PDA

View Full Version : Games before the split

Paul1642
30-01-2021, 04:52 PM
With 7 games left to play prior to the split a look at the fixtures shows there is no reason not to be in 3rd place at the split. We have

St Mirren (a)
Aberdeen (h)
Ross county (a)
Hamilton (H)
Motherwell (h)
St Johnstone (a)
Livi (a)

There is no reason why we can’t take a lot of points from what is on paper a good run of fixtures. We really need to take good results form the Aberdeen and Livi games especially. Livi and Aberdeen both have one game in hand however Livi have to play Aberdeen away, rangers at home and Hibs at home whist Aberdeen have to play Livi at home, away to Hibs and 2x tips to parkhead. We are in a really good position to kick on and enter the spit a good few points ahead of Aberdeen and Livi IMO.

Paul1642
30-01-2021, 04:57 PM
I appreciate that we have lost points to near enough all these teams over the season and that st. Mirren are on a run however if we can’t beat these teams then we will never come 3rd.

Gmack7
30-01-2021, 05:00 PM
It's just our luck we're not playing Celtic

Sir David Gray
30-01-2021, 05:03 PM
We need to target 6 points v Aberdeen and Livingston.

Sadly we just can't seem to beat Aberdeen.

Paul1642
30-01-2021, 05:05 PM

Yeah we really can’t. Although If they drop points vs Livi and we beat St Mirren then beating Aberdeen would be priceless.

SlickShoes
30-01-2021, 05:06 PM
The other teams in these games are also trying to beat us, I’m sure some people here forget that when assessing our performance. We are capable of winning all those games but they aren’t going to be easy.

cabbageandribs1875
30-01-2021, 05:06 PM
Livingston

Aberdeen-A
st.johnstone-H
Hamilton-H
Dundee utd-A
st.mirren-A
Sevco-H
Motherwell-A
Hibernian-H

Aberdeen

Livingston-H
Hibernian-A
st.mirren-H
Celtic-A
Kilmarnock-H
Celtic-A
Hamilton-H
Dundee utd-A

SanFranHibs
30-01-2021, 05:08 PM
It's just our luck we're not playing Celtic

But at least 4 of these games are away games. :greengrin

Paul1642
30-01-2021, 05:09 PM
The other teams in these games are also trying to beat us, I’m sure some people here forget that when assessing our performance. We are capable of winning all those games but they aren’t going to be easy.

No doubt however if we want to come 3rd place which should be our aim then we are going to need to win a fair chunk of them.

147lothian
30-01-2021, 05:10 PM
Livingston

Aberdeen-A
st.johnstone-H
Hamilton-H
Dundee utd-A
st.mirren-A
Sevco-H
Motherwell-A
Hibernian-H

Aberdeen

Livingston-H
Hibernian-A
st.mirren-H
Celtic-A
Kilmarnock-H
Celtic-A
Hamilton-H
Dundee utd-A

As Aberdeen play celtic away twice before the split, our game against them is massive, win that and we could be in pole possition for 3rd when the split takes place

cabbageandribs1875
30-01-2021, 05:17 PM
As Aberdeen play celtic away twice before the split, our game against them is massive, win that and we could be in pole possition for 3rd when the split takes place

i just wish there wasn't a split this season :greengrin

if we can't beat Aberdeen at Home next saturday we will then have at least three teams after the split that we haven't won one game against all season up to the split, our final pre-split game at Livingston is anyones guess.

five BIG games after the split, we've already lost two BIG games in recent months, that trend will need to stop

houstonhibbee
30-01-2021, 06:18 PM

That'll change next Saturday.....:wink:

hibbysam
30-01-2021, 06:20 PM

Especially when McInnes admitted pre game today that he has to replace Cosgrove with a loan. His first and second choices have fallen through so he’s scraping the barrel at the last minute.

147lothian
30-01-2021, 06:49 PM
i just wish there wasn't a split this season :greengrin

if we can't beat Aberdeen at Home next saturday we will then have at least three teams after the split that we haven't won one game against all season up to the split, our final pre-split game at Livingston is anyones guess.

five BIG games after the split, we've already lost two BIG games in recent months, that trend will need to stop

I tend to be a bit more positive about things and see every game as being different, that doesn't mean that we are going to win every game but when the teams take to the field previous results count for nothing IMO