PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Murray

Unseen work
03-02-2021, 11:49 PM
https://twitter.com/officialdafc/status/1357119061604376578?s=21

Scored 2 goals tonight with the first one being a screamer of a free kick.

Now takes him to 5 goals in 17 games.

Good to see him doing well out on loan, don’t think he starts every week but still going good for them.

Looks to have bulked up quite a bit too.

Not convinced he will be in Ross’ plans in the summer or going forward but will be interesting to see how he progresses after a season playing regularly. Turns 22 in May so if there’s any time it’s now.

Stanton Spence
04-02-2021, 07:57 AM
It's good to hear about him scoring goals but I think Fraser may have found his level with dunfermline? I could be being a bit harsh on the laddie as I've not seen him play for dunfermline but given he's not getting a game every week would suggest otherwise. Good luck to him though and I'm always happy to be proven wrong when it comes to hibs players

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

neil7908
04-02-2021, 07:59 AM
He'll have a hard time getting into our midfield but great to see him doing well and definitely worth a look when he's back in the summer, especially if we see Newell and Jackson away, plus possibly Mallan.

Mr. Wonderful
04-02-2021, 08:08 AM
Unfortunately you're probably right. Him and most of that generation of talent will see out their careers mostly in that lower division or playing for the yoyo clubs

Mackie, Gullan, Murray x2, Sterling, Martin, Campbell etc are all good players but they probably just haven't quite done enough.

Hibs have slowly improved the youth teams over the last few years, most of the last generations have wound up playing juniors or 2nd/3rd division so hopefully the next generation will be able to push on again and become regular spfl players, perhaps even with a star or two emerging.

500miles
04-02-2021, 08:17 AM
Murray has 2 main problems when he broke through.

He got a bad injury which kept him out for season.

He broke into the team, scored and set up goals in the league Cup, and then got bumped, despite our lack of creative midfielders.

His problem now is his lack of experience - he's bad for losing his man. Fingers crossed this season gives him what he needs to push on. We don't have many players that are a threat from outside the box.

Billy Whizz
04-02-2021, 08:43 AM
At long last Dunfermline are starting to play Fraser in his best position, wide left. He played 90% of his football in Hibs development team in this position

He’s not the quickest like Boyle, but 2 footed and can hit a great dead ball. What we’d give at Hibs just now, for a player that can score from a free kick, or take a great corner on a regular basis

Hope Dunfermline continue to play him there

Jones28
04-02-2021, 08:45 AM
With quality like that he should be in the managers thinking for a spot next season.

Someone was really enjoying those Pars goals, who was it? :greengrin

Since452
04-02-2021, 08:55 AM
What ever happened to Harry Cochrane? Wasn't in the Dunfermline team so checked the Barcelona side and wasn't in that either. Dissapeared.

J-C
04-02-2021, 09:00 AM
I like Fraser and think he's really talented, this season will do him the world of good by getting games at a decent level and hopefully he can come back to push for a starting slot next season, Murphy isn't getting any younger and will pick up a few injuries so we need someone who can play wide left.

Andy74
04-02-2021, 09:04 AM
At long last Dunfermline are starting to play Fraser in his best position, wide left. He played 90% of his football in Hibs development team in this position

He’s not the quickest like Boyle, but 2 footed and can hit a great dead ball. What we’d give at Hibs just now, for a player that can score from a free kick, or take a great corner on a regular basis

Hope Dunfermline continue to play him there

We just got rid of a much better one because he couldn’t get in the team.

Suspect there’s no chance of Murray ever establishing himself at Hibs.

Billy Whizz
04-02-2021, 09:24 AM

https://m.facebook.com/officialdafc/videos/742265986715769/

Ok Mr Positive😄

GoalsMcGinley
04-02-2021, 09:25 AM
For those saying “he’s not been getting a game for Dunfermline” etc etc might want to look at the reasons why. He’s just back from a groin strain.

I’ll tell u something he’s a better option than Drey Wright will ever be.

Murphy will be 32 by the time we sign him permanently. Fraser plays in the same position but is more of a “powerful” player than skills like Murphy BUT he would be effective in this Hibs side from crosses and dead balls.

He will be back in the summer to prove you all wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since452
04-02-2021, 09:31 AM

Agreed. Stevie Mallan would look like Iniesta in the Championship

Dmas
04-02-2021, 09:46 AM
What ever happened to Harry Cochrane? Wasn't in the Dunfermline team so checked the Barcelona side and wasn't in that either. Dissapeared.

I’m pretty sure that the ‘best midfielder in Scotland’ was at pars last season on loan now finds himself at Arbroath

Mr. Wonderful
04-02-2021, 09:48 AM
Murray has 2 main problems when he broke through.

He got a bad injury which kept him out for season.

He broke into the team, scored and set up goals in the league Cup, and then got bumped, despite our lack of creative midfielders.

His problem now is his lack of experience - he's bad for losing his man. Fingers crossed this season gives him what he needs to push on. We don't have many players that are a threat from outside the box.

Porteous and Magennis have both had bad injuries and it hasn't stopped them from getting game time. I suspect some will use this as a convenient reason for him not making it with us, when ultimately he just hasn't shown enough pre or post injury to justify a place in the side.

Kato
04-02-2021, 10:01 AM
What ever happened to Harry Cochrane? Wasn't in the Dunfermline team so checked the Barcelona side and wasn't in that either. Dissapeared.Must still be getting the Scotland squad though, Biscuits and Craigy boy said so.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Diclonius
04-02-2021, 10:06 AM
I'd like to see Murray given a proper run in the team next season.

04Sauzee
04-02-2021, 10:31 AM
Craig Wighton of hearts has just signed a pre contract with Dunfermilne. Hearts supposedly paid 250k for him

#DAFC are delighted to announce the signing of Craig Wighton on a pre contract, starting 1 June 2021 to 31 May 2023.

We look forward to welcoming Craig to East End Park, in the summer, once his contract with Hearts expires on 31 May 2021

➡️ https://t.co/Eu6jrLTba7 https://t.co/EcolU0T9KW

easty
04-02-2021, 10:32 AM
I'd like to see Murray given a proper run in the team next season.

Not at Hibs. He’ll not be here.

Edinburgh Green
04-02-2021, 10:33 AM
For those saying “he’s not been getting a game for Dunfermline” etc etc might want to look at the reasons why. He’s just back from a groin strain.

Murphy will be 32 by the time we sign him permanently. Fraser plays in the same position but is more of a “powerful” player than skills like Murphy BUT he would be effective in this Hibs side from crosses and dead balls.

Sorry but powerful is the last thing I would call Murray. I think one of the main things holding him back is his lack of aggression.

He reminds me kind a bit of Brandon Barker, both have obvious talents but they are off set by lack of desire and game awareness.

GoalsMcGinley
04-02-2021, 10:33 AM

He’s got 3 years left on a contract. He will be.

easty
04-02-2021, 10:34 AM

He won’t be back in the summer.

easty
04-02-2021, 10:36 AM
He’s got 3 years left on a contract. He will be.

He’ll move on. No point in him being here, just to go out on loan each year til his deals up.

Nowhere near a first teamer at Hibs.

GoalsMcGinley
04-02-2021, 10:37 AM
He’ll move on. No point in him being here, just to go out on loan each year til his deals up.

He’s a better player than Drey Wright and Melker Hallberg. They’re both 1st team players so we’ll need to agree to disagree on that one

easty
04-02-2021, 10:37 AM
He’s a better player than Drey Wright and Melker Hallberg. They’re both 1st team players so we’ll need to agree to disagree on that one

He’s not a better player than Drey Wright, and doesn’t play the same position as Hallberg.

GoalsMcGinley
04-02-2021, 10:38 AM
He’s not a better player than Drey Wright, and doesn’t play the same position as Hallberg.

You are absolutely at it with the Drey Wright statement.

Andy74
04-02-2021, 10:39 AM

Wright might not have been great so far but he has had a season at St Johnstone that went better than anything Murray has produced so far - unfortunately.

He's nowhere near Hallberg at the minute.

GoalsMcGinley
04-02-2021, 10:40 AM
Wright might not have been great so far but he has had a season at St Johnstone that went better than anything Murray has produced so far - unfortunately.

He's nowhere near Hallberg at the minute.

Drey Wright had a handful of half decent games at St J and we took a punt on him. He’s nowhere near good enough. To suggest otherwise is just wrong. Fraser, given a decent chance would provide more. Of that I am certain.

Highwayman
04-02-2021, 10:44 AM
Have always liked Fraser Murray but think his time has come and gone at ER.Hibs can’t seem to resist signing midfielders in the transfer windows and this in turn limits the chances for young players coming through.Having seen the quality (or lack of of it ) of midfielders playing in the SPFL this season,consider Fraser could play at a higher level than the Championship.
Another young player who seems to have gone off the radar is Josh Campbell.Until League 2 was suspended he was doing well on loan at Edinburgh City.He’ll be another midfielder coming back in the summer looking for a place.

Is It On....
04-02-2021, 11:19 AM

Hearts kept him and loaned him to Montrose. Much better prospect than Josh Doig who they released 😉

wookie70
04-02-2021, 02:36 PM
Great strike from free kick and he looks much stronger and bigger. I always liked him and felt he never got a chance. He would certainly have done better that Drey Wright this year as said and the money could have been better spent elsewhere. Hope you takes advantage of the loan and comes back challenging for our first 11

J-C
04-02-2021, 02:58 PM

He won’t be back in the summer.

What is your gripe with Murray? Does he owe you money? **** on your lawn? **** your bird?

You really sound like you hate his guts.

CMurdoch
04-02-2021, 03:21 PM
The difficulty at Hibs now for Fraser and other young players is we will be Top 5 every season so there is pressure to produce every week to fight for 3rd. As a result chances are limited.
I think Fraser is a bottom 6 SPFL player at the moment which is nothing to be sniffed at but the question is can he be better than that to make a career at Hibs.
He has scored good goals this season from long distance shots and free kicks. He has put a bit of muscle on and looks robust.
Still has a chance especially given his shooting and set piece prowess.

Kinross Hibee
04-02-2021, 03:33 PM
But, Drey Wright is still 10 times the player of him though with that absolute screamer from 10 yards v the ranjurs, assist v hamilton and the passed header v alloa athletic :wink: :na na:

Get the boy back in the summer and let him kick on, always said there's something there! Give him a run of games to show it :thumbsup:

Andy74
04-02-2021, 03:39 PM
What is your gripe with Murray? Does he owe you money? **** on your lawn? **** your bird?

You really have some strange reactions to what people post.

MWHIBBIES
04-02-2021, 04:00 PM
You really have some strange reactions to what people post.

Indeed he does.

wandering_hibee
04-02-2021, 04:34 PM
I thought when Fraser fist appeared on the scene that he looked a good player but a bit lightweight. He then disappeared from the periphery of the first team, injured if I remember correctly, and then reappeared last year when I thought he hadn't really kicked on at all. The few glimpses this year that I have seen on BBC Scotland and he looks stronger, back to being direct and with a bit of confidence and I for one would welcome him back next season to see if he can make the step up. He is about the same age as macgennis and to my untrained eye looks quite similar but more on the left side.

I reckon that if he continues the form that he showed last night and he wasn't on our books then there would be some on here saying that we should take a look at him as a promising player, albeit wanting to sign him for nothing.

easty
04-02-2021, 05:16 PM

Sorry Frasers mum.

NOLA
04-02-2021, 06:35 PM
I like Fraser, a tidy player who can pass well but I just don’t know his best position, he was a guest on top binz YouTube channel last week [emoji106]

GoalsMcGinley
05-02-2021, 09:27 AM
I thought when Fraser fist appeared on the scene that he looked a good player but a bit lightweight. He then disappeared from the periphery of the first team, injured if I remember correctly, and then reappeared last year when I thought he hadn't really kicked on at all. The few glimpses this year that I have seen on BBC Scotland and he looks stronger, back to being direct and with a bit of confidence and I for one would welcome him back next season to see if he can make the step up. He is about the same age as macgennis and to my untrained eye looks quite similar but more on the left side.

I reckon that if he continues the form that he showed last night and he wasn't on our books then there would be some on here saying that we should take a look at him as a promising player, albeit wanting to sign him for nothing.

Last paragraph of this post is spot on!

truehibernian
05-02-2021, 09:45 AM
I think with Hibs Fraser has been played predominantly in an outside left/right position (showing my age there) which allowed him to cut inside and score goals much like he did this week. Billy will have seen much more of him in the Development side to confirm. But that’s where I always saw him play or take up positions in games.

He’s certainly grown physically which he absolutely needed to do, and there’s no doubting technically he has all the attributes to do well in the game. He’s really not had the benefit of a decent loan to get that run of games and adapt to the rigours of top team football.

I’d actually like to see him play a 10 role just behind strikers as he has good technique and a definite eye for goal outside the area, something we need players to do much more. Most of our goals come from inside the box or set pieces, Fraser seems to be very confident at getting shots away when in space which I like to see in young players especially.

I’m betwix and between whether he’ll make it at Hibs, but would like to see him given a chance next season and see him grab the opportunity.,

Northernhibee
05-02-2021, 09:47 AM

Melker has been a good player for us this season and if we’d signed Fraser Murray from St Johnstone we’d have seen similar noises on here as to Drey Wright.

Unless this loan spell has dramatically improved him then I don’t see him at Hibs. Even then he’d be more of an impact sub and both player and club may question if that’s what they want.

Nice lad, good attitude, reasonable footballer but many better ahead of him in the queue at Hibs just now.

basehibby
05-02-2021, 12:00 PM
I really rate Fraser Murray and simply do not understand how the posters writing him off can disregard the talent they have seen in front of their own eyes. He is probably the most talented attacking midfielder I have seen come through the ranks in my 4 decades or so watching Hibs. Sure there is room for improvement in aspects of his game but the talent he has is not coachable - the goals he scored for the Pars there being pretty typical of him from what I have seen. And playing a season in the Championship is doing him the power of good from what I see there - he has certainly bulked up and, whereas he previously looked a bit tall and gangly, he now looks like a real unit who will compete well in midfield battles.

We have a lot of quality midfielders and it will be a real challenge for Fraser to fight his way into the starting line up - but I believe he has the talent to do so and, after a season in the Championship, will be better equipped both physically and mentally. Come next season I reckon he will be like a new signing and those writing him off will have egg all over their faces (in the nicest possible way of course).

Northernhibee
05-02-2021, 12:05 PM
I really rate Fraser Murray and simply do not understand how the posters writing him off can disregard the talent they have seen in front of their own eyes. He is probably the most talented attacking midfielder I have seen come through the ranks in my 4 decades or so watching Hibs. Sure there is room for improvement in aspects of his game but the talent he has is not coachable - the goals he scored for the Pars there being pretty typical of him from what I have seen. And playing a season in the Championship is doing him the power of good from what I see there - he has certainly bulked up and, whereas he previously looked a bit tall and gangly, he now looks like a real unit who will compete well in midfield battles.

We have a lot of quality midfielders and it will be a real challenge for Fraser to fight his way into the starting line up - but I believe he has the talent to do so and, after a season in the Championship, will be better equipped both physically and mentally. Come next season I reckon he will be like a new signing and those writing him off will have egg all over their faces (in the nicest possible way of course).

TBF what I think of Fraser just now is what I thought of Sean Mackie and in the few times he's played this season he's equipped himself well after his loan to Dundee. I do think that if he comes back and can't impose himself in the team then his time at the club is up though.

andrew70
05-02-2021, 12:06 PM

Haha I do worry about some people when making rash calls like this. Murray plays in a different position but is no where near the level of Melker.

Unseen work
05-02-2021, 12:26 PM

I must say I’m just one that hasn’t seen it anywhere near enough from him. I’ve seen the odd good bit of play like a turn in friendlies/betfred cup which looks good or the pass to McNulty a couple of years ago against Aberdeen.

I think the issue with when he plays for us is he’s far too safe and very rarely has any impact when he comes in. He either keeps it very simple or has no impact in the game, quite a few last season he came on and cost us goals.

If he came back and had the swagger and tried stuff then maybe, but he’s not even a regular starter for Dunfermline.

Guys like Mallan are way ahead of him and only a couple years older than Murray.

As for the best attacking midfielder we’ve produced in 4 decades that blows my mind a bit. I suppose it depends on what you class as an attacking midfielder. For the development team he often played as part of a 3 in midfield or wide and it’s the same as the first team.

When Thomson, Brown etc broke into the first team they might have been classed as this but just adapted their game over the years.

Even Wetherspoon is head and shoulders above him and he was slated for a while before leaving and has since had a good career and always impresses me.

Alex Harris showed more for us before the injury.

Stanton showed far more ability.

Dont get me wrong I’m desperate for Murray to do well for us and make the conscious effort of watching him closely for us. He needs to start coming in games to make a difference and not just not make a mistake.

As for the best in 4 decades, he’s miles off it as it stands.

All Imo of course.

superfurryhibby
05-02-2021, 10:41 PM

Not seeing anything close to what you describe. He isn’t a regular starter for Dunfermline, which tells me isn’t anywhere near good enough to start at Hibs.

I’ve been watching Hibs for 50 years this year and Fraser doesn’t come close, even in his Dad’s wildest fantasies to what you describe.

GoalsMcGinley
06-02-2021, 07:01 AM
Not seeing anything close to what you describe. He isn’t a regular starter for Dunfermline, which tells me isn’t anywhere near good enough to start at Hibs.

I’ve been watching Hibs for 50 years this year and Fraser doesn’t come close, even in his Dad’s wildest fantasies to what you describe.

Did u just read the last post or the whole thread? The laddie had had a groin strain. He’s started every game since he came back.

scoopyboy
06-02-2021, 07:10 AM
I think he's a talented laddie but will not make it at Hibs, every time he got a chance he didn't take it.

When does his contract run out?

wookie70
06-02-2021, 09:00 AM
I think he's a talented laddie but will not make it at Hibs, every time he got a chance he didn't take it.

When does his contract run out? He scored 4 goals and had two assists in the equivalent minutes of 11 games. For comparison the much rated by many Jamie Murphy has 2 goals and 3 assists in the equivalent of 14 games. The mystery to me is how he never got more minutes on the park.

GoalsMcGinley
06-02-2021, 09:02 AM
He scored 4 goals and had two assists in the equivalent minutes of 11 games. The mystery to me is how he never got more minutes on the park. For comparison the much rated by many Jamie Murphy has 2 goals and 3 assists in the equivalent of 14 games.

This!

JR has proven he won’t give youth a chance. Gullan is a prime example. He could easily have played an extra 5/6 games this season rather than Drey Wright

Andy74
06-02-2021, 09:04 AM
This!

JR has proven he won’t give youth a chance. Gullan is a prime example. He could easily have played an extra 5/6 games this season rather than Drey Wright

Nah, Gullan is just another example of fans thinking a young player will be better than he turns out to be.

GoalsMcGinley
06-02-2021, 09:06 AM
Nah, Gullan is just another example of fans thinking a young player will be better than he turns out to be.

Based on what? He’s played about 15 minutes all season and in that time he’s done more than Drey Wright.

Everyone goes on and on about the “golden generation” fact is if they were coming thru now they wouldn’t get a sniff coz we don’t play our young players. We would rather sign average players from other SPFL clubs or from EFL leagues 1 and 2

Allant1981
06-02-2021, 09:11 AM
This!

Are porteous and Doig now not classed as youngsters

GoalsMcGinley
06-02-2021, 09:12 AM
Are porteous and Doig now not classed as youngsters

He’s not getting Porteous. He’s been a 1st team player for 3/4 seasons now. Doig he can have.

stantonhibby
06-02-2021, 09:13 AM
He’s not getting Porteous. He’s been a 1st team player for 3/4 seasons now. Doig he can have.

So he does give youth a chance?

GoalsMcGinley
06-02-2021, 09:14 AM

Can you class 1 player as a chance? I certainly wouldn’t. Look at how he’s dealt with gullan, Murray, dabrowski etc

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2021, 09:16 AM
Can you class 1 player as a chance? I certainly wouldn’t. Look at how he’s dealt with gullan, Murray, dabrowski etc

We are 3rd now with the players he's picked, would we be 2nd if he'd filled the team with the players you mentioned? :confused:

GoalsMcGinley
06-02-2021, 09:17 AM
We are 3rd now with the players he's picked, would we be 2nd if he'd filled the team with the players you mentioned? :confused:

We could well be. Who’s to know?

Tyler Durden
06-02-2021, 09:18 AM
Did u just read the last post or the whole thread? The laddie had had a groin strain. He’s started every game since he came back.

He was fit at the start of the season and generally was a sub. Good to see him scoring this week but he’s had a limited impact for Dunfermline overall.

scoopyboy
06-02-2021, 09:18 AM

No, well apart from the ones he has.:wink:

GoalsMcGinley
06-02-2021, 09:19 AM
He was fit at the start of the season and generally was a sub. Good to see him scoring this week but he’s had a limited impact for Dunfermline overall.

He has 5 goals and 4 assists in 17 games. I’d love to see a serious impact if that’s limited

scoopyboy
06-02-2021, 09:21 AM
He scored 4 goals and had two assists in the equivalent minutes of 11 games. For comparison the much rated by many Jamie Murphy has 2 goals and 3 assists in the equivalent of 14 games. The mystery to me is how he never got more minutes on the park.

Ok, I will play your game.

Who did he get the four goals against?

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2021, 09:27 AM

Personally i think they would have won the league had we filled the team with kids, it might sound daft, but you started it.

Andy74
06-02-2021, 09:28 AM

I’d say the manager, who picks the players he thinks will win games. This is just the same that’s been repeated about many young players, basically all of them have proven to not be good enough.

Tyler Durden
06-02-2021, 09:31 AM
He has 5 goals and 4 assists in 17 games. I’d love to see a serious impact if that’s limited

He’s started less than 50% of the league games he was available for.

Would anyone describe him as one of their best players of the season? Don’t think so.

Hopefully he takes the chance to build on his goals during the week.

1875Sean
06-02-2021, 09:42 AM
The most worrying thing for me is Fraser has been breaking into the Hibs team for a while now under a number of different managers and non of them have given him a run of games, also when I seen him move to Dunfermline I was expecting to start week in and week out and be one of their star players. Don’t get me more him scoring great long range goals look great on the eye but he mustn’t be doing something to play each week, must be off the ball work or tracking back, he is 22 in a few months so in my eyes not really an youngster breaking through, he may get another pre season to impress don’t I don’t realistically see him taking someone in the teams place unless they are injured or suspended

hibbysam
06-02-2021, 09:52 AM

Gullan is behind Doidge and Nisbet up top, and behind Murphy off the left when we play like that. Nothing to do with Wright.

Dabrowski is behind Rocky, if you expect that to change then fair enough. We also needed a keeper when Rocky was out and I’d expect Macey was outperforming in training.

Murray was miles down the pecking order and there’s not a player in our team he should replace. He can’t get into the Dunfermline team to start let alone Hibs’.

Doig starts most weeks, Porto starts most weeks, Mackie was getting his chance when he got injured, Bradley is on the bench at a very young age.

wookie70
06-02-2021, 09:58 AM
Ok, I will play your game.

Who did he get the four goals against?

Granted, not the best of oppositions but then again he never really got many chances against the better team. Murphy scored a penalty rebound against Celtic and a good goal against lower league Dundee. For me we never really got the opportunity to judge Fraser. Going on loan was the right move and I hope he comes back stronger and more experienced and can give us a good season next year like Doig has this year.

Pilrig_Sauzee
06-02-2021, 10:07 AM
I do think Murray has bulked up and looks stronger, which was one of the weaknesses in his game. Nice dilemma to have , a youngish player who may yet attain the level of first team regular at Hibs. In the best place for him this season, good luck to him and fingers crossed.

CMurdoch
06-02-2021, 10:49 AM
Fraser started on Wednesday and regular midfield starter Ryan Dow had to leave the field with a bad injury so Fraser may have a chance to make his mark from here on in.

scoopyboy
06-02-2021, 11:36 AM
Granted, not the best of oppositions but then again he never really got many chances against the better team. Murphy scored a penalty rebound against Celtic and a good goal against lower league Dundee. For me we never really got the opportunity to judge Fraser. Going on loan was the right move and I hope he comes back stronger and more experienced and can give us a good season next year like Doig has this year.

I hope he comes back and is better as well.

Great technique but I feel he needed to be stronger and braver.

basehibby
06-02-2021, 01:47 PM
Based on what? He’s played about 15 minutes all season and in that time he’s done more than Drey Wright.

Everyone goes on and on about the “golden generation” fact is if they were coming thru now they wouldn’t get a sniff coz we don’t play our young players. We would rather sign average players from other SPFL clubs or from EFL leagues 1 and 2

It's always a difficult balance between striving for success and blooding the youngsters. The likes of Gullen and Murray will benefit from loan spells at a decent level which gives them a chance to show what they can do with a run of games and will better prepare them to push for a 1st team place at Hibs. So I wouldn't be writing off either of them just yet.

Many of the "golden generation" also had spells out on loan although they also benefited from the TV money having disappeared at the time which saw them thrown into action much sooner than they otherwise might have been. We were maybe quite lucky that we had so much talent coming through at the time although it makes you wonder how many slip through the net because more established pros are ahead of them and they don't get a chance to shine

Billy Whizz
06-02-2021, 01:54 PM
It's always a difficult balance between striving for success and blooding the youngsters. The likes of Gullen and Murray will benefit from loan spells at a decent level which gives them a chance to show what they can do with a run of games and will better prepare them to push for a 1st team place at Hibs. So I wouldn't be writing off either of them just yet.

Many of the "golden generation" also had spells out on loan although they also benefited from the TV money having disappeared at the time which saw them thrown into action much sooner than they otherwise might have been. We were maybe quite lucky that we had so much talent coming through at the time although it makes you wonder how many slip through the net because more established pros are ahead of them and they don't get a chance to shine

Or you employ a coach like Hecky, who was brought in to develop our players, and then did the complete opposite

GoalsMcGinley
20-02-2021, 07:16 PM
Another 2 assists today for Fraser in Dunfermline’s game today.

DaveF
20-02-2021, 08:35 PM
Another 2 assists today for Fraser in Dunfermline’s game today.

Good stuff. I really hope he keeps getting game time and shows what he can do.

Is It On....
20-02-2021, 08:45 PM
Or you employ a coach like Hecky, who was brought in to develop our players, and then did the complete opposite

Heckingbottom was awful..Newall wide right is a great example of a him playing someone out of position. I thought we had made a big mistake with Newall. Turns out the mistake was the manager we had made a big mistake with because we started to improve in the first game after he was sacked with the Christian Doidge (another that looked terrible as the lone striker) getting a hatrick as part of a front of pairing.

KdyHby
28-03-2021, 06:16 AM
Fraser has a new team mate https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Henderson_signs_for_Dunfermline&ID=13044

Unseen work
17-04-2021, 01:50 PM
Another goal for Fraser today.

Still not convinced he’ll ever be good enough for us but glad to see him doing well for them none the less, he was one was desperate to see so we’ll especially after his first couple of games and the promise he showed.

Andy74
17-04-2021, 03:52 PM
Another goal for Fraser today.

Still not convinced he’ll ever be good enough for us but glad to see him doing well for them none the less, he was one was desperate to see so we’ll especially after his first couple of games and the promise he showed.

Came on as a sub.

His ability to score the odd goal isn’t in too much question but he hasn’t done well enough there to consider that he’d be pushing his way into the Hibs squad.

GoalsMcGinley
17-04-2021, 05:52 PM
Came on as a sub.

His ability to score the odd goal isn’t in too much question but he hasn’t done well enough there to consider that he’d be pushing his way into the Hibs squad.

Started more than not and has offered far more this season for the pars than Hallberg or Wright have here. Would be madness to keep those 2 on and let Fraser go.

500miles
17-04-2021, 06:00 PM
He should have got a run of games when he first broke through during the group stages of the league Cup. Instead he got benched, injured on youth international duty for a year, missing a key part of his development.

Sometimes you miss your window, and I hope that's not the case here.

Andy74
17-04-2021, 07:14 PM
Started more than not and has offered far more this season for the pars than Hallberg or Wright have here. Would be madness to keep those 2 on and let Fraser go.

Hallberg is better than Murray. Easily.

GoalsMcGinley
17-04-2021, 07:16 PM

He’s really not. Easily.

Brightside
17-04-2021, 07:28 PM
He’s really not. Easily.

Hallberg offers more to our squad than Murray.

Unseen work
17-04-2021, 07:29 PM
Different type of players but I’d have Hallberg every day of the week.

MWHIBBIES
17-04-2021, 07:30 PM

Hallberg has only 2 less goal contributions (6 vs 8), in over 300 less minutes, playing a much deeper position than Murray.

Would be madness to suggest Hallberg has less to contribute than Murray. Wright probably but not Hallberg.

GoalsMcGinley
17-04-2021, 07:31 PM
Hallberg isn’t even close to being as good as Fraser. Only 1 will still be contracted to Hibernian next season and it won’t be Melker

MWHIBBIES
17-04-2021, 07:33 PM
Hallberg isn’t even close to being as good as Fraser. Only 1 will still be contracted to Hibernian next season and it won’t be Melker

The swedish international playing for the 3rd place SPL side isn't even close to a kid whos on loan in the championship? Sorry but have a think about what you are saying. Liking Murray is one thing.

FWIW, I rate Murray and want to see him given a chance. I don't need to wrongly put other players down to say that though.

Wilson
17-04-2021, 07:34 PM
I admire some staunch defending of one of our young players. I'm not sure attacking a solid professional, with as good a pedigree as Hallberg has, is the best way to do it.

As others have said Hallberg contributes well at this level. Murray is in and out of a team lower down.

scoopyboy
17-04-2021, 07:52 PM
From what I can make out Fraser is in the wrong sport, he should be in Athletics.

Some of the figures he returns in training are truly off scale.

The fittest player at the club, sadly for me he doesn't do enough on the park.

easty
17-04-2021, 08:13 PM

It’s not even close.

I’m not a massive Hallberg fan, but he’d be Dunfermlines best player. Fraser Murray is a sub.