PDA

View Full Version : Hibs win again

lord bunberry
06-02-2021, 03:54 PM
What a brilliant win from the team today, we dominated a team that we have struggled against in the past. Ross got the tactics spot on and the players executed the plan to perfection. Hard to pick a man of the match, but Boyle, Irvine and Gogic were superb. 3rd place is ours to lose now.

Pretty Boy
06-02-2021, 03:56 PM
After the semi final we needed a reaction.

We got a bit of fight in the Rangers game with nothing to show for it. 3 huge wins since then and we are now fairly comfortable in 3rd. New signings have made a big impact and restoring McGregor to the back line has also proven a masterstroke.

Performances like today and results like we have seen this week should make abssolutely everyone happy.

lord bunberry
06-02-2021, 04:07 PM
After the semi final we needed a reaction.

We got a bit of fight in the Rangers game with nothing to show for it. 3 huge wins since then and we are now fairly comfortable in 3rd. New signings have made a big impact and restoring McGregor to the back line has also proven a masterstroke.

Performances like today and results like we have seen this week should make abssolutely everyone happy.
:agree: We’re 5 ahead of the sheep and 10 ahead of Livvy. Everyone must be happy with that.

calumhibee1
06-02-2021, 04:08 PM
That was very good today and a much better watch. Great result and a great week of results :agree:

ronaldo7
06-02-2021, 04:09 PM
What a brilliant win from the team today, we dominated a team that we have struggled against in the past. Ross got the tactics spot on and the players executed the plan to perfection. Hard to pick a man of the match, but Boyle, Irvine and Gogic were superb. 3rd place is ours to lose now.

They all did well today, but for me, Murphy brings us something else with his running at defences. Delighted for the team.

lord bunberry
06-02-2021, 04:11 PM
They all did well today, but for me, Murphy brings us something else with his running at defences. Delighted for the team.
That’s true, I should’ve mentioned him.

Since452
06-02-2021, 04:12 PM
This is a good Hibs team that have been very unlucky in a couple of cup games. Simple as that really.

Onion
06-02-2021, 04:58 PM

Getting the first goal was the key. Forced the sheep to come out of their pen, and allowed our midfield to slot balls through their back line, which looked unusually ponderous and disorganised.

lord bunberry
06-02-2021, 06:56 PM
Getting the first goal was the key. Forced the sheep to come out of their pen, and allowed our midfield to slot balls through their back line, which looked unusually ponderous and disorganised.
It’s a good point, we’ve got the first goal in the last 3 games. It will be interesting to see how we respond to going a goal down, but this team isn’t short on character and I’d hope we’d still be tough enough to come through.

Since452
06-02-2021, 06:57 PM

Massive. Aberdeen are exceptionally good at sitting on a lead. We did an Aberdeen today.

B.H.F.C
06-02-2021, 07:05 PM
Was only bothered about winning today. But the manner of the win was brilliant. Best performance of the season for me.

Crunchie
06-02-2021, 07:08 PM
This is a good Hibs team that have been very unlucky in a couple of cup games. Simple as that really.
:top marks

Wilson
06-02-2021, 07:18 PM

I don't think Jack Ross or the players would blame luck and they shouldn't. We didn't do enough to win either game.

They are gone now and we're playing better. Onwards and upwards.

Peevemor
06-02-2021, 07:27 PM
I don't think Jack Ross or the players would blame luck and they shouldn't. We didn't do enough to win either game.

They are gone now and we're playing better. Onwards and upwards.I think that fine margins and luck are sometimes the same thing.

Sir David Gray
06-02-2021, 07:36 PM
That was very good today and a much better watch. Great result and a great week of results :agree:

:agree: Excellent.

Hopefully we can keep this up with the favourable run of fixtures we have coming up.

We're on track to get about 67 points this season, hopefully that's enough for 3rd.

Stuart93
06-02-2021, 07:38 PM

I’m as happy as the next person about today’s win but to say we were unlucky when we got beat 3-0 from st J is absolute nonsense. We were far from unlucky that night we just weren’t good enough

If we’d played like we did today we’d have won easily

Unseen work
06-02-2021, 07:39 PM
Ross got every decision spot on and none of them were easy

Shape
same starting 11
Nisbet and Porteous bench
Subs

Brilliant from him.

Crunchie
06-02-2021, 07:41 PM
I’m as happy as the next person about today’s win but to say we were unlucky when we got beat 3-0 from st J is absolute nonsense. We were far from unlucky that night we just weren’t good enough
It could easily be classed as unlucky, had we scored first we win.

B.H.F.C
06-02-2021, 07:43 PM
Ross got every decision spot on and none of them were easy

Shape
same starting 11
Nisbet and Porteous bench
Subs

Brilliant from him.

Possibly got his decisions in the window correct as well. Which can’t be said for today’s opponents, by the looks of things.

Northernhibee
06-02-2021, 07:46 PM
Possibly got his decisions in the window correct as well. Which can’t be said for today’s opponents, by the looks of things.

A terrible window for them. Lost Wright (when they need quality in attacking areas) and only gained McRorie being able to play in their remaining game against The The's. Lost their strikeforce and replaced them with two completely anonymous looking players that reminded me of Big Dave and the moodiest, most inconsistent player known to man who hasn't made his first two games.

Andy74
06-02-2021, 07:46 PM

If we’d played like we did today we’d have won easily

First goal is important and yes, that can be down to luck.

We did start the semi very well and if we had scored we may well have seen a result like today. As it happened we had some bad luck alongside bad finishing and then it went downhill from there.

I don’t think we see huge differences in how we play or try to play. Some weeks it works and you can build the game from there, others it doesn’t and then they get away from you.

B.H.F.C
06-02-2021, 07:52 PM
A terrible window for them. Lost Wright (when they need quality in attacking areas) and only gained McRorie being able to play in their remaining game against The The's. Lost their strikeforce and replaced them with two completely anonymous looking players that reminded me of Big Dave and the moodiest, most inconsistent player known to man who hasn't made his first two games.

The decision to go with Boyle as a striker has worked well for us. I know it’s easy to say this after the last week, but I’d genuinely rather have him as a striking option than any of their three strikers.

Northernhibee
06-02-2021, 07:56 PM
The decision to go with Boyle as a striker has worked well for us. I know it’s easy to say this after the last week, but I’d genuinely rather have him as a striking option than any of their three strikers.

Yep, I put elsewhere that our weakest striker is far preferable to their strongest option. It's a bizarre window from them, truth be told.

Unseen work
06-02-2021, 08:07 PM

Spot on.

They seemed buzzing to sign Hornby but from what I’ve seen for him and Scotland 21s he’s really not great.

Hes scored a fair bit of goals for the 21s in fairness but it’s against poor poor teams, it also needs to be remembered he’s playing against young inexperienced centre half’s where he will win headers as he’s 6’4.

Completley different when you’re playing against physical and experienced centre half’s like Daz