PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for next 4 games?

21-02-2021, 09:47 AM
Motherwell (H)
St Johnstone (A)
Ross County (A)
Livingston (A)

I'll say WDWD which would put us on 60 points, 1 better than we were in 2017/2018 going into the split.

The Spaceman
21-02-2021, 09:49 AM
Motherwell (H) - Win
St Johnstone (A) - Draw
Ross County (A) - Win
Livingston (A) - Draw

Think that would be enough to get Third as well, as suspect Aberdeen will lose to Celtic giving us a 7 point advantage and drop points against either Utd or Hamilton. Here’s hoping!!

Green Reaper
21-02-2021, 09:52 AM
WWDW for me, lads hopefully want to exact a bit of revenge on saintees

HendoDelivered
21-02-2021, 09:52 AM
One game at a time :aok:

DIXIHIBS
21-02-2021, 09:53 AM
Think we might lose a game somewhere in there but lets hope not. 8/9 points would keep us in a great position.

easty
21-02-2021, 09:53 AM
St Johnstone away will be the toughest game.

6 points from those games wouldn’t be terrible, but we’re capable of better.

Jim44
21-02-2021, 10:16 AM
If we avoid injuries and suspensions, why shouldn’t we get 12 points?

wookie70
21-02-2021, 10:18 AM
I'll go for 7 points. St Johnstone are on a decent run and I think they may beat us. & points will probably be enough to go into the split with a very good lead in the chase for third unlikely to be overtaken.

Greenbeard
21-02-2021, 10:19 AM
Wins vs Well and Ross Co and even take just one point from the other two games will keep us at a rate of 7 from every 4 which makes for a total that usually is enough for 3rd.
Win the game in hand and at least match the Sheep results in the other three games to reach the split with a 7-point cushion would be fantastic. But it still wouldn't allow chickens to be counted.

H18 SFR
21-02-2021, 10:21 AM
Lose to St Johnstone and win the rest. Solid 9 points.

Dashing Bob S
21-02-2021, 10:44 AM
I think we should win all those games.

Unseen work
21-02-2021, 10:49 AM
I think we will win all 4 which is something I’ve never said before or been confident of.

Motherwell - Terrible form and look poor
Ross County, St Johnstone and Livi- Were due them a gubbing after our embarrassing results and performances against them.

davy67 +
21-02-2021, 10:50 AM
Eight points would be a decent return from those games

04Sauzee
21-02-2021, 10:52 AM
Almost think if we win at home to Motherwell and away to Ross C and Aberdeen were to loose away to Celtic 3rd would be ours.

So i can now guarantee the above wont happen 😁

hibbysam
21-02-2021, 11:00 AM
We are more than capable of winning all 4, however I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a Hibs side win 8 in a row? Motherwell will be wounded next week, 7 conceded in 2 games, so wouldn’t expect it to be a wide open game. St Johnstone have lost twice in months both against the old firm, from memory I don’t think we’ve got a great record in Perth either, but that may be wrong. County are fighting for their lives but we are due a good win against them, and Livi are Livi, a fairly average side that battle hard. Would be delighted with 7+ which would probably mean going into the split >4 points clear of Aberdeen.

Souter96Mac
21-02-2021, 11:02 AM
St Johnstone are on fine form, however they have the final next weekend, and then a midweek clash before they play us in 2 weeks time. Hopefully they will be suitably knackered, physically and mentally

Wilson
21-02-2021, 11:03 AM
Think we might lose a game somewhere in there but lets hope not. 8/9 points would keep us in a great position.

WLWD

We've been in great form and maintaining that form is the challenge although I agree with the above. Even just statistically it is unrealistic to expect to win all 4.

Edit: good shout on St Johnstone. I had that down as our toughest game but they are busy with fixtures - we might be getting them at a good time.

B.H.F.C
21-02-2021, 11:08 AM
We’ll win more of them than we lose. Don’t know where we’ll drop points but we will, somewhere along the line. I’d be amazed, and delighted, if we got to the split having won 8 on the bounce.

Nicho87
21-02-2021, 11:18 AM
Would take 7 points minimum. Matching or bettering Aberdeen’s results at this stage will do ultimately

Wilson
21-02-2021, 11:20 AM
We’ll win more of them than we lose. Don’t know where we’ll drop points but we will, somewhere along the line. I’d be amazed, and delighted, if we got to the split having won 8 on the bounce.

Those four games would have seemed more of a slog a while ago. Adding Cadden and Irvine as well as Daz stepping up has changed the complexion of things a bit. I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do knowing that we have Nisbet and Porto in reserve.

CMurdoch
21-02-2021, 11:20 AM
As things stand St Johnstone are the form team below Hibs.
They beat us in the cup game predominately as a result of two headed goals from set pieces in which Porteous got underneath the ball.
Had Doidge & McGregor been playing that day it wouldn't have happened and we would probably have won the game (another poke in the eye for the what does Doidge do crew).

Probably the only game this season where Ross has made a selection error picking Nisbet ahead of Doidge. Interestingly since that game Doidge and McGregor have been ever present and we have won the last 4 games after a good display against Rangers and have not looked like conceding goals. I understand folk seeing Porteous and Nisbet on the bench as a result of the transfer issue but I think it may have come about as much due to Ross watching back the semi final.

N.B. I noticed Big Rooney scored an almost identical header against Livingston last week from a free kick taken from an almost identical position as in the semi final.
I trust our big guys can make sure he can't get his head on the ball in the next game.

They have the League Cup Final next week and then a midweek game before playing Hibs so they could be a bit jaded and with a few injuries by the time we play so an advantage for Hibs in that and a draw at worst.

B.H.F.C
21-02-2021, 11:38 AM
Those four games would have seemed more of a slog a while ago. Adding Cadden and Irvine as well as Daz stepping up has changed the complexion of things a bit. I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do knowing that we have Nisbet and Porto in reserve.

Totally agree the transfer window has made a big difference for us. But I just think we’ve had a wee bit luck in a couple of the recent games (the two early red cards in games we’ve started poorly helping turn them in our favour). That’s not me saying our position is all down to luck or anything like that, I just think something is going against us at some point. As I say, I think we’ll win more of them than we lose.

Tambo
21-02-2021, 12:13 PM
Aberdeen have Celtic away next then Hamilton at home before going to Dundee United before the split.

Next week could be massive.

superfurryhibby
21-02-2021, 12:16 PM
One game at a time :aok:

Nah, let’s enjoy the speculating. That’s what fans do.

I’m hoping for four wins. Full squad and at last we have a well balanced midfield, with plenty options.

The 90+2
21-02-2021, 12:58 PM
Motherwell (H) Win
St Johnstone (A) Lose
Ross County (A) Draw
Livingston (A) Draw

G B Young
21-02-2021, 01:07 PM
I think we will win all 4 which is something I’ve never said before or been confident of.

Motherwell - Terrible form and look poor
Ross County, St Johnstone and Livi- Were due them a gubbing after our embarrassing results and performances against them.

Winning all four would mean we'd won eight league games in a row. Brilliant to imagine but I'd be surprised if we've ever achieved such a feat in the history of the club. Still, records are there to be broken...

Lendo
21-02-2021, 01:11 PM
Last time I predicted a good run of results our Christmas slump happened. I’ll sit this one out.

makaveli1875
21-02-2021, 01:14 PM
I predicted 2 points from our previous 5 games . I dont know **** about football , obviously

silverhibee
21-02-2021, 01:43 PM
Win
Win
Win
Win

Keeps the pressure on the soap dodgers as they will have a slump when the Rangers win the league.

The 90+2
21-02-2021, 01:54 PM
Win
Win
Win
Win

Keeps the pressure on the soap dodgers as they will have a slump when the Rangers win the league.

Imagine the scenes if Lennon leads us to second :greengrin

SChibs
21-02-2021, 01:59 PM
As one off games I'd expect to win all 4 but we can be a bit inconsistent so looking at it as 4 games rather than 1 I'd expect us to drop points somewhere, could be in any game mind you

Billy Whizz
21-02-2021, 02:00 PM
St Johnstone away will be the toughest game.

6 points from those games wouldn’t be terrible, but we’re capable of better.

Think we get them at the right time, as this will be their 3rd game in a week

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-02-2021, 02:08 PM
Next week is key perhaps. If the Dons fold as expected against Celtc and we win, the gap gets bigger. Aberdeen are firing with two front players who are short of match fitness and one one on the sick list.

Dazzjw1875
21-02-2021, 03:08 PM
I think the Motherwell game is massive! They have been torture last couple weeks but, 100% they will lift there game and play a blinder against us. If we win that game and Dons get beat fae Sellick that's 7points with game in hand. Sat is the most important for me

MWHIBBIES
21-02-2021, 03:10 PM
4 wins. Will be a cold day in hell before I'm scared of St Johnstone away when we're sitting 3rd.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2021, 03:11 PM
I think the Motherwell game is massive! They have been torture last couple weeks but, 100% they will lift there game and play a blinder against us. If we win that game and Dons get beat fae Sellick that's 7points with game in hand. Sat is the most important for me

So next week is bigger than the normal big game we never win. :greengrin

worcesterhibby
21-02-2021, 03:16 PM
I honestly think it could be anything from 0 points to 12 points. Every team in the league is capable of beating us, if we are not firing on all cylinders and the luck goes against us. Let’s just take one game at a time, hope we don’t pick up any injuries and all make sure we continue to wear lucky pants, socks and girdles.

nonshinyfinish
21-02-2021, 04:11 PM
I honestly think it could be anything from 0 points to 12 points.

I think 11 points is pretty unlikely.

hibee-boys
21-02-2021, 04:22 PM
I’d take take 7 points, that should put us in a strong position at the break. Don’t lose to Aberdeen post break and that could be good enough.

Jones28
21-02-2021, 04:27 PM
4 wins.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2021, 05:21 PM
Cant see us getting any less than 13 points from that run of games.

Squealing pig
21-02-2021, 05:40 PM
12 points , saints away is gonna be tough

worcesterhibby
21-02-2021, 06:18 PM
I think 11 points is pretty unlikely.

Darn you and your new-fangled arithmetic !!:grr::grr:

hibsboy07
21-02-2021, 06:30 PM
If Hibs win next 2 games and Aberdeen
lose to Celtic we would be 10 points
infront of them.