PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Adam Hibs Spokesman!

Percy Vere
03-02-2021, 05:35 PM
I saw Adam in the press last week criticising Hibs.
Now here he is criticising Porteous.
Why is he commenting on Hibernian?
Have I missed the time he was a Hibs player, is he on the Hibs staff?
WTF?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/charlie-adam-blasts-ryan-porteous-19763967.amp

Chorley Hibee
03-02-2021, 05:44 PM
Simple answer, he's a hun and they don't like the fact he's been winding them up the past few seasons.

Now abusing his position on an impartial (no laughing at the back) broadcaster to have a go at a fellow professional.

Typical hun behaviour.

gbhibby
03-02-2021, 05:48 PM
Charlie who?

Since452
03-02-2021, 05:55 PM
Dundee are *****

Itsnoteasy
03-02-2021, 05:59 PM
He criticised Porto after the interview he gave after the St Mirren game. Porto commented that him & Nisbet would give there all till the end of the season. Adam said he should concentrate on himself & not speak for others. I've got to agree with him.

Peevemor
03-02-2021, 06:00 PM
He criticised Porto after the interview he gave after the St Mirren game. Porto commented that him & Nisbet would give there all till the end of the season. Adam said he should concentrate on himself & not speak for others. I've got to agree with him.Why doesn't Adam just f*** off and take his own advice then?

SChibs
03-02-2021, 06:01 PM
He criticised Porto after the interview he gave after the St Mirren game. Porto commented that him & Nisbet would give there all till the end of the season. Adam said he should concentrate on himself & not speak for others. I've got to agree with him.

Unless Nesbit has made it clear to his teammates hes going to give it is all?

SaulGoodman
03-02-2021, 06:01 PM
Has anyone read the article? He doesn’t say anything I would disagree with tbh.

Peevemor
03-02-2021, 06:02 PM
Has anyone read the article? He doesn’t say anything I would disagree with tbh.It's very pot & kettle though.

lord bunberry
03-02-2021, 06:10 PM
He’s a prick, his own teeth are self isolating from each other.

Alfred E Newman
03-02-2021, 06:36 PM
Adam Charley is a slaver.

Jim44
03-02-2021, 07:03 PM
What are this tosser’s credentials for publicly commenting on the business of other clubs? Seems to me he is behaving a bit like the other Hun tosser, Kris Boyd, putting his ugly puss where it’s not needed or wanted.

Tug Wilson
03-02-2021, 07:06 PM
So Charlie Adam says that Ryan Porteous should not talk for Kevin Nisbet and then spends the rest of the article speaking for Kevin Nisbet.

Anyone see the irony in this.

I presume that Ryan has spoken to Kevin more recently than Charlie has.

Fud

Hibiza
03-02-2021, 07:34 PM
Who is Charlie Adam ?

kevo1875
03-02-2021, 07:52 PM
He is an insignificant ex hun ******

Itsnoteasy
03-02-2021, 07:55 PM
What are this tosser’s credentials for publicly commenting on the business of other clubs? Seems to me he is behaving a bit like the other Hun tosser, Kris Boyd, putting his ugly puss where it’s not needed or wanted.

Tam Mcmanus gives his views on every other club, so why not Adam.

Since452
03-02-2021, 07:56 PM
Terrific footballer. Not the brightest.

Peevemor
03-02-2021, 08:01 PM
Tam Mcmanus gives his views on every other club, so why not Adam.Tam no longer plays whereas Adam could easily end up on the same pitch as those he's criticising, either as an opponent or a team-mate.

EI255
03-02-2021, 08:09 PM
Sticky Buns will forever be bitter after the events of May 2016 and the embarrassment we caused em [emoji1787]

Sent from Walter Smiths house

Viva_Palmeiras
03-02-2021, 08:17 PM
Seems like a tag-team effort taking pot-shots at a developing player.

No chance of a promising OF player coping as much grief just call him “gallus” and praise him.

Little interest in what they have to sayS

weecounty hibby
03-02-2021, 08:24 PM
Another rent-a-hun. One of the best young players in the country and there are folk, mostly huns, queuing up to put him down. What a sad spiteful bunch the huns are. Even more so since 2016

truehibernian
03-02-2021, 08:26 PM
Watched the show and have to be honest he's right (Adam). Ryan should be far more respectful, keep his mouth shut about moves away, and get his head down and concentrate on his form and football - which has dipped and been poor of late. Love confident players but there is a time where a player has to be far more discreet. And commenting on Kevin Nisbet's behalf was very poor too. Just do what you are good at, and do it consistently Ryan :aok: only then will you progress to bigger and better things.

Both of them need to learn from this and be far more savvy. In the case of Ryan Porteous, he's not as good as he thinks he is at present but certainly can be if he continues to work hard at his game. Never bite the hand that feeds you in life young man :agree: be a bit more humble.

Jim44
03-02-2021, 08:30 PM
Tam no longer plays whereas Adam could easily end up on the same pitch as those he's criticising, either as an opponent or a team-mate.

You got there before me. Current players should have no right to publicly discuss players from other teams in their national leagues. I thought that that might be patently obvious. The SFA and SPFL should get their finger out on this ridiculous anomaly.

WeeRussell
03-02-2021, 08:33 PM
He was on Question of Sport last night. Sue Barker almost didn’t award him a point for a correct answer as she couldn’t understand him when he spoke.

truehibernian
03-02-2021, 08:34 PM
You got there before me. Current players should have no right to publicly discuss players from other teams in their national leagues. I thought that that might be patently obvious. The SFA and SPFL should get their finger out on this ridiculous anomaly.

Jim, as a counter argument you could argue that it gives those they talk about (in punditry) some extra incentive to prove them wrong ? Naismith, Gordon, O'Donnell, our own Marv have all given opinions on games and players (as pundits) - sometimes some fair criticism too............it's up to those they critique to prove them wrong (if criticised).

Itsnoteasy
03-02-2021, 08:41 PM
Watched the show and have to be honest he's right (Adam). Ryan should be far more respectful, keep his mouth shut about moves away, and get his head down and concentrate on his form and football - which has dipped and been poor of late. Love confident players but there is a time where a player has to be far more discreet. And commenting on Kevin Nisbet's behalf was very poor too. Just do what you are good at, and do it consistently Ryan :aok: only then will you progress to bigger and better things.

Both of them need to learn from this and be far more savvy. In the case of Ryan Porteous, he's not as good as he thinks he is at present but certainly can be if he continues to work hard at his game. Never bite the hand that feeds you in life young man :agree: be a bit more humble.

10/10

Peevemor
03-02-2021, 08:42 PM
Jim, as a counter argument you could argue that it gives those they talk about (in punditry) some extra incentive to prove them wrong ? Naismith, Gordon, O'Donnell, our own Marv have all given opinions on games and players (as pundits) - sometimes some fair criticism too............it's up to those they critique to prove them wrong (if criticised).Surely giving your opinion on events during a match is different from criticising what a player does or says off the field?

truehibernian
03-02-2021, 08:48 PM
Surely giving your opinion on events during a match is different from criticising what a player does or says off the field?

Criticism is criticism either way - it's up to the players (whether it's about their form during a game or off field comments) to go out, head down, and prove them wrong (or right if the criticism is positive).

Do you think the other players in the squad are happy that Ryan comments about moving on (and Kevin Nisbet) ? If I was his team mate I'd be telling him to focus on his Hibs performances and getting 3rd and a Cup before thinking about his next venture.

Rumble de Thump
03-02-2021, 08:50 PM
What did Ryan say that was wrong?

truehibernian
03-02-2021, 09:02 PM
What did Ryan say that was wrong?

In context, he's not so much said anything wrong in the sense that all young players want to progress as high as they can and Hibs are at the lower end of the football food chain in a financial sense - so it's natural that players want to earn as much as they can, and play in better leagues, as football is a short career.

But keep that private and within the club and your representatives - making public that ideally you see yourself away from Hibs is not a good way to endear yourself to supporters (and club) who have paid good money to put you where you currently are in the game. I'd far prefer players to say (publicly) that their sole focus is on Hibs and nothing more. No doubt he will move, and be a great player, but keep things a little closer to your chest and focus on your current form and the team :aok:

It also sets you up for a wee fall if your form does suffer and fans and supporters use those comments to beat you with a stick with.

Percy Vere
03-02-2021, 09:13 PM
Has anyone read the article? He doesn’t say anything I would disagree with tbh.

Not saying I disagree. Just wondering why Charlie Adam is constantly commenting on Hibs.

Percy Vere
03-02-2021, 09:15 PM
He’s a prick, his own teeth are self isolating from each other.

🤣 😂

Lancs Harp
03-02-2021, 09:21 PM
Not saying I disagree. Just wondering why Charlie Adam is constantly commenting on Hibs.

Charlie Adam is constantly commenting full stop. Lets not get a complex about him.

Rumble de Thump
03-02-2021, 09:51 PM
Was Charlie upset that Ryan said Kevin would give everything for the club and the team? Maybe I'm missing something.

Jim44
03-02-2021, 10:53 PM
Jim, as a counter argument you could argue that it gives those they talk about (in punditry) some extra incentive to prove them wrong ? Naismith, Gordon, O'Donnell, our own Marv have all given opinions on games and players (as pundits) - sometimes some fair criticism too............it's up to those they critique to prove them wrong (if criticised).

I just think it’s so unprofessional for a player to publicly discuss a fellow player. Taking your argument a stage further, why not allow players to publicly discuss referee performances and decisions. Where do you draw the line?

tonyrougier123
04-02-2021, 06:57 AM
It’s open season on porteous and nisbet,both have created that themselves with poor attitude in a transfer window half way through a season for our club.so all will comment and scrutinise form of both players.
I’m more shocked at Ryan “hibs fan”porteous than the ghost 👻 Kevin nisbet who used to score goals for us three out of the 7 months he’s been here in the beginning of a 4 yr deal,and a good few penalties which he bottled to score one in our biggest match at Hamden.both with a lot of form to find before they can consider themselves big time like Charlie and both can expect harsh views,and in my opinion rightly so.
Respect the hibs!!

bigwheel
04-02-2021, 07:10 AM
It’s open season on porteous and nisbet,both have created that themselves with poor attitude in a transfer window half way through a season for our club.so all will comment and scrutinise form of both players.
I’m more shocked at Ryan “hibs fan”porteous than the ghost [emoji317] Kevin nisbet who used to score goals for us three out of the 7 months he’s been here in the beginning of a 4 yr deal,and a good few penalties which he bottled to score one in our biggest match at Hamden.both with a lot of form to find before they can consider themselves big time like Charlie and both can expect harsh views,and in my opinion rightly so.
Respect the hibs!!

What has Ryan done wrong in this ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tonyrougier123
04-02-2021, 07:22 AM
What has Ryan done wrong in this ?

It should be a privilege to pull on the hibs jersey,me personally I wasn’t keen on the interview he done saying they will give their all too far down the line this season to not give in.I’d rather they just say I’m a hibs player and I enjoy working for the gaffer at a huge club,don’t fuel it ffs with daft interviews.

bigwheel
04-02-2021, 07:24 AM
It should be a privilege to pull on the hibs jersey,me personally I wasn’t keen on the interview he done saying they will give their all too far down the line this season to not give in.I’d rather they just say I’m a hibs player and I enjoy working for the gaffer at a huge club,don’t fuel it ffs with daft interviews.

Didn’t see anything wrong with Ryan’s interview....underlined he was happy to be here this season and had the right focus....

Came over with authenticity

And more importantly , you could see his joy when he thumped his header into the net...more important than any words for me

tonyrougier123
04-02-2021, 07:42 AM
Didn’t see anything wrong with Ryan’s interview....underlined he was happy to be here this season and had the right focus....

Came over with authenticity

And more importantly , you could see his joy when he thumped his header into the net...more important than any words for me

Don’t get me wrong if that’s what you took from it that’s fine,for me the less said about speculation the better,especially as it was conducted after the window closed,just a case of stick a lid on it for me.I would’ve been happy to see him shut it down.I feel talking about it is disrespectful to hibs.but that’s the point I’m making if you talk about it openly people will discuss it.and wether you merit the interest now you’ve openly confirmed,he’s put himself under scrutiny,added pressure he doesn’t need.and if we play badly people will point fingers for sure.

Bostonhibby
04-02-2021, 08:29 AM
He was on Question of Sport last night. Sue Barker almost didn’t award him a point for a correct answer as she couldn’t understand him when he spoke.And she was only asking his name.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Itsnoteasy
04-02-2021, 08:31 AM
And she was only asking his name.

😄

EI255
04-02-2021, 08:49 AM
If only Adam's career was so glittering....

Oh, wait [emoji848]

Sent from Dundee FC

oneone73
04-02-2021, 09:11 AM

Oh, wait [emoji848]

Sent from Dundee FC

Tbf, Adam had a good career in the EPL. And he's a Dundee fan,not a Hun. It's why he signed.

Potty78
04-02-2021, 09:26 AM
Watched the show, nothing wrong with what Adam said, he was asked his opinion he gave it. He obviously doesn't like/rate Ryan as he has slated him a few times. Porteous need to knuckle down and worry about his own performances for Hibs and he may get a better move than Millwall👍

Phil MaGlass
04-02-2021, 02:16 PM
I saw Adam in the press last week criticising Hibs.
Now here he is criticising Porteous.
Why is he commenting on Hibernian?
Have I missed the time he was a Hibs player, is he on the Hibs staff?
WTF?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/charlie-adam-blasts-ryan-porteous-19763967.amp

Exactly wtf, who is he?.. ah mean wtf? Saw a report on Edi live wtf?

Sammy7nil
04-02-2021, 02:56 PM
Charlie who?

Who is Charlie Adam ?

Oh, wait [emoji848]

Sent from Dundee FC

You will find him on Wikipedia Scottish footballer had a very decent career and one of a few Scots to play in the Premiership. Hope this helps :aok::aok::aok:

SaulGoodman
04-02-2021, 10:43 PM
You will find him on Wikipedia Scottish footballer had a very decent career and one of a few Scots to play in the Premiership. Hope this helps :aok::aok::aok:

Cheers Charlie.

The Baldmans Comb
04-02-2021, 10:55 PM
Cant say I have a problem with any of them.

Porteous and Nisbet will definitely give 100% in their remaining time with the club, chuck in a few loyalty quotes for the daft Hibs supporters that believe in that garbage and all the time making quite sure their agents keep the kettle boiling.

Ron and Mathie will budget accordingly for the transfer sales next season.

Its easy money along the way for the media rent a quotes to throw in their sixpence worth.

Thats how the football industry works.

WeeRussell
04-02-2021, 11:19 PM
And she was only asking his name.

It was actually Stephen Bunting’s name 😂

And to be fair to Charlie, he probably said it the same way most of us would on here! But that wouldn’t have had the same effect if I included that detail...

lord bunberry
05-02-2021, 09:29 AM
Charlie Adam is just another ex hun in a long line of ex huns that get jobs in the media who’s IQ begins with a decimal point.