PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen

Diclonius
02-02-2021, 06:55 PM
Can we officially declare Hibs v Aberdeen the "East Scotland derby" in the absence of Hearts?

I know the clubs are three hours apart, but that's incidental.

lord bunberry
02-02-2021, 06:57 PM
Can we officially declare Hibs v Aberdeen the "East Scotland derby" in the absence of Hearts?

If we beat them on Saturday we’re 5 points ahead and in pole position for at least 3rd.

Since452
02-02-2021, 06:59 PM
I'd rather not call anything a derby

calumhibee1
02-02-2021, 06:59 PM
I'd rather not call anything a derby

:agree:

If there’s one way to ensure we stuff it up on Saturday it’s to call it a derby.

Nakedmanoncrack
02-02-2021, 07:00 PM
Well unfortunately, our record against them is 'Derby like'.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-02-2021, 07:03 PM

the seven roundabouts derby (for anyone that knows the navigation through Dundee (let’s face it who’d want to be stuck in Dundee ;))

hibbysam
02-02-2021, 07:03 PM
2 wins since Xmas, form like that will never allow them to finish 4th.

Irish_Steve
02-02-2021, 07:04 PM
Fit like Derby

Phil MaGlass
02-02-2021, 07:04 PM

well they regularly cuff us, so, aye:greengrin

Pretty Boy
02-02-2021, 07:06 PM
With the respective form of Livingston and Aberdeen I'm more worried about the challenge coming from West Lothian.

I think McIness will be away in the summer. A job in the lower half of the English Championship will come up and he'll take it.

Northernhibee
02-02-2021, 07:06 PM
I miss the doughnut derby's that Wimpy used to do. Warm ring doughnut topped with Mr. Whippy ice cream, chocolate sauce and chopped nuts. You could try and make it yourself but that'd make you some kind of psycopath.

Billy Whizz
02-02-2021, 07:08 PM
With the respective form of Livingston and Aberdeen I'm more worried about the challenge coming from West Lothian.

I think McIness will be away in the summer. A job in the lower half of the English Championship will come up and he'll take it.

It’s quite scary we only have 6 games to the split, season is flying in
Think Livvi’s game in hand is at home to Rangers

hibbysam
02-02-2021, 07:10 PM
It’s quite scary we only have 6 games to the split, season is flying in
Think Livvi’s game in hand is at home to Rangers

11 games to go for us, 15 points means Livi would need 22/23 from 36 to overtake us, that’s how difficult it is going to be for them. They’d probably have to beat us twice. I’m confident we have too much for them.

Unseen work
02-02-2021, 07:11 PM
The way it’s going Livi will finish 3rd, what a run they’re on.

GreenCastle
02-02-2021, 07:12 PM
Well unfortunately, our record against them is 'Derby like'.

Think it’s worse recently.

After the last Livi derby nonsense you think we would learn.

Aberdeen have 6 points from us this season already. 6 points to play for against them.

Smartie
02-02-2021, 07:13 PM
the seven roundabouts derby (for anyone that knows the navigation through Dundee (let’s face it who’d want to be stuck in Dundee ;))

The ones around Dundee must be called circles, mind.

Frazerbob
02-02-2021, 07:19 PM
Some Sheep stats.....
1 win in 7
2 wins since Xmas
1 goal from open play in 9 games
We all know the script 🤣

Andy74
02-02-2021, 07:22 PM

Surely the way it is going we will? Unless you have us in 2nd?

worcesterhibby
02-02-2021, 07:24 PM

No. :lips seal

Hiber-nation
02-02-2021, 07:25 PM
Some Sheep stats.....
1 win in 7
2 wins since Xmas
We all know the script 🤣

Yep it just seems so obvious...Kamberi to score, Lewis to have a brilliant game after having a mare tonight etc. etc.

But even though we weren't great at all tonight I think we'll sneak it.

The Captain....
02-02-2021, 07:28 PM
Worryingly I feel quite confident about playing Aberdeen at the weekend.

inglisavhibs
02-02-2021, 07:38 PM
We need to win the battles first, too often they win the physical side. It’s a massive game for us now as they still have to visit Celtic Park twice before the split.

Nicho87
02-02-2021, 07:39 PM
Joe Lewis MOTM performance coming up. Standard

hibbysam
02-02-2021, 07:40 PM
They are absolutely slating Hornby on Twitter 😂

Hibernia&Alba
02-02-2021, 07:41 PM
Hibs v Livi is the big derby :agree:

GreenCastle
02-02-2021, 07:42 PM
Read the Aberdeen Twitter and many fans want DM out.

They seem a bit stuck - I’ve said for a long time I think his over rated - lack of trophies shows this with the resources he’s had.

No idea who they would want to replace him though. Anyway finishing above them would definitely get under their skin.

truehibernian
02-02-2021, 07:43 PM
Aberdeen were abject tonight, nothing up front, midfield disjointed, and players arguing amongst themselves, almost not knowing their roles.

Livingston were very hard working but industrial - clinical and got lucky with a horrible goalkeeper error for the first.

Work hard and close them down, do the basics, and take our chances - confident of a Hibs win if we do that :aok:

Onion
02-02-2021, 07:45 PM

Big game. Jack Ross.

There you go, back down to earth :greengrin

Since452
02-02-2021, 07:45 PM
Aberdeen fans saying Hornby is abysmal. Probably score against now.

3pm
02-02-2021, 07:47 PM

I am unsure if he'd get a gig at that level now. I can see him at the PBS one day though. 😁

allmodcons
02-02-2021, 07:47 PM
This from their fans forum. The Sheep are very angry tonight :greengrin

Once again I allowed myself to get duped in to thinking we had a chance of reeling in septic due to us bringing in some fresh blood up front and septic continuing to be unusually *****. Silly, silly me how could I have overlooked the FACT that we are being managed by a ****IN MORON who is not capable of having a go at challenging for anything due to complete lack of bollocks. Forget about any chance of second, keep this up and we could end up fifth and no European third round exit next season. If that's what it takes to get rid of this clown and allow someone else with some drive and passion to have a go then I am prepared to suffer the pain. It's got to be better than a death of a thousand cuts which is what this prick has been subjecting me to for at least the last couple of years.

RossScott1991
02-02-2021, 07:48 PM
Aberdeen with 1 win in 7

Play Hibs at the weekend. What could possibly go wrong

Coach Jon
02-02-2021, 07:55 PM
Similar as in the derbies, our lack of winning mentality comes to the fore in games against Aberdeen, no matter our form going into these games we normally are beaten before we cross the white line. Football normally boils down to desire and hunger, and that is where we are found wanting.
, as can be seen from our pathetic record in these fixtures.

BSEJVT
02-02-2021, 08:00 PM
Similar as in the derbies, our lack of winning mentality comes to the fore in games against Aberdeen, no matter our form going into these games we normally are beaten before we cross the white line. Football normally boils down to desire and hunger, and that is where we are found wanting.

You really are a ray of sunshine aren’t you?

I hope the coach part is a red herring, I would hate to think of you coaching anyone especially youth’s

Since452
02-02-2021, 08:01 PM
They're due a heavy battering like we gave them last season

Andy74
02-02-2021, 08:03 PM

If you ignore how the games actually went...

Newry Hibs
02-02-2021, 08:03 PM
Aberdeen with 1 win in 7

They just need a striker who's bang out of form.

gaz1875
02-02-2021, 08:10 PM
I thought it was really strange they got rid of both target men (Cosgrove & Main) and brought in 3 strikers that will be no where near match fit.

Hibernia&Alba
02-02-2021, 08:11 PM
Aberdeen with 1 win in 7

Ah yes, the Hibs FC charity, raising points for teams struggling to win. How many times have we seen that before? We can't allow it to happen in such a big game.

Northernhibee
02-02-2021, 08:13 PM

Once again I allowed myself to get duped in to thinking we had a chance of reeling in septic due to us bringing in some fresh blood up front and septic continuing to be unusually *****. Silly, silly me how could I have overlooked the FACT that we are being managed by a ****IN MORON who is not capable of having a go at challenging for anything due to complete lack of bollocks. Forget about any chance of second, keep this up and we could end up fifth and no European third round exit next season. If that's what it takes to get rid of this clown and allow someone else with some drive and passion to have a go then I am prepared to suffer the pain. It's got to be better than a death of a thousand cuts which is what this prick has been subjecting me to for at least the last couple of years.

The Aberdeen fans I know are absolutely desperate to get rid of McInnes but one said he's on £17k a week so it would cost a small fortune to do so.

easty
02-02-2021, 08:14 PM
The Aberdeen fans I know are absolutely desperate to get rid of McInnes but one said he's on £17k a week so it would cost a small fortune to do so.

I don’t believe for a second he’s on £17k a week

JimBHibees
02-02-2021, 08:15 PM

You do realise we won tonight. What a loser mentality

Northernhibee
02-02-2021, 08:16 PM
I don’t believe for a second he’s on £17k a week

It's pretty well accepted he's on a ludicrous wage - just what I heard from my friend but he may not be that ITK. It's almost certainly a ludicrous wage for a bang average manager who doesn't win much.

Since452
02-02-2021, 08:19 PM
I think they'd try and tempt Jack Ross if they punted McInnes. Try and turn his head with wages.

HFC93
02-02-2021, 08:19 PM
Dissapointing night for Aberdeen's famous forward line.

allmodcons
02-02-2021, 08:20 PM

Even half of that is serious money up here. Mental if true.

HendoDelivered
02-02-2021, 08:20 PM
No doubt they will have a stormer against us at the weekend. Our record vs them of late is pretty terrible

B.H.F.C
02-02-2021, 08:21 PM
I know it’s only one game so doesn’t prove a great deal but I thought the business they did in the window was crap. Their squad is as weak as it’s been for ages and third place is there for us.

They’re looking at a pretty big rebuild. They still have some decent players and McIness generally knows how to beat us but we need to be looking to beat them on Saturday.

02-02-2021, 08:22 PM
I think they'd try and tempt Jack Ross if they punted McInnes. Try and turn his head with wages.

They might well do. Hopefully they end up with Lennon instead.

1van Sprou7e
02-02-2021, 08:22 PM
Dissapointing night for Aberdeen's famous forward line.

Incredible acheivment from livi to keep a clean sheet against these legendary forwards

Onion
02-02-2021, 08:23 PM
Would love to beat Abedeen to 3rd place, and even happier if Livi could pip them for 4th.

No team or set of fans is in more need of being brought down a peg or two ....

......blue-nosed, Huns excepted, of course :greengrin

B.H.F.C
02-02-2021, 08:24 PM
It's pretty well accepted he's on a ludicrous wage - just what I heard from my friend but he may not be that ITK. It's almost certainly a ludicrous wage for a bang average manager who doesn't win much.

I’m sure I remember seeing that he was on half a million a year or something like that. I think it was pretty common knowledge that his wages are way above that of your average SPFL manager.

Tyler Durden
02-02-2021, 08:35 PM
Hedges and Taylor went off injured for them tonight. Hopefully Hedges misses out for Saturday, probably their best player this season.

gaz1875
02-02-2021, 09:04 PM
Hedges and Taylor went off injured for them tonight. Hopefully Hedges misses out for Saturday, probably their best player this season.

Hedges would be a big loss for them, fingers crossed he misses the game.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-02-2021, 09:05 PM
Aberdeen fans saying Hornby is abysmal. Probably score against now.

Thats just the way it is :) (ok that was Bruce HornSby)

Northernhibee
02-02-2021, 09:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59RJJGl2Hpw

Their own goal. Absolute howler.

truehibernian
02-02-2021, 09:10 PM
Hedges would be a big loss for them, fingers crossed he misses the game.

Watching the game have to be honest and say although he fell awkwardly on his shoulder, he looked like he simply didn't fancy it and I got the impression from their management and physio that they felt he could continue.........walked away off the pitch no problem.........for me he looks a right soft touch and just didn't fancy Livi's robust approach.

houstonhibbee
02-02-2021, 09:15 PM
I’m sure I remember seeing that he was on half a million a year or something like that. I think it was pretty common knowledge that his wages are way above that of your average SPFL manager.
17k pw = 1 million annually

Glory Lurker
02-02-2021, 09:18 PM
Thats just the way it is :) (ok that was Bruce HornSby)

And The Rangers.

RyeSloan
02-02-2021, 09:22 PM
17k pw = 1 million annually

Yeah he’s not gonna be on that.

But I’m sure he will have milked the Huns interest a few years ago and will have been in good money since.

1van Sprou7e
02-02-2021, 09:27 PM

My word that is something else

Northernhibee
02-02-2021, 09:32 PM
My word that is something else

Jamie Langfield earned the nickname "Clangers" but Lewis appears to have more howlers in him than Langfield did. We shouldn't be afraid of testing him from distance at the weekend.

Sweet Left Peg
02-02-2021, 09:32 PM
Northern Huns

DJ HIBBY
02-02-2021, 09:40 PM
Yeah he’s not gonna be on that.

But I’m sure he will have milked the Huns interest a few years ago and will have been in good money since.

Heard a while ago from ex pros that Mcinnes on £1m a year, they threw money at him to stop him going to rangers

Jones28
02-02-2021, 10:01 PM

Sets him up nicely for the usual world class performance he seems to have against us.

Since452
02-02-2021, 10:05 PM
Heard a while ago from ex pros that Mcinnes on £1m a year, they threw money at him to stop him going to rangers

And Sunderland. He's done a cracking job up there but other clubs priced out going for him.

The 90+2
02-02-2021, 10:17 PM
Northern Huns

Harsh. They hate they just as much as us.

Magpie
02-02-2021, 10:24 PM
And Sunderland. He's done a cracking job up there but other clubs priced out going for him.

He’s done well and I’d be happy with getting 3rd every season but that’s the minimum expectation up there now with the 3rd biggest budget in the league. It seems the fans are starting to get bored of the style of play and are starting to lose patience about not winning any trophies, just the league cup in McInnes reign, no Scottish Cup since 1990. With the budget they have the fans probably expect them to have done better in Europe too.

Sweet Left Peg
02-02-2021, 10:26 PM

Which is why it winds them up so much. They revel in all the sheep ****ging references. So if you want to annoy them, call them Northern Huns.

Since452
02-02-2021, 10:29 PM
He’s done well and I’d be happy with getting 3rd every season but that’s the minimum expectation up there now with the 3rd biggest budget in the league. It seems the fans are starting to get bored of the style of play and are starting to lose patience about not winning any trophies, just the league cup in McInnes reign, no Scottish Cup since 1990. With the budget they have the fans probably expect them to have done better in Europe too.

Yup. Their cup record over the last 30 years is worse than both Edinburgh clubs.

Pretty Boy
02-02-2021, 10:47 PM

McInnes has done a good job there when you consider what he inherited. He took them from 8th to 3rd in a season and they won the League Cup. The issue is he probably peaked too soon, 3rd and a cup is an exceptional season for anyone outside Glasgow yet Aberdeen fans seem to expect a trophy every season now. That's not to say McInnes couldn't have done better, there are a couple of really poor semi final losses in there that we would rightly be fuming about but I think all the finals he lost were v Celtic.

I think it just shows the nature of football fans. People on here who have stated reaching semi finals and finishing 4th is relative success for Hibs, and it most definitely is, are also stating McIness should go or should be under pressure for doing exactly that or better year in year out at Aberdeen.

Obviously McIness and Ross are at different stages of their managerial careers at their respective clubs so it's an imperfect comparison. However if Ross can achieve the same level of consistency as Aberdeen have shown over the last few years and throw in a trophy I'd be pretty happy overall. In saying that Aberdeen probably need a fresh face in and I think it will happen this summer. Scottish football is a short term business, Ross has been here just over a year and is already the 5th longest serving manager in the league. McIness is something of an anomaly at one of the bigger clubs in having lasted so long.

Magpie
02-02-2021, 10:54 PM
McInnes has done a good job there when you consider what he inherited. He took them from 8th to 3rd in a season and they won the League Cup. The issue is he probably peaked too soon, 3rd and a cup is an exceptional season for anyone outside Glasgow yet Aberdeen fans seem to expect a trophy every season now. That's not to say McInnes couldn't have done better, there are a couple of really poor semi final losses in there that we would rightly be fuming about but I think all the finals he lost were v Celtic.

I think it just shows the nature of football fans. People on here who have stated reaching semi finals and finishing 4th is relative success for Hibs, and it most definitely is, are also stating McIness should go or should be under pressure for doing exactly that or better year in year out at Aberdeen.

Obviously McIness and Ross are at different stages of their managerial careers at their respective clubs so it's an imperfect comparison. However if Ross can achieve the same level of consistency as Aberdeen have shown over the last few years and throw in a trophy I'd be pretty happy overall. In saying that Aberdeen probably need a fresh face in and I think it will happen this summer. Scottish football is a short term business, Ross has been here just over a year and is already the 5th longest serving manager in the league. McIness is something of an anomaly at one of the bigger clubs in having lasted so long.

I’m quite surprised he never took the Rangers job, I wonder what his reasonings were behind that. I can only assume he felt they weren’t good enough to challenge and was scared of tarnishing his reputation by being eventually sacked?

Pretty Boy
02-02-2021, 11:01 PM
I’m quite surprised he never took the Rangers job, I wonder what his reasonings were behind that. I can only assume he felt they weren’t good enough to challenge and was scared of tarnishing his reputation by being eventually sacked?

I think that's almost exactly it.

McIness would never have been given the time Gerrard has been afforded there. Remember it's only just over a year since Rangers fans were close to turning on SG and the players. His profile, as well as the steady progress he had made to that point, bought him time DM would never have got.

pollution
02-02-2021, 11:10 PM
In any other season we would have had a full house for this coming match, with seat counting hoping for returns.

What an atmosphere there would have been.

Magpie
02-02-2021, 11:30 PM
In any other season we would have had a full house for this coming match, with seat counting hoping for returns.

What an atmosphere there would have been.

Hopefully the club make a nice earner through PPV sales. Wish we could be there instead though.

Northernhibee
03-02-2021, 05:32 AM
Both goals came from simple crosses not being dealt with. I’d start with Cadden as he likes to pepper the box with crosses from deep.

JimBHibees
03-02-2021, 06:30 AM
You really are a ray of sunshine aren’t you?

I hope the coach part is a red herring, I would hate to think of you coaching anyone especially youth’s

:greengrin

Hillsidehibby
03-02-2021, 06:42 AM
“Cheer up Neil Lennon” song at ER?

ian cruise
03-02-2021, 07:16 AM
“Cheer up Neil Lennon” song at ER?

Most folk in Scottish Football have a dislike of Neil Lennon. We were the same before he managed Hibs. He's a divisive character and makes himself an easy target.

Crunchie
03-02-2021, 07:21 AM
Most folk in Scottish Football have a dislike of Neil Lennon. We were the same before he managed Hibs. He's a divisive character and makes himself an easy target.

I couldn't stand the guy as a player and it took me a while to warm to him as our manager.

easty
03-02-2021, 07:58 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/55913584

Highlights from the Aberdeen game. They’re all over the place at the back, the marking for that second goal...what marking?

How was Lewis Ferguson not sent off for that challenge though? He should be out of the game on Saturday, clear straight red.

Heisenberg
03-02-2021, 08:02 AM

While this is true, it doesn’t excuse them using the sectarian word that they did during their rendition of said song.

jacomo
03-02-2021, 08:19 AM

He’s not going to leave then is he?

Although... I think it’s likely Gerrard will leave in the summer, so maybe DM will finally pitch up at Ibrox?

Alfred E Newman
03-02-2021, 08:24 AM
They've taken 9 points from their last 5 games, we've taken 10.

Since452
03-02-2021, 08:27 AM
They've taken 9 points from their last 5 games, we've taken 10.

But everyone talking about Martindale and not Jack Ross

Hillsidehibby
03-02-2021, 08:30 AM
While this is true, it doesn’t excuse them using the sectarian word that they did during their rendition of said song.

Which was my point in the reference to Northern Huns 👍

bigwheel
03-02-2021, 08:31 AM

Lol. That’s because they’ve also not lost and won most of the 10 games before that too ...their run is incredible - deserves plaudits. Hope it ends soon :)

Mikey_1875
03-02-2021, 08:33 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/55913584

Highlights from the Aberdeen game. They’re all over the place at the back, the marking for that second goal...what marking?

How was Lewis Ferguson not sent off for that challenge though? He should be out of the game on Saturday, clear straight red.

Two shocking goals to concede. Looks like Livi were close to adding to it although there chance possibly looked over the line.

Only thing that would save Ferguson is that his eyes looked to be on the ball but could easily have been given a red. For being a good player he is very cynical and does pick up plenty cards unlike his predecessor Shinnie. Wishful thinking but hope we have a strong ref on Sat who will clamp down on there usual antics early doors and punish the constant cheap fouls.

DH1875
03-02-2021, 08:38 AM

Because doing it with Livi and doing it with Hibs it 2 different things.

Keith_M
03-02-2021, 09:21 AM

Given their results in the last fourteen games is W-11, D-3, L0... plus the draws were two against Celtc and one against Aberdeen... and they're in a cup final against St Johnstone where they must be massive favourites, I think that's probably fair enough.

Squealing pig
03-02-2021, 09:23 AM
Mcinnes in

mjhibby
03-02-2021, 09:31 AM
They aren’t as bad as some are making our. Much the better team on the sat v Livi and missed loads of chances. Had Lewis not made that unbelievable cock up id have fancied them to at least draw. They seem to have a lot of injuries which is making team selection tricky. McInnes blamed not having Wright and then hedges injury. Can’t believe folk think they had a good window. Lost Cosgrove and Wright and also let Bruce Anderson go to Hamilton. Hopefully we are over our run of injuries and keep picking up points. They look low in confidence and when your not scoring the pressure mounts on the defence. It’s all about getting results and McInnes seems to get one from somewhere. Have a feelingvthe game might be in doubt as weather horrendous for next 4 days.

GreenCastle
03-02-2021, 09:35 AM
Since July 2006

Aberdeen have beaten Hibs 23 times!!

Hibs have beaten Aberdeen 10 times.

15 draws in that time.

Hibs haven’t won away against Aberdeen since May 2012.

Last Hibs win against Aberdeen at ER was December 2019 - 3v0 and definitely a positive in the Jack Ross era.

Before that it was Feb 2018 when we beat them at ER.

Last 3 games against Hibs after the 3-0 Hibs win - Aberdeen have won 2-0, 1-0 and 3-1.

Our record against them is awful and drastically needs to improve.

Onion
03-02-2021, 10:49 AM
Since July 2006

Aberdeen have beaten Hibs 23 times!!

Hibs have beaten Aberdeen 10 times.

15 draws in that time.

Hibs haven’t won away against Aberdeen since May 2012.

Last Hibs win against Aberdeen at ER was December 2019 - 3v0 and definitely a positive in the Jack Ross era.

Before that it was Feb 2018 when we beat them at ER.

Last 3 games against Hibs after the 3-0 Hibs win - Aberdeen have won 2-0, 1-0 and 3-1.

Our record against them is awful and drastically needs to improve.

Awful record. However, much of this coincided with Aberdeen's strategic decision in 2012 to throw huge amounts of cash at McInnes, with Glasgow Rangers out of the picture. He built, and has maintained, the best squad of players outside of Celtic, and has used them effectively. Hibs have been a mixed bag.

jacomo
03-02-2021, 10:52 AM
Awful record. However, much of this coincided with Aberdeen's strategic decision in 2012 to throw huge amounts of cash at McInnes, with Glasgow Rangers out of the picture. He built, and has maintained, the best squad of players outside of Celtic, and has used them effectively. Hibs have been a mixed bag.

Yes but swapping for an entirely new strike force in January is a gamble. It’s one that we have taken in recent seasons, and it’s worked out for us, but Aberdeen don’t have time for their new guys to get settled.

Northernhibee
03-02-2021, 10:56 AM
Yes but swapping for an entirely new strike force in January is a gamble. It’s one that we have taken in recent seasons, and it’s worked out for us, but Aberdeen don’t have time for their new guys to get settled.

It's worse than that, they signed a new strike force in a day. Came across as panic buying and the Aberdeen fans do not seem impressed by Hornby at all. That leaves them with Captain Grumpy and the second choice striker from St Johnstone. Who knows, it may work out for them, but yesterday showed that if you get crosses from deep into their box then there are chances to be created from it.

lord bunberry
03-02-2021, 11:06 AM
Aberdeen haven’t had to do anything to beat us this season. The first game we conceded a ridiculous penalty and they won 1-0, the second game we absolutely gifted them two goals early on and they won 2-0. If we cut out the errors we will win.

1van Sprou7e
03-02-2021, 11:07 AM
Porteous McGregor and Hanlon will be absolutely buzzing to face Kamberi I'm sure, hopefully put him in his place

dchibs
03-02-2021, 11:09 AM
I miss the doughnut derby's that Wimpy used to do. Warm ring doughnut topped with Mr. Whippy ice cream, chocolate sauce and chopped nuts. You could try and make it yourself but that'd make you some kind of psycopath.

I got a vision of Nigela Lawson when Iread that.:greengrin

hibbysam
03-02-2021, 11:11 AM
Porteous McGregor and Hanlon will be absolutely buzzing to face Kamberi I'm sure, hopefully put him in his place

He won’t be playing. Not even in the country yet and still waiting on a work permit. Can’t see that being a quick process just now.

1van Sprou7e
03-02-2021, 11:17 AM
He won’t be playing. Not even in the country yet and still waiting on a work permit. Can’t see that being a quick process just now.

That would be good news. Good player on his day and you just know he'd step up against us

Hornby and Hendry do not worry me so much

Unseen work
03-02-2021, 11:58 AM
It will be a very tough game.

Aberdeen just seem to get results against us even when they’re rotten and we’re decent.

They’ve plenty big players in their team - Considine, Hoban, Taylor, Hornby, McCrorie and Ferguson so we really need to concentrate with high balls and set pieces. Gogic tends to give away some stupid ones throughout the game which he can’t afford to do on Saturday as it gives them hope.

Im not sure what team Ross will go for as Porteous came on centre half last night and Boyle moved back wide and he looked good.

But, I can’t help but think it’s a game for McGregor to start centre half due to his aerial strength and how he defends from set pieces. Also Boyle’s pace up top could massively work in our favour as Aberdeen will try to come out more against us and none of their centre half’s are quick.

Magpie
03-02-2021, 12:13 PM

Because he’s had 14 games as manager, undefeated with 11 wins and 10 clean sheets, also one game away from winning a trophy. People are going to be talking about him.

fiolex1
03-02-2021, 08:03 PM
We need to treat this game as our cup final we never had.This is a must win in our race to be third

ian cruise
03-02-2021, 10:02 PM

Apologies, I'd forgotten about that part of the song, and you are of course correct.

NOLA
04-02-2021, 06:47 PM
Some Sheep stats.....
1 win in 7
2 wins since Xmas
We all know the script [emoji1787]

Dons win [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we are hibs
04-02-2021, 07:02 PM
How many fouls will Aberdeen get away with before their first booking compared to our first booking after our first foul?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

CB Hibs 68
04-02-2021, 11:25 PM
Guaranteed Aberdeen will be up for Saturday's game as they always are against us.It is up Hibs to match them in terms of application and then put away the chances we create.Got a feeling Jackson Irvine is going to be a big player for us on Saturday and weighs in with a MOM performance.

Bristolhibby
05-02-2021, 12:13 AM
Some Sheep stats.....
1 win in 7
2 wins since Xmas
We all know the script 🤣

I’m getting my house on an Aberdeen win, with Kamberi to score at any time.

J

Suburban Hibby
05-02-2021, 05:36 AM
There is an article on bbc about the current demise at Aberdeen- it states that finishing third and the subsequent euro places, even dropping into euro conference league the sheep estimate could be worth 4 million to them. Really makes you realise how important Saturday is- oh for a packed Easter Road!!!

JammyDoidger
05-02-2021, 05:40 AM
Don't care how we do it, just beat them. I believe we have the better team, and I think this is when the tide turns, c'mon the cabbage.

JimBHibees
05-02-2021, 06:06 AM
How many fouls will Aberdeen get away with before their first booking compared to our first booking after our first foul?

Every chance given Collum is reffing it.

Greenbeard
05-02-2021, 09:16 AM
I got a vision of Nigela Lawson when Iread that.:greengrin
Could be the answer every time to a tangential culinary word association game.
I'll start you off with soft peaks......

Hibbyradge
05-02-2021, 09:26 AM

That could have been lifted from here after any defeat. Best ignored.

The problem for that individual was laid bare with his first words. His expectations are the problem, not the manager's ability.

Hibbyradge
05-02-2021, 09:32 AM
I’m getting my house on an Aberdeen win, with Kamberi to score at any time.

J

Bet void.

At least you'll get your house back.

Sioux
05-02-2021, 09:46 AM
That could have been lifted from here after any defeat. Best ignored.

The problem for that individual was laid bare with his first words. His expectations are the problem, not the manager's ability.

That wouldn't happen on here right enough.

For some, 3rd in the league is what is expected, and 4th is failure.

1van Sprou7e
05-02-2021, 10:52 AM
Bet void.

At least you'll get your house back.

McInnes hopeful that they'll have Kamberi available tomorrow

Northernhibee
05-02-2021, 10:56 AM
McInnes hopeful that they'll have Kamberi available tomorrow

Can we replicate the clapping out of the windows that we had last year, but instead have a #BoooooooForKamberi?

FilipinoHibs
05-02-2021, 10:58 AM
I worry about our midfield coping with Ferguson and McCoire (apologies for soelling).

hibbydog
05-02-2021, 11:52 AM
Hibs v Aberdeen script as below

Aberdeen - a side full of 6ft hammer throwers- sit in the whole game
Hibs dominate possession and huff and puff without looking dangerous
Hibs make a mistake at the back which is clinically punished
Hibs huff and puff some more
Aberdeen never look troubled and see out the win

McInnes keeps Aberdeen on a consistent solid footing - finishing 3rd or 4th every year whilst their fans are frustrated about the boring football and glass ceiling in Scottish Football which wont go away

Hibs fans get fed up being unable to lay a glove on Aberdeen yet again

Of course I hope I'm wrong, perhaps I'm just readying myself for the worst.

GGTTH

we are hibs
05-02-2021, 12:20 PM
That boy Hedges is out for the season for them. Hes one of their better players.

04Sauzee
05-02-2021, 12:20 PM
The manager today confirmed in his press conference that Ryan Hedges will likely miss the remainder of the season due to the injury sustained on Tuesday night.
Full coverage from the press conference to follow. https://t.co/5QtgP9hsHe

Heisenberg
05-02-2021, 12:31 PM
Flo Kamberi not making it for them either.

Unseen work
05-02-2021, 12:32 PM
I read in an article today Aberdeen are projected to finish on 64 points this season, which would be the worst total they’ve had under McInnes is his 8 year spell.

Our record points tally is 67 points which Lennon set a couple of years ago and Ross is on the right track for achieving this.

I think this shows how far ahead Aberdeen have been and how Ross is doing a really good job to get us back to where we should be and close the gap on Aberdeen.

Sean1875
05-02-2021, 12:46 PM
That boy Hedges is out for the season for them. Hes one of their better players.

Obviously wouldn’t wish an injury on anyone but that’s good news for us. Aberdeen fans all seem pretty unanimous that he’s been their best player this year and has carried them in a lot of games.

Carheenlea
05-02-2021, 12:58 PM

They should try and get Josh Benson in from Burnley.

Stanton Spence
05-02-2021, 01:15 PM
They should try and get Josh Benson in from Burnley.Just out of curiosity why do you think that they should? Or am I missing something [emoji848]

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
05-02-2021, 01:23 PM
Just out of curiosity why do you think that they should? Or am I missing something [emoji848]

You need a fag :greengrin

Brightside
05-02-2021, 01:24 PM
Thats them lost a lot of their best players. sheep.net must be in meltdown.

Stanton Spence
05-02-2021, 01:25 PM
You need a fag :greengrinI'm on the roll ups now CWG price of fags is outrageous [emoji23]

Frazerbob
05-02-2021, 01:33 PM
I read in an article today Aberdeen are projected to finish on 64 points this season, which would be the worst total they’ve had under McInnes is his 8 year spell.

Our record points tally is 67 points which Lennon set a couple of years ago and Ross is on the right track for achieving this.

I think this shows how far ahead Aberdeen have been and how Ross is doing a really good job to get us back to where we should be and close the gap on Aberdeen.

There’s no place for a post like this in here. Ross must go!! Doom! Happy Clappers GTF!

Greenbeard
05-02-2021, 02:05 PM
Obviously wouldn’t wish an injury on anyone but that’s good news for us. Aberdeen fans all seem pretty unanimous that he’s been their best player this year and has carried them in a lot of games.

"But, but the fans haven't seen me yet", said one of their new signings.

hibbyfraelibby
05-02-2021, 02:12 PM
Just out of curiosity why do you think that they should? Or am I missing something [emoji848]

Whoosh...some Players are just available

Hibees1973
05-02-2021, 02:23 PM
After years of them being the benchmark for us we now have them where we want them.

Now, can we win tomorrow to put daylight between them and us. Not saying if we win tomorrow we will definitely be third.

I always think they are a bit more streetwise and smarter than us when we play them and it may turn out to be the same again. They have one or two players ! would like in our side, but tbh so do we. The 'Ross out' people on here will want him gone again if we lose tomorrow.

I am not convinced we will win tomorrow after previous bottle jobs recently, but hope we do.

Stanton Spence
05-02-2021, 02:28 PM
Whoosh...some Players are just availableCheers W I kinda thought as much [emoji85]

CropleyWasGod
05-02-2021, 02:29 PM
I'm on the roll ups now CWG price of fags is outrageous [emoji23]

Especially B&H :greengrin

Magpie
05-02-2021, 02:52 PM
Wouldn’t wish injury upon anyone but Morelos. However, that is good news for us.

Tambo
05-02-2021, 06:28 PM
Really looking forward to this one.

How will Jack go about this? Nisbet to start? Cadden or Boyle on the right? Which formation? So many questions.

I've liked the midfield balance of Goigc and Irvine so hopefully they can get stuck in and battle again.

I think Boyle is more effective out wide in my opinion and him and Murphy will also be key, I wonder the amount of fouls Aberdeen will commit.

2-1 Hibs.

147lothian
06-02-2021, 02:48 AM
I don't want to state the obvious, but this game really is a humdinger, a win and we go 5 points clear of them and they have a harder run in to the split, Livingston have an even tougher run in, putting us in pole position for third place, the stakes couldn't really be much higher.

Lancs Harp
06-02-2021, 12:51 PM
I don't want to state the obvious, but this game really is a humdinger, a win and we go 5 points clear of them and they have a harder run in to the split, Livingston have an even tougher run in, putting us in pole position for third place, the stakes couldn't really be much higher.

I agree, its the first time Ive used Hibs tv. Looking forward to it.