PDA

View Full Version : S*** Stirring Tabloids

hibby rae
02-02-2021, 12:38 PM
I see the DR are at it today, making us out to be the bad guys in the Nisbet situatio and leaving him "unsettled."

"Source close to the player". So his agent called them up then.

Also saying Birmingham took the offer off the table is the equivalent of a guy saying 'didnae fancy you anway" after being rejected by a girl.

drumatic44
02-02-2021, 12:58 PM
The problem with all this is that nobody knows what goes on behind the scenes. Is his agent at it looking for a large slice of the action, does the boy feel under pressure to go for a big bucks move, his father having passed, maybe he feels it necessary to try and help out his family. There could be a load of reasons here that we don't know about. He'll get his move for sure Hibs have never been backwards at letting people go if the deal is right for both parties.
As for the gutter press they've never been shy of giving us a kicking whatever the reason. But at the end of the day it's chip paper for the huns. !!

Rumble de Thump
02-02-2021, 01:09 PM
When a tabloid quotes an unnamed source the source usually doesn't exist.

Unseen work
02-02-2021, 01:18 PM
Birmingham took an offer off the table that had already been rejected and one they knew didn’t meet Hibs valuation.

I don’t see how they can make a big deal out of it. We might have been happy for Nisbet to leave and had a replacement ready, but they still need to meet the valuation. We’re not going to offload a top prosepct on the cheap because he’s ‘down’.

Delighted with the ambition shown by Hibs.

As for Nisbet, he’s got a lot of making up to do and needs to hit the ground running again starting tonight.

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2021, 01:38 PM
Birmingham took an offer off the table that had already been rejected and one they knew didn’t meet Hibs valuation.

I don’t see how they can make a big deal out of it. We might have been happy for Nisbet to leave and had a replacement ready, but they still need to meet the valuation. We’re not going to offload a top prosepct on the cheap because he’s ‘down’.

Delighted with the ambition shown by Hibs.

As for Nisbet, he’s got a lot of making up to do and needs to hit the ground running again starting tonight.

Why does he have a lot of making up to do? Wanting a move is not disrespectful IMO. Its not as if he demanded to leave, or refused to play etc.

hibby rae
02-02-2021, 02:02 PM
Why does he have a lot of making up to do? Wanting a move is not disrespectful IMO. Its not as if he demanded to leave, or refused to play etc.

We also can't say 100 per cent he wanted a move.

He must be aware he's in a strong position to make the Euros squad. A move away could jeopardise that.

On a side note, if he plays then and scored (especially against England) then he'll have far better suitors and we can add more on to the asking price.

Scott Allan Key
02-02-2021, 02:19 PM
BBC Radio Scotland having a go too. Headline from last night was Hibs 'preventing' a move for Nisbet and how 'unhappy' he would be. And who was the expert to analyse horrible Hibs spoiling this lad's dream move? Biscuits ****ing Preston.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

JohnMcM
02-02-2021, 02:33 PM
Is it annoying? Yes.
Is it worth getting angry or upset about it? Probably not.
Has it happened before? Yes.
Will it happen again? Yes.
Can you stop it? No.

For the sake of your health, and to stop cats getting booted, budgies shouted at and dogs taken out for long walks in the rain, it’s probably best to let it go.:greengrin

Jim44
02-02-2021, 02:51 PM
Is it annoying? Yes.
Can you stop it? No.

For the sake of your health, and to stop cats getting booted, budgies shouted at and dogs taken out for long walks in the rain, it’s probably best to let it go.:greengrin

I think this makes sense. We get angry about it, and make all sorts of threats about banning and boycotting the media but at the end of the day, who the hell really gives a damn about it? The muppets who peddle the nonsense probably get some cheap therapeutic pleasure putting the boot into their targets but is it worth getting our knickers in a twist over it?

Since452
02-02-2021, 02:52 PM
Don't buy their papers or click on their links. Kill them at the source

CMurdoch
02-02-2021, 02:59 PM
I see the DR are at it today, making us out to be the bad guys in the Nisbet situatio and leaving him "unsettled."

"Source close to the player". So his agent called them up then.

Also saying Birmingham took the offer off the table is the equivalent of a guy saying 'didnae fancy you anway" after being rejected by a girl.

You clicked on it. They get advertising money. You are part of the problem. That is their business model.
If you don't like it or them don't click on it.

Scott Allan Key
02-02-2021, 03:05 PM
Is it annoying? Yes.
Can you stop it? No.

For the sake of your health, and to stop cats getting booted, budgies shouted at and dogs taken out for long walks in the rain, it’s probably best to let it go.:greengrinThe media operate in a Venn diagram with agents. They're both **** stirrers, often with agendas that do neither players or clubs any real benefit. The area they cross over in is making money that is almost entirely self-interested.

Someone mentioned on another thread about English footballers challenging agents who do not have to disclose offers, with the possible outcome that players lose out on transfers because the agent fee is lower.

where'stheslope
02-02-2021, 03:07 PM
So much business gets done in a back door way, that has now become a norm that we are used to???
Make an offer for a player, player hands in a transfer request, team says no, player ends up getting pelters from the fans, (fortunately not at this time!).
We now know the player wants to leave, so we get the problem and the other team and the players agent just sit and wait till the next transfer window!!
Mean time our team does not get the best out of the player in case of injury, only one loser and its us!!!!

Stanton Spence
02-02-2021, 03:25 PM
So much business gets done in a back door way, that has now become a norm that we are used to???
Make an offer for a player, player hands in a transfer request, team says no, player ends up getting pelters from the fans, (fortunately not at this time!).
We now know the player wants to leave, so we get the problem and the other team and the players agent just sit and wait till the next transfer window!!
Mean time our team does not get the best out of the player in case of injury, only one loser and its us!!!!If you mean that hibs won't be getting the same committed player who will be holding back not giving his all then I'm afraid he will be at hibs for a long time and won't be getting any move soon

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Since452
02-02-2021, 03:32 PM
If you mean that hibs won't be getting the same committed player who will be holding back not giving his all then I'm afraid he will be at hibs for a long time and won't be getting any move soon

Hibs have done him a massive favour. Birmingham are a basket case club heading to the wilderness of English league one looking at their form. Stick in at Hibs, get in the Euros squad and he'll land himself a much bigger and better club than them, more wages and a bigger transfer fee for Hibs to boot. Birmingham lol.

chrisski33
02-02-2021, 03:39 PM
Hibs have done him a massive favour. Birmingham are a basket case club heading to the wilderness of English league one looking at their form. Stick in at Hibs, get in the Euros squad and he'll land himself a much bigger and better club than them, more wages and a bigger transfer fee for Hibs to boot. Birmingham lol.

this is where i am. if he moves in the summer if he buckles down and nets goals another club with more potential than Birmingham will be in for him

Jim44
02-02-2021, 03:42 PM
Mean time our team does not get the best out of the player in case of injury, only one loser and its us!!!!

That stalemate situation operates if the player has settled for the particular team in question but what if there is a good chance of other teams becoming interested and joining a bidding war. It’s in the players interest to exhibit a good attitude and showcase his skills and ability. He’ll not do that sitting, sulking on his erchie for weeks on end.

Since452
02-02-2021, 03:42 PM
this is where i am. if he moves in the summer if he buckles down and nets goals another club with more potential than Birmingham will be in for him

Yup. And I'd wish him well in the summer if that was the case.

Aldo
02-02-2021, 03:43 PM
Instead of criticising Hibs surely the Scottish media should be praising Hibs for their stance on their contracted player??

I’d ban the lot of them from ER!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibby rae
02-02-2021, 03:44 PM
You clicked on it. They get advertising money. You are part of the problem. That is their business model.
If you don't like it or them don't click on it.

Clicked on it from a BBC link to see if there was any evidence to their claim. So it becomes more reasonable to criticise their output as I'm not just doing it based on a subjective dislike of them.

Plus, because one person has looked at it, has highlighted the content (note I didn't post a link). Then no one else has to.

Since452
02-02-2021, 03:45 PM
Instead of criticising Hibs surely the Scottish media should be praising Hibs for their stance on their contracted player??

Incredible isn't it. How dare we want to keep a top talent, under contract for the next four years, in Scotland unless we get what we were wanting. Shame on us.

The Baldmans Comb
02-02-2021, 03:48 PM
Hibs are the good guys in this as they weren't prepared to sell at a price that didn't meet their valuation.

£3m cash up front would have swung it but that's nowhere near how the transfer fee was constructed and Hibs made the judgement call that the deal wasn't worth it.

Nisbet and his agent then tried to force the deal through and failed miserably but no harm in that as its a player who wants to move on to life changing money just as quick as he can.

Hibs mean nothing to him other than its his present employer and that's absolutely fine as he was perfectly upfront about wanting out.

Stanton Spence
02-02-2021, 03:57 PM
Hibs have done him a massive favour. Birmingham are a basket case club heading to the wilderness of English league one looking at their form. Stick in at Hibs, get in the Euros squad and he'll land himself a much bigger and better club than them, more wages and a bigger transfer fee for Hibs to boot. Birmingham lol.Makes sense mate and I'm still not sure that Nisbet has done much wrong
If he can attract the offers he's getting now and most would agree that he's not been firing on all cylinders and understandably so with his personal loss. Imagine once he does get back going and improving he will have much better clubs after him offering better wages etc

Aldo
02-02-2021, 04:06 PM
Incredible isn't it. How dare we want to keep a top talent, under contract for the next four years, in Scotland unless we get what we were wanting. Shame on us.

Indeed.

Can guarantee they wouldn’t printEd that about any of the Ugly sisters.

02-02-2021, 04:11 PM
BBC Radio Scotland having a go too. Headline from last night was Hibs 'preventing' a move for Nisbet and how 'unhappy' he would be. And who was the expert to analyse horrible Hibs spoiling this lad's dream move? Biscuits ****ing Preston.

When you've got a Jambo like Preston analysing something Hibs related then it's no surprise the BBC "balance" goes out the window. Particularly when Jim Traynor, as a director of Nisbet's agent, has probably had a hand in feeding the media the story in the 1st place.

staunchhibby
02-02-2021, 04:12 PM
Hibs should be commended for there stance and not vilified

Is It On....
02-02-2021, 04:19 PM

100% agree with that. The problem is young players moving too soon and to the wrong club. In this case I think that Birmingham tick both boxes in the wrong way. If he keeps progressing then I think Sheffield United will be back in the summer as they will send his goals as a way of getting them back into the EPL.

Crunchie
02-02-2021, 04:23 PM
Don't buy their papers or click on their links. Kill them at the source
This times 10

Liam978
02-02-2021, 04:39 PM
Never heard Biscuits last night but did today and he was very complimentary towards us. Said that the" Laddie " had been subject to some very bad advice, and that if he buckles down and recaptures his form bigger clubs than Birmingham will come calling. Ended by saying that he did'nt think Kevin would make the starting line up tonight though.

Real Emerald
02-02-2021, 04:45 PM

Exactly and his agent should also be banned from Easter Road for making this public. All of the bickering could have been done in private and none of the fans would be any the wiser. The tube has now created a situation surrounding Nisbet’s Hibs career that could easily have been avoided, utter dick.

Crunchie
02-02-2021, 04:55 PM
Never heard Biscuits last night but did today and he was very complimentary towards us. Said that the" Laddie " had been subject to some very bad advice, and that if he buckles down and recaptures his form bigger clubs than Birmingham will come calling. Ended by saying that he did'nt think Kevin would make the starting line up tonight though.
There are very few people that I can't stand, but he's one of them. I remember after they got promoted and were flying high the following season how he was going on about how Hearts didn't need Hibs and they were filling their stadium for every home game.
How's that going for you now biscuits?

ancient hibee
02-02-2021, 04:56 PM
Ross denies that Nisbet made a transfer request while Moira Gordon says he appealed directly to Ron(which I find very difficult to believe).

Viva_Palmeiras
02-02-2021, 05:14 PM
One of the worst examples (Cup Final and Hillsborough to one side) of Tabloid #%^wittery was the publishing of pictures and words featuring the colour, make and model of Hugh Dallas car and his address after the game where he was hit (apparently by a 50p?!) during an OF match.

The shameless author of the piece didn’t even have the balls to put his/her name to the explosive article.

That evening Dallas’ windows were panned (by a neighbour as it turned out in the end)

Pretty Boy
02-02-2021, 05:16 PM
It's almost as if the tabloids want the talent drain down south to continue with peanuts coming the other way.

It's about time Scottish clubs started demanding more for our players. We have seen players leave here for single digit millions or less and be valued at or sold for tens of millions 18 months later. Of course players develop after playing at a higher level but not by 10, 15 or 20 times.

Hibs should be praised for standing firm and demanding our valuation of our player was met. If other clubs want to roll over and have their bellies tickled then that's on them. I have no issue with Nisbet either. He has ambitions, he wants to earn the big bucks and he may well have had his head turned. It happens, if he knuckles down and recaptured his form for us then I'll have no complaints.

1 8 7 5
02-02-2021, 08:28 PM
This times 10

agreed!

It would not bother me one bit if Hibs.net banned users from putting up links to these vile rags. They are a disgrace to our club

Carheenlea
02-02-2021, 08:40 PM
Unhappy players

https://i.postimg.cc/rsTcb5QY/03-E9-F1-BD-3-D6-E-40-E4-BB45-4-CAC8-F47-B430.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

LustForLeith
03-02-2021, 09:57 AM
Is it annoying? Yes.
Can you stop it? No.

Post of the year

Any story, fact or fiction, needs two things. Characters and conflict. Tabloids more than anything rely on the this

The world would be a duller place without either

EI255
03-02-2021, 01:29 PM
The Daily ****** are obsessed with Hibs and trying to stir things. Seems an almost daily occurrence.

Thick reporting from people with very narrow minds.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk