PDA

View Full Version : Porto and Nisbet contracts

EI255
04-02-2021, 10:03 AM
How long are these two tied to Hibs for?

Probably inevitable that summer bids will come in, just wondering what sort of money we will be likely to achieve.

H18 SFR
04-02-2021, 10:13 AM
Is Porteous not already on the record that they are both leaving in the summer?

In response to your question, I’d imagine around £1.5m ish for Porteous and £3m ish for Nisbet.

The Sundance Kid
04-02-2021, 10:24 AM
How long are these two tied to Hibs for?

Probably inevitable that summer bids will come in, just wondering what sort of money we will be likely to achieve.

At the end of the season Porteous will have 2 years left and Nisbet will have 3 years left on his deal

Viva_Palmeiras
04-02-2021, 10:38 AM
Hadn’t see the Record article where he talks about the situation until this morning...

They really must try harder to pull our chains - they must be haemorrhaging cash and need the clicks - later in the article they refer to I think it’s Nisbet as “the Scotland man”.

sorry hate doing this as it gives them more clicks but could easily find out how to copy and paste from my iPhone.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ryan-porteous-opens-up-hibs-23436729

Leitherhibs
04-02-2021, 10:39 AM

In response to your question, I’d imagine around £1.5m ish for Porteous and £3m ish for Nisbet.

I don't think he was quite as blunt as that, he said the club are aware of their ambitions, but they needed to get their heads down and reproduce earlier season form.

EI255
04-02-2021, 10:42 AM

In response to your question, I’d imagine around £1.5m ish for Porteous and £3m ish for Nisbet.We should hold out for more than that. Looks like we are in no need to sell, so if clubs want them, take them for everything they have.

Sent from Portos house

Souter96Mac
04-02-2021, 10:43 AM
No reason why we can't ask for big money come summer, especially if either/both of them make the Euros squad.

For me, we should be asking for at least £2.5m for Porto and £4m+ for Nisbet, £5m+ if he makes the Euro squad imo.

If we can get Europe, and cash in at least £6m from the two of them, then we'll be laughing in terms of finance (even more so if we can get group stage football).

ElginHibbie
04-02-2021, 10:46 AM
Hadn’t see the Record article where he talks about the situation until this morning...

They really must try harder to pull our chains - they must be haemorrhaging cash and need the clicks - later in the article they refer to I think it’s Nisbet as “the Scotland man”.

sorry hate doing this as it gives them more clicks but could easily find out how to copy and paste from my iPhone.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ryan-porteous-opens-up-hibs-23436729

Don't see too much wrong in that article, maybe the "fallen back in line" part is a bit much but apart from that seems fair

But Porto is right and timing was important, if those offers had come early in the window things might have been different, but they are here until summer now, both with a decent chance of making Euro squad if they get back to their best so no reason we shouldn't be asking for more for both in the summer than was on offer last week

Cat Stanton
04-02-2021, 12:06 PM
I don't think he was quite as blunt as that, he said the club are aware of their ambitions, but they needed to get their heads down and reproduce earlier season form.

In the EEN (which, I assume, has just lifted it from the Daily Ranger) Porteous seems to be talking quite openly about them both leaving in the summer: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-defender-ryan-porteous-addresses-transfer-situation-and-reveals-his-and-kevin-nisbets-stance-3123250

I know this is the way of modern football with contracts meaning nothing etc etc., but in Nisbet's case he's only been here 15 minutes - why sign a four and a half year deal in the first place? It's all a bit nuts and slightly depressing.

Diclonius
04-02-2021, 12:08 PM
Ryan Porteous admits the Hibs wanted men might be gone in the summer but they’ll bust a gut for the club for the remainder of the season.

The Easter Road defender insists he and striker Kevin Nisbet won’t be in the huff at sticking around a little longer as the timing wasn’t right for an exit in January.

Hibs knocked back serious dosh for the pair in January with Birmingham City offering up to £3m for Nisbet – and a major wage hike – while Millwall slapped in a £1m bid for Porteous.

But Porteous is willing to keep the head down and bide his time, and he’s convinced his teammate will be the same.

The centre back – who came off the bench to score in Tuesday’s win at St Mirren – said: “I don’t think I need to say to the fans that Kevin and I will give everything for the club and team while we are here.

“It would be a waste of six or seven months and hard work not to. There aren’t many games to go and we don’t want to throw it away with poor attitudes. We are in it as a whole.

“It (speculation) is part and parcel of the game and any young player that wants to progress needs to go through it.

“You have to deal with it and it is a learning curve for me and others in the dressing room. Hopefully I can learn from it and be a bit more experienced if those things happen again.

“It probably did help Kevin was in a similar situation. We could speak to each other about it but the manager has spoken to us whenever we needed it.

“It is a situation that most young players need to go through. I will learn from it and take it on to potentially the summer.”

Nisbet handed in a transfer request in attempt to urge the Birmingham City move forward but has fallen back in line after a chat with boss Jack Ross.

Porteous has ambitions to go down south eventually but he is confident his gaffer will let them go when the time is right.

The Scotland man said: “He is a manager who wants the best for his players. He knows, and as a club, they know young players want to eventually move on and further their career and play at the highest level they can.

“The chats I have had with the manager he has been honest and said he wants me here but he understands that there is going to be a time, if I want to progress, then I need to make the step up.

“But the timing has to be right for me and for the club. I am fully aware of that. I am thankful I have a manager who is open and honest.

“The timing has to be right for both parties. You never want to leave on bad terms. I want to try and get the best results for the club. The timing maybe wasn’t right but we can reassess in the summer.”

Porteous is happy at Hibs insisted he accepted the club’s decision and didn’t kick off when his move was blocked.

He said: “No, never. I don’t think he would have brought me on if I was chapping his door saying I wanted away.

“Everyone wants to go and play at the highest level, they would be lying if they said they didn’t.

“It is flattering that Hibs turned down the money they did for me. It shows real ambition from the club and how well run we are.

“Especially in the current climate we have. We are in it all together and the gaffer and the directors and owner know that.

“We are in a good position and there are a big few months ahead. I have had a consistent run of games but I have to thank the boys and the manager for having that faith and trust in me.

“I am still young and it is great to play every week. It is good to be in a good place right now.”
Read More

Porteous was less content to be on the bench in recent weeks with Darren McGregor back in the side.

But he made an impact when came on at the break in Paisley with a thumping header to help Hibs jump back up to third in the Premiership.

Porteous said: “I was a bit frustrated not to start the last few games but it is good to take your frustrations out by getting a goal and helping the team win. Taking Darren off at half time was probably more technical.

“It was probably more my type of game in that it was stepping into play and hitting passes out wide. I started well and got the goal and it settled us a little bit and they had to come out.

“Then we got the second which gave us a bit of breathing space.”

Lago
04-02-2021, 12:31 PM
There is little doubt in my mind that both have decided it's time to move on. Therefore there can be no excuse for Hibs not having suitable replacements in place, they have been given plenty warning.

04Sauzee
04-02-2021, 01:31 PM
Millwall boss Gary Rowett says he is unsure whether The Lions will launch another bid for Hibs’ Ryan Porteous in the summer.

The Easter Road side knocked back a seven-figure sum from the Championship club in the January window to keep hold of the Scotland under-21 cap until at least the end of the season.

Phil MaGlass
04-02-2021, 02:08 PM
Millwall boss Gary Rowett says he is unsure whether The Lions will launch another bid for Hibs’ Ryan Porteous in the summer.

The Easter Road side knocked back a seven-figure sum from the Championship club in the January window to keep hold of the Scotland under-21 cap until at least the end of the season.

Millwall wont be able to afford him in the summer:greengrin amd probably wont be the only ones looking at him. Pay up or pi55 off.

nlandsafchibee
04-02-2021, 02:24 PM
I think what Portos comments show ,is how good Jack Ross has handled the situation with good man management skills keeping him sweet and motivated for rest of season.Also impressed with Portos overall maturity in this difficult time for him and club .Like many I dont think that is right club or location for him . I think he is a real club person and if Europe is there next yearthere is nosaying a summer transfer might be right for him .
In addition the club could also offer a better contract to edge them to staying ?

Smartie
04-02-2021, 02:32 PM
I think what Portos comments show ,is how good Jack Ross has handled the situation with good man management skills keeping him sweet and motivated for rest of season.Also impressed with Portos overall maturity in this difficult time for him and club .Like many I dont think that is right club or location for him . I think he is a real club person and if Europe is there next yearthere is nosaying a summer transfer might be right for him .
In addition the club could also offer a better contract to edge them to staying ?

I don't think we should be needing or wanting to edge them into staying.

We've obviously had to convince them both to stay until the end of the season. The only way they'll want to stay beyond that is if they either get injured or go on a dreadful run of form.

They need to be sold in the summer, we need to raise as much cash for them as possible and reinvest it wisely.

It's a bit disappointing, particularly Porto as I think he normally seems pretty level-headed and simply hasn't shown much form deserving of a big move of late. Nisbet I know less about because he's just in the door but to be handing in a transfer request after just 6 months doesn't look to clever.

We need players who want to be here and who are on their way up - not strong-arming players like this pair into staying any longer than they have to, when they could start to be come seriously disruptive.