PDA

View Full Version : Who Wants to be a Millionaire

Greenbeard
22-02-2021, 07:59 AM
Retired taxi driver from Musselburgh did brilliantly last night to pocket a cool £125,000. Would have got the £250,000 question right too had he risked it.
Sported an emerald green jumper. Ok, not everyone who wears emerald green is a Hibbie, but I wondered if he is. Anyone on here know him?
EDIT: I stand corrected on his bail out question which he would have got wrong, like most of us.

J-C
22-02-2021, 08:13 AM
I know him well, Ray Mann ex Central driver, retired about 5 years ago

calumhibee1
22-02-2021, 08:13 AM
Retired taxi driver from Musselburgh did brilliantly last night to pocket a cool £125,000. Would have got the £250,000 question right too had he risked it.
Sported an emerald green jumper. Ok, not everyone who wears emerald green is a Hibbie, but I wondered if he is. Anyone on here know him?

He would have got the 250k wrong no?

The answer was Austria and he would have said Poland?

He was great though :agree:

JimBHibees
22-02-2021, 08:15 AM

But is he a Hibee :greengrin

Done really well was a good watch though in saying that getting a question on someone he had in his cab is a little fortuitous

hibee
22-02-2021, 08:20 AM
He definitely would have got the £250k question wrong so made the right decision to pass on that one.

erin go bragh
22-02-2021, 08:20 AM

Spill the beans then 😉Hibby or not 🤷🏻*♂️

J-C
22-02-2021, 08:28 AM
Yes he's a big Hibby 😁

Keith_M
22-02-2021, 08:32 AM
So what was the question for £250k?

hibee
22-02-2021, 08:33 AM
So what was the question for £250k?

Which country shares the longest land border with Germany?

He would have said Poland but the answer was Austria.

Greenbeard
22-02-2021, 08:34 AM
He would have got the 250k wrong no?

The answer was Austria and he would have said Poland?

He was great though :agree:
Ah yes. It was the boy before him who would have got his last question right.

Greenbeard
22-02-2021, 08:37 AM

Austria longest, then The Netherlands! The two he thought it was between, as would most - France and Poland - are shorter. Very tricky question.

Keith_M
22-02-2021, 08:38 AM

I wish I'd been his phone a friend. I could have told him that

:wink:

hibee
22-02-2021, 09:16 AM
I wish I'd been his phone a friend. I could have told him that

:wink:

He’d used the lifelines by then but his reaction to his sister knowing the answer to an earlier question when he called her was fantastic, he was convinced she wouldn’t have a clue but she knew it right away.

bingo70
22-02-2021, 09:24 AM
He’d used the lifelines by then but his reaction to his sister knowing the answer to an earlier question when he called her was fantastic, he was convinced she wouldn’t have a clue but she knew it right away.

I really felt for him when he made an erse of reading out the question to his other phone a friend. Just obviously lost it for a bit and couldn’t get his composure again.

Must be so easy done in that environment, surprised you don’t see it more.

Keith_M
22-02-2021, 09:29 AM
I really felt for him when he made an erse of reading out the question to his other phone a friend. Just obviously lost it for a bit and couldn’t get his composure again.

Most of us would be a nervous wreck.

Lee Marvin
22-02-2021, 09:59 AM
I can confirm he is a lifelong Hibby. Been going to ER since 1962 and took me to my first game when I was 4 years old.

Sir David Gray
22-02-2021, 10:00 AM

I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often as well but I think that's the first time I remember seeing someone not read out the full question to their phone a friend.

The guy was great.

Monktonhall 7
22-02-2021, 11:25 AM
He’s been a member at the same golf club as me for a good while. Always let on to him and when the bar was open have had a blether with him now and again. Never until this morning did I know his name!

Hibrandenburg
22-02-2021, 11:46 AM

There's a border between Germany and Austria? :confused:

:duck:

Since452
22-02-2021, 03:10 PM
Wonder if he always wanted big screens in the corners at Easter Road...

HiBremian
22-02-2021, 03:15 PM
Reckon I'd have answered Czech Republic. But maybe that wisnae an option?

Bostonhibby
22-02-2021, 03:46 PM
There's a border between Germany and Austria? :confused:

:duck:Aye, both sides want to keep the Neo Nazis out[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Greenbeard
22-02-2021, 04:14 PM
Reckon I'd have answered Czech Republic. But maybe that wisnae an option?
It was not one of the options but look at a map and you'll see how hard a question it was. Lots of the borders look a similar length. And there are as many as nine countries with German borders! Taught me how bad my own geography knowledge is. Clockwise from the north - Denmark, Poland, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Netherlands.
But at least we've got them surrounded.

ronaldo7
22-02-2021, 04:34 PM
I can confirm he is a lifelong Hibby. Been going to ER since 1962 and took me to my first game when I was 4 years old.

Aye, but how much are you getting, K 😉

He came over and had a word in the afternoon to tell us he was on. Adam and his pal cheering when they seen him. He looked a bit upset when he missed the fastest finger the first time round.

No doubt the garden lawn will be getting an upgrade. 😂

HiBremian
22-02-2021, 04:50 PM
It was not one of the options but look at a map and you'll see how hard a question it was. Lots of the borders look a similar length. And there are as many as nine countries with German borders! Taught me how bad my own geography knowledge is. Clockwise from the north - Denmark, Poland, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Netherlands.
But at least we've got them surrounded.

Careful now, you're talking to a (thanx Brexit) German national here :greengrin

CmoantheHibs
22-02-2021, 06:16 PM
Sue him. There’s a lot of emotional trauma in there.:greengrin:greengrin

Is It On....
23-02-2021, 08:22 PM
EDIT: I stand corrected on his bail out question which he would have got wrong, like most of us.

My little boys teacher was on before him and he won £1£5k as well. No need to worry about his orange jumper as he is s Wrexham fan 😂

brog
24-02-2021, 01:30 PM
He’s been a member at the same golf club as me for a good while. Always let on to him and when the bar was open have had a blether with him now and again. Never until this morning did I know his name!

I got several messages from friends saying we all worked together with Raymond more than 40 years ago! I'm sure he'll remember me!! 😁

Diclonius
24-02-2021, 01:51 PM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/45/Rayman_1_cover.png

I'm sorry.

lord bunberry
24-02-2021, 07:02 PM
Mash from the leith bus posted a photo of him with ray earlier.