Are you watching Ron Gordon [emoji23]

Bit harsh I reckon

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
25-01-2021, 10:38 AM
Ross out - Lampard in

BILLYHIBS
25-01-2021, 10:39 AM
Thought he was doing ok struggled a bit with consistency but apart from that......?

Must have someone lined up.....

CMac1988
25-01-2021, 10:40 AM
Daft decision. Fair enough he spent a fair chunk and a couple of his big signing's haven't quite worked out yet, he's only 5 points off 4th in one of the closest run leagues in a while.

Given the current climate giving him the rest of the season at least would be fair. Possibly more to it?

J-C
25-01-2021, 10:40 AM
The owner has put millions in and demands success, Lampard was a risk as he'd done nothing as yet, likes to play attacking football but the defence and goalie are a shambles.

Since452
25-01-2021, 10:49 AM
Lampard out, Klopp out, Ross out, McInnes out... Who'd be a manager

Lago
25-01-2021, 10:50 AM
Chelsea certainly don't mess around that's for sure.

Keith_M
25-01-2021, 10:51 AM
Could he do a job for us?

Logie Green
25-01-2021, 10:56 AM
Could he do a job for us?

OK, I’lll bite. He wouldn’t look out of place in our midfield and he does chip in with a few goals. 😜

Highwayman
25-01-2021, 10:59 AM
Chelsea certainly don't mess around that's for sure.

Allways seemed to be a cheap option while Chelsea were waiting to be allowed to sign players again.No doubt as always in football,while Lamps is going out the back door,someone new will be coming in the front.

GloryGlory
25-01-2021, 11:00 AM
Thought he was doing ok struggled a bit with consistency but apart from that......?

Thomas Tuchel, ex Dortmund and PSG.

Callum_62
25-01-2021, 11:00 AM
Could he do a job for us?Jody Morris could....

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

DH1875
25-01-2021, 11:01 AM
Surprised at that.

ScottB
25-01-2021, 11:04 AM
Caretaker for the transfer ban, basically. Spending as much as they did in the summer, seems the aim was to challenge, they haven’t, and so in comes the usual big name in Tuchel.

Hibernia&Alba
25-01-2021, 11:12 AM
Big Tory Frank sacked by Tory FC. They do love a sacking.

Scorrie
25-01-2021, 11:29 AM
I think Chelsea will go for Nagelsmann at Leipzig

Scorrie
25-01-2021, 11:33 AM

Good job Julian Dicks isn’t a manager...

Hibernia&Alba
25-01-2021, 11:44 AM
Good job Julian Dicks isn’t a manager...

:top marks:top marks

greenpaper55
25-01-2021, 11:44 AM
The owner has spent £110 million in manager pay offs ! that is mental.

The Modfather
25-01-2021, 11:49 AM
The owner has spent £110 million in manager pay offs ! that is mental.

Not a bad gig to get. Generally always inherit a squad capable of winning something with a guaranteed lucrative pay off at the end. While you’re reputation probably isn’t damaged as everyone knows Chelsea are trigger happy.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-01-2021, 11:51 AM
Wonder of they will make an offer for Rodgers??

MWHIBBIES
25-01-2021, 11:55 AM
A strange one I think. He is obviously a talented manager but probably needed some hair on his arse before taking that job. He was never going to last long but he probably done well overall. If even 2 (probably James and Mount) of the young lads he played come on well, Chelsea will benefit massively from it long term.

04Sauzee
BREAKING: Frank Lampard instantly installed as a front-runner for Celtic job after Chelsea sacking

https://t.co/gWLCG6p6Cr https://t.co/H2JYlyIbj4

😁😁😁😁

BoomtownHibees
Tuchel to be announced this afternoon

ScottB
25-01-2021, 11:57 AM
BREAKING: Frank Lampard instantly installed as a front-runner for Celtic job after Chelsea sacking

😁😁😁😁

They just make this crap up to keep the fans deluded about the clubs status in world football. Just like how Benitez was a dead cert to takeover a couple days ago.

Stuart93
25-01-2021, 12:00 PM
Too big a job too soon I think.

Seemed a bit strange he got such a big gig so quickly. Should’ve stayed at derby a bit longer imo

hibsbollah
25-01-2021, 12:03 PM

😁😁😁😁

Lampard vs Gerrard would be box office :greengrin

Pretty Boy
25-01-2021, 12:13 PM
No surprise.

Done well last year deing with the transfer embargo and so on but was well backed in the summer and miles off the pace in a league that is wide open this year.

DH1875
25-01-2021, 12:40 PM
Lampard vs Gerrard would be box office :greengrin

Gerrard will be off in the summer.

jacomo
25-01-2021, 01:01 PM

He did really well last season, decent results and gave their younger players lots of experience. Then Chelsea bought £200m of talent in the summer and I’m not sure anyone knows what their best team looks like now.

Lancs Harp
25-01-2021, 01:09 PM
Abramovich is ruthless, time is a precious commodity at Chelsea. Highly rewarding financially but if you don't deliver you're out. Apparently Lampard has the lowest points per game ratio of any Chelsea Manager in the Abramovich era. Its a tough gig. Tuchel will be in and out within 2 years.

BILLYHIBS
25-01-2021, 01:11 PM
He did really well last season, decent results and gave their younger players lots of experience. Then Chelsea bought £200m of talent in the summer and I’m not sure anyone knows what their best team looks like now.
:agree:

Not helped by Timo Werner not hitting the ground running and injuries to other players

Lancs Harp
25-01-2021, 01:15 PM
Chelsea have won the EPL 5 times under Abramovich and he's sacked every manager that has won it. Tough job.

H18S NX
25-01-2021, 01:16 PM
Good job Julian Dicks isn’t a manager......Brilliant:faf::faf::faf:.

weecounty hibby
25-01-2021, 02:04 PM

Everyone! Only job in the world where you can be absolutely pish at and you get a whacking great payoff when you get sacked.

25-01-2021, 04:21 PM
Hahah frank giruy you absolute weapon

Billy Whizz
25-01-2021, 04:29 PM
He could do “this morning” with his wife!

Sammy7nil
25-01-2021, 06:35 PM
Gerrard will be off in the summer.

Unless he fancies a pop at getting to Champs League group stages a tough ask but not impossible.

easty
25-01-2021, 06:53 PM
You cannae spend the money he has and still be below Aston Villa and West Ham, and joint with Southampton despite playing a game more than them. We’re half way through the season, he’s doing ***** with what he has.

They’re quite right to sack him.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2021, 06:57 PM
You cannae spend the money he has and still be below Aston Villa and West Ham, and joint with Southampton despite playing a game more than them. We’re half way through the season, he’s doing ***** with what he has.

They’re quite right to sack him.

I always find it funny how football fans are far more forgiving and defensive about managers of other teams than they are about their own.

If Hibs were in a comparable position to Chelsea with Killie, Ross County and Livi above us in the league there would be about 200 threads on here demanding human sacrifices as appeasement.

Is It On....
25-01-2021, 08:18 PM
Ross out - Lampard in

Joking aside, he apparently has allegiances to a team from the west side of Glasgow.

easty
25-01-2021, 08:44 PM
I always find it funny how football fans are far more forgiving and defensive about managers of other teams than they are about their own.

If Hibs were in a comparable position to Chelsea with Killie, Ross County and Livi above us in the league there would be about 200 threads on here demanding human sacrifices as appeasement.

There are fans doing that now, when we’re above all the teams we have a higher budget than, and below the ones whose budget is bigger than ours!

brianmc
25-01-2021, 09:20 PM
Imagine the threads after a hibs manager spent £200 million on summer signings - that made the team worse!
Lampard's managerial career might never recover. He'll end up as a pundit next to Gary Neville - another successful player but a total failure as a manager.

hibbysam
25-01-2021, 09:41 PM
Imagine the threads after a hibs manager spent £200 million on summer signings - that made the team worse!
Lampard's managerial career might never recover. He'll end up as a pundit next to Gary Neville - another successful player but a total failure as a manager.

He’s been a manager for what, 2 and a half years? Hardly a total failure. Lost in a playoff final to Villa, got Chelsea to a top 4 finish when they had a transfer embargo and played half their youth team, and then spent big in the summer but that was never going to bring instant success. Had them playing extremely good football and was brought in as an apprentice, Chelsea knew that, it was always going to take time. While struggling in the league he has them in the latter stages of the champions league and through in the FA cup.

heretoday
26-01-2021, 04:36 AM
I imagine that Frank will resume his learning curve at some sleeping giant in the championship. Plenty to choose from. I can't see him at Celtic!

Carheenlea
26-01-2021, 08:25 AM
I imagine that Frank will resume his learning curve at some sleeping giant in the championship. Plenty to choose from. I can't see him at Celtic!

Despite a budget considerably less than Chelsea, I’d say the Celtic job is a bigger job than Chelsea. A season going toe to toe with Gerard would be the main topic of discussion in the media every day in Scotland, and attract a lot of interest from England, and with the high expectations from the fans and an expectancy of silverware every season then it’s a high pressure, high stakes job.

If he goes to Celtic he’s moving to a bigger club. Can’t see it but it would be good for the Scottish game having two very high profile Old Firm managers who have no previous connections to the clubs, which is no bad thing for the bigger picture.

bigwheel
26-01-2021, 08:39 AM
Despite a budget considerably less than Chelsea, I’d say the Celtic job is a bigger job than Chelsea. A season going toe to toe with Gerard would be the main topic of discussion in the media every day in Scotland, and attract a lot of interest from England, and with the high expectations from the fans and an expectancy of silverware every season then it’s a high pressure, high stakes job.

If he goes to Celtic he’s moving to a bigger club. Can’t see it but it would be good for the Scottish game having two very high profile Old Firm managers who have no previous connections to the clubs, which is no bad thing for the bigger picture.

I can't see him having any real pedigree for the Celtic job, but Interested why you would see Celtic as a bigger club. A small example; Celtic 710k twitter followers, Chelsea 15.9M followers

It's the EPL that does it. at a global level Chelsea are on a completely different scale...

Just_Jimmy
26-01-2021, 08:46 AM
I think Chelsea will go for Nagelsmann at Leipzigthey're appointing tuchel.

nagelsmann will be Dortmund manager next season.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

AugustaHibs
26-01-2021, 08:50 AM

Not a chance is the Celtic job bigger than the chelsea job.

MWHIBBIES
26-01-2021, 09:13 AM

Not a chance. Chelsea a far bigger club. You ask any manager what job they would prefer, they would all say Chelsea.

Jones28
26-01-2021, 09:59 AM

No danger

hibbysam
26-01-2021, 01:35 PM
Not a chance. Chelsea a far bigger club. You ask any manager what job they would prefer, they would all say Chelsea.

Celtic is a bigger club than Chelsea. Whether it’s a bigger job is completely different, but don’t let the Russian billions or the Sky money trick you into thinking clubs down south are bigger. Outwith United and Liverpool, Celtic and Rangers are bigger than anything else down there.

bigwheel
26-01-2021, 01:43 PM
Celtic is a bigger club than Chelsea. Whether it’s a bigger job is completely different, but don’t let the Russian billions or the Sky money trick you into thinking clubs down south are bigger. Outwith United and Liverpool, Celtic and Rangers are bigger than anything else down there.

Honestly that is no right ...there are many clubs bigger than both . And Rangers , despite their huge following here, don’t have a global following even anywhere near Celtic.

They are a niche big club but much smaller than many English clubs ..

Arsenal, Spurs , city , Chelsea , Newcastle and Villa in addition to those you’ve mentioned all on a different level to Celtic and certainly Rangers .. I’d even suggest clubs like Leicester are now bigger ...

hibbysam
26-01-2021, 02:28 PM
Honestly that is no right ...there are many clubs bigger than both . And Rangers , despite their huge following here, don’t have a global following even anywhere near Celtic.

They are a niche big club but much smaller than many English clubs ..

Arsenal, Spurs , city , Chelsea , Newcastle and Villa in addition to those you’ve mentioned all on a different level to Celtic and certainly Rangers .. I’d even suggest clubs like Leicester are now bigger ...

In monetary terms due to inflated Sky money. You stick Rangers and Celtic in their shoes down south and there’s no comparison. Newcastle are big in their city, Man City are a half decent club influenced by billionaire owners, Chelsea likewise, Spurs and Arsenal are big in the North of London, none of those clubs are anywhere near as big worldwide.

MWHIBBIES
26-01-2021, 02:31 PM

No, they're not. Chelsea and Arsenal are considerably bigger than Celtic and Rangers.

MWHIBBIES
26-01-2021, 02:32 PM
In monetary terms due to inflated Sky money. You stick Rangers and Celtic in their shoes down south and there’s no comparison. Newcastle are big in their city, Man City are a half decent club influenced by billionaire owners, Chelsea likewise, Spurs and Arsenal are big in the North of London, none of those clubs are anywhere near as big worldwide.

They're both much, much bigger worldwide. Trust me. I communicate daily with people from all over the world. None of them give a **** about Celtic or Rangers. They could all hold a conversation about Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea.

bigwheel
26-01-2021, 02:37 PM

Nope. I’m talking global brands.....yes. If the old firm were in England their brand would grow. But they are not. And as a result they are nowhere near the scale ....

I know someone who worked in Rangers marketing..they were stunned about how actually limited their fans population is.

hibbysam
26-01-2021, 02:51 PM
They're both much, much bigger worldwide. Trust me. I communicate daily with people from all over the world. None of them give a **** about Celtic or Rangers. They could all hold a conversation about Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea.

That’s because the English league is pushed down their throats all over the world. I’m sure they could hold a conversation about Brighton as well but it doesn’t make them bigger.

hibbysam
26-01-2021, 02:54 PM
Nope. I’m talking global brands.....yes. If the old firm were in England their brand would grow. But they are not. And as a result they are nowhere near the scale ....

I know someone who worked in Rangers marketing..they were stunned about how actually limited their fans population is.

Global brand based on money and exposure due to TV. Folk could’ve argued last year Bournemouth had a larger global brand than Aberdeen Hibs or Hearts but there’s not a chance they’re a bigger club. That league could take a pea and make it the size of an elephant, it’s all artificial.

The history and support base of the Old Firm dwarf’s the majority of the EPL.

MWHIBBIES
26-01-2021, 02:55 PM
That’s because the English league is pushed down their throats all over the world. I’m sure they could hold a conversation about Brighton as well but it doesn’t make them bigger.

No, they couldn't. Thats the point. Arsenal and Chelsea are huge clubs. Constants in Europe, winning trophies, plenty titles, huge supports in a huge city.

bigwheel
26-01-2021, 03:04 PM
Global brand based on money and exposure due to TV. Folk could’ve argued last year Bournemouth had a larger global brand than Aberdeen Hibs or Hearts but there’s not a chance they’re a bigger club. That league could take a pea and make it the size of an elephant, it’s all artificial.

The history and support base of the Old Firm dwarf’s the majority of the EPL.

I think you’ve been too long believing the hype of the Scottish press . The Irish diaspora gives Celtic a global presence ..but outside of Scotland even Rangers (other than unionist/Protestant oriented groups) and the rest of Scotland are largely cause a ripple compared to the big teams in the EPL. You keep dismissing global presence and brand because of things like “money and TV”....but that’s what make things “bigger”. You get people flying in from all over the world to see City, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea etc ..in numbers Celtic and Rangers can only dream about . As I said previously Rangers were stunned how limited their global reach was when they starting using more sophisticated data and campaigns to engage with their community . It is minuscule compared to the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal..you can keep dismissing it, but unless you are defining the old firm being bigger with some unique characteristics..then in terms of global fans, brand reach, recognition etc etc they are likely not in the top 8-10 in the UK . Celtic are considerably globally bigger than Rangers too ..

hibbysam
26-01-2021, 03:09 PM
No, they couldn't. Thats the point. Arsenal and Chelsea are huge clubs. Constants in Europe, winning trophies, plenty titles, huge supports in a huge city.

And without said money from Abramovic Chelsea would be nowhere near what they are today.

MWHIBBIES
26-01-2021, 03:15 PM
And without said money from Abramovic Chelsea would be nowhere near what they are today.

Of course. But they are. And have been are successful as anyone in England over the last 20 years.

hibbysam
26-01-2021, 03:16 PM
I think you’ve been too long believing the hype of the Scottish press . The Irish diaspora gives Celtic a global presence ..but outside of Scotland even Rangers (other than unionist/Protestant oriented groups) and the rest of Scotland are largely cause a ripple compared to the big teams in the EPL. You keep dismissing global presence and brand because of things like “money and TV”....but that’s what make things “bigger”. You get people flying in from all over the world to see City, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea etc ..in numbers Celtic and Rangers can only dream about . As I said previously Rangers were stunned how limited their global reach was when they starting using more sophisticated data and campaigns to engage with their community . It is minuscule compared to the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal..you can keep dismissing it, but unless you are defining the old firm being bigger with some unique characteristics..then in terms of global fans, brand reach, recognition etc etc they are likely not in the top 8-10 in the UK . Celtic are considerably globally bigger than Rangers too ..

Artificially inflated due to the leagues they play in. There’s no doubt the EPL is the most watched league worldwide, therefore the clubs are being watched more. Take Chelsea, Arsenal, Newcastle, Spurs and City etc out of that and they make nowhere near the appeal. United and Liverpool have been huge for decades, Barcelona and Real Madrid likewise. Outwith the United Liverpool game and United City game it’s the third most watched game in Britain worldwide.

Since90+2
26-01-2021, 03:17 PM
Arsenal and Chelsea are about the same size of clubs these days, certainly the biggest two in London and obviously smaller than Man Utd and Liverpool.

Not that it really matters.

AugustaHibs
26-01-2021, 03:17 PM
Not the be all and end all, but Chelsea have 25 million Instagram followers compared to Celtics 500k.

Twitter - 15.9m compared to 700k.

In today’s world where social media is accessed by a high % of people some way or another, that is pretty telling.

Chelsea and Celtic aren’t even comparable on a global scale. Absolutely crazy to even suggest so

Since90+2
26-01-2021, 03:19 PM
Artificially inflated due to the leagues they play in. There’s no doubt the EPL is the most watched league worldwide, therefore the clubs are being watched more. Take Chelsea, Arsenal, Newcastle, Spurs and City etc out of that and they make nowhere near the appeal. United and Liverpool have been huge for decades, Barcelona and Real Madrid likewise. Outwith the United Liverpool game and United City game it’s the third most watched game in Britain worldwide.

That doesn't sound correct to me. Are you saying more people worldwide watch Celtic v Rangers than Man Utd v Arsenal for example?

bigwheel
26-01-2021, 04:04 PM

Your argument seems to be that celtic and Rangers are bigger than most , if the EPL wasn’t as popular ..can you see how that doesn’t really work as an argument?

You are way underestimating the popularity of the EPL teams. They have built their brand now for decades and even the new money teams for 10-20 years .

The old firm are big fish in Scotland , reasonable in the UK and largely no different than any other regular European participant across the rest of the world.

hibbysam
26-01-2021, 04:18 PM
Your argument seems to be that celtic and Rangers are bigger than most , if the EPL wasn’t as popular ..can you see how that doesn’t really work as an argument?

You are way underestimating the popularity of the EPL teams. They have built their brand now for decades and even the new money teams for 10-20 years .

The old firm are big fish in Scotland , reasonable in the UK and largely no different than any other regular European participant across the rest of the world.

That’s your opinion, the stature of the OF derby says completely different about the rest of the world, hence how we manage to pocket ourself a half decent TV deal for the sake of 4 games per season. I’m talking about the history of the clubs, the fact they are huge draws worldwide while playing in Scotland without even 1/10th of the exposure they get down south.

Like I said in my original post, take the money away from the majority of those clubs and they’re a fraction of the size and majority of the world wouldn’t care a jot about them.

The Modfather
26-01-2021, 04:21 PM
That’s your opinion, the stature of the OF derby says completely different about the rest of the world, hence how we manage to pocket ourself a half decent TV deal for the sake of 4 games per season. I’m talking about the history of the clubs, the fact they are huge draws worldwide while playing in Scotland without even 1/10th of the exposure they get down south.

Like I said in my original post, take the money away from the majority of those clubs and they’re a fraction of the size and majority of the world wouldn’t care a jot about them.

Surely the counter to that is take away the sectarianism both clubs are built on and they’re just another Porto, Benfica, Ajax etc

hibbysam
26-01-2021, 04:24 PM
Surely the counter to that is take away the sectarianism both clubs are built on and they’re just another Porto, Benfica, Ajax etc

Of course you could, and I would. That’s never going to happen though, it has been there pretty much their whole existence while the Sky money has been there for 20 odd years. The Sky money could easily be pulled at any given time (just look at the current predicament at Barca).

bigwheel
26-01-2021, 04:30 PM

If you think someone in the (say) Netherlands cares about Celtic v Rangers. Then you are very Mistaken. Sure an aficionado will know it’s a game of heritage , but no more than galatasaray derbies and certainly nothing like a Boca etc

Since90+2
26-01-2021, 04:33 PM

All 3 clubs mentioned there are bigger than both Celtic & Rangers too.

BILLYHIBS
26-01-2021, 05:17 PM
Tuchel announced by Chelski

SSN

Since452
26-01-2021, 05:24 PM
All 3 clubs mentioned there are bigger than both Celtic & Rangers too.

Rangers and Celtic are small fish these days. Gigantic fanbase but that means nothing now.

jgl07
27-01-2021, 05:19 PM
Daft decision. Fair enough he spent a fair chunk and a couple of his big signing's haven't quite worked out yet, he's only 5 points off 4th in one of the closest run leagues in a while.

I will bet that Lampard had next to no input into most of the big money signings.

It was even the same with Mourinho when Abramavich signed players including Shevchenko that Jose would not have gone for.

jgl07
27-01-2021, 05:39 PM
That doesn't sound correct to me. Are you saying more people worldwide watch Celtic v Rangers than Man Utd v Arsenal for example?

No its a typically delusional comment about the alleged importance of the old firm.

There are loads of bigger matches in England and throughout mainland Europe.