PDA

View Full Version : Next 5 league games

houstonhibbee
26-01-2021, 08:30 PM
Coming thick and fast and no easy games anymore........

Rangers H
Dundee Utd A
St Mirren A
Aberdeen H
Ross Co A

I think LDLWW - 7 Points

Magpie
26-01-2021, 08:34 PM
4 or 5 points

Lancs Harp
26-01-2021, 08:35 PM
15 points no sweat.

Brightside
26-01-2021, 09:00 PM
10 pts

calumhibee1
26-01-2021, 09:09 PM
6 points I reckon.

JimBHibees
26-01-2021, 09:12 PM
13 :greengrin

dchibs
26-01-2021, 09:14 PM
Dwwdd 9 points

Sir David Gray
26-01-2021, 09:15 PM
7 points.

I think we'll lose to Rangers and Aberdeen and get 2 wins and a draw from the other 3 matches.

Hibee Mac
26-01-2021, 09:17 PM
I remember doing this for our fixtures over the Xmas period, we had what looked like a cracking run of games to put some real pressure on Celtic in 2nd.

We all know what happened then.... Let's hope the opposite happens with this run in

Biggie
26-01-2021, 09:27 PM
15 points no sweat.

Thanks jack, can you give us some insight into your likely team :greengrin

hibbysam
26-01-2021, 09:28 PM
Somewhere between 7 and 10 points.

bingo70
26-01-2021, 09:30 PM
Rangers H - 0 points
Dundee Utd A - 1 point
St Mirren A - 3 points
Aberdeen H - 3 points (surely to god we beat them at some point)
Ross Co A - 0 points

7 points in total I think from those games.

Matches after the split worry me a bit more to be honest.

Stuart93
26-01-2021, 09:32 PM
Rangers H - 0 points
Dundee Utd A - 1 point
St Mirren A - 3 points
Aberdeen H - 3 points (surely to god we beat them at some point)
Ross Co A - 0 points

7 points in total I think from those games.

Matches after the split worry me a bit more to be honest.

Aye I’d really like the 3 points against the dons. I’m no sure we have it in us.

Allez Hibs
26-01-2021, 11:06 PM
5 points.

Steve20
27-01-2021, 03:18 AM
5 points

CloudSquall
27-01-2021, 03:58 AM
3 points.

Unseen work
27-01-2021, 07:13 AM
Rangers - Win
Dundee Utd - Win
St Mirren - Win
Aberdeen - Draw
Ross Co - Win

13 points.

Players and manager will unite from the disappointment of the semi final and criticism they’re getting and bounce back massively, taking us to 3rd in the league.

Allan, Magennis, Irvine and Cadden getting more minutes and match fit will prove to be vital.

Doidge will start partnering Nisbet again up top and scoring goals. Teams can’t handle both them playing together and imo it’s when we’re at our best.

Optimistic? Maybe :greengrin

calumhibee1
27-01-2021, 07:18 AM
Rangers - Win
Dundee Utd - Win
St Mirren - Win
Aberdeen - Draw
Ross Co - Win

13 points.

Players and manager will unite from the disappointment of the semi final and criticism they’re getting and bounce back massively, taking us to 3rd in the league.

Allan, Magennis, Irvine and Cadden getting more minutes and match fit will prove to be vital.

Doidge will start partnering Nisbet again up top and scoring goals. Teams can’t handle both them playing together and imo it’s when we’re at our best.

Optimistic? Maybe :greengrin

In that case you can thank all us who have criticised them and not ‘accepted mediocrity’ :greengrin

danhibees1875
27-01-2021, 07:37 AM
8 points looks to be about right - less is bad, more is good.

Booked4Being-Ugly
27-01-2021, 07:44 AM
Going by recent form between 3-5 points.

CMac1988
27-01-2021, 08:23 AM

Rangers H
Dundee Utd A
St Mirren A
Aberdeen H
Ross Co A

I think LDLWW - 7 Points

Depends on how we bounce back from recent games, but based on current form, where we've conceded shed loads and scored nout:

Lose
Draw
Win
Lose
Draw

So 5 points for me. Hope we turn a corner and get back to winning ways.

Tommy75
27-01-2021, 09:01 AM
Knowing us we'll beat Rangers and Aberdeen then lose the rest!

bigwheel
27-01-2021, 09:15 AM
Perhaps a defining period for our season these games...struggle and the lack of support for Ross will reach perhaps irreversible levels..a good run and we secure a good season ...

Will be interesting to see how the team performs

Jones28
27-01-2021, 09:18 AM

Rangers H L
Dundee Utd A W
St Mirren A W
Aberdeen H D
Ross Co A W

I think LDLWW - 7 Points

10 points. Rangers will be a step too far, but we can get results against all 4 other sides.

H18S NX
27-01-2021, 11:54 AM
2 pts

Keith_M
27-01-2021, 11:57 AM
2 pts

This

makaveli1875
27-01-2021, 12:11 PM
Going on recent form

Rangers H - we will take a hammering
Dundee Utd A - Draw
St Mirren A - Likely lose
Aberdeen H - Cant see any way we beat Aberdeen at home . Draw or Lose
Ross Co A - Yogi Guardiola has County playing like Barca , has already put 1 over Ross and given the sheep a humping . Another loss

2 or 3 points and Ross under massive pressure by the end of this run i think

where'stheslope
28-01-2021, 10:11 AM
At the moment we are sitting in 4th place, but Livingston are fast catching us with a game in hand!
The more points we take now the better, we seem to be treading water a bit at the moment, so we need to get back in the groove quick!!!

flash
28-01-2021, 10:16 AM
Going on recent form

Dundee Utd A - Draw
Ross Co A - Yogi Guardiola has County playing like Barca , has already put 1 over Ross and given the sheep a humping . Another loss

0 out of 1 so far in your predictions.

Allez Hibs
28-01-2021, 10:53 AM
Worried about Livingston catching us in 4th place now? Really? The mindset should be we will smash teams in the next few games to blow Livingston out of sight.

Peevemor
28-01-2021, 10:55 AM
Worried about Livingston catching us in 4th place now? Really? The mindset should be we will smash teams in the next few games to blow Livingston out of sight.

Who is? People on here?

bingo70
28-01-2021, 11:30 AM

I think everybody will be a bit worried about that.

Hopefully it helps focus the minds a bit.

MWHIBBIES
28-01-2021, 11:32 AM
I think we'll win at least 2, maybe 3 of these games coming up now. None of those 4 teams are to be feared. United especially are dreadful.

Allez Hibs
28-01-2021, 12:02 PM
I think everybody will be a bit worried about that.

Hopefully it helps focus the minds a bit.

Sad state of affairs when we are worried about Livingston.

hibbysam
28-01-2021, 12:45 PM
At the moment we are sitting in 4th place, but Livingston are fast catching us with a game in hand!
The more points we take now the better, we seem to be treading water a bit at the moment, so we need to get back in the groove quick!!!

Whilst I agree, we’ve now played all our old firm games pre split and have 1 game vs Aberdeen to go. All our games are ones we can realistically target for points and have been very good this season in doing so (OF games are more hope than expectation).

Livi have to play Aberdeen twice and Rangers once before the split, while Aberdeen have Celtic twice and Hibs before the split.

I’d rather be in our shoes than theirs, with points on the board (compared to livi) and no games against the old firm (compared to Aberdeen) but that can change quickly.

hibbysam
28-01-2021, 12:47 PM
Sad state of affairs when we are worried about Livingston.

You say that, but they’ve won 7 of their last 9 with 2 draws. Doesn’t matter what team that is, that’s an outstanding run and always going to put them into contention. They’re still 5 behind after that though and have Aberdeen twice now in a row, something must give there.

Phil MaGlass
28-01-2021, 01:17 PM
2pts

wookie70
28-01-2021, 01:30 PM

It's the mindset of the players that matter not the supporters. Do you think they are thinking we will smash teams and get above Aberdeen or do you think they are worried about our poor run of form.

I'll guess 4 points and I think the Livi bubble will deflate rather than burst and we will be neck and neck with them with Aberdeen slightly further ahead of us

Stuart93
28-01-2021, 01:36 PM
I think we'll win at least 2, maybe 3 of these games coming up now. None of those 4 teams are to be feared. United especially are dreadful.

I didn’t think we had to fear Ross county, Livingston or St Johnstone...its about digging in and working hard for the result as oppose to being worried about the opposition

B.H.F.C
28-01-2021, 01:50 PM
It's the mindset of the players that matter not the supporters. Do you think they are thinking we will smash teams and get above Aberdeen or do you think they are worried about our poor run of form.

I'll guess 4 points and I think the Livi bubble will deflate rather than burst and we will be neck and neck with them with Aberdeen slightly further ahead of us

Players seem to be lacking confidence at the moment. I think it’s pretty possible that some of them may not be overly optimistic at the moment.

Greenbeard
28-01-2021, 04:49 PM
Whilst I agree, we’ve now played all our old firm games pre split and have 1 game vs Aberdeen to go. All our games are ones we can realistically target for points and have been very good this season in doing so (OF games are more hope than expectation).

Livi have to play Aberdeen twice and Rangers once before the split, while Aberdeen have Celtic twice and Hibs before the split.

I’d rather be in our shoes than theirs, with points on the board (compared to livi) and no games against the old firm (compared to Aberdeen) but that can change quickly.
A couple of draws Livvi Sheep on Sat and Sheep Livvie on Tuesday and at least 4 points for us (preferably 6!) from the games v the Arabs and Buddies would be ideal.

PatHead
28-01-2021, 06:15 PM
Players seem to be lacking confidence at the moment. I think it’s pretty possible that some of them may not be overly optimistic at the moment.

Alternatively we win on Saturday,get confidence and go on a run.

Magpie
30-01-2021, 04:00 PM
I think today was going to be the easiest of the 5 and expected to win this one. St Mirren will be tough on Tuesday, then it’s a face off with our main rivals for 3rd. Big week ahead.

mutley
06-02-2021, 04:11 PM
That’s 9 so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Magpie
06-02-2021, 04:13 PM
4 or 5 points

😂

MWHIBBIES
06-02-2021, 04:14 PM
Going on recent form

Dundee Utd A - Draw

Yikes.

GreenCastle
06-02-2021, 04:42 PM
Hibs now have 5 fixtures till the split.

All winnable against non old firm teams.

Aberdeen have to play Celtic twice in next 7
6 fixtures. Livi manager also on radio earlier saying lots of games and injuries / covid catching up with squad.

Livi have Rangers in next 7.

Hibs play Livi before split - win that and could be easily Hibs or Aberdeen for 3rd.

Sir David Gray
06-02-2021, 04:49 PM
Hibs now have 6 fixtures till the split.

All winnable against non old firm teams.

Aberdeen have to play Celtic twice in next 7
6 fixtures.

Livi have Rangers in next 7.

Hibs play Livi before split - win that and could be easily Hibs or Aberdeen for 3rd.

We only have 5 games before the split now.

Ross County (a)
Hamilton (h)
Motherwell (h)
St Johnstone (a)
Livingston (a)

Wilson
06-02-2021, 04:51 PM

Ross County (a)
Hamilton (h)
Motherwell (h)
St Johnstone (a)
Livingston (a)

11 points.

Jim44
06-02-2021, 04:56 PM

Ross County (a)
Hamilton (h)
Motherwell (h)
St Johnstone (a)
Livingston (a)

Before I fall off cloud nine, I’m going for 15 points. If I land on my erchie after the RC game, I’ll reconsider. :greengrin

GreenCastle
06-02-2021, 04:57 PM

Ross County (a)
Hamilton (h)
Motherwell (h)
St Johnstone (a)
Livingston (a)

You are right ! Can’t count !

Pedantic_Hibee
06-02-2021, 04:59 PM

Ross County (a)
Hamilton (h)
Motherwell (h)
St Johnstone (a)
Livingston (a)

In true Longbangers style, 15.

GreenCastle
06-02-2021, 05:00 PM
We still have to play Aberdeen away and Livi home and away assuming they make split.

Is It On....
06-02-2021, 05:01 PM
Great article on the BBC about the European dimension and the race for 3rd.

"The Scottish Cup winners will now enter the Europa League in the final play-off round and if they fail to get through they will automatically drop into the Conference group stage, which will give them European football until Christmas.

It won't be rock 'n' roll opposition, but it will be lucrative enough. Aberdeen's own estimation is that the slot could be worth around £4m to whoever gets it."

It goes without saying that £4m could be a game changer for Hibs, helping to offset losses from this season whilst also giving us more money to improve the team.

Coach Jon
06-02-2021, 05:02 PM

Ross County (a)
Hamilton (h)
Motherwell (h)
St Johnstone (a)
Livingston (a)

Old Football Cliche I know, but just take it one game at a time. Dont look any further ahead than Dingwall.

Jim44
06-02-2021, 05:20 PM
When you look at the quality on our bench today, you’ve got to be a wee bit hopeful/confident.