PDA

View Full Version : New Head of communication

dp00
03-02-2021, 01:14 PM
Noticed on Facebook we are advertising for a new head of communication , anyone know if this a new position or replacement ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightside
03-02-2021, 01:18 PM
Noticed on Facebook we are advertising for a new head of communication , anyone know if this a new position or replacement ?

I thought that was Kenny's role?

oneone73
03-02-2021, 01:28 PM

I thought it was Colin's

MyJo
03-02-2021, 01:29 PM

He's got his title listed as Communications Manager.

If it isn't a rebranding of that role and we are recruiting someone to replace him then it might be a bit of a restructure and dividing up the responsibilities that Leann had as CEO between a few people managing and focusing on specific areas of the business and then reporting directly into Ron rather than trying to have one person running the entire show themselves.

James Stephen
03-02-2021, 01:39 PM
The salary on offer is not great for a role like this id say.

They may well still get someone good as its an industry lots of people want to work in, but in my opinion the job spec is pitched higher than that salary.

bingo70
03-02-2021, 01:58 PM
Is this why we’ve not had an end of transfer window round up yet? 😉

Col2
03-02-2021, 02:14 PM
My wife could do this job brilliantly but the salary is miles away from equivalent in sectors like financial services.

Jim44
03-02-2021, 03:02 PM
Pay peanuts ........ attract monkeys.

ian cruise
03-02-2021, 03:13 PM

They may well still get someone good as its an industry lots of people want to work in, but in my opinion the job spec is pitched higher than that salary.

I've found this about a lot if roles of late as I'm looking for something. Wages far below the job spec often coupled with a job spec asking for an unrealistic level of experience for the role.

I suspect many employers are taking advantage of current world events to drive down wages and dilute the appreciation of skill set some of these jobs require.

Keith_M
03-02-2021, 03:46 PM

I'm not on Facebook, so...

How much are they offering?

Since90+2
03-02-2021, 03:47 PM
What is the salary?

oneone73
03-02-2021, 03:50 PM
What is the salary?

40-45k

Alfred E Newman
03-02-2021, 03:53 PM

Is that another name for someone to answer the phone?

Tommy75
03-02-2021, 03:59 PM
Pay peanuts ........ attract monkeys.

Bit harsh. What were Rangers paying 'Jabba' - probably a decent salary and yet none of us would want him near Hibs.

I'm sure the comfortable salary and the kudos of working with one of Scotlands top teams will make the successful candidate very happy. If I was in this industry I would certainly consider going for it.

dp00
03-02-2021, 04:17 PM
Tom Zanelli seems to be a popular for it from Twitter

Certainly think we could improve communication with supporters so hopefully it does that

truehibernian
03-02-2021, 04:40 PM

Certainly think we could improve communication with supporters so hopefully it does that

Tom Zinelli would certainly be a great addition to any aspect of the media team - certainly, when and if we come out of Covid, the club could certainly do with looking at devising positive media projects to get the supporters re-invested in the club.

For what it's worth I think Hibs, Kenny Millar, and Kieran Power have done incredibly well at keeping supporters informed throughout this crisis, and pre-Covid I am sure they had some great plans in place, only to have them put on the back-burner because of the seriousness of the situation. Football has to take a back seat to the plight many are and have gone through. Plus, they have their health to look out for too.

Fingers crossed we get more positive news later in the year regarding fans back in stadiums and some semblance of normality resumes across all facets of life.

DaveF
03-02-2021, 04:48 PM
45k is far from garbage for many. What are those criticising it thinking it should be?

matty_f
03-02-2021, 04:48 PM
Tom Zinelli would certainly be a great addition to any aspect of the media team - certainly, when and if we come out of Covid, the club could certainly do with looking at devising positive media projects to get the supporters re-invested in the club.

For what it's worth I think Hibs, Kenny Millar, and Kieran Power have done incredibly well at keeping supporters informed throughout this crisis, and pre-Covid I am sure they had some great plans in place, only to have them put on the back-burner because of the seriousness of the situation. Football has to take a back seat to the plight many are and have gone through. Plus, they have their health to look out for too.

Fingers crossed we get more positive news later in the year regarding fans back in stadiums and some semblance of normality resumes across all facets of life.

To be fair, even though folk are turning their noses up at the salary, if you had that skillset and supported Hibs it would be a magic job to do.

Keith_M
03-02-2021, 04:53 PM
40-45k

Thanks.

Seems quite low

Col L
03-02-2021, 05:18 PM
Astonished at a few people’s attitudes towards a 40-45k salary. I work in the Third Sector and that’s not far off what our CEO gets.

Good for you if you have the luxury of working in a sector where that’s not seen as a decent wage, but spare a bit more thought for others, especially given the circumstances we are living in just now. Most of us get less than that and work hard for it.

I’ll just climb off the high horse now ;)

Keith_M
03-02-2021, 05:23 PM
Astonished at a few people’s attitudes towards a 40-45k salary. I work in the Third Sector and that’s not far off what our CEO gets.

Good for you if you have the luxury of working in a sector where that’s not seen as a decent wage, but spare a bit more thought for others, especially given the circumstances we are living in just now. Most of us get less than that and work hard for it.

I don't think 40-45k is necessarily a low salary in itself, it's just that it's well below the standard amount paid for this type of role, in a fairly prestigious industry.

MyJo
03-02-2021, 05:23 PM

Did you read the job spec they put out for the temporary kit-man position - Football operations logistics co-ordinator or something along those lines :hilarious

Col L
03-02-2021, 05:32 PM
I don't think 40-45k is necessarily a low salary in itself, it's just that it's well below the standard amount paid for this type of role, in a fairly prestigious industry.

Disagree with that. Many Comms roles are similar salary or often 10k less.

James Stephen
03-02-2021, 05:35 PM

I would like to think Hibs will be a bit more professional in their approach than seeing who is popular on twitter.

James Stephen
03-02-2021, 05:41 PM

I dont think anyone is saying it isn't a decent salary, it clearly is.

But the level of seniority that hibs are looking for does not match the salary. To atttact someone with a track record in corporate comms, used to operating at a senior level, and being expected to work most weekends, Hibs will struggle to.atttact someone at a senior level.

Its one of the most important roles at the club, and if theu are genuinely interested in senior communications professional with a senior track record, that is too low.

If they really want a younger person ready to step up, or a fitba journalist then its probably about right.

James Stephen
03-02-2021, 05:44 PM

Maybe in some very small charities, but not at any major operation.

I just think its an important role, and one that deserves a top appointment.

Anyway, i thought the last guy who did it was a major step up from what we have had previously, so its a shame he is leaving.

CapitalGreen
03-02-2021, 05:53 PM

Anyway, i thought the last guy who did it was a major step up from what we have had previously, so its a shame he is leaving.

Who is leaving?

Col L
03-02-2021, 06:05 PM

‘Some very small charities!’ Now you’re coming across as patronising and out of touch. Wish I hadn’t bothered saying anything now.

Hibee Mac
03-02-2021, 06:14 PM
Don't know the exact requirements of the role but our fan communication was far and away the best it's ever been when Tom Zinelli was with the club. Outside the box, loads of videos with players and interaction with fans, he was fantastic. Soon as he left it fell off a cliff.

As far as I know he would love to come back but there was never appetite for the club to pay for such a role. If this role suits him I'd love to see him back.

James Stephen
03-02-2021, 06:40 PM
‘Some very small charities!’ Now you’re coming across as patronising and out of touch. Wish I hadn’t bothered saying anything now.

Apologies, that wasnt my intention, i didnt mean to offend anyone.

Its not the cash per se, but the mismatch between seniority in the job spec and the amount.

Its a fine salary for a job, i just hoped Hibs would be aiming such a role at a more senior appointment who would attract a higher salary.

James Stephen
03-02-2021, 06:42 PM
Don't know the exact requirements of the role but our fan communication was far and away the best it's ever been when Tom Zinelli was with the club. Outside the box, loads of videos with players and interaction with fans, he was fantastic. Soon as he left it fell off a cliff.

As far as I know he would love to come back but there was never appetite for the club to pay for such a role. If this role suits him I'd love to see him back.

I suppose that also indicates that Hibs dont pay the going rate, of prioritise it as an area worth investing in.

Col L
03-02-2021, 06:44 PM

Its not the cash per se, but the mismatch between seniority in the job spec and the amount.

Its a fine salary for a job, i just hoped Hibs would be aiming such a role at a more senior appointment who would attract a higher salary.

Aye, fair enough.

Keith_M
03-02-2021, 07:08 PM

I think we'll have to agree to disagree, as it's much lower than the salaries paid to people I know that work in similar roles.

As I said, it wasn't anybody's intention to belittle people's salaries either. I spent the first half of my working life on a fraction of that amount.

Iggy Pope
03-02-2021, 07:19 PM

No idea what money the role would normally fetch but this ones at a club within the industry that’s minus income for a year now.

Iggy Pope
03-02-2021, 07:21 PM
I suppose that also indicates that Hibs dont pay the going rate, of prioritise it as an area worth investing in.

I’d suggest £45k a year is an investment right now.

jacomo
03-02-2021, 07:27 PM
My wife could do this job brilliantly but the salary is miles away from equivalent in sectors like financial services.

Are you surprised? There’s only one reason people work in finance, and it’s not because they are passionate about helping people manage their money.

Skol
03-02-2021, 07:30 PM
Perfect job for a Hibby in their mid 50s that has worked in Marketing and been made redundant recently

James Stephen
03-02-2021, 07:42 PM
Anyway, its all moot because Charlie Adam seems to be doing the job for free.

MartinfaePorty
03-02-2021, 08:39 PM
Are you surprised? There’s only one reason people work in finance, and it’s not because they are passionate about helping people manage their money.Sorry, mate, that's just not on. Finance covers a whole multitude of roles, many of them not well paid. Not everyone in finance is George Osborne.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

WestCoastHibby
03-02-2021, 08:43 PM
45k is far from garbage for many. What are those criticising it thinking it should be?

Decent dosh in my book.

Andy74
03-02-2021, 08:44 PM
Are you surprised? There’s only one reason people work in finance, and it’s not because they are passionate about helping people manage their money.

What a stupid comment.

jacomo
03-02-2021, 08:46 PM
Sorry, mate, that's just not on. Finance covers a whole multitude of roles, many of them not well paid. Not everyone in finance is George Osborne.

Ok we are sliding off topic here, but if your job is poorly paid and boring then you have my sympathies. Aim for one or the other.

jacomo
03-02-2021, 08:48 PM
What a stupid comment.

No it’s not, but thanks for your input.

MartinfaePorty
03-02-2021, 09:01 PM
Ok we are sliding off topic here, but if your job is poorly paid and boring then you have my sympathies. Aim for one or the other.No idea what you're going on about here. I'm quite happy in my well-paid job, thanks. Your comment was there's only one reason people work in finance, which by implication was money. I wanted to point out that finance was a broad church that could actually include people who do it for job satisfaction and, believe it or not, might think they do actually make a difference to other people's lives e.g. bank branch staff who could be the only contact for some vulnerable people. Anyway, if that wasn't your intention I apologise and that's me out of this thread anyway. Have a good evening.

ian cruise
03-02-2021, 09:04 PM

100% this. I'm in no way saying it's a bad wage, but when you compare it to the job spec it is definitely lower than it should be. Going to be a passion project for someone.

Brightside
03-02-2021, 09:51 PM
i 100% work in finance for the money. :greengrin I'd much rather be running a Korean Food van.

LaMotta
03-02-2021, 11:30 PM

:agree:
That job spec is worth £60k minimum I reckon.

hibee-boys
04-02-2021, 05:59 AM

Have you ever worked in finance? I have, for over 20 years, and like most industries/businesses there are the exceptions, but that comment, based on my experience, is absolute nonsense.

jacomo
04-02-2021, 07:11 AM
No idea what you're going on about here. I'm quite happy in my well-paid job, thanks. Your comment was there's only one reason people work in finance, which by implication was money. I wanted to point out that finance was a broad church that could actually include people who do it for job satisfaction and, believe it or not, might think they do actually make a difference to other people's lives e.g. bank branch staff who could be the only contact for some vulnerable people. Anyway, if that wasn't your intention I apologise and that's me out of this thread anyway. Have a good evening.

Another poster complained that the salary Hibs were offering for this job compared unfavourably with similar positions in the financial industry. There is a reason for this.

Hibs is a business with a £10m turnover. There are Edinburgh-based banks with bigger advertising budgets than that. This role needs someone with genuine passion for the job, not those who put salary first.

I’m not casting aspersions on anyone who works for a bank.

bigwheel
04-02-2021, 07:16 AM
Another poster complained that the salary Hibs were offering for this job compared unfavourably with similar positions in the financial industry. There is a reason for this.

Hibs is a business with a £10m turnover. There are Edinburgh-based banks with bigger advertising budgets than that. This role needs someone with genuine passion for the job, not those who put salary first.

You did really, you said “there’s only one reason people work in finance and it’s not to help people manage their money “. Eg it’s for money not purpose or passion ....

Finance has so many careers - from
Admin, to accounting , marketing , HR, IT, creative , product development , customer engagement, data analysis etc etc. Many will love their job and the people they work with - and have a real passion about what they do ..your original post suggested that doesn’t exist ...

Lendo
04-02-2021, 07:26 AM

You are though.

“There’s only one reason people work in finance....”

weecounty hibby
04-02-2021, 07:41 AM
I would love to be going tonwork to enjoy myself. I go to work to earn money for me and my family. Anyone who works just for the hell of it or genuinely only to help others is very lucky. The company I work for head of communications probably earns well into six figures. But we make £4b profit, and Hibs don't sadly. Folk further down the corporate relations ladder are likely earning a similar salary to the one Hibs are offering. I would think that 45k would look attractive to a Hibs fan who works in that field who may have had a successful career and looking for a new/ different challenge made all the better for working for Hibs

Since90+2
04-02-2021, 07:46 AM
I don't remember many folk at school saying that when they grow up they want to work in a bank. It's not exactly something people tend to aspire towards.

Peevemor
04-02-2021, 07:49 AM
I don't remember many folk at school saying that when they grow up they want to work in a bank. It's not exactly something people tend to aspire towards.

There aren't enough jobs for astronauts, train drivers or professional footballers to go around.

Peevemor
04-02-2021, 07:52 AM
I would love to be going tonwork to enjoy myself. I go to work to earn money for me and my family.

I enjoy my job probably 80-90% of the time. It's the remaining 10-20% that mean I'd be a cloud of dust on the horizon were I to win the lottery this weekend.

Andy74
04-02-2021, 08:06 AM

This is a more than a little bit ignorant and simplistic. Aside from the fact that folk at school have very little idea about realistically what they can do when the 'grow up'.

I'm not sure what you think banks are and how they operate but there are plenty of people who had career aspirations to be lawyers, accountants, governance professionals, marketing, communications, media, HR professionals, whatever.

We have some big financial institutions locally and of course there are people who see roles in those places in their chosen field to be something they would want to do.

Since90+2
04-02-2021, 08:11 AM
There aren't enough jobs for astronauts, train drivers or professional footballers to go around.

Of course, but there are a lot of folk who wanted to run their own business and not have a boss. That is achievable for most people. Or be a teacher, a policeman, a fireman ect. I dont think I've ever heard a child say my goal is to work in a bank.

I'm not knocking a career in financial services, they can be financially rewarding and generally offer job security, but I don't think there are many folk who end up working in that industry thinking this is always what I wanted to do.

People have to remember that Hibs are a relatively small business who make a profit of a few hundred thousand at best. There are independent restaurants in the city who do similar levels of profit. £45k a year for a company the size of Hibs is probably about right.

James Stephen
04-02-2021, 08:22 AM
Just as a reference point, the Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service is advertising for a Director of Comms

Salary range £58,446 to 75,380, depending on experience.

CentreLine
04-02-2021, 08:25 AM
Hope Kieran Power has seen the advert 🤞

matty_f
04-02-2021, 08:27 AM
Just as a reference point, the Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service is advertising for a Director of Comms

Would 100% rather work for Hibs on less money than do that!

Col L
04-02-2021, 08:31 AM

Not a relevant reference point at all. It’s a director role and a top Civil Service/public service post.

FilipinoHibs
04-02-2021, 08:33 AM
Irvine Welsh is the obvious candidate.

LaMotta
04-02-2021, 09:10 AM
Not a relevant reference point at all. It’s a director role and a top Civil Service/public service post.

It is a good reference point because the court job outlined is not a top civil service role.

Senior civil service salaries start at about £75k.

Col L
04-02-2021, 09:18 AM
It is a good reference point be because the court job outlined is not a top civil service role.

Senior civil service salaries start at about £75k.

It’s not a good reference point because it’s a million miles from working for a football club in a support role.

I could spend all day arguing but I cba. I work in Comms myself and know what is relevant benchmarking and what is not.

Hibs are professional enough to have have done their own benchmarking and 40-45k will be decent enough to attract some good calibre candidates.

danhibees1875
04-02-2021, 09:22 AM

I don't know the structure at Hibs but I see that applicants for this head of comms post apply via a head of marketing, they would then presumably work under the head of marketing - that suggests a step down from that one at SCTS which reports straight to the CEO I think.

bigwheel
04-02-2021, 09:24 AM

At school People (including teachers) don’t realise the wide variety of careers available in finance ...

LaMotta
04-02-2021, 09:35 AM
It’s not a good reference point because it’s a million miles from working for a football club in a support role.

I could spend all day arguing but I cba. I work in Comms myself and know what is relevant benchmarking and what is not.

Hibs are professional enough to have have done their own benchmarking and 40-45k will be decent enough to attract some good calibre candidates.

The key point that you have been missing the whole way through is that the job spec Hibs have put out is not written for someone in a support role.

The experience and skills listed are for a 60k plus position regardless of sector.

Probably a more difficult job to do than many imagine - the perception of Hibs comms output is largely influenced by results on the pitch.

Leitherhibs
04-02-2021, 09:43 AM
I work in Financial Services, but am lucky enough to do a job that I'm really passionate about and I love. People in FS are usually well renumerated compared to other sectors, but also generally speaking, their employers have higher expectations of them as individuals than in other sectors (not always the case but my experience).

The Hibs role is an attractive one, potentially for someone at the earlier stages of their career, but with an established track record of delivery in this field, or potentially someone later in their career looking for an exciting new challenge, and with an emotional connection to the squad.

40-45k is not to be sniffed at in the current market, there will be swathes of interest from folk and I think the club will make the right appointment as I believe they have done in the past.

GonzoReturns
04-02-2021, 09:44 AM
While the salary might be perceived to be less than that in similar titled roles, the perks that go with this role are priceless for a Hibs supporter. If I had the skills sets this would be a dream job as is any job working for the club.

Since90+2
04-02-2021, 09:46 AM
While the salary might be perceived to be less than that in similar titled roles, the perks that go with this role are priceless for a Hibs supporter. If I had the skills sets this would be a dream job as is any job working for the club.

It also offers tremendous career potential.

If the person does well they potentially put themselves in with a chance of eventually working at a club in England and if they do that they will really have hit the jackpot.

LaMotta
04-02-2021, 09:48 AM

If the person does well they potentially put themselves in with a chance of eventually working at a club in England and if they do that they will really have hit the jackpot.

These are good points:agree:

GonzoReturns
04-02-2021, 09:50 AM

This.

Col L
04-02-2021, 09:50 AM
The key point that you have been missing the whole way through is that the job spec Hibs have put out is not written for someone in a support role.

The experience and skills listed are for a 60k plus position regardless of sector.

Probably a more difficult job to do than many imagine - the perception of Hibs comms output is largely influenced by results on the pitch.

We will have to agree to disagree. IMO your comment above is simply not accurate. There are countless cross-sector examples of Job specs listing similar skills, experience and responsibilities that come nowhere near 60k.

I do agree it will be a difficult, challenging job, but as I said before 40-45k will get you a good calibre person (supported by a wider team and structure).

MWHIBBIES
04-02-2021, 09:51 AM

Do English clubs pay staff significantly more than we would? Genuinely asking. Probably a bit more but many of them also punted staff or furloughed them.

matty_f
04-02-2021, 09:52 AM

Same here, I looked at it and thought it looked like a brilliant job, then looked at the required skills and though I am lucky if I match 5-10% of them :faf:

Since90+2
04-02-2021, 09:55 AM
Do English clubs pay staff significantly more than we would? Genuinely asking. Probably a bit more but many of them also punted staff or furloughed them.

Without knowing for sure I'd imagine English Premier League clubs will pay substantially more than we do. Their budgets will dictate they can attract a far higher standard of candidate.

bigwheel
04-02-2021, 09:57 AM
It would be great for a talented Hibee to get this post - hope it happens

Lendo
04-02-2021, 10:05 AM
According to Glassdoor the average salary for “Head of Communication” in the UK is £61,756 p.a.

Keith_M
04-02-2021, 10:06 AM
We will have to agree to disagree. IMO your comment above is simply not accurate. There are countless cross-sector examples of Job specs listing similar skills, experience and responsibilities that come nowhere near 60k.

I do agree it will be a difficult, challenging job, but as I said before 40-45k will get you a good calibre person (supported by a wider team and structure).

People have disagreed with regard to what they think the standard salary for this role would be, and that's fair enough, as they're each entitled to their opinion.

However, your original comment was that people were being disrespectful to those on a lower wage that would be delighted to earn 40-45k per year.

Do you at least recognise that's not what people were doing, and that the comments on the salary (right or wrong) were based more on the perception of the relative prestige of this particular role, and weren't actually being insulting to lower paid workers?

Col L
04-02-2021, 10:11 AM
People have disagreed with regard to what they think the standard salary for this role would be, and that's fair enough, as they're each entitled to their opinion.

However, your original comment was that people were being disrespectful to those on a lower wage that would be delighted to earn 40-45k per year.

Do you at least recognise that's not what people were doing, and that the comments on the salary (right or wrong) were based more on the perception of the relative prestige of this particular role, and weren't actually being insulting to lower paid workers?

Yes, I do recognise that, thanks for asking.

nonshinyfinish
04-02-2021, 10:12 AM

Yep. A quick glance at these photos should make that pretty clear: https://behindsport.com/industry-insider-colin-millar/

(Colin was Communications Manager at the time.)

Since90+2
04-02-2021, 10:34 AM
According to Glassdoor the average salary for “Head of Communication” in the UK is £61,756 p.a.

London based roles will heavily influence that. If you took out London and SE it would probably not be far off the 45k mark.

jacomo
04-02-2021, 10:40 AM

You need to come back to the real world. There are lots of jobs that carry a lot more responsibility than this one, with a salary way below £60k.

James Stephen
04-02-2021, 10:51 AM
It all comes down to how senior an appointment Hibs are looking for.

An up and coming comms person, who is building their career, the salary will be fine, especially given the points made above about prestige etc, which i agree with.

However, i read the spec, and i supposed hoped that hibs would be looking to make a senior appointment, and attract a top professional at the top of their game.

But it is all opinion, and hibs probably can get away with paying less because of the nature of their business and sport. However that does limit the appeal to people from within the sport, and excludes folk from other sectors.

Obviously hibs will get and appoint someone, and i hope they are good and do a grand job 👍

James Stephen
04-02-2021, 10:54 AM
Yep. A quick glance at these photos should make that pretty clear: https://behindsport.com/industry-insider-colin-millar/

(Colin was Communications Manager at the time.)

As far as i can remember, he was appointed to that role with zero experience, i remember at the time thinking that was odd.

Orchard_Hibs
04-02-2021, 10:55 AM
At school People (including teachers) don’t realise the wide variety of careers available in finance ...

This is unbelievably true, I work in finance and run a verity of auxiliary service within the institution ranging from security to events.

Is It On....
04-02-2021, 11:05 AM
Irvine Welsh is the obvious candidate.

Love it

jacomo
04-02-2021, 11:05 AM
You are though.

“There’s only one reason people work in finance....”

No I’m not. Chasing the money is a totally valid choice. But it is a choice... plenty of folk would prefer this role to an equivalent one in a bank, because it offers lots of advantages despite being less well paid.

Moaning that Hibs aren’t benchmarking salaries against, say, RBS strikes me as a little ridiculous.

LaMotta
04-02-2021, 11:35 AM
You need to come back to the real world. There are lots of jobs that carry a lot more responsibility than this one, with a salary way below £60k.

I work in the real world and I'm aware of numerous people who are carrying out similar Head of Comms roles to the one described in the advert at different organisations who are earning more than £60k - in line with standards for the skills and experience outlined in the Hibs job spec.

If you are aware of other head of comms with similar experience and skills earning way less then I'd suggest they may wish to consider what else is out there:greengrin

Your point about jobs with more responsibility earning way less than £60k is correct in the unfair world we live in. Paramedics, teachers, nurses all bear more responsibility imo for far less money. I dont see how that is particularly relevant here though.

LustForLeith
04-02-2021, 12:35 PM

With hindsight I want to be one of those people in banks who sits flicking through loads of paper and fails to look up and acknowledge a queue when it’s busy

Keith_M
04-02-2021, 02:38 PM
Yes, I do recognise that, thanks for asking.

:aok:

Iggy Pope
04-02-2021, 05:45 PM

A lot of people did when I left school during early Thatcherism.
A job in a bank was steady, well paid and led to a cheap mortgage. It was attractive to a lot of school leavers. Not me mind you, I was a thicket.

FilipinoHibs
04-02-2021, 06:38 PM
Have you ever worked in finance? I have, for over 20 years, and like most industries/businesses there are the exceptions, but that comment, based on my experience, is absolute nonsense.

I worked in the investment area for 25 years. I was passionate about helping clients who mainly managed money for the masses - pensions and insurance- get better returns and good advice.

GonzoReturns
05-02-2021, 07:54 AM
Good luck to whoever gets the job. If they are struggling with ideas and expertise there will be plenty of feedback on this forum and all the other social media platforms.

GonzoReturns
05-02-2021, 07:55 AM
Same here, I looked at it and thought it looked like a brilliant job, then looked at the required skills and though I am lucky if I match 5-10% of them :faf:

5-10% show off 😂😂

matty_f
05-02-2021, 07:58 AM
5-10% show off 😂😂

Everyone lies a bit on their CV, eh? :greengrin

GonzoReturns
05-02-2021, 08:01 AM
Everyone lies a bit on their CV, eh? :greengrin

😂😂😂😂