PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2020 (nhc)

Pages : [1] 2

Col2
09-02-2021, 09:22 AM
With the Super Bowl having 20k fans and a fantastic atmosphere helped by various audios and visuals I wonder what are the chances of any fans in Hampden in June?

Assuming the tournament goes ahead which I think UEFA are confident will happen, the suggestion is it will be home fans only to avoid traveling across countries.

So if we make the assumption by say May all over 50s and many under 50s have been vaccinated, we assume infection levels very low given lockdown and vaccine helping restrict transmission, what are the chances of a crowd of some level mid June v Czech?

Even 25% say 12,500 would still make a decent noise but we also know the FM dislikes football and we hardly have any test events on the horizon.

You can just see Wembley with 30k and us with 1,500. 😕

Sir David Gray
09-02-2021, 09:57 AM
With the Super Bowl having 20k fans and a fantastic atmosphere helped by various audios and visuals I wonder what are the chances of any fans in Hampden in June?

Assuming the tournament goes ahead which I think UEFA are confident will happen, the suggestion is it will be home fans only to avoid traveling across countries.

So if we make the assumption by say May all over 50s and many under 50s have been vaccinated, we assume infection levels very low given lockdown and vaccine helping restrict transmission, what are the chances of a crowd of some level mid June v Czech?

Even 25% say 12,500 would still make a decent noise but we also know the FM dislikes football and we hardly have any test events on the horizon.

I think there may be some fans allowed into Hampden for this but 25% capacity might be pushing it.

It's still over 4 months away though and it's also at the best time of year in terms of virus prevalence so we just need to hope for the best.

G B Young
09-02-2021, 11:38 AM

Jason Leitch said last week he was 'confident' the games would go ahead, but 'not confident' about whether fans would be there to see them.

neil7908
09-02-2021, 11:38 AM
I've got tickets for the Czech game, the last 16 at Hampden and the Semi final at Wembley but have all but resigned myself to missing out. I guess you may get a reduced capacity but even that seems tricky.

Col2
22-02-2021, 06:16 PM
So based on Boris roadmap - IF we said form one minute Scotland follows the same timeline then:-

10,000 fans for Hampden v Czech
10,000 fans for Wembley v England
52,000 fans for Hampden v Croatia

And full crowd for potential last 16 at Hampden

I am willing to bet right here right now we will hear NOTHING re football tomorrow from Nicola Sturgeon.

22-02-2021, 06:21 PM
So based on Boris roadmap - IF we said form one minute Scotland follows the same timeline then:-

I am willing to bet right here right now we will hear NOTHING re football tomorrow from Nicola Sturgeon.

Scottish Parliament election on 6th May will influence her decision.

Frazerbob
22-02-2021, 06:23 PM
Scottish Parliament election on 6th May will influence her decision.

In what way?

22-02-2021, 06:28 PM
In what way?

She will be more inclined to allow fans into Hampden if she thinks it would otherwise cost votes.

Frazerbob
22-02-2021, 06:35 PM
She will be more inclined to allow fans into Hampden if she thinks it would otherwise cost votes.

🤦🏻 Good grief, you really think ‘she’ will make such a decision based on an election the SNP are predicted to win by a landslide yet again anyway? Also, you do realise there are elections almost every year yeh?

Onion
22-02-2021, 06:45 PM

Think Sturgeon needs to recognise the significance of the Scottish National side reaching its first major finals in decades by opening up to unlimited crowds from Mon 14 June :thumbsup:

And declaring it a National Holiday !

Ringothedog
22-02-2021, 06:55 PM

Absolute nonsense, love her or hate her she is unlikely to be looking for a few votes by allowing fans into a football game

Glory Lurker
22-02-2021, 07:03 PM
Think Sturgeon needs to recognise the significance of the Scottish National side reaching its first major finals in decades by opening up to unlimited crowds from Mon 14 June :thumbsup:

And declaring it a National Holiday !

I've got a feeling a National Holiday the next day might not go amiss either!

Col2
22-02-2021, 07:23 PM
For once and I mean once Boris has played a blinder on his roadmap. He has universally got buy-in going by today’s reaction.

Football and travel (home and abroad) along with when we will be out of this are major sweetspots for many. Sturgeon admitted today she left four nation call to do her own daily press conference. Tomorrow is a big day for her and I hope the SFA are ready to go tonto if she takes very different approach.

SteveHFC
22-02-2021, 07:40 PM

I wonder if it will just be SSC members and English supporters club neighbours for the 10’000 capacity at wembley.

hibbysam
22-02-2021, 07:45 PM
I wonder if it will just be SSC members and English supporters club neighbours for the 10’000 capacity at wembley.

Will be more than 10k at Wembley, will be some form of mass testing to allow a full crowd otherwise it would make no sense to go from 10k to 90k in the space of 4 days.

SteveHFC
22-02-2021, 07:52 PM
Will be more than 10k at Wembley, will be some form of mass testing to allow a full crowd otherwise it would make no sense to go from 10k to 90k in the space of 4 days.

Hopefully the SFA will announce the ticket sales in due course.

Col2
22-02-2021, 07:52 PM

This makes sense other than it’s the day before the phase 4 Boris ‘no earlier than...” roadmap..

neil7908
22-02-2021, 07:58 PM
For once and I mean once Boris has played a blinder on his roadmap. He has universally got buy-in going by today’s reaction.

Football and travel (home and abroad) along with when we will be out of this are major sweetspots for many. Sturgeon admitted today she left four nation call to do her own daily press conference. Tomorrow is a big day for her and I hope the SFA are ready to go tonto if she takes very different approach.

It's only a blinder if he's right. Apart from the vaccine roll out he's got everything wrong in this pandemic. How many times has he had to u turn after making promises? Back in March 2020 he said we could turn the tide in 12 weeks. And here we are nearly a year later. He was also supposed to save Christmas and look how that turned out.

I have tickets to a couple of games at Hampden and would love to get away this summer but won't be booking anything as he's over promised and under delivered far too many times.

1875Sean
22-02-2021, 08:02 PM
Is there not a chance the venue can still get moved? Was reading UEFA are due to make a decision on the format on 5 March

hibbysam
22-02-2021, 08:10 PM
This makes sense other than it’s the day before the phase 4 Boris ‘no earlier than...” roadmap..

I reckon UEFA will be in their ear, hence why there will be a stipulation for testing in order for it to happen. Royal Ascot also starts on June 15th and I’d expect they’d like to have more than 10k in for that also.

Col2
22-02-2021, 08:15 PM
Is there not a chance the venue can still get moved? Was reading UEFA are due to make a decision on the format on 5 March

The chat is it’s fairly certain it will go ahead with or without fans and no other date options.

They will restrict any away fans to avoid travel and worse case we might see small crowds but 10k would still make some noise..

PaulSmith
22-02-2021, 08:17 PM
It seems logical now for the entire tournament to be held within the UK.

1875Sean
22-02-2021, 08:52 PM
The chat is it’s fairly certain it will go ahead with or without fans and no other date options.

They will restrict any away fans to avoid travel and worse case we might see small crowds but 10k would still make some noise..

Yeah I know it will go ahead but I think uefa are looking at having in one place, like the uk or elsewhere rather that different countries like the original format

Spudster
22-02-2021, 08:54 PM
Given how the UK has handled the pandemic and the dominant variant here I can’t imagine it being held solely in the UK

PaulSmith
22-02-2021, 08:58 PM
Given how the UK has handled the pandemic and the dominant variant here I can’t imagine it being held solely in the UK

Given that we’ll be the only country in Europe with a population immunised and the ability to host a tournament I’d say that the UK is in pole position.

The Baldmans Comb
22-02-2021, 09:02 PM

Ignorance beyond comprehension.

green day
22-02-2021, 09:05 PM

I think that for our parliament people not dying in large numbers and overwhelming the wards in hospitals is more of a "major sweetspot" than getting us back into football grounds or flying off to Benidorm for 2 weeks, even if the SFA "goes tonto" whatever that means.

I dont expect our announcement will be much different tomorrow.

Brummie_Hibs
22-02-2021, 09:14 PM
Sponsors and delegates will be first in line.

mayo hibee
22-02-2021, 09:19 PM
Given that we’ll be the only country in Europe with a population immunised and the ability to host a tournament I’d say that the UK is in pole position.

Immunised by a vaccine that's only 62% effective and likely to fail against new strains of the virus unfortunately. 62% effective and probably only 75% at most of the population willing to be vaccinated means less than half the population being immunised by the end of the rollout.

Sorry but today was nothing more than blind optimism again by Johnson, he'll be rolling back the dates he listed today just like he has had to roll back every other incorrect prediction he has made about the virus in the last year.

Bishop Hibee
22-02-2021, 09:24 PM
Judging by my work colleagues, there will be major disquiet if Sturgeon doesn’t largely mirror the English roadmap out of lockdown. I’ll be gutted if I can’t get to at least one of the three group games Scotland play.

Iain G
22-02-2021, 09:36 PM
Judging by my work colleagues, there will be major disquiet if Sturgeon doesn’t largely mirror the English roadmap out of lockdown. I’ll be gutted if I can’t get to at least one of the three group games Scotland play.

She will always try to do her one upmanship on Boris to demonstrate how rubbish the English are. Boris has been fairly cautious for once so will be interesting to see what her spin will be tomorrow.

Frazerbob
22-02-2021, 09:38 PM
She will always try to do her one upmanship on Boris to demonstrate how rubbish the English are. Boris has been fairly cautious for once so will be interesting to see what her spin will be tomorrow.

Her spin? Deary me.

JimBHibees
22-02-2021, 09:42 PM

Wow her spin complete nonsense.

green day
22-02-2021, 09:46 PM

You are obviously not a NS fan which is entirely your right, but if you think that its just her that has demonstrated the (not very tricky) ability to show Boris up for the clueless upper class twit that he is then you need to open your eyes.

cabbageandribs1875
22-02-2021, 09:52 PM
Wow her spin complete nonsense.

:agree: so much ignorance in just one post

BroxburnHibee
22-02-2021, 10:00 PM
Shall I move this to the Holy Ground? :wink:

Renfrew_Hibby
22-02-2021, 10:06 PM

As said above, that's a poor post tbh.

Basildon Hibs
22-02-2021, 10:57 PM

I wonder if Bojo has told the virus?

And she left the meeting early. Bojo has missed umpteen COBRA meetings

SteveHFC
22-02-2021, 11:55 PM
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon will address Holyrood today but is not expected to outline plans for potential Hampden crowds — or even if Scots will be allowed to travel over the border by June.

If true imagine Hampden having no fans but England games full of capacity in June. Can rightly see people p####d off with that decision.

Col2
22-02-2021, 11:57 PM
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon will address Holyrood today but is not expected to outline plans for potential Hampden crowds — or even if Scots will be allowed to travel over the border by June.

If true imagine Hampden having no fans but England games full of capacity in June. Can rightly see people p####d off with that decision.

Outwitted by Boris Johnson. Jeez. May elections will be sorted though, 100% never in danger.

green day
23-02-2021, 06:08 AM

Just remember that all of the bold promises are dependent on a very specific set of data going in the right directions.

Its entirely feasible that - having stated that all restrictions will disappear by 21 June - that this doesnt happen.

I hope it does, but the English govt has a history of failed bold promises on Covid.

Outwitted by Boris Johnson. Jeez. May elections will be sorted though, 100% never in danger.

You do understand that Boris has to say all of this because he has a bunch of idiots in the backbench screaming for everything to be opened up? Hence he can say anything and everything.............and caveat it by saying that the data has to stack up.

You think that elections in May is decided by NS? I dont think you understand how these decisions are made.

Also, you seem to think that every single decision NS makes is made to annoy football fans..............her husband is a Hibby.

JimBHibees
23-02-2021, 06:17 AM

All Johnson has done is what he always does be the populist and try and get people to like him with Ill thought out announcements which aren't in any way predictions that can't and usually are changed. Definitely trying to put pressure on SG particularly in regard to sporting dates around about the Euros. Will be interesting to see how UEFA react to that.

Did one of the journos ask the question about how many deaths this would cause by opening up when significant numbers of the population won't be vaccinated by then? Think 30k was mentioned

JimBHibees
23-02-2021, 06:21 AM

If it is safe to do so then they would be right to be annoyed however have serious doubts this will happen. Even if June 21st happens that is after the Wembley game where they are currently predicting max of 10k if all goes well. UEFA will decide I assume.

Heisenberg
23-02-2021, 06:22 AM

You seem very confident that Boris’ roadmap will go off without a hitch and every date for easing restrictions will be met, this seems very odd given the sheer number of times over the past year that he’s over promised and under delivered when it comes to this pandemic. I don’t think there’s any chance we’ll be back to normal by June with full crowds, no matter what Boris has said.

Iain G
23-02-2021, 07:00 AM
You seem very confident that Boris’ roadmap will go off without a hitch and every date for easing restrictions will be met, this seems very odd given the sheer number of times over the past year that he’s over promised and under delivered when it comes to this pandemic. I don’t think there’s any chance we’ll be back to normal by June with full crowds, no matter what Boris has said.

For once in this whole mess it actually feels like a semi-thought out plan and we all need a bit of hope at the moment. The public need to see some goals and come carrots dangled to keep them engaged and onside as much as possible with ongoing restrictions for the next 4 months.

However, Covid is not just going to magically dissapear in June and mask wearing and social distancing could be with us for a lot longer. The worry is the tone of the reporting this morning, using emotive terms like Freedom, sends the wrong message.

Iain G
23-02-2021, 07:07 AM
You are obviously not a NS fan which is entirely your right, but if you think that its just her that has demonstrated the (not very tricky) ability to show Boris up for the clueless upper class twit that he is then you need to open your eyes.

Boris is an idiot as this last year has clearly shown, where incisive leadership and clear thinking has been absent at every turn so it's not hard to show him up.

The 90+2
23-02-2021, 07:14 AM
BBB

Bring back Blair.

JimBHibees
23-02-2021, 07:21 AM
BBB

Bring back Blair.

Never really rated Jim. We have had loads better forwards than him :greengrin

Col2
23-02-2021, 07:25 AM
Just remember that all of the bold promises are dependent on a very specific set of data going in the right directions.

Its entirely feasible that - having stated that all restrictions will disappear by 21 June - that this doesnt happen.

I hope it does, but the English govt has a history of failed bold promises on Covid.

You do understand that Boris has to say all of this because he has a bunch of idiots in the backbench screaming for everything to be opened up? Hence he can say anything and everything.............and caveat it by saying that the data has to stack up.

You think that elections in May is decided by NS? I dont think you understand how these decisions are made.

Also, you seem to think that every single decision NS makes is made to annoy football fans..............her husband is a Hibby.

I can’t stand Boris Johnson. My dislike towards him and his cronies is in a scale I could never imagine. He has overseen disaster after disaster. However his plan yesterday was as clear and fairly balanced roadmap to date. I have no doubt things could go to the right however for many people HOPE is everything. This is not 2020. We have a vaccine, scientists are openly saying the early results on effectiveness are astonishing. Israel real live data is showing numbers drop off a cliff, they have just reopened. Sky published a chart yesterday which has the UK as the strictest lockdown of all major countries (currently) yet we have the 3rd fastest rollout of vaccine.

I have been a huge fan of NS approach on this pandemic up to the turn of the year. She has forgotten about the need to balance life. She can’t get rid of it as we border with England and they are not trying to completely extinguish the virus. The reason people are getting infected right now is in the main down to complete idiots who can’t control themselves (house parties). We can’t go endless months because of the minority in this country but I fear NS only interests is health for all regardless.

Anyway back to football and hampden in June. My daughter is back at school yesterday for art and design (5th year) - she takes the daily covid test at home and has a result in minutes. Is it really that unreasonable to insist that say 10k fans do this on morning of the game and upload results into a secure site for checking at gate? Last week SAGE confirmed zero /zilch/nada covid infections from beaches last summer in the UK despite all the alarming crowded pictures. So outside it now is clear reduced the risk significantly.

bingo70
23-02-2021, 07:37 AM
I can’t stand Boris Johnson. My dislike towards him and his cronies is in a scale I could never imagine. He has overseen disaster after disaster. However his plan yesterday was as clear and fairly balanced roadmap to date. I have no doubt things could go to the right however for many people HOPE is everything. This is not 2020. We have a vaccine, scientists are openly saying the early results on effectiveness are astonishing. Israel real live data is showing numbers drop off a cliff, they have just reopened. Sky published a chart yesterday which has the UK as the strictest lockdown of all major countries (currently) yet we have the 3rd fastest rollout of vaccine.

I have been a huge fan of NS approach on this pandemic up to the turn of the year. She has forgotten about the need to balance life. She can’t get rid of it as we border with England and they are not trying to completely extinguish the virus. The reason people are getting infected right now is in the main down to complete idiots who can’t control themselves (house parties). We can’t go endless months because of the minority in this country but I fear NS only interests is health for all regardless.

Completely agree with almost every word

The only thing I’d disagree on is the bit about idiots at house party. I know I’ll be in the minority, I’ve just come to the conclusion that everyone has their breaking point, that’s been a year these young folks have lost of their lives. Maintaining a strict lockdown isn’t sustainable anymore, young ones in particular need to be allowed to live again. I’m passed the stage of judging people who break the rules now.

The most vulnerable have been vaccinated, the country needs to open up again.

Col2
23-02-2021, 07:44 AM

The only thing I’d disagree on is the bit about idiots at house party. I know I’ll be in the minority, I’ve just come to the conclusion that everyone has their breaking point, that’s been a year these young folks have lost of their lives. Maintaining a strict lockdown isn’t sustainable anymore, young ones in particular need to be allowed to live again. I’m passed the stage of judging people who break the rules now.

Yes you are right. People are on the edge and my use of the word idiotic is a little unfair. Having a 16 and 11 year old and watching the impact on them is tough. For those older but still young it must be so so tough. It’s part of growing up and experiencing life.

CockneyRebel
23-02-2021, 08:02 AM

And rightly so. Simplistic twaddle.

The 90+2
23-02-2021, 08:05 AM

They haven’t been completely vaccinated. My old man has to wait three months for his second jag to be secure.

CockneyRebel
23-02-2021, 08:06 AM
Yes you are right. People are on the edge and my use of the word idiotic is a little unfair. Having a 16 and 11 year old and watching the impact on them is tough. For those older but still young it must be so so tough. It’s part of growing up and experiencing life.

Your use of the word was spot on IMO. This virus is serious stuff and made worse through selfish actions.

Hibernian Verse
23-02-2021, 08:11 AM

Please tell me more about how you experienced a Pandemic during your 20s.

CockneyRebel
23-02-2021, 08:28 AM

Their is no promise here... just a well structured approach with each stage assessed before the next stage is confirmed after meeting the required levels of infection rate improvement. I am no Boris/Tory groupie by any means but you should not poo poo a good plan just because you don't like where it came from.

Bristolhibby
23-02-2021, 08:50 AM

Right enough I’ve never heard Johnson perform a U-Turn before.

J

Heisenberg
23-02-2021, 08:53 AM
Their is no promise here... just a well structured approach with each stage assessed before the next stage is confirmed after meeting the required levels of infection rate improvement. I am no Boris/Tory groupie by any means but you should not poo poo a good plan just because you don't like where it came from.

Why the need to attach dates as he has done? It’s certainly a decent plan but a whole lot of folk are now expecting to be free of all restrictions by June no matter what caveats Boris has added.

PaulSmith
23-02-2021, 09:12 AM

Anyway back to football and hampden in June. My daughter is back at school yesterday for art and design (5th year) - she takes the daily covid test at home and has a result in minutes. Is it really that unreasonable to insist that say 10k fans do this on morning of the game and upload results into a secure site for checking at gate? Last week SAGE confirmed zero /zilch/nada covid infections from beaches last summer in the UK despite all the alarming crowded pictures. So outside it now is clear reduced the risk significantly.

A great post and I’m confident that’s the thoughts of a growing number of the population.

ElginHibbie
23-02-2021, 09:20 AM
Why the need to attach dates as he has done? It’s certainly a decent plan but a whole lot of folk are now expecting to be free of all restrictions by June no matter what caveats Boris has added.

Nah it'll all be fine, not like the last big concrete promise of easing over Christmas didn't blow up in everyone's face...

Bristolhibby
23-02-2021, 09:48 AM
For once in this whole mess it actually feels like a semi-thought out plan and we all need a bit of hope at the moment. The public need to see some goals and come carrots dangled to keep them engaged and onside as much as possible with ongoing restrictions for the next 4 months.

However, Covid is not just going to magically dissapear in June and mask wearing and social distancing could be with us for a lot longer. The worry is the tone of the reporting this morning, using emotive terms like Freedom, sends the wrong message.

The memes went crazy last night (I know they are memes). People booking Wetherspoons tables for the 21st June.

J

Bristolhibby
23-02-2021, 09:52 AM

Let’s get them their second dose first, but yes agree.

COVID will hopefully just be like seasonal flu, except we all get the jab.

Encouraged by the all adults vaccined by end of July.

Would love to see Wembley full.

If it’s 10k, I presume it’s 50/50 with the SSC and the England supporters club.

Seems the best way to allocate.

J

bingo70
23-02-2021, 09:54 AM
The memes went crazy last night (I know they are memes). People booking Wetherspoons tables for the 21st June.

J

Good luck to them.

Better to have something to look forward to than just sitting about feeling miserable.

Obviously the ball could get kicked further down the park when we get there but short term I think people are right to embrace the relative good news that came out yesterday.

ElginHibbie
23-02-2021, 10:03 AM
Good luck to them.

Better to have something to look forward to than just sitting about feeling miserable.

Obviously the ball could get kicked further down the park when we get there but short term I think people are right to embrace the relative good news that came out yesterday.

I agree to an extent, I am cautiously optimistic and booking for the pub just makes sense as if everything does open up be only way to get a table, but think people booking international holidays for the first date possible are setting themselves up for a fall

Mikey
23-02-2021, 10:06 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the tournament is held entirely in the UK with no away fans and probably reduced capacities. And that might extend to England v Scotland!

jonny
23-02-2021, 10:19 AM
Let’s get them their second dose first, but yes agree.

COVID will hopefully just be like seasonal flu, except we all get the jab.

Encouraged by the all adults vaccined by end of July.

Would love to see Wembley full.

If it’s 10k, I presume it’s 50/50 with the SSC and the England supporters club.

Seems the best way to allocate.

J

I'd imagine if it's 10k at least 3k will be reserved for sponsors, officials etc.
There are a number already sold through the Uefa ballot -will they be honoured or will refunds be handed out?
I'd be surprised if the SSC get any more than 2k.

Iain G
23-02-2021, 10:25 AM

J

That is what this has reduced people to, getting excited about going to a ****ing Weatherspoons. :greengrin

PaulSmith
23-02-2021, 10:28 AM
Good luck to them.

Even Neil Ferguson is quoted today that if the vaccines continue to do what they are seeing now the dates could move to the left.

If he’s saying it then we have a chance of a full Wembley for the Scot game.

bingo70
23-02-2021, 10:34 AM
Even Neil Ferguson is quoted today that if the vaccines continue to do what they are seeing now the dates could move to the left.

Brilliant, that’s potentially really great news.

Who is Neil Ferguson though? 😂 😉

JimBHibees
23-02-2021, 10:36 AM
Brilliant, that’s potentially really great news.

Who is Neil Ferguson though? 😂 😉

Barry and Dereks brother :greengrin

Col2
23-02-2021, 10:44 AM

This being Neil Ferguson who some have renamed as Doctor Lockdown given his pessimistic style to date.

Iain G
23-02-2021, 10:46 AM
This being Neil Ferguson who some have renamed as Doctor Lockdown given his pessimistic style to date.

Is this one an actual Doctor or just another fancy pants dental surgeon? :wink::greengrin

SteveHFC
23-02-2021, 02:10 PM
Don't see fans at the games in June at Hampden after today's news.

Iain G
23-02-2021, 02:29 PM
Don't see fans at the games in June at Hampden after today's news.

Yet you will be able to attend church? Was this priority list based on 18th century society? :confused:

green day
23-02-2021, 02:39 PM

I know some are being really pessimistic after todays announcement, but NS said that they would review again mid March (about the time lots more kids will have been back for 3/4 weeks).

I think the underlying data at that point will be a lot more positive, and if thats the case the "unlocking" both here and down south, might come a lot earlier than the current roadmaps suggest.

Both Boris and NS are being very careful not to over promise (regardless of what the English press say about lockdown ending 21st June) and would prefer to give us good news when its nailed on.

Ferguson is excellent and has been throughout.

Col2
23-02-2021, 02:48 PM
Care home visits and opening up religious gatherings along with schools (which is top priority) seemed to be the ‘highlights’

Zero substance and a ‘plan’ that takes us to end of April.

It allows the FM not to be held to account and allows her total control on picking and choosing her favorite areas of focus. Nothing on football, concerts, travel (home or abroad), end date. It’s a strategic framework but she hasn’t made it clear what her strategy is - suppression , containment, elimination, herd immunity.

On football how can Hibs, Scotland or anyone else plan finances, season tickets etc? For all we know football might be the very very last things to have spectators.

Col2
23-02-2021, 02:50 PM
I know some are being really pessimistic after todays announcement, but NS said that they would review again mid March (about the time lots more kids will have been back for 3/4 weeks).

I think the underlying data at that point will be a lot more positive, and if thats the case the "unlocking" both here and down south, might come a lot earlier than the current roadmaps suggest.

Both Boris and NS are being very careful not to over promise (regardless of what the English press say about lockdown ending 21st June) and would prefer to give us good news when its nailed on.

Ferguson is excellent and has been throughout.

It’s always jam tomorrow with NS. And when it come to mid March we will get yet another half arsed short sighted update. I feel for Ron, why would any of us pay £400 for a season ticket? Pure loyalty?

Col2
23-02-2021, 02:52 PM
Yet you will be able to attend church? Was this priority list based on 18th century society? :confused:

That and lots of promises of “we are looking at supporting businesses and we are looking at x y z”.

Anyone want two tickets to Czech Republic game
😎🙄

18Craig75
23-02-2021, 03:00 PM
Stop MP’s wages?? Aye that would’ve made a deadly virus disappear right enough 😂😂

1van Sprou7e
23-02-2021, 03:04 PM
Very cautious words today sadly but I remain optimistic that if the vaccine programme goes as planned then we will have fans at the games

If almost every adult is vaccinated then death rates may in theory be very low, in which case there wouldn't be much justification for playing the games behind closed doors

Iain G
23-02-2021, 03:05 PM
Care home visits and opening up religious gatherings along with schools (which is top priority) seemed to be the ‘highlights’

It allows the FM not to be held to account and allows her total control on picking and choosing her favorite areas of focus. Nothing on football, concerts, travel (home or abroad), end date. It’s a strategic framework but she hasn’t made it clear what her strategy is - suppression , containment, elimination, herd immunity.

On football how can Hibs, Scotland or anyone else plan finances, season tickets etc? For all we know football might be the very very last things to have spectators.

She has made Boris look competent and like a man with a plan :wink:

Thankfully the old duffer who is in charge of Wales will help deflect the focus...

CropleyWasGod
23-02-2021, 03:07 PM

Alternatively, like a man whistling away while he paints the floor, oblivious to the fact that he started at the door......:wink:

Iain G
23-02-2021, 03:08 PM
Alternatively, like a man whistling away while he paints the floor, oblivious to the fact that he started at the door......:wink:

He is brining in Ian Black to help out though...(trying to bring this back to fitba)

bingo70
23-02-2021, 03:10 PM
Stop MP’s wages?? Aye that would’ve made a deadly virus disappear right enough 😂😂

I didn’t say the deadly virus would disappear. I said the priority for getting things back to normal would change.

Right now, many people are having to get by with no income and very little support from the government. People’s livelihoods are being destroyed and it’s killing people’s mental health.

We are a year down the line and continuing a slow and steady policy isn’t good enough. IMO we wouldn’t be as slow coming out of the lockdown if politicians were having to get by the same way much of the population are having to.

FWIW I deleted my post as I know this isn’t the place for politics, I probably shouldn’t have posted it. I’m a big supporter of the SNP and I’m desperate for independence. I am however absolutely scunnered by that statement from Sturgeon that’s basically told us if we get back in our box if we’re really lucky they’ll let us out in 2 months.

We can’t keep living like this.

CropleyWasGod
23-02-2021, 03:12 PM
He is brining in Ian Black to help out though...(trying to bring this back to fitba)

We're ****ed then. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
23-02-2021, 03:21 PM
If it's relevant, UEFA have cancelled the Under-19 tournaments for men and women.

Onion
23-02-2021, 03:22 PM

Thankfully the old duffer who is in charge of Wales will help deflect the focus...

Agreed, BJ has screwed up the handling of this pandemic, but has blind-sided Sturgeon at each stage since the vax program started. She's now the definitive Dour Scot, on a power trip.

roo62
23-02-2021, 03:24 PM
I didn’t say the deadly virus would disappear. I said the priority for getting things back to normal would change.

Right now, many people are having to get by with no income and very little support from the government. People’s livelihoods are being destroyed and it’s killing people’s mental health.

We are a year down the line and continuing a slow and steady policy isn’t good enough. IMO we wouldn’t be as slow coming out of the lockdown if politicians were having to get by the same way much of the population are having to.

FWIW I deleted my post as I know this isn’t the place for politics, I probably shouldn’t have posted it. I’m a big supporter of the SNP and I’m desperate for independence. I am however absolutely scunnered by that statement from Sturgeon that’s basically told us if we get back in our box if we’re really lucky they’ll let us out in 2 months.

We can’t keep living like this.
You watch her release all positive news in the run up to the elections to be a hero...She's no daft!!

jonny
23-02-2021, 03:28 PM

She said the plan is to suppress the virus to minimal levels and then deal with outbreaks as and when they occur. She likened the management of it to that of measles.
She also mentioned that from the end of April we'll return to the localised tier system. I suppose Hibs will get supporters back when Edinburgh reaches whatever tier allows spectators in stadiums.
It was a loosely worded plan but I can understand her reluctance to commit to specific dates. I suppose it's being managed in small steps and as time progresses further updates will give more detailed information on the easing of restrictions.

Onion
23-02-2021, 03:52 PM
She said the plan is to suppress the virus to minimal levels and then deal with outbreaks as and when they occur. She likened the management of it to that of measles.
She also mentioned that from the end of April we'll return to the localised tier system. I suppose Hibs will get supporters back when Edinburgh reaches whatever tier allows spectators in stadiums.
It was a loosely worded plan but I can understand her reluctance to commit to specific dates. I suppose it's being managed in small steps and as time progresses further updates will give more detailed information on the easing of restrictions.

Her 'reluctance' works for now, but once we're partly opened up, she'll have next to no control of the population if England are allowing mass gatherings from May and foreign travel from June. Scots will simply pop over the border for events and holidays leaving from English ports and airports.

jonny
23-02-2021, 03:57 PM
Her 'reluctance' works for now, but once we're partly opened up, she'll have next to no control of the population if England are allowing mass gatherings from May and foreign travel from June. Scots will simply pop over the border for events and holidays leaving from English ports and airports.

Can't disagree with any of that and have no doubt that if travel corridors are reopened from England before Scotland many Scots will take advantage of it.

bod
23-02-2021, 05:16 PM
If it's relevant, UEFA have cancelled the Under-19 tournaments for men and women.

When & where was that being played ?
Did Scotland qualify ?

CropleyWasGod
23-02-2021, 05:40 PM
When & where was that being played ?
Did Scotland qualify ?

Romania in June for the men.

Not sure about the women.

Don't think we did qualify.

RoYO!
23-02-2021, 06:29 PM
I couldn't care less what your political affiliations are folks :)

The main thing re euro 2020 is that it goes ahead. Safely obv. Would love there to be crowds of any size, 10k would hopefully be able to make something of an atmosphere- prawn sandwiches allowing.

It's a wonderful thing to look forward to. A squad stacked with winners and battlers.

It's great to have a Scotland team you can take pride in.

bod
23-02-2021, 07:30 PM
Romania in June for the men.

Not sure about the women.

Don't think we did qualify.

Cheers

Col2
24-02-2021, 01:21 PM
A more positive tone at daily briefing today by FM and Jason Leitch when asked about fans at Wembley (wish the question had been Hampden as well as different considerations) and saying they are hopeful fans can go. They must realise thousands are going to London regardless!

I hope the SFA are all over this and lobbying big time even playing politics to get it on agenda. If we can make it work for 10k fans we can have real hope going into August next season.

SteveHFC
24-02-2021, 01:28 PM
A more positive tone at daily briefing today by FM and Jason Leitch when asked about fans at Wembley (wish the question had been Hampden as well as different considerations) and saying they are hopeful fans can go. They must realise thousands are going to London regardless!

I hope the SFA are all over this and lobbying big time even playing politics to get it on agenda. If we can make it work for 10k fans we can have real hope going into August next season.

Hopefully if the full Scotland allocation can go down for it.

Allez Hibs
24-02-2021, 05:03 PM
Hard to see it played with any fans at this point.

SteveHFC
25-02-2021, 01:54 PM
Euro's likely being moved to England.

Onceinawhile
25-02-2021, 01:57 PM
Euro's likely being moved to England.

Hopefully they can move it to the UK and utilise the millenium stadium and Hampden as well.

Would be a kick in the teeth for us to have our two home games taken away from us, but then played just down the road.

SteveHFC
25-02-2021, 02:00 PM
Hopefully they can move it to the UK and utilise the millenium stadium and Hampden as well.

Would be a kick in the teeth for us to have our two home games taken away from us, but then played just down the road.

Would be more annoyed if we aren't aloud to go to games but England can have fans in all it's stadiums.

bingo70
25-02-2021, 02:19 PM

I hope that all Scotlands games are played away.

Reaching a major championships and playing your games at home is a bit rubbish I think.

I loved Euro 96, we play games at Hampden all the time. Playing at different stadiums would add to the occasion IMO.

Col2
25-02-2021, 03:13 PM
I wonder if it will be only England because the Scottish Govt won’t allow it here.

I would rather we played somewhere with some fans than and empty Hampden but it ignores the points that we should be consistent across the the UK.

Sir David Gray
25-02-2021, 07:24 PM
I wonder if it will be only England because the Scottish Govt won’t allow it here.

I would rather we played somewhere with some fans than and empty Hampden but it ignores the points that we should be consistent across the the UK.

Sounds like that could be the reason.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56203775

SteveHFC
25-02-2021, 07:33 PM
Sounds like that could be the reason.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56203775

Can imagine the uproar if they don’t let fans into Hampden but there’s fans at all the games in England.

Col2
25-02-2021, 08:56 PM
Can imagine the uproar if they don’t let fans into Hampden but there’s fans at all the games in England.

I tell you what they have no idea the anger this will cause. People are reasonably balanced and if it’s well thought through and best efforts made and logic and data say no we can’t they we will be disappointed but most will understand,

But to hear from the new sports minister give zero information, not one piece of insight. Not even a review date, or what the measures and data required to give a green lights, or a range of numbers, or a plan for the plan, or test events. I could honestly write a plan myself.

This looks like the ****show we have come to expect. A new sports minister wet behind the ears from a wee village up north totally out of her depth. Her first interview a d she couldn’t say one thing. She said she didn’t even know if she could know more by April.

The only consolation is this will get very noisy while fans and let’s by honest thousands of voters watch England plan ahead and we sit on our arse.

Mikey
25-02-2021, 09:34 PM
If there is a limited crowd at Hampden it's worth remembering that a lot of tickets have already been sold in the first allocation over a year ago. That's going to eat into what's available and the crowd won't just be made up of 10,000 from the Scotland Travel Club.

Col2
25-02-2021, 09:39 PM
If there is a limited crowd at Hampden it's worth remembering that a lot of tickets have already been sold in the first allocation over a year ago. That's going to eat into what's available and the crowd won't just be made up of 10,000 from the Scotland Travel Club.

The game is completely sold out. UEFA have unofficially indicated they will need to do a redraw of tickets hence why they need to know in April what Scot Gov and SFA plan is(that should be interesting). So your right no guarantees.

SteveHFC
25-02-2021, 09:41 PM
The game is completely sold out. UEFA have unofficially indicated they will need to do a redraw of tickets hence why they need to know in April what Scot Gov and SFA plan is(that should be interesting). So your right no guarantees.

Only way i see it is Uefa refund those who have bought tickets and limit tickets to those who part of the supporters clubs for tickets. Would be unfair on the supporters clubs to miss out. Would make being a member not worth the hassle.

I'm only saying this as I'm guaranteed tickets through the SSC. :greengrin

Brummie_Hibs
25-02-2021, 09:48 PM
Dunno if this is true as I didn't apply for ballot tickets, but apparently Uefa changed their T&C's offering refunds to existing ticket holders, with the caveat that if they didn't accept that refund then they wouldn't be eligible for a future refund if the venues changed.

So basically, I wouldn't pin any hopes on ballot ticket holders being guaranteed, or even prioritised.

hibbysam
25-02-2021, 10:24 PM

If UEFA want it held in one country then the whole UK doesn’t come into it, the FA would be bidding for it to go to England, SFA would need to pitch in for it to come to Scotland.

Col2
25-02-2021, 11:26 PM
Only way i see it is Uefa refund those who have bought tickets and limit tickets to those who part of the supporters clubs for tickets. Would be unfair on the supporters clubs to miss out. Would make being a member not worth the hassle.

I'm only saying this as I'm guaranteed tickets through the SSC. :greengrin

Makes sense and I for one would lose out as not part of SSC but those are the breaks!

Brummie_Hibs
26-02-2021, 07:53 AM
Uefa will go with whatever provides them the most money and votes.

If they said to a sponsors, pay us an extra £1M and we'll give you and extra 1000 seats then that'll cover the cost of bumping ballot fans tickets.

CropleyWasGod
26-02-2021, 08:39 AM
Dunno if this is true as I didn't apply for ballot tickets, but apparently Uefa changed their T&C's offering refunds to existing ticket holders, with the caveat that if they didn't accept that refund then they wouldn't be eligible for a future refund if the venues changed.

So basically, I wouldn't pin any hopes on ballot ticket holders being guaranteed, or even prioritised.

That's correct.

I have tickets for the Croatia-Czechia game at Hampden. AIUI, if the game goes ahead there, with no crowd, I get my money back. If it's moved elsewhere, I don't.

I'm not clear whether my tickets would be valid if it was moved to, say, Newcastle.

IberianHibernian
26-02-2021, 10:07 PM
The game is completely sold out. UEFA have unofficially indicated they will need to do a redraw of tickets hence why they need to know in April what Scot Gov and SFA plan is(that should be interesting). So your right no guarantees. Which game are you talking about ? Doubt any games in tournament are sold out given very high ticket prices . 4 Euro 20 games programmed for Hampden , only 2 with Scotland playing . Tournament is organised by UEFA so SFA not involved and not sure SFA supporters club members have any priority for tickets , many of their club members will have applied for and bought tickets already anyway . Scottish govt will be in the same situation as govts of countries of other venue cities .

hibbysam
26-02-2021, 10:32 PM
That's correct.

I have tickets for the Croatia-Czechia game at Hampden. AIUI, if the game goes ahead there, with no crowd, I get my money back. If it's moved elsewhere, I don't.

I'm not clear whether my tickets would be valid if it was moved to, say, Newcastle.

Think the whole point in changing that T&C is that they will offer you a ticket to the game, but majority wouldn’t be going if it was moved across the continent, which would now mean you’d lose out. They couldn’t not refund you if they don’t offer you a ticket for it.

IberianHibernian
26-02-2021, 10:33 PM
I tell you what they have no idea the anger this will cause. People are reasonably balanced and if it’s well thought through and best efforts made and logic and data say no we can’t they we will be disappointed but most will understand,

But to hear from the new sports minister give zero information, not one piece of insight. Not even a review date, or what the measures and data required to give a green lights, or a range of numbers, or a plan for the plan, or test events. I could honestly write a plan myself.

This looks like the ****show we have come to expect. A new sports minister wet behind the ears from a wee village up north totally out of her depth. Her first interview a d she couldn’t say one thing. She said she didn’t even know if she could know more by April.

The only consolation is this will get very noisy while fans and let’s by honest thousands of voters watch England plan ahead and we sit on our arse.I read this yesterday and disagreed or at least found holes in every paragraph which is what messageboards are about I suppose . Noone else has questioned your arguments but I`m curious about a couple of things - " from a wee village up north " - no idea where you`re from or live but do you really think opinions of folk from north of Scotland ( in this case ) are worth less than folk from other places ? Do you really think a significant number of the public will give more importance to a football tournament especially one which is already a year behind time and being played in so many places that most people probably don`t know tournament is still scheduled to take part than a pandemic which continues to affect all of us ?

Col2
27-02-2021, 12:39 AM
Which game are you talking about ? Doubt any games in tournament are sold out given very high ticket prices . 4 Euro 20 games programmed for Hampden , only 2 with Scotland playing . Tournament is organised by UEFA so SFA not involved and not sure SFA supporters club members have any priority for tickets , many of their club members will have applied for and bought tickets already anyway . Scottish govt will be in the same situation as govts of countries of other venue cities .

Both Hampden games are sold out.

Rumble de Thump
27-02-2021, 08:16 AM
Neither Hamden game is sold out. 32% of tickets were set aside for the FAs of participating nations to distribute. The SFA hasn't got to that point as it's unclear if the matches will go ahead at Hamden, how many people will be let in etc.

Frazerbob
27-02-2021, 09:59 AM
Both Hampden games are sold out.

SSC tickets have not gone on sale yet.

I believe the Croatia v Czech game is the same time as England v Scotland so can’t see that being a huge draw with locals.

CropleyWasGod
27-02-2021, 10:57 AM
SSC tickets have not gone on sale yet.

I believe the Croatia v Czech game is the same time as England v Scotland so can’t see that being a huge draw with locals.

It's on the same day, but not the same time. I have tickets for it, and have been fretting about the logistics 😆

Frazerbob
27-02-2021, 12:09 PM
It's on the same day, but not the same time. I have tickets for it, and have been fretting about the logistics 😆

Haha would be a good double header.

CropleyWasGod
04-03-2021, 08:48 AM
https://apnews.com/article/europe-international-soccer-sports-europe-dublin-coronavirus-pandemic-15f4f23d4b6afdeece6889ae15ef1c99

SteveHFC
04-03-2021, 11:54 AM
https://twitter.com/bbcchrismclaug/status/1367448181668216841?s=21

Imagine the seething from most people (myself included) if we can’t go to Hampden but England has full capacity crowds?

PaulSmith
04-03-2021, 12:22 PM

Imagine the seething from most people (myself included) if we can’t go to Hampden but England has full capacity crowds?

I don’t think that seethe is the right word to use here.. bewilderment is more what I was thinking.

number9dream
04-03-2021, 12:28 PM
All the other nations are just guessing. They can't possibly be making cast iron guarantees. So why can't Scotland and Ireland do the same?

Glory Lurker
04-03-2021, 01:19 PM
Who do Uefa think they are? What happens if a host caves just now and says "yes" but there's a problem in that city when its game comes around that means the city can't allow people to attend? Will uefa pull the venue at the last minute? If they would then where's the point in taking assurances now? And if they wouldn't where's the need for assurances at all?

This isn't about the fans. This is about the appearance of uefa's product. There are far more important considerations just now so uefa really should just wind their neck in.

ian cruise
04-03-2021, 01:36 PM
All the other nations are just guessing. They can't possibly be making cast iron guarantees. So why can't Scotland and Ireland do the same?

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.

If we do as the Jambos did this season and give people hope of attending the game you disappoint and get grief if that can't happen.

If they take a more cautious approach and fans do get in then it's "why didn't you tell us sooner?"

Prepare for the worst hope for the best is the only thing we as fans can do right now.

CropleyWasGod
04-03-2021, 01:39 PM
Who do Uefa think they are? What happens if a host caves just now and says "yes" but there's a problem in that city when its game comes around that means the city can't allow people to attend? Will uefa pull the venue at the last minute? If they would then where's the point in taking assurances now? And if they wouldn't where's the need for assurances at all?

This isn't about the fans. This is about the appearance of uefa's product. There are far more important considerations just now so uefa really should just wind their neck in.

UEFA are a commercial organisation. As such, they have to plan their business in advance. The process they're going through just now is part of that planning. Were they not to do so, they would be leaving things too late to organise, and (rightly) come in for a lot of stick.

I think they're in a difficult position, but I can't see what else we can expect them to do 3 months out from the tournament.

SteveHFC
04-03-2021, 01:52 PM
Talk of moving any games from Dublin and Glasgow to down south.

Glory Lurker
04-03-2021, 02:36 PM
UEFA are a commercial organisation. As such, they have to plan their business in advance. The process they're going through just now is part of that planning. Were they not to do so, they would be leaving things too late to organise, and (rightly) come in for a lot of stick.

I think they're in a difficult position, but I can't see what else we can expect them to do 3 months out from the tournament.

I get that, but what use are assurances at the moment ( or in the next four weeks)? Nothing can be guaranteed, so what happens if assurances prove false in reality?

Not to take away from that, what do they mean by fans? I don't know the answer - are they talking about, in our case, punters from Glasgow or are they wanting folk from all over to be able to go? That's not aimed at you, CWG, if you don't know either!

Brummie_Hibs
04-03-2021, 03:02 PM
Not to take away from that, what do they mean by fans? I don't know the answer - are they talking about, in our case, punters from Glasgow or are they wanting folk from all over to be able to go? That's not aimed at you, CWG, if you don't know either!
In this case, fans = sponsors (probably)

CropleyWasGod
04-03-2021, 03:14 PM
I get that, but what use are assurances at the moment ( or in the next four weeks)? Nothing can be guaranteed, so what happens if assurances prove false in reality?

The bit in bold is the key thing for the SG.

If UEFA want Czechs and Croatians in Glasgow, the SG would probably say no at this stage. That leaves UEFA with a financial problem, as well as a logistical one.

If UEFA say "locals only", the SG might say yes. But that still leaves UEFA with a financial problem, in that the Czech and Croatian fans would need to be reimbursed.

Col2
04-03-2021, 04:09 PM

The problem is so many people are now risk averse to the point of 100% caution is the new normal. “Can I go for a walk with a friend Nicola?”

Col2
04-03-2021, 04:14 PM

Maybe they have a clear plan on how to restrict attendance and control it through staggered entry and exit, pre testing, 20% capacity a d have a government that can see not everything is a black or white answer? NS is opening religious venues unrestricted for Easter. 150 people in a mosque for 2 hours x 100 or 10k people outside in a 52k stadium?

lord bunberry
04-03-2021, 05:41 PM
Talk of moving any games from Dublin and Glasgow to down south.
That might be the best chance of Scotland fans seeing any games.

Col2
06-04-2021, 12:07 PM
UEFA deadline is tomorrow 7/4.

First Minister just confirmed that they are making a submission which they hope will allow “a substantial” amount of supporters into to the games at Hampden. But wouldn’t get into any of the details.

My guess would be up to 25% say c 12-13k

SteveHFC
06-04-2021, 12:55 PM

First Minister just confirmed that they are making a submission which they hope will allow “a substantial” amount of supporters into to the games at Hampden. But wouldn’t get into any of the details.

Would love to know how ticket sales will work for these games.

Billy Whizz
06-04-2021, 01:25 PM

And if fans from overseas will be allowed to attend

Phil MaGlass
06-04-2021, 01:36 PM

12-13k are rougly the amount given to sponaore from what I remember, so no Czech fans or many overseas I would think.
Oh just something I thought about, maybe its the reason why Englands opening up so quickly?

green day
06-04-2021, 01:56 PM

If UEFA want Czechs and Croatians in Glasgow, the SG would probably say no at this stage. That leaves UEFA with a financial problem, as well as a logistical one.

If UEFA say "locals only", the SG might say yes. But that still leaves UEFA with a financial problem, in that the Czech and Croatian fans would need to be reimbursed.

This is exactly it - the commercial considerations for UEFA are massive - and at the very least they want sponsors at matches. Unfortunately if those sponsors are from another country, its against the law for them to fly into Scotland (or to bypass it coming via England).

It will be interesting if UEFA do a press release suggesting that people should travel internationally - that would be "brave" at the moment...............

Maybe they have a clear plan on how to restrict attendance and control it through staggered entry and exit, pre testing, 20% capacity a d have a government that can see not everything is a black or white answer? NS is opening religious venues unrestricted for Easter. 150 people in a mosque for 2 hours x 100 or 10k people outside in a 52k stadium?

Its 50 people max (including any staff, minister, or whatever), must have done risk assessment, have minimum 2m gaps for distancing and no singing.

So you are right - totally unrestricted...................:rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
06-04-2021, 04:29 PM
Irish government not giving any reassurances about fans getting in
Not sure how many games are scheduled for Dublin

Steve88
06-04-2021, 04:35 PM
Does this thread also enable discussions about swapping doubles on my "Panini - EURO 2020" sticker album...

CropleyWasGod
06-04-2021, 04:39 PM

Likelihood is that, number wise, they have already sold the majority of the tickets that will be allowed.

Whether they match up with the nationality of those allowed is a separate issue.

WeeRussell
06-04-2021, 04:41 PM
This is exactly it - the commercial considerations for UEFA are massive - and at the very least they want sponsors at matches. Unfortunately if those sponsors are from another country, its against the law for them to fly into Scotland (or to bypass it coming via England).

It will be interesting if UEFA do a press release suggesting that people should travel internationally - that would be "brave" at the moment...............

Its 50 people max (including any staff, minister, or whatever), must have done risk assessment, have minimum 2m gaps for distancing and no singing.

So you are right - totally unrestricted...................:rolleyes:

... oh come on GD. Stop ruining his attempt to include a dig at the first minister in every post on this thread. What do facts matter?

SteveHFC
06-04-2021, 04:42 PM
Likelihood is that, number wise, they have already sold the majority of the tickets that will be allowed.

Whether they match up with the nationality of those allowed is a separate issue.

Would be really unfair on those who travel away to Kazakhstan etc to miss out.

Frazerbob
06-04-2021, 04:45 PM

Aye, me lol

I think all the pre-sold tickets will be refunded and they’ll start again. A lot will depend on if away fans are allowed to travel. I suspect not, except us to Wembley.

SteveHFC
06-04-2021, 04:48 PM
Aye, me lol

I think all the pre-sold tickets will be refunded and they’ll start again. A lot will depend on if away fans are allowed to travel. I suspect not, except us to Wembley.

I've got 11 points so hoping i can get tickets for the games. Wonder how they will use the points system for tickets.

green day
06-04-2021, 05:01 PM
... oh come on GD. Stop ruining his attempt to include a dig at the first minister in every post on this thread. What do facts matter?

Its tedious - her husband is a Hibs fan, the notion that she "has it in for fitba" is frankly ridic.

Irish government not giving any reassurances about fans getting in
Not sure how many games are scheduled for Dublin

4 matches in Dublin looking like they need to be rescheduled - probably not all to London tho, as that would mean 2 matches there the same day.

Frazerbob
06-04-2021, 05:10 PM
I've got 11 points so hoping i can get tickets for the games. Wonder how they will use the points system for tickets.

As long as there's no restrictions such as tickets going to those who live within a certain distance of the stadium, the SFA/SSC will use the usual points criteria. Only difference may be that lower points get for 1 game so more folk can get to at least one of the two home games. The rumour is circa 3k tickets for Wembley but it'll probably even less via the SSC for Hampden (based on the 12-15k crowd being talked about). Think I'm in the high 20's, so hopeful for all three games, if a crowd is in.

The Spaceman
06-04-2021, 05:11 PM

I’ve already got tickets for the Euros at Hampden bought about 2 years ago. Priority will always be given to those who took the opportunity first rather than hand it back. Worst case it’ll be a ballot for those already with tickets and a refund for those who miss out.

Frazerbob
06-04-2021, 05:14 PM
I'm hearing from folk involved in Football Supporters Europe & the Association of Tartan Army Clubs that UEFA could announce minimum capacities by the end of the week.

Frazerbob
06-04-2021, 05:23 PM
I’ve already got tickets for the Euros at Hampden bought about 2 years ago. Priority will always be given to those who took the opportunity first rather than hand it back. Worst case it’ll be a ballot for those already with tickets and a refund for those who miss out.

UEFA have already committed to ensure fans of the competing games receive their fair allocation, to be distributed by UEFA in conjunction with the respective FA's. That may not include traveling fans now for obvious reasons. They communicated a few moths ago to all pre-sale ticket holders from the ballots that they were changing the T&C's of the ticket purchase so they could cancel the purchase and refund the cost or change the venue with no refund. They also gave everyone the opportunity the get a refund then. If they didn't request the refund, they were agreeing to the new T&C's. They've almost certainly sold already sold far more tickets than will get into the grounds in the pre-sales.

superfurryhibby
06-04-2021, 05:23 PM
There should be no fans jaunting in for Euros. Hard lines and all of that, but we need to ensure that Covid variants aren’t getting introduced. Sponsors and non Scottish ( in terms of residency) fans can GTF.

Juniper Greens
06-04-2021, 05:35 PM
As long as all pre sold tickets are honoured...

Frazerbob
06-04-2021, 05:39 PM
As long as all pre sold tickets are honoured...

They won’t be I’m afraid, see my post above. It’s almost certain that far more tickets have already been sold than will be allowed in the stadium.

Col2
06-04-2021, 05:43 PM
I have two tickets from stub-hub which I have bought that were secured by someone else originally. No idea if I have a chance to go to Czech game or if I will get any money back!!! Would love to take my son even if it was a 10k crowd.

Frazerbob
06-04-2021, 08:35 PM
Just been posted by ATAC.....

‘We've recieved a communication from FSE this evening.

Several of you will have noticed that the UEFA return portal has opened up. We would recommend you NOT to encourage fans and members to ask for a refund until later this week, where "fuller information" may be known.........‘

SteveHFC
06-04-2021, 08:37 PM
Just been posted by ATAC.....

‘We've recieved a communication from FSE this evening.

Several of you will have noticed that the UEFA return portal has opened up. We would recommend you NOT to encourage fans and members to ask for a refund until later this week, where "fuller information" may be known.........‘

Must be ticket news coming in the next week or so.

Juniper Greens
06-04-2021, 09:07 PM
They won’t be I’m afraid, see my post above. It’s almost certain that far more tickets have already been sold than will be allowed in the stadium.

Yes, but pre sale tickets with addresses in the same country as the stadium itself might be a different matter?

SteveHFC
06-04-2021, 11:57 PM
THE SFA will today submit plans to get up to 15,000 fans at Hampden for Scotland's Euro 2020 opener in June, according to a report.

Scottish footie chiefs will tell Uefa on Wednesday that they hope to have between 10K to 15K supporters in the national stadium for the Czech Republic clash.

neil7908
07-04-2021, 12:31 AM
THE SFA will today submit plans to get up to 15,000 fans at Hampden for Scotland's Euro 2020 opener in June, according to a report.

Scottish footie chiefs will tell Uefa on Wednesday that they hope to have between 10K to 15K supporters in the national stadium for the Czech Republic clash.

Jesus is that it? Lucky to be a quarter full. If that's the case a lot of fans will be disappointed. I have 4 tickets and will be absolutely gutted if we can't go.

SteveHFC
07-04-2021, 12:41 AM
Jesus is that it? Lucky to be a quarter full. If that's the case a lot of fans will be disappointed. I have 4 tickets and will be absolutely gutted if we can't go.

After reading that I'll be surprised if i have enough points through the SFA for tickets at all.

Bristolhibby
07-04-2021, 07:20 AM
Being a long travelling SSC member and a purely selfish point of view I want all tickets cancelled and the SSC to allocate based on points.

Those of us who have put in the hard miles should get first dibs in the post COVID payoff.

Over the years I’ve seen

Wales 4-0 Scotland
Macedonia 1-0 Scotland
Georgia 1-0 Scotland
Norway 4-0 Scotland
Wales 3-0 Scotland
Scotland 0-3 Hungary
France 3-0 Scotland

All off the top of my head.

I’ve earned this tournament.

J

Bristolhibby
07-04-2021, 07:27 AM

Yes, but the Scotland fans will buy those tickets. You could sell Hampden 4 times over for these games!

If the SG have to guarantee fans, just guarantee them. If the **** hits the fan then backtrack.

If the sticking point is non U.K. based fans then I can understand the reluctance to commit.

J

Bristolhibby
07-04-2021, 07:30 AM

Agreed. If you were there for that one you should get hospitality at Hampden!

J

Bristolhibby
07-04-2021, 07:32 AM
Its tedious - her husband is a Hibs fan, the notion that she "has it in for fitba" is frankly ridic.

4 matches in Dublin looking like they need to be rescheduled - probably not all to London tho, as that would mean 2 matches there the same day.

London can cope with two games on the same day.

Wembley
Tottenham
Arsenal
Twickenham
Olympic

All massive and can all be used.

J

The Spaceman
07-04-2021, 07:35 AM
Being a long travelling SSC member and a purely selfish point of view I want all tickets cancelled and the SSC to allocate based on points.

Those of us who have put in the hard miles should get first dibs in the post COVID payoff.

Over the years I’ve seen

Wales 4-0 Scotland
Macedonia 1-0 Scotland
Georgia 1-0 Scotland
Norway 4-0 Scotland
Wales 3-0 Scotland
Scotland 0-3 Hungary
France 3-0 Scotland

All off the top of my head.

I’ve earned this tournament.

J

Maybe should have bought some tickets for Hampden then!

Bristolhibby
07-04-2021, 08:02 AM
Maybe should have bought some tickets for Hampden then!

Just regaling you of my particular lowlights following Scotland.

Don’t worry, I get to Hampden away games a fair bit.

Didn’t think Scotland 2-2 Czech Republic disappointment
1-2 v Italy or 2-2 v England blown in the last seconds made the point of “hard miles”.

TBH living in the South West of England, these are equally hard for me to get to, so maybe I should have included them.

J

bod
07-04-2021, 08:15 AM
I’m in the top tier of the SSC so hopefully / selfishly the members get 1st dibs

Frazerbob
07-04-2021, 09:13 AM
Agreed. If you were there for that one you should get hospitality at Hampden!

J

Despite the score, it was probably in my top 3 trips. Loved the place so much I went back for a longer visit en route to the Moscow game a few months later.

B.H.F.C
07-04-2021, 09:57 AM
Just regaling you of my particular lowlights following Scotland.

Don’t worry, I get to Hampden away games a fair bit.

Didn’t think Scotland 2-2 Czech Republic disappointment
1-2 v Italy or 2-2 v England blown in the last seconds made the point of “hard miles”.

TBH living in the South West of England, these are equally hard for me to get to, so maybe I should have included them.

J

Debates around loyalty points and attendance earning you the right to a ticket don’t usually go well on here!

Moulin Yarns
07-04-2021, 10:08 AM
I wonder if the Scottish government will see the games at Hampden as test events, without the risk of them being blamed if there is a spike in cases after?

Bristolhibby
07-04-2021, 10:58 AM
Debates around loyalty points and attendance earning you the right to a ticket don’t usually go well on here!

Haha. Put the can of worms down and step away!

J

green day
07-04-2021, 11:33 AM
London can cope with two games on the same day.

Wembley
Tottenham
Arsenal
Twickenham
Olympic

All massive and can all be used.

J

Police have said they cant deal with 2 events of that scale on same day, nothing to do with stadiums.

ronaldo7
07-04-2021, 03:14 PM
I wonder if the Scottish government will see the games at Hampden as test events, without the risk of them being blamed if there is a spike in cases after?

The SG have given the go ahead for 25% capacity of Hampden for fans at Euros.

Frazerbob
07-04-2021, 03:21 PM
"On 9 April UEFA will be in contact with all ticket holders advising them on the latest tournament arrangements including ticketing and travel information."

Brummie_Hibs
07-04-2021, 04:06 PM
Possibily 2000 for SSC = 15pts.

SteveHFC
07-04-2021, 06:15 PM
Possibily 2000 for SSC = 15pts.

Will be interesting to see how they will do the tickets but I’m expecting no chance to get tickets for the Hampden games but hopeful of a Wembley ticket.

Del Boy
07-04-2021, 06:19 PM
Is there any chance of it being increased to more than 25% nearer the time if things are looking good in Scotland?

Brummie_Hibs
07-04-2021, 09:17 PM
Is there any chance of it being increased to more than 25% nearer the time if things are looking good in Scotland?
I'll have a wee word in a few ears and see what I can do...

MartinfaePorty
07-04-2021, 10:25 PM
Possibily 2000 for SSC = 15pts.Just checked and I'm on 16 points, so here's hoping!

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

SteveHFC
08-04-2021, 11:08 PM
https://twitter.com/BarryAnderson_/status/1380277318514577409?s=20

Anyone with 11 points and above in the SSC will be guaranteed a ticket for Wembley. Luckily I have 11 points. :greengrin

Brummie_Hibs
09-04-2021, 03:37 PM
https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/mediaservices/mediareleases/news/0268-11fff5dff16f-4cf8e9e33935-1000--eight-uefa-euro-2020-hosts-confirm-matches-with-spectators/

CropleyWasGod
09-04-2021, 04:23 PM
UEFA have announced that there is a final opportunity for refunds.

After that, if necessary, there will be a ballot to reduce the attendance of each venue. Any tickets that are not successful in the ballot will be refunded.

Frazerbob
09-04-2021, 05:25 PM
The 4 nations who qualified via the play offs will receive their 16% allocation of tickets, to be sold via the UEFA portal in conjunction with their respective ticket distribution policies. So SSC will get tickets based on the points system. Just under 2000 for the Hampden games and 3500 for Wembley. As predicted, some pre-sales tickets may be cancelled and refunded depending on the latest cancellation window numbers.

Radium
09-04-2021, 05:26 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210409/b35f79d90cf2df54022a26cc80b4054f.png

Not sure if this is the experience that many will want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AugustaHibs
09-04-2021, 05:32 PM

Sounds brutal imo. Be better off meeting up with loads of pals watching if

Perfectly Loud
09-04-2021, 05:42 PM
As Norman Stanley Fletcher enquires of Mr. Mackay at the end of Mr. Mackay's induction patter: "Is the ball & chain worn inside or outside the trouser leg?"

Glory Lurker
09-04-2021, 06:20 PM
To see Scotland in the finals of a championship for the first time in 23 years, in the midst of a global pandemic? I'd take that in a heartbeat. Is anyone on 11+ points complaining about it?

SteveHFC
09-04-2021, 06:32 PM
To see Scotland in the finals of a championship for the first time in 23 years, in the midst of a global pandemic? I'd take that in a heartbeat. Is anyone on 11+ points complaining about it?

I have 11 points. Not expecting to get any Hampden tickets but should be sorted for Wembley :greengrin

Glory Lurker
09-04-2021, 06:33 PM
I have 11 points. Not expecting to get any Hampden tickets but should sorted for Wembley :greengrin

Enjoy, chief!

SteveHFC
09-04-2021, 06:36 PM
Enjoy, chief!

:hyper

Brummie_Hibs
09-04-2021, 06:50 PM
30 points - think I have a chance!

Col2
09-04-2021, 08:12 PM
I assume UEFA announcement means that if they have already sold over 12k once refunds confirmed by 22nd April than it’s a ballot with the net amount and if it’s less than 12k then the gap filled by tartan army tickets? Is that right?

Sir David Gray
09-04-2021, 08:18 PM

That sounds hellish to be honest.

Diclonius
09-04-2021, 08:38 PM

That will literally not happen.

CropleyWasGod
09-04-2021, 08:57 PM
I assume UEFA announcement means that if they have already sold over 12k once refunds confirmed by 22nd April than it’s a ballot with the net amount and if it’s less than 12k then the gap filled by tartan army tickets? Is that right?

You're right about the ballot. It's not clear what happens if there is an under-subscription

SteveHFC
09-04-2021, 09:05 PM
That will literally not happen.

Can you imagine if Nisbet scores a last minute winner at Wembley?

No chance fans will stay in their seats.

Diclonius
09-04-2021, 11:10 PM
Can you imagine if Nisbet scores a last minute winner at Wembley?

No chance fans will stay in their seats.

Exactly. Damage limitation at best.

Ronniekirk
10-04-2021, 12:29 AM
Are you allowed to go to the toilet and is it one in one out ffs

neil7908
10-04-2021, 08:15 AM

I was so excited for the Euros and delighted to get tickets to a few decent games for me and 3 mates.

But this sounds pretty brutal. Is the suggestion here that if I traveled with 3 other people we'd get to the ground and have to sit socially distanced from each other? Total nonsense if true.

Got tickets for Scotland vs Czech Republic, the last 16 at Hampden and the Semi final at Wembley. Hoping I'll get to at least one of those games and that maybe things will have eased up a bit by then.

Sir David Gray
10-04-2021, 08:30 AM
I was so excited for the Euros and delighted to get tickets to a few decent games for me and 3 mates.

But this sounds pretty brutal. Is the suggestion here that if I traveled with 3 other people we'd get to the ground and have to sit socially distanced from each other? Total nonsense if true.

Got tickets for Scotland vs Czech Republic, the last 16 at Hampden and the Semi final at Wembley. Hoping I'll get to at least one of those games and that maybe things will have eased up a bit by then.

It sounds like you won't be able to sit right next to anyone who you don't live with.

bod
10-04-2021, 01:21 PM

They give you a bottle of fabric conditioner to pee in

It’s not called comfort for nothing

I’ll get me coat

Ronniekirk
10-04-2021, 02:25 PM
They give you a bottle of fabric conditioner to pee in

It’s not called comfort for nothing

I’ll get me coat

Lol

CorrieHibs
12-04-2021, 05:32 PM
Is anyone still planning on going down to London without tickets?

Frazerbob
12-04-2021, 06:07 PM
Below is an update from a couple of representatives of the Association of Tartan Army Clubs who met with various steak holders last week. Some good info for those planning on travelling to London.

**** For Release Around Clubs ****

Good morning. Hope everyone is keeping well and is slightly buoyed by yesterday’s news which is as close as we can get to a guarantee of having fans inside Hampden for the Euro matches there.

Graeme and I attended an online meeting on Wednesday that was hosted by the MET Police’s Lead Planner for the Euros. We were there to get a fan perspective of Scotland fans attending Wembley for the match on 18 June. We got invited through our association with Football Supporters Europe (FSE) and others on the call included the Security Lead and Euros Project Leader from the FA, two reps from Police Scotland, various tournament London fanzone managers, a few other MET Police and Football Intelligence staff and various reps for the Greater London Authority (GLA) which I think is effectively the body that runs public services etc in London on behalf of the Mayor. There were about 15 of us in total.

Note that I had invited the SFA to attend at the end of the previous week but they didn’t get back to me. On the call I suggested that they get invited “officially” when this group next reconvenes.

We discussed quite a lot of things which I will aim to cover below but the overriding message that Graeme and I took from this meeting is that they seem to have an expectation that Scotland fans will be present at our group match at Wembley. I also raised the point that we would also be expecting to be present at Wembley for the semi finals and final as well. You can imagine the reaction that received 😊. I did point out that ATAC will be pushing out a message saying not to travel unless you have a match ticket. Regardless of what messages we, the SFA or ScotGov push out there will always be fans who travel down. Additionally there are many Scots in and around London who will converge in conjunction with our game.

Here is what my notes say we covered. Graeme will possibly have some more to add or to correct me on. The group will be meeting again so we can continue dialogue as we go.

Fanzones
Trafalgar Square will be the official London fanzone during the tournament. Access will be ticketed and it will open 3 hours before each match. The expectation is that this is somewhere for fans to watch matches on big screens – it is not being designed as a pre-match drinking venue. There will be an open ballot for tickets which will open a few days before each scheduled match. Tickets will be free.

They are working on two models. One, if social distancing etc is in place, will mean up to 700 people sat down at picnic bench style seating in groups of 4. The other model is for no social distancing and will cater for up to 10,000. It may be that access to the fanzone requires some proof of a negative test/vaccination/immunity but this hasn’t been decided yet.

The Football Village will be at Pettersfield which is right next door to the Mayor’s office on the South Bank between London Bridge and Tower Bridge. This is being designed as a family friendly zone. Having the official fanzone in Trafalgar Sq means that the police etc will not be wanting the usual pre-match rammy of Scotland fans around there. This is a message we will possibly need to push out. More fanzone info can be seen here https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/euro-2020-trafalgar-square-fan-zone-faqs

Transport
Rail routes should be open but they will be strictly advanced purchase tickets only. They have asked West Coast Mainline to increase capacity. They have asked West Coast Mainline to increase capacity. Trains may be dry. They will be encouraging Scotland fans who arrive by train to stay over in London as time will be extremely tight to catch the last train up the road post-match. National Coach should be offering a full service.

There will be plenty space for coach parking and there will be a coach parking tool to use to book spaces for buses. A few of the bus parks are a bit away from Wembley so for these ones they are hoping to run a shuttle to get fans back and forward. There will be no car parking around Wembley and they suggested North of the stadium for parking and then getting the tube in to the stadium. They mentioned Ruislip and Stanmore as options to park and get the tube to Wembley. They are hopeful of getting government subsidy to keep local transport costs down if social distancing remains in place. With regard to car parking, fans may wish to try Hillingdon and Uxbridge along with Harrow on the Hill. All these place are on the Met line direct into Wembley and central London.

Capacity
FA are aiming for 25% for the Wembley group matches. They are looking to have slightly more for the next set of matches. And they are hopeful of an increased capacity for the semis and final. They are expecting UEFA to allow them to announce these higher capacities closer to the start of the tournament and dependent on how things go. Understandable as we all know that everything can change at a moments notice with the virus.

For the various Wembley test events that are coming up they will be doing some lateral flow testing. For the first two small scale tests they are suggesting at least two tests before the event and one after. UEFA may look at proof of negative tests, proof of vaccination or some other proof of immunity but it has yet to be decided. Obviously the local government may look to introduce and enforce that too.

Alcohol
Something that UEFA are keen for is for alcohol to be sold at the stadium due to their sponsors. The first two small test events will have alcohol sales and they will decide after that.

That was the main points I have noted. Obviously all of the above can change at short notice. This group will continue to meet and I am hopeful that there will be an SFA presence at future ones. No doubt the SFA will be having similar meetings for the Hampden matches with Police Scotland, Glasgow Council, ScotGov etc. I will be passing some of this info on to the SFA as a matter of courtesy in any case.

I’d be disappointed if this didn’t generate a million questions from you and your clubs. Please feel free to fire some our way but be conscious that there are still many unknowns.

Martin

green day
12-04-2021, 06:23 PM
Is anyone still planning on going down to London without tickets?

Group of us are. Still not 100% nailed yet, obviously !

Nakedmanoncrack
12-04-2021, 08:05 PM
I've got tickets for both games at Hampden (for now anyway) and have a good chance of a ticket for Wembley assuming a ticket allocation in line with what's been reported, but finding it hard to get excited about being part of a sparse 12k crowd at Hampden or 25K at Wembley to be honest.

SteveHFC
12-04-2021, 08:36 PM
I've got tickets for both games at Hampden (for now anyway) and have a good chance of a ticket for Wembley assuming a ticket allocation in line with what's been reported, but finding it hard to get excited about being part of a sparse 12k crowd at Hampden or 25K at Wembley to be honest.

I’m guaranteed a ticket for Wembley but will miss out on Hampden due to not having enough points. I do wonder how they will sell the tickets to the SSC.

SteveHFC
14-04-2021, 01:18 PM
With just two months until our opening UEFA EURO 2020 match against Czech Republic, we have had confirmation approximately 12,000 fans will be allowed into Hampden.
UEFA will be issuing an email to all ticket holders shortly to advise on the returns process for those fans who decide not to travel and next steps.
We will be in touch with Scotland Supporters Club members once we have confirmation of potential allocations from UEFA.

Email from the SSC today.

Bristolhibby
14-04-2021, 01:42 PM
I’m guaranteed a ticket for Wembley but will miss out on Hampden due to not having enough points. I do wonder how they will sell the tickets to the SSC.

I wonder if there will be more tickets as Czechia and Croats maybe pull out of travelling.

There have been some nightmares, especially the Welsh travelling fans. With Azerbaijan and Rome being a nightmare with visas and potential quarantine.

J

tamig
14-04-2021, 01:51 PM

Thats the usual Hampden bog experience anyway.

Glory Lurker
16-04-2021, 01:27 PM
Ryan Jack's season is over and he's not going to be part of the squad. Bad news.

CMurdoch
16-04-2021, 05:50 PM
Ryan Jack's season is over and he's not going to be part of the squad. Bad news.

McBurnie and Jack out in the same week.
Jack is a different type of player from the other midfielders and a loss from Clarke's team plan.

Brummie_Hibs
05-05-2021, 08:35 AM
https://www.associationoftartanarmyclubs.com/2021/05/05/meeting-2-with-london-host-city-stakeholders-30-04-2021/

SteveHFC
06-05-2021, 12:51 AM
THE Tartan Army will be banned from celebrating together at the Euros - after UEFA ruled fans must sit alone with a four seat gap to the next person.The measures will apply to our group matches at Hampden against the Czech Republic and Croatia, as well as the clash with England at Wembley.
Scotland supporters bosses were told at a summit with tourney chiefs that even families from the same household won’t be able to sit next to each other.
The meeting last week heard that the stadium will have 25 per cent capacity meaning 3600 Scots will be allowed in.
The Association of Tartan Army Clubs said in an update: “We asked if bubble/same household seating would likely offer the opportunity of a small increase in our allocation.
“However it appears a directive from UEFA states that ALL seats will be socially distanced, and have 3 or 4 between them, irrespective of who you order with.
“The current English roadmap suggests that they may move from 25% to 50% capacity between their 2nd and 3rd group games.
“Current plans are that all their group matches will be at 25%. Any move to 50% would be based on test event data.
“This will be important to us for when we play our semi final and final at Wembley!!!”
The meeting was attended by ATAC Chair Martin Riddell and Vice Chair Graeme Baxter.
They discussed plans with representatives from the Met Police, English FA, Police Scotland, London Mayor’s office, British Transport Police and supporters groups from our opponents England, Czech Republic and Croatia.
Supporters also won’t be allowed to have a bevy on the underground to the match - and trains to London are set to be booze free.
The ATAC said: “No drinking alcohol is permitted on the underground.
“Dry trains may be implemented in the day running up to the match, although a decision has not yet been made. Alcohol is currently not allowed on trains due to Covid restrictions.”
And it’s bad news for fans wanting to descend on the traditional pre-match party HQ at Trafalgar Square.
The fans group said: “The Trafalgar Square fan zone mentioned last month will be in operation for all matches at Wembley and all England fixtures.
“No decision yet on the capacity but as stated last month, this is for watching matches rather than a pre-match party. It will be ticketed.
“We asked for alternative suggestions for Scotland fans to gather at but there are currently no plans for this."
Last night Iain Emerson, editor of the Famous Tartan Army Magazine said: “It seems very strange that fans from the same bubble cant sit next to each other.
“The snooker final on Sunday had fans all next to each other and that was indoors. And the FA Cup final had fans together. And there was 3000 people for an indoor rave in Liverpool.
“As far as I know there haven’t been any issues since these vents. If fans have to show a negative test result then I think that’s fair enough, but it should mean they can sit next to their family and friends.
“When, not if, Scotland score I can’t see fans not grabbing the person closest to them. I’ve never been to a match and not cuddled anyone.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7067396/scotland-fans-banned-celebrating-together-euros-uefa/

Pretty Boy
06-05-2021, 06:50 AM
https://www.associationoftartanarmyclubs.com/2021/05/05/meeting-2-with-london-host-city-stakeholders-30-04-2021/

I've just cancelled my trip to London.

It's nobody's fault but that just sounds absolutely crap. I'll have more fun watching it here with some mates having a few cans.

Frazerbob
06-05-2021, 06:59 AM
I hope the bandwagon jumpers, who have no chance of a ticket, who are booked to go for a piss up in Trafalgar Square realise it’s not happening this time and pubs will be near impossible to get in to so cancel their plans. This is not a normal Wembley trip.

SteveHFC
06-05-2021, 03:49 PM
Email from the SSC this afternoon confirms they are still waiting on ticket allocation from Uefa.

hibbysam
06-05-2021, 08:03 PM
I hope the bandwagon jumpers, who have no chance of a ticket, who are booked to go for a piss up in Trafalgar Square realise it’s not happening this time and pubs will be near impossible to get in to so cancel their plans. This is not a normal Wembley trip.

Why would you hope fans cancel their plans? If they want to go let them. Won’t be impossible to get into pubs, I’ve already booked into a number of them, Hyde park is sounding like a realistic piss up option on the Friday. London in the sun will be glorious along with thousands of other Scots!

Frazerbob
06-05-2021, 09:26 PM
That’s the reverse ticket ballot emails starting to be sent out by UEFA.

SteveHFC
06-05-2021, 09:38 PM
That’s the reverse ticket ballot emails starting to be sent out by UEFA.

Any luck mate or you still waiting on the SSC allocation like me :greengrin

Frazerbob
06-05-2021, 10:01 PM
Any luck mate or you still waiting on the SSC allocation like me :greengrin

I’m waiting on the PNA tickets via SSC.

Frazerbob
06-05-2021, 10:04 PM
Why would you hope fans cancel their plans? If they want to go let them. Won’t be impossible to get into pubs, I’ve already booked into a number of them, Hyde park is sounding like a realistic piss up option on the Friday. London in the sun will be glorious along with thousands of other Scots!

Because I suspect London is going to be difficult enough to get in anywhere without thousands of ticketless fans. It’s proving impossible to find venues for organising club gatherings and with the police unable to let us know which areas near the stadium will be available and pubs waiting on the rules changing, it’s going to be very last minute. Current regulations mean pubs are operating at 30% capacity.

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2021, 03:59 PM
kenny McLean appeared on crutches at the end of the Norwich game, Lyndon Dykes injured before HT in QPR game didn't appear 2nd half

Bristolhibby
08-05-2021, 06:51 PM
Because I suspect London is going to be difficult enough to get in anywhere without thousands of ticketless fans. It’s proving impossible to find venues for organising club gatherings and with the police unable to let us know which areas near the stadium will be available and pubs waiting on the rules changing, it’s going to be very last minute. Current regulations mean pubs are operating at 30% capacity.

Also remember the Johnny come lately England fans who come out every two years for a tournament will be coming out to the pubs to watch the game in droves, London has a population of 8 million.

If I don’t get a ticket I’ll be watching at home. It just won’t be the same. Was at Wembley in 2013 and 2016, it just won’t be the same this time.

J

neil7908
09-05-2021, 12:59 PM
Has there been any chat about how they are going to decide who goes to these games?

I have tickets for x2 games at Hampden and the Semi final at Wembley. The Hampden games aren't a big issue for me if its decided last minute but I'll still need to book time off work etc.

I'll need to know soon for the Wembley game as will need to be sort out a couple days off work at least, plus trains, hotel etc.

They really need to let fans know ASAP.

SteveHFC
09-05-2021, 01:01 PM
Has there been any chat about how they are going to decide who goes to these games?

I have tickets for x2 games at Hampden and the Semi final at Wembley. The Hampden games aren't a big issue for me if its decided last minute but I'll still need to book time off work etc.

I'll need to know soon for the Wembley game as will need to be sort out a couple days off work at least, plus trains, hotel etc.

They really need to let fans know ASAP.

Have seen people getting refunds for these games. Check your Uefa account mate.

Hiber-nation
09-05-2021, 01:08 PM

Got my email from UEFA last night, balloted out and getting a refund. Gutted but no surprise.

"We are sorry to inform you that your ticket(s) for UEFA EURO 2020 have been cancelled as per the ballot process for matches where the number of sold tickets exceeded the new permitted seating capacities. For tickets purchased through the Participating National Associations sales programme, the rules of the respective fan clubs were applied."

hibbysam
09-05-2021, 01:10 PM

That’s up to individuals to decide, you are allowed to travel around the UK now and whether folk like it or not, there will be thousands of fans going down, the trains and planes are already rammed. Atmosphere will be outstanding and I’m delighted the fans are heading down in numbers.

Frazerbob
09-05-2021, 04:29 PM
That’s up to individuals to decide, you are allowed to travel around the UK now and whether folk like it or not, there will be thousands of fans going down, the trains and planes are already rammed. Atmosphere will be outstanding and I’m delighted the fans are heading down in numbers.

Did I say it wasn’t up to the individual to decide? I just expressed my opinion that I hope they decide not to travel and gave my reasons for coming to that opinion. Your opinion is different and you are as entitled to that opinion as I am mine.

I genuinely think the atmosphere will not compare to previous Wembley trips, for obvious reasons. It definitely won’t compare to 96 unfortunately. Hope the result doesn’t either.

hibbysam
09-05-2021, 04:33 PM
Did I say it wasn’t up to the individual to decide? I just expressed my opinion that I hope they decide not to travel and gave my reasons for coming to that opinion. Your opinion is different and you are as entitled to that opinion as I am mine.

I genuinely think the atmosphere will not compare to previous Wembley trips, for obvious reasons. It definitely won’t compare to 96 unfortunately. Hope the result doesn’t either.

Whether it compares or not (I was 3 so would have no idea), I’ve no doubt it’ll still be a cracking atmosphere which I can’t wait for.

neil7908
09-05-2021, 06:32 PM

Cheers, had a look and definitely no email or anything on my account. Will keep an eye out.

Sammy7nil
09-05-2021, 06:45 PM
I know lots of peeps going without tickets the price of train and air fares are getting silly

Sweet Left Peg
09-05-2021, 08:05 PM
Got my email from UEFA last night, balloted out and getting a refund. Gutted but no surprise.

"We are sorry to inform you that your ticket(s) for UEFA EURO 2020 have been cancelled as per the ballot process for matches where the number of sold tickets exceeded the new permitted seating capacities. For tickets purchased through the Participating National Associations sales programme, the rules of the respective fan clubs were applied."

Got the same email. Absolutely gutted to miss the Croatia game. I still have tickets, at the moment, for the knockout game at Hampden which could potentially involve Scotland. If UEFA ballot holders exceeded the allowable capacity then I can't see how the SSC will get any allocation.

SteveHFC
09-05-2021, 08:09 PM
Got the same email. Absolutely gutted to miss the Croatia game. I still have tickets, at the moment, for the knockout game at Hampden which could potentially involve Scotland. If UEFA ballot holders exceeded the allowable capacity then I can't see how the SSC will get any allocation.

The SSC are getting 20% of tickets for each game.

Frazerbob
10-05-2021, 08:51 AM
The SSC are getting 20% of tickets for each game.

The Participating Nations Allowance is 16% of the available capacity. Wembley around 3500, Hampden around 2000. 11 points should get you a ticket for Wembley and 16 points for Hampden. That's assuming they use the same criteria for each game. They may split it so more folk get 1 ticket rather than the same folk get 3 tickets.

Brummie_Hibs
10-05-2021, 10:12 AM
I agree - it won't compare in the slightest to any of the games Scotland have played in London in the last few decades (England, Nigeria, Brazil).

Trafalgar Square will be a no go area due to fan zone, and pubs will be mobbed in reduced capacity, most likely by English fans and folk just enjoying the new freedoms in the summer.

I live down here and have friends coming down (maybe) and I'm at a loss what to plan.

Talk of having to get to stadiums 3 hours before KO for timed tickets and all the medical and security checks. Also stories of the rigmarole of getting into the recent League Cup Final at Wembley means it'll be a duty rather than a pleasure to attend.

cabbageandribs1875
11-05-2021, 11:02 AM
Kenny McLean is out of the Euros with knee injury

Onceinawhile
11-05-2021, 12:03 PM
Level 1 from 7 June. Per the government website that allows for stadiums and events at maximum attendance.

Could we get 50,000 at hampden for the euros?

SteveHFC
13-05-2021, 01:09 AM
I am a fan of England, North Macedonia, Poland, Scotland, Slovakia, Spain or Sweden. When will tickets go on sale?
Tickets for the matches of the teams mentioned above will go on sale in May, after we know the final capacities of the stadia and after the necessary ticket cancellations have been completed.

From the UEFA website.

Brummie_Hibs
14-05-2021, 12:07 PM
SSC Official Emails Dropped:

UEFA has now confirmed the ticket allocations for our three group stage matches in UEFA EURO 2020. All available tickets for Scotland supporters will be sold exclusively to SSC Members, using the Loyalty Points system to prioritise access. Allocations for our Group D fixtures are listed below:

Scotland v Czech Republic, 14 June 2021
1,972 standard seat tickets: Available to members with 15 Loyalty Points and above
8 Wheelchair Bays & 8 PA: Available to members with 12 Loyalty Points and above
5 Easy Access & 5 PA: Available to members with 20 Loyalty Points and above

England v Scotland, 18 June 2021
2,655 standard seat tickets: Available to members with 13 Loyalty Points and above
25 Wheelchair Bays & 25 PA: Available to members with 8 Loyalty Points and above

Croatia v Scotland, 22 June 2021
1,940 standard seat tickets: Available to members with 15 Loyalty Points and above

UEFA EURO 2020 TICKET SALES PROCESS
Sales will begin at 1pm on Tuesday, 18 May and will remain open until 1pm on Tuesday, 25 May. Eligible members with enough loyalty points will be emailed an access link on Monday, 17 May. These links are unique to each member and must be used when applying for a ticket. You can only use the link once for each relevant match and it must not be transferred to anyone else.

As UEFA is conducting this sale, there is no set sales schedule based on loyalty points, as there would be for an away qualifier. However, we will keep in close contact with UEFA about the progress of sales and should there still be tickets available, we will issue further access code links to the next points’ level.

SteveHFC
14-05-2021, 12:10 PM
SSC Official Emails Dropped:

UEFA has now confirmed the ticket allocations for our three group stage matches in UEFA EURO 2020. All available tickets for Scotland supporters will be sold exclusively to SSC Members, using the Loyalty Points system to prioritise access. Allocations for our Group D fixtures are listed below:

Scotland v Czech Republic, 14 June 2021
1,972 standard seat tickets: Available to members with 15 Loyalty Points and above

England v Scotland, 18 June 2021
2,655 standard seat tickets: Available to members with 13 Loyalty Points and above
25 Wheelchair Bays & 25 PA: Available to members with 8 Loyalty Points and above

Croatia v Scotland, 22 June 2021
1,940 standard seat tickets: Available to members with 15 Loyalty Points and above

UEFA EURO 2020 TICKET SALES PROCESS
Sales will begin at 1pm on Tuesday, 18 May and will remain open until 1pm on Tuesday, 25 May. Eligible members with enough loyalty points will be emailed an access link on Monday, 17 May. These links are unique to each member and must be used when applying for a ticket. You can only use the link once for each relevant match and it must not be transferred to anyone else.

As UEFA is conducting this sale, there is no set sales schedule based on loyalty points, as there would be for an away qualifier. However, we will keep in close contact with UEFA about the progress of sales and should there still be tickets available, we will issue further access code links to the next points’ level.

Just miss out on England-Scotland by 2 points. Gutted.

Brummie_Hibs
14-05-2021, 12:19 PM
Not everybody will go - keep the faith.

I have a friend who is swithering because he can't be bothered with the hassle of getting in.

easty
14-05-2021, 12:30 PM
I’m going down, but I’ll have no chance of a ticket.

davhibby
14-05-2021, 01:01 PM

I’d be quietly confident if I were you, I’d say there’s a good chance of it getting down to 11 for Wembley possibly even 10

Steven79
14-05-2021, 01:11 PM
Level 1 from 7 June. Per the government website that allows for stadiums and events at maximum attendance.

Could we get 50,000 at hampden for the euros?

No chance!

SteveHFC
14-05-2021, 01:12 PM
I’d be quietly confident if I were you, I’d say there’s a good chance of it getting down to 11 for Wembley possibly even 10

Will keep an eye out mate. :aok:

Bristolhibby
15-05-2021, 07:08 AM

I’m on 9, pretty sure I’m stuffed. Unless enough people baulk at €180 tickets.

J