PDA

View Full Version : Quick Bang

matty_f
27-01-2021, 11:38 PM
We recorded a new show tonight, getting fans’ views on the game immediately after full time.

It’s on all the podcast outlets, and you can watch it on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/hZNq5uzi5d8

We’re going for a sort of phone in format, so if you’re interested in coming on after a game to share your views, comment below and we’ll get in touch.

We’re especially keen to hear from female fans for this show, as we have a lot of female listeners but we’ve not had a female voice on the podcast yet.

DaveF
28-01-2021, 05:14 AM
A quick bang, looking for women? This pod is going places 😂

That was a good show. Not easy having 9 people all wanting to share their views so well done to all participants.

This should be a regular thing so I hope it keeps going.

G15 Hibs
28-01-2021, 08:07 AM
. Not easy having 9 people all wanting to share their views so well done to all participants.

Agreed. I've chaired or been involved in as many Zoom or Teams calls since March and trying to keep folk from talking over each other is like herding cats so a KitKat to Matty and the contributors for doing that while keeping the conversation going.

Good format, I liked it. I really miss having a proper chat with real people after games, rather than looking at the hysterical reactions on social media, so that was a bit of a vicarious substitute. Nice one.

Peevemor
28-01-2021, 08:12 AM
I watched the first couple of minutes this morning and will get back to it tonight or tomorrow.

I think it's an excellent idea and format's great.

matty_f
28-01-2021, 08:28 AM
A quick bang, looking for women? This pod is going places 😂

That was a good show. Not easy having 9 people all wanting to share their views so well done to all participants.

This should be a regular thing so I hope it keeps going.

Cheers Dave!

Planning on making it regular and will have the other guys in the next one, bit of confusion over the Zoom meeting meant they missed it last night.

matty_f
28-01-2021, 08:33 AM
Agreed. I've chaired or been involved in as many Zoom or Teams calls since March and trying to keep folk from talking over each other is like herding cats so a KitKat to Matty and the contributors for doing that while keeping the conversation going.

Good format, I liked it. I really miss having a proper chat with real people after games, rather than looking at the hysterical reactions on social media, so that was a bit of a vicarious substitute. Nice one.

Thanks. I love KitKats. :greengrin

Missing the chat about the game was the big reason for doing it, we get loads of interaction on Twitter during and after games and you can tell folk miss that part of it.

matty_f
28-01-2021, 08:33 AM
I watched the first couple of minutes this morning and will get back to it tonight or tomorrow.

I think it's an excellent idea and format's great.

Thanks Peeve!

HH81
28-01-2021, 10:05 AM
Just watched on YouTube.

Enjoyed it. Mostly all spot on.

Looking forward to the next one.

Cod Boy
28-01-2021, 10:07 AM
Is it invite only to get on

matty_f
28-01-2021, 10:21 AM
Is it invite only to get on

Yes and no, first one was mostly people who have asked about coming on before or who have contributed to the show.

It’s done over Zoom so technically you do need an invitation, but if someone wants to come on we’ll try to accommodate so long as the numbers are manageable, but we want to try and be representative of how folk are feeling so we’re looking to try different voices a lot.

Oscar T Grouch
28-01-2021, 11:44 AM
Enjoyed listening on my way to work this morning. Good format and great time to do it straight after a game. Good mix of contributors. The bangers in all its forms is definitely in the top 5 Hibs podcasts available* :greengrin

* Of course it is my favourite :wink:

matty_f
28-01-2021, 11:52 AM
Enjoyed listening on my way to work this morning. Good format and great time to do it straight after a game. Good mix of contributors. The bangers in all its forms is definitely in the top 5 Hibs podcasts available* :greengrin

* Of course it is my favourite :wink:

5th best if we’re lucky. :greengrin

Thanks for listening and for the comment, much appreciated!

Jim44
28-01-2021, 07:03 PM
Just listened to it and enjoyed it. How about a wee cameo visit from the likes of Hermit Crab to get a bit of needle into it? ......... only joking :greengrin

matty_f
29-01-2021, 10:18 AM
Just listened to it and enjoyed it. How about a wee cameo visit from the likes of Hermit Crab to get a bit of needle into it? ......... only joking :greengrin

Hermit Crab would be welcomed onto it with open arms, if he was of a mind to particpate!

On that note - we'll be recording shortly after full time tomorrow, if you're interested in coming on please let me know asap - numbers will be limited!

Echo the call for female input as well, we're massively under-represented in that aspect so it would be good to hear from some women, too!

Viva_Palmeiras
29-01-2021, 10:26 AM
so what I’d like to know is what is the Big Bang theory on :

why Hibs historically seem to never find consistency - unbeaten run is not something regularly or even periodically associated with Hibs (Whilst we see teams like Livi go on 12 game unbeaten run - although I know Hecky had us on one so maybe not the true benchmark :)

ahibby
29-01-2021, 11:05 AM
Enjoyed that podcast, it was good to hear others' views and some reflected my own. Notice how I avoided the word echo there:wink:

matty_f
29-01-2021, 01:54 PM
Enjoyed that podcast, it was good to hear others' views and some reflected my own. Notice how I avoided the word echo there:wink:

Cheers, and well played!

offshorehibby
29-01-2021, 03:19 PM
:thumbsup:
Just watched Quick Bang, great effort guys, look forward to Saturday if you have one.

matty_f
29-01-2021, 04:34 PM
:thumbsup:
Just watched Quick Bang, great effort guys, look forward to Saturday if you have one.

We will have one right after the game on Saturday. :agree:

DaveF
29-01-2021, 05:31 PM
No shortbangers this week Matty?

I don't do Twitter or or such ***** so only look here for it.

bigwheel
29-01-2021, 05:41 PM
decent post game chat that mattyf....nice one and well done for trying something different too

Danderhall Hibs
29-01-2021, 06:42 PM

There is one Dave - auto downloaded into my apple podcasts this morning.

matty_f
29-01-2021, 06:50 PM

Yeah - i was conscious of bombarding the forum so never posted it on here.

Links are here:

Apple:
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/longbangers/id1474463560?i=1000506923960

Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/6vyxMBOk1NL4hestnJxrYk?si=aoZkXq3yRuGWJTnunaH1Ag

YouTube:
https://youtu.be/-Qw_JCw5yVQ

matty_f
29-01-2021, 06:51 PM
decent post game chat that mattyf....nice one and well done for trying something different too

Thanks. :aok:

DaveF
29-01-2021, 07:03 PM
It popped up on my you tube.

The start with Craig 😂

matty_f
29-01-2021, 07:18 PM
It popped up on my you tube.

The start with Craig 😂

Shambles. God knows what question he was answering :faf:

Pedantic_Hibee
29-01-2021, 07:52 PM