PDA

View Full Version : Big Chris doidge war of attrition💪🏻

tonyrougier123
06-02-2021, 04:20 PM
Absolutely class today,worked Aberdeen hard in their own half superb for me.

Northernhibee
06-02-2021, 04:20 PM
Their defenders found their match. Good performance.

MWHIBBIES
06-02-2021, 04:21 PM
Very good. Hope he gets himself a goal or two soon but his general play has been vital.

CMac1988
06-02-2021, 04:23 PM
Gives his all every game. Deserves a goal.or two for his efforts in recent weeks. Hopefully finds the net soon.

hibby rae
06-02-2021, 04:26 PM
Graeme Thewliss on last Monday's Terrace podcast, "Just play Doidge, because Doidge f***s up defenders."

Since452
06-02-2021, 04:26 PM
Love the guy.

Inch joe
06-02-2021, 04:28 PM
Big guy had a great game

weecounty hibby
06-02-2021, 04:36 PM
Big man works his ease of for the team. Total team player, hope he gets a goal soon as he deserves to go on another wee run of scoring

Alfred E Newman
06-02-2021, 04:40 PM
He is frustrating to watch at times but there is no doubt that for a defender he must be murder to play against. He never stops roughing them up and that eventually creates chances for others. A great shift today.

The 90+2
06-02-2021, 04:42 PM
He gives 100% every single week. Some time it works for him sometimes it doesn't but you can't every fault his work rate and he never hides.

Bridge hibs
06-02-2021, 05:00 PM
He gives 100% every single week. Some time it works for him sometimes it doesn't but you can't every fault his work rate and he never hides.Bang on mate 👍

Vault Boy
06-02-2021, 05:01 PM
You can tell he really needs a goal, but despite that, the game would have been much, much tougher without his work and general play.

Nevi_SOL
06-02-2021, 05:02 PM
Most unselfish player I’ve seen at Easter road and deserves all the praise towards him

Roxyhibee
06-02-2021, 05:22 PM
I’m always been a fan. Defenders nightmare. Said before you have to be in the stadium to really see how hard he works and the gaps he opens for other players. Just seeing games on the screen doesn’t show his value to us.

Pretty Boy
06-02-2021, 05:29 PM
He was a bit unlucky with the half chance in the 2nd half. It was a great ball from Irvine but it just came at Doidge a bit quickly and got away from him.

Overall he was excellent. Never shirked a challenge and bullied their back line all day.

hibbysam
06-02-2021, 05:39 PM
He’s seriously intelligent as well. The amount of times he came short today dragging defenders out so Boyle could run in behind was unreal. Big mans a hero!

J-C
06-02-2021, 05:39 PM
Worked very hard today and allowed others chances because he kept the big defenders busy all game, just needs to add goals to his game but if we keep winning and others score it's not important.

et_hibby
06-02-2021, 05:49 PM
Good thread- quite right.

Northernhibee
06-02-2021, 05:54 PM
Tell you what, considering we were desperate to get another striker in on deadline day and there was a bit of gnashing of teeth over Hendry and Hornby, what strike force would you rather:

The strength and link up play of Doidge, £3m Kevin Nisbet and four goals in three games Martin Boyle

Or

Horby (who was very poor), Hendry (who I can't recall being on the pitch) and Florian Kamberi?

Crab apple
06-02-2021, 07:44 PM
He works so hard and is good for us defensively too with his aerial ability. Loves the physical battle and never stops running.

Unseen work
06-02-2021, 07:46 PM
Brilliant from him again, really big fan of his but he really needs to start scoring again.

He doesn’t even have the excuse of not getting chances as he’s missed some guilt edged ones lately.

hibbysam
06-02-2021, 07:50 PM
Brilliant from him again, really big fan of his but he really needs to start scoring again.

He doesn’t even have the excuse of not getting chances as he’s missed some guilt edged ones lately.

When we’re scoring 2 per game regardless then his all round game brings far more to the table.

Since452
06-02-2021, 07:56 PM
Brings far more to the team than goals. Sounds daft for a striker I know he's such a nuisance for defenders, an intelligent one too with a footballing brain. The goals will come but I can let him off as he brings so much to the team.

JohnM1875
06-02-2021, 08:22 PM
Outstanding work and effort today. The big guy is class and we're poorer as a team when he doesn't play!

He is a striker though, and needs to start contributing in goals as well.

I'd have Doidge in my team before Flo, Hendry, or Hornby though, that's for sure.

Hibee Mac
06-02-2021, 09:00 PM
Always feel better when he's on the pitch, great guy and brings some presence up top. He must be great too play with, others usually play well around him.

I just wish we would work on his finishing more, just a bit more composure and technique when finishing and he'd be brilliant. I get that you can't train natural finishing instinct like Nisbet you might say, but I think Doidge could still do with some finishing technique

worcesterhibby
06-02-2021, 09:05 PM
Always feel better when he's on the pitch, great guy and brings some presence up top. He must be great too play with, others usually play well around him.

I just wish we would work on his finishing more, just a bit more composure and technique when finishing and he'd be brilliant. I get that you can't train natural finishing instinct like Nisbet you might say, but I think Doidge could still do with some finishing technique

m pretty sure they do work on it! Great player, seems like a good guy, works his socks off and generally goes on goal scoring streaks, so I reckon we are due one very soon. :greengrin

hibbysam
06-02-2021, 09:08 PM

Think it’s his balance rather than his finishing. When he’s got a solid base he’s a very good finisher (Dundee United away for example), but everytime he goes through one on one he’s off balance and falling on his arse.

Hibee Mac
06-02-2021, 09:08 PM
m pretty sure they do work on it! Great player, seems like a good guy, works his socks off and generally goes on goal scoring streaks, so I reckon we are due one very soon. :greengrinYeh here's hoping! No reason why he can't switch it on and get a streak going. Maybe he's saving it for after the split? [emoji23]

Hibee Mac
06-02-2021, 09:12 PM
Think it’s his balance rather than his finishing. When he’s got a solid base he’s a very good finisher (Dundee United away for example), but everytime he goes through one on one he’s off balance and falling on his arse.Think that's a good point actually, sometimes his strikes end up a bit sclaffed, balance might explain it a little.

FilipinoHibs
06-02-2021, 09:17 PM
Love the Doidge. Impact all over the pitch.