PDA

View Full Version : Presentation and personality

NAE NOOKIE
20-02-2021, 06:36 PM
What the hell is in the water at Easter Road these days.

After a decent win our manager conducts an interview looking like he has just found out his car has been stolen. Our TV studio looks about as inviting as solitary at Saughton except with more drab lighting. You get two Hibs legends who love Hibs on to talk about the game and the club, but both of them give the impression they are in need of an adrenaline injection or a can of Red Bull, perhaps because they are being asked to sit for two hours on chairs that look as comfortable as a Tour de France competitors saddle.

David Tanner doesn't help much either, he seems incapable of real enthusiasm and clearly to me at least all things Hibs don't come easily to him, he doesn't seem capable of making even the likes of Weir and Wright seem comfortable or enthusiastic about the task in hand.

The whole thing needs brightened up and enlivened ... perhaps it's right what they say about a club reflecting the personality of it's manager .... drab, drab. drab.

hibbysam
20-02-2021, 06:39 PM

After a decent win our manager conducts an interview looking like he has just found out his car has been stolen. Our TV studio looks about as inviting as solitary at Saughton except with more drab lighting. You get two Hibs legends who love Hibs on to talk about the game and the club, but both of them give the impression they are in need of an adrenaline injection or a can of Red Bull, perhaps because they are being asked to sit for two hours on chairs that look as comfortable as a Tour de France competitors saddle.

David Tanner doesn't help much either, he seems incapable of real enthusiasm and clearly to me at least all things Hibs don't come easily to him, he doesn't seem capable of making even the likes of Weir and Wright seem comfortable or enthusiastic about the task in hand.

The whole thing needs brightened up and enlivened ... perhaps it's right what they say about a club reflecting the personality of it's manager .... drab, drab. drab.

Suppose we need something to slate JR for after a 4th win on the spin 😂

Northernhibee
20-02-2021, 06:40 PM

Long as we keep winning and we're on the course for Europe, Jack Ross can spend the post match interview slapping my cat.

Carheenlea
20-02-2021, 06:40 PM
I enjoyed listening to Mickey Weir and Keith Wright, two guys probably out their comfort zone a bit in front of the cameras but were absolutely fine for me.

Enjoyable afternoon all round.

Jones28
20-02-2021, 06:43 PM
**** me we’re really scraping the barrel after 4 wins on the bounce.

CMurdoch
20-02-2021, 06:46 PM

Mickey had the complexion of a bridie today.
I'm sure he has massive problems with back pain so the chairs must have been killing the guy.
FWIW I have decided I prefer the Cliff & Tam commentary combo.

As for Jack Ross interviews, he simply tries to give out as little information as possible. I blame media training.
I listened to an interview with John Potter last week. He is meant to be a funny guy but came out with the same tedious media training communication style as JR.
As I said they basically tell you nothing, speak blandly in lifeless cliches. It's like state news in China.
Hibs TV would be better interviewing Daz who has a natural good open communication style or a Jack Ross doll or a stone if they can't get Daz.
I know why the management do the interviews as they do but it is a waste of everyone's time and fools only fools.

danhibees1875
20-02-2021, 06:46 PM
Suppose we need something to slate JR for after a 4th win on the spin 😂

Jack Drone out. :greengrin

lord bunberry
20-02-2021, 06:50 PM
Ffs is this the best we can do in the moaning stakes these days? I enjoyed the program today and I couldn’t give a flying **** how the manager comes across in his post match interview. I’m sure Chippers interview was brilliant, but his team lost and will struggle to stay up.

20-02-2021, 06:51 PM
I enjoyed the Lennon roller coaster but if given a choice between his toys out the pram and threats to leave approach and JR's level-headedness, I'd pick JR no question.

Hibernian Verse
20-02-2021, 06:52 PM
Surely a wind up.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Andy74
20-02-2021, 06:53 PM
Pathetic.

easty
20-02-2021, 06:54 PM
**** me we’re really scraping the barrel after 4 wins on the bounce.

It’s unreal.

Since452
20-02-2021, 06:55 PM

I'm assuming this is sarcasm?

Lendo
20-02-2021, 06:59 PM
Can we rename this thread “The Official we desperately need something to moan about thread”

18Craig75
20-02-2021, 06:59 PM
Wow

Viva_Palmeiras
20-02-2021, 07:05 PM
Long as we keep winning and we're on the course for Europe, Jack Ross can spend the post match interview slapping my cat.

Is that some sort of sordid euphamism?! :)

Pretty Boy
20-02-2021, 07:09 PM
I'm not sure if I'm missing a joke here, quite probably, but for something set up in a bit of a hurry working within a pretty tight budget I think the match day show is pretty good.

Tanner isn't my favourite and if we have to watch football this way next season I wouldn't be too sad to see him replaced. However the commentary team are good, the guests have generally been good and the production values are a lot better than what a lot of other teams are putting out based on what I have seen.

As for Ross; I don't find him the most engaging when interviewed and I'll admit that makes it a bit easier to have a go at him for me. However he is a football manager not a comedian or lecturer. If he keeps putting a team on the park that wins games then I'll be quite happy to leave my own hang ups about his public persona to one side.

Hibs won again. Enjoy it.

JimBHibees
20-02-2021, 07:32 PM
I enjoyed listening to Mickey Weir and Keith Wright, two guys probably out their comfort zone a bit in front of the cameras but were absolutely fine for me.

Enjoyable afternoon all round.

Same for me enjoyed their chat.

JimBHibees
20-02-2021, 07:36 PM
I'm not sure if I'm missing a joke here, quite probably, but for something set up in a bit of a hurry working within a pretty tight budget I think the match day show is pretty good.

Tanner isn't my favourite and if we have to watch football this way next season I wouldn't be too sad to see him replaced. However the commentary team are good, the guests have generally been good and the production values are a lot better than what a lot of other teams are putting out based on what I have seen.

As for Ross; I don't find him the most engaging when interviewed and I'll admit that makes it a bit easier to have a go at him for me. However he is a football manager not a comedian or lecturer. If he keeps putting a team on the park that wins games then I'll be quite happy to leave my own hang ups about his public persona to one side.

Hibs won again. Enjoy it.

Agree don't really get it. Actually enjoy the way Jack communicates intelligent but obviously a little guarded at times which imo is fair enough. Really enjoy the coverage on the match day.

JXM73
20-02-2021, 07:47 PM
Ross out

20-02-2021, 07:51 PM
Agree don't really get it. Actually enjoy the way Jack communicates intelligent but obviously a little guarded at times which imo is fair enough. Really enjoy the coverage on the match day.

Intelligent but guarded is spot on. Guarded because Brian Mclauchlin is usually trying to catch him out somehow or other with baited questions.

Since452
20-02-2021, 07:52 PM
We're on course for 3rd and a record points total. I couldn't less about studios and chairs to be honest.

Vault Boy
20-02-2021, 07:53 PM
If this thread is meant to be parodying some of the more relentlessly negative fans out there, then bravo.

If not... Well. 😬

SaulGoodman
20-02-2021, 07:55 PM
We’re a football team, not a broadcasting company.

JimBHibees
20-02-2021, 07:56 PM
Intelligent but guarded is spot on. Guarded because Brian Mclauchlin is usually trying to catch him out somehow or other with baited questions.

Yep absolutely the right thing to do.

Smartie
20-02-2021, 07:58 PM
I love the coverage.

I love that it’s a wee bit amateurish, that occasionally stuff goes wrong and that it looks unpolished. It might be related to the fact that I’ve grown to loathe the bland, corporate EPL that I’ve grown to appreciate “our own” having a bash a whole lot more.

The guests have been brilliant, from the ridiculous Irvine Welsh and GOC to the sublime of the guests today, Alex Miller etc. Who doesn’t want to listen to guys like these talk Hibs?

I honestly wouldn’t change it and I’ll miss it when it’s gone.

Pretty Boy
20-02-2021, 08:03 PM
If this thread is meant to be parodying some of the more relentlessly negative fans out there, then bravo.

If not... Well. 😬

Tbh I'd argue if it's the former then it's even worse in a way. Creating conflict where there shouldn't be for ones own amusement. Not for me.

Roxyhibee
20-02-2021, 08:03 PM
I must be easily pleased. Could listen to real old Hibs legends like Mickey and Keith all day frankly. Really enjoyed them today - Mickey gives really good insight too. Thought Harper was really interesting a couple weeks back. Great stuff in these difficult times 🇳🇬

Vault Boy
20-02-2021, 08:16 PM
Tbh I'd argue if it's the former then it's even worse in a way. Creating conflict where there shouldn't be for ones own amusement. Not for me.

Tongue was firmly in my cheek for my first sentence. Maybe I'm just as bad! :greengrin

B.H.F.C
20-02-2021, 08:22 PM
I’ve no real issue with the coverage. Don’t particularly like Tanner but the guests are generally decent. Sound quality is sometimes a bit of an issue.

BoomtownHibees
20-02-2021, 08:25 PM
OP in need of some nookie

stantonhibby
20-02-2021, 08:35 PM
No bites on the match thread so actually started a thread with this guff.

NAE NOOKIE
20-02-2021, 08:42 PM
OP in need of some nookie

Way behind the curve with that one mate, the name was actually taken from a comment somebody made in the days when I posted as 'Bovril' :greengrin

hibeejeebies
20-02-2021, 08:46 PM
Just while we're clutching at straws for things to piss and moan about after 4 wins... Is it just me, or are all our crosses whipped? 🤔

FilipinoHibs
20-02-2021, 08:48 PM
Great to see Mickey and Keith, two of my Hibbee heroes. Obviously not a comfortable setting for them especially when being interviewed by a pantomime impression of Glen Michael.

Stuart93
20-02-2021, 08:51 PM
Jesus. Some thread. I like a moan but even I’m a bit iffy.

Dashing Bob S
20-02-2021, 08:55 PM
Hmmmm

NAE NOOKIE
20-02-2021, 09:11 PM
Look I wan't fishing or even looking for a reason to be critical as such. Perfectly happy with today's result as it happens and how the season is going. I was critical of Jack Ross after two or three performances that nobody could deny were abject and I'll admit I wasn't convinced he could survive if things continued the way they were, but I'm also happy to acknowledge he has proved that to be a dip rather than a huge problem after our last few results, so fair play to him.

My post was very much something I've had on my mind for a while. I don't think it's unreasonable to want to see a wee bit more spark in the production on Hibs TV or to see the bloody manager manage a smile now and again, especially on the back of a positive result, I'm not asking him for bloody cartwheels, just to look a wee bit happy. I wasn't really having a go at Mickey or Keith either, I genuinely think it's the presenters job to bring out the best in the guests and I don't think him or the set up is conducive to that, I'm willing to bet if you got either one sitting in the boozer they would be brilliant in a relaxed situation, I just thought they both looked ill at ease today.

This is all about positive vibes and a vibrant atmosphere around the club which Hibs TV is a great vehicle for, in fact currently the only vehicle through which to project that positivity and upbeat atmosphere. With a manager who comes across like droopy on prozac and a studio set up that's badly lit and looks bloody uncomfortable for the guests I just think there's room to brighten things up and project a cheerier and more upbeat look to the whole thing.

The way some folk are reacting you would think I had suggested merging the club with bloody Hearts :confused:

stantonhibby
20-02-2021, 09:17 PM
Verbose

ADJECTIVE
If you describe a person or a piece of writing as verbose, you are critical of them because they use more words than are necessary, and so make you feel bored or annoyed.

Synonyms: long-winded, wordy, garrulous, windy

Onceinawhile
20-02-2021, 09:19 PM
I said to my wife at half time, you'd think Mickey and Keith would have some chemistry given how they were on the pitch.

As for Jack Ross, I'm happy for.him to be stoic about results.

NAE NOOKIE
20-02-2021, 09:23 PM
Verbose

ADJECTIVE
If you describe a person or a piece of writing as verbose, you are critical of them because they use more words than are necessary, and so make you feel bored or annoyed.

Synonyms: long-winded, wordy, garrulous, windy

Me sorry, me try make E Z 4 U nxt tm

et_hibby
20-02-2021, 09:49 PM
No complaints at all about Hibs TV atm. A well-produced, professional product, good variety of guests brought in and the tone/balance of each segment is all fine.

green day
20-02-2021, 09:51 PM
Not sure why we didn't get a Hibby like Grant Stott or Barry (match day host) to do the Tanner role.

Apart from Tanner I like the Hibs show.

Jack Ross? As been mentioned above, if he says anything it will be taken out of context, so needs to be guarded.

Northernhibee
20-02-2021, 09:55 PM
Not sure why we didn't get a Hibby like Grant Stott or Barry (match day host) to do the Tanner role.

Jack Ross? As been mentioned above, if he says anything it will be taken out of context, so needs to be guarded.

I know that the debate from a couple of weeks ago went further than probably planned, but what I like about Jack Ross is he is grounded in victory or defeat. Every single game in this league carries the same reward for a win - three points - and the fact we've carried the same attitude into a game against Hamilton as we did against Rangers or Celtic is excellent. Find a winning team, set them up, manage the game as well as possible and don't get carried away. If you avoid slip ups against teams like Hamilton and Ross County (although we have indeed slipped up against Ross County this season) then you give yourself an excellent base to launch your league campaign on and we have - largely - done that this season.

Our first season back in the Premiership we should have finished second, of that I have no doubt with the midfield we had. The problem is that we allowed the importance of each game to crescendo and as such the pressure on the team and manager, which led to mistakes being made on and off the pitch and it ended up in a bore 0-0 draw at Pittodrie and a collapse at Tynecastle.

I have every faith that irrelevant of how much the fans are excited or anxious about the games coming up and as we get closer to the end of the season, JR's attitude to the preperation before the game won't change and that's precisely what we need.

20-02-2021, 10:33 PM

David Tanner probably got the job because of his experience presenting football shows. He's okay but I'd rather it was Grant Scott, he's more than capable of hosting it and he'd bring an extra level of enthusiasm that would liven it up. Plus he'd probably have done it for next to nothing as he'd be getting to see the games.

O'Rourke3
20-02-2021, 10:42 PM
Re TV production. We'll have a cameraman and sound engineer and thanks to covid, no access to a set builder or dresser - especially since its above the away team. Tanner looked like a good pick on paper but so did the team versus Hearts. It doesn't always work out. New guests every week, most of who never appear on telly. What rips my 'nitten is the adverts.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

givescotlandfreedom
21-02-2021, 12:00 AM
I think it's fine for an in house TV production. Saying that, if we win I don't really care.

The Baldmans Comb
21-02-2021, 12:25 AM
If this is to be the 'moany' thread then that Irish commentator does my heid in.

Every cross wasn't "whipped in" even a gentle lob from Doig patently wasnt "whipped" in and its Martin Boyle not George from the 1st half.

I am assuming this is the same clown who didn't know Dundee and Dundee Utd are two separate teams from a few weeks back.

If its not the "moany" thread then just ignore.😂

HoboHarry
21-02-2021, 12:34 AM
Need fresh faces - Farmer and Petrie oot......

Dalkeith Boy
21-02-2021, 01:02 AM

I agree 100%

calumhibee1
21-02-2021, 01:26 AM
We’re a football team, not a broadcasting company.

To be fair our owner made his fortune in that field so I’m sure he’ll be looking at ways to improve things on this front.

I would point out though that other than the fact I seem to be far enough behind every game to read what’s happening on the match thread before it happens that I’ve no complaints really!

BILLYHIBS
21-02-2021, 06:28 AM
Tanner is starting to grow on me but I just wish he would stop shouting :wink:

Every time he comes on I have to reach for the remote

Mickey and Keith Keith Keith are legends and Tam McManus does a fantastic job in the Ally McCoist role as co-commentator :greengrin

Agree the Studio looks drab and needs a change of location maybes a plusher box in the West or the North with more lighting and maybes the famous image of Gordon Smith skinning the fullback in front of 100000 Huns at Ibrox as a backdrop

Grant Stott would be ideal but probs too expensive

Allant1981
21-02-2021, 06:55 AM
If this is to be the 'moany' thread then that Irish commentator does my heid in.

Every cross wasn't "whipped in" even a gentle lob from Doig patently wasnt "whipped" in and its Martin Boyle not George from the 1st half.

I am assuming this is the same clown who didn't know Dundee and Dundee Utd are two separate teams from a few weeks back.

If its not the "moany" thread then just ignore.😂

He does like a whipped cross!!

CropleyWasGod
21-02-2021, 07:06 AM
He does like a whipped cross!!

Freud might be interested

hibIBZ
21-02-2021, 08:30 AM

He can slap my maw and pump my missus if we keep winning

worcesterhibby
21-02-2021, 08:37 AM
I suspect the OP’s favourite TV programmes feature Alan Carr and Rue Paul, not surprising that our match day programme seems a bit flat by comparison. Maybe we could get Claudia Winkleman involved and add a bit of “Strictly Sparkle” let’s ditch David Tanner and bring in Bruno Tollioni and Craig Revel Horwood too, they can replace boring pundits like Keith, Keith, Keith and Wee Mickey, no one should be allowed anywhere near the studio unless they have a glittery spandex bodysuit on :rolleyes::rolleyes:

hibee-boys
21-02-2021, 08:37 AM
Couldn’t give 2 hoots about presentation and personality, tune into Hibs TV to watch the game, anything else is a bonus. David Tanner does a good enough job, don’t really understand the stick he gets, and we have had a wide range of guests some of which are clearly not that confident in front of the cameras but fair play them for contributing and, probably, taking a step outside their comfort zone. I’ll leave the razzmatazz (disco lights) to teams like Celtic and be happy that budgets are geared toward the product on the pitch.

Peevemor
21-02-2021, 08:46 AM
Mickey & Keith were fine yesterday as was David Tanner. The adverts are a bit annoying (are Pearl & Dean still on the go?), but these people are paying good and vital money to the club to advertise so I can easily live with it.

I normally like Irish Dave but the one thing that annoyed me yesterday was when he & Tam kept talking about going on to run up a big score, pile in the goals, etc. after we went 1-0 up.

Yes it would have been nice, but they were talking like it was almost a given, even though it rarely happens like that.

flash
21-02-2021, 08:51 AM
I take it as a massive positive if the coverage is the most contentious thing around the club right now.
In my opinion considering the circumstances it's good enough.
Most importantly the streaming of the game is working really well.

green.oracle
21-02-2021, 08:54 AM
I’ve no real issue with the coverage. Don’t particularly like Tanner but the guests are generally decent. Sound quality is sometimes a bit of an issue.

Yeah wish someone could sort tanner's microphone (or teach him he doesn't have to shout for effect!!).

It's strange the guests microphones are ok, so is it tanner himself? :confused::confused:

Greenbeard
21-02-2021, 08:56 AM
Aye, I'm often reaching for the remote when all of a sudden the volume from the studio goes massively up.
Bring back that Welsh bloke I say.
Mind, as long as we keep getting results, JR can be the reincarnation of Rev I M Jolly as long as he wants in his interviews. (Photo shop opportunity for someone there.)

JohnMcM
21-02-2021, 09:31 AM

:faf::faf::faf:

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2021, 09:39 AM
I cant believe anyone even listens to what managers say these days, they never tell you anything you dont know or have just seen.

In the past i suppose Yogi was good with the sprinkling of gold dust, but he did have a funny accent, Lennon was just angry apart from when he wasnt, couldnt understand Calderwood because his mouth was full of parma violets, and Heckingbottom was English.

Greenbeard
21-02-2021, 09:54 AM
I cant believe anyone even listens to what managers say these days, they never tell you anything you dont know or have just seen.

In the past i suppose Yogi was good with the sprinkling of gold dust, but he did have a funny accent, Lennon was just angry apart from when he wasnt, couldnt understand Calderwood because his mouth was full of parma violets, and Heckingbottom was English.

Shocking that Heck did not assimilate better by adopting a Leith accent. Should have taken a leaf out of Steve McLaren's book.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZnoP4sUV90

Is It On....
21-02-2021, 09:59 AM
Shocking that Heck did not assimilate better by adopting a Leith accent. Should have taken a leaf out of Steve McLaren's book.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZnoP4sUV90

That is legendary...

CMurdoch
21-02-2021, 10:01 AM
Credit were credit is due. Other than Tanners mic occasional loudness all the other sound issues from earlier in the season have been addressed.
As for the ads, I hate them but at this time Hibs need every penny they can lay their hands on so we have to suck it up and be grateful to the companies involved.

As an aside, every week I am grateful to the HSL guys and 11,000 Hibs supporters who have made watching Hibs possible by buying season tickets and not taking refunds were possible last season. It's been the biggest fight since Hands of Hibs and everyone has put in financially what they can for the common good.
Don't know what the knock on to the next few seasons will be but we have saved the club again and unlike last time we won't have to build from the ground up again.
GGTTH supporters!

Keith_M
21-02-2021, 10:03 AM
Get Irvine Welsh back on....

Billy Whizz
21-02-2021, 10:07 AM

As much as I enjoyed his chat, we’re a family club, and we can’t expect our kids listen to some of the stuff he said

21-02-2021, 10:10 AM

Saving him for the current buns game after the split.

21-02-2021, 10:14 AM
As much as I enjoyed his chat, we’re a family club, and we can’t expect our kids listen to some of the stuff he said

Bizarrely they seemed to be more outraged at being called current buns than the machete comment, though I only looked at a little bit of social media on it so maybe didn't get an accurate representation.

LustForLeith
21-02-2021, 03:52 PM
I quite like Tanner in an Alan Partridge type of way.

There, I’ve said it

EI255
21-02-2021, 03:53 PM

The whole thing needs brightened up and enlivened ... perhaps it's right what they say about a club reflecting the personality of it's manager .... drab, drab. drab.Few drinks last night?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Jones28
21-02-2021, 04:03 PM

😂😂

Good point BH, who really cares? Manager speak is cliched pish anyway. Who cares what they say?

JimBHibees
21-02-2021, 04:05 PM
Listened to JRs post match interview seemed pretty upbeat and businesslike.

Northernhibee
21-02-2021, 04:32 PM

There, I’ve said it

"And coming up next on The Match, youth hostelling with Shefki Kuqi"

Vault Boy
21-02-2021, 05:43 PM
Listened to JRs post match interview seemed pretty upbeat and businesslike.

He also gave Josh Doig a pat on the back, with a big grin on his face, as Josh was giving his post match interview.

Alfred E Newman
21-02-2021, 06:12 PM

You are right, it’s an absolute disgrace.

BlackSheep
21-02-2021, 09:27 PM
Grant Stott would do a better job at presenting I reckon..: and yes the ‘studio’ is terrible, but I’m guessing they didn’t anticipate it being used as long as it has been..... I’m sure it wouldn’t cost too much to get some comfier seating and some props/memorabilia to add some character.

G15 Hibs
21-02-2021, 09:33 PM

There, I’ve said it

I was thinking more Troy McClure, but I'm with you

Brightside
22-02-2021, 08:29 AM
i just expected Tanner to be much more professional. His questions always sounds so last minute with very little thought for how he can push a conversation along. Luke Shanley would be perfect if he could share the time with Sky Sports. And the mic volume thing is annoying - they have been doing this for a while now and there really isnt any reason for the levels to be wrong all over the studio and then in comms.

Carheenlea
22-02-2021, 10:52 AM
What’s so wrong with the studio? Looks great with the stadium in background and I’m surprised broadcasters don’t use it rather than transporting that portacabin into the Albion Road corner every time.

Sudds_1
22-02-2021, 10:53 AM

...is that a euphimism? 😁

hibbysam
22-02-2021, 11:06 AM
What’s so wrong with the studio? Looks great with the stadium in background and I’m surprised broadcasters don’t use it rather than transporting that portacabin into the Albion Road corner every time.

Broadcasters use the walkway at the front of the south stand this season as there are no fans.

Northernhibee
22-02-2021, 11:09 AM
...is that a euphimism? 😁

TBF if it was I don't think Jack could be accused of a lack of enthusiasm after a victory.

pogo
23-02-2021, 01:02 PM

Only problem I have with the studio is the lack of lighting. Could do with more lights to give even coverage, always seems that the centre guest is way brighter than David and the other guest.
Sticking a small side table for a glass of water/notes beside each chair would improve the look for set dressing.

The audio issue with David's mic is down to the initial set up. When he gets loud it is distorting badly, but fixing this is pretty much down to the mixer being used, and the facilities on it.

I'd do it for free if I was more local 😁(work in audio for an outside broadcast company in Ireland!)

matty_f
23-02-2021, 01:07 PM
I honestly think David Tanner is alright for the role that he's asked to do, I see people getting really wound up about him and I just don't really see why.

oneone73
23-02-2021, 01:11 PM
I honestly think David Tanner is alright for the role that he's asked to do, I see people getting really wound up about him and I just don't really see why.

I cringed when he said he'd never known Keith Wright's nickname was Ted. Ok, he's not a Hibby - I wish we'd hired one - but does he do no research?

basehibby
23-02-2021, 02:12 PM

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Loving the comments even if I don't agree with most of them.

JR it's true is not the most animated and I don't think that'll change - it's just his style - but I don't give a flying one as long as he delivers on the pitch.

Re our studio I've got to agree it looks a bit spartan - why not relocate some of the comfy executive chairs from the stand as they're not getting used at the moment? And crack open the sponsor's bar and get them all slightly "oiled" in advance. David Tanner can be a bit wooden but I actually thought he was much more relaxed and fluid than usual with Weir and Wright - even surprising me with an anecdote about their former teammate Jim Leighton losing a contact lens while playing for Scotland!

I live in hope then that Tanner is now getting into his stride but one thing's for sure - the standard of guests is absolutely phenomenal! Weir & Wright, Irving Welsh - even Auld Lexo, while justifying his erstwhile tag of "Mogadon Miller" with a monotonous delivery that makes JR sound like an overexciteable radio DJ, still managed to fascinate and inspire debate with his incisive tactical analysis. Excellent work from whoever sorts these things out.

So - YES - invest in some comfier seats and give the guests a beer and a pie FFS - but otherwise keep up the good work Hibs TV! :thumbsup:

JimBHibees
23-02-2021, 03:45 PM

Agree absolutely fine

JimBHibees
23-02-2021, 03:46 PM
I cringed when he said he'd never known Keith Wright's nickname was Ted. Ok, he's not a Hibby - I wish we'd hired one - but does he do no research?

Probably quite a few Hibs fans wouldn't know that

bigwheel
23-02-2021, 03:47 PM

I didn’t know it tbh....might have heard it before, but certainly hadn’t remembered it

Peevemor
23-02-2021, 04:30 PM
To be fair, even though most Hibs supporters knew that Keith's nickname was Ted, it wasn't that widely used by the fans.

Tanner definitely does research (or has someone help him out) as he always has a few facts up his sleeve about the guests (eg. that Mickey only played one match under Pat Stanton).

andudare2
23-02-2021, 04:33 PM
Mickey had the complexion of a bridie today.
I'm sure he has massive problems with back pain so the chairs must have been killing the guy.
FWIW I have decided I prefer the Cliff & Tam commentary combo.

As for Jack Ross interviews, he simply tries to give out as little information as possible. I blame media training.
I listened to an interview with John Potter last week. He is meant to be a funny guy but came out with the same tedious media training communication style as JR.
As I said they basically tell you nothing, speak blandly in lifeless cliches. It's like state news in China.
Hibs TV would be better interviewing Daz who has a natural good open communication style or a Jack Ross doll or a stone if they can't get Daz.
I know why the management do the interviews as they do but it is a waste of everyone's time and fools only fools.Keith is the same in regards to severe back pain/problems.

ian cruise
23-02-2021, 04:49 PM
I suspect the OP’s favourite TV programmes feature Alan Carr and Rue Paul, not surprising that our match day programme seems a bit flat by comparison. Maybe we could get Claudia Winkleman involved and add a bit of “Strictly Sparkle” let’s ditch David Tanner and bring in Bruno Tollioni and Craig Revel Horwood too, they can replace boring pundits like Keith, Keith, Keith and Wee Mickey, no one should be allowed anywhere near the studio unless they have a glittery spandex bodysuit on :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So, are we getting Claudia Winkleman or not? I need to know.

The Spaceman
23-02-2021, 04:57 PM
I actually really like listening to Jack Ross speak.

Peevemor
23-02-2021, 05:00 PM
I actually really like listening to Jack Ross speak.So do I. He's both intelligent and articulate.

1van Sprou7e
23-02-2021, 05:02 PM

I think most people would agree. Definitely a much more interesting character than most in this sport

Jones28
23-02-2021, 05:03 PM

Maybe he should do his interviews via Snapchat? Then people that get wound up over...eh...listening to a man talk...can put a filter on and make it more fun for them. Colourful animations n that.

Maybe have his head turn in to a dug that licks you through the screen?

Northernhibee
23-02-2021, 05:18 PM

He's thoughtful, considered and I like him a lot. I wish we were allowed into ER as I'm genuinely enthused about his team and leadership.

He's the man who should have followed Stubbs as I think we could have built a monster of a team with what we had, and Jack Ross just seems to have the brains that Stubbs had on how to build and would have given us seamless continuity. We are best under managers who are intellectual, articulate and more in the style of the modern coach and Jack Ross is that person.

JimBHibees
23-02-2021, 06:25 PM

So do I speaks well and intelligently