PDA

View Full Version : Gerrard GTF!

EI255
02-02-2021, 03:44 PM
Moaning about consistency and hinting that McGregor should have been sent off after fat headed moron Morelos got a 3 game ban for assaulting Porteous.

Seriously?

No comparison in McGegor's challenge, you absolute trumpet.

Sent from Columbia

hibbysam
02-02-2021, 03:50 PM
Moaning about consistency and hinting that McGregor should have been sent off after fat headed moron Morelos got a 3 game ban for assaulting Porteous.

Seriously?

No comparison in McGegor's challenge, you absolute trumpet.

Sent from Columbia

Whilst I don’t agree if he was referring to the McGregor incident, he’s got a point regarding consistencies with it.

The system as a whole is ***** as it basically punishes the team twice by having to play against someone that should’ve been off, and then their competitors getting to play the team without one of their players also.

Then you just have to look at some of the stuff that goes unpunished to see why it would be selective. If it’s highlighted on Sportscene it’s brought up, if it’s not it’s forgotten about.

Since452
02-02-2021, 03:50 PM
He needs to look at his own fruitcake McGregor and not ours

matty_f
02-02-2021, 03:51 PM
McGregor's incident, while if you only look at the very last seconds of it might look comparible, really wasn't when viewed as a full incident.

Gerrard looks like he's pushing out a particularly tricky toley. Can't stand the man.

If he's wanting consistency he'll be amazed to see that penalties can be given AGAINST Rangers from time to time.

1van Sprou7e
02-02-2021, 03:57 PM
The desperation from Rangers fan comparing the two incidents is truly laughable

JimBHibees
02-02-2021, 04:00 PM
McGregor's incident, while if you only look at the very last seconds of it might look comparible, really wasn't when viewed as a full incident.

Gerrard looks like he's pushing out a particularly tricky toley. Can't stand the man.

If he's wanting consistency he'll be amazed to see that penalties can be given AGAINST Rangers from time to time.

Yep can't stand him also can you imagine the wailing he would have put out there if the roles had been reversed last week and a Hibs player should have walked early doors then subsequently scored the winner. If he had an ounce of decency he would have accepted they dodged a bullet but no always hard done to Rangers.

hibbysam
02-02-2021, 04:06 PM
Yep can't stand him also can you imagine the wailing he would have put out there if the roles had been reversed last week and a Hibs player should have walked early doors then subsequently scored the winner. If he had an ounce of decency he would have accepted they dodged a bullet but no always hard done to Rangers.

He did accept they dodged a bullet. He openly said it didn’t matter how many times he watched it he couldn’t find a defence for it.

EI255
02-02-2021, 04:13 PM
Fat face brutally assaulted our player.

Ours didn't.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Crunchie
02-02-2021, 04:22 PM

Is it just since he went to Rangers you can't stand him? Serious question mate and I'm asking you as one of the more level headed posters.
I always liked him at Liverpool as a player but there seems to be a fair bit of hatred for him around on here.

Saint Hibee
02-02-2021, 04:25 PM
Is it just since he went to Rangers you can't stand him? Serious question mate and I'm asking you as one of the more level headed posters.
I always liked him at Liverpool as a player but there seems to be a fair bit of hatred for him around on here.
He’s drunk the Kool-aid.

1van Sprou7e
02-02-2021, 04:26 PM

Personally always disliked him, unreal players and you have to respect his achievements but always thought he was a roaster

Crunchie
02-02-2021, 04:27 PM
He’s drunk the Kool-aid.
Not got a clue what that means :faf:

Bostonhibby
02-02-2021, 04:27 PM
Always been a bit of a roaster and looks like he's slipped up with this one as well.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Crunchie
02-02-2021, 04:29 PM
Personally always disliked him, unreal players and you have to respect his achievements but always thought he was a roaster
Why was he a roaster when at Liverpool? Never had an opinion on the man personally just always rated him as a player and respected him as a one club man when he had chances to move on.

Jonnyboy
02-02-2021, 04:30 PM
Clearly doesn't understand the difference between standing on a player and getting yellow carded for it and stamping on a player and getting off scot free. The only inconsistency here is that Morelos wasn't punished at the time, as he should have been.

Saint Hibee
02-02-2021, 04:31 PM
Not got a clue what that means :faf:
It means he’s joined a cult, a particularly weird and perverse one, and has now been brainwashed. (The kool-aid is what all of the cult members drank at the Jonestown massacre.)

Crunchie
02-02-2021, 04:34 PM
It means he’s joined a cult, a particularly weird and perverse one, and has now been brainwashed. (The kool-aid is what all of the cult members drank at the Jonestown massacre.)
Gotcha :offski:

Billy Whizz
02-02-2021, 04:36 PM
Did he say anything about the fact, his player who should have been sent, scored the winning goal

matty_f
02-02-2021, 04:41 PM

Rated him as a player, opinion of him as deteriorated rapidly since he joined Rangers - right from his first game at Aberdeen where he claimed Rangers never got decisions and were a class above Aberdeen my opinion has steadily worsened of him.

Crunchie
02-02-2021, 04:51 PM
Rated him as a player, opinion of him as deteriorated rapidly since he joined Rangers - right from his first game at Aberdeen where he claimed Rangers never got decisions and were a class above Aberdeen my opinion has steadily worsened of him.
Thanks Matty appreciate the reply.
I suppose players and managers alike churn out the usual bs when joining the old firm, it must be a clause in their contracts.

WeeRussell
02-02-2021, 04:56 PM
Why was he a roaster when at Liverpool? Never had an opinion on the man personally just always rated him as a player and respected him as a one club man when he had chances to move on.

Did have a few ‘nasty streak’ incidents and hard man acts while at Liverpool, and I think an incident where he assaulted a DJ? I think maybe enough for some to perhaps throw the “roaster” term his way anyway.

Having said that.. my severe dislike for him definitely didn’t come about until he joined rangers. But that’s on him.. he’s adopted the common habit of turning into a hun w@knee since going there :)

I genuinely do think he’s up there with the most dislikeable old firm managers in my time.

Nonetheless - an absolutely superb footballer.

Hibs Class
02-02-2021, 07:33 PM
Did have a few ‘nasty streak’ incidents and hard man acts while at Liverpool, and I think an incident where he assaulted a DJ? I think maybe enough for some to perhaps throw the “roaster” term his way anyway.

Having said that.. my severe dislike for him definitely didn’t come about until he joined rangers. But that’s on him.. he’s adopted the common habit of turning into a hun w@knee since going there :)

I genuinely do think he’s up there with the most dislikeable old firm managers in my time.

Nonetheless - an absolutely superb footballer.

He was a very good player, especially in Liverpool’s CL success, but I always felt around that time that Scholes, Lampard and Beckham were all better, and the fact they all have English league winners medals whilst Gerrard failed to win one must rankle with him.

WeeRussell
02-02-2021, 07:40 PM
He was a very good player, especially in Liverpool’s CL success, but I always felt around that time that Scholes, Lampard and Beckham were all better, and the fact they all have English league winners medals whilst Gerrard failed to win one must rankle with him.

I have to admit to believing Gerrard is the one from that English crop that I would have wanted in my midfield.

As much as I’d like to revise that now... the dirty hun :)

RoscoHibby
02-02-2021, 07:53 PM
I thought he was a helluva player, you can’t like football much if you didn’t rate Gerrard as a player. The quintessential talisman and what a back catalogue of goals.

Grudging respect for him has been slowly eroded the longer he has been at that mob. Some of the comments and constant bleating will do that. As will being manager of the most deplorable club ever.

Here’s some ammo for the ‘he’s a roaster’ side, doesn’t seem to be common knowledge up here, but my old man (big Liverpool fan and hibby) stays on Merseyside. Was good few years ago now, but essentially old slippy knocked up his wife’s 16yr old wee cousin, had to pay off lot of gangster types down that way to keep it out the media. Bout half a mill is what I heard. Just thought I’d share since on topic...

Carheenlea
02-02-2021, 07:57 PM
All he’s doing is defending his club. He knows he’s slavering but it’ll be lapped up by Rangers fans and best ignored by everyone else.

hibbysam
02-02-2021, 07:58 PM
We will see if he’s proved right again if they decide to take action against Ajeti for diving to win a penalty.

jacomo
02-02-2021, 08:12 PM
Gerrard will be leaving in the summer surely?

It won’t get better than winning the league and they need to raise money by selling players.

He can resign and leave on a high.

Green Cabbage 7
02-02-2021, 08:27 PM
He’s having a laugh surely, fat boy clearly stamps on Ryan, fair enough big Daz rag dolls Kamara, but clearly he keeps the back of his foot up and toes down as he’s off balance. Nothing in it.

Hibs1969
02-02-2021, 08:45 PM
Did he not make some ridiculous comment that the Huns had been on the wrong end of decisions going back many years when he’d only been at Greyskull for a couple of weeks? It didn’t take him long to be fitted with some tight fitting blue-tinted specs that’s for sure.

Quite why he tolerates Morelos and his antics is beyond me. Morelos is a bombscare who if he screwed the nut could be a real asset, but he’s as likely to score a decent goal as he is to stamp on an opponent. He’s an absolute liability. If our referees did their job properly he would have been red carded at least twice this season and maybe ourselves and Dundee Utd might have picked up points from games we ultimately lost, in our case after that bawbag had scored the winner.

WeeRussell
02-02-2021, 10:17 PM
Did he not make some ridiculous comment that the Huns had been on the wrong end of decisions going back many years when he’d only been at Greyskull for a couple of weeks? It didn’t take him long to be fitted with some tight fitting blue-tinted specs that’s for sure.

Quite why he tolerates Morelos and his antics is beyond me. Morelos is a bombscare who if he screwed the nut could be a real asset, but he’s as likely to score a decent goal as he is to stamp on an opponent. He’s an absolute liability. If our referees did their job properly he would have been red carded at least twice this season and maybe ourselves and Dundee Utd might have picked up points from games we ultimately lost, in our case after that bawbag had scored the winner.

Definitely did. Claimed that his impression (potentially a collective view from down his way) was that Rangers didn’t get decisions.

Something bawbaggish and utterly absurd (and quite ironic) along those lines.

Scott Allan Key
02-02-2021, 10:46 PM
He’s drunk the Kool-aid.More of a Blue Meany than a Merry Prankster.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Scott Allan Key
02-02-2021, 10:51 PM
It means he’s joined a cult, a particularly weird and perverse one, and has now been brainwashed. (The kool-aid is what all of the cult members drank at the Jonestown massacre.)I honestly though you were referring to The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe in his documentary of the embryonic counter culture in America, specifically Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters. Still works as a metaphor.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
02-02-2021, 11:27 PM
I thought he was a helluva player, you can’t like football much if you didn’t rate Gerrard as a player. The quintessential talisman and what a back catalogue of goals.

Grudging respect for him has been slowly eroded the longer he has been at that mob. Some of the comments and constant bleating will do that. As will being manager of the most deplorable club ever.

Here’s some ammo for the ‘he’s a roaster’ side, doesn’t seem to be common knowledge up here, but my old man (big Liverpool fan and hibby) stays on Merseyside. Was good few years ago now, but essentially old slippy knocked up his wife’s 16yr old wee cousin, had to pay off lot of gangster types down that way to keep it out the media. Bout half a mill is what I heard. Just thought I’d share since on topic...

Pretty sure that story is not true.

He can still GTF and Walk Alone though as long as he manages that manky mob.

The 90+2
02-02-2021, 11:35 PM
Why do they care?

I just thought they where a bunch of moaning faced complaining ***** taking Celtics place because they won zero.

Miles ahead in the league, it's like us not cringing Lennon scrapping with Duffy when we are skooshing the Champ. Morelos is a tit, he knows that, he still won the ***** the game. why not just be thanjful they got away with that and bring in Roofe or Defoe. It's not as if the replacement is Lafferty.

The 90+2
02-02-2021, 11:41 PM

Of course it's not. Pays gangsters to make sure his wife doesn't find out but everyone who doesn't like him in Liverpool knows the story :greengrin

He was though threatened not to go to Chelsea by people Skem way linked somehow to Bartons cousins who killed that poor boy. But he was always signing a new deal anyway. They randomly took credit for that.

I'm the opposite, I can't believe the job he's done there. Wes Fordingham in goal, a squad full of utter gutless losers into what they are now. That's a special talent to do so. Tavernier is going to be player of the year when he was a joke figure for three. It's an outrageous turnaround.

Scouse Hibee
02-02-2021, 11:45 PM
Of course it's not. Pays gangsters to make sure his wife doesn't find out but everyone who doesn't like him in Liverpool knows the story :greengrin

He was though threatened not to go to Chelsea by people Skem way linked somehow to Bartons cousins who killed that poor boy. But he was always signing a new deal anyway. They randomly took credit for that.

That’s another bollox myth, he was threatened but **** all to do with Chelsea move.

Keith_M
03-02-2021, 08:43 AM
He finally admitted that there was no defence for what Morelos did, after initially claiming not to have seen it, but spent most of the interview trying to paint his team as perennial victims of miscarriages of justice.

He managed to turn an incident in a game from which his team benefited into a whiney rant about his poor wee oppressed team, always the victims.

DH1875
03-02-2021, 08:53 AM
That’s another bollox myth, he was threatened but **** all to do with Chelsea move.

So what was it to do with then?

hhibs
04-02-2021, 04:07 PM

Me too.

Carheenlea
12-02-2021, 02:06 PM
Bear in mind, Steven Gerrard is 40 years old

“Why not just have no referees and we'll just make all the decisions days and hours after the game and we'll go from there?"

:lolrangers:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56040252

Oscar T Grouch
12-02-2021, 02:11 PM
Bear in mind, Steven Gerrard is 40 years old

“Why not just have no referees and we'll just make all the decisions days and hours after the game and we'll go from there?"

:lolrangers:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56040252

I couldn't believe that when I read earlier today. He does realise that his team benefits from referees 'missing' these things in matches. If they had been done at the time they would have had to have played two matches with a man down and Morelos wouldn't have been on the pitch to score against us. Lennon has also been flapping his gums about consistancy saying the two glasgow arse cheeks are treated worse than any other teams in the league WTAF:confused:

The Harp Awakes
12-02-2021, 02:30 PM
Gerrard has a brain the size pea. Total d1ckhe@d.

Keith_M
12-02-2021, 02:40 PM
The Rangers and Celtc are the biggest victims of poor refereeing decisions, according to both Gerrard and Lennon.

:faf:

silverhibee
12-02-2021, 03:02 PM

:agree:

His Uncle Bobby would have sorted them out. :wink: :greengrin

silverhibee
12-02-2021, 03:05 PM
The Rangers and Celtc are the biggest victims of poor refereeing decisions, according to both Gerrard and Lennon.

:faf:

Think Lennon is just trolling Celtc fans now, agreeing with Slippy won't go down well with the GB.

The Count
12-02-2021, 03:24 PM
Just wish the media would ask Gerard "How would you got on in the games when Morelles and Roofe should of been sent off"? Would you have won these games? The man was a good player but he his thick as ????

Jim44
12-02-2021, 03:50 PM
He was an excellent player and a good servant to Liverpool but he was always a bit of a dick. Going to Ibrox completed his dick-hood.

JimBHibees
12-02-2021, 05:01 PM
Just wish the media would ask Gerard "How would you got on in the games when Morelles and Roofe should of been sent off"? Would you have won these games? The man was a good player but he his thick as ????

Absolutely incredible given he has benefited three times this season from not being a player down in the first half of games and has the neck to claim they have been wronged. The biggest question is of course why referees continually bottle out of giving decisions against them. All three the referee had perfect views yet bottled out of it. Sooner var is brought in the better as palpably the refs up here aren't fit for purpose. No wonder they have gone the season unbeaten and to have not had a penalty given against them all season is frankly absolutely hysterica.

Saint Hibee
12-02-2021, 05:10 PM
He’s a complete welt, but a good football manager.

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-02-2021, 05:19 PM
Just saw his interview on STV there and it proves he is trying it on, I love the way they showed the Daz incident but not the lady boys challenge on Ryan 😡

Since452
12-02-2021, 05:23 PM
He’s a complete welt, but a good football manager.

Is he? Spent millions and hasn't won anything in a two horse race

Billy Whizz
12-02-2021, 05:30 PM
Wonder if he’s feeling the pressure

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-02-2021, 05:36 PM
Leeds United? 🤔

HoboHarry
12-02-2021, 05:47 PM
Pretty silly comments from him there. Christ - who would be the referees looking at VAR? Even if we had spare top class referees (we don't IMHO), it would do the rest of us no good having them sitting in a booth.

Lendo
12-02-2021, 06:03 PM
Is he? Spent millions and hasn't won anything in a two horse race

Exactly, would be found out pretty quickly at any other team.

Jim44
12-02-2021, 06:14 PM
Exactly, would be found out pretty quickly at any other team.

:agree: Any manager who can’t be a total success at Ibrox is a failure. SG is experiencing some success just now but there’s no kudos in that.

bigwheel
12-02-2021, 06:20 PM
Think he has taken his time to settle. Had a poorish first season, started well last year then faded badly . Think he has learnt a lot and overall has been excellent this year . Seems to have grown a lot as a manager .

He’ll get a decent job when he moves on ..still too early to know if he’ll be a top manager, but certainly showing signs of quality this year in the league and in Europe ..

Joe6-2
12-02-2021, 07:52 PM
Nauseating little pr***

Viva_Palmeiras
13-02-2021, 06:02 AM
Wasn’t he up against a charge in a pub for a fracas with a DJ? And case was dismissed / found not gulty?

Keith_M
13-02-2021, 07:45 AM
Wasn’t he up against a charge in a pub for a fracas with a DJ? And case was dismissed / found not gulty?

Yeah, but that's only because they didn't have VAR

RoscoHibby
13-02-2021, 08:18 AM

Well was just a couple of old boys in a Kirkby boozer telling me. Staunch Liverpool fans, one of them was the brother of a Liverpool legend. Showed me a photo of him with the European cup couple of days after Istanbul, taken in said pub. Have no reason whatsoever to disbelieve them. Also said Gerard’s wife was girlfriend of some notorious boy down there before she got with him, so he had various issues in the past. As I said previous, just passing on what I was told..

JimBHibees
13-02-2021, 08:24 AM
Yeah, but that's only because they didn't have VAR

Or Kevin Clancy was deciding on his guilt and saw it as a tangle of legs? :greengrin

Diclonius
13-02-2021, 10:49 AM

Curious as to what actually happened? That whole saga was bizarre.

Stevie Reid
04-03-2021, 11:24 AM
Apologies if already posted elsewhere, but this is a lovely bit of trolling by the BBC ahead of Liverpool v Chelsea tonight :greengrin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/56270843

.Sean.
04-03-2021, 12:39 PM
Curious as to what actually happened? That whole saga was bizarre.
Always wondered this too, strange sequence of events

Mikey
04-03-2021, 12:46 PM
Apologies if already posted elsewhere, but this is a lovely bit of trolling by the BBC ahead of Liverpool v Chelsea tonight :greengrin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/56270843

:greengrin

Did Chelsea win the title that year?

bigwheel
04-03-2021, 12:49 PM

Think that last story was doing the rounds , but was an exaggeration of the (at the time rumoured but not public ) true story of Giggs and his brothers wife .....

Pagan Hibernia
04-03-2021, 01:06 PM
:greengrin

Did Chelsea win the title that year?

I think Man City ended up winning it