PDA

View Full Version : var

hibbyboy1
28-01-2021, 07:52 AM
If we have VAR in the spfl good chance we win last night. I know it's not perfect but it would stop the uglies getting so many decisions

scuttle
28-01-2021, 07:58 AM
If we have VAR in the spfl good chance we win last night. I know it's not perfect but it would stop the uglies getting so many decisions

Would make referees more accountable thats for sure. Dont know why we dont have it ,sportscene covers all spl matches ,so they must come in live to a central studio or something. A couple of refs in the studio decisions made. I suppose its a bit more complicated than that but it is badly needed in Scotland asap

GreenCastle
28-01-2021, 08:20 AM
They can’t even afford goal line technology let alone VAR.

Sadly makes the league look amateur and doesn’t help when the refs are totally incompetent.

Jones28
28-01-2021, 08:45 AM
VAR sees Morelos off the park and gives us a very good chance of a penalty.

It doesn't have to be some centralised set up like they have in England thats costs millions.

AngloHibs
28-01-2021, 09:10 AM
VAR is ruining the game in England.

It's supposed to be there to prevent obvious errors by the officials, but it is being used to forensically analyse anything even slightly contentious.

We can sometimes sit for 3 minutes or more waiting for a VAR ruling. I'm sorry, but if the judgement takes even 10 seconds then any error by the ref wasn't "obvious". And the spontaneity of celebrating a goal, the best part of football, has gone.

Furthermore, there is still plenty of dispute over rulings even after extensive VAR checks. Does anyone seriously believe that VAR in Scotland would end any perceived bias?

I'm definitely out!

Jones28
28-01-2021, 09:14 AM
VAR is ruining the game in England.

It's supposed to be there to prevent obvious errors by the officials, but it is being used to forensically analyse anything even slightly contentious.

We can sometimes sit for 3 minutes or more waiting for a VAR ruling. I'm sorry, but if the judgement takes even 10 seconds then any error by the ref wasn't "obvious". And the spontaneity of celebrating a goal, the best part of football, has gone.

Furthermore, there is still plenty of dispute over rulings even after extensive VAR checks. Does anyone seriously believe that VAR in Scotland would end any perceived bias?

I'm definitely out!

VAR is a great idea being executed as you say, so forensically that it's becoming farcical.

The TMO in rugby would be a far better model to follow, use tv footage only and not draw ****ing lines. I get why they do it, because offside is offside regardless and they have to draw a line, so to speak.

AngloHibs
28-01-2021, 09:27 AM
VAR is a great idea being executed as you say, so forensically that it's becoming farcical.

The TMO in rugby would be a far better model to follow, use tv footage only and not draw ****ing lines. I get why they do it, because offside is offside regardless and they have to draw a line, so to speak.

I've no idea how they do it in Rugby, it's not my sport. The appeals system in cricket isn't too bad, but the game isn't disrupted too much because there is a natural break between each ball anyway.

But if VAR shows that a scorer was offside by a toenail, that isn't an obvious error. These goals are being disallowed by VAR, and they shouldn't be.

where'stheslope
28-01-2021, 09:43 AM
Unfortunately VAR is run by the same refs that we complain about on the park!!!!

Jones28
28-01-2021, 09:48 AM
I've no idea how they do it in Rugby, it's not my sport. The appeals system in cricket isn't too bad, but the game isn't disrupted too much because there is a natural break between each ball anyway.

But if VAR shows that a scorer was offside by a toenail, that isn't an obvious error. These goals are being disallowed by VAR, and they shouldn't be.

Its very simple in Rugby. The just use the cameras available to make judgements that the referees recognise they cannot make from their position on the pitch. The TMO watches the game from several angles and can call the referees attention to particular incidences.

No I agree, it's silly what they're doing, but then at what point do you say something is clear and obvious and something isn't. They have to have a benchmark and I can understand why they're being so anal about it and scrutinising anything that might be offside, because if they don't its then a grey area.

B.H.F.C
28-01-2021, 09:52 AM
The ref doing the VAR would just see it as a tangle of legs.

Lack of VAR isn’t the big issue there. Clancy cheated. He stood and watched it from 10 yards away. There isn’t any other explanation in this case and I’m not normally one for believing that stuff.

neil7908
28-01-2021, 09:54 AM
I still think VAR is the only way forward but the process needs refined and the football rules should be updated to accommodate the technology, especially around offside.

Smartie
28-01-2021, 09:58 AM
The problem in Scotland is you'd have to trust a ref to look at that one on VAR last night and think it was a red card.

I just don't think we can trust their basic competence levels to do that.

AngloHibs
28-01-2021, 10:29 AM
Its very simple in Rugby. The just use the cameras available to make judgements that the referees recognise they cannot make from their position on the pitch. The TMO watches the game from several angles and can call the referees attention to particular incidences.

No I agree, it's silly what they're doing, but then at what point do you say something is clear and obvious and something isn't. They have to have a benchmark and I can understand why they're being so anal about it and scrutinising anything that might be offside, because if they don't its then a grey area.

The threshold should be quite clear. If an error isn't apparent after only 10 seconds of review, any error is not "clear and obvious". After 10 seconds maximum it's referee's call, get on with the game. Simple!

houstonhibbee
28-01-2021, 12:33 PM
The problem in Scotland is you'd have to trust a ref to look at that one on VAR last night and think it was a red card.

I just don't think we can trust their basic competence levels to do that.
Scottish VAR would just confirm a tangle of legs

#2 Double Tap
28-01-2021, 04:40 PM
they have been cheating up here for over 100 years, Var would just aid their cheating not help cut it out.

BH Hibs
28-01-2021, 05:05 PM
They'd probably lose the video footage up here.

wookie70
28-01-2021, 10:24 PM
VAR sees Morelos off the park and gives us a very good chance of a penalty.

It doesn't have to be some centralised set up like they have in England thats costs millions.

Better still VAR might stop him stamping an opponent every second game.

MWHIBBIES
28-01-2021, 10:43 PM
Var with independent officials that we pay from a foreign league to do it. Excellent system but Scottish officials cannot be trusted.

telford hibbee
29-01-2021, 07:18 AM
They can’t even afford goal line technology let alone VAR.

Sadly makes the league look amateur and doesn’t help when the refs are totally incompetent.

I used to think the refs made honest mistakes but when it comes to both halves of the ugly sisters they are blatantly cheating.
It is time the rest of Scottish football campaigned against it all the time.