Hanlon
Doig

Cadden
Irvine
Gogic (unless Newell is back?)
Murphy

Nisbet
Doidge

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Nisbet and/or Porteous sit out if things are progressing with their bids.

basehibby
29-01-2021, 12:40 PM
Torn between a 3-5-2 and 4-4-2.

Marciano

McGinn
McGregor
Hanlon
Doig

Cadden
Irvine
Gogic (unless Newell is back?)
Murphy

Nisbet
Doidge

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Nisbet and/or Porteous sit out if things are progressing with their bids.

3-5-2 would be my call with very little change from Wed night - I would bring in Newell if he's fit with probably Gogic dropping to the bench. McGregor did well on Wed but two games in a week might be pushing it for his aging limbs ...

Marciano
McGinn Porteous Hanlon

Cadden Halberg Newell Doig
Irving

Nisbet Doidge

RoxburghHibs
29-01-2021, 12:56 PM
Marciano

McGinn McGregor Hanlon

Gogic

Cadden Newell Doig

Irving

Nisbet Doidge

Unseen work
29-01-2021, 01:10 PM
I think it will be the same team with Murphy in for Hallberg. Maybe Hanlon for Porteous if he’s injured/leaving.

......................Marciano...........

........McGinn....McGregor.....Porteous/Hanlon..

Cadden........Gogic......Irvine..........Doig..... ..

.......................Murphy.......

................Doidge.........Nisbet......

As a whole we played well on Wednesday so I don’t think there should be many changes at all. We need to get back to consistent team selections.

Jones28
29-01-2021, 01:15 PM
Gotta be the same team that started against Rangers.

If Porteous does go Hanlon in and keep Doig at LWB because he was magnificent on Wednesday.

BlackSheep
29-01-2021, 01:16 PM

If Porteous does go Hanlon in and keep Doig at LWB because he was magnificent on Wednesday.

Took the words outta my mouth.

Not sure if Daz will be able to play for a second game in a week... but worth giving him the first half at least.

ElginHibbie
29-01-2021, 01:30 PM
Marciano

McGinn McGregor Hanlon

Cadden Irving Newell Doig

Murphy

Nisbet Doidge

If Newell still out probably Hallberg but would like to see more of Magennis if his now able to play 90 minutes

B.H.F.C
29-01-2021, 01:42 PM

Different game, we’ll have much more of the ball. We need to get a bit of creativity in the middle of the park. Use of the ball in there the other night let us down.

Jones28
29-01-2021, 01:45 PM
Different game, we’ll have much more of the ball. We need to get a bit of creativity in the middle of the park. Use of the ball in there the other night let us down.

I might have agreed had we been playing someone else but we were playing an excellent side, I'd like to see Allan get more game time but our wing-backs were our best players on Wednesday. It's part of JR's biggest problem in not knowing his best starting 11 because of the continual chopping and changing. Try a but of consistency in the selection and see if the performances will follow.

B.H.F.C
29-01-2021, 01:57 PM
I might have agreed had we been playing someone else but we were playing an excellent side, I'd like to see Allan get more game time but our wing-backs were our best players on Wednesday. It's part of JR's biggest problem in not knowing his best starting 11 because of the continual chopping and changing. Try a but of consistency in the selection and see if the performances will follow.

I agree he needs a bit of consistency. I wouldn’t be looking at wholesale changes but although the three in the middle of the park did a lot of work the other night, we need someone in there that can give us a bit more in the final third. Especially against a team who just lost 5 goals at home to St Mirren.

Jones28
29-01-2021, 02:12 PM
I agree he needs a bit of consistency. I wouldn’t be looking at wholesale changes but although the three in the middle of the park did a lot of work the other night, we need someone in there that can give us a bit more in the final third. Especially against a team who just lost 5 goals at home to St Mirren.

I'd start the same 3 then look to give Kyle M and Allan a run out in the second half. They both need games and can provide the spark we need.

Greenbeard
29-01-2021, 03:48 PM
JR "Full complement available for selection for first time this season."

Highwayman
29-01-2021, 03:53 PM
3-4-3

Marciano

McGinn,Porteous,Hanlon

Cadden,Gogic,Irvine,Doig

Gullan,Doidge,Murphy

(1) My heart says go with Daz again (for either Porteous or Hanlon) but my head says 2 games in 4 days might be a bridge too far.
(2) Would start Nisbet on the bench,the laddie been looking knackered and the transfer speculation can’t be helping.Time to give Gullan a start see what him and Doidge can produce.
(3) Would look for McGennis and Allan to get more game time in second half.
(4) Would not expect Mallan to get any game time.Why has JR taken such a scunner against him.

calumhibee1
29-01-2021, 04:10 PM
I’d have Porteous and Nisbet out either way. They’ve both not been great recently and could arguably be dropped on form alone but throw in the potential distraction of a move and I’d be taking them out.

Rocky

McGinn
Daz
Hanlon

Cadden
Irvine
Gogic
Newell
Doig

Doidge
Boyle

HendoDelivered
29-01-2021, 04:37 PM
Marciano

McGinn
McGregor
Porto

Cadden
Newell
Irvine
Magennis
Doig

Nisbet
Doidge

King Cosell
29-01-2021, 04:46 PM
Marciano

McGinn
McGregor
Porteous

Cadden
Newell
Hallberg
Irvine
Murphy

Boyle
Doidge

houstonhibbee
29-01-2021, 05:08 PM
I think theres's a good case for Boyle to get a starting place at RWB if he's up for it

Mr. Wonderful
29-01-2021, 05:10 PM
I think it's time we gave the youngsters a shot. Get the first team running round the sand dunes down at Gullane.

Stanton Spence
29-01-2021, 05:21 PM
I think theres's a good case for Boyle to get a starting place at RWB if he's up for itI thought cadden was one of our better players the other night mate and will only get better with game time imo

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Unseen work
29-01-2021, 06:08 PM
Newell being fit is a huge boost.

Looking forward to seeing him and Irvine in the centre of the park together.

Souter96Mac
29-01-2021, 06:26 PM
Newell being fit is a huge boost.

Looking forward to seeing him and Irvine in the centre of the park together.

Same here, it will allow Irvine to get further forward.

Team for me:

Rocky
McGinn Porto Hanlon
Cadden Irvine Gogic Newell Doig
Nisbet Doidge

Don't think it's wise to start Daz two games in a row in such a short space of time, especially with the lack of defenders we have currently.

houstonhibbee
29-01-2021, 08:20 PM
I thought cadden was one of our better players the other night mate and will only get better with game time imo

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
You're probably right - save him for supersub then........

Gaffer1875
29-01-2021, 08:42 PM
The team tomorrow will be fascinating for what may come over the next few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrRobot
29-01-2021, 10:06 PM
rocky
mcginn daz hanlon
cadden irvine hallberg newell doig
doidge nisbet

mim
30-01-2021, 12:22 AM
Marciano

Porteous McGregor Hanlon

Cadden Newell Gogic Irvine Doig

Nisbet Doidge

JimBHibees
30-01-2021, 07:14 AM
Marciano

Porteous McGregor Hanlon

Nisbet Doidge

Wouldn't disagree with that team to be honest. Good balance in terms of strong defensively and good attacking options.

GreenCastle
30-01-2021, 07:25 AM
After the last Rangers game at Ibrox we lost 2 in a row and everyone was saying we looked tired.

For some this will be the 3rd game in 7 days - including the semi final which can be mentally tough - let alone losing it.

Utd don’t have the biggest pitch but we have to find a team that is fresh / hungry but has enough quality in it to beat a Utd team who will be raging / low in confidence after 5-1.

Utd haven’t won in 6..so it’s an opportunity to get a win especially as Livi play Aberdeen.

I do agree we need some creativity - something centrally to pick a pass. I feel like we have lost that through ball option or clever pass and turned a little industrial which which will end up getting too many draws and not enough chances and goals like earlier in the season.

Brightside
30-01-2021, 08:04 AM
Rocky
McGinn. Daz. Hanlon.

Cadden Gogic Newall Irvine. Mackie

Boyle Doidge.

Jones28
30-01-2021, 08:24 AM
Didn’t realise Newall was back in contention. He comes in for Gogic.

GreenCastle
30-01-2021, 08:33 AM
Newell being out for 3 weeks and only training once or twice then playing is a slight risk as much as I would like to see him back starting.

I do hope we have worked on set pieces as we have some tall players and you would think we would score off them more.

Stuart93
30-01-2021, 08:33 AM
Rocky
McGinn. Daz. Hanlon.

Cadden Gogic Newall Irvine. Mackie

Boyle Doidge.

That team looks depressing as ****.

Greenworld
30-01-2021, 08:38 AM
[QUOTE=mim;6442990][CENTER]Marciano

Mcginn McGregor hanlon

Cullan Doidge

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Pagan Hibernia
30-01-2021, 09:00 AM
We’ll win this one.

Dundee Hibernian 1-2 Edinburgh Hibernian

Zambernardi1875
30-01-2021, 09:02 AM
since drawing 1-1 with utd in December we've scored 2 goals in 8 games, so i dont really care what the team is i just wana see some goals. could also see tanadump being frozen and the game being off.

Since452
30-01-2021, 09:23 AM
I hate playing a team after they've been scudded. They always have that extra motivation.

Since452
30-01-2021, 09:27 AM
[QUOTE=mim;6442990][CENTER]Marciano

Mcginn McGregor hanlon

Cullan Doidge

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Gullan shouldn't be anywhere near the starting eleven

Mikey_1875
30-01-2021, 09:57 AM
Would want to see a continuity in the formation so would stick with 3-5-2. Would be harsh on Daz but would go with our regular defensive three in the hope they have ‘learned a lesson’.

As for midfield I would go with Gogic, Irvine and if Scotty thinks he can bump his minutes up to 45-60 then then get him in from the start and lets see if he can unlock what could be a stubborn defence after shipping 5 last time. We have good options for replacements in Newell, Magennis and Hallberg so if he can manage it then from the start please

Carheenlea
30-01-2021, 10:04 AM
Fancying Jackson Irvine to get on the scoresheet today - actually fancying us to score two or three today. Have no logic to back up those claims though!

Key West
30-01-2021, 11:41 AM
Marciano

McGinn McGregor Hanlon

Cadden Irvine Magennis Murphy Doig

Boyle Doidge

Hiber-nation
30-01-2021, 12:47 PM
Porteous and Nisbet on bench.

Hiber-nation
30-01-2021, 12:48 PM
Marciano, P. McGinn, McGregor ©, Hanlon, Cadden, Gogic, Irvine, Doig, Boyle, Doidge, Murphy.

Substitutes: Macey, Porteous, Stevenson, Hallberg, Allan, Magennis, Wright, Gullan, Nisbet.

BlackSheep
30-01-2021, 12:49 PM
Porto and Nisbet will be away then im guessing

Mikey_1875
30-01-2021, 12:49 PM
Looks like same set up as the semi

Hiber-nation
30-01-2021, 12:50 PM

Not necessarily. Maybe just left out due to all the speculation.

Borderhibbie76

Alternatively both could just be dropped due to recent poor form tbh - maybe their heads aren't right after all the speculation this week

Squealing pig
Must be 5-3-2 ? Weird midfield

Jones28
30-01-2021, 12:51 PM
4-4-2? Why the change?

Jones28
30-01-2021, 12:52 PM
Marciano
McGinn McGregor Hanlon Doig
Cadden Irvine Gogic Murphy
Boyle Doidge?

Steve20
30-01-2021, 12:52 PM

Do players really struggle to play football because they get linked away? I can’t believe players are that fragile.

Aldo
30-01-2021, 12:53 PM
4-4-2? Why the change?

Think it’s a 3-5-2 or a 3-4-3

Murphy Doidge and Boyle up top in the 3??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AL-Qaholik
30-01-2021, 12:56 PM

Feels a wee bit like Ross seeing how we do without them.
Win and worth the risk.
Lose and have a very strong case for them not to be sold.

wallpaperman
30-01-2021, 12:57 PM
Do players really struggle to play football because they get linked away? I can’t believe players are that fragile.

Don’t think it’s a case of being fragile.

But if your employer said you had the chance to move to an office in England, uproot yourself and possibly family, get paid a lot more money for it, but you don’t have to go, it’s your choice.

I reckon it could definitely mess your head for a while.

Hiber-nation
30-01-2021, 01:05 PM

They seem to, according to managers anyway.

I'm more concerned about Boyle up front, rarely works.

30-01-2021, 01:06 PM
Marciano, P. McGinn, McGregor ©, Hanlon, Cadden, Gogic, Irvine, Doig, Boyle, Doidge, Murphy.

Substitutes: Macey, Porteous, Stevenson, Hallberg, Allan, Magennis, Wright, Gullan, Nisbet.

Where is Newell? Thought everyone was fit?

nlandsafchibee
30-01-2021, 01:06 PM
Porto came off on Wednesday with another knock on his knee that he also suffered a heavy knock in semi final ,Darren by own admission said he was getting tired and I think as they also have a difficult game on Tuesday perhaps Ross has an eye on those issues and whether Darren would take 3 games in 7 days .The extra few days rest for Pirto will help .

jeffers
30-01-2021, 01:12 PM
Where is Newell? Thought everyone was fit?

Ross said he’d trained but would see if he had any reaction, guessing he must have.

Since452
30-01-2021, 01:16 PM
Porteous and Nisbet on bench.

Porteous was needing dropped for his performances of late. Strange one dropping Nisbet though.

KingPat4
30-01-2021, 01:17 PM
Ross said he’d trained but would see if he had any reaction, guessing he must have.

Could be Newell that is offski?

:dunno:

Peevemor
30-01-2021, 01:30 PM
Ross said he’d trained but would see if he had any reaction, guessing he must have.I think he's only had a couple of days training after a few weeks out. Probably just too soon for him.