PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton this weekend

Since452
18-02-2021, 09:17 AM
A very different test for us this weekend against perennial relegation scrappers Hamilton. They've been pretty impressive of late. This is a bit like the St Mirren game for me as they were on a good run themselves when we beat them. Will be a very tough game and they'll fight for everything. A win to make it four on the bounce would be huge.

Hibbyradge
18-02-2021, 09:20 AM
Jackson's fitness will be the key, imo.

PatHead
18-02-2021, 09:21 AM
Add to that the fact we haven't won back to back home games in over a year.

Not a walkover by any means.

easty
18-02-2021, 09:23 AM
3 points, has to be. Nae excuses.

Stuart93
18-02-2021, 09:25 AM
They have been on a decent run of late but if we’re wanting to finish 3rd, 3 points at home to Hamilton regardless of their form is an absolute must

Ronniekirk
18-02-2021, 10:59 AM
Add to that the fact we haven't won back to back home games in over a year.

Not a walkover by any means.

It’s a shocking statistic But this is a a better team than we have had in the last year so with the extra rest time hopefully we are rating to go and continue to build on recent form
The recent weather will have done nothing to help that pitch though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
18-02-2021, 11:01 AM
If we want to ensure we finish 3rd these are the games we need to he winning. It's another big game and we have been winning big games in recent weeks.

O'Rourke3
18-02-2021, 12:13 PM
3 points, has to be. Nae excuses.That's the spirit..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

easty
18-02-2021, 12:15 PM
That's the spirit..

We're at home to the team I expect to finish 2nd bottom at very best.

3 points in this game, regardless of the performance, is what we absolutely have to be getting.

lord bunberry
18-02-2021, 12:23 PM

3 points in this game, regardless of the performance, is what we absolutely have to be getting.
Agreed. It will be a difficult game, but we shouldn’t be slipping up at home to Hamilton.

EI255
18-02-2021, 12:24 PM
They all seem to be capable of beating each other in the bottom six. Form goes for nothing it would seem.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Peevemor
18-02-2021, 12:30 PM
They all seem to be capable of beating each other in the bottom six. Form goes for nothing it would seem.

More like the bottom 10 or 11 TBH.

Sir David Gray
18-02-2021, 12:32 PM
I'm disappointed no-one's asked yet whether the game will be on Hibspass or not. :greengrin - it will be for anyone who's not sure!

It will be a tough game they're fighting for their lives and have picked up a few good results recently.

We'll need to be on the top of our game to win.

O'Rourke3
18-02-2021, 12:36 PM

3 points in this game, regardless of the performance, is what we absolutely have to be getting.Its the no excuses bit that gets me in a game that's not been played so you cannot dictate events just cause.... 2- 0 up versus Dunfermline when both fit centre halfs get injured and Marvin has a nightmare covering. We were lucky to get the draw. All things being even, we win. We have to earn the right to win the game.

H18 SFR
18-02-2021, 12:36 PM
Will the game be on Hibspass?

seanshow
18-02-2021, 12:37 PM
Anybody know if Irvine & Gogic have been training? its been a fair while since their falls against the sheepies

easty
18-02-2021, 12:38 PM
Not sure what form people think Hamilton are in...I'm no seeing it.

Killie 2-0 Hamilton
Hamilton 0-0 Dun Utd
Celtc 2-0 Hamilton
Hamilton 1-2 Ross County
Hamilton 1-1 Rangers
Motherwell 1-4 Hamilton
St Mirren 1-1 Hamilton

Is that a decent run? We were on much better form, and folk were raging we were *****.

lord bunberry
18-02-2021, 12:40 PM
Anybody know if Irvine & Gogic have been training? its been a fair while since their falls against the sheepies
We won’t know until the press conference tomorrow.

Glory Lurker
18-02-2021, 12:40 PM
Wasn't a bad result for them the other night. They're maybe starting their annual push to survival so we need to be totally tuned in for this one.

Sir David Gray
18-02-2021, 12:42 PM
Will the game be on Hibspass?

Yes :greengrin

scoopyboy
18-02-2021, 12:46 PM
We won’t know until the press conference tomorrow.

Hibs don't give much away at press conferences these day regarding players fitness

scoopyboy
18-02-2021, 12:47 PM
Is this a big game?

Asking for a friend.

Ronniekirk
18-02-2021, 12:48 PM

Killie 2-0 Hamilton
Hamilton 0-0 Dun Utd
Celtc 2-0 Hamilton
Hamilton 1-2 Ross County
Hamilton 1-1 Rangers
Motherwell 1-4 Hamilton
St Mirren 1-1 Hamilton

Is that a decent run? We were on much better form, and folk were raging we were *****.

Unbeaten in three two of which were draws I guess that’s what people are looking at But we just need to focus on what we hVe been doing and it would be good fir us to score a greater percentage of chances created But will settle for any win

easty
18-02-2021, 12:48 PM
Its the no excuses bit that gets me in a game that's not been played so you cannot dictate events just cause.... 2- 0 up versus Dunfermline when both fit centre halfs get injured and Marvin has a nightmare covering. We were lucky to get the draw. All things being even, we win. We have to earn the right to win the game.

No excuses.

Sir David Gray
18-02-2021, 12:59 PM

Killie 2-0 Hamilton
Hamilton 0-0 Dun Utd
Celtc 2-0 Hamilton
Hamilton 1-2 Ross County
Hamilton 1-1 Rangers
Motherwell 1-4 Hamilton
St Mirren 1-1 Hamilton

It's all relative though.

Good form for Hamilton isn't the same as good form for us.

6 points from their last 7 games is decent when you consider they have played three of the current top six teams in that run.

Lancs Harp
18-02-2021, 01:06 PM
Interesting battle at the bottom, hairs width between Killie, Hamilton and Ross Co. Will Killie wake up from freefall? Will Hamilton battle out of it again? Can Ross County reproduce the form they showed at Easter Road. Have to admit I'm a little surprised to see the Staggies struggling as much as they clearly are.

Changes virtually every week but this week Im going for Killie relegated and Hamilton for the play offs. Ross County to escape.

basehibby
18-02-2021, 01:14 PM

Killie 2-0 Hamilton
Hamilton 0-0 Dun Utd
Celtc 2-0 Hamilton
Hamilton 1-2 Ross County
Hamilton 1-1 Rangers
Motherwell 1-4 Hamilton
St Mirren 1-1 Hamilton

Considering their league position that is a very decent run - they've absolutely tonked Motherwell recently and haven't had their ***** handed to them by anyone either. From an Accies fans' POV it's an upturn in form and must give them hope of escaping the drop.

Top drawer performance required from Hibs to make sure of the 3 points. NB - folk on here will be raging at the moon about something regardless so wouldn't read too much into that.

Smartie
18-02-2021, 01:18 PM
More like the bottom 10 or 11 TBH.

This made me chuckle, even though it's true.

Greenbeard
18-02-2021, 01:23 PM
Considering their league position that is a very decent run - they've absolutely tonked Motherwell recently and haven't had their ***** handed to them by anyone either. From an Accies fans' POV it's an upturn in form and must give them hope of escaping the drop.

Top drawer performance required from Hibs to make sure of the 3 points. NB - folk on here will be raging at the moon about something regardless so wouldn't read too much into that.
By all accounts they were well worth their point vs the Stickies too.

JimBHibees
18-02-2021, 01:29 PM

Killie 2-0 Hamilton
Hamilton 0-0 Dun Utd
Celtc 2-0 Hamilton
Hamilton 1-2 Ross County
Hamilton 1-1 Rangers
Motherwell 1-4 Hamilton
St Mirren 1-1 Hamilton

Last 3 games are excellent results plus their loan guy from Aberdeen has scored in two of them and looked very good

JimBHibees
18-02-2021, 01:30 PM
By all accounts they were well worth their point vs the Stickies too.

They genuinely should have won that game.

hibee316
18-02-2021, 01:54 PM
No excuses.

What do you mean by no excuses?

You handing back your season ticket if we don't win?

Keith_M
18-02-2021, 02:02 PM
I'm disappointed no-one's asked yet whether the game will be on Hibspass or not. :greengrin - it will be for anyone who's not sure!

What about those of us that are sure? Will we switch it on in expectation then end up disappointed?

:dunno:

Since452
18-02-2021, 02:18 PM
They genuinely should have won that game.

Agreed. A point was harsh on them.

easty
18-02-2021, 02:22 PM
What do you mean by no excuses?

You handing back your season ticket if we don't win?

I think it seems fairly obvious to anyone, well anyone not wanting to be awkward, what I mean.

Jones28
18-02-2021, 02:22 PM
Is this a big game?

Asking for a friend.

Is it disgusting if Scott Allan comes on?

Just checking.

Since452
18-02-2021, 02:29 PM
Is this a big game?

Asking for a friend.

Hope not because apart from the big games Ross has won, he cant win big games.

Magpie
18-02-2021, 02:29 PM
This is arguably our easiest game of the season. We should be winning.

Since452
18-02-2021, 02:30 PM
Is it disgusting if Scott Allan comes on?

Just checking.

No just very cowardly

linlithgowhibbie
18-02-2021, 02:37 PM
Need to keep our eyes on that ex Jambo reject Callachan, he has been scoring a few this year.

Since452
18-02-2021, 02:40 PM
Definitely a banana skin and the type of game we've slipped up in before. A win would say a lot about the change in mentality.

Magpie
18-02-2021, 02:46 PM
Definitely a banana skin and the type of game we've slipped up in before. A win would say a lot about the change in mentality.

We have only lost to them once in ten games since getting promoted back to the premiership. We have won seven of those including a 4-0 and 3-2 win this season. Should be winning and if we do I don’t see it showing much of a change in mentality.

cabbageandribs1875
18-02-2021, 02:49 PM
We have only lost to them once in ten games since getting promoted back to the premiership. We have won seven those including a 4-0 and 3-2 win this season. Should be winning and if we do I don’t see it showing much of a change in mentality.

my fingernails were decimated by the end of that game

mal
18-02-2021, 03:03 PM
my fingernails were decimated by the end of that game

You'd bitten one fingernail...?

JammyDoidger
18-02-2021, 03:08 PM
Quality will shine through here, 2-0 hibs not a problem.

Pretty Boy
18-02-2021, 03:30 PM
Aah another thread ruined by people trying to stir **** rather than contributing anything productive.

Same people who will be telling us 'this place is getting worse' at every opportunity though.

Smartie
18-02-2021, 03:32 PM
This is arguably our easiest game of the season. We should be winning.

Last time that was the case we were comfortably beaten at home by bottom the league Ross County.

We'll be favourites, should expect to win, and if we play anything like we can then we will.

They're not so bad that there's a big margin for error though.

G B Young
18-02-2021, 03:37 PM
Be nice to think we could cut loose after a bit of a break and bang in a few goals (IIRC we stuck six past them to go top of the league briefly under Lennon) but recent ER games against them have been tight and at this stage of the season any type of win will do. 2-1 Hibs.

Jim44
18-02-2021, 03:41 PM
Knowing Hibs, we’re more than capable of making a cod’s ear of this game. But, I agree with Easty, who is taking a wee bit stick for saying ‘no excuses’ etc., that, given our position, squad and incentive for staying in 3rd., we should be seeing off the likes of Hamilton without too much bother. I think we will.

WhileTheChief..
18-02-2021, 03:42 PM
Will be one of our easiest games of the season, expect a comfortable win.

Games against Hamilton and the likes are definitely not big games :wink:

Calidad
18-02-2021, 03:51 PM
Would be nice to see a Jackson, Newell and Allan midfield for this. Give Gogic a rest.

ahibby
18-02-2021, 03:55 PM
Will be one of our easiest games of the season, expect a comfortable win.

Games against Hamilton and the likes are definitely not big games :wink:

I think all teams will be lifted by the knowledge that it's the home run and there are only nine or so games to go so light at the end of the tunnel. I expect every game to be played by both sides like a cup final, there is so much to play for in this run in. Therefore I personally won't count any chickens before they hatch but will tick of each positive result as we go with relief. I'd rather be where we are than where Aberdeen are right now so that's something, but still thirty points for us to play for and twenty seven points for them to play for and we know that neither will get maximum points. I hope that eighteen points from the thirty will see us finish third.

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-02-2021, 03:59 PM
Can we play in our yellow top please? 🤔😏

Magpie
18-02-2021, 04:06 PM
Last time that was the case we were comfortably beaten at home by bottom the league Ross County.

We'll be favourites, should expect to win, and if we play anything like we can then we will.

They're not so bad that there's a big margin for error though.

Ross County was really disappointing, hopefully we won’t see a similar feat tomorrow. I just think on paper this is our easiest game of the season and we should be winning. I’m confident we will too.

bigwheel
18-02-2021, 04:08 PM
Ross County was really disappointing, hopefully we won’t see a similar feat tomorrow. I just think on paper this is our easiest game of the season and we should be winning. I’m confident we will too.

They’ve just drawn with Rangers and St Mirren and thumped Motherwell...what makes it seem easy ?

Magpie
18-02-2021, 04:09 PM
Be nice to think we could cut loose after a bit of a break and bang in a few goals (IIRC we stuck six past them to go top of the league briefly under Lennon) but recent ER games against them have been tight and at this stage of the season any type of win will do. 2-1 Hibs.

We have played them five times at ER since promotion winning each of them 3-1, 6-0, 2-0, 2-1 and 3-2.

I’m going to mix it up with a 3-0 win Saturday.

Edit: we have played them six times at home since promotion but lost the first game back in 2017.

Magpie
18-02-2021, 04:10 PM
They’ve just drawn with Rangers and St Mirren and thumped Motherwell...what makes it seem easy ?

That we are 3rd, they are 11th and we are 25 points ahead of them previously beating them 4-0 and 3-2 this season. Come on, you surely can’t deem it as a difficult game? Or even if it is difficult due to them fighting relegation, it is still arguably our ‘easiest’ game of the season.

Weir07
18-02-2021, 04:18 PM

I know what you're saying but I'm firmly in the bannana skin camp, Hamilton have done well over the last three games, so will come with confidence, hopefully their recent form means Hibs will bring their A game though.

I think it's got a big game feel about it, last time we played, Aberdeen (obviously) and Livingston both lost, since then Aberdeen have taken one point from six and Livingston have lost their one game by three goals

A win on Saturday puts us in an even better position than now, at the very least maintaining our lead with one game less to be played.

I don't think our home form can really have anyone absolutely confident about Saturday but one we should win, no given though and as someone mentioned earlier, an insight into our mentality.

Magpie
18-02-2021, 04:21 PM
I know what you're saying but I'm firmly in the bannana skin camp, Hamilton have done well over the last three games, so will come with confidence, hopefully their recent form means Hibs will bring their A game though.

I think it's got a big game feel about it, last time we played, Aberdeen (obviously) and Livingston both lost, since then Aberdeen have taken one point from six and Livingston have lost their one game by three goals

A win on Saturday puts us in an even better position than now, at the very least maintaining our lead with one game less to be played.

I don't think our home form can really have anyone absolutely confident about Saturday but one we should win, no given though and as someone mentioned earlier, an insight into our mentality.

Yeah that’s fair enough. I’m perhaps being too optimistic. Should have learned from that from previous games we have played this season.

bigwheel
18-02-2021, 04:24 PM
That we are 3rd, they are 11th and we are 25 points ahead of them previously beating them 4-0 and 3-2 this season. Come on, you surely can’t deem it as a difficult game? Or even if it is difficult due to them fighting relegation, it is still arguably our ‘easiest’ game of the season.

It’s on AstroTurf, against a form team, who have given us challenging games already this season - they are experts at fighting for their lives ..we would love to have pumped Motherwell 4-1. It’s a winnable game , but nothing about it reads easy to me

scoopyboy
18-02-2021, 04:24 PM
Would be nice to see a Jackson, Newell and Allan midfield for this. Give Gogic a rest.

I can't see Scott Allan starting a game just yet, Subs appearances I think until he's a bit more up to speed.

I think we had a bounce game against Dunfermline to give guys like Scott some more game time.

B.H.F.C
18-02-2021, 04:25 PM
Usual script, if we score first I expect us to win. If it’s relatively early, I think we go on and win convincingly.

cabbageandribs1875
18-02-2021, 04:28 PM
It’s on AstroTurf, against a form team, who have given us challenging games already this season - they are experts at fighting for their lives ..we would love to have pumped Motherwell 4-1. It’s a winnable game , but nothing about it reads easy to me

it's at ER

scoopyboy
18-02-2021, 04:28 PM

Don't think it's on AstroTurf

B.H.F.C
18-02-2021, 04:33 PM

It’s at ER. Don’t know about them giving us challenging games either.

The 3-2 game at ER was close if you look at the score line but that was due to a loss of concentration in the last 15 minutes. We should have been about 8 up. The other game was 4 going on 8.

I think they’re the poorest team we’ve faced this season.

bigwheel
18-02-2021, 04:39 PM
It’s at ER. Don’t know about them giving us challenging games either.

The 3-2 game at ER was close if you look at the score line but that was due to a loss of concentration in the last 15 minutes. We should have been about 8 up. The other game was 4 going on 8.

I think they’re the poorest team we’ve faced this season.

Ha! For some reason I had it away from
Home [emoji106]. Thanks (and the others too) for clarifying ...I thought they were poor at their place earlier , but also thought they could have beaten us at ER this season too. Think it will be a decent game tbh

Greenbeard
18-02-2021, 09:54 PM
Knowing Hibs, we’re more than capable of making a cod’s ear of this game. But, I agree with Easty, who is taking a wee bit stick for saying ‘no excuses’ etc., that, given our position, squad and incentive for staying in 3rd., we should be seeing off the likes of Hamilton without too much bother. I think we will.

Do cod have ears? Pigs do.

04Sauzee
18-02-2021, 09:59 PM
I can't see Scott Allan starting a game just yet, Subs appearances I think until he's a bit more up to speed.

I think we had a bounce game against Dunfermline to give guys like Scott some more game time.

Any ideas where it was played? Good to get some minutes in the tank for some of them.

Jim44
18-02-2021, 10:46 PM
Do cod have ears? Pigs do.

Erudition, eh? Did I spell that right, by the way? :greengrin

scoopyboy
19-02-2021, 07:11 AM
Any ideas where it was played? Good to get some minutes in the tank for some of them.

I think it was Alloa, that is where Dunfermline train.

JimBHibees
19-02-2021, 07:38 AM

Why do they train there?

Billy Whizz
19-02-2021, 07:39 AM
Why do they train there?

Thought Dunfermline trained at Pitreavie

04Sauzee
19-02-2021, 08:06 AM

Haven't trained there for years as it was in some state although they have just installed a new 11 aside astro pitch , they were training at McKane Park for a while, didn't realise they were at Alloa now.

Greenbeard
19-02-2021, 09:07 AM
Erudition, eh? Did I spell that right, by the way? :greengrin
Aye good word. Comes up most nights in our house at the tea table. Erudition up or me?

PS after a quick google I now know that cod DO have ears, but they are barely noticeable. So if you meant Hibs might not turn up on Saturday and have one of our totally non-descript invisible performances then your analogy is a good one.

danhibees1875
19-02-2021, 09:24 AM

Do Dunfermline still have the plastic pitch? Seems strange they wouldn't just train there if so!

scoopyboy
19-02-2021, 09:43 AM
Do Dunfermline still have the plastic pitch? Seems strange they wouldn't just train there if so!

East End Park has been grass for a few years now.

Pretty Boy
19-02-2021, 09:43 AM

I think they ripped it up years ago.

I played on it not long after they laid it and it was absolutely horrendous. It was barely a step up from the sand based astro of the 80s and 90s. It ripped my goalkeeper gloves to shreds and my knees didn't look much better.

scoopyboy
19-02-2021, 09:45 AM
Why do they train there?

The most suitable for them?

I don't know really (assuming I've got it right in the first place).

scoopyboy
19-02-2021, 09:47 AM
I think they ripped it up years ago.

I played on it not long after they laid it and it was absolutely horrendous. It was barely a step up from the sand based astro of the 80s and 90s. It ripped my goalkeeper gloves to shreds and my knees didn't look much better.

I remember we were the first team to play a league match on it.

One of our fans decided to run on the pitch topless and do a Klinsmann, when he stood up his front was red raw. Ouch.

badabing67
19-02-2021, 09:54 AM
Can we play in our yellow top please? 🤔😏

Why ?

Peevemor
19-02-2021, 09:57 AM

One of our fans decided to run on the pitch topless and do a Klinsmann, when he stood up his front was red raw. Ouch.

He was the slimmest man in the world either IIRC.

scoopyboy
19-02-2021, 10:09 AM
Why ?

I'm guessing cos we do well when we wear them, probably picked up more points wearing them than any other strip.

oneone73
19-02-2021, 10:10 AM
I'm guessing cos we do well when we wear them, probably picked up more points wearing them than any other strip.

Probably because we wear them for away games, where our record is highly impressive.

Hibernian Verse
19-02-2021, 10:23 AM
Aah another thread ruined by people trying to stir **** rather than contributing anything productive.

Same people who will be telling us 'this place is getting worse' at every opportunity though.

This place is getting worse.

JOKING

JimBHibees
19-02-2021, 04:04 PM

My recollection was that it was a Pars fan that did that. May be wrong of course :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
19-02-2021, 04:12 PM
Aye good word. Comes up most nights in our house at the tea table. Erudition up or me?

PS after a quick google I now know that cod DO have ears, but they are barely noticeable. So if you meant Hibs might not turn up on Saturday and have one of our totally non-descript invisible performances then your analogy is a good one.

We will also hope our defence is as tight as a cod’s arse.

Billy Whizz
19-02-2021, 04:14 PM
Have I missed the Hibs TV interview with Jack, can’t find it

green day
19-02-2021, 04:15 PM
Have I missed the Hibs TV interview with Jack, can’t find it

Me neither, nothing on the youtube channel

Billy Whizz
19-02-2021, 04:17 PM
Me neither, nothing on the youtube channel

I’m really surprised Hibs have been so quiet this week, you’d have thought where we were in the League, we’d be pushing to sell tickets to non season ticket holders

Pagan Hibernia
19-02-2021, 04:47 PM
If there’s one team that can throw a spanner in the works of our charge to Europe it’s this lot

JohnMcM
19-02-2021, 05:00 PM
If there’s one team that can throw a spanner in the works of our charge to Europe it’s this lot

Don't say that! :slipper: Just don't.:na na:

green day
20-02-2021, 07:43 AM
I expect us to win, and comfortably.

This weekend has the potential to be a great one for us - if we win, Aberdeen lose, and St Mirren v Livi is a draw we are almost out of sight for third spot.

Ronniekirk
20-02-2021, 08:05 AM
I expect us to win, and comfortably.

This weekend has the potential to be a great one for us - if we win, Aberdeen lose, and St Mirren v Livi is a draw we are almost out of sight for third spot.

I expect Aberdeen to scrape a win

Brooster
20-02-2021, 08:13 AM

Dunfermine are using Alloa whilst their new training facility is being built.

04Sauzee
20-02-2021, 08:36 AM
Dunfermine are using Alloa whilst their new training facility is being built.

Any idea where their new training centre is being built Brooster?