PDA

View Full Version : Depth

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-02-2021, 08:51 PM
Winning games without Porteous, Newell and Nisbet in the starting line up. 3 consistent performers right through the spine over the first half of the season

Would also add that signing Cadden and Irvine has given us versatility and competition which has cranked performance levels right up

H18 SFR
06-02-2021, 09:39 PM
If anything we look stronger without Ryan in the team based on his level of performance over the last 6-8 games or so.

Porteous is a huge talent with bucket loads of potential, being so Young in an unforgiving position where any small mistake can result in a goal, it’s not a surprise that he’s had a wee sticky spell. I’m sure Ross will carefully reintroduce him into the team but I don’t envy him trying to get in the team ahead of big Daz at the min - he was excellent again.

hibbysam
06-02-2021, 09:42 PM
Those three plus Magennis who we have very high hopes for. Type of game that is perfect for Lewis to have his cameo’s in as well. Squad is in a very good place just now and bodes very well for the end of the season. Aberdeen seem to be getting big injuries every week just now and Livi showed today they were always going to be too far back to challenge (the run wasn’t going to last forever).

Unseen work
06-02-2021, 09:42 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens with Nisbet and Porteous.

I imagine Hibs will want them back in the team to keep stock high and earn a good fee when they do eventually move, but if you’re winning games without them you can’t justify changing it to fit them in.

Nisbet has a chance to replace Doidge purely based on lack of goals, but he offers a lot for us even when he’s not scoring.

Since452
06-02-2021, 09:43 PM
Winning games without Porteous, Newell and Nisbet in the starting line up. 3 consistent performers right through the spine over the first half of the season

Would also add that signing Cadden and Irvine has given us versatility and competition which has cranked performance levels right up

£4m+ of talent missing? Nae bother

hibee-boys
06-02-2021, 09:48 PM
I can’t see Jack Ross changing a winning team, especially when we’ve got a mid week break this week. However, ‘if’ Nisbet and Porteous don’t see a lot of football between now and the end of the season will that de-value them perhaps? Nisbet will be itching to get some game time to try and force his way into the Scotland squad as well.

Since452
06-02-2021, 09:49 PM
Credit to Ross for assembling a very strong squad

hibbysam
06-02-2021, 09:49 PM
I can’t see Jack Ross changing a winning team, especially when we’ve got a mid week break this week. However, ‘if’ Nisbet and Porteous don’t see a lot of football between now and the end of the season will that de-value them perhaps? Nisbet will be itching to get some game time to try and force his way into the Scotland squad as well.

I’m desperate for him to get game time for my top scorer bet 😂

The Spaceman
07-02-2021, 08:22 AM

Plus Magennis and Scott Allan.

Reminds me of our cracking season under Lennon.

lucky
07-02-2021, 08:29 AM
Both have talked there way out the team. Nesbit was badly advised to put in a transfer request and Porteous interview when he talked about a summer move will not have gone down well within the club. Both will play their part in games to come and maybe learn how to handle speculation in the future.

theonlywayisup
07-02-2021, 08:30 AM
Agreed. Also note that the reintroduction of McGregor into the team has been a huge contribution our improved results.

Since452
07-02-2021, 08:32 AM
Both have talked there way out the team. Nesbit was badly advised to put in a transfer request and Porteous interview when he talked about a summer move will not have gone down well within the club. Both will play their part in games to come and maybe learn how to handle speculation in the future.

We've looked better without them imo

ian cruise
07-02-2021, 08:34 AM

I'm not sure the club will be thinking of it in that way and that their omissions are a punishment. They were taken out as they were distracted and they are young, unfortunately the team are performing brilliantly without them and the two who have stepped in, Daz and Doidge, offer attributes t9 the team they don't right now.

Their time will come, how they handle the spell out the team is probably more important than how they handled the transfer news.

ian cruise
07-02-2021, 08:37 AM

Agree with this and said as much on the PM board. When you look at the players on our bench they are all names fans would have as guaranteed starters (bar Magennis who is new so that's understandable), but it's incredibly difficult to drop players who are delivering and replace them with someone who "might" deliver.

Nice problem to have. I'm sure everyone will play their part in the run in.

Dalianwanda
07-02-2021, 08:39 AM
I'm not sure the club will be thinking of it in that way and that their omissions are a punishment. They were taken out as they were distracted and they are young, unfortunately the team are performing brilliantly without them and the two who have stepped in, Daz and Doidge, offer attributes t9 the team they don't right now.

Their time will come, how they handle the spell out the team is probably more important than how they handled the transfer news.

I thought Michael Stewarts article yesterday was spot on. They are big players for us & will play their part again but have been very badly advised.

jeffers
07-02-2021, 08:48 AM
Earlier in the season chat on here was about Aberdeen having a much stronger squad. I don’t think that is the case now. Based on individual performances yesterday I wouldn’t swap a single Hibs player for an Aberdeen one. Amazing what two new signings and getting everyone fit has made to our team and squad.

hibee-boys
07-02-2021, 08:54 AM
Bringing in Cadden has been a master stroke, releasing Boyle to play further up the park where he can be more effective. I wonder if that was the plan for signing Drey Wright, only he hasn’t been able to make the same impact.

The Spaceman
07-02-2021, 09:17 AM
Earlier in the season chat on here was about Aberdeen having a much stronger squad. I don’t think that is the case now. Based on individual performances yesterday I wouldn’t swap a single Hibs player for an Aberdeen one. Amazing what two new signings and getting everyone fit has made to our team and squad.

Agreed. They are net weaker from the past transfer window whilst we have gained with the added bonus of Scott Allan making a very unexpected return.

wookie70
07-02-2021, 09:40 AM
Depth looking good. I like the way Doig and Porteous are being managed. They are getting plenty of games but are taken out the firing line when they lose form. Doig was poor yesterday particularly his deliveries and passing and was taken off at a good time with Lewis coming on and letting the manager and Josh know that he is still a very strong consideration for starting. Daz has also shown Ryan that you don't have to play much silky soccer to be a very influential player and solid centre half. It is a real pity we don't have someone to pressurise Doidges position. Yes he is physical and a pest but barring that he really isn't contributing too much. All the other position have options apart from the big CF one. Doidge looks like he desperately needs the luck that he got when he was sclaffing shots towards goal and they were all going in. One of those and he could get his form back but it would be nice to have someone to step in when he isn't firing on all cylinders

Billy Whizz
07-02-2021, 09:43 AM
It will be interesting to see what happens with Nisbet and Porteous.

I imagine Hibs will want them back in the team to keep stock high and earn a good fee when they do eventually move, but if you’re winning games without them you can’t justify changing it to fit them in.

Nisbet has a chance to replace Doidge purely based on lack of goals, but he offers a lot for us even when he’s not scoring.

Obviously that’s what the club will want, but Jack picks the team, and we’ve no idea how happy he is with these 2
Unless he gets injured, or loses form, Daz keeps the shirt
Nisbit has more of a chance of getting on, if we’re chasing a goal or so