PDA

View Full Version : Irvine Welsh

Pages : [1] 2

NAE NOOKIE
27-01-2021, 09:15 PM
Can we have him on Hibs TV every week ... called Marelos a 'sticky bun' and has just referred to Andy Walker and Kris Boyd as 'a pair of *******s' :faf:

pedroorange1875
27-01-2021, 09:16 PM
Wearing a CCS tee shirt

hibby rae
27-01-2021, 09:18 PM
Mentioned how Morelos wouldn't get away with what he does in England as the referees there don't do the "Weegie indulgent nonsense" and a positive tonight was no away fans so no sectarianism 👏👏

cabbageandribs1875
27-01-2021, 09:19 PM
he didn't miss bawjaws PM Johnson on twitter yesterday either

not language for a family board ;)

Saturday Boy
27-01-2021, 09:20 PM
Wearing a CCS tee shirt

And apologised for wearing it under a jersey because it was cold 😂

DaveF
He should be taking Tanner's place.

Vault Boy
I feel like an idiot for turning off HTV after full time, should have known he'd have come out with some decent material

Smartie
27-01-2021, 09:21 PM
He was excellent, and I thought he made David Tanner a bit better as well.

Pretty Boy
27-01-2021, 09:22 PM
We've had some decent guests on this season but I think that just about topped the lot.

Carheenlea
27-01-2021, 09:22 PM
Irvine Welsh was good value tonight - very engaging.

The Tubs
27-01-2021, 10:32 PM
Could Hibs get into bother if he’s on more frequently? If not, I’d like to see it.

Hermit Crab
27-01-2021, 10:35 PM
He's getting absolutely slaughtered on twitter. Rangers fans asking for a apology from both him and Hibs to Morellos and Rangers for his comments. :tee hee:

Jim44
27-01-2021, 10:37 PM
I was told he said:

“Morelos should be chopped up with a machete and shipped to the four corners of the globe to be fed to seagulls “ ...... if true, good for him. I feel sorry for the seagulls tho’. :greengrin

madhatter
27-01-2021, 10:38 PM
When’s the match normally available to re-watch? I switched off at FT and regret it big time.

Smartie
27-01-2021, 10:45 PM
I was told he said:

“Morelos should be chopped up with a machete and shipped to the four corners of the globe to be fed to seagulls “ ...... if true, good for him. I feel sorry for the seagulls tho’. :greengrin

I've seen that as well but I didn't hear him say it.

Was that at half time?

I wanted to hear what Boyd said so had turned that on - in fairness, he said it was stupid and a nailed on red card.

gaz1875
27-01-2021, 10:45 PM
What was it he said about his "tits" I remember laughing at the time.

CMurdoch
27-01-2021, 10:48 PM
It was amusing but he does play to the populist Hibs support who like having their belly tickled.

CMurdoch
27-01-2021, 10:51 PM
What was it he said about his "tits" I remember laughing at the time.

Was laughing his tits off at his hard mate greeting after the cup final

Hibs90
27-01-2021, 10:52 PM
‘Nobody likes us we don’t care’ but we are going to greet about it on Twitter

https://media.tenor.com/images/8bef3bea9b7b084e779c85ddf8c76f3e/tenor.gif

gaz1875
27-01-2021, 10:53 PM
Was laughing his tits off at his hard mate greeting after the cup final

Oh yeah haha

madhatter
27-01-2021, 10:56 PM
I was told he said:

He said that but delivery and wording was a bit different. Rangers fans want an apology. Not sure what they expect from a Hibs supporter that writes pretty dark novels...

He clearly wasn’t suggesting this was a course of action that should be taken in reality.

matty_f
27-01-2021, 10:57 PM
My internet was playing up so had to watch the Sky coverage, do Hibs put the shows up to watch later?

27-01-2021, 11:04 PM
My internet was playing up so had to watch the Sky coverage, do Hibs put the shows up to watch later?

Yes but sometimes it is the full unedited show and sometimes they don't include the pre-match, post-match and half-time chat so it's just the football.

BegbieHSC
27-01-2021, 11:14 PM
He was a class act.

the fact that the ‘sticky buns’ have found another reason to be raging and play the victim, despite only getting the 3 points today because of an inept referee, make tonight a little brighter. :greengrin

Lancs Harp
27-01-2021, 11:17 PM
He was a class act.

the fact that the ‘sticky buns’ have found another reason to be raging and play the victim, despite only getting the 3 points today because of an inept referee, make tonight a little brighter. :greengrin

Begbie turns up on an Irvine Welsh thread. :greengrin You couldn't make it up. Coco Bryce still posting?

Peevemor
28-01-2021, 05:19 AM
He was excellent, and I thought he made David Tanner a bit better as well.

He certainly made his job easier. Joelle always speaks very well too but avoids giving it any patter.

Juice-Terry
28-01-2021, 07:14 AM
Begbie turns up on an Irvine Welsh thread. :greengrin You couldn't make it up. Coco Bryce still posting?

Hello.

JimBHibees
28-01-2021, 07:17 AM
Thought he was really funny. Superb

Gloucester Hibs
28-01-2021, 07:21 AM
Hello.

It’s everyone’s favourite former aerated water salesman!

Carheenlea
28-01-2021, 07:28 AM
Huns not happy

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/irvine-welsh-on-hibs-tv-tonight-shocking.150375/

.Sean.
28-01-2021, 07:30 AM
‘No one likes us... but we do care, in fact we care so much we’re grassing him to the polis’

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Chorley Hibee
28-01-2021, 07:33 AM
Huns not happy

One of my favourite phrases.

Hopefully it inspires another crayon etched statement from Ibrox.

JohnMcM
28-01-2021, 07:44 AM
‘No one likes us... but we do care, in fact we care so much we’re grassing him to the polis’

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

The irony of that lot being offended by something that someone said :lolrangers::lolrangers:

Danderhall Hibs
28-01-2021, 07:49 AM
The irony of that lot being offended by something that someone said :lolrangers::lolrangers:

They’re an absolute disgrace. How they became judge and jury on sectarianism and “hate” crime I’ll never understand.

flash
28-01-2021, 07:56 AM

Think Hibs lawyer might insist his contribution is "lost" in the ether.

Carheenlea
28-01-2021, 08:02 AM
As entertaining as it was, and most would have taken Irvine Welshs’s quips and comments in the spirit intended, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Hibs on an official level are feeling that they might have to make an apology for some of the content and get in first before the media flak starts come their way. I suspect it will be IW’s first and last invitation to be a matchday guest on Hibs TV, which would be a shame. The media in Scotland will lap this up..

Vault Boy
28-01-2021, 08:04 AM
The Huns are a delicate bunch, aren't they? For all the paedo, junkie, spoonburning, taig, fenian bull**** they spout on an hourly basis - they don't half get offended easily.

A writer uses hyperbolic imagery to condemn a nasty, violent, cheat of a player, and they're away crying about it!

They care more about Irvine's metaphorical violence than they do Morelos' actual violence. That says it all.

Bostonhibby
28-01-2021, 08:08 AM
Think Hibs lawyer might insist his contribution is "lost" in the ether.Didn't see it, or it was a perfectly innocent tangling of words.

Walk away sevco.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Jones28
28-01-2021, 08:10 AM
Huns not happy

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/irvine-welsh-on-hibs-tv-tonight-shocking.150375/

Most of the comments are hysteria but this one made me laugh:

I wouldn't read one of his books, you might have to retire to your fainting couch.

hibbie02
28-01-2021, 08:23 AM
Most of the comments are hysteria but this one made me laugh:

I wouldn't read one of his books, you might have to retire to your fainting couch.

I didn't realise that was the Hun site. Should have looked before I clicked. Need to bleach my eyebaws now!

Jim44
28-01-2021, 08:32 AM
Welsh’s comment’s apart, the Hun muppets insist that Morelos in no way fouled Porteous. They are even offended that he used rhyming slang to describe HUN. Unbelievable.:kettle:

Wull
28-01-2021, 08:34 AM
I thought his summing up of the game and Hibs in general were spot on and entertaining at the same time. :flag:

Sir David Gray
28-01-2021, 08:45 AM
As entertaining as it was, and most would have taken Irvine Welshs’s quips and comments in the spirit intended, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Hibs on an official level are feeling that they might have to make an apology for some of the content and get in first before the media flak starts come their way. I suspect it will be IW’s first and last invitation to be a matchday guest on Hibs TV, which would be a shame. The media in Scotland will lap this up..

Yeah I said something similar last night and was told it was nonsense. I don't think we'll see him on Hibs TV again, particularly if a complaint's made.

The term "hun" is exclusively used for fans/players of Rangers and is not sectarian but that's not what the media and authorities believe and if an issue is made of this at an official level then Hibs will have no option but to distance themselves from Irvine Welsh and issue an apology on his behalf.

Peevemor
28-01-2021, 08:52 AM
Yeah I said something similar last night and was told it was nonsense. I don't think we'll see him on Hibs TV again, particularly if a complaint's made.

You said "Hibs will have no option but to not invite him on again."

I said that was nonsense. Hibs will always have the option to invite who they want.

BegbieHSC
28-01-2021, 08:52 AM

😉

BegbieHSC
28-01-2021, 08:54 AM
Huns not happy

Glorious. Always the victims, even when a ref has cheated for them, they always find a reason to call the polis!

Carheenlea
28-01-2021, 08:55 AM

The term "hun" is exclusively used for fans/players of Rangers and is not sectarian but that's not what the media and authorities believe and if an issue is made of this at an official level then Hibs will have no option but to distance themselves from Irvine Welsh and issue an apology on his behalf.

Scottish football is still not ready for a bohemian wordsmith making observations on our game. It doesn’t want to stray too far left field from the Boydy’s, Coisty’s, Packy’s, Doddsy’s take on matters.

Hope I’m wrong though.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2021, 08:58 AM
This attempt at trying to push hun as a sectarian term is utter nonsense. I don't care what Rangers fans or the unfit for purpose Nil By Mouth or whoever else say.

It's all part of the stupid game we have to play in Scotland pretending anti Protestant bigotry occurs at anything close to the same level as anti Catholic bigotry. If you read the press you would think the number of Republican marches that take place in Scotland was comparable to the number of Orange walks. In 2019 Orange walks accounted for 182 marches in Glasgow alone, there were 16 Republican marches across the whole of Scotland. Catholics are about 15 times more likely to be the victim of a racial aggravated assault.

Sectarianism is in it's death throes in Scotland but we shouldn't indulge this stupid game by giving any acknowledgement to hun or variants being sectarian. It isn't and it's all just part of the 'we're victims too' agenda from the Rangers support.

Smartie
28-01-2021, 09:01 AM
Most clubs have a minority who are out of step with the majority of a fanbase.

Rangers used to be no different - they used to have a tiny minority of fans who were decent and you could actually talk football with on a certain level.

Unfortunately even they have disappeared and the whole lot are a bunch of seething, bigoted, moronic cretins who belong in a bygone era.

Every time we play them there ends up being a pantomime of some description.

They've played well this season and will deserve their title when it comes. From where they've been, that's quite an achievement. They deserved to beat us by being marginally the better team than us last night and they ground out a victory in difficult conditions. They should have been down to 10 men after 17 minutes, it's not even up for discussion and any sensible fan will acknowledge when their team "gets away with one" which we all do on occasion. And fans of other teams should have broad enough shoulders to accept a bit of hyperbole from other fans, especially on "club tv" stations. If you can't take stuff like that, football is not for you.

I have had hun mates in the past but I just can't bear to talk football with them any more as, to a man, they have turned into jibbering morons.

It's a shame, because we used to have quite fun exchanges of views in the past.

Since452
28-01-2021, 09:04 AM
Dissspointed in Irvine. Should have just called him a horrible little hun rat

Chorley Hibee
28-01-2021, 09:08 AM
Most clubs have a minority who are out of step with the blue of a fanbase.

Rangers used to be no different - they used to have a tiny minority of fans who were decent and you could actually talk football with on a certain level.

Unfortunately even they have disappeared and the whole lot are a bunch of seething, bigoted, moronic cretins who belong in a bygone era.

Every time we play them there ends up being a pantomime of some description.

They've played well this season and will deserve their title when it comes. From where they've been, that's quite an achievement. They deserved to beat us by being marginally the better team than us last night and they ground out a victory in difficult conditions. They should have been down to 10 men after 17 minutes, it's not even up for discussion and any sensible fan will acknowledge when their team "gets away with one" which we all do on occasion. And fans of other teams should have broad enough shoulders to accept a bit of hyperbole from other fans, especially on "club tv" stations. If you can't take stuff ike that, football is not for you.

I have had hun mates in the past but I just can't bear to talk football with them any more as, to a man, they have turned into jibbering morons.

It's a shame, because we used to have quite fun exchanges of views in the past.

Had two swear blind to me last night it was accidental and no more than a yellow.

As you say, absolutely no reasoning with them anymore.

Coco Bryce
28-01-2021, 09:12 AM

Here Sir!

Brizo
28-01-2021, 09:14 AM

:agree:

The huns reappropriated the word hun to say it was a sectarian slur when the word was coined by the media to describe the disgraceful behaviour of their fans at a game in England during the early 60s, think Wolves or Newcastle. It has absolutely no sectarian connotations, unlike fenian, taig or tarrier.

Its classic Sevco deflection, shift the blame tactics and the fact the Scottish media and authorities have accepted their nonsense tells us all we need to know about the Scottish media and authorities.

Hibs should have Irvine back every game, he was quality.

Id like to see RG do an RP and treat any complaint about Irvines exuberance with the contempt it deserves. Or do a Tom Hart and tell them bluntly GTF.

Unfortunately, I think we might see some Hibs forelock-tugging if the hun media jump on this. Kenny MacIntyre, Chick Young, Daryll Broadfoot, Keith Jackson etc will be sharpening their crayons already.

CraigHibee
28-01-2021, 09:19 AM
thought he was really good, loved the "sticky buns" comments :greengrin

CraigHibee
28-01-2021, 09:23 AM
Huns not happy

it's pleasing to see to them triggered like that when they all think it's "acceptable" to listen to their sectarian bile

Peevemor
28-01-2021, 09:26 AM
This reminds me of a time about 35 years ago when I was in the Grey Horse in Balerno. At one point, Ma Brow' herself (there's bound to be some on here who knew her) came over to us and told one of my mates to mind his language, to which he replied "What?- I only called the boy a ******"

I nearly pished myself laughing, but I suppose you had to be there.

DIXIHIBS
28-01-2021, 09:27 AM
I hate the huns and morelos as much as anybody but i think this might cause the club a bit of trouble. Its one thing saying it to mates or on a fans website but on official club tv is a different matter. It also takes the spotlight off morelos for the stamp on porteous. Hope im wrong.

Pagan Hibernia
28-01-2021, 09:27 AM
The Huns are a delicate bunch, aren't they? For all the paedo, junkie, spoonburning, taig, fenian bull**** they spout on an hourly basis - they don't half get offended easily.

A writer uses hyperbolic imagery to condemn a nasty, violent, cheat of a player, and they're away crying about it!

They care more about Irvine's metaphorical violence than they do Morelos' actual violence. That says it all.

offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

Peevemor
28-01-2021, 09:29 AM
I hate the huns and morelos as much as anybody but i think this might cause the club a bit of trouble. Its one thing saying it to mates or on a fans website but on official club tv is a different matter. It also takes the spotlight off morelos for the stamp on porteous. Hope im wrong.

He was a guest, not a club official or employee.

At very worst Hibs might have to apologise.

bringbackbenny
28-01-2021, 09:31 AM
A hun is a hun, current bun, sticky bun regardless of age, sex, religious beliefs, humanist or not etc. Maurice Johnson is a hun as is Richard Gough and is Moreos. And so on.

The Baldmans Comb
28-01-2021, 09:33 AM
"Irvine was a bad boy and said naughty words and somebody might complain and it might be in the newspapers and Hibs will have to apologize and Irvine willnae be allowed back."

What an utter sappy support base we have happily living life on their bended knee.

Pass the fk* sickbag.🤢😔

Pretty Boy
28-01-2021, 09:33 AM
A hun is a hun, current bun, sticky bun regardless of age, sex, religious beliefs, humanist or not etc. Maurice Johnson is a hun as is Richard Gough and is Moreos. And so on.

Yep.

Mo Johnstone is a hun
Neil McCann is a hun
Lorenzo Amoruso is a hun

They also have something else in common.

Spike Mandela
28-01-2021, 09:36 AM
Huns not happy

The ones that can read are going to boycott his books, oh wait.:rolleyes:

Hibs90
28-01-2021, 09:37 AM
The ones that can read are going to boycott his books, oh wait.:rolleyes:

They almost definitely can't read

Chorley Hibee
28-01-2021, 09:38 AM
The idea that Huns are moral arbiters upon sectarianism.

Wow.

hibsbollah
28-01-2021, 09:43 AM
Yep.

Mo Johnstone is a hun
Neil McCann is a hun
Lorenzo Amoruso is a hun

Hun is definitely a sectarian, derogatory term for a prod in a Northern Ireland context. And because it is now labelled as a sectarian term the 'its not sectarian' argument is likely to fall flat. Im sure Irvine will take some flak for it but he will go back to his millionaire lifestyle and not give two ****s what the hordes say or think, im sure.

monarch
28-01-2021, 09:44 AM
Still hurting since 21 May 2016 I see.

Sir David Gray
28-01-2021, 09:48 AM
You said "Hibs will have no option but to not invite him on again."

I said that was nonsense. Hibs will always have the option to invite who they want.

If a complaint's made and Hibs need to apologise for a guest on their live match programme using a phrase that's a reference to a term that's now rightly or wrongly considered to be sectarian then there really is no other option for Hibs to take other than to never invite him on again.

I think that would be a shame, I think the word hun is not sectarian but that's the way the world is these days. If someone takes offence or perceives that an offensive remark has been said then that's all it takes. As a high profile organisation, Hibs' hands would be tied.

Jones28
28-01-2021, 09:51 AM
If a complaint's made and Hibs need to apologise for a guest on their live match programme using a phrase that's a reference to a term that's now rightly or wrongly considered to be sectarian then there really is no other option for Hibs to take other than to never invite him on again.

I think that would be a shame, I think the word hun is not sectarian but that's the way the world is these days. If someone takes offence or perceives that an offensive remark has been said then that's all it takes. As a high profile organisation, Hibs' hands would be tied.

Does it matter when it's a PPV thing? Does that receive the same scrutiny that other modes of broadcasting do?

Coco Bryce
28-01-2021, 09:51 AM
Irvine is not daft.

This is fantastic publicity for his new book coming out soon :greengrin

Peevemor
28-01-2021, 09:52 AM

Why?

Imagine Hibs draw Raith Rovers (for example) at ER in the Scottish Cup, who's going to give a toss if Irvine Welsh is on Hibs TV?

Smartie
28-01-2021, 09:55 AM
Yep.

Mo Johnstone is a hun
Neil McCann is a hun
Lorenzo Amoruso is a hun

Ivan Sproule - not a hun.

I loosely identify with the protestant religion and my grandfathers were both Rangers fans yet I am not a hun.

Alfredo Morelos - the hunniest little hun rat in the whole of hunville.

Danderhall Hibs
28-01-2021, 09:56 AM
How did they see it? It wasn’t available on PPV?

Stuart93
28-01-2021, 09:58 AM
That’s the SUN picked up on it now. If I was hibs I tell them to ram their apology.

Sir David Gray
28-01-2021, 10:02 AM
Does it matter when it's a PPV thing? Does that receive the same scrutiny that other modes of broadcasting do?

I believe so, yes.

I don't think anything came of it in the end but the compliance officer apparently reviewed footage a couple of years ago of Tom Boyd going on a rant about John Beaton on Celtic TV and saying "he'll be welcome in his pub tonight".

I'm not sure if it would fall under the jurisdiction of Ofcom.

nonshinyfinish
28-01-2021, 10:03 AM
How did they see it? It wasn’t available on PPV?

Presumably there were dodgy streams of it out there. I would have assumed this only happened when a game wasn't on Sky etc, but I guess from the streamer's point of view there's less chance of getting shut down rebroadcasting a club channel vs rebroadcasting Sky.

Or perhaps their post-2016 obsession is so great that they have Hibs STs…

Carheenlea
28-01-2021, 10:03 AM
That’s the SUN picked up on it now. If I was hibs I tell them to ram their apology.

“The author is well-known for his unusual use of language, but angry Gers fans complained on social media - with some sending complaints direct to the communications watchdog.

Rangers, Hibs and Irvine Welsh have been contacted for comment.”

:lolrangers::lolrangers::lolrangers::lolrangers:

Vault Boy
28-01-2021, 10:04 AM

Ah, The Sun - those bastions of moral righteousness, can't wait to see their hot take.

Rangers fans wailing to Ofcom apparently, as they so often love to do. Really can't stand those tossers. Worst club in the UK.

Sir David Gray
28-01-2021, 10:04 AM
Why?

Imagine Hibs draw Raith Rovers (for example) at ER in the Scottish Cup, who's going to give a toss if Irvine Welsh is on Hibs TV?

I don't understand the relevance to that.

If he's considered to have made a sectarian remark, what difference does it make as to who we are playing in terms of considering his suitability as a guest?

Pretty Boy
28-01-2021, 10:07 AM
Just tell them Welsh is an East of Scotland football fan and nothing to do with us. Maybe with an allegiance to an English team that play in green. Plymouth will do.

It's the usual tactic when discussing Rangers fans behaviour.

killie-hibby
28-01-2021, 10:10 AM
Irvine's comments were in response to Morelos assaulting Porteous and biased or incompetent refereeing. If any apologies are due, they should come from Morelos and the referee. No doubt the MSM sycophants will focus on Irvine. Remember how sportsound for days on end vilified Gary O'Conner for gaining Hibs a dubious penalty. Had that been a Bigot Twin player not a peep would have been heard.

Peevemor
28-01-2021, 10:10 AM
I don't understand the relevance to that.

If he's considered to have made a sectarian remark, what difference does it make as to who we are playing in terms of considering his suitability as a guest?

You're making out that Hibs TV can't possibly invite Irvine Welsh back on to the programme. I'm giving an example where they could and nobody would care .

It might be wise not to have him back for a Rangers match, and he might upset the sparryheids, sheep ****gers or soap dodgers in matches against them, but the majority of Scottish fans would probably watch with amused interest.

So tell me again why shouldn't Hibs reinvite him?

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2021, 10:15 AM
If we can let someone who's been an international drug trafficker manage one of our top flight football clubs, we can let someone who's said a few controversial words back into the tv studio to give his views again.

Since452
28-01-2021, 10:21 AM
If we can let someone who's been an international drug trafficker manage one of our top flight football clubs, we can let someone who's said a few controversial words back into the tv studio to give his views again.

Correct

Danderhall Hibs
28-01-2021, 10:23 AM
Presumably there were dodgy streams of it out there. I would have assumed this only happened when a game wasn't on Sky etc, but I guess from the streamer's point of view there's less chance of getting shut down rebroadcasting a club channel vs rebroadcasting Sky.

Or perhaps their post-2016 obsession is so great that they have Hibs STs…

Dear Police,

While I was watching an illegal stream I happened across a bad man saying “sticky bun” and saying he likes watching football without hearing sectarian songs! I find this totally unacceptable, in fact it’s a “hate” crime.

I have copied in the illegal stream provider so they can take this up with Hibernian FC who I’m sure you agree are dirty fenians.

G15 Hibs
28-01-2021, 10:24 AM
Know what will happen? In a few days it'll all blow over and everyone will have moved onto the next social media OUTRAGE. In a few months someone might go "Mind that time Irvine Welsh said that thing about Morelos?" "Oh aye. Heh."

SaulGoodman
28-01-2021, 10:26 AM
But he never used the word “Hun” he said “Sticky Bun” can The Rangers fans prove he meant it in a rhyming slang way? Maybe it meant something else.

Peevemor
28-01-2021, 10:28 AM
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned him making the YLT sign with his fingers. I nearly fainted!

Carheenlea
28-01-2021, 10:30 AM
But he never used the word “Hun” he said “Sticky Bun” can The Rangers fans prove he meant it in a rhyming slang way? Maybe it meant something else.

Rangers fans will be more annoyed that there isn’t a catchy rhyming slang for the term fenian. Not that they really require one given their liberal use of the word.

Chorley Hibee
28-01-2021, 10:31 AM
Dear Police,

While I was watching an illegal stream I happened across a bad man saying “sticky bun” and saying he likes watching football without hearing sectarian songs! I find this totally unacceptable, in fact it’s a “hate” crime.

I have copied in the illegal stream provider so they can take this up with Hibernian FC who I’m sure you agree are dirty fenians.

The police are probably wading through crayon etched versions of this as we type. 🤣

Northernhibee
28-01-2021, 10:31 AM

Maybe they can print “THE TRUTH” on their rag and not upset the grieving relatives of innocent football fans for once.

we are hibs
28-01-2021, 10:32 AM
Hibs should absolutely not apologise. **** all to apologise for. Why are Huns watching Hibs tv in the first place? Bunch of greeting faced gimps.

hibsbollah
28-01-2021, 10:36 AM
Just tell them Welsh is an East of Scotland football fan and nothing to do with us. Maybe with an allegiance to an English team that play in green. Plymouth will do.

It's the usual tactic when discussing Rangers fans behaviour.

"Its merely a journalistic tangle of legs, Mr Communications Ombudsman..."

Jim44
28-01-2021, 10:44 AM
Hibs should absolutely not apologise. **** all to apologise for. Why are Huns watching Hibs tv in the first place? Bunch of greeting faced gimps.

Without condoning or criticising Welsh’s behaviour, the Hun muppets might care to chew over the ‘banter’ and bias of guests and commentators on Rangers TV.

Carheenlea
28-01-2021, 10:45 AM
Dear Police,

:hilarious

Rumble de Thump
28-01-2021, 10:55 AM
The term 'hun' is obviosuly not sectarian and never has been. Sevco fans desperately want it to be sectarian so that it can be used as part of their relentless whataboutery.

happiehibbie
28-01-2021, 10:56 AM
I think Irvine Welsh was bang out of order for what was said last night.

i do not like Rangers or Celtic but people need to rise above Racism or Sectarianism

He was bang out of order as is tanner or the girl for not apologising live on air

Sir David Gray
28-01-2021, 10:57 AM
You're making out that Hibs TV can't possibly invite Irvine Welsh back on to the programme. I'm giving an example where they could and nobody would care .

It might be wise not to have him back for a Rangers match, and he might upset the sparryheids, sheep ****gers or soap dodgers in matches against them, but the majority of Scottish fans would probably watch with amused interest.

So tell me again why shouldn't Hibs reinvite him?

If you can't understand why Hibs would feel unable to have Irvine Welsh back on Hibs TV if he has been deemed to have used a sectarian slur, I'm not too sure what else I can really say.

Peevemor
28-01-2021, 11:00 AM
If you can't understand why Hibs would feel unable to have Irvine Welsh back on Hibs TV if he has been deemed to have used a sectarian slur, I'm not too sure what else I can really say.

I honestly don't understand why. Tell me please - what's to stop them?

I get the impression that you've made up your mind but you don't know why.

Rumble de Thump
28-01-2021, 11:01 AM
Did Irvine Welsh actually say anything racist or sectarian?

Peevemor
28-01-2021, 11:02 AM

i do not like Rangers or Celtic but people need to rise above Racism or Sectarianism

He was bang out of order as is tanner or the girl for not apologising live on air

"Sticky bun". You're easily offended aren't you?

we are hibs
28-01-2021, 11:02 AM

What was said that was racist or sectarian?

Allez Hibs
28-01-2021, 11:03 AM
We are currently without a CEO. I do wonder what Leann Dempsters response to Irvine Welsh's comments would have been from a corporate reputational point of view.

Jones28
28-01-2021, 11:09 AM

Nothing he said was racist or sectarian.

happiehibbie
28-01-2021, 11:10 AM
What was said that was racist or sectarian?

Scottish anti-sectarian charity Nil By Mouth describes the word as “sectarian” and “abusive”, adding that it is “used negatively against Protestants”.

Sir David Gray
28-01-2021, 11:11 AM
I honestly don't understand why. Tell me please - what's to stop them?

I get the impression that you've made up your mind but you don't know why.

I do know why.

As much as I disagree with it, the term "hun" is considered to be a sectarian remark. If a complaint is made then Hibs, with all their anti-discrimination policies in place and signing up to initiatives to stamp out bigotry and racism etc, won't be able to just allow Welsh back on as if nothing's happened just because it's not Rangers we're playing.

Chorley Hibee
28-01-2021, 11:11 AM
Scottish anti-sectarian charity Nil By Mouth describes the word as “sectarian” and “abusive”, adding that it is “used negatively against Protestants”.

Nil by mouth are a sham, nothing but Sevco apologists looking to apportion blame elsewhere at every opportunity.

Rumble de Thump
28-01-2021, 11:12 AM

But they have got that wrong, though, haven't they?

Peevemor
28-01-2021, 11:13 AM
I do know why.

As much as I disagree with it, the term "hun" is considered to be a sectarian remark. If a complaint is made then Hibs, with all their anti-discrimination policies in place and signing up to initiatives to stamp out bigotry and racism etc, won't be able to just allow Welsh back on as if nothing's happened just because it's not Rangers we're playing.

And if they apologise?

happiehibbie
28-01-2021, 11:13 AM
"Sticky bun". You're easily offended aren't you?

No I have a great sense of humour lived a long time unfortunately this type of language is out of order. My personal thoughts are the PC brigade have taken over the world.

His comments live on a TV was wrong

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2021, 11:14 AM
Is there a nil by ears? :rolleyes:

Sectarian my erse.

BonnieFitbaTeam
28-01-2021, 11:15 AM
[QUOTE=happiehibbie;6440343]Scottish anti-sectarian charity Nil By Mouth describes the word as “sectarian” and “abusive”, adding that it is “used negatively against Protestants”.

And who made them arbiters of what does and doesn't constitute a sectarian expression?

Carheenlea
28-01-2021, 11:16 AM

That’s Nil by Mouth’s own interpretation of the word. Not ours.

Jim44
28-01-2021, 11:18 AM
At the end of the day:

Rumble de Thump
28-01-2021, 11:20 AM
That’s Nil by Mouth’s own interpretation of the word. Not ours.

It's a very problematic interpretation as well. It enables Sevco fans to claim everyone else is just as sectarian as them instead of them stamping it out within their fanbase.

Partyraiser
28-01-2021, 11:20 AM
so let me get this right, Irvine is being accused of using an offensive word to describe a protestant when he was referring to someone who's presumably a catholic?!

How can hun be a sectarian term when it's only used to describe the supporters of one relatively new football team, no matter what religion that supporter is?!

Jones28
28-01-2021, 11:23 AM

A google of the dictionary definition shows that this is is the secondary definition, and I can't imagine a more accurate description:

"often A barbarous or destructive person"

FilipinoHibs
28-01-2021, 11:26 AM
Hun describes Rangers behavior not their religion. Most protestants are not huns. Many Rangers fans and playerss are.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/hun

Jay
28-01-2021, 11:27 AM

The girl? Wow :rolleyes:

rossevenil
28-01-2021, 11:29 AM
Hun Definition

a member of a nomadic and warlike Asian people who devastated or controlled large parts of eastern and central Europe and who exercised their greatest power under Attila in the 5th century a.d.

(often lowercase) a barbarous, destructive person; vandal.

Older Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. a contemptuous term used to refer to a German, especially a German soldier in World War I or II.

Think that completely describes them and not a hint of "sectarianism" in any of those

brianmc
28-01-2021, 11:33 AM
For those discussing the huns watching last night's game on illegal streams - the match was live on Sky Sports!

Pretty Boy
28-01-2021, 11:36 AM
For those discussing the huns watching last night's game on illegal streams - the match was live on Sky Sports!

Irvine Welsh wasn't though.

Peevemor
28-01-2021, 11:37 AM

But Irvine Welsh wasn't - he was on Hibs TV, which wasn't on PPV.

James Stephen
28-01-2021, 11:37 AM
Irvine Welsh being Irvine Welsh on hibs in house tv channel is getting people offended?!

Hun is not sectarian, it has never been sectarian. It is a term used to describe the fans of one club, not a religion, a sect or any other ethnic or minority group.

It really is that simple- anything else is just noise.

I hope no huns read any of his books, they might really find something to be offended about 😁

Sir David Gray
28-01-2021, 11:38 AM
And if they apologise?

I don't see why that would make any difference.

It wouldn't matter if it was a racist remark.

Carheenlea
28-01-2021, 11:38 AM
What does the word 'hun' mean and what is its place in today's society?
(Irish Post June 7th 2016)

https://www.irishpost.com/news/what-does-the-word-hun-mean-and-what-is-its-place-in-todays-society-91001

Oscar T Grouch
28-01-2021, 11:39 AM

Yes offended by non existent sectarianism but not by casual misogyny :greengrin

Peevemor
28-01-2021, 11:41 AM
I don't see why that would make any difference.

It wouldn't matter if it was a racist remark.

I give up!

Nobody can stop Hibs TV inviting Irvine Welsh on to the pre match programme. Tell me who can legally force them not to and I'll accept your answer.

SaulGoodman
28-01-2021, 11:46 AM
He still didn’t say Hun :duck:

Smartie
28-01-2021, 11:48 AM
I could grudgingly accept that the Morelos comment might have been a bit ott or unnecessary.

No way should Hibs be acknowledging any drivel about the phrase “sticky bun”.

Sir David Gray
28-01-2021, 11:52 AM
I give up!

Nobody can stop Hibs TV inviting Irvine Welsh on to the pre match programme. Tell me who can legally force them not to and I'll accept your answer.

I've never once said that anyone could legally force Hibs to not invite Irvine Welsh (or anyone else for that matter) onto Hibs TV, I think you've confused what I've said.

Anyway life's too short for this. I give up too.

Allez Hibs
28-01-2021, 11:55 AM
Like it or not the world is very PC now and Hibs could face criticism for this as its the clubs official TV Channel.

See it the world over TV channels distancing themselves from comments made by people on them and apologising.

Chuck Rhoades
28-01-2021, 11:55 AM
But Irvine Welsh wasn't - he was on Hibs TV, which wasn't on PPV.

Hibs officials won’t want the club caught up in situations like this morning. Therefore, IW won’t be invited back by the club.

FWIW, I enjoyed listening to IW more than any other guest so far and would have him back on every week.

Allez Hibs
28-01-2021, 11:56 AM
I give up!

SPFL / SFA

Comments could be seen to cause an issue between two member clubs.

Allez Hibs
28-01-2021, 11:57 AM
Hibs officials won’t want the club caught up in situations like this morning. Therefore, IW won’t be invited back by the club.

FWIW, I enjoyed listening to IW more than any other guest so far and would have him back on every week.

Spot on.

MartinfaePorty
28-01-2021, 11:59 AM
I could grudgingly accept that the Morelos comment might have been a bit ott or unnecessary.

No way should Hibs be acknowledging any drivel about the phrase “sticky bun”.

I think if there was ever time for a Peter Lawell style 'sorry, not sorry' reply from Hibs then this could be it about his Morelos comment. Something like: 'Celebrated author and Hibs fan, Irvine Welsh, was invited on to Hibs TV to give his unique take on proceedings at the recent home game vs Rangers. Hibs understands that some people have raised concerns around comments made by him in relation to the Rangers player, Alfredo Morelos. Irvine is known for his down to earth style in his best-selling novels and those familiar with his prose will have recognised his words were part of the colourful hyperbole which permeates his work. However, Hibernian FC apologise if anyone was offended by any comments during Wednesday's programme.'

Allez Hibs
28-01-2021, 12:01 PM
I think if there was ever time for a Peter Lawell style 'sorry, not sorry' reply from Hibs then this could be it about his Morelos comment. Something like: 'Celebrated author and Hibs fan, Irvine Welsh, was invited on to Hibs TV to give his unique take on proceedings at the recent home game vs Rangers. Hibs understands that some people have raised concerns around comments made by him in relation to the Rangers player, Alfredo Morelos. Irvine is known for his down to earth style in his best-selling novels and those familiar with his prose will have recognised his words were part of the colourful hyperbole which permeates his work. However, Hibernian FC apologise if anyone was offended by any comments during Wednesday's programme.'

If they were clever they'd add in why he made those comments and highlight the appalling refereeing standards when playing the old firm.

MartinfaePorty
28-01-2021, 12:02 PM
If they were clever they'd add in why he made those comments and highlight the appalling refereeing standards when playing the old firm.

I did think of adding 'acknowledged cheat' 'Alfredo Morelos!

Jim44
28-01-2021, 12:14 PM
They were also saying earlier that Welsh’s reference to cutting Morelos up with a machete and spreading his body parts to the four corners of the earth was a threatening matter requiring police attention. :faf:
Not quite as threatening as ‘watch your back going up a dark Glasgow close, ya Fenian barsteward’.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-01-2021, 12:15 PM
Irvine was good fun last night, need to get him back on.

Smartie
28-01-2021, 12:17 PM

That's very nicely worded tbh.

Those non apologies are normally a pet hate of mine too, but I can see the sense in that approach.

"False equivalence" is something that should be tackled as the battle to stamp out all sorts of bigotry takes place and I'd take a very dim view of Hibs apologising for the use of the phrase "sticky bun" by a guest on a tv channel designed to be for home support subscriptions only.

The Captain....
28-01-2021, 12:18 PM
When the festering hun cesspit went belly up I remember having a conversation with other supporters of a few different clubs in the pub that the tribute act would be even worse.

They are the most obnoxious, bigoted easily tiggered mob of throwbacks and I long for the day they are outside the crumbling Ibrox greeting into their sashes again when Newhun goes pop.

Delighted Irvine Welsh has got to them...job done.

I ****ing hate huns.

Danderhall Hibs
28-01-2021, 12:19 PM
Irvine was good fun last night, need to get him back on.

Is “fun” rhyming slang for anything? You better watch or the police will be knocking on your door soon...

Carheenlea
28-01-2021, 12:20 PM

Other than a headline and a few words on their Twitter feed from The Sun, some angry Rangers fans on Follow Follow there doesn’t seem to have been any “situations” as such which would cause Hibs any problems.

Perhaps Irvine Welsh’s remarks have indeed been taken in the spirit intended.

Keith_M
28-01-2021, 12:20 PM
I hope Hibs get him on for the game against Celtc, so he can mention 'Soap Dodging Plastics', 'That Cheating Scrote, Scott Broon' and 'The Biscuit Tin Mentality that Blew 10IAR'

NAE NOOKIE
28-01-2021, 12:33 PM
Far from complaining about Irvine Welsh you would have thought our Sevco supporting friends would recognise they owe him a debt of gratitude. After Trainspotting 2 how many of them realised that having 1690 as your cashcard or credit card pin code was insecure and changed their number ... how ungrateful can you get FFS :greengrin

Rumble de Thump
28-01-2021, 12:39 PM
Is Jam Tarts sectarian or is it only certain baked goods?

lord bunberry
28-01-2021, 12:43 PM
Far from complaining about Irvine Welsh you would have thought our Sevco supporting friends would recognise they owe him a debt of gratitude. After Trainspotting 2 how many of them realised that having 1690 as your cashcard or credit card pin code was insecure and changed their number ... how ungrateful can you get FFS :greengrin
Good point, how many giros have remained safely in bank accounts due to the stellar work done by Irvine Welsh? They should be thanking him.

hibsbollah
28-01-2021, 12:45 PM
He still didn’t say Hun :duck:

True, but if John Terry had called Anton Ferdinand a 'silvery moon' instead of what he actually said, he still wouldnt have avoided trouble. Rhyming slang isnt some sort of clever legal loophole:greengrin

Rumble de Thump
28-01-2021, 12:46 PM
True, but if John Terry had called Anton Ferdinand a 'silvery moon' instead of what he actually said, he still wouldnt have avoided trouble. Rhyming slang isnt some sort of clever legal loophole:greengrin

A James Blunt like you would say that.

hibsbollah
28-01-2021, 12:47 PM
A James Blunt like you would say that.

shut yer cameron toll

monarch
28-01-2021, 01:04 PM
Is Jam Tarts sectarian or is it only certain baked goods?

😂😂😂

James Stephen
28-01-2021, 01:07 PM
Hibs should just advise any huns who were offended to stop watching hibs tv.

Simple solution really.

Peevemor
28-01-2021, 01:18 PM
Is “fun” rhyming slang for anything? You better watch or the police will be knocking on your door soon...

I've tried explaining rhyming slang to French people and they just give me funny looks, especially when I explain that normally we don't say the word that rhymes

Mick Jagger/Lager - they can just about grasp, however a couple of pints of Mick followed by Ruby and a Joe home - they don't have a scooby.

Chuck Rhoades
28-01-2021, 01:22 PM
Other than a headline and a few words on their Twitter feed from The Sun, some angry Rangers fans on Follow Follow there doesn’t seem to have been any “situations” as such which would cause Hibs any problems.

Perhaps Irvine Welsh’s remarks have indeed been taken in the spirit intended.

Haven’t looked on social channels, presumed there was based on posts in here. Hopefully you are right.

monarch
28-01-2021, 01:41 PM
If Jimmy Sandison can achieve such notoriety what’s the betting that one of Irvine Welsh’s future literary works will include a shifty overweight repulsive Colombian.

GreenNWhiteArmy
28-01-2021, 01:49 PM
Amusing that the same people being offended by Irvine's choice of words were genuinely hoping and willing a serious injury to Porteous throughout the game last night.

Huns really don't do irony.

happiehibbie
28-01-2021, 02:17 PM

Don't get me started on woman and football :)

I could not remember her name and could not be bothered googling it.
am sorry if I offended you but I wont loose sleep on it :)

happiehibbie
28-01-2021, 02:21 PM
Yes offended by non existent sectarianism but not by casual misogyny :greengrin

At no point did I say I was offended. I use the word myself to describe them. However I have not been invited on to a TV program to be asked my view watch by many.

As for the girl I could not remember her name I could not care that I could not remember her name as for women's football Its a no for me.

Jay
28-01-2021, 02:34 PM

You didnt offend me and I'm sure Joelle Murray wont lose sleep over your ignorance either . The work she puts in obviously hasnt gone to waste :rolleyes: you may not like or agree with what she does but a little respect goes a long way - the same respect you were looking for for rangers! The fact you class her below that is pretty sad in 2021. Thankfully your in a minority

Greenbeard
28-01-2021, 04:00 PM
Amusing that the same people being offended by Irvine's choice of words were genuinely hoping and willing a serious injury to Porteous throughout the game last night.

Huns really don't do irony.
Haw doll. Will ye geez ma shirt an irony.

Hibiza
28-01-2021, 05:13 PM
King Irvine.

gbhibby
28-01-2021, 05:39 PM
Was he at the stadium or was he sending a letter from America?

I'll get Ma coat.

ancient hibee
28-01-2021, 05:49 PM
I've tried explaining rhyming slang to French people and they just give me funny looks, especially when I explain that normally we don't say the word that rhymes

Mick Jagger/Lager - they can just about grasp, however a couple of pints of Mick followed by Ruby and a Joe home - they don't have a scooby.

Think they might struggle with where berk comes from.

Hibiza
28-01-2021, 06:21 PM
King Irv for manager.

Keith_M
28-01-2021, 06:24 PM
Dear Police,

You missed out taigs and bead rattlers

:greengrin

Saturday Boy
28-01-2021, 06:25 PM

I know exactly what you mean.

About twenty years ago I was in Bulgaria (no balconies involved). In a very nice restaurant the translated menu had “Ribs and Cabbage” as a specialty dish.

Even after an hour and two bottles of a very decent red and the help of a waitress as translator, I couldn’t persuade the chef to to do the right thing. 😂

Edit: the two bottles of wine were between the three of us. Probably different now though 😳

Hibs90
28-01-2021, 06:32 PM
https://twitter.com/rangersfcslo/status/1354862267473518597?s=21

Irvine has the entire fan base tilted and it’s brilliant to see

Peevemor
28-01-2021, 06:36 PM
https://twitter.com/rangersfcslo/status/1354862267473518597?s=21

Irvine has the entire fan base tilted and it’s brilliant to seeThey're going bananas. What a bunch of tubes!

Pretty Boy
28-01-2021, 06:42 PM
They're going bananas. What a bunch of tubes!

They're unhinged about the whole thing. I've got hundreds of them going after me on Twitter. One boy must have looked for me elsewhere on social media, found me then liked pictures of my daughter on Instagram, he then DM'd me a photoshopped picture of her in a Rangers top.

That's proper weirdo behaviour.

Vault Boy
28-01-2021, 06:51 PM
They're unhinged about the whole thing. I've got hundreds of them going after me on Twitter. One boy must have looked for me elsewhere on social media, found me then liked pictures of my daughter on Instagram, he then DM'd me a photoshopped picture of her in a Rangers top.

All in an effort to prove how much they 'don't care' that people don't like them? Yeah, that scans. Absolute freaks.

gbhibby
28-01-2021, 06:53 PM
He never actually used the word hun did he?
If I said El Buffalo stuck his hoof on Ryan's leg is that offensive.

Iggy Pope
28-01-2021, 06:54 PM
Unfathomable that any user on here could ever take issue with the words used by Irvine Welsh, a fairly well educated man, a writer of some standing and repute and a man who allows humour to come to the fore. “Sticky Bun”. Sectarian? Drag yourselves back into reality for ****s sake. Laughable. Almost as laughable as Hibs feeling the need to apologise to these Neanderthals who directly abuse our fans and our staff on a sectarian level every single occasion we cross paths going back decades.
That’s not ‘whataboutery’ either. It’s the truth.

Next Huns game let’s have him and Garry O’Connor co-host with a pissed-up Boozy commentating in French.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2021, 06:55 PM
All in an effort to prove how much they 'don't care' that people don't like them? Yeah, that scans. Absolute freaks.

It's quite funny really.

I think most of my tweets are seen by about 10 people. Suddenly I'm getting 160000 impressions and 38000 engagements. They really don't care.

Since452
28-01-2021, 06:57 PM
What is is with Rangers and grassing?

green day
28-01-2021, 06:59 PM
Unfathomable that any user on here could ever take issue with the words used by Irvine Welsh, a fairly well educated man, a writer of some standing and repute and a man who allows humour to come to the fore. “Sticky Bun”. Sectarian? Drag yourselves back into reality for ****s sake. Laughable. Almost as laughable as Hibs feeling the need to apologise to these Neanderthals who directly abuse our fans and our staff on a sectarian level every single occasion we cross paths going back decades.
That’s not ‘whataboutery’ either. It’s the truth.

Next Huns game let’s have him and Garry O’Connor co-host with a pissed-up Boozy commentating in French.

I think it was more the bit about saying Morelos should be macheted up and sent to the 4 corners of the earth that has got them upset...............

Either way, amusing

Iggy Pope
28-01-2021, 07:04 PM
I think it was more the bit about saying Morelos should be macheted up and sent to the 4 corners of the earth that has got them upset...............

Either way, amusing

It appears not looking further up our own thread at the sectarian offence taken by our own silly folk.
I can’t see anything remotely sectarian about the suggestion of feeding Morelos to seagulls although the RSPB might think differently.

Irvine for President.

Kato
28-01-2021, 07:08 PM
I can’t see anything remotely sectarian about the suggestion of feeding Morelos to seagulls although the RSPB might think differently.

Obviously a metaphor. Anyone who thinks he was being literal are just projecting.

green day
28-01-2021, 07:12 PM
It appears not looking further up our own thread at the sectarian offence taken by our own silly folk.

Irvine for President.

I havent been on much today so hadnt seen that narrative............ but anyone stating that hun or sticky bin is sectarian is a fanny.

Danderhall Hibs
28-01-2021, 07:14 PM

I bet he’s not got a real name? Their hounding and harassment of people online is ridiculous and needs dealt with.

Iggy Pope
28-01-2021, 07:16 PM
I havent been on much today so hadnt seen that narrative............ but anyone stating that hun or sticky bin is sectarian is a fanny.

Sticky bin doesnae really work but I get you :greengrin

CloudSquall
28-01-2021, 07:16 PM
In today's world of mock outrage there is 0% chance of an apology being met with a "fair enough, let's move on" response.

Don't back down, double down with an Irvine Welsh one hour special next time around.

FilipinoHibs
28-01-2021, 07:30 PM
Love Irvine Welsh. Coming back on the train with my two young boys after we lost 2-1 to Aberdeen in cup semi Irvine was sitting opposite. My boys in particular were down. Irvine cheered them up with jokes about Old Firm and Hearts. It reached a peak as the train stopped at Haymarket with comments about the smell from ***********. It will be Twitter now for his rants. Don't think Off The Ball will even have him on.

EI255
28-01-2021, 07:35 PM
Wearing a CCS tee shirtNice touch [emoji4][emoji108]

Sent from my Columbian phone

Iggy Pope
28-01-2021, 07:38 PM
In today's world of mock outrage there is 0% chance of an apology being met with a "fair enough, let's move on" response.

Don't back down, double down with an Irvine Welsh one hour special next time around.

Of course. Already the Sticky Bun James Hunts are provoking the “football authorities” into acting.

Those *******s that inflicted Andy ****ing Cameron on the paying public week in, week out in an attempt at pre-match entertainment! I’d rather stick pins in my boaby than listen to that.

Iggy Pope
28-01-2021, 07:39 PM

Lose. Unless you really meant loose.

Iggy Pope
28-01-2021, 07:46 PM
It was amusing but he does play to the populist Hibs support who like having their belly tickled.

You trying to get more tweets out of yer wee pal Tam?
How dare Irvine Welsh appeal to the masses.

CMurdoch
28-01-2021, 08:20 PM
You trying to get more tweets out of yer wee pal Tam?
How dare Irvine Welsh appeal to the masses.

The rich man had his fun and caught a lot of fish

Iggy Pope
28-01-2021, 08:25 PM
The rich man had his fun and caught a lot of fish

That should do it.

Carheenlea
28-01-2021, 08:53 PM
The bigger worry if we have to hand over the full footage might be the Dennis Nilson gag early on in the broadcast..!

NAE NOOKIE
28-01-2021, 10:36 PM
Sod this. Give him a page in the programme.

Today we welcome the sticky buns to Easter Road. Sitting top of the league they have been hunbeatable at home with songs about killing Kafflics and 300 year old battles in another country inspiring their players to winning ways.

The queens 11 will be sporting their traditional orange away kit in today's fixture as a tribute to Donald Trump who's Scottish born granny once picked the original Rangurz as a home win on her fixed odds and not at all as a sop to their fans from lodges throughout Scotland.

One to watch: Kevin Clancy. Kevin has made a name for himself this season contributing to many fine Sevco performances.

Notable European results: In their previous incarnation as Rangers FC getting out of Manchester with only 350 arrests and not having their ground closed by UEFA for countless acts of bigotry.

Trophy count: The sticky buns lit up the 15/16 Scottish season with a dazzling run to Hampden in the Petrofac Cup thrashing a makeshift Hibs team ( see May 2016 for further information ) to line up a shot at giants Ayr United. A hard fought 0 - 2 victory saw them face Livingston at home where their players ability to ignore the massed 15 hostile away fans took them through to Hampden by a score of 1 - 0. Though written off by the pundits and the bookies Sevco were inspired on the day and overcame everybody's favourites Peterhead in a game that will live long in the memory for every sticky bun who was there that day. It remains the clubs only trophy success.

Since452
28-01-2021, 11:10 PM
I like how Hibs invited Irvine Welsh on to cover a game against Rangers and expected him not to say something controversial. Bit naive.

Peevemor
28-01-2021, 11:22 PM
I like how Hibs invited Irvine Welsh on to cover a game against Rangers and expected him not to say something controversial. Bit naive.Maybe the opposite is true and they were rubbing their hands at the prospect.

Frazerbob
29-01-2021, 01:21 AM
As a gesture of goodwill, Hibs should offer to refund any offended Sevco fan who paid for Hibs TV coverage. They just need to produce their receipt 🤣

SouthMoroccoStu
29-01-2021, 02:30 AM
As a gesture of goodwill, Hibs should offer to refund any offended Sevco fan who paid for Hibs TV coverage. They just need to produce their receipt 🤣

Lol

Clarence
29-01-2021, 06:03 AM
It’s like he said in Marabou Stork Nightmares. Back down to them and they’re swarming all over you. Stand up to them and they’re shouting Mammy, Daddy, Polis. Cleaned up the language a bit there but you get the idea.

Keith_M
29-01-2021, 09:01 AM
I want a giant flag with this on it

https://e7.pngegg.com/pngimages/514/61/png-clipart-donut-honey-bun-cinnamon-roll-small-bread-bun-s-food-bread.png

.Sean.
29-01-2021, 09:07 AM

Today we welcome the sticky buns to Easter Road. Sitting top of the league they have been hunbeatable at home with songs about killing Kafflics and 300 year old battles in another country inspiring their players to winning ways.

The queens 11 will be sporting their traditional orange away kit in today's fixture as a tribute to Donald Trump who's Scottish born granny once picked the original Rangurz as a home win on her fixed odds and not at all as a sop to their fans from lodges throughout Scotland.

One to watch: Kevin Clancy. Kevin has made a name for himself this season contributing to many fine Sevco performances.

Notable European results: In their previous incarnation as Rangers FC getting out of Manchester with only 350 arrests and not having their ground closed by UEFA for countless acts of bigotry.

Trophy count: The sticky buns lit up the 15/16 Scottish season with a dazzling run to Hampden in the Petrofac Cup thrashing a makeshift Hibs team ( see May 2016 for further information ) to line up a shot at giants Ayr United. A hard fought 0 - 2 victory saw them face Livingston at home where their players ability to ignore the massed 15 hostile away fans took them through to Hampden by a score of 1 - 0. Though written off by the pundits and the bookies Sevco were inspired on the day and overcame everybody's favourites Peterhead in a game that will live long in the memory for every sticky bun who was there that day. It remains the clubs only trophy success.
😂😂😂😂😂 My favourite post on here in a long time 😂😂😂😂😂

ballengeich
29-01-2021, 09:18 AM
Personally I found what he said quite accurate. However, there are environments in which you have to accept that you can't talk in the same way as you do when among friends. A public broadcast is one. Irvine Welsh is smart enough to have known what reaction he was going to get so it would be a nice gesture if he were to pay any fine the club suffers because of his remarks.

WhileTheChief..
29-01-2021, 09:19 AM

See, you're saying this in jest probably, but that's exactly the kind of response I would like to see.

Wind them up even more. Why shouldn't we? What's wrong with taking the piss a bit and insulting your opponents?

Why does everything have to be so sterile these days.

We, as a club, should annoy and insult Rangers at every opportunity.

Keith_M
29-01-2021, 09:36 AM
If anybody's interested, there's a giant statue of Attila the Hun in Tulln, Austria.

I had my photo taken next to it but I'm not posting it here, in case The Rangers demand an apology...

:wink:

Jones28
29-01-2021, 10:04 AM

:thumbsup:

Coco Bryce
29-01-2021, 10:52 AM

Take a bow Sir :top marks

Brunswickbill
29-01-2021, 11:00 AM
For a team whose support constantly sing a song with the line “Up to your knees in Fenian blood,” their complaint is total hypocrisy.

ads913
29-01-2021, 11:04 AM
i have not read every detail in this thread so forgive me if anyone else has asked.
this is what i was thinking.

If it was a complaint driven then was it a Hibs supporter complaint(which i highly doubt) or lets say a current bun pirate tv viewing of our exclusive to hibernian only service.
Ask them for their subscription to validate there claims :cb

The Captain....
29-01-2021, 11:11 AM
It’s like he said in Marabou Stork Nightmares. Back down to them and they’re swarming all over you. Stand up to them and they’re shouting Mammy, Daddy, Polis. Cleaned up the language a bit there but you get the idea.

Spot ****ing on.

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2021, 11:15 AM
Rather than being sticky buns, surely for whats in the middle they should all be called Jaffa's.

Since452
29-01-2021, 11:19 AM
Find it funny that Rangers fans are so triggered by sticky bun. The social media meltdown has been very amusing. They know they can't do anything about it.

Keith_M
29-01-2021, 11:25 AM
The outrage currently in the Daily Record (Daily Ranger) seems to be around Welsh's comments towards Morelos.

They're also trying to make out that McGregor's tackle in the 2nd half was just as bad, and was a deliberate stamp.

I haven't seen anything referring to the 'Sticky Bun' comment, or him calling them out for sectarianism (though I haven't read every article in detail)

WhileTheChief..
29-01-2021, 11:38 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/irvine-welsh-rangers-rant-full-23406088

Video and full transcript here, including sticky bun chat!

Also reporting that the SFA are investigating us and could take action.

And some folk still think we were right to apologise! Hunbelievable.

Keith_M
29-01-2021, 11:47 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/irvine-welsh-rangers-rant-full-23406088

Video and full transcript here, including sticky bun chat!

Also reporting that the SFA are investigating us and could take action.

And some folk still think we were right to apologise! Hunbelievable.

I heard they've had Hunners of complaints.

WhileTheChief..
29-01-2021, 11:54 AM
Record say they previously didn’t have permission to show the vid due to copyright but now it’s ok.

Who gave them permission?

I guess Rangers just told us we had to give them it eh.

Allez Hibs
29-01-2021, 11:54 AM
What would happen with IW's comments under the Justice Minister's proposed hate crime bill?

Booked4Being-Ugly
29-01-2021, 12:10 PM
If Hibs dont play a 'Flock of Seagulls' song next time we play the sticky buns then they're missing a trick.

Carheenlea
29-01-2021, 12:22 PM
If Hibs dont play a 'Flock of Seagulls' song next time we play the sticky buns then they're missing a trick.

This is the ideal pre match fodder for Hibs v Rangers to boom out loud around Easter Road.

Anyone know if Barrie Wilkins has a copy in amongst his collection of commercial dance/pop?

https://youtu.be/tqSY3iQM56g

Get it played.

GreyJammies
29-01-2021, 02:05 PM
Irvine Welsh is a wonderful human being. The most significant and important Hibs fan of all time. I bet he went home, poured a large expensive brandy, sat in his favourite chair, lit a fat Cuban (lighting a fat Colombian woulda been better) logged on to Twitter and laughed his arse off til he fell asleep.

Well played Sir.

Jim44
29-01-2021, 02:06 PM
This is the ideal pre match fodder for Hibs v Rangers to boom out loud around Easter Road.

Anyone know if Barrie Wilkins has a copy in amongst his collection of commercial dance/pop?

Get it played.

:faf: I’d love it if that was played but maybe a step too far?

Kato
29-01-2021, 02:07 PM
Irvine Welsh is a wonderful human being. The most significant and important Hibs fan of all time. I bet he went home, poured a large expensive brandy, sat in his favourite chair, lit a fat Cuban (lighting a fat Colombian woulda been better) logged on to Twitter and laughed his arse off til he fell asleep.

Well played Sir.He gets crap on twitter every day from current buns so its nowt new, just amplified until they get distracted by some other non event.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

A Hi-Bee
29-01-2021, 02:41 PM
Irvine and his agent will be laughing their tits off as there is no such thing as bad publicity
Sticky buns and Seagulls would make for a great book title if you read this Irvine.....

Sticky Buns, **** the Huns, it all rhymes eh.

Alfred E Newman
29-01-2021, 02:57 PM

Well played Sir.

A bit of an exaggeration.

Itsnoteasy
29-01-2021, 03:13 PM

Well played Sir.

Most significant/important Hibs fan of all time.
DINNAE TALK $H1T3.

CMurdoch
29-01-2021, 03:18 PM

Get it played.

Strangely I have the album of the same name. Can give a loan of it to Barry to play at the next Rangers game .................if he wants the sack :greengrin
I played it once and filed it. Can't remember what it sounds like now other than that title track.
Ballboy was basically an Edinburgh guy called Gordon McIntyre (top right above) plus a few cohorts. Released E.P.s and albums and played a lot of gigs between 1999 and 2004 but after decent sales of the 2nd album in 2002 the music industry began to implode and his progress seemed to be restricted thereafter. Good and clever guy who I saw play on many occasions and still releases stuff.
Played 5 John Peel sessions. The band generally sound like a Scottish version of The Wedding Present if that appeals.

hibIBZ
29-01-2021, 03:24 PM
He shouldn't of used the language he did, or saying somebody should be macheted

However, he was right about away fans.

What does this have to do with the football authorities? Can Hibs be fully responsible for an individual who has no contractual ties to the club makiong comments on a live broadcast where there is no way to edit or control what goes out.

I thought we didn't have direct responsibility for the actions of fans etc. As long as every precaution has been taken

Iggy Pope
29-01-2021, 07:16 PM

Get it played.

The theme tune Hibs TV coverage has been crying out for.

Silversand
29-01-2021, 08:18 PM
Was the funniest thing I've seen on tv since lockdown, was in stitches at ht [emoji1787] [emoji1787]

Sadly missed the full time chat [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

04Sauzee
29-01-2021, 09:07 PM
Nacho Novo 😅

https://twitter.com/nnovo1010/status/1355204286771306497?s=19

EI255
29-01-2021, 09:26 PM
You just know Irvine will be laughing at the media and rag tops today. He certainly won't give the slightest flying fk! And he'll be delighted to hear the Follow Followers are angry and bitter about his words.

Job done son[emoji106](doesn't take much [emoji4])

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Halifaxhibby
29-01-2021, 09:28 PM
Record say they previously didn’t have permission to show the vid due to copyright but now it’s ok.

Who gave them permission?

I guess Rangers just told us we had to give them it eh.

U read the record??

Pretty Boy
29-01-2021, 09:29 PM
Nacho Novo 😅

An absolutely off the scale meltdown.

I thought actually winning something again would mellow them out but they seem to be worse than ever.

BILLYHIBS
29-01-2021, 09:30 PM
Freddo gets a three match ban

Move on nothing to see here

Irvine Welsh rules

Sir David Gray
29-01-2021, 09:31 PM
Nacho Novo 😅

He's hardly got any room to speak.

jacomo
29-01-2021, 09:35 PM
He shouldn't of used the language he did, or saying somebody should be macheted

However, he was right about away fans.

What does this have to do with the football authorities? Can Hibs be fully responsible for an individual who has no contractual ties to the club makiong comments on a live broadcast where there is no way to edit or control what goes out.

I thought we didn't have direct responsibility for the actions of fans etc. As long as every precaution has been taken

Exactly.

And the SFA are investigating? Lol. Petrie will be having a right chuckle too.

Halifaxhibby
29-01-2021, 09:38 PM
Exactly.

And the SFA are investigating? Lol. Petrie will be having a right chuckle too.

£40/50,000 fine coming up.

CropleyWasGod
29-01-2021, 09:49 PM

For what?

Mr Grieves
29-01-2021, 09:59 PM

Nah, has there ever been a fine that large in Scottish football?

Since452
29-01-2021, 11:40 PM

Better not be. Hertz got fined a packet of space raiders and a curly wurly for breaking SFA rules

Bristolhibby
30-01-2021, 06:13 AM
Watch his documentary offended. Think it was on Sky.

It’s the Huns to a T.

Personally I’d have him back the next game v the Huns. Really double down.

Perhaps wearing a geeen T-shirt with a machete on it or something like that.

Eff them and their crocodile tears. They are one of the most bigoted clubs around. KO time for their “offence”.

J

JimBHibees
30-01-2021, 07:55 AM
An absolutely off the scale meltdown.

I thought actually winning something again would mellow them out but they seem to be worse than ever.

A bit like Goram has become a Hun parody to ingratiate themselves with the orks. Why would a Spanish guy bother so much?

Danderhall Hibs
30-01-2021, 08:15 AM
A bit like Goram has become a Hun parody to ingratiate themselves with the orks. Why would a Spanish guy bother so much?

Cos he hates catholics?

JimBHibees
30-01-2021, 08:17 AM
Cos he hates catholics?

Fair chance he would be one himself?

Danderhall Hibs
30-01-2021, 08:38 AM
Fair chance he would be one himself?

:hilarious Maybe someone should tell him what they base their values on.

Carheenlea
30-01-2021, 09:36 AM

Goram and Novo are classic examples of Rangers being at the very heart of sectarian bigotry within a modern Scotland.

Two men, with no connection whatsoever to the island of Ireland who have adopted extreme Northern Irish Loyalist and Unionist views, and endorse Loyalist Paramilitaries such as The UVF. Not because of long held political opinion, personal upbringing and real life experience, but simply as a result of the team they played for and now support. Tens upon tens of thousands of the Rangers fan base views and stance is based on that same principle.

Pretty Boy
30-01-2021, 10:06 AM
It will never happen but it would be interesting if someone on Sportsound had the balls to point out some of the hypocrisy around this. No doubt we will get a lengthy discussion about both this and the Morelos stamp. Michael Stewart might be the best hope if he's on.

In the last few years we have had a Hibs manager have a song aimed at him about his wife dying of cancer, a Hibs manager mocked for having had cancer and at least 4 managers repeatedly referred to as 'fenian *******s'. All of those actions have taken place in or around Ibrox and certainly in the case of the last one it was a vast, vast majority joining in. I barely remember them causing a ripple in the media and there was certainly no apology demanded of or received from Rangers. Suddenly they are the 'victims' and we all have to listen to this mock outrage.

I expect the lickspittles that make up the bulk of the BBC Scottish football output will have been well warned not to rock the boat though.

Since452
30-01-2021, 10:31 AM
It will never happen but it would be interesting if someone on Sportsound had the balls to point out some of the hypocrisy around this. No doubt we will get a lengthy discussion about both this and the Morelos stamp. Michael Stewart might be the best hope if he's on.

In the last few years we have had a Hibs manager have a song aimed at him about his wife dying of cancer, a Hibs manager mocked for having had cancer and at least 4 managers repeatedly referred to as 'fenian *******s'. All of those actions have taken place in or around Ibrox and certainly in the case of the last one it was a vast, vast majority joining in. I barely remember them causing a ripple in the media and there was certainly no apology demanded of or received from Rangers. Suddenly they are the 'victims' and we all have to listen to this mock outrage.

I expect the lickspittles that make up the bulk of the BBC Scottish football output will have been well warned not to rock the boat though.

I'd just calmed down as well.

WhileTheChief..
30-01-2021, 10:33 AM
Do we ever make a noise about it?

Whats stopping Ron Gordon going on Sportsound and strongly condemning the actions of Rangers fans at ER or calling out Clancy’s performance?

Why aren’t we publicly putting pressure on the SPFL and refs about the issues we feel strongly about?

If the majority of our fan base can see it, the club must too. They’re the ones in a position to challenge things though, we can only bump our gums online.

So maybe it’s time for Hibs as a club to step up and be more vocal about the running of the game in general instead of the continued silence and take what we’re given approach we’ve seen for decades.

Wouldn’t do any harm to give it a try would it?

Since452
30-01-2021, 10:36 AM
I think if Hibs called the likes of that particular club out publicly the fans would get right behind them. It would create a bit of a seige mentality. Right now it feels a bit meh.

easty
30-01-2021, 10:49 AM
If Hibs made any kind of comment about rangers fans, at a time when supporters aren’t even at the games, I’d find that embarrassing.

By all means call it out when it happens, condemn it, but bringing it up now, just because an invited guest on Hibs tv said something they shouldn’t have, would be an absolute joke.

We slate the old firm for their whataboutery, but that’s exactly what we’d be doing.

silverhibee
30-01-2021, 10:50 AM

Not forgetting the The Rangers director on May 2016 saying he would rather have his supporters singing sectarian songs than invading the pitch and assaulting people, as his fans spilled on to the pitch to assault people, we should not have entertained these f***ers one single bit, we should have sent them a box of hankies and told them to get over it.

easty
30-01-2021, 11:06 AM
Hows they saying goesPeople living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210130/2b2dc1114e35ac92ebf1903f1db5e3d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

What does that even say???

Danderhall Hibs
30-01-2021, 11:13 AM

Correct. Until last night* they couldn’t even say Morelos stamped without trying to bring McGregor into it.

*Foster and Kettlewell explained it for the others last night.