PDA

View Full Version : Morelos assault on Porteous - Compliance Officer?

RIP
27-01-2021, 07:05 PM
Same as Rooney on Saturday - going for Ryan's dodgy knee?

JXM73
27-01-2021, 07:06 PM
Ross out....

neil7908
27-01-2021, 07:06 PM
Will never get looked at. Even if it does, won't help us. He'll end up scoring the winner tonight.

RIP
27-01-2021, 07:07 PM
Will never get looked at. Even if it does, won't help us. He'll end up scoring the winner tonight.

Might help Scottish Football though........?

The Spaceman
27-01-2021, 07:11 PM
Absolute disgrace. Horrible, horrible ****bag. That HAS to be a retrospective ban. A deliberate knee stamp. How has the ref missed it? We all know the answer...

we are hibs
27-01-2021, 07:12 PM
How many times does that cheat Clancy do us? The celtic game last season was an embarrassment under heckingbottom.

Pedantic_Hibee
27-01-2021, 07:13 PM
He belongs in a f****ng cage, he’s an animal. I honestly hope someone puts him out the game for a good couple of years. It’s the least he deserves. He knew fine well what he was doing there.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-01-2021, 07:15 PM
Imagine the endless coverage on repeat loop of that had been Porto on Morelos?

The Spaceman
27-01-2021, 07:17 PM
Imagine the endless coverage on repeat loop of that had been Porto on Morelos?

Walker would still be squealing.

Chorley Hibee
27-01-2021, 07:21 PM
Someone will be along soon to tell us the refs aren't corrupt.

GRA
27-01-2021, 07:24 PM
Has to be a ban for that. Knew fine well what he was doing. Surprise surprise another 'missed incident v the old firm like the pen we should have had at Ibrox last month 😒

kaimendhibs
27-01-2021, 07:25 PM
Disgusting rat

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Skol
27-01-2021, 07:26 PM

Very poor decision yes, but corrupt ? I dont think we have any evidence to support that.

Hiber-nation
27-01-2021, 07:33 PM
It's got nothing to do with deliberately going for his bad knee but it's incredible how even an inept clown like Clancy could miss it.

Surely a long ban coming, hopefully for Clancy as well...as if.

Crab apple
27-01-2021, 07:33 PM
Clear cut. Morelos has to receive a ban for that. Absolute animal who has lots of previous. Clancy is also an unbelievably poor ref. And not the first time we’ve been let down by his decisions.

hibbysam
27-01-2021, 07:35 PM
Does us absolutely no favours though. Would be ideal for a ref just to do his job on the pitch for once.

percy veer
Lets hear the rage from "boydy" now

hibsbollah
You don’t get away with that in any other European league.
A challenge that’s designed to end a young players career. Sounds melodramatic but that’s what it was. No surprise that Porteous was the target, because he’s getting a reputation himself as a hard man. 100% deliberate, probably from the coach.

Jones28
27-01-2021, 07:36 PM

They’re ****ing ****. Honestly feel like our refs only do it because they can get themselves to games.

They’re not corrupt.

Jim44
Very poor decision yes, but corrupt ? I dont think we have any evidence to support that.

A very poor decision when the obvious offence is made when the referee is looking directly at it is corrupt in my view. He just didn’t want to give a foul. I would love referees to take lie detector tests. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
It's of absolutely no use to us.

**** should be starting his ban right now.

JimBHibees
27-01-2021, 07:37 PM
How many times does that cheat Clancy do us? The celtic game last season was an embarrassment under heckingbottom.

***s us over every season. He would have managed to see it if the other way round.

Hibs Class
27-01-2021, 07:38 PM
Lets hear the rage from "boydy" now

Clear red according to Boyd

Tambo
27-01-2021, 07:38 PM
Red card all day for me if Scotland had var.

Chorley Hibee
27-01-2021, 07:41 PM

I've got 34 years of evidence.

Porteous does that and he's walking down the tunnel.

Argylehibby
27-01-2021, 07:41 PM
Surprised at the number of surprised the ref missed it comments. He didn't miss it but chose not to act on it.

truehibernian
27-01-2021, 07:42 PM
Walker would still be squealing.

Andy Walker thought it 'merited a yellow' :faf:

I'm sure Darren will make sure Morelos knows he's there :cb:agree:

Chorley Hibee
27-01-2021, 07:44 PM
Surprised at the number of surprised the ref missed it comments. He didn't miss it but chose not to act on it.

Exactly, he saw it perfectly well and decided not to act.

Corrupt.

Sir David Gray
27-01-2021, 07:45 PM
No way Clancy hasn't seen that by the way, he was looking straight at it.

Cheat.

Heisenberg
27-01-2021, 07:45 PM
Sure Gerrard will be quick to condemn his player for their actions after his completely over the top reaction when it involved Porteous previously.

Killiehibbie
27-01-2021, 07:46 PM

I think that's the diplomatic version of what we all know.
Commentator comes out and says the refs blind or cheating and he gets the boot.

weecounty hibby
27-01-2021, 07:46 PM
Refs don't see those things from the huns as they don't want to see them. Absolutely shocking and no doubt in my mind that it is cheating, plain and simple. Seen it for decades against the hun. And no matter how many folk tell me its not cheating or corruption I don't believe them. We only have to go back to the last game at Ibrox to se further evidence of the non penalty!

JimBHibees
27-01-2021, 07:47 PM

Yes corrupt

Jim44
27-01-2021, 07:48 PM
Crocker saying bluntly that the rat will face retrospective punishment.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-01-2021, 07:48 PM
Goal scoring thug who has referees running scared to apply the rules. Handy to have in your team.

Killiehibbie
27-01-2021, 07:50 PM
Crocker saying bluntly that the rat will face retrospective punishment.

Why doesn't the ref get punished for his inaction.

neil7908
27-01-2021, 07:54 PM

I should play the lottery tonight.

staunchhibby
27-01-2021, 08:41 PM
Its only a matter of time before Morelos gives a player a serious injury with his vicious stamping.

Keith_M
27-01-2021, 08:44 PM
Hibs have to raise a complaint about this.

I also want Ross to strongly complain about it in his press conference, as I'm totally sick of meekly accepting such incompetence/cheating.

Scotty Leither
27-01-2021, 08:52 PM
Hibs have to raise a complaint about this.

I also want Ross to strongly complain about it in his press conference, as I'm totally sick of meekly accepting such incompetence/cheating.

Yup...I'm not wanting to hear about what the compliance officer might/might not do retrospectively to Roland Rat. There was a compliance officer on the park tonight, he's called the referee.

He's looking straight at that, he's gave a foul and then absolutely shat himself to carry out the right censure.

We would have played 75 minutes against ten men, and typically he goes and scores the winner. I'm just sitting waiting on Ross to give his after match comments. He needs to go for it, both barrels.

hibee_girl
27-01-2021, 08:56 PM
McGregor saying the ref told him it wasn't a red card as he didn't think it was intentional :rolleyes:

hibee_girl
27-01-2021, 09:04 PM
Surprise surprise Gerrard saying he's not seen the incident

Crab apple
27-01-2021, 09:05 PM
Classy from Gerrard as ever.

EI255
27-01-2021, 09:06 PM
There aren't many people I could say I hate. But Morelos is one. Utter thug.
Just a horrible dirty little attention seaking thug.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
27-01-2021, 09:11 PM
Jack Ross said Clancy told him it was a tangle of legs.

Classic. :faf:

Bangkok Hibby
27-01-2021, 09:16 PM
There aren't many people I could say I hate. But Morelos is one. Utter thug.
Just a horrible dirty little attention seaking thug.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Speaking to my Rangers supporting son on messenger during the game. Told him its a toss up between Morelos and Naismith who I dislike most. On reflection Naismith wins hands down.

27-01-2021, 10:57 PM
I think you have to put some perspective into the discussion.
Had Mr Clancy shown a red card for the red card incident, Mr Gerrard would have complained that it was only shown because of a clear bias against Morelos and he would have been very angry at Mr Clancy, possibly even the SFA.
What could he do in such circumstances?

Now I’m hoping there is no retrospective red card as that would really just be a kick in the nuts given he was the one that scored and they had 11 players on the pitch.

Jack Ross knows he can’t really give an honest appraisal of the referees perfomance and he should acknowledge that in his interview.
He should say that If he gave a true and honest account he would be fined by the SFA so much better to say the opposite and declare the refs performance to be excellent.

Gerrard and Rangers' pundits make Morelos out to be a victim of unfair treatment to influence refs in future situations such as has happened with Clancy tonight. They know he's a dirty cheating bassa liable to get himself sent off so they've created a narrative about everyone else having it in for him when in reality he's brought it upon himself. Clancy bottled it because he knew he'd get it in the neck from Gerrard and co as well as the fans who've all bought into narrative.

Funnily enough, Kris Boyd thought it was a clear red and didn't even attempt to suggest otherwise. When Boyd's doing that you know it's a red all day long.

Real Emerald
27-01-2021, 11:20 PM
Surprise surprise Gerrard saying he's not seen the incident

If that had been a Hibs player stamping on a Rangers player it would have played and debated for weeks! The media are completely biased and it will be swept under the carpet. Even if there is something done about it Hibs don’t benefit.

Carheenlea
28-01-2021, 04:05 AM
Im kind of half hoping he doesn’t get retrospectively punished for this. Any further action is of no benefit to Hibs, and simply weakens Rangers a little for a couple of games against our rivals in the league.

Clancy refused to take action when he did which would have been a big factor in how the game would pan out last night. Anything pulled up by compliance officer now is a total waste of time and of no consequence to Hibs. Unless any match ban was to be against us.

Bangkok Hibby
28-01-2021, 05:05 AM
Im kind of half hoping he doesn’t get retrospectively punished for this. Any further action is of no benefit to Hibs, and simply weakens Rangers a little for a couple of games against our rivals in the league.

Clancy refused to take action when he did which would have been a big factor in how the game would pan out last night. Anything pulled up by compliance officer now is a total waste of time and of no consequence to Hibs. Unless any match ban was to be against us.

Thats a perfectly valid viewpoint IMO

The Captain....
28-01-2021, 05:49 AM
Has Clancy apologised to Hibs yet?

The club should be seeking assurances that he is not involved in refereeing our games in future.

The.man.is corrupt.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

neil7908
28-01-2021, 05:54 AM
Has Clancy apologised to Hibs yet?

The club should be seeking assurances that he is not involved in refereeing our games in future.

The.man.is corrupt.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

I think we all know this will quietly go away and we won't say or do anything.

Gatecrasher
28-01-2021, 06:00 AM
I couldn't care less if it goes to the compliance officer, as far as Hibs are concerned the damage is already done.

Chorley Hibee
28-01-2021, 06:53 AM
So after Clancy's explanation to both McGregor and Ross, are we still arguing between incompetence or corruption?

Corrupt as they come.

norhfc
28-01-2021, 06:59 AM
Current buns on twitter saying Clancy is a Celtic fan so how can he be corrupt not giving the red. That right there is all thats wrong with Scottish football. Its never gonna change until we get a governing body that will stand up to the OF and take sporting integrity seriously.

Bristolhibby
28-01-2021, 07:08 AM

That’s a good point and should be looked at (it won’t).

New Law - if a player receives a red card retrospectively, one of the banned games must be against the team they were playing when the retrospective Red was awarded.

Even if that game is 3 months later.

Seems fair to me.

J

Sir David Gray
28-01-2021, 07:17 AM

New Law - if a player receives a red card retrospectively, one of the banned games must be against the team they were playing when the retrospective Red was awarded.

Seems fair to me.

J

What happens if that player never plays against that team again?

Rumble de Thump
28-01-2021, 07:18 AM
Any retrospective puishment should also benefit the team that suffered from the incorrect decision by the ref. If Sevco had to play a man down for however many minutes in the next game, with Hibs getting to choose which player has to come off the pitch, that would be fairer.

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2021, 07:20 AM

Not for me, another 3 match ban will hopefully reduce the amount of clubs that will want him, and also reduce the fee those mutants get.

The Count
28-01-2021, 07:22 AM
He will get cited a 2/3 game ban.However with his record it should be a lot lot more.What did Alex Edwards do to deserve a 10 game ban ??? Memory deserts me but i bet his record was not as bad as Alfredo as Gerard lovingly callls him.

JimBHibees
28-01-2021, 07:24 AM
I couldn't care less if it goes to the compliance officer, as far as Hibs are concerned the damage is already done.

Yep we gain no benefit as usual. So many derbies this has happened amongst other games

JimBHibees
28-01-2021, 07:26 AM
Classy from Gerrard as ever.

As big a thug as Morelos

Rumble de Thump
28-01-2021, 07:35 AM
I remember at the start of the match Crocker saying somethig like Sevco have had the least amount of yellow and red cards this season and saying it shows how much their discipline had improved. It struck me as a strange comment because the reality is their discipline hasnt improved. The referees have just gone back to 'missing' their fouls. It's the return of the status quo the media and authorities have dreamed of since Rangers were liquidated.

Aldo
28-01-2021, 07:36 AM
Do we really think the CO will review this and do anything?? I’m not holding my breath!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scoopyboy
28-01-2021, 07:42 AM
Do we really think the CO will review this and do anything?? I’m not holding my breath!

I think it will happen but not convinced it is a good thing from Hibs point of view.

It won't change our result against them and it would probably mean he would miss Livi game, I would rather he played in that and scored a hat trick. Then gets sent off again in the closing minutes for stamping :greengrin

EdinMike
28-01-2021, 07:43 AM
With McGregor coming out and saying Clancy saw it as a “tangling of legs” does that mean he is corrupt or just a **** ref ?! Surely if it’s the latter he should be bumped down a division or two...

scoopyboy
28-01-2021, 07:45 AM
He will get cited a 2/3 game ban.However with his record it should be a lot lot more.What did Alex Edwards do to deserve a 10 game ban ??? Memory deserts me but i bet his record was not as bad as Alfredo as Gerard lovingly callls him.

Pedantic, but it was a time ban as opposed to games in those days but I think it was something like three months.

It was a pity we didn't have a lot of games called off due to bad weather but it was a mild winter. I think the weather aspect had something to do with it changing from weeks to games.

Aldo
28-01-2021, 07:46 AM
I think it will happen but not convinced it is a good thing from Hibs point of view.

It won't change our result against them and it would probably mean he would miss Livi game, I would rather he played in that and scored a hat trick. Then gets sent off again in the closing minutes for stamping :greengrin

Probably not however there is a principal in all this and regardless of who you are you should be dealt with.

Yeah it may be cutting our nose off to spite our face but he shouldn’t get away with it.

scoopyboy
28-01-2021, 07:51 AM
Probably not however there is a principal in all this and regardless of who you are you should be dealt with.

Yeah it may be cutting our nose off to spite our face but he shouldn’t get away with it.

You are of course correct Aldo, he should be punished but I just want everything to benefit Hibs.

Aldo
28-01-2021, 07:53 AM
You are of course correct Aldo, he should be punished but I just want everything to benefit Hibs.

So do I Scoopy. Just fed up (as always) that mob always getting away with it.

Mind you nothing has changed in my 45+ years watching Hibs against them!

Hibbyradge
28-01-2021, 08:47 AM
The first time I saw the incident, I didn't think much of it, tbh.

The commentator and pundit were of a similar view.

Even from the angle the ref had, it doesn't look anywhere as bad as it actually was.

Introduce Sky to the equation and things start to change. At first, the angle from behind had Walker saying that it should have been a yellow, but when they showed the angle from the side, we can clearly see it was a deliberate act of violence.

I'm not a cheat, and while I'd happily take money for making bad refereeing decisions, I'm not likely to get the chance, but that's how I saw the incident unfold.

Now that we know what really happened, it's over to the compliance officer who has the ability to issue a retrospective penalty, because the "corrupt, cheating ref" didn't see enough to even help The Rangers by cautioning Morelis at the time.

We'll see what happens.

GRA
28-01-2021, 08:52 AM
Thuggish wee rat. Always got that nasty streak to him but seems this season he's been getting away with it during games and punished after. Look at what happened v Dundee Utd earlier in the season. Seem as if the refs know his history and don't have the courage to dish out punishment during games for fear of 'tarnishing' him.

Also I'm not accepting the view Clancy didn't see it he was looking right at them both when the foul was made :grr:

hibee-boys
28-01-2021, 08:54 AM

Even from the angle the ref had, it doesn't look anywhere as bad as it actually was.

Introduce Sky to the equation and things start to change. At first, the angle from behind had Walker saying that it should have been a yellow, but when they showed the angle from the side, we can clearly see it was a deliberate act of violence.

I'm not a cheat, and while I'd happily take money for making bad refereeing decisions, I'm not likely to get the chance, but that's how I saw the incident unfold.

Now that we know what really happened, it's over to the compliance officer who has the ability to issue a retrospective penalty, because the "corrupt, cheating ref" didn't see enough to even help The Rangers by cautioning Morelis at the time.

We'll see what happens.

In all honesty, based on the live camera angle on the TV, I thought there was nothing in it. However, Clancy was standing 5 yards away with a direct view, he had to have seen there was clear intention to land his studs on Ryan’s leg.

basehibby
28-01-2021, 12:04 PM
Ross out....

Admins - please can you warn this troll and ban him/her if they don't take a telling?

There are loads of threads discussing Ross and his future - no need for this idiocy.

PatHead
28-01-2021, 12:19 PM
In all honesty, based on the live camera angle on the TV, I thought there was nothing in it. However, Clancy was standing 5 yards away with a direct view, he had to have seen there was clear intention to land his studs on Ryan’s leg.

He clearly saw Daz stand on their guy by the touchline and book him. Can't understand how he didn't even book Morelos. It has always been the inconsistency that has done it too me.

Lago
28-01-2021, 12:21 PM
It's got nothing to do with deliberately going for his bad knee but it's incredible how even an inept clown like Clancy could miss it.

Surely a long ban coming, hopefully for Clancy as well...as if.
It won't make the slightest difference, he committed a red card offence, but stayed on to score the winner. Rangers will take the possible ban which may be on the way as they have many capable forwards to take his place in the short term. So Rangers get 3 points, Hibs get zip, rangers continue to dominate Scottish football by dint of their superior financial income. That's Scottish football for you it's all about rangers & Celtic the rest of the clubs are there to make up the numbers, that's how it's always been and always will be. Get use to it.

basehibby
28-01-2021, 01:45 PM
The ****ing ref should be given a retrospective ban more than Morellos - cheating or incompetence the outcome is the same - SHAMEFUL!

Moulin Yarns
28-01-2021, 02:42 PM
Yup...I'm not wanting to hear about what the compliance officer might/might not do retrospectively to Roland Rat. There was a compliance officer on the park tonight, he's called the referee.

He's looking straight at that, he's gave a foul and then absolutely shat himself to carry out the right censure.

We would have played 75 minutes against ten men, and typically he goes and scores the winner. I'm just sitting waiting on Ross to give his after match comments. He needs to go for it, both barrels.

Purely playing devil's advocate here. The referee blows for the Foul, the push, and the downward motion of the foot is not obvious from the angle that the ref has.

It is only obvious to us viewers from numerous angles what happened.

Retrospective red card, but a really big calling on first sight from Clancy

Moulin Yarns
28-01-2021, 02:49 PM

Seems fair to me.

J

👍

jacomo
28-01-2021, 02:58 PM
Speaking to my Rangers supporting son on messenger during the game. Told him its a toss up between Morelos and Naismith who I dislike most. On reflection Naismith wins hands down.

I’d be hating whoever was responsible for turning your son into a Hun.

Awful.

Alfred E Newman
28-01-2021, 03:32 PM
Alex Edwards was kicked all over the park with the culprits going unpunished and the refs watching for the inevitable retaliation that they knew would come.
I think the 10 game ban was for a accumulation of bookings.

brog
28-01-2021, 03:48 PM

We'll see what happens.

The problem is that so many of our refs have absolutely no feel for the game. Clancy, Muir, Dallas etc etc. When I was reffing, I often placed a lot of emphasis on body language. Morelos nearly always gives himself away. Watch him after his stamp, a quick look to see if he's got away with it. An innocent player would not have needed to do that & it should have alerted Clancy but he was oblivious. Mind you when Hibs get a free kick & Ref plus Assistant are lined up to watch a dead ball situation & they both miss Leigh's "goal" being a yard ove the line then there's really no hope for our refs.

ancient hibee
28-01-2021, 05:34 PM
Alex Edwards was kicked all over the park with the culprits going unpunished and the refs watching for the inevitable retaliation that they knew would come.
I think the 10 game ban was for a accumulation of bookings.

Four bookings including one for throwing the ball away.Previous seasons taken into account.

ancient hibee
28-01-2021, 05:36 PM
The problem is that so many of our refs have absolutely no feel for the game. Clancy, Muir, Dallas etc etc. When I was reffing, I often placed a lot of emphasis on body language. Morelos nearly always gives himself away. Watch him after his stamp, a quick look to see if he's got away with it. An innocent player would not have needed to do that & it should have alerted Clancy but he was oblivious. Mind you when Hibs get a free kick & Ref plus Assistant are lined up to watch a dead ball situation & they both miss Leigh's "goal" being a yard ove the line then there's really no hope for our refs.

And the head of referees said they had taken up the approved perfect positions to see the free kick.

Bangkok Hibby
29-01-2021, 04:54 PM
I’d be hating whoever was responsible for turning your son into a Hun.

Awful.

Long story, out of my hands unfortunately. Still love the prick 😀