PDA

View Full Version : Longbangers 85 Calvin and Hibs (Calvin Charlton interview)

matty_f
15-02-2021, 10:10 PM
Longbangers 85: Calvin and Hibs
We're joined by Calvin Charlton, Hibs’ Head of Performance & Recruitment Analysis:
✅Life at Hibs
✅Not taking credit for Cup winning corners
✅Pushing for improvement at Hibs

Great way to spend an hour!

Apple:
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/longbangers/id1474463560

Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/5UHVUY6ooHW8JYRz4MDpBD?si=kDcEYjv8QRqRYCgmIEf_Mg

Anchor/Web:
https://anchor.fm/longbangers/episodes/Longbangers-85-Calvin-and-Hibs-eqf66r

Danderhall Hibs
16-02-2021, 08:05 AM
Good stuff. Calvin answered most of the questions - let himself down with the Susan Boyle / Gorilla question IMO. 😂

LongJohnBanger
16-02-2021, 08:33 AM
Good stuff. Calvin answered most of the questions - let himself down with the Susan Boyle / Gorilla question IMO. 😂

But quite open about peering through peepholes 😁

Danderhall Hibs
16-02-2021, 08:43 AM
But quite open about peering through peepholes 😁

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

LongJohnBanger
16-02-2021, 08:48 AM
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Where do you stand on the gorilla / boyle dilemma?

matty_f
16-02-2021, 09:12 AM
Here’s the Youtube link:
https://youtu.be/hHcKh_TnKLc

Oscar T Grouch
16-02-2021, 09:16 AM
Interesting interview, it's a part of the game I will never understand due my lack of brains but it was good to listen to someone who knows what they are talking about, Matty and John were ok too :greengrin

04Sauzee
16-02-2021, 09:22 AM
Enjoyed that and the one with Mathie, very interesting to hear what goes on at East Mains.

When is Big Ron on 😁

matty_f
16-02-2021, 09:25 AM
Interesting interview, it's a part of the game I will never understand due my lack of brains but it was good to listen to someone who knows what they are talking about, Matty and John were ok too :greengrin

:greengrin Cheers!

matty_f
16-02-2021, 09:26 AM
Enjoyed that and the one with Mathie, very interesting to hear what goes on at East Mains.

When is Big Ron on 😁
Even though we’ve been on our best behaviour with Graeme and Calvin, I’m not sure the club would trust us with Ron (although we’d welcome him on any time, Hibs!).

LongJohnBanger
16-02-2021, 09:53 AM

Funnily enough, my recollection of Hibs turn of the year results was in 2017 was incorrect - there was one other defeat to Celtic.

45% of the time I'm right 20% of the time.

LongJohnBanger
16-02-2021, 09:53 AM
Even though we’ve been on our best behaviour with Graeme and Calvin, I’m not sure the club would trust us with Ron (although we’d welcome him on any time, Hibs!).

Baby steps, Matty. Let's get Jack Ross before we go for El Jefé!

CMurdoch
16-02-2021, 11:33 AM
Well done Matty & John. As ever good to put a personality to a face at the club.
It was interesting to hear him speak about Paul Heckingbottom and confirmed what we thought that PH had worked hard at Hibs and was meticulous in his planning.
Sadly for him and us, the results didn't work out probably due to a lack of inspiration and not playing to his players strengths in the case of Newell and Doidge.
Also liked the bit about Calvin running down the stairs at half time to set up the managers electronic briefing before he arrives despite being much further away when the HT whistle blows. For those that know the layout, perhaps Calvin cuts through the wee treatment room off the tunnel that connects with the home dressing room and that gets him in before the manager.

Oscar T Grouch
16-02-2021, 12:20 PM
LOL I just got the title of this podcast, took a while for it to sink in :wink:

matty_f
16-02-2021, 12:29 PM
LOL I just got the title of this podcast, took a while for it to sink in :wink:

:greengrin I’m glad someone did! I was well chuffed with myself with it, mentioned it on the Whatsapp and it was a huge “whooosh” but i thought I’d go with it anyway.

John thought it might have been a play on Cabbage and Ribs, but it’s not.

TAHibby
16-02-2021, 12:34 PM
Brilliant episode. Calvin came across really well despite revealing his peephole antics

Oscar T Grouch
16-02-2021, 12:34 PM
:greengrin I’m glad someone did! I was well chuffed with myself with it, mentioned it on the Whatsapp and it was a huge “whooosh” but i thought I’d go with it anyway.

John thought it might have been a play on Cabbage and Ribs, but it’s not.

Maybe Calvin and Hibbs would have worked better.

matty_f
16-02-2021, 05:31 PM
Maybe Calvin and Hibbs would have worked better.

Yeah, you’re probably right there!

matty_f
18-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Hope folk enjoyed this episode.

We're recording Shortbangers tonight, if anyone would like to ask a question, fire it on here or on our twitter @longbangers

We'll also be recording Quick Bang shortly after full time on Saturday, if anyone is interested in sharing your views on the game or how Hibs are doing generally, reply on here and I'll get in touch with the details (spaces are limited!)