PDA

View Full Version : Next 5 Games

gbhibby
06-02-2021, 09:02 PM
We should be looking to win these games to make a statement. The performance level has improved so let's keep it going. We have alternatives in most positions now. What is a realistic expectation of how many points we can get from these games?

S4uzee
06-02-2021, 09:04 PM
One game at a time

The last time there was a thread like this, we were guaranteed 6 points at home to Ross County and Livingston ...

hibbysam
06-02-2021, 09:08 PM
One game at a time

The last time there was a thread like this, we were guaranteed 6 points at home to Ross County and Livingston ...

No quite, there was one at the start of this run of games starting with Rangers, hasn’t worked out too badly.

B.H.F.C
06-02-2021, 09:18 PM
Honestly think we have an opportunity to make third place almost a certainty by the time we get to the split.

The sheep aren’t in a good place and we’ve got a bit momentum now. We’ve got a good run of fixtures in to the split. Today was a massive result.

el hibs
06-02-2021, 09:38 PM
We should be looking to win these games to make a statement. The performance level has improved so let's keep it going. We have alternatives in most positions now. What is a realistic expectation of how many points we can get from these games?

If we win 4 of them we will be in an excellent position before the split. 5 from 5 and we can look at what Celtic have achieved in that time. The reality will kick in at some point but hoping for the best.

bingo70
06-02-2021, 10:04 PM
Honestly think we have an opportunity to make third place almost a certainty by the time we get to the split.

The sheep aren’t in a good place and we’ve got a bit momentum now. We’ve got a good run of fixtures in to the split. Today was a massive result.

Win the next 5 and we may be looking for more than 3rd place 😉

Celtic got some horrible fixtures before the split.

Not sure on the exact order but they’ve still got to play:-

St Mirren away
St Johnstone away
Aberdeen at home x 2
Ross county away
Dundee United away
Rangers at Home

If we can get a decent points total out the next 5 we might not be a million miles behind them.

B.H.F.C
06-02-2021, 10:07 PM
Win the next 5 and we may be looking for more than 3rd place 😉

Celtic got some horrible fixtures before the split.

Not sure on the exact order but they’ve still got to play:-

St Mirren away
St Johnstone away
Aberdeen at home x 2
Ross county away
Dundee United away
Rangers at Home

If we can get a decent points total out the next 5 we might not be a million miles behind them.

I don’t think we’ll win five but I also don’t think we’ll need to win five to extend our current lead on the sheep.

bingo70
06-02-2021, 10:09 PM
I don’t think we’ll win five but I also don’t think we’ll need to win five to extend our current lead on the sheep.

Agreed

hibbysam
06-02-2021, 10:14 PM

Next couple are huge as if we win them it’ll negate the sheep’s game in hand, and put them under all sorts of pressure. We’d be minimum 5 clear but with even more games ticked off.