs. But JR has made it clear, there will come a time when the contract offer is withdrawn. He either wants to be at Hibs or not, I’m not that fussed either way. I don’t blame him for wanting as big a pay day as he can get but next seasons contracts may not be as big as players think. The world will still be in serious economic meltdown and football will not be immune.

Greenbeard
26-02-2021, 08:00 AM
He’s a decent keeper and has done fine with Hibs. But JR has made it clear, there will come a time when the contract offer is withdrawn. He either wants to be at Hibs or not, I’m not that fussed either way. I don’t blame him for wanting as big a pay day as he can get but next seasons contracts may not be as big as players think. The world will still be in serious economic meltdown and football will not be immune.
I think you are undervaluing him a bit. He's a very decent keeper (at this level) and has done more than fine with Hibs. Having said that he does still give me the heebie-jeebies sometimes with the ball at his feet, albeit a tad less so this season, and I am never overflowing with confidence when the opposition have a corner. Bogdan sneaks it for me on these two fronts, but Rocky is the better reactive shot stopper. I presume that given his ongoing procrastination, Hibs will already have given thought to a replacement. Bogdan would do nicely for a couple of seasons. Mind you, that absolute fud MacGregor is still on form at 39. Dabrowski was getting VG reviews at Dumbarton. If we end up securing 3rd place mathematically before the last match (or two), and we cannot catch 2nd, I'd like to see what he's made of.

Brightside
26-02-2021, 08:02 AM

I've slept through a few Hibs games.

Vault Boy
26-02-2021, 08:23 AM
Rocky is the best keeper I've ever seen at Hibs, it will be a sad day when/if he moves on.

I wouldn't begrudge him a move to his homeland, or indeed to any team that might double or treble his wage - he's given us a number of outstanding years.

ian cruise
26-02-2021, 09:54 AM
Rocky is the best keeper I've ever seen at Hibs, it will be a sad day when/if he moves on.

I wouldn't begrudge him a move to his homeland, or indeed to any team that might double or treble his wage - he's given us a number of outstanding years.

I agree in my time watching Hibs as a supporter (from the McLeish era) he's probably the best keeper we've had and I'll be sad to see him go. I will add that our goal keeper recruitment has been pretty good of late, with even the guys being brought in as back up probably far superior to our previous first pick pre-Rocky. While I'll be sad if he goes I'm fairly confident we'll be able to replace him with someone good.

Anthony Soprano
26-02-2021, 12:56 PM
Be'er sheva seem to be a fairly big club in Israel but honestly thought he would of been more ambitious. Don't know what the money is like over there but in terms of football ambition is a backwards/sideways step IMO, of course there are other factors at play now, he will be homesick after covid.

Best keeper I have seen in my 20 years watching Hibs and it's not even close. (Apart from Bogdan who I liked also.)

Would make him highest earner if it's down to money.

CMurdoch
26-02-2021, 01:07 PM
Be'er sheva seem to be a fairly big club in Israel but honestly thought he would of been more ambitious. Don't know what the money is like over there but in terms of football ambition is a backwards/sideways step IMO, of course there are other factors at play now, he will be homesick after covid.

Best keeper I have seen in my 20 years watching Hibs and it's not even close. (Apart from Bogdan who I liked also.)

I think Rocky is worth pushing the boat out for.
Bogdan has barely played a game since his concussion injury at Hibs and I would be concerned at bringing him back for that reason. He was very good until that injury but non existent since.
Macey looked good in the games he has played but we haven't seen enough of him.
Marciano is a much better bet. We know what we are getting and can live with his minor weaknesses whilst benefiting from his many strengths.

basehibby
26-02-2021, 01:26 PM
In his first season at Hibs distribution was a real weakness for Rocky but he has clearly worked on it and has come on leaps and bounds in that respect such that it is really not a problem at all now. His real strength is shot stopping - probably THE most important attribute for any goalkeeper - and he has been consistently fantastic in that respect, saving us points on a regular basis throughout his Hibs career.

Replacing him with equivalent quality, while not impossible, would certainly be no easy task and I would be delighted if he decides to extend his stay some more.

J-C
26-02-2021, 01:46 PM

Did it maybe occur to you that he may want to return home after playing the the last 5 years away from home, maybe he feels it's time to return, he'll be 32 next birthday and will be looking at retiring in the net 2-3 years.

Peevemor
26-02-2021, 02:06 PM
... he'll be 32 next birthday and will be looking at retiring in the net 2-3 years.

He won't have far to walk then.

Centre Hawf
26-02-2021, 03:09 PM
Like others who have been watching since the McLeish era Rocky is head and shoulder above anything I've seen play for us. Does he have a few weaknesses? Yeah but every keeper at this level will do.

I would be delighted to keep him and even at 31 I'd be happy to offer him a 4 year deal and keep him here and settled.

CMurdoch
26-02-2021, 03:16 PM
Did it maybe occur to you that he may want to return home after playing the the last 5 years away from home, maybe he feels it's time to return, he'll be 32 next birthday and will be looking at retiring in the net 2-3 years.

31 for a goalkeeper is nothing. Lives a clean life so could easily have 6 more seasons at our level after this one.
Would happily offer him a 4 year deal.

JohnMcM
26-02-2021, 03:24 PM
Rocky,
Read this thread. See how much we think of you. Then sign. Oh, by the way, take Jackson into the office with you. Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

Glass half full
26-02-2021, 03:50 PM
31/32 is still young for a keeper.

Leighton was a few years older than that when he signed for us then got back into the Scotland squad.

We'd get another 4 good years (at least) from Rocky

Pretty Boy
26-02-2021, 05:34 PM
My mind may be playing tricks on me but was there not a suggestion that when Rocky initially joined us, a loan deal iirc, that part of the motivation was to put himself in the shop window for English clubs?

Maybe he has realised that isn't happening now and feels that with a young child and another on the way that now is the time to head home and build a life there. I'm sure he isn't the only person to want to be settled in a 'forever home' to allow continuity of education for their children.

Highwayman
08-03-2021, 11:03 AM
Latest report I saw on Marciano is he fancies his chances in the English Premier League.
I have never been optimistic that he would sign a new deal and it now seems more and more unlikely.
He is also quoted as saying that he wants to currently concentrate on his game and make up is mind in the summer.
That might suit him,but it is not helpful to Hibs.
We are now in the latter stages of the season and if he is going Hibs now need to look for a replacement.
I will leave others to nominate their candidates.
I have one question however.If it still considered that Dabrowski is not ready to step up when will he be ready ?

Clarence
08-03-2021, 11:09 AM
Feels like he’ll be away but will go with best wishes. He’s been a good player for the club and conducted himself well. If he has the opportunity to make a good wedge in the last few years of his career then that’s fair enough.

badabing67
08-03-2021, 11:14 AM
Latest report I saw on Marciano is he fancies his chances in the English Premier League.
I have never been optimistic that he would sign a new deal and it now seems more and more unlikely.
He is also quoted as saying that he wants to currently concentrate on his game and make up is mind in the summer.
We are now in the latter stages of the season and if he is going Hibs now need to look for a replacement.
I have one question however.If it still considered that Dabrowski is not ready to step up when will he be ready ?

It looks more likely that not that he will leave us in the summer if you read the article below. I agree its not helpful to Hibs but the Club will hopefully know more than what is in the public domain.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/ofir-marciano-breaks-silence-on-hibs-future-as-he-hints-at-summer-exit-amid-premier-league-claim-3157674

Looks like Celtic are keeping an eye on is situation. But I have to say I think Rocky has been a great keeper for us since he arrived and I can only wish him the best what ever he decides. If we still had Bogdan on the books this would not be the issue it could be. I have not seen enough of Macy or Dabrowski to have an informed opinion.

easty
08-03-2021, 11:15 AM

I'd love to keep Rocky, but it does look likely he's off. I doubt it'll be to the EPL though, he's good, but I'm not sure he's that good.

I don't see Dabrowski being the replacement. If he was viewed as a potential replacement here then we'd have used him at some point. We don't.

Hibee Mac
08-03-2021, 11:25 AM
As said above I'm sure the club will know with a bit more certainty what's going to happen.

I wouldn't grudge rocky leaving at all, he's been great for us and I'd love to keep him but he would go with my best wishes.

Seigrest from Utd has been touted a bit this season, I'm also not sure what Bogdans situation is but I'd take him back too (although not sure if he fully recovered from his head knock, hope he's back to full fitness again).

wookie70
08-03-2021, 11:28 AM
He has been a good keeper but one of his qualities was those wonder saves. That seems to have deserted him and I thought he may have done better with Saint's winner and quite a few other recent goals. He is poor commanding his area and his kicking is very poor and not improving. I would hope we could find a suitable replacement.

Vault Boy
08-03-2021, 11:33 AM
Best keeper I've seen at Hibs and I wouldn't begrudge him a move at all. He's definitely good enough to play a backup role in the Premier League, if that's what he wants.

Also mentioned in his interview that he's very happy at Hibs, so if he doesn't get a tempting offer in England, I wouldn't be surprised if he stays.

Crab apple
08-03-2021, 11:43 AM
As said above I'm sure the club will know with a bit more certainty what's going to happen.

I wouldn't grudge rocky leaving at all, he's been great for us and I'd love to keep him but he would go with my best wishes.

Seigrest from Utd has been touted a bit this season, I'm also not sure what Bogdans situation is but I'd take him back too (although not sure if he fully recovered from his head knock, hope he's back to full fitness again).

Seigrist has looked good whenever I’ve seen him play. He’s under contract until May 2022 and so would command a fee.

jacomo
08-03-2021, 12:04 PM
It looks more likely that not that he will leave us in the summer if you read the article below. I agree its not helpful to Hibs but the Club will hopefully know more than what is in the public domain.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/ofir-marciano-breaks-silence-on-hibs-future-as-he-hints-at-summer-exit-amid-premier-league-claim-3157674

Looks like Celtic are keeping an eye on is situation. But I have to say I think Rocky has been a great keeper for us since he arrived and I can only wish him the best what ever he decides. If we still had Bogdan on the books this would not be the issue it could be. I have not seen enough of Macy or Dabrowski to have an informed opinion.

No doubt Rocky would love a move to Celtc because his family are happily settled in Edinburgh.

hibbysam
08-03-2021, 12:05 PM
Quite easily the best keeper I’ve seen (from memory) of watching Hibs. He has slight flaws in his game but overall a very good keeper. First and foremost from a keeper I want a shot stopper, that’s their job, and Rocky is easily one of the best in the league and his stats back that up. His kicking isn’t anywhere near as bad as some suggest, he’s got rid of his sluggish/laid back attitude with the ball at his feet, and our defence know where they stand in relation to crosses into the box - he’ll come for those he’s certain are his, he’ll leave any which have a doubt and the defence know that. I’d hope he’d go elsewhere but with Celtic desperate for a keeper it wouldn’t surprise me should he end up there.

badabing67
08-03-2021, 12:07 PM

Previously Posted by Mayo Hibee

"Bogdan isn't first choice for Ferencvaros. Has been limited to cup games this season. We could do a lot worse than bring him back if Rocky does go in the summer. Bogdan isn't young but still has two or three good years left in him."

There is no Expiry Date listed on TransferMarkt for Adam Bogdan's contract so he might be available at the end of the season. Hope so he would be a good signing if we could get him.

MyJo
08-03-2021, 12:08 PM
As much as a like Rocky and he is a good keeper for us he isn't going to end up in the EPL. Doesn't mean that he won't get a move that will be much better for him financially than signing a new contract with us and if that's his decision then so be it. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

Can't really complain when he has given us 5 good years of service, especially in the current climate where we have players itching for a transfer just 6 months after signing for us.

hibee-boys
08-03-2021, 12:20 PM
Great shot stopper but poor distribution and questionable command of his box. Happy if he stays but wouldn’t be breaking the bank to keep him either. Can I suggest that we value him more given the comparisons to some of the goalkeeping dross served up prior to his arrival?

hibbysam
08-03-2021, 12:23 PM
Great shot stopper but poor distribution and questionable command of his box. Happy if he stays but wouldn’t be breaking the bank to keep him either. Can I suggest that we value him more given the comparisons to some of the goalkeeping dross served up prior to his arrival?

Nope, I value him in comparison to the rest of the league, of which he is clearly one of the best around, and the cost of replacing that.

.Sean.
08-03-2021, 12:24 PM
Nothing more than a hunch but I think he’ll sign a new deal.

Peevemor
08-03-2021, 12:27 PM
Nothing more than a hunch but I think he’ll sign a new deal.

Same here - only because he has previous for sounding like he's offski.

Diclonius
08-03-2021, 12:29 PM
If he's away will Dabrowski be ready to step up to first pick?

StockholmHibs
08-03-2021, 12:39 PM
He's been a good servant to hibs. No hard feelings if he goes.
Would be great to get Bogdan back.

By the way, does anyone know Rockies penalty save record? Im inclined to think it's atrocious.
A good penalty saver is imperative if we ever get VAR.

1875Sean
08-03-2021, 12:42 PM
I would like to see Dabrowski or Macy get a game in the cup or if we are lucky enough to have 3rd place wrapped up with like 2 games to go would be good to see if these guys can step up, love Rocky and want him to stay but it sounds like he is waiting for a better deal, he may have already signed a pre contract

Billy Whizz
08-03-2021, 01:03 PM
If he's away will Dabrowski be ready to step up to first pick?

He’s out of contact too, needs to play wherever next season

Oscar T Grouch
08-03-2021, 01:14 PM
I think Macey was brought in with a thought towards Ofir not signing a new contract. If Ofir goes, I reckon Macey will get a longer deal and become our No1. Can see Ofir going to the Championship in England. I wouldn't grudge him a move at all.

h1bs4life
08-03-2021, 01:24 PM
Rocky has been decent for us , good luck to him if he goes.
Would have preferred Bogdan to stay at the start of this season.
If he is not 1st choice back home it would be worthwhile to see if we could get him back on a 2 or 3 year deal.
He has made his money from playing down so would probably be reasonable easy to deal with.

CMurdoch
08-03-2021, 01:25 PM

Re the English Premiership.
He is asked a question as to whether it is a possibility.
He can either answer saying he could do a job there or admit that there is no chance of a starting offer from the EPL.
Hence his answer.

He is out fishing for contracts and will weigh the offers up before coming to a conclusion.
He says nothing in the interview other than he is keeping is options open.
It's a whole lot of nothing.

Pretty Boy
08-03-2021, 01:44 PM
If he makes it clear privately he is off then we really need to see what we have in Macey and Dabrowski. The trouble is we are still in the hunt for 3rd and a trophy so we need to be playing our strongest known team.

CMurdoch
08-03-2021, 02:54 PM
If he makes it clear privately he is off then we really need to see what we have in Macey and Dabrowski. The trouble is we are still in the hunt for 3rd and a trophy so we need to be playing our strongest known team.

It's a delicate balance for all parties.
He has no pre contract so his future is still in the balance.
He is hoping for a big offer from elsewhere but i'm sure he will be happy to stay at Hibs if it doesn't come.
Could be the Hibs keeper for a long time to come if he doesn't 't leave this summer.

Centre Hawf
08-03-2021, 03:05 PM

As long as 3rd is alive Marciano plays. The last thing I want is for us to blow 3rd trying to work out what our back up keepers are like. The management team should have a good enough impression of them both from training to know if they're even good enough to play for Hibs.

Personally I hope he stays and we can get him tied up on a long term deal because replacing him will be a bit of a nightmare I feel.

J-C
08-03-2021, 03:14 PM
It's a delicate balance for all parties.
He has no pre contract so his future is still in the balance.
He is hoping for a big offer from elsewhere but i'm sure he will be happy to stay at Hibs if it doesn't come.
Could be the Hibs keeper for a long time to come if he doesn't 't leave this summer.

You say he'd be happy to stay, we need to know now tbh, we need to be organised for next season and can't be hanging around waiting to see what he says. Dabrowski was sent out on loan to get games but due to covid Div 1 and 2 were temporarily cancelled and he had to come back, I hear the back room team have good things to say about him but his contract is also up soon too.

Peevemor
08-03-2021, 03:16 PM
You say he'd be happy to stay, we need to know now tbh, we need to be organised for next season and can't be hanging around waiting to see what he says. Dabrowski was sent out on loan to get games but due to covid Div 1 and 2 were temporarily cancelled and he had to come back, I hear the back room team have good things to say about him but his contract is also up soon too.

Jack Ross has already said as much - that for some players, offers that have been made won't remain on the table for ever.

hibbysam
08-03-2021, 03:34 PM
As long as 3rd is alive Marciano plays. The last thing I want is for us to blow 3rd trying to work out what our back up keepers are like. The management team should have a good enough impression of them both from training to know if they're even good enough to play for Hibs.

Personally I hope he stays and we can get him tied up on a long term deal because replacing him will be a bit of a nightmare I feel.

Exactly. Our best team plays regardless of contract situations. If nothing else, he’ll be playing for a contract somewhere so trying to impress. Friendlies are for working out what else we have when they come round.

blackpoolhibs
08-03-2021, 03:40 PM
It's as if we are not being pro active here? :tee hee:

CMurdoch
08-03-2021, 03:54 PM

Having no keepers contracted for next season is an issue right enough.

The only way Hibs will get an answer out of Marciano now is a contract offer deadline.
However, Ross rightly wants to keep him so will look to keep things amicable and diplomatic.

Decision time for both Hibs and Dabrowski on his future. It's a shame his loan has been messed up but reports on his loan performances have been good.
Can't see Macey wanting to stay unless he is No.1

easty
08-03-2021, 04:05 PM
Having no keepers contracted for next season is an issue right enough.

The only way Hibs will get an answer out of Marciano now is a contract offer deadline.
Ross wants to keep him so won't be looking to hack him off so may be more diplomatic.

Decision time for both Hibs and Dabrowski on his future. It's a shame his loan has been messed up but reports on his loan performances have been good.
Can't see Macey wanting to stay unless he is No.1

Has Macey ever been a number 1? I think he'd stay.

CMurdoch
08-03-2021, 04:08 PM
Has Macey ever been a number 1? I think he'd stay.

Only whilst on loan.
If he was asked to sign as the No.1 he would stay but can't see him staying if Marciano remains.

Think the pressure on Marciano to decide on a new Hibs contract will happen once 3rd place is secured or at the end of the season whichever comes first.

truehibernian
08-03-2021, 04:27 PM
Hibs have been rather good this last few years getting in steady keepers which is miles away from the days of Yves, Brown, Smith and Malkowski.

I like Marciano, think his main positives are shot stopping and his overall frame. In the main, he is consistent and reliable. His distribution is awful however and on too many occasions he puts the backline under unnecessary pressure or kicks directly out of play. Every keeper has a weakness or two.

If he goes, he goes knowing Hibs have been good for him and vice versa. I really rated Bogdan have to say, would have loved to have retained him at the club.

Smartie
08-03-2021, 04:28 PM
Funnily enough, as much as I’ve slaughtered Hibs for their performance on Saturday and in recent weeks, I can’t remember Marciano making all that many saves.

So whilst we’re a bit uninspiring going forward, we can’t be giving that much away at the other end, aside from giving Liam Craig the freedom of Perth etc etc...

The 90+2
08-03-2021, 04:28 PM
Wonder if Bogdan would return?

Unseen work
08-03-2021, 04:31 PM
Dabrowski has always looked good when I’ve seen him, admittedly that’s not a lot.

But he’s what 22/23? If Marciano leaves he needs his chance or punted. I get keepers develop later but we can’t afford to have guys at that age not playing.

Fwiw I’m not sure Marciano would get a better club than us. Maybe better financially, but that’s another story.

For as good a keeper is he is I’d prefer if he was a better talker/communicator but I imagine if he had that and all the other stuff we could say about him he wouldn’t be with us!

Certainly wouldn’t be easy replacing him but I’d be looking to see how Macey and Dabrowski get on and if not get Kelly from Queens Park (on loan at Motherwell)

wookie70
08-03-2021, 09:52 PM
Funnily enough, as much as I’ve slaughtered Hibs for their performance on Saturday and in recent weeks, I can’t remember Marciano making all that many saves.

So whilst we’re a bit uninspiring going forward, we can’t be giving that much away at the other end, aside from giving Liam Craig the freedom of Perth etc etc...

Looking back at the shots on target against us in recent weeks confirms he hasn't made many saves. Not really made any real errors either so steady enough. I've never rated him as highly as others. I much preferred Bogdan but equally if we get someone at the level that Rocky is at that is also poor in terms of distribution that wouldn't be a disaster. With players like Doig, Cadden and Boyle a keeper who could take a cross and send us quickly on the attack with a good throw could really be an attacking weapon for us. Rocky doesn't come for many crosses and he rarely seems in much of a hurry.

hibbysam
08-03-2021, 10:15 PM
Looking back at the shots on target against us in recent weeks confirms he hasn't made many saves. Not really made any real errors either so steady enough. I've never rated him as highly as others. I much preferred Bogdan but equally if we get someone at the level that Rocky is at that is also poor in terms of distribution that wouldn't be a disaster. With players like Doig, Cadden and Boyle a keeper who could take a cross and send us quickly on the attack with a good throw could really be an attacking weapon for us. Rocky doesn't come for many crosses and he rarely seems in much of a hurry.

He’s third in the league for % of saves made. Behind only Siegrist and McGregor. I’d say that’s fairly good going. I’d doubt very much that Rocky will end up in obscurity when he leaves us like Bogdan has.

WellingtonHibby
08-03-2021, 11:08 PM
Wonder if Bogdan would return?

Would he satisfy the new/upcoming Brexit Work Visa Criteria?
#allverycomplex

CMurdoch
08-03-2021, 11:15 PM
Dabrowski has always looked good when I’ve seen him, admittedly that’s not a lot.

But he’s what 22/23? If Marciano leaves he needs his chance or punted. I get keepers develop later but we can’t afford to have guys at that age not playing.

Fwiw I’m not sure Marciano would get a better club than us. Maybe better financially, but that’s another story.

For as good a keeper is he is I’d prefer if he was a better talker/communicator but I imagine if he had that and all the other stuff we could say about him he wouldn’t be with us!

Certainly wouldn’t be easy replacing him but I’d be looking to see how Macey and Dabrowski get on and if not get Kelly from Queens Park (on loan at Motherwell)

Kelly is a good keeper. Only problem is he is contracted to QPR for another 2 seasons after this one.

lucky
09-03-2021, 07:34 AM
Hibs do need to put a deadline on his contract offer but I’m not sure it would change much as he’s clearly wanting a move. He’s a decent keeper and done fine with Hibs but I’m not sure he’s destined for much better than Hibs or Scottish Premiership.

BlackSheep
09-03-2021, 08:25 AM
I think we should be giving Macey or Dabrowski a go right now.... DOn't get me wrong i think Rocky is a good keeper, but i think a lot of our goals have been down to factors caused by his weaknesses.

Perhaps Ross will wait and see if we can secure 3rd before tinkering... but if Rocky is potentially away then lets see what we have before we go looking for someone new.

lord bunberry
09-03-2021, 08:37 AM
If he does go I’d give the gloves to Dabrowski. I think he’s good enough and he’s not a young laddie anymore.

Greenbeard
09-03-2021, 08:37 AM
He’s third in the league for % of saves made. Behind only Siegrist and McGregor. I’d say that’s fairly good going. I’d doubt very much that Rocky will end up in obscurity when he leaves us like Bogdan has.
Surprised Lewis isn't up there in the stats, or getting a mention, but I see he is contracted to the Sheep until 2024 by when he will be 35/36.
Said before that Dabrowski needs to be tested as soon as our remaining fixtures become dead rubbers. Had wondered too about the Cup but given our last two results and with QoS on a roll, that would no longer be wise.

Stokesy's on fire
09-03-2021, 09:46 AM
Holding on to Marciano should be one of the clubs top priorities. I hope the club push the boat out to try and keep him because as we know Goalkeepers and Hibs have often been aa touchy subject but with Rocky about everyone is happy. Come on Ron Gordon get this sorted so we can close out this concern

The Wireless
09-03-2021, 09:52 AM

I agree 100% with this post. Rocky has been good for Hibs and a success. Easily 1 of our better keepers in the last 30 years and now is not the time to hope we have a better one in Macy who may well replace him over time however short term will keep our Israeli international on his toes. :flag:

scoopyboy
09-03-2021, 09:53 AM
Holding on to Marciano should be one of the clubs top priorities. I hope the club push the boat out to try and keep him because as we know Goalkeepers and Hibs have often been aa touchy subject but with Rocky about everyone is happy. Come on Ron Gordon get this sorted so we can close out this concern

Hibs are trying to get him to sign but he won't commit.

We can only wait so long.

I would wait until 3rd place is won or lost and then deliver an ultimatum, sign or offer withdrawn.

He is good in my opinion but not irreplaceable and I really can't be bothered with players mucking Hibs about.

Shrekko
09-03-2021, 10:17 AM
I don’t think we should believe that because we’ve had some bad goalies in recent years that we couldn’t replace Rocky.

Like (I think) a lot of people, I think he’s generally been good for Hibs but is far from irreplaceable. Not sure that any player who has as many flaws as strengths is worth a huge contract - although I totally get why Rocky will be seeing this as a very important decision.

spike220
09-03-2021, 10:23 AM
Best keeper since Leighton. It’ll be a sad day when he leaves. I’m sure we’ll have a list of possible replacements but we’ve seen how poor dime if these hsbe been in the past.

They are both decent enough, but no Hibs GK born in the last century can hold a candle to Conrad Logan.

GordonHFC
09-03-2021, 10:56 AM
Hibs are trying to get him to sign but he won't commit.

We can only wait so long.

I would wait until 3rd place is won or lost and then deliver an ultimatum, sign or offer withdrawn.

He is good in my opinion but not irreplaceable and I really can't be bothered with players mucking Hibs about.

Wanting much more than has been offered.

Shrekko
09-03-2021, 11:11 AM

Well Hibs seem to offer enough to keep other good players happy so if he’s looking for much more than he’s been offered it sounds like he’s asking too much, and it wouldn’t be worth it IMO. Good but not that good.

Bishop Hibee
09-03-2021, 11:41 AM
They are both decent enough, but no Hibs GK born in the last century can hold a candle to Conrad Logan.

I said ‘best’ not ‘most legendary’ 💚🏆 🇳🇬

MyJo
09-03-2021, 12:09 PM
Well Hibs seem to offer enough to keep other good players happy so if he’s looking for much more than he’s been offered it sounds like he’s asking too much, and it wouldn’t be worth it IMO. Good but not that good.

:agree: We've seen since RG took over that we are willing to put money into the team when needed and the majority of our recent signings have been a cut above what we have done in the past including; getting Boyle, Newell & Doig on new contracts, Paying money for Nisbet, Magennis, Cadden and (probably) Murphy while trying to get Mcrorie as well.

I think if we needed to replace Marciano we are better equipped not to end up with numpties like we have in the past. Hopefully Macey is at that level and is our plan b for if Marciano doesn't sign. Easy enough transition just to offer him an extended deal and allow Dabrowski to compete with him for the place next season

scoopyboy
09-03-2021, 12:17 PM

That was always going to happen and you can't blame him for that as it may be his last big contract.

It can't be allowed to drag on all summer though.

Unseen work
09-03-2021, 12:27 PM
Whilst it’s good to get him signed up early, there’s no real rush imo.

It’s good to plan for next season but there’s still 7 games left of this one first.

He could be expecting a big move which doesn’t come then decides to sign.

Goalies don’t normally take as long to settle into a team as outfield players so whoever comes in will have plenty time to adjust.

Macey certainly looks like he has all the attributes you would want and has been at Arsenal for a very long time although not sure the teams he went to on loan rated him much.

There will be plenty options out there for us.

Marciano is a good keeper for Hibs but I also think Hibs are a good team for him. Like I said earlier I’m not sure he’ll get the move he thinks he will.

The goal at the weekend is a good example of a shot he should have saved imo. Admittedly it’s rare I can say that about him as his shot stopping is normally very good.

Thought he tried to be a bit to smart in how he saved it though.

Hibiza
09-03-2021, 06:09 PM
All the best if you go Rocky. I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Robbo6-2
09-03-2021, 06:28 PM
He is decent goalkeeper but no where near as good as he thinks he is.

I think we will be able to get similar for the wages he is on.

No player is bigger than the club imo and if it was me I'd give Macey the chance to prove himself.

J-C
09-03-2021, 10:03 PM
Rocky is a pretty decent keeper for our level, good shot stopper but fairly poor distribution and poor at crosses, we lose too many goals from crosses because he doesn't command his area enough, he's probably been offered a decent contract and if he doesn't want it we move on to someone else.

MWHIBBIES
10-03-2021, 04:22 AM
Rocky is a pretty decent keeper for our level, good shot stopper but fairly poor distribution and poor at crosses, we lose too many goals from crosses because he doesn't command his area enough, he's probably been offered a decent contract and if he doesn't want it we move on to someone else.
It's not just a goalie to blame for goals from crosses. Also not sure we lose anymore or less than other teams.

Dmas
10-03-2021, 05:43 AM
Rocky’s a huge loss in my opinion,it’s not as easy as some think to find a good goalkeeper for the money we pay, our record over the last decade or longer had surely proven that, some people have short memory’s, Rocky is easily our best keeper in a long long time.

Percy Vere
10-03-2021, 06:28 AM
[QUOTE=Just_Jimmy;6476657]they're having another kid. maybe they need a bigger space? anyway I heard he could afford it cos he's just signed a pre contract at real Madrid for 10 million a week.

Dunno where you get your info.
He’s signed a pre contract agreement with Premier League Liverpool for £15m a week. That’s how come he can afford a new apartment.

Hector Mudflap
10-03-2021, 08:23 PM
Thats the boat I'm in. I like him but had it been up to me at the time I would have kept Bogdan. Who gave me the pure fear initially but after settles I thought he was immense. So If Rocky goes its with my best wishes but I wouldn't be bursting the bank to keep him. Maybe the is Dabrowski's time. I hope so - Dude needs to step up and we need to see what the hypes about.

marinello59
10-03-2021, 08:34 PM
Thats the boat I'm in. I like him but had it been up to me at the time I would have kept Bogdan. Who gave me the pure fear initially but after settles I thought he was immense. So If Rocky goes its with my best wishes but I wouldn't be bursting the bank to keep him. Maybe the is Dabrowski's time. I hope so - Dude needs to step up and we need to see what the hypes about.

:agree:
I thought Bogdan was definitely the better keeper, would loved him to have stayed.

Ryan91
10-03-2021, 09:13 PM
:agree:
I thought Bogdan was definitely the better keeper, would loved him to have stayed.

When we had Bogdan he was in a great run of form for a while as Rocky was initially injured and Bogdan stepped up to the plate (after a bit of a shaky start in Europe, before being utterly immense against Asteras in Greece) eventually he got concussed one game and was out for a period of time afterwards and by the time he was fit again, Rocky had reclaimed the gloves and he went elsewhere.

basehibby
10-03-2021, 10:01 PM
I'd love Rocky to stay but he's not worth breaking the bank over.

Great shot stopper who has undoubtably saved us points on many an occasion. We are in a certain wage bracket though and there are other keepers out there who can do a job for us. So if he gets a big offer somewhere then good luck to him - if it doesn't come in for him then his loss is our gain I suppose.

easty
11-03-2021, 07:11 AM
He is decent goalkeeper but no where near as good as he thinks he is.

I think we will be able to get similar for the wages he is on.

No player is bigger than the club imo and if it was me I'd give Macey the chance to prove himself.

This seems a bit harsh to me.

How good does he think he is? I’ve never seen him do or say anything that suggests he thinks he’s brilliant. Not signing a new deal yet doesn’t mean he thinks he’s bigger than the club, it means he’s considering his options.

Rocky is a good keeper, best we’ve had for a long time, and it doesn’t look to me like he’s done anything wrong with regards to a new deal, yet. If the manager and the club are willing to let him have time, then I’ve no problem with it.

ian cruise
11-03-2021, 07:17 AM
Rocky’s a huge loss in my opinion,it’s not as easy as some think to find a good goalkeeper for the money we pay, our record over the last decade or longer had surely proven that, some people have short memory’s, Rocky is easily our best keeper in a long long time.

If you go back longer yes we have had some terrible keepers but in the last decade?

Mark Brown, Graham Stack, Ben Williams, Sean Murdoch, Mark Oxley, Marciano, Cammy Bell, Ross Laidlaw, Adam Bogdan, Chris Maxwell, Dillion Barnes and Mark Macey.

Bear in mind that some of those were cover/back up that's not a terrible list at all. Even the much maligned Mark Oxley was far superior to the decade prior (personally I don't think Oxley was that bad though we've definitely improved since). We even had a spell where people wanted Marciano replaced with the keepers who were in alongside in, including Chris Maxwell for a time.

Yes Marciano is a good keeper but he's not going to be impossible to replace. It would be good ti get it sorted soon but we don't need it done now. Even if he was to advise he was leaving we don't know what potential replacements are available yet. I'm sure the club is working5on a wishlist regardless.

jacomo
11-03-2021, 07:28 AM
This seems a bit harsh to me.

How good does he think he is? I’ve never seen him do or say anything that suggests he thinks he’s brilliant. Not signing a new deal yet doesn’t mean he thinks he’s bigger than the club, it means he’s considering his options.

Rocky is a good keeper, best we’ve had for a long time, and it doesn’t look to me like he’s done anything wrong with regards to a new deal, yet. If the manager and the club are willing to let him have time, then I’ve no problem with it.

I think it’s fair to say Rocky has a pretty high opinion of his own abilities.

And why not? He may overestimate his own quality, but a bit of arrogance is often a desirable trait in a footballer.

easty
11-03-2021, 07:48 AM
I think it’s fair to say Rocky has a pretty high opinion of his own abilities.

And why not? He may overestimate his own quality, but a bit of arrogance is often a desirable trait in a footballer.

Is that fair to say? What’s it based on?

seanshow
11-03-2021, 07:51 AM
Both Marciano and his Mrs chosen careers are time reliant, although I'm no expert on modelling :cool2:or football:greengrin
It would be great if he could sign a new deal with Hibs, but all the best to him if he gets a better Ofir elsewhere.

Good luck Big man whatever you choose :aok:

https://mobile.twitter.com/dududahan555/status/1122602715526377472
Remember this great video posted after the 1 each draw with hertz @ ER, I presume he is still using the same agent, guys had lots of success with anglo/Israeli transfers, a fair few with celtic obviously.

Perhaps his cut of the Hibs offer on the table is barely paying for his flights. :greengrin

J-C
11-03-2021, 08:41 AM

Based on his recent interview where he thinks he's good enough for the EPL.

easty
11-03-2021, 08:47 AM
Based on his recent interview where he thinks he's good enough for the EPL.

Where he’s asked if he thinks he could play there? Obviously he’s going to say yes.

Jones28
11-03-2021, 08:56 AM
He has limitations but if he didn’t he wouldnt be here. I’d love him to stay.

jacomo
11-03-2021, 09:07 AM

He quite frequently says ‘I know my worth’ or words to that effect. In interviews he does seem to be pitching for a move to a bigger club and obviously believes he can play at a higher level.

CMurdoch
11-03-2021, 10:40 AM
He quite frequently says ‘I know my worth’ or words to that effect. In interviews he does seem to be pitching for a move to a bigger club and obviously believes he can play at a higher level.

He's the Israel national team goalkeeper which is a decent profile for a move to the likes of the English Championship and as you say he is pitching for a move to a bigger club.
Nothing wrong with that especially as he has also said he needs to keep playing at his best for Hibs to have the best chance of such a move.
If it doesn't happen i'm sure he will be happy to sign a new contract at Hibs and that might work out well for us with a chance of a good sale at a later date.

04Sauzee
11-03-2021, 09:33 PM
Confirmed he's off

❌| #Hibs boss confirms departure of key player after contract talks end

https://t.co/2pdABEpclI

GreenCastle
11-03-2021, 09:40 PM
Good luck to the guy.

The Marciano family have taken to Hibs and they are always welcome back to ER. He’s pulled off some great saves and a consistent keeper has been good to have.

Curious to see who we bring in next but least it gives us time to search : approach a name on the recruitment list.

Lendo
11-03-2021, 09:43 PM
Well if he’s putting himself in the shop window until the Summer he’ll need to put in some big performances between now and then.

Vault Boy
11-03-2021, 09:47 PM
Best of luck to him, look forward to watching him do his thing for the rest of the season. Just a shame he couldn't have had his send off in front of the fans, he's been a great player for us.

MrRobot
11-03-2021, 09:48 PM
All the best to him.

It’s difficult going forward for the rest of the season as we need our strongest team out but we also need to see what the other keepers are about so might be time to play them.

MWHIBBIES
11-03-2021, 09:58 PM
Great keeper. Best of luck to him. Best I've seen here and to have him for 5 seasons was excellent.

Paul1642
11-03-2021, 09:59 PM
Best goalkeeper we have had in a very long time. Good luck to him and hope he finds a big club. He’s still the best keeper at the club and should
be number one for the rest of the season.

CMurdoch
11-03-2021, 10:02 PM
Good luck to the guy.
By the end of the season he will have given us 5 good seasons and has been a model professional in every way.

Will Hibs now sign up Macey as No.1 and Dabrowski as his back up?
Was Marciano's likelihood of leaving the reason Macey was brought here?

Sir David Gray
11-03-2021, 10:10 PM
Gutted but not surprised.

He'll be a huge loss.

St Pauli Hibee
11-03-2021, 10:12 PM
Good luck to Ofir, he has given great service to the team for a number of years now. Personally I would go for Siegrist from Dundee United, really good shot stopper & proven in the premiership. I also think he is out of contract in the summer so wouldn't be a cost involved either

The Modfather
11-03-2021, 10:13 PM
Good keeper. Would prefer him to stay but he’s replaceable. Wish him well.

CB Hibs 68
11-03-2021, 10:20 PM
Like alot of folk on this thread I wish Rocky all the best as he has been as good a keeper as Hibs have had for a while.That said it is more a reflection in my opinion of some of the poor keepers we have had on our books that elevates him to that status. I am confident we will secure the services of a good replacement and think the club will have already been anticipating this eventuality.

Smartie
11-03-2021, 10:36 PM
Respect to him for his honesty as he could have dragged it out. This way we have ample time to work out what we're going to do instead.

I was never fully convinced by him and I don't think he'd be so highly rated here if we hadn't had so many problems in that department over the years. Yes, he has a great save in him but I won't miss the kicking - which can be dreadful - and I've never fully trusted him not to make mistakes along the way.

Other clubs seem to be able to do much better with the goalkeeping position than us and it will be interesting to see what route we go down, with either of the lads already at the club or bringing someone else in.

The 90+2
11-03-2021, 10:40 PM
Dundee Utd Motherwell or St Mirrens goalie please.

Magpie
11-03-2021, 10:49 PM
Gutted. Even more gutted we can’t give him the goodbye he deserves in person. All the best Rocky, I’m sure he will having something bigger lined up.

Crab apple
11-03-2021, 10:50 PM
Good luck to Ofir, he has given great service to the team for a number of years now. Personally I would go for Siegrist from Dundee United, really good shot stopper & proven in the premiership. I also think he is out of contract in the summer so wouldn't be a cost involved either

He’s a good keeper. Under contract until summer 2022 I think.

jeffers
11-03-2021, 10:56 PM
Would have preferred him to stay, but he’s not irreplaceable. Hoping we go back for Bogdan who I thought was slightly better than Rocky.

Brightside
11-03-2021, 10:57 PM
Big Kev has the potential to be a top class keeper. Now or never for him. Hopefully we sign a seasoned pro to support him.

04Sauzee
11-03-2021, 10:59 PM
He’s a good keeper. Under contract until summer 2022 I think.

Think you are correct, think they would look for a hefty fee. The boy at Motherwell on loan from qpr looks decent, but again a bug hefty fee. Also the ex motherwell boy at Newcastle, he's not going to get a game there but again big wages and big fee.
Macey and Dabrowski look like very capable goalkeepers.

matty_f
11-03-2021, 11:00 PM
Sad to see Rocky go, he’s been first class for us, the first keeper we’ve had in years that you can genuinely say was worth several points a season for us.

Magpie
11-03-2021, 11:01 PM
Marciano’s performance in the 0-0 at home to Celtic a couple of seasons ago was one of the best goalkeeping performances I’ve ever seen.

The Spaceman
11-03-2021, 11:05 PM
Has produced some absolutely jaw-dropping saves in his time with us. He isn’t irreplaceable, but we will be hard pressed to find as consistent and long-standing a keeper as Ofir Marciano. Do not grudge him a move though and wish him all the very best with the rest of his career. Hope it’s a big club he goes to.

cabbageandribs1875
11-03-2021, 11:13 PM
gutted we're losing shelley

and ofir of course ;(

wish the family all the best

Shrekko
12-03-2021, 12:11 AM
5 years very good service from him and sure he goes with everyone’s best wishes. I do think that with our current management and owner that we have a very good chance of finding a good replacement.

FilipinoHibs
12-03-2021, 12:26 AM
Play Macey in the remaining games. Better at crosses and corners to and free kicks

OstKurve Hibs
12-03-2021, 03:37 AM
All the best rocky lad,

MWHIBBIES
12-03-2021, 04:20 AM
Play Macey in the remaining games. Better at crosses and corners to and free kicks

Is he?

Heisenberg
12-03-2021, 04:22 AM

Free kicks? Sure in one of the few games he played for us the opposition scored a free kick because he left too big a gap to one side. Marciano should and will play the remaining games, much better keeper.

Hibs90
12-03-2021, 05:03 AM

Free kicks aye?

Dazzjw1875
12-03-2021, 05:20 AM
I think the issue if you put Macey in the now he will be rusty exactly the same as he was the 2 games he played to cover and could be prone to an error. The sensible thing would be to carry on with rocky, but I think they will have the GK situation already sorted for next couple seasons

bigwheel
12-03-2021, 05:50 AM
Not sure why people are suggesting Macey should play. He’s unlikely to be first choice next season , and he’s not as good as Rocky . I expect Rocky to play , at least until we have tried to secure 3rd place ...

JimBHibees
12-03-2021, 06:20 AM
Gutted. Even more gutted we can’t give him the goodbye he deserves in person. All the best Rocky, I’m sure he will having something bigger lined up.

Yep shame we won't be able to give him the send off he deserves. Good for all he has been honest about it and hopefully we see excellent performances from him to the end of the season. Thanks Rocky you have been excellent for the club. :thumbsup:

JimBHibees
12-03-2021, 06:21 AM
Not sure why people are suggesting Macey should play. He’s unlikely to be first choice next season , and he’s not as good as Rocky . I expect Rocky to play , at least until we have tried to secure 3rd place ...

Yep need our best players playing which is a Rocky at present.

The dalmeny
12-03-2021, 06:24 AM

cant see Siegrist coming, to be harsh, not a big enough move for him. There was chat about Celtic and (more likely) Bundeslige. Think he still ambitions of international football. The only saving grace with that is to do that he’ll need to be playing

Saint Hibee
12-03-2021, 06:26 AM
#bringconradhome And, yes, I know I’m living in the past, but it’s just nicer there.

J-C
12-03-2021, 06:35 AM
Not unexpected, young Dabrowski is highly thought of but is he ready, I'd get him in goal for a few games to see where he's at, if not theres lots of decent keepers out there.

Oscar T Grouch
12-03-2021, 06:37 AM
#bringconradhome And, yes, I know I’m living in the past, but it’s just nicer there.

Conrad’s retired and is running his own coaching school but I know what you mean, that semi final performance will stay with me forever.
Gonna miss Ofir, a very decent and consistent performer for us over the years. Wish him and his family all the best.

Hiber-nation
12-03-2021, 06:42 AM

From what I've seen of Macey I disagree completely. We'll struggle to find a better keeper than Marciano.

Since90+2
12-03-2021, 06:43 AM
Not unexpected, young Dabrowski is highly thought of but is he ready, I'd get him in goal for a few games to see where he's at, if not theres lots of decent keepers out there.

We can't be putting in players just to see where they are at whilst we are still in a race for 3rd. Especially in a position as vital as your goalkeeper.

bingo70
12-03-2021, 06:46 AM
We can't be putting in players just to see where they are at whilst we are still in a race for 3rd. Especially in a position as vital as your goalkeeper.

Definitely not.

That said, if we were able to get 3rd wrapped up with a game or 2 to spare I don’t see any point in playing Marciano for any remaining games.

That’s a big IF though.

easty
12-03-2021, 06:56 AM
Sad to see him leaving, the gloves should still be his until we have 3rd place guaranteed.

I don’t see Macey as our number 1 next season, I don’t think it’ll be Dabrowski either (if he’s so highly rated whys he never been given a real chance, and why have we let his contract run down? He’ll be off in the summer id guess).

If we want to push on next season, it’s an important position to get right. Fingers crossed we can find a new Rocky.

SChibs
12-03-2021, 07:22 AM
Marciano wanting a crack at the EPL isn't as crazy as it sounds. Wes Fotheringham moved to Sheffield United in the summer. Albeit they are gonna get relegated but they had just had a very strong finish last season when they signed him.

Also was John Ruddy or Darren Randolph better for Motherwell than Marciano has been for Hibs? Both players have found themselves with game time in the EPL. I don't think Rocky is good enough to be a no.1 down there but he has the potential to be an no.2

Pretty Boy
12-03-2021, 07:29 AM
Marciano wanting a crack at the EPL isn't as crazy as it sounds. Wes Fotheringham moved to Sheffield United in the summer. Albeit they are gonna get relegated but they had just had a very strong finish last season when they signed him.

Also was John Ruddy or Darren Randolph better for Motherwell than Marciano has been for Hibs? Both players have found themselves with game time in the EPL. I don't think Rocky is good enough to be a no.1 down there but he has the potential to be an no.2

He could well pick up a decent contract down there as a 2nd or 3rd choice. The boy Gillespie who was at Motherwell got a 3 year deal at Newcastle behind Dubravka and Darlow and ended up playing a few LC games when Dubravka was injured. He's never a 1st choice EPL keeper though.

I'm sad to see him go and for the sake of continuity when we are likely to be evolving the defence it would have been good to keep him. I think people forget Rocky had a couple of spells out the team when his form dipped though, he wasn't consistently excellent throughout his time here albeit he made saves other keepers probably don't. We have generally recruited well in the goalkeeping department in recent years, even those who didn't play a lot where decent additions as back ups. I don't see any reason we won't do so again, the fact we had a few duds the best part of a decade or more ago is largely irrelevant.

FilipinoHibs
12-03-2021, 07:53 AM
From what I've seen of Macey I disagree completely. We'll struggle to find a better keeper than Marciano.

Look at the goals we have conceded this season. Many come from corners or free kicks into the box. Rocky does not command his area and sews confusion amongst his defenders. His long kick out are poor to. Great shot stopper but that is it.

J-C
12-03-2021, 08:02 AM

Definitely not.

That said, if we were able to get 3rd wrapped up with a game or 2 to spare I don’t see any point in playing Marciano for any remaining games.

That’s a big IF though.

I was meaning if we get 3rd sorted soon, we need to see where this lad is, he's 22 now and needs to be progressing with his career, at what point do we say ok on you go son.

erin go bragh
12-03-2021, 08:11 AM
Would take the boy from Dundee Utd as a replacement for Rocky .

GordonHFC
12-03-2021, 08:34 AM
Look at the goals we have conceded this season. Many come from corners or free kicks into the box. Rocky does not command his area and sews confusion amongst his defenders. His long kick out are poor to. Great shot stopper but that is it.

👍

Bangkok Hibby
12-03-2021, 08:40 AM

I've never been a fan of Rocky and stated so on here on occasion. However this isn't really the time or place to continue pointing out his shortcomings. He's going and I thank him for his service to Hibs and wish him well for the future.

Fergus52
12-03-2021, 08:40 AM
Respect to him for his honesty as he could have dragged it out. This way we have ample time to work out what we're going to do instead.

I was never fully convinced by him and I don't think he'd be so highly rated here if we hadn't had so many problems in that department over the years. Yes, he has a great save in him but I won't miss the kicking - which can be dreadful - and I've never fully trusted him not to make mistakes along the way.

Other clubs seem to be able to do much better with the goalkeeping position than us and it will be interesting to see what route we go down, with either of the lads already at the club or bringing someone else in.

Not sure about that, most of my mates that don't support either hibs or hearts have consistently seen him as the best goalkeeper outside of the old firm the past few years.

I guess the occasional wonder save that pops up on highlight reels will help that opinion though.

hibsbollah
12-03-2021, 08:44 AM
Would take the boy from Dundee Utd as a replacement for Rocky .

Most teams would, he’s been outstanding ever since he was in the championship and I wouldn’t be surprised if English championship are sniffing about.

More affordable might be Liam Kelly, had an outstanding dozen games at Mortherwell on loan from QPR, loan finishes at the end of the season. Has been talked about for an international call up, especially if Clark takes 3 keepers.

Stevie Reid
12-03-2021, 08:51 AM
Most teams would, he’s been outstanding ever since he was in the championship and I wouldn’t be surprised if English championship are sniffing about.

More affordable might be Liam Kelly, had an outstanding dozen games at Mortherwell on loan from QPR, loan finishes at the end of the season. Has been talked about for an international call up, especially if Clark takes 3 keepers.

Took the words out of my mouth with Kelly, always been impressed by him.

Good luck to Rocky, undoubtedly been good goalkeeper, despite his shortcomings. Biggest complaint for me was his number of injuries, not that that's his fault. Goes with my best wishes, been an excellent signing - especially given we were Championship when he arrived - and his five years here have been a pretty good period for the club.

Sioux
12-03-2021, 09:00 AM

This is a pile of nonsense. GKs are unable to come for corners or free kicks for the simple reason that opposition players block him from doing so.

Defenders know that so are not confused at all. It is clear that they need to get first contact on the ball in these circs.

Long gone are the days when balls into the box were merely into the box with height, giving the keeper more time to make a decision than they have nowadays.

Any ball into the box is designed to take the keeper out of the equation, the result being that he's now a crap keeper because he 'doesn't command his box'.

04Sauzee
12-03-2021, 09:02 AM
Craig MacGillvary Portsmouth No1 out of contract at the end of the season and has been in the Scotland squad under Clarke and still only 28.

No any idea if he's any good mind 😁

MrRobot
12-03-2021, 09:03 AM

Utd keeper would be a really good replacement :agree:

hibsbollah
12-03-2021, 09:11 AM

Good luck to Rocky, undoubtedly been good goalkeeper, despite his shortcomings. Biggest complaint for me was his number of injuries, not that that's his fault. Goes with my best wishes, been an excellent signing - especially given we were Championship when he arrived - and his five years here have been a pretty good period for the club.

Kelly’s strength is his distribution. Pings it about like an outfield player. If you want to play it out from the back he’s a good option. Very vocal too (and annoys the hell out of Matty F if you’ve been listening to long bangers) :greengrin

Greenbeard
12-03-2021, 09:12 AM
Not questioning Rocky's professionalism - I'd expect him to do his utmost for the remainder of the meaningful games not just as a professional doing his job but also out of loyalty to a club that has treated him well - but it is possibly in our favour that he does not yet have a new club lined up (or does he?) and is putting himself in the shop window. He will want to be on top form, or at the very least cut out the sillies. Hopefully he doesn't make an erse of things trying to show off in the shop window. Any sign of that and I'd have Macey/Dabrowski in.
As soon as (or if) we have any dead rubber games, Macey and Dabrowski get a half each.

Diclonius
12-03-2021, 09:14 AM
At least this gives us plenty of time to look for a new keeper, or assess whether Dabrowski is ready.

I hope he doesn't go to Celtic.

Peevemor
12-03-2021, 09:18 AM
I like Rocky and wish him all the best for the future.

He does have his weaknesses as a keeper however and we should be able to find a replacement who, may well have different weaknesses, but overall will be at least as good.

bingo70
12-03-2021, 09:24 AM

Ex Jambo and current currant bun Jon McLaughlin would be another option I’d have thought.

Was excellent for Ross at Sunderland (I think)

number9dream
12-03-2021, 09:25 AM
Sad to see Rocky go. He's been excellent for us.
Kelly is impressive and out of contract in the summer but Siegrist and Alnwick both have deals running until the summer of 2022 and United will be hoping to net a decent fee.
MacGillivray is a decent shout. First choice at Portsmouth for three seasons and he might fancy a move north to bolster his chances of getting back into the Scotland set-up. Marshall and Gordon can't go on for ever.

04Sauzee
12-03-2021, 09:28 AM
Sad to see Rocky go. He's been excellent for us.
Kelly is impressive and out of contract in the summer but Siegrist and Alnwick both have deals running until the summer of 2022 and United will be hoping to net a decent fee.
MacGillivray is a decent shout. First choice at Portsmouth for three seasons and he might fancy a move north to bolster his chances of getting back into the Scotland set-up. Marshall and Gordon can't go on for ever.

Kelly is contracted until 2023 unfortunately

hibsbollah
12-03-2021, 09:32 AM
Ex Jambo and current currant bun Jon McLaughlin would be another option I’d have thought.

Is he backup to mad MacGregor still?

number9dream
12-03-2021, 09:32 AM
Kelly is contracted until 2023 unfortunately

Oops. I was looking at the Motherwell section on his transfermarkt page... Well, that probably rules that out then, unless we go for a season-loan.

hibsbollah
12-03-2021, 09:35 AM
Oops. I was looking at the Motherwell section on his transfermarkt page... Well, that probably rules that out then, unless we go for a season-loan.

QPR have got this guy Dieng who is getting a lot of plaudits so they might be looking to let Kelly go.

Oscar T Grouch
12-03-2021, 09:36 AM

signed a 2 year deal with the huns in June last year, no sure we could secure him without a decent fee. Saying that the huns are looking to secure the angriest man in Scotland on a longer deal so McLaughlin may want 1st team football.

bingo70
12-03-2021, 09:41 AM
signed a 2 year deal with the huns in June last year, no sure we could secure him without a decent fee. Saying that the huns are looking to secure the angriest man in Scotland on a longer deal so McLaughlin may want 1st team football.

Yeah that’s what I think.

Huns will be looking to sign a longer term replacement before too long, I think there’s only so long a reserve keeper will be happy not playing.

He’s at an age he’ll want to be playing and I don’t think the Huns would be too hard to deal with on that front. Matching his wages would be a non starter though.

B.H.F.C
12-03-2021, 09:51 AM
Has the odd mistake in him but, over the five years he’s been here, I can’t ever remember thinking we needed to sign a new number one.

Will be hard to replace.

Lendo
12-03-2021, 09:58 AM
He might want to speak with Efe so as not to repeat his mistake of assuming he would walk in to a team down south.

Heckys Wheel
12-03-2021, 10:03 AM
Into his 30’s. One last payday. You’d have to question his sanity if he wasn’t looking for it.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him excel at a club that has a couple of strong keepers. Always felt he made mistakes when he didn’t feel under pressure to keep his place.

Stevie Reid
12-03-2021, 10:30 AM
Yeah that’s what I think.

Huns will be looking to sign a longer term replacement before too long, I think there’s only so long a reserve keeper will be happy not playing.

He’s at an age he’ll want to be playing and I don’t think the Huns would be too hard to deal with on that front. Matching his wages would be a non starter though.

McLaughlin will be 34 this year, and the SPL will be the first medal of his career, I think. I'd be more inclined to think that he'll be happy to take career high wages and likely more honours in his final years - but he would undoubtedly be an amazing signing if we could acquire him.

Spooky
12-03-2021, 11:43 AM
Craig MacGillvary Portsmouth No1 out of contract at the end of the season and has been in the Scotland squad under Clarke and still only 28.

No any idea if he's any good mind 😁

Just spoken to my Pompey mate, and he said MacGillvary has been superb.

As you say, he is out of contract.....but Pompey want him to stay.

Kenny Jackett played hardball with us over Leigh Griffiths, when at Wolves - so does it come down to how much they want to pay to keep him, with an increased contract.

Or, does MacGillvary want a new challenge - as somebody else said, to advertise his Scotland chances.

Another thought - not sure if Jackett will be around much longer, as the fans are not impressed. Recent results haven't been great?

Maybe a good time for MacGillvery to look for new ground? :dunno:

J-C
12-03-2021, 01:21 PM

Kenny Jackett played hardball with us over Leigh Griffiths, when at Wolves - so does it come down to how much they want to pay to keep him, with an increased contract.

Or, does MacGillvary want a new challenge - as somebody else said, to advertise his Scotland chances.

Another thought - not sure if Jackett will be around much longer, as the fans are not impressed. Recent results haven't been great?

So he's on a shoogly peg.

Greenbeard
12-03-2021, 01:23 PM
So he's on a shoogly peg.
:agree::greengrin

JimBHibees
12-03-2021, 01:51 PM

Good shout though will likely be on more at Ibrox as number 2.

JimBHibees
12-03-2021, 01:53 PM

Kelly is a good keeper but looks small and personally would prefer more of a presence.

04Sauzee
12-03-2021, 01:54 PM
Kelly is a good keeper but looks small and personally would prefer more of a presence.

Listed as 6'2
Think you need a bigger TV 😁

nonshinyfinish
12-03-2021, 01:55 PM
Listed as 6'2
Think you need a bigger TV 😁

The old small/far away problem.

CMurdoch
12-03-2021, 02:00 PM

Portsmouth are currently 6th in the 3rd tier which is the last of the play off places after losing their last 3 games. Hence grumpy fans. Their average home attendances in normal times are much the same as Hibs.

Gordon (38) and Marshall (36) might finish up their Scotland careers in the summer so MacGillivary and Kelly would be the front runners with McLaughlan at 33 not playing at Rangers. Both keepers are 6ft 2in.

Coming to Hibs would get MacGillivary in the Scottish public eye. At 28, he hasn't played above the 3rd tier in England and Portsmouth are by far the biggest team he has played for so if they offer him a new contract he is likely to stay.